30-Somethings - Week of May 26th-THANKS 2 THE MILITARY WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES FOR US!

Pryia
05-26-2002, 08:22 AM
Good Morning all!
Thought I would get us started this week. Back on program for me. I fell off and now I must return.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

RoadRunner
05-26-2002, 08:40 AM
Good Morning all...Well, I am getting a little stressed about things but excited...I am almost 11 weeks and the unmentionable was at 13w3d soo please pray for this tough next 2 weeks...Things are really different this time..for 1...I have a belly earlier and my butt is shifting outward..The biggest difference is...I HAVE REACHED A "C" CUP!!!!!I have never had boobies like this before...I have gained some energy now after being zapped, soo I am going to start going to the healthclub and doing some slow walking on the treadmill and arm weights...

BFB--Soo glad to see U back!!!I was thinking about U today..DH had to remind me last year at this time, we were cruising in that red double decker bus all over London!!!!

Pryia-Glad to see U back also!!!!

I didnt write anything down..soo congrats to the 2 lb loser and the below 160 person!!!!Forgive me, but I have pregnancy brain forgetfullness!!!!!

Have a great Holiday tomorrow and lets not forget why we are celebrating!!!!!
Vicki

Pryia
05-26-2002, 08:51 AM
Vicki-

Relax Sweetheart. Things sounds so much better than before. You know how you felt last time, and this time things seem to be much better. Walking is great excerise when you are PG. That is what I did the whole time. I would get bored and go for a 3 or 4 mile walk. It makes labor and delivery easy too.

P

Rabbit
05-26-2002, 05:25 PM
HI ALL!

Checking in to say hi - beautiful weekend here. Played golf. Planted tomatoes & flowers. Cooking out. What could be better??

Lyssa - Yeah on the 158!!!:smug:

Nanci - I guess you are gone now - I like your idea & will plan to keep you in mind while I am gone.

Lauren - thanks for the encouraging words!:)

Pryia - you can do it!

RR - I'm happy things are going so well for you.:D

Happy Memorial Day all.

Rabbit
OP since 5/13/02
352.407 miles

dabrat
05-26-2002, 07:34 PM
:) Hi to everyone I am glad to see that everyone seems to be doing great this weekend. I have not been doing so great. I was at about 1900 calories yesterday and the day before. Today will be the same thing. At least I have still been doing my walking each morning. I want to sleepin but my walking cloths keep calling me.:lol: I did 2 miles today and 2 1/2 yesterday. I wish I had more time but there seems to always be something I have to get back and do. Hope to have a better week! Daphne

Greekgirl
05-27-2002, 07:05 AM
Hello girls,

most of you will still be asleep as I write this, it being about 7 hrs earlier (minimum) on your side.

I am glad to see that this thread will go on, I have trouble finding you all around the message board one by one (especially Pryia).

this is a great new week to do something good for ourselves:

Dabrat, you may have not been "perfect" with your diet, but 1900 is a normal calorie intake so you haven't done any harm either. think about it this way: if you can eat 1900, you can eat 1500, too, and this will make all the difference between losing weight and plateauing: you can do it!

Must have lost some weight because my clothes fit somewhat better than before, but cannot check this, as my scale is still broken and have to buy a new one.
Am right on track with the gym again, though, and did a nice sunday walk in the park (wanted to jog, but my orthopedic says I must not run on uneven tracks), did 4 miles & was very proud of myself.
As I live in a warm (ok comparatively warm) country, now's the time that I have to unpack all my summer clothes and flimsy thingies. they stil kinda fit, but not like they did last year...

Pryia, everybody falls off their programs now and again. Just get back on it!

Go, RR, go!

see ya all,

Vassiliki, Athens

My sister's arriving today from the Netherlands, though for a short vacation, so it's PARTYTIME!

Pryia
05-27-2002, 11:13 AM
Would it help if I stuck each week to the top. Does that make it easier for the new people to find us.

Just let me know!

Rabbit
05-27-2002, 12:02 PM
hello.

Happy Memorial Day.

It is nice here now although we are supposed to get rain this evening. Tomorrow a.m. I will be leaving until next weekend. Really hope to do well while I am gone - I have done well lately and sure don't want to blow it. Wish me luck!

Dab - Yeah for the walking!:cool:

Greek - hooray for the clothes fitting better. Have fun with your sister.:)

Pryia - I don't know if it will help people or not. I always look for the new post symbols.

Rabbit
OP since 5/13/02 (wow! today makes 2 weeks!!):D

lyssalou
05-27-2002, 12:42 PM
Hello all, it has been a wild visit the parents weekend. I am so glad I actually have a few minutes to post. I still can't believe how much I weigh. I was begining to think I would never go below 160. Now I will press on to go below 150!!! I will do this, I will return to my pre-marriage weight. :D

Rabbit - Just in case you see this before you leave, remember that none of the not so good for you food tastes as good as skinny's gonna feel!!! Maybe that thought will help you stay on track while you are away!!! But, have fun anyway!!! Wow, playing golf, that is a sport I want to take up someday, that and tennis!!!

Pryia - Yes, that would be too cool if you stuck the new week to the top of the forum!!! How's that program coming? Are you staying on it? I know the answer is YES!! :D

GG (aka Greekgirl) - It is nice to see you again. Your flimsy thingies will fit you again, just behave yourself, and exercise, and it won't be long before they fit you well again.

Daphne - I agree with GG that 1900 calories won't help you loose weight, but it probably won't hurt you too much either. Just get back on your plan, and you'll never know you splurged at all.

RR - remember the relationship you had with the porcelin throne recently means that your little one is strong and healthy, and reacting to your own body chemistry. I am sending you faith that all will go well in the next 6 months!!! (and beyond!!!!) BTW, it was me who went below 160, and of course you are forgiven. I used to always say "Gain a child, loose a mind". I know that for a fact, four times over. So, I have no mind left at all, that is why I am such a nut!!!

DH is trying to go to the coffee shop, and if I want my order right, I better tell him what I want!!! So, I will chat with you gals later!!!

Greekgirl
05-28-2002, 03:28 AM
Hello everyone! still asleep , huh?

I had a wonderful time with my sister last night: we went for coffee on the town square very nice warm evening, lost of people around) and had lots of laughs. I have three sisters, but they all live in the Netherlands, so I don't get to see them much and have to make the most of it when I do.

Pryia, I think it would help a lot to do it that way. I'm only sorry that I cannot chat with everyone that easily because of the time difference (I don't have an internet connection at home, and y'all would just about be getting up when I leave work in the afternoon).

Lyssalou, I think I am going to do even better next week. Dear BF is going to Australia for two weeks so I don't have to look at a full fridge (torture, his mom sent over a whole shopping bag of home made cooking from Serbia two days ago), AND I'm going to buy a good scale (finally) when I get paid at the end of the week.
as soon as I have the scale, I will post my exact weight so you can cheer or scold me.

Have fun rabbit! tell us how it was!

Have a wonderful day today!

Greekgirl AKA Vassiliki, From sunny & warm Athens

lizzard_h
05-28-2002, 09:12 AM
Hi everyone! I'm finally back to my normal schedule -- and back up to 161 this morning :( I'm hoping that's mostly because I had a nice dinner with DH last night and I'm feeling kind of bloated since AF will be here soon. I went to the store yesterday and stocked up on healthy foods so I can get back OP. I worked out with weights this morning for the first time in 2 wks so I know I'm gonna be hurting. I've done this before though so I knew to take it easy at first.

Lys, Congrats on making it into the 150's. Hopefully I'll be back there by the end of the week.

RR, I'm so happy everything is going well for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Woohoo on C-cup!!

Greekgirl, I love reading your posts. Greece is so beautiful!! Have fun with your sister.

Rabbit, have fun on your trip. It figures -- I come back and you leave again. Hopefully Bailey will keep me company on the food log forum.

Dabrat, don't worry about a couple of 1900 days. Just don't let it become a habit :D You are doing great -- especially with your walking.

Pryia, it doesn't matter to me where you put the posts. I don't have any problems finding them. Way to get back on the wagon. I'm having to do the same.

Bailey, are you still jogging?? After a two week hiatus I'm back at it again. I need you to come back and help keep me focused. :) I'm sorry your work situation isn't the greatest -- hopefully it will give you what you need to look for a new job. I'm so happy your doctor said you don't have the eye disease!!

Hi to everyone else -- I'm still playing catch up. You guys post a ton of messages in two weeks!!

Rabbit
05-28-2002, 10:27 AM
Hi all - thought I'd check in real quick before I left this morning (I'm waiting for dh :) ).

Lyssa - Thanks for the encouraging words! I will think about that (hopefully!). ~ I like tennis also - dh & I do that & also biking.

Greek - I'll be working, but I'm sure I'll have fun too!:)

Liz - welcome back! Keep the food journal warm - I'll be back. One of these days it will be so easy to keep in touch even on the road, I'm sure.

have a great week all!

Rabbit
OP since 5/13/02 :D

dabrat
05-28-2002, 01:06 PM
:o I had forgotten a few foods yesterday and when I did thenm today I was at 2750 calories! OMG I was so shocked.:o :o I am back OP 110 % today. I have done my walk and plan on going to store and getting healthy veges again. I didn't drink my water this last few days and can tell that I am retaining it majoyly! OK I am great now! Thanks for all the encouraging words everyone!

RR I had to laugh at the c cup I am a d and would love to be a B cup! That is my dream here.:lol:

Lys congrats on the 150s I think that is great! I hope to be in there by Wintertime.

Greekgirl it sounds like you had a fun weekend. I am glad that you are getting to visit your sisters. DId they move or did you?

Rabbit why are you waiting for DH?:s: :p I hope you have a grat happy sunny day!

OK gotta go for now will post later today! Daphne

LBH
05-28-2002, 01:35 PM
Hi All,

Brat- I had to laugh at your D comment, because me and my DD's wouldn't mind being a C...but who knows what's gonna happen know that I'm PG!! :eek: Good for you getting back OP though!!

Liz- Good for you getting back OP and buying all those healthy foods! :D I bought a bunch of fruit this weekend and am starting to make smoothies for breakfast.

Does anyone know if you can add protein powder or something to a smoothie to make it more nutritious? Would it be something I'd get at GNC or something? Just the smoothie doesn't fill me up for more than a half hour, so I thought if i could do that, it would help??

Greek- Have fun with your sister!

Lyss- You're so positive, it's motivating to read your posts

TechAlum
05-28-2002, 04:07 PM
Hello All,

This week has gone pretty well, we'll see what the evil scale god says tonight. If it's totally out of wack agian with how I feel I'm thinking I might just ask them not to let me know. I don't own a scale so I can't check mid week and if I didn't look then.... Anyway I feel good about the week since I met my personal goals of drinking water, drinking less alcohol, and writing everthing down. Unfortunately I wore new shoes to work w/o breaking them in and now have blisters on the backs of my feet so wearing shoes is painful (you would thing by 35 I'd know better), and walking is limited.

I made a really good blueberry/pecan cake to take to my BIL's on Sunday. It came from Cooking Light and was 5pts a piece, which isn't low, but definately better than the fudge/carmel thing my mom fed us last night (don't ask me why I ate it I don't even like chocolate cake! :o ).

RR - my sister keeps blaming the baby for her forgetfulness to. I think it's a conspiricy (sp?) by you PG people. I'll keep you in my thoughts this week, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Pyria - Congrats on getting back on the wagon, I think I'm going to join you in the 35 days OP goal.

LBH - I wasn't offended, I just found it interesting. Hope you're doing OK with the PG.

Lys - congrats on breaking the 150s :D.

Greek - Good luck getting back into those clothes.

Rabbit & Nanci - I know you're gone but hope you have good trips.

Liz - Welcome back.

BPB - Drop in whenever.

I'll drop in later and let you know the results of WI :eek:

- Tech :spin:

KarenK
05-28-2002, 09:35 PM
Hi guys. Haven't been around much. I had a midterm tonight, so now I should have some more time. :) I have NOT been doing well eating. I gotta shape up again.

DH bought a new Subaru Outback last week and of course it had to have problems!! They didn't do what they were supposed to so we had to take it to the dealer Sat morning. Well, to make a long story short, it had to stay the weekend and we got a Audi loaner. Nice car!! It was fun to drive but DH is SO glad to have his back today. He was very depressed all weekend.

RR: My thoughts and prayers are with you. I will pray for you.

Lauren: How's it going? Still no MS?

Okay, gotta go. Still a lot to do tonight.

:wave: :wave:

LBH
05-29-2002, 07:35 AM
Hi All,

Well, I'm sitting here debating getting in the shower! I don't feel good...and I think I may puke, but I don't want to. It's not that far along that I'd feel better if I did. Sorry for TMI!! :o I know I can't just start taking days off, half days just because of M/S, but I really felt crappy for about half the day yesterday.

Karen- How'd the midterm go? Hope all is OK with the car now.

Tech- Hope things went your way at the scales!!

OK, I guess I'll get in the shower after the guy upstairs gets out...he just moved in this weekend.

lyssalou
05-29-2002, 05:08 PM
LBH - Ginger tea made out of fresh grated ginger and munching on almonds really helps. Oh yeah, so does ruby red grapefruit juice!!! I thought the people who told me about that stuff were nuts. But with my last 2 pregnancies it really helped. I am sure you know to leave a sprite and crackers by your bed and eat/drink them before you lift your head, but incase no one had mentioned that to you, I thought I would.

RoadRunner
05-29-2002, 06:49 PM
Hello all!!!!I heard the heartbeat yesterday...Nice and strong!!!I never heard the first baby's at all..soo I cried and laughed at the same time!!!!THis means that little p-nut is growing!!!!I have gained 0.5lbs since my surgery in january soo at 11 weeks that is right on schedule!!!!The bootie is widening but I was still able to zip up a size 4 pants this weekend..Of course, had the big shirt to hide the round tummy!!!!!
I have more energy today...did 3 miles on the treadmill and arm weights...It felt good, but now I am pooped!!!Keep the good wishes vibes going!!!!

Lauren--I say stick with Lyssa's suggestions!!!She is the pro preg survivor!!!!:D Ginger snaps are excellent for that!!!!

WEll..off to bathe kids and myself!!!
Vicki
Hello all!!!!

BaileySG
05-29-2002, 08:15 PM
Will catch up with you all soon - just wanted to post this warning lest someone else slip into the "1 a day" routine that I have recently...based on rough calculations

WHOOPIE PIES ARE 10-12 POINTS EACH!!!!!:o

Juldiet
05-29-2002, 11:56 PM
Real quick Hello to all.
Its been a busy week and we're taking off for a show tomorrow.
This one is in Kansas City so we'll drop the kids off at my parents.
I had a Dr apt this week and she wants me to go off the Birth Control Pills and try Gloucophase (something like that) for my PCOS (polycystic ovaries). The BCP were really starting to give me some problems (masking - discoloration of skin) and bad angry PMS (no cramps - just so angry that I'd like to kill or slap something). We'll see what this other stuff does to me...one side effect is weight loss (lets hope!!!).

Anyway....see you all next week. - jul

Greekgirl
05-30-2002, 04:27 AM
Just a short one:

RR: why are you hiding the tummy (except if you want nobody to find out yet)? It's the most beautiful and sexy thing there is and you should show it!

Dabrat: how's the diet going?

I have been good and put on a last year skirt that fit just FINE! AND a flimsy t-shirt to go with it (it's getting warm here)

am going shopping with my sis# 2 this afternoon, in glyfada, nice Athens suburb. We don't have any large malls here, just shops in a row. Only thing is that the clothes here have weird sizes: your size 8 corresponds with XL here!!! And it's not like Greeks are all skinny, either.
This is one thing I envy you for: all you nice shops and sites with L-sized clothes: most of them don't take overseas orders, which I resent: does anybody know some shop or site that does? My sis# 1 is more overweight than me as well as shorter (about 180 on a 5 foot 2 frame), and she can't find anything nice in the Netherlands (where my family lives and I was born) because all clothes are too long, or here, where they are too small.

Anyway to close for today: I going on TV! This crew from a Dutch Consumer television program called me today, if I could help them in the shootings and preparations for a program, and I said yes! (This is another good reason to lose those pounds fast as they're coming about 12 June, o gawd!).

Enough shocking things for today, I am going to ask you something really dumb, but as I can't remember I will: What's memorial day celebrating?

Dummie from Greece,

God Loves You, So You Better Love Yourself, Too!
:love:

RoadRunner
05-30-2002, 05:32 AM
Good Morning!!!

Greekgirl-I am at the phase where it is like..."Is she just fat or maybe pg???"I will stick it out loud and proud when it is a definately pg stomach and not just a big tummy!!!!:D Memorial Day Celebration is when we pay tribute to everyone who has served in the armed forces throughout history to give us the freedoms we have....We honor every branch and have services all over the USA for the service men and women...

Jul==My good friend started glucophage for PCOS...lost weight, picked up energy and for the first time in her life felt wonderful!!!!!

Got to get to work!!Take care all!!!
Vicki
BTW-Peanuts heartbeat was 156 last night!!!!Hmm..is Peanut gettting in the female heart rate range??????

Rabbit
05-30-2002, 07:12 AM
hi all. saying hello from my hotel room - don't have much time. soing pretty well, but I'm estimating that i went 3 points over yesterday - hard to calclate - but I'm happy I'm journaling. have a good day!

sorry for the printing errors -Rabbit

lizzard_h
05-30-2002, 11:06 AM
Friday is almost upon us again. Is it just me or is time flying by faster the older I get?? Why is that? I'm having a fun time at work this week -- running circles chasing invisible problems. Oh well, it's still good to be back home. Still not eating OP -- dang PMS cravings. Tonite I'm fixing a nice salad with grilled chicken breast for dinner. I'm wearing my tighter pants today and boy, I can tell where those extra 4 lbs are located. Ugghhh...the good thing is that it's helping me to remember I need to get back OP.

Lauren, I've heard you can add powders to the smoothies but I've never done it. You might do some web searching to look for recipes. Sorry about the MS -- I don't have any advice since I've never gone thru that. Just know that it's a normal part of the PG.

Tech, how'd the WI go? I have my fingers crossed you saw good news.

Vicki, I'm so happy for you!!!!! One of my best friends is in the same boat you are and everything is going well for her too. She's due in Nov and I will not be able to breathe easy until she delivers a healthy baby. You all are in my prayers.

Bailey, sorry bout the pie points. Major bummer!! That's like five glasses of wine. :D

Jul, good luck with your show. Let me know how the new stuff works for you. I usually have that "I need to kill something" pms attitude too. Not this month though -- I'm only suffering "I want to eat everything in sight" this time.

Rabbit, hurry back. We miss you.

Greekgirl
05-31-2002, 04:46 AM
Hi girls! almost weekend for me!

Just wanted to say, if you want to add protein shakes to your diet, that's fine, the best thing is to add one a day at the most difficult time of the day (or two max). You can mix it with water, but it doesn't taste as well, try mixing with 0% milk, shake really well (!) and drink immediately. This will fill you up nicely and keep you satisfied and going for a while.
The box comes with a measuring thingie, but don't overdo the dose.
Choose the over 95% pure protein powders (there are also powders that consist of protein/carbohydrate mixtures). Also watch out for additions like ephedrines, guarana etc. Just take the plain and simple pure whey or pure eggwhite protein powders.
Personally, I prefer chocolate over vanilla. The taste is very good (depending on brand) in general, they taste and look (haha) like regular milkshakes.
I am going to start on them again, too. I forgot what brand I used to use but will post it. It's from the States so you should be able to get it, too.

no more news for the mo,

Have a great weekend!:D

lizzard_h
05-31-2002, 08:13 AM
My DH got some kind of chocolate protein powder you're supposed to mix with skim milk. When we use the "recommended" amount of powder it comes out like delicious brownie mix, which of course is not a bad thing -- it's just kind of hard to drink something so thick and sweet. We cut the powder by 1/3 and it's more of a shake instead. You just have to play with things.

LBH
05-31-2002, 09:18 AM
Hi All,

I feel OK so far today...it is only 9 a.m. though!! I think I've figured out that I can't get up and have my OJ like I usually do, it's too much acid, too early I think. Today I got up and made a smoothie with the protein powder I bought.

Liz & GG- I wish I had seen your posts before I bought the powder the other day. I got it at Trader Joe's, it's their brand. They had choices of Milk & Egg, Whey, and Soy. I bought the Milk & Egg, because I just didn't know which to choose. I've tried other Soy things and didn't like them. If I was just gonna drink the shakes, I would get chocolate, but since I just wanted some extra nutrition in my smoothie, I got the plain/vanilla. Yes, it came out pretty thick putting two scoops in, I will probably just put one or 1 1/2 scoops in the next one. Otherwise it was OK. Didn't smell or taste bad at all. I put 1 1/2 c. FF milk, about 1/4 c. blueberries, 3 large strawberries, 1 banana and a few icecubes in with the 2 scoops of powder. It was a lot, I didn't finish it. Not sure that it filled me up though...seems nothing fills me up these days!

Rabbit- Glad you could pop in from the hotel! Hopefully that'll keep you OP...or close to it! :D

RR- That sure sounds like a girl!! I can't wait to hear mine!! I still think it's a girl though.

Jul- Good luck with the Glucophage. I've heard good things about it. My mom works in an endo's office and they have a lot of patients on it for PCOS. I remember being on one kind of pill that made me pyscho like that. I was soo mean and nasty and not fun to be around!

Oh Bailey- Hope you threw away the rest of the Whoopie Pies!! :eek:

Lyss- Is it OK if the almonds are in chocolate, like a hershey bar, or kiss?! :lol: :lol: I have crackers by the bed, saltines, but I don't like them! I mean, normally I do, but I can't bring myself to eat them. I had ginger ale too. I'm usually OK when I first wake up. I'm just starving and like I said up top, need to stay away from the OJ! Thanks for the reminder though! Do you know if they sell ginger tea bags? I remember trying to make ginger tea with the ground ginger I had in the house one time a few years ago, and it was nasty. If I buy fresh ginger, how long does it last? Can it be frozen?

Well, DH must think I'm nuts, he's off today, so I was trying to be real quiet getting ready for work, but I walked into the bathroom and decided it had to be cleaned this AM!! The only thing left is the shower, and he's gotta do that because we use Lime Away on it, and I don't want to be around those fumes. I can't stand them anyway, and there's no way I'm gonna be around them PG!!

I want to call and ask him to clean a little today, before he goes to work at my mom's, but he'll probably get mad at me. I'll just ask him to do the shower and I'll clean the rest tomorrow.

Have a great day all!!

RoadRunner
06-01-2002, 05:31 AM
Good Morning!!!I am on call and guess who has to be at work for 5am on the day she likes to sleep late???...Why do people have to have surgery on the weekend???:dizzy:
Have a great day!!!!Just checking in and counting the minutes until my nap!!!!!
Vicki

TechAlum
06-01-2002, 08:19 AM
Happy Weekend All,

Just wanted to stop in and catch up really quick. Not working on the computer all day makes it more of an effort to check in. I suppose that's the point :o .

Anyway, WI went OK I lost 0.8 :). I'm wondering if since my menstral cycle is back on track (after BC), if I'm back to my old patern of loose little to nothing for 3 weeks eat like a pig the 4th and loose lots. I always found the key to not gain those first 3 but it's hard. Does anyone else have that problem?

LBH - earlier in the week weren't you wishing for MS? Bet you're regretting it now :) Hang in there from what I've seen of most people it only lasts the first trimester.

RR - I'm so happy that things seem to be going better for you this time around!! I read somewhere that people who have problems getting PG and loose one or more tend to have girls because the fetuses are stronger (big supprise), so you may be right.

GG - Congrats on getting into last summers clothes! I shop at www.landsend.com they're not the trendiest but they do pants to length (.5inch increments) and they ship oversees so you might want to check it out.

Liz - Time definately flies faster the older you get :lol: My DH has a theory about why: as we get older each year is a smaller percentage of our life so it seems shorter. Kinda makes sense to me.

Jul - good luck on the new meds. I'll think of you as I wonder our local art fair this weekend.

Rabbit - glad you could check in. Hope things are going well on your trip.

KarenK - Hope the mid-term went well :)

Well I've got a load of things to do this a.m. before we head out to my folks this afternoon to let the dogs go swimming (they live on a lake) .

Have a great weekend all!!!

-Tech :spin:

lyssalou
06-01-2002, 11:10 PM
Well, It has been crazy around here, what else is new. I seem to be loosing a little more weight than I have been the past few months. The scales were down to 155 this morning. :) My clothes are getting bigger and bigger all the time. I told dh that before long, I will not have any clothes to wear that fit me. I am still wearing a pair of 16's, but they are so big on me. My wedding rings are starting to slip a little, too. I never thought I would actually loose weight before January, this really feels so good. I am splurging a little more than I did once in a while, but I am trying to do it wisely. I know that I am still staying under the maximum I should eat each day, but I am trying not to stay as low as I was before.

I think I have figured out that if I eat no/low fat most of the time, and if I keep my splurges sensible, then I will be fine, and I will be able to afford those "splurges".

OK, enough of my rambling about things you guys already know.

Tech - I hope that what ever the case, that you are able to continue to loose weight.

RR - Becareful hiding your condition. I have read that you can cause problems trying to make yourself fit into tight fitting clothes. Don't worry about what your size looks like, if someone is stupid enough to make a rude comment about your weight, just smile and know that it is all "baby fat" :D And in about 6 1/2 months it will all go away, and you will have a wonderful package to show for it all!!!

LBH - I think the chocolate may add a little more calories than you want!!! I buy ginger root from the produce section, and I do keep it in the freezer, it sort of tastes like a peppery chicken broth. As a matter of a fact I have used the "tea" in place of chicken broth before in a soup, and everyone liked it!!!

Liz & GG- I just found a chocolate protein powder at the $1 store. It is Metabolift, and it looks like all of the ingrediets are pretty good. I will find out how good the taste is tomorrow.

Well, DH wants me to cut his hair since the hair cutters did a bad job. So, I will post more soon