Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 03-02-2009, 06:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/180/155

Height: 5'8"

Default Getting started

I'm holding steady at 185, which actually surprises me considering I don't eat as well as I should. A couple years ago, when I was single and living alone (and loving it LOL), I had lost weight from 200 to 185 and hit a plateau, after dieting alone. I started doing situps, pushups, general resistance exercises, for about 20 minutes a day, every other day, after I got home from work. I dropped from 185 to 162 in several months. I was still losing when I got married and moved 2 states away with my husband, and then my nice little predictable routine changed and I stopped.

So I KNOW I could do that again, if I could just get started! My life is different now married, than living alone, and I don't have a set routine now like I did then (exactly the same thing every day, at exactly the same time). I've been telling myself for MONTHS that I'm going to start doing the exercises again, that I only have to do them for 20 minutes every other day to lose weight. I don't know what's stopping me. Okay, I do have a lot more housework to keep up with now, but I really should be able to find the time and effort to do this!

Maybe you guys could give me some encouragement, advice, or ANYTHING to get me to get off my butt and get to it!
Athendta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:24 AM   #2  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

You've just got to make the time for yourself to be fit and have a healthy life.
You've done it before, so you know you can do it again.
There's no magic to it, you've just got to find the time and do it.

You can do sets of pushups, situps, etc., while you watch tv.
I'll do counter top pushups and squats while making supper.
You can get up a few minutes early (if you're a morning person--I'm not ) and workout first thing in the morning.
Can you slip in sets of exercise at work? Squats, chair dips and desktop pushups?

Good luck--you can do it
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote