100 lb. Club - Accountability/Menu/Planning 2 - 8 March

nicolen
03-02-2009, 02:08 AM
Hello lovelies!

And that's another week gone. I'm not quite sure where, especially this weekend. Why do weekends always go so fast?

Anyway, the weekend was pretty quiet for me. I meant to check in, but didn't quite get that far. Made it to the gym and had a good workout on Saturday and was on call yesterday for work, so couldn't really go anywhere since my mobile's out of action at the moment. I don't use my mobile very often, but it was a bit frustrating, so I must go and see the nice people at Vodafone this week. I did get below 240, which was my goal for February, so I think I deserve a carrot! :carrot:

And I learned a lesson today in why I need to organise myself. Normally on a Sunday I cook up a lot of food to get me through the first few days of the week since Monday is always a busy day and the last thing I want to do on a Monday night is cook. I didn't do that last night - had leftovers instead. So when it came time to sort out my lunch I had nothing really suitable for lunch except a packet of instant noodles. I took them to work, ate them and by about 3pm I was hungry, grumpy - you name it. So a lesson for me - I need protein and low GI carbs at lunchtime and instant noodles provide neither! I'm waiting to see what impact the sodium has on the scales...

Bit of a sad day for me today. This day 18 years ago my first boyfriend died in a car accident. We'd broken up several months before hand - no dramas or anything like that, just normal teenage stuff, but yeah. It's the one day a year I spend a lot of time thinking about him. I think about him at other times too, of course, but it struck me that this year he's been dead longer than he ever was alive. It's quite a bittersweet feeling.

MJ, hope you enjoyed that mani/pedi! Brilliant idea!

Mug, good for you with the exercise! Trust me, it does become a habit (and dare I say it, a little addicting as well, seeing how much you improve from week to week).

Red, how are you doing?

Numina, it's all about having fun, isn't it?

Lottie, a book, huh? What ganre? How many words? I play at writing - got lots of ideas, and a couple of starts at a novel, but I don't quite have the discipline to actually knuckle down. One of these days...

So the menu today was:

B - toast with vegemite

S - yoghurt

S - muesli bar

L - instant noodles

D - chicken, rice, stirfry.

Have a fantastic Monday!

fractal
03-02-2009, 07:58 AM
Stuck at the same level and bloated (TOM).

I did relax my plan a bit, and had a couple of glasses of red wine to relax. I am busy packing, and there is huge stress and pressure at home (parents), as I am leaving for the UK again, and they hate the idea. Have to plan what to snack on during the trip, which will take almost a day, door-to-door.

Good luck, ladies, stay cool, stay on plan and think summer dresses! :)

Numina
03-02-2009, 09:40 AM
Welcome to March, everyone! Hope you folks in the Northeast are staying warm and dry....

Nicole: Welcome to your new decade, too! Into the 230's, eh --- you are really shrinking! Congratulations! And it does sound like organization is crucial to you staying OP at work. I feel guilty sometimes because being a stay-at-home Mom makes my eating, etc. so much easier --- I have NO excuses for not eating well! Your former boyfriend must have been pretty special for you to remember him so fondly. Hope your day is going well down under, Nicole.

Fractal: Isn't red wine supposed to be good for you in a lot of ways? And it does sound like you can use a little stress-relief. Are you heading to the UK for business or pleasure? A short trip or more of a permanent move? Good luck with the airline foods and I hope those storms back by Boston don't mess you up.

I had a good weekend and actually stayed on plan, even getting in to the rec center to do my treadmill walking. I have been avoiding this for the last 2 weeks, but today is the day I start a free weight routine at home -- today will be the upper body section. Eeek!

B: oatmeal, almonds, maybe yogurt
S: grapefruit
L: salad with tuna, apple
S: popcorn if I am snacky
D: darn good question! probably some kind of chicken

Let's get a strong start to this new month! Every good choice we make, every minute we push our bodies --- it all brings us closer to that healthy and vibrant woman we know we can be. I want to get close enough to shake that woman's hand! Have a good Monday!

Schmoodle
03-02-2009, 11:08 AM
Hi chicks! Prodigal Schmoodle back again! It was a very busy week last week and eating was atrocious. Time to stop this snowball from rolling downhill any farther. My jeans are getting tight and I worked too hard to get into these 14s - no way I am going back to 16s again. Hello schmoodle, it's for you, this is your wake up call! I am determined to take 5 lbs off in March, even if it means I have to ...gasp... exercise. Okay, here's today:

B: taco bake, coffee with milk
S: mozzarella cheese stick, V8
L: roasted brussels sprouts, hard boiled egg, celery with hummus
S: skim latte, bean brownie
D: Beef stew, roasted asparagus
S: NSA fudgesicle

I hope everyone has been doing well lately. I'll catch up when I get a chance but I have been thinking about you all and did pop in a few times to read, although posting my food seemed a little ridiculous.
BeverlyJoy, hope you are feeling better (physically and emotionally). I read about your husband's job. I am so sorry. I hope this won't be too much of a hardship for the two of you. It's got to be hard on him when he's been with the company for so long.
Hi numina, your menu looks really yummy!
Hi fractal, is the UK trip a vacation, or something else? I have a glass of red wine or two once a week. It's part of my plan (a nice part).
nicolen, congrats on making your February goal! Good job chick!
Big hello to Rhonda, Lyn, mj, mug, redflame, cfmama, Lottie, and anyone else that stops by!

Snow day here for everyone but me. Kids are home, DH couldn't make it to Baltimore so he turned around and is home for the day. When you telecommute, there is no such thing as a snow day! This will be a busy week, as I've got meetings Thursday and Friday so those will be commuter days, and a trip the beginning of next week to Charleston SC.

GirlyGirlSebas
03-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Hiya Friends.

I can't believe it's March already. Time is going by too quickly and I've not accomplished anything in weight loss or getting healthy this year. I've fallen back into the sugar/refined carb binges and I'm finding myself fighting the depression again. This is a horrible cycle and I'm fighting to find my way back out again. One day I will realize that I'm addicted and I can't eat this junk.

Starting today, I've decided to get on the treadmill every day whether I've eaten on-plan or not. In the past, I rarely exercised and I definitely never exercised when I was off-plan. I'm hoping that exercising will make me less likely to eat off-plan.

Have a great on-plan day.

Numina
03-02-2009, 12:10 PM
Hey, Schmoodle --- good to see your shining face around here this morning. (It's a pretty grey day here and I am depending on you guys to bring some color back into the world.) I just wanted to say: SIZE 14'S ?? Oh, baby! you DEFINITELY have to get back in charge so you can keeping wearing such a wonderful number!

Enjoy your snow day. Try to find a few minutes to line out what you need to do for the week, since it sounds like things are going to ramp UP as far as chaos goes.

MugCanDoIt
03-02-2009, 12:20 PM
posted this in last weeks thread....ooops...so here it is in this weeks......

Feeling really lousy. Not losing. On period. Fought all weekend with hubby. Binged yesterday for the first time in a long time.

Today I will:

go walking at lunchtime

Breakfast
egg & cheese muffin

snack
10 almonds

lunch
subway again--I think I'll puke if I have to eat this much longer

Snack
10 almonds

Supper
Who the heck knows. I have fresh green beans, cauliflaur.

I sure hope this week lets me lose some weight cause Im starting to get really angry and thats not a good sign...........

Numina
03-02-2009, 12:23 PM
Hey there, Rhonda! :hug:

Sounds like the nasty fat pounds are ganging up on you! They are undermining your confidence and edging you towards that hopeless feeling that comes over all of us at various times during this fight, maybe even toward giving up.

HA! They don't know you very well, do they?

Making an absolute appointment with your treadmill every day is probably the best immediate course of action I can think of. It will rev up your metabolism some, give you something very tangible that you can do to fight back and -- best of all --- exercise like that will elevate your mood along with your heart rate. I have been avoiding going to the rec center all morning myself, so why don't you and I just do this together today?

So, got your walking shoes on? Have a water bottle filled, chilled and handy? Got some move-it-out music to get those toes twinkling? Then lets do this thing!

Watch out, March Munchies and Fat Enfeeblers --- we are large and in charge!

:running:

Beverlyjoy
03-02-2009, 12:33 PM
Hi chicks...I had a wonderful weekend with our kids here and celebrating our GS 2nd birthday. :D:D

Today - DH is starting his new job of finding a new job! He's a positive person and I am hoping he can find something he likes in a reasonable amount of time.

For today:

office work
heat/ice
stretches and strengthening
lots of water
meditation
PMA

b - egg white scramble, hash brown, ketchup, sf applesauce
l - cheese toast, salad
s - apple and pnb
d - grilled chicken, tossed salad, corn
s - cereal, milk, fruit

Mug - hope you feel better.:hug:

Schmoodle - congrats on being in the size 14's . I know you can do this and get back into the swing of your healthy eating routine. :)Thanks for your kind wishes for DH's job. This is a scary thing.

Rhonda - sorry to hear that you are fighting depression. :hug:Sometimes I think it often goes hand in hand with weight issues and lots of carbs. At least it does for me. I am glad you posted. You are not alone in this my friend.

Numina - I LOVE your attitude - :D:Dyes, we need to be the beautiful ladies we CAN be. Thanks for that reminder!

Fractal - feel better and good luck on your trip! :)

Hi Nicolen - so glad you started us out for the month!! :D Have a GREAT day - despite thinking of your friend that passed so long ago.

MJ - Hope you are doing well! :)

Everyone...........have a good OP day.

mj5
03-02-2009, 01:18 PM
Hi everyone! I maintained AGAIN this week...don't get me wrong, that's much better than gaining, but I want to do more than maintain!!! Oh, well, I will keep at it! I do know I ate too much sodium and didn't get enough water, so that's part of the problem. Plus TOM is lurking, so that doesn't help either.

nicolen--Congrats on getting below 240!!! Great job! Sorry to hear that it's a sad day for you. Always sad to hear about someone so young.

fractal--I maintained this week too...better than a gain!

numina--Great job this weekend!!!! Thanks for the pep talk, I needed that! Also for the reminder...I need to go fill up my water bottle!

Schmoodle--Yippee, you are back! I know you can do it!

Rhonda--Welcome back! I'm w/ you....I tend to eat better when I am exercising b/c I don't want to "waste" my workout...

Mug--Good for you for getting right back on track. Sorry you had a rough weekend.

Beverlyjoy--So glad you had a wonderful weekend! Good luck to your dh!!!

The mani/pedi was wonderful! I even had a gift certificate, so it was even better!!! LOL! I am getting my hair cut on Wednesday, so I will feel (and look) like a new woman!

I need to eat my lunch and then get some serious work done! Have a great OP day everyone!!!!

Redflame
03-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Hey girls, work is crazy busy, it is 3pm and my first chance to kick back for a few minutes
I managed to take off 2 pounds last week, that was after THREE weeks of nothingness! :mad: at that rate I would only take off about 75 pounds in a year........wait 75 pounds in a year really is not that bad at all...I change my mind, I would be happy with that
Crap, I would be happy if my big toe shrunk at this point!

Today:
2 pkg ocean Spray Cranberry Pomegranate Instant Oatmeal :o Yum!
and banana
Lunch, left over whole grain pasta with tons of veggies and some white beans
Snack, 22 almonds (as we speak)
Dinner, black bean sweet potato curry soup, romaine salad with chicken breast

All of you sound anxious for spring...ever notice as spring approaches people seem a little more hopeful, even when things are really crappy...

Hang in there, the daffodils and sun shine is right around the corner (35 degrees farenheight here today!)

lottie63
03-03-2009, 01:29 AM
nicolen, it's a memoir, 65,000 words, rough draft is finished.

:)

nicolen
03-03-2009, 02:17 AM
Hey guys,

Well, I'm beginning to think I'm fated not to get salmon when I order groceries online. Yeah, guess what they forgot again. I've emailled them and I'm waiting on a response. I do love the convenience and until the last couple of orders I've never had a problem with them, but I'm just getting a bit annoyed...

Thanks everyone for all your thoughts on my first boyfriend. It's a strange place to be - I think your first boyfriend/girlfriend always has a special memory, but for me it's quite odd. I wonder how often I'd think about him if this hadn't happened, but obviously that's one of those things I'll never know...

Anyway, I got to the gym today and had a hard cardio workout. Work was pretty quiet, and I've got next Monday off, yay! Just need to get through the next few days, including phones tomorrow. Oh, joy!

Fractal, sounds like everything's a bit stressful for you. Hang in there!

Numina, go you with the walking and the weights! Awesome stuff!

Schmoodle, good to see you back! Sounds like you've got a busy week planned!

Rhonda, I'm sure exercise will be a great help!

Mug, sounds like you had a rough few days. Hopefully things will get better for you.

Beverly, that sounds like a wonderful way to spend the weekend. Still sending positive thoughts for your DH's job search.

MJ, sounds like once that sodium and TOM work through you're going to get a fantasic loss! I don't need to tell you to drink lots of water, do I? ;)

Red, yay for a loss. Our bodies do such strange things, don't they?

Lottie, 65,000 words! That's phenomenal! My best effort is around 45,000 words and I'm around halfway through. It's not really a priority at the moment, but maybe over the winter I'll get back to it.

So the menu today was:

B - porridge with dried apricots. Did you know you can cook porridge in the slow cooker overnight and it tastes wonderful? I didn't till this morning. Guess what I'm going to be cooking a lot of.

S - yoghurt

S - muesli bar

L - chicken salad sandwich, 2 plums

D - scrambled eggs on toast.

Definitely need to up the vegies there.

Have fun, everyone!

Schmoodle
03-03-2009, 08:50 AM
Hello chicks, just a routine day around here, except the kids are back in school, but only for half a day. I've got telecons up the wazoo and DD's parent teacher conference this afternoon. Dinner is going in the crockpot and laundry is in the wash, so I feel like I'm ready for the day. DH's alarm woke me at 5:30 this morning - he must have hit the snooze before he hit the shower. Maybe I should get up that early every day... nah.
Here's the plan:
B: refried beans, salsa, cheese, coffee with milk
S: V8 and celery with hummus
L: roaster brussels sprouts and egg salad
S: skim latte and bean brownie
D: beef stew and roasted asparagus

congrats on your 2 lbs redflame!
Numina, thanks for the pep talk. I've been feeling like such a failure lately, that I think I lost my perspective. Two years ago I would've killed to be in size 14 jeans (even tight ones). Maybe I'm not such a failure after all!

mj5
03-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Silly me, I made the mistake of trying on a pair of jeans that are snug w/ out being bloated...yea they don't fit right now....did NOT put me in a good mood last night! I LOVE these jeans...in fact, I love them so much, I have two pair exactly the same, can't squeeze into either one of them. Plan for today is LOTS of water and to really pay attention to what I am eating. I WILL fit back into those jeans sooner or later (hopefully sooner!)...besides, I have some a size smaller just waiting....I found them on a super bargain, and just couldn't resist!

I will catch up w/ everyone later, just don't have time at the moment.

Have a great OP day!

Yes, my water bottle is full, but not for long!

lottie63
03-03-2009, 01:31 PM
'ello ladies, just stopping in real quick to say hello!

tdp is down right now. Oh my. :(

I'm FINALLY in the 250's after a week with no loss. 259 but it's still 25something right!? :D

nicolen, it'll probably be around 70-75 by the time the rewrite is done. That's the plan anyhow. I can't write in the winter, heh. I MUST write when it's nice out though. dunno why! It's so motivating for me.

mj, CHUG CHUG CHUG! ;)

mj5
03-03-2009, 04:31 PM
Hi again! Hope everyone is doing well. It's still freezing cold, but the sun is out, that always helps.

Redflame--Hope things settle down to an 'ok' leve for you soon. Mmm, cranberry pom. oatmeal sounds yummy! I may have to look for that! CONGRATS on 2lbs!

lottie--Wow, keep at it!!! Thanks...almost time to refill the water bottle! :)

nicolen--Oh no...that's stinks! Hope they took care of the salmon situation! I have Monday off too...just needed an extra day!

Schmoodle--Super busy at your house!!! That's about the time I do get up every day! (or at least I try to get up, I don't always make it! LOL!)

My knee is sore again today, I am really sick of this. I did get a notice that I have a workers comp hearing in a couple weeks. I have to meet w/ my lawyer next week to talk about it. I don't think it has anything to do w/ the surgery (just which 'fund' pays for stuff), but HOPEFULLY it will help speed things along...I'll mention the surgery to him and see what he can do, for sure!

Redflame
03-03-2009, 05:41 PM
Blicky mood today (personal combo word of Blah and Icky) boarderline pissey actually! lol

Had oatmeal again at work, but forgot to pack anything for lunch, that's snot good........nope that was not a typo, that is my 16 yr old son's favorite saying just to rile me up!

B oat meal
L almonds and water
D turkey meatballs, pasta, on the go probably
S dunno

Son just took chicken out, so maybe I will prepare some late tonight so I have some for work, I love me some salad with roasted chicken breast

New favorite salad dressing, low fat sour cream, lite mayo, ketchup, garlic powder and BBQ sauce.......does not take much BBQ, tastes alot like the Red Robin suace they have for the onion rings......not that I would ever eat those vile, calorie laden, grease dripping rings........ohhh man they sound good right now!

MugCanDoIt
03-03-2009, 09:57 PM
Tonight I had this for supper:

It was super filling, the plate felt super heavy, and it was all around 450 calories,or somewhere close to that.

3 cups roasted cauliflour
1/2 cup pinto beans
2/3 bag of fresh spinach, cooked
1 1/2 cups cottage cheese

Just thought I'd share.

nicolen
03-04-2009, 02:52 AM
Hi everyone!

How goes it?

I had a good day today - Wednesday, so no gym and I stayed in bed till the almost stupid time of 5:30. Slightly better than the ludicrous o'clock that I usually get up. I am becoming more of a morning person, though. Anyway, I ended up being late to work - the bus broke down halfway between the bus exchange and work. I could've walked, but I would've been even later. So I've got 15 minutes to make up tomorrow. Yay!

And you'll all be pleased to know the salmon turned up. They gave it to someone else. They offered to drop it in tonight, but I've been out, then tomorrow morning, but I'll be at work. If it's the same piece of salmon, I'd really rather not have it - my tummy's dodgy enough anyway, without taking those kinds of risks.

And today's client of the day was a lovely old man who's been insured with us since he got married in 1950 and when I asked him about his driving history he told me about the speeding ticket he got the day the Wahine sunk - that was on April 10 1968!

I had dinner with a friend - lovely meal. I'm going to post a new thread about the conversation we had around weight and how others perceive our weight and I'd be interested in hearing anyone else's views. It was quite a fascinating conversation.

Tomorrow - early at the gym and that's really about it.

Schmoodle, sounds like another busy day for you! At least the kids are back in school for half the day, right?

MJ, those jeans will be fitting you before you know it? What have you got planned for your day off?

Lottie, yay for the 250's! Good luck with all the rewrites!

Redflame, I love that word! I must find a way to use it!

Mug, that sounds like a fantastic dinner!

So the menu today was:

B - porridge with dried apricots

S - muesli bar

L - chicken teriyaki

S - apple

D - chicken filo and salad (so yummy!)

Have fun guys!

Beverlyjoy
03-04-2009, 07:52 AM
Hi Chickies....I've decided - no pouting today. :D It won't change a thing in my world. I will make this a good day - despite challenging things surrounding me.

My Aunt called last night and asked to take us out for dinner for my bday. We actually celebrated last weekend with my GS. I actually forgot that today is the day until I went to a meeting and someone mentioned the date. (Is that a sign of old age????) Whatever - I will keep smiling today! :)

HI nicolen - sounds like things are going well for you. Hmmm - porridge with apricots sounds so good.:)

Hi Mug - Have a great day!:D

redflame - love the word - blicky. Sorry your feeling that way! :hug: Take care.

mj - sorry your knee is hurting. :hug:Ice ice - and hang in there. Hopefully - they'll get the hearing and all the BS taken care of soon! :dizzy:

Lottie - hooray for the 250's. YAY!! :carrot::carrot:

Schmoodle - I always love to see you and your menu. Hmmm- egg salad sounds good. You are definately NOT a failure, friend. :D:hug::D

Have a great day folks!!!!

Schmoodle
03-04-2009, 09:08 AM
Good morning chicks, my friend is having her cancer surgery today, so my mind is very much on that. She'll have her kidney and spleen removed and then I guess they'll have a better idea of the extent of things. Hopefully she will be home in a few days, this is really hard on her kids, ya know?

I had a totally on-plan Ph1 day yesterday, and that makes two. Here's for 3:
B: chocolate cheesecake smoothie, coffee with milk
S: turkey bacon, V8, hard boiled egg
L: refried beans with salsa and cheese, along with whatever veggies I can scrape up.
S: skim latte, bean brownie
D: shrimp fried "rice" (may have to swap this out, as I'm not sure I have all the ingreds)

Have a wonderful day BeverlyJoy. I don't know if it's a sign of old age but I try to ignore my birthdays.
nicolen, glad your salmon turned up (tee-hee), but you are probably wise not to eat it.
Wow mug, that's a lot of food for 450 calories!
redflame, your salad dressing recipe sounds really yummy.
Don't worry mj, you will be into those jeans before you know it! I hope things start moving with your surgery.
lottie, a new decade is so exciting! Congratulations!:carrot:

mj5
03-04-2009, 10:32 AM
Good Morning! Why is it that on the day of a hair appt, you hair always comes out "perfect"???? I have been 'fighting' w/ my hair for so long (which I know better...I just can't fight the curl, I have to just go w/ it!). Anyway, today is the day! I am really excited and a little nervous! My dh was funny, he was playing w/ it last night--it's about 1/2 way down my back and it will be above my shoulders by tonight!

Redflame--Hope you are feeling better today!

mug--I LOVE roasted cauliflower! I usually roast broccoli and cauliflower together w/ lots of garlic...YUM!

nicolen--I am becoming more of a morning person too...even on the weekends, one of our dogs (I call her the 'fuzzy alarm clock'), wakes up about 6am. The other one will sleep a lot longer, but I am usually the one to get up and take them out. Occassionally we go back to bed, but once they are up, they want to eat and by then I'm awake, so I stay up. Thanks, I know they will fit SOON! I am thinking about hanging them up so I see them all the time...as inspiration.

Beverlyjoy--Happy Birthday! Absolutely no pouting, especially on your bday! LOL! I hope you have a graet dinner! I hope you are right...I am really sick of this...sick of dealing w/ it, sick of complaining about it...you know the drill!

Schmoodle--I'll have your friend and her family in my thoughts today. Thanks! I WILL be back into those jeans soon!

No plans yet for the long weekend. Dh's schedule keeps getting changed, which is fine. I know we need to do our taxes (not exactly a fun activity!) It is going to be in the 50's this weekend, so definitely some walks w/ the dogs...they SO want to get outside, but its been way too cold. It will be good for all of us. I'd like to do some cooking too. I am realizing that I am relying on too many quick dinners or pre-packaged items not for the whole meal, but for more than I would like.

Have a great OP day everyone. Drink that water!!!! It certainly helped me yesterday! I saw a slight drop in the scale this am!!!!!! YIPPEE!

nicolen
03-05-2009, 01:56 AM
Hey everyone!

Yay today is over. I had the most unproductive day at work I think I've ever had, thanks to a complaint call I got first thing. Seriously, I don't know how to resolve this guys issue - we've done absolutely nothing wrong, but yeah, he's just not going to be happy with anything I come up with. It revolves around a TV and how his new TV isn't top of the line and his old one was. Reality is with TVs, the technology has changed so much in the last few years, that a top of the line model then is actually not anywhere near as good as even the most basic models that are on the market today. Added to that, we've had to supply a different brand because the company who made his old TV have pulled out of the NZ market.

Anyway at least I had a good workout. Spoke with the yummy new trainer and we've got a session first thing tomorrow morning to touch base, so it'll be interesting to see how things go there.

Beverly, hope you had a fantastic birthday and best wishes for the coming year!

Schmoodle, sending happy thoughts to your friend. Go you with the OP days - you'll be rivalling Tammy soon!

MJ, how did the haircut go? Do we get to see pictures?

Shout outs to the lurkers and everyone else!

The menu today was:

B - porridge with dried apricots

S - blueberries

S - yoghurt

L - salad roll, muesli bar

D - steak, mushrooms, kumara chips, salad.

Have a fantastic Thursday!

mj5
03-05-2009, 06:53 AM
Good Morning!

nicolen--Days like that are SO frustrating!!! Exactly, at least you were able to get in a good workout! Let us know how it goes w/ the new trainer.

I LOVE my haircut!!!! Not only did I go w/ as short as the picture, but he did the the same color too...chocolate brown w/ some red. It looks really good! I love my hair stylist, he is really funny! I showed him the picture and he got all excited! I really think it looks more professional too. I love my long hair, but honestly, I'm not sure I'll grow it out again for a while.

I will get a pic one here, as soon as I have someone take one. I didn't take one last night b/c he blew it out straight just to show me how and what it would look like. I probably won't do that very often, but I did like it. It look me years to learn to like the curl, so I tend to leave it curly...honestly, it's much easier to do that!

Have a great OP day, I'm sure I'll be around later!

Beverlyjoy
03-05-2009, 07:41 AM
Hi chicks....I had a nice bday yesterday. Lot's of greetings, emails, phone calls - it felt so good!

We were to go out with my aunt - but, she wasn't feeling well, So, DH and I had a coupon for an Italian restaurant. We got one dinner free. I had grilled salmon on pasta with a red pepper sauce. It was very good.

MJ - I am so glad you love your new hair cut!!! That's wonderful.

Nicolen - glad you had a good workout. Sorry to hear about your ucky day. Makes you appreciate the good ones, I guess.

Schmoodle - I hope your friend comes thru the surgery well and moves toward a recovery. I know this is a worry for you.

Have a GREAT day everyone.

MugCanDoIt
03-05-2009, 10:34 AM
Uh Oh.....Im kind of in a food rut. I didnt bring my lunch to work because there wasnt anything. So that means subway for lunch, which takes time for me to go get it instead of just going walking on my lunch hour. Thats a no no cause Im on a roll with having walked for 3 days in a row at lunchtime. I think I can still swing it.

Dont know what to have for supper, I am flat out of ideas. Dont you hate it when your mind just goes blank on what to fix? I guess thats where Rockin Robin always says to plan, plan, plan and never be caught off guard.

Guess I'll be pondering what to fix tonight during work today. Sigh...........

Redflame
03-05-2009, 05:40 PM
eekkkk days are getting away from me!

Today
B 2 pkts Ocean Spray cran/orange oatmeal
L can of healthy request chic noodle soup (it was YUK) I added fresh spinach and then had to add salt and pepper to make it doable, roast beef and pepperjack sammich, slice cucumbers
D---I think I will still be full! but maybe cereal, have a busy evening tonight

mj5
03-06-2009, 09:56 AM
Hi everyone! I only have a minute...totally forgot about a training today that I need to be at soon...Oopsie!

I have a couple of pics of the new 'do to post as soon as I figure out how to do that....I think I saw some 'how to post a picture' instructions somewhere on here, so I'll make sure I do that this weekend.

Have a great OP day everyone!!!!

Beverlyjoy
03-06-2009, 10:36 AM
Hi friends...quick hello. Yesterday was a better day.

I'll check back later.

Have GREAT day!

MugCanDoIt
03-06-2009, 10:41 AM
I think I actually got really close to my calories last night for the first time in a while. thats a plus.

Today:

B
egg & cheese muffin

S
15 Almonds

Lunch
Frigging Subway again. I get so sick of it but I cant eat anything else cause of carbs and meat in it!!!

Snack
Almonds again....must get more snack ideas for work

Supper
Dont know, must go to store

Snack
probaly yogurt & pb sandwich?

I feel my clothes getting looser, woo hoo!

Snack

GirlyGirlSebas
03-06-2009, 01:10 PM
Hi Friends.

MJ - I can't wait to see pics.

So, despite feeling like crud for the last month, I'm not sick afterall. My allergies are flaring up! I have meds and will start medicating today. Hopefully, I'll be feeling better soon.

Last night, I did some research on the body fat percentage accuracy for my Tanita scales. I was happy to find out that the scales are rated highly for accuracy. Their rating is -/+ 5 percent accuracy which is equivalent to the high priced tests at research centers and hospitals. And, studies show that the numbers stay pretty consistent for weekly measurements provided you follow some simple guidelines....measuring later in the day, after voiding, before eating and not right after exercising or showering. So, I've decided to focus more on the body fat % and trying to make that number go down. I've been at the same number for almost 2 years.....50%. Every once in a while, I'll see a 49 or a 51, but not often. My goal is to see 30%. So, bring on the fat burning suggestions.....HIIT, weight lifting, MUFA's, 8 hours sleep....am I missing anything?

Have a great on-plan day.

Schmoodle
03-06-2009, 02:58 PM
Good AFTERNOON chicks, and Happy Friday. No, I did not pull another disappearing act because I was off-plan, but Wednesday afternoon I started feeling very unwell, and ended up going to bed early with a fever and sore throat. Yesterday was a commuter day and I had meetings all day, so very tired by the time I got home so it was feed kids, help with homework and early bed again. I slept well and am feeling better today. Food has been okay. I have not been overeating and have not eaten any off-plan foods, but I have no appetite. Even though I get hungry, nothing appeals to me. For dinner last night I ended up eating a piece of cheese, some ww breadsticks with hummus and a NSA pudding cup. No veggies, very naughty. I am counting them as on-plan days even though I did not stick exactly to plan, but it was a matter of not enough, not too much.

We are supposed to have fabulous weather this weekend so I plan to re-establish my walking routine, and hopefully that will help pull me out of my funk and help me to get some energy back.

My friend came through her surgery well, and they did not find any signs of cancer other than the small tumor they had seen on the scan, so that is a relief.

I made the most awesome dinner the other night, shrimp fried "rice" from the SB recipes forum, with shredded cauliflower in place of the rice. I don't usually like substitute recipes - you know eating mashed cauliflower is not ever going to be just like eating mashed potatoes, although I like mashed cauli on its own merits - does that make any sense? Anyway, the cauli was a great sub for the rice in this recipe. It really wasn't too different from eating shrimp fried rice with some cauli mixed in - anyway, that recipe's a keeper.

Anyhoo, today I've had
B: coffee, 3 turkey bacon strips
S: yogurt smoothie
L: leftover shrimp fried "rice", NSA fudgesicles

And for the rest of the day
S: latte
D: cream of asparagus soup, tossed salad,
S: yogurt with agave nectar and slivered almonds

Gotta start thinking about the weekend ahead, hope you've got a great one planned.

nicolen
03-07-2009, 02:38 AM
Hey everyone!

Didn't check in yesterday - we ended up going to the pub after work last night and while I didn't have any alcohol, I did nibble at the fish and chips that were bought. It was blue cod, my favourite fish and it was yummy. Not the best choice, obviously, but that's life. I'm not putting my social life on hold while I lose this weight - better to try and make good choices 90% of the time and occasional bad choices. As long as they don't become more than the occasional bad choice, then I should be fine.

Anyway, the session with yummy new trainer went quite well. It wasn't as good as with Sarah, my old trainer, but we just clicked straight away and I can't expect that to happen. As well as being really yummy, he's a really nice guy, so now I know he's either taken or gay! ;) Not that I'm looking for a man at the moment. I'll give it a few weeks and see how things go. There's no shame in figuring out that we're not quite a good fit.

Sorry, no time for personals or any major catch ups tonight - I'm heading out in a couple of minutes, but thought I'd better check in. I'll do better tomorrow.

mj5
03-07-2009, 09:00 AM
Good Morning! Ok, I have a picture up, but let me explain.....my 'wonderful' brother took it w/ my cell phone and felt the need to use the zoom function of the camera! LOL! So, not a great pic, but you can at least get the idea of what my hair looks like. It was past my shoulders, so this is a BIG change! I LOVE it!!! My dh has even told me that I look younger :)

Mug--Great job, keep it up! Feeling your clothes getting looser is a GREAT feeling!

Rhonda--So glad that you are going to start feeling better! Our weather has been odd...cold and snowy, then warm and rainy....I had a bad sinus headache yesterday. Yuck! I like your plan to focus on body fat %.

Schmoodle--Hope you continue to feel better! It's going to be nice here too...plan on getting the dogs outside for nice long walks! Great news about your friend! Keeping her and her family in my thoughts.

nicolen--Great job yesterday! Exactly...I have found that if I feel like I am depriving myself, I end up making way worse choices than if I just splurged a little. Hope things go well w/ the new trainer!

Hope everyone has a great OP day! My plan for exercise includes getting the dogs out for a walk. It will do us all some good to get some fresh air!

nicolen
03-08-2009, 03:24 AM
Hey everyone!

So, it's been a good day today. I went to the movies last night with some friend - seriously, is it just me or are the movies at the moment absolute rubbish? We saw He's Just Not That In To You and I thought it was really average. Would have liked to have seen Slumdog Millionaires or maybe Valkyrie, although the Tom Cruise factor kind of puts me off that one, but the session times didn't work.

Had a quiet day at home today. It's been a hot day, the hottest for a few weeks, but it hasn't been unbearably hot. I haven't really done any exercise, but 1 day off isn't going to hurt me.

I had to have a giggle - my mum is going to Weight Watchers. I offered her all my old Weight Watchers stuff since that's not the plan I'm following, but she wants to get her own. I'll wait and see how long that lasts - all the books, Points guides etc are not cheap, after all. I'm tossing up whether or not to send her a link to 3FC. Maybe I will, maybe I won't

MJ, you look absolutely gorgeous. That's a fantastic photo, especially since it was taken on a phone camera! The hair cut just suits you so much!

So the menu for the day was:

B - fruit salad, yoghurt

S - apple

L - smoked chicken salad

S - vege sticks and tzatziki

D - lamb, kumera, broccoli, pumpkin, cauliflower.

Enjoy your Sunday, ladies. I'm certainly going to enjoy not having to get up at 5am tomorrow! :cool:

mj5
03-08-2009, 10:35 AM
Good Morning! Wow, it's been quiet this weekend, hope everyone is out enjoying the warmer weather!

nicolen--I am going to have a 'lazy' day today w/ dh and the dogs. Yesterday we did lots of stuff--cleaning, taxes, recycling center, bills....today I want to just chill out a bit. I agree...everyone needs a rest day once in a while! Thanks! I really love it....I think it looks more professional too--and I am *hoping* to get a promotion (it will be a while....we are making some changes and restructuring--that kind of stuff). I'll try and find a 'before' picture too. We were laughing at work the other day at my work id picutre...it was taken 86lbs ago and w/ long hair. I was telling my friend in HR that I hope I never have to actually use the pic for anything...it seriously looks nothing like me now! She offered to re-take it, but I want to wait until I am at goal (you can only have it re-done if you pay for it....she offered to do it for me, but I don't want to do it now and then have to pay for it later).

Oh, I finally bought some greek yogurt! I am going to try it today as a snack.

TOM is here, finally, and I am so bloated and icky feeling. I am staying far, far away from the scale! Yesterday I didn't drink much water, so today I will make sure I drink lots.

Have a great OP day everyone!!!