Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-01-2009, 05:50 PM   #1  
To be healthy, not skinny

S/C/G: 195/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Default This newbie needs some accountability!

Hey all! So I'm brand spankin' new on this site (which I already LOVE, by the way ) and need some serious accountability help. Without bringing up a ridiculously lame sob-story of my recent social life drama, I could really benefit from having some means of sharing with somebody, ANYBODY, my goals and how well (or not) I'm doing about getting healthy.

I'm not very familiar with the forums and threads yet, so I don't know if there is a good thread already established that might give me what I need. Or, I could just keep posting things here. But anyway, I'd really love and appreciate if somebody or some people could be online APs for me Thanks for being a way to share my future struggles and successes!

emspeechie
emspeechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 201.8/155.2/158

Height: 5 7

Hi,

I have found that all of the boards here are very supportive and helpful. What you might want to do is after you have figured out which approach to getting healthy you are going to try look into that board ( Weight Watcher, LA Weight Loss, Calorie Counting ect) This way you are giving and receiving support from those following the same plan as you. Best of Luck, and congratulations on the first step
cdawnfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/187/150

Height: 5'6"

i'd be happy to help you, what kind of accountability did you have in mind? and tell me a little about your goals and current program...
lobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:22 PM   #4  
ISO my perfect body

Height: 5'7.5"

Hi, Emspeechie! Welcome, you will love this sight! I really enjoy the gals on the Chicks up for a challenge. Also, you can find an age group you belong to in 20-30-40 somethings. When I was new, I did a lot of lurking. Then when you feel inspired, BUTT right in. I have never felt unwelcomed, or unsupported! Sorry about your life being dramatic at the moment. But you have come to the right place to find the help, motivation, and the support to reach your goals! Good luck!
Cher
Lewisempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:11 PM   #5  
To be healthy, not skinny

S/C/G: 195/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for all the quick replies and warm welcomes!

I thought about looking for a particular "group" within this site. BUT: I'm in my early 20s, have PCOS, and am on South Beach...so that is quite a few groups! My guess is that there is a group out there for each of those categories, so I really need to roam around and browse some more.

As for goals, I really don't have anybody to share what I'm going through with, so I'm thinking I'd like to be able to compare notes with people about what is/isn't working for them, and to be able to have people to be honest to when I'm really "not feeling it" (because, frankly, I tend to have those days.)

Thanks again!
emspeechie is offline   Reply With Quote