100 lb. Club - Drama Galore! My GAWD!

View Full Version : Drama Galore! My GAWD!

FB
02-28-2009, 03:02 PM
Sorry, couldn't help myself with the drama bit. I'm being an attention monger and it seemed like an interesting title.

Hey, I did it today. I beat the dismal odds for New Years Resolution people.
I've lost 50.4% of myself!
14 months ago - when I started it was like looking up at an impossible climb, a freaking scary mountain. How could I do that? How long could I go for? Would I make it? I shook those doubts off and started - I KNEW I could do it. And I did. I am.

Wow. Just wow. 14 months, 148.6 pounds GONE. That's more than I weigh right now! Goodness gracious me!

Thanks guys, I did it with your help!
I feel like I'm giving an awards acceptance speech, so I'll also thank:
PUMPING HEAVY IRON (boo-ya!), counting calories (brilliant), Sams Club (surprisingly, it's my source for healthy eats by the bulk - I eat a TON), my bike, my city's bike trails, my personal trainer, my people and every person on here who inspired me.

I feel like queen of the world today!

To top it off, the big boy lifters at one of my gyms yesterday were interviewing my best friend about my routine, supplements and diet. Those big dudes wanted my secrets - said I'm looking amazing. She talked to them for an hour, said they wouldn't leave her alone to her elliptical, they kept going on and on about my physique, that I'm built and I must have secrets. They won't ask me though. :lol:

From 295 pounds to the big boys' hero. Hells yeah.

It's amazing, this whole process. I hope yours is rocking your socks as much as mine does.

Go get 'em!

xJox
02-28-2009, 03:06 PM
Thats so fantastic. What a milestone. You have the right to feel proud. Congrats.

Woserit
02-28-2009, 03:18 PM
Congratulations! What an accomplishment.

Rosinante
02-28-2009, 03:22 PM
O
M
G
!!!!!

That is absolutely amazing! Well done!
You're a real inspiration. 10+lbs a month is such a big ask but you show what determination can do.
Tomorrow I will get off my big er ask, and take some exercise!

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

TwilightMom
02-28-2009, 03:22 PM
What a rockin' story! Perfect timing for me because I'm feeling like a Big Mac and fries. Thanks for sharing and I am SO PROUD OF YOU!

JennyW
02-28-2009, 03:41 PM
:carrot::carrot::carrot: GREAT JOB!!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Jenny :)

P.S. I think an accomplishment like that deserves A LOT of attention!

Thighs Be Gone
02-28-2009, 03:44 PM
You are on top of the world and you should be feeling it girl! Good for you! LOL, those guys are intimidated by you! LOL--heaven, sheer and glorious HEAVEN! High five! Keep up your good work.

Psssss!!! Down here!!

Gimme your secrets and I will tell noone--really!

midwife
02-28-2009, 03:48 PM
Congrats, FB! You are a wonderful inspiration around here, too! Celebrate this day!! :carrot:

cfmama
02-28-2009, 03:52 PM
OMFREAKINGGOD!!!!!!!!

I KNEW this but now I KNOW this!

YOU ARE SUCH AN INSPIRATION!!!!!!!!

I look up to you. You done good. I can't wait for another year when I AM making this post!!!!!!

WildThings
02-28-2009, 03:53 PM
Congratulations! That's an amazing accomplishment. And there is nothing like proving wrong the elusive "them" that says most people don't stick to resolutions.

time2lose
02-28-2009, 03:56 PM
WOW!!! That is fantastic!! What an inspiration!

I want to see pictures!

:cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp:

evilwomaniamshe
02-28-2009, 04:02 PM
What an accomplishment!!!!!

FB = "Female Bombshell" CONGRATS to ya!

heather88
02-28-2009, 04:03 PM
I want to see pictures!
I second that. Your bod must be rockin'! Such an inspiration.

saef
02-28-2009, 04:21 PM
One of the queen of the world's subjects curtsies respectfully to her.

I wish I could send you a virtual certificate or diploma tied with a satin ribbon or some outward acknowledgment of accomplishing something that everyone here knows is as grueling & time-consuming & intellectually demanding as completing a college-level course of study. What you've done, IMHO, is the equivalent of earning a degree.

I don't want to sound like those guys at the gym but tell us ... what's a typical shopping day at Sam's Club look like for you? What's in your cart? That part of your post intrigues me. (I don't have a Sam's Club near me but I believe my mother in Upstate NY is a member, and I may be able to stock up during my next visit to her.)

Merksie
02-28-2009, 04:26 PM
:bravo: for losing more than half of yourself!

Thanks for sharing - you provide some serious inspiration to us squishy gals round here :)

ferretgirl
02-28-2009, 04:28 PM
Wow! CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's a real achievement. I bet all your family and friends are proud. Definitely pamper and treat yourself as a reward... you've earned a celebration :D Congrats!!

CeCeLee
02-28-2009, 04:56 PM
Wow! You are such an inspiration!!! Congratulations!!!

luvja
02-28-2009, 04:59 PM
Yay!!!!!!!! :congrat:
Simply amazing!

FB
02-28-2009, 04:59 PM
Yay! Thanks everyone, you are all each so fabulous! I knew you'd all understand my drama!

I don't want to sound like those guys at the gym but tell us ... what's a typical shopping day at Sam's Club look like for you? What's in your cart? That part of your post intrigues me. (I don't have a Sam's Club near me but I believe my mother in Upstate NY is a member, and I may be able to stock up during my next visit to her.)

From what I understand, Costco is much the same as Sams, do you have one of those nearby?

First, to warn you on the food - I eat to serve my purposes, which is to build a lean and mean body and fuel it. I sort of devised my menu looking at what the bodybuilders at my gym eat and by reading the Superfoods book. I eat every 2-3 hours.

I don't eat a ton of variety or have complicated menus. I DO eat with my family (of 2, son and husband) but I often don't eat the same things. I eat chicken breasts for breakfast. :lol:

So, for the cart (tonight's list, for a week). Keep in mind these are all restaurant sized purchases for a single girl:

Fresh spinach
Fresh broccoli florets
Huge thing of almonds
Sweet grape tomatoes, 3#
120 eggs (I eat lotsa egg whites :lol:)
Plain yogurt - 10#
Cottage cheese - 5#
Boneless, skinless chicken breast - 10-12# (I usually run out and buy more end week)
Some kind of lean steak, 2-3#
Frozen salmon burgers or individual turkey tenderloins
Albacore Tuna - 8 cans
Da Vinci Sugar Free syrup (to flavor yogurt and espressos)
Sugar free jellos
Sometimes cheese - it depends. It's sold in such a big amount I don't need to buy it every week.

That's for the bulk shopping. The little things I get at a regular grocery store - but I find with the crazy amount of food I eat that bulk shopping is more affordable, by far. My husband says I eat more than a teenage boy - eating him out of house and home. It's really lovely to eat so much, truly enjoy the food and to lose weight because of it.

DCHound
02-28-2009, 05:48 PM
Wow wow wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are such an inspiration!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man I wish you would become my personal trainer.

My shopping cart at Costco is basically yours exactly, minus the more-carby stuff (I don't let myself have stuff like almonds, tomatoes, yogurt, cheese, Da Vinci Sugar Free syrup, Sugar free jellos).

I remember one of your older pics (going for the Linda Hamilton arms) and you look FANTASTIC ~ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

evillynn33
02-28-2009, 06:19 PM
CONGRATS!!!! :carrot: :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Thighs Be Gone
02-28-2009, 07:09 PM
That's for the bulk shopping. The little things I get at a regular grocery store -.

Well fess up, what do you buy at the regular store? :) I am dying to see that list too!

Everything on your Sam's list are my faves too--and make up the bulk of my own diet except I don't eat red meat. In fact, most everything on your list I eat daily. I use Starbucks sugar-free syrup, however in the 1-liter pump. ($7) I want to know more about the salmon burgers you found there. We eat salmon at least once a week (if not more) and usually in patty form. What are the calorie content in them and what are the ingredients? If you would just post the brand name of them I can research myself. Thanks a million for being such an inspiration.

rockinrobin
02-28-2009, 08:17 PM
You are amazing. You are awesome.

You are FIT and SLENDER!!! You are FIT and SLENDER!!! You are FIT and SLENDER!!!

Congratulations on a job VERY WELL done!!!!

:bravo::cp::cp::bravo:

TJFitnessDiva
02-28-2009, 08:19 PM
You are a ROCKSTAR!!! OMG girlie that is an awesome accomplishment :) You have been an inspiration to me since I started on this site....:lol: I love the subject line btw

sabriena
02-28-2009, 08:28 PM
Wow! 14 months and 148 pounds gone?! That is amazing and awesome and very inspiring! Good job!

H8cake
02-28-2009, 08:31 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!! You deserve some diva time! Awesome accomplishment!!!

inspired by you
02-28-2009, 08:41 PM
Way to go! You are so friggin awesome! I think its GREAT that those guys are looking to you for inspiration. We've been doing it for a while. What took them so long? You go girl!

DishyFishy
02-28-2009, 09:11 PM
What a fantastic achievement! :cheer2: That's something seriously wonderful you've done for yourself.

It's interesting that your list contains most of the foods I buy too, apart from the burgers, yoghurt, and cottage cheese. I wish I could get to a Costco—I'd save a fortune—but I'm lucky to have a farmers' market close by that's choc full of organic, grass-fed meats and free-range eggs; not to mention awesome seasonal veggies. :T

It's encouraging to know that if I stick with my WOE I could be where you are next year. :halffull:

Congrats again! :woohoo:

crazycurls
02-28-2009, 09:15 PM
Congrats!

harrismm
02-28-2009, 09:31 PM
Amazing.How has your life changed since your journey began.......just curious.

Judy Lynn
02-28-2009, 10:50 PM
Congratulations! I am truly inspired. Was there a particular program you were following?

BarbPA
02-28-2009, 10:57 PM
FB! WOOHOO!!! You are are a total Rockstar!!! You are a major source of inspiration and encouragement to me!
:strong: :cp: :strong: :cp:

FB
02-28-2009, 11:13 PM
Oh, thanks so much everyone. You rock! :hug:

Well fess up, what do you buy at the regular store? :) I am dying to see that list too!

Everything on your Sam's list are my faves too--and make up the bulk of my own diet except I don't eat red meat. In fact, most everything on your list I eat daily. I use Starbucks sugar-free syrup, however in the 1-liter pump. ($7) I want to know more about the salmon burgers you found there. We eat salmon at least once a week (if not more) and usually in patty form. What are the calorie content in them and what are the ingredients? If you would just post the brand name of them I can research myself. Thanks a million for being such an inspiration.

The salmon burgers are quite good. I'm not too picky, but they make me happy... here's the nutritional info (http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutrition-calories/food/worldcatch/salmon-burger-patty) from TDP. I don't know if they qualify for super clean eats - the ingredients are:
salmon, water, canola oil, salt, garlic, dehydrated onion, dehydrated garlic, paprika, natural mesquite smoke flavor, natural food coloring, lemon juice concentrate, white pepper.
Here's the Sam's Club link (https://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=373622&pCatg=2474).

In warmer weather I like to BBQ whole huge salmon fillets. OMG, yummo. In cold weather like this I don't mess with fresh, because the fillets I get are way too stinking big for my oven and stink the house up.

For the red meat, I don't eat a ton, I can go months on end without any and then when I get a craving I buy just a bit.

At the regular grocery store I get more fresh veggies, tonight was eggplant, red peppers, onions, garlic, cabbage. I also bought some salsa, shrimp, sardines, herring, low carb tortillas and cream cheese.

Amazing.How has your life changed since your journey began.......just curious.
I'm still the same old me, essentially. But I can cope with stress a lot better with an outlet for it - exercise. So definitely less stressed and hassled. As a business owner I get a ton of stresses! Woo-boy.

I'm happier because the little things aren't hard anymore. I didn't realize how much tying my own shoes or shaving my legs taxed my system until I got the weight off. Those little things add up to a heavy heart at the end of the day, shopping, hurt feet, stairs, yardwork, playing with my son, etc. EVERYTHING is so much easier now, so easy I almost forget how hard things were.

I liked myself before and didn't wallow in self hatred or anything. When people talk, go on and on about how awful I looked or how tired I must have been - that makes me sad. I didn't try to live my life ruled by my weight; I didn't realize it was ruling me until I got it off.

I'm probably more confident and generally happy now. I feel like the way I look reflects how I always felt. I've likely got more confidence, discovering that I'm a strong girl and am capable of almost anything.

Congratulations! I am truly inspired. Was there a particular program you were following?

I sort of modge-podged together a plan. I looked at what the big losers here did, I read the Superfoods book, I scoped out the bodybuilder's diets. I decided to count calories, later on started clearing out bad carbs in order to have more calories for a higher volume of food and began also focusing on lean proteins once I started got into weights.

I also count the 100 Pound Club's Monthly Points Challenge as a big part of my plan. I strive for perfect score days and the weight came off accordingly. For me it is a great motivation.

JulieJ08
02-28-2009, 11:25 PM
Oh wow, I am so excited for you!!! You are such an inspiration. And your story about the big boys at the gym ... I LOVE it. :carrot::D

HVEECK
03-01-2009, 04:02 AM
congratulations!!!!!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

lalique
03-01-2009, 04:11 AM
wooooooooooohoooooooooo!!!!!!!!! :celebrate:

saef
03-01-2009, 07:31 AM
Thanks so much for the Costco/Sam's Club grocery list. I also snack on raw almonds (and walnuts, too, when I can afford 'em) & I hadn't thought of the warehouse stores as a source for them. I've bought my DaVinci sugar-free syrups in the tiny little food sections in our Marshall's/TJ Maxx stores -- I didn't know where else I could find them. I do appreciate your divulging your sources.

Do you feel like a rock star doing interviews with eager reporters? You should. :-)

saef
03-01-2009, 07:33 AM
Whoops -- sorry for double post. 3FC site hung up on me & I thought it wasn't going through. (This site misbehaves for me a lot & I don't know why.)

jamsk8r
03-01-2009, 01:53 PM
FB, congrats on surpassing this goal! :hug:

fiberlover
03-01-2009, 01:56 PM
:bravo:

You deserve every bit of kudos - you have worked amazingly hard!

teahoney
03-01-2009, 02:06 PM
Honey, you are queen of the world today. Congrats to you!!!

valpal23
03-01-2009, 03:56 PM
:cheer2: <---- understatement

seriously though FB way to go. soak it in- you've done this amazing thing for yourself!

Daimere
03-01-2009, 04:24 PM
WAY TO GO. You did an amazing thing!

SnowboundChick
03-02-2009, 01:42 AM
What an amazing accomplishment! Congratulations!

ChocLabLover
03-02-2009, 08:54 AM
What a fantastic accomplishment!!! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-happy036.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org) :whoo:
http://img10.glitterfy.com/graphics/182/congrats_6.gif

Jen415
03-02-2009, 09:48 AM
FB, you sofa king rock! :D This inspires me greatly.

Still waitin' for pics....didn't the paprazzi take any??

FB
03-02-2009, 11:19 AM
Oh, so sorry to disappoint! No paparazzi, no Bentley in the driveway and no pot of gold - the day was anticlimactic really. I wanted to get a shot of the scale and it's glad tidings, but I'm lazy - my home camera battery has been dead for months.

I keep meaning to have my assistant do some shots at my studio - but since I'm the photographer you know I'll nitpick and micromanage the shoot terribly! I would be the worst model ever. No joke.

KimberlyHeidi
03-02-2009, 01:34 PM
Wow Congrats that is amazing.

Sandi
03-02-2009, 05:03 PM
OMG!!! That is so awesome!!! To lose 1/2 of myself is my dream.

I am so incredibly proud of you, there aren't even words.

I hope you know that you are a daily inspiration to me!!

WAY TO GO!!!!!

kittycat40
03-02-2009, 05:32 PM
FB, nice job. :)

river
03-02-2009, 05:45 PM
:balloons:WOW!! Great, amazing, fantastic job!