WW Clubs and Groups - Health Focused Friends - March, 2009

Jane
02-28-2009, 11:11 AM
Hello! :drinkup:

Here's a group for anyone, whether you are a Weight Watcher member or just thinking about joining WW, to check in, get support and encouragement while trying to become healthier, not just thinner. We want to focus on eating a wholesome diet, exercising more, having a positive outlook on life, and losing weight along the way. This is what Weight Watchers promotes anyway, but sometimes it's hard to stay focused. Together, we'll make it! :yes:

Jane
02-28-2009, 11:19 AM
Hi all,

I'm heading to Evansville, but wanted to get this thread started since I'm not sure when I'll be here tomorrow.

Victoria - sorry about the migraines. :hug: I wanted to get a goat, but Neal talked me out of it. Sounds like he was right, ha ha. Anyway, I'm glad you'll have help with your garden. There's no comparison of the product straight from a garden and what is shipped to the grocery store, is there? Thank goodness lots of town people get to shop at the Farmers' Markets!

Kathy - the Jonas Bros. concert/movie is today. Wish me luck in the midst of all those screaming little girls, ha ha.

Gotta run....

luckycharm
02-28-2009, 12:14 PM
Good morning everyone

Heres a question for all of you. Chunkster (the puppy) is a foot biter. And he likes to bite the top of your foot, so that it grabs the skin, and it really hurts. How can I break him of this habit I don't want him to bite the little one and so that we can stop kicking him every time we take a step and he is of course attached to our feet?

Jane have fun today. We found out that Sharon, Lois, and Bram (minus Lois) is coming in April to put on a concert, so we got tickets for Cole, 1 nephew and my niece. That should be fun. Also Cole's favorite movie is Annie, so Santa got him tickets to that play coming up on March 10. DH however is trying to get out of going as it is not his cup of tea. As for the goat, our goat took a great liking to Cole. It was quite funny as she was very protective of him. She always put herself in between him and the dogs, if he tried to go down the driveway by himself she would herd him back, and the first few times my mom and dad came to visit she would not let them get close to Cole, she was in between them and she would do a little charge at them. I had no idea that goats were like that. Victoria was your goat like that?

Well I must run, and start my laundry. How much fun is that....

pattygirl63
02-28-2009, 01:39 PM
:wave:Good Afternoon Ladies,

I was up early this morning, but spent time doing other things. We have a rainy, possibly thunderstorms today. DH isn't feeling well and since he got his new laptop this week today will be a lazy day for us. (I finally talked him into getting him one.) Not sure we will get to church tomorrow as he is having an earache.

Kathy - DH didn't pick out new glasses. He is going to use the frames he already had.

Jane - Happy Belated Birthday to the twins. Y'all have fun today in Evansville.

CG, Victoria and others MIA and lurkers-:wave:

Have a great day.

luckycharm
02-28-2009, 05:12 PM
Trish - is Rock Hill a big place? I missed Survivor on Thursday, and was checking out the website... I noticed one of the contestants is from Rock Hill. The closest village to us is population 500, so the next closest city from where we just moved from a few years ago is 16,000. Nice because traffic is really never all that bad :lol: Hope that hubby feels better soon, both for you and for him as at our house the men are never good patients. A couple of girls in Cole's class have invited him to their church, so we went last Sunday and he says that he would like to go again tomorrow, so I guess I better go see what I can find for us to wear.
Have a super day everyone.

CarolinaGirl
02-28-2009, 09:43 PM
Hey there y'all! Sorry I'm late. I was not on yesterday due to having a doctor appoinment, allergy testing, and a CT scan. Once I got home, I was tired. It has been a rainy day here all day, Since this morning it has gotten colder and windy. Now they say we may get snow tomorrow....YUCK! I had my 3rd WI this morning. I am down another 1.8lbs, to bring my 3 week total to 10 lbs! :carrot:I am thankful for ANY LOSS! Hope everyone has had a good week. Now we are venturing into another new month with new goals. Good luck to everyone.

luckycharm
02-28-2009, 11:47 PM
CG - Wow :carrot: for your loss. That is great. Are you managing most of this loss through diet alone? Or what type of exercise are you doing?

Question for everyone. (Thanks CG for the idea) New Month, does anyone have any new goals for March to help them with their focus to become healthy? For me, I have been working out on the treadmill, and my goal is eventually to enter a 5k walk/jog. But my problem is I seem to think that because I have been working out, this gives me permission to eat whatever / whenever and I will still lose weight. I have been finding out that this is not how it works, so my goal for March is to plan a healthy eating plan, and stick to it. ;) Lindor Chocolates is not a healthy food group.

CarolinaGirl
03-01-2009, 01:00 PM
Thanks Kathy! I have a longer term goal (hopefully by the summer) to be ABLE to jog. I feel I need to get off more of my weight to be able to maintain posture (I am VERY TOP HEAVY, and I NEVER lose weight there either) and stamina. I feel if I can get more weight off- building myself up to it, I may can do it eventually. I have been doing an exercise DVDs from Prevention during the week to get in some sort of exercise. So a goal for me in the month of March will be to increase my cardio to at least 4-5 times a week. I have also been busy with doctor appointments this week and was only able to get 1 day in this past week. I also hope once the weather gets a little warmer, I will be able to go walk more outside with my iPod. Good luck with your goals!
~Candy~

luckycharm
03-01-2009, 01:20 PM
Candy - I have been tryin to jog also. I have found a website called c25k.com and it teaches you to be able to jog 5 k's in 9 weeks. I am not going to be able to do it in 9 weeks, but at least I have a guide on actually how to get there. Click on the first Cool Running tab to get the outline. At least it gets me on the treadmill for a workout. My SIL is giving me an MP3 player preloaded with music so that should help put some pep in my step on the treadmill. I got out the WW cookbook, and I am going through it and making a grocery list and planning meals for the next week. I am going to see if that helps me a little.

Jane - She added you.

Hello to everyone. Hope you have a great Sunday.

CarolinaGirl
03-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the website Kathy. I will go and read over there and then go from there. Good luck with it when you have built yourself up to it. When do you think you will be ready for it?

luckycharm
03-01-2009, 07:29 PM
Candy - I have finished week 2, but I am not ready to do week 3 yet, so I just keep doing week 2 for the 3rd week around. I am hoping that this week or next week I can push myself to do week 3. However I do not get off the treadmill until I have finished 4 miles. Now to just get the eating under control. Well if you decide to give it a try, we can challenge each other and do it together.

Cody is wanting to bring his girlfriend over for a visit, so he is cleaning the house so she can come for a visit. He has enlisted the help of his little brother. It is so funny to hear the encouragement he is giving to Cole to stay on track. I will have to remember this type of Ninja encouragement because it is working. Now I have to go and show Cody how to run the dishwasher. Proof that this is not normal for him.

Enjoy the rest of the Sunday.

Jane
03-02-2009, 08:19 AM
Hi all,

Trish - how's Tony feeling? Better, I hope. I've decided I am NOT buying one more diet or nutrition book. After all these years, and all the money I've spent looking for a new idea for weight loss, it all comes down to "Eat less, move more". With WW, I get the variety I need, and I get the best loss results when I actually follow the plan as written. I'm focusing on healthy foods, preferably grown locally. Just a few months, now, until I'll have my own home grown produce. Whoo hoo!

Kathy - I saw the photos! How cute the baby is, and the horses are stunning. Tell her thanks for including me. My plan for March seems to be the same as yours - stick to my plan. I can't understand why Lindor chocolates aren't listed as a Filling Food, ha ha. Has Cody's gf been over, yet? How cute about the boys cleaning. I loved it when my DDs were dating because they always made sure the living room was spotless. My son didn't care what the house looked like, ha ha.

Candy - my belly weight is what makes my back hurt. Plus, being tall, I have to bend a lot. If I ever become independently wealthy, I'm going to have all my counter tops raised about 5 more inches to help my aching back.

Jen - we miss you and wish you'd pop back in when you can. :hug: How are things at the theatre?

Sue - no fair just lurking, lol. How's your mom?

Today I have to go to town and stock up on produce, and also run some other errands. It's sooooo cold out, that I'm waiting until later in the day when the temp rises a bit.

Have a good day. :hug:

luckycharm
03-02-2009, 10:08 AM
Happy March everyone.

Well thank goodness only 19 days until Spring. That really only means another month of cold weather, but at least you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Daylight Savings time is really early this year also. On Saturday we get to change out clocks ahead. Yahoo. I honestly don't know why we actually ever turn our clocks back.

Jane - Thank you. She is quite the cutie, and of course thinks Ama and Poppa are the best. Although, she only thinks she should play with Poppa while I am holding her. Kristi will have to update everything. Cody's GF did come over. It was funny, DH woke up from his nap and I was unloading the dishwasher, Cole mentioned that GF was coming and hubby said then Cody should have been the one to tidy up if he wanted company, I had to tell him that the boys did do all the cleaning, I was just unloading the dishwasher. I had to get him a chair to sit down on. It was funny.
How big is your garden that you plant? What do you plant in it? Do you start some of your plants early? I love this time of the year, as in the sales flyers it is all about plants and getting ready for spring.

Hope everyone has a great Monday. :wave:

CarolinaGirl
03-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Good afternoon y'all. We had about 2-3 inches of snow last night, and I HATE SNOW! The sun is out thank goodness, to help it melt away. I am a beach person and snow does NOT make me a happy person. But I do get around in it pretty well. I just put my truck into 4WD and away I go!!!!
Hope everyone has a great Monday and make it a great week!

shrinking me
03-02-2009, 04:23 PM
Kathy I am sorry your in snow it made me so depressed when it snowed it felt like bars coming down on a cage. lol Far cry from the joy seeing the land covered with a beautiful blanket of white.
To the goat lovers.... My Betty served a purpose. I have a daughter who is bi-polar when she was 15 she told me she wanted to be a mother by the time she was 16. When we bought Betty she was just 4weeks and had to be bottle fed. My daughter had to feed her before school and instead of a nap she had to care for her after school Betty demanded her bottle until she was almost 10 months. My daughter is now 20 and is still not a mother. Any thing Betty did or did not due beyond that was fine with me. She now is the best friend to 2 7 year old twins and lives on 150 acres.
I can now have a garden again and I am not taking care of a Grand child

tdiprincess
03-02-2009, 05:47 PM
Hi all.. I'm not too familiar with this thread. But it seems warm and inviting!
I'm from Buffalo, and I have family in NC. They were crying the blues when they were getting snow. Funny thing is that right now we have no snow, and it was bright and sunny yesterday and today! It's bitter cold, but hey!

I lost 4 ounces this week, after starting off on the bad foot last week I did pretty well. DH also got me a wii fit and that is definitely helping...

Anyhow, I'll check back later. I'm off to do some packing and maybe some fit. We are closing on our first house at the end of the month. We should be moving in April sometime, probably at the beginning.

Oh and my goals for March: Continue eating right. Continue focusing on making myself healthy, not just making myself thinner, but making sure I'm not a "skinny-fatty"!

pattygirl63
03-02-2009, 06:17 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies,

Candy - I was just the opposite. I was so excited like a kid when it started snowing last night that I called my sister in TX to tell her about it. A little later my Daddy called to see if it was snowing here as he saw it on the news. DH took pictures last night and I took some this morning to email to them because they want pictures. Snow was something that we always looked forward to back home as we didn't get it that often. Dallas would get it but we didn't always get it in Waco.

Kathy - Rock Hill has between 60 to 70 thousand people living here and until the economy got so bad it was growing pretty quickly. I don't know how it is doing now.

Jane - I read a lot about nutrition, but I just can't buy any more books. I have loads of cook books. Most of them were Tony's Moms. But he is so picky so I don't use them. Once in a while I'll look up a recipe, but usually just for ideas of how to change up something I'm eating or looking for spices to use with certain foods. To me "healthy" eating is more important than anything else. I am looking so forward to spring when all the fresh produce comes out. I would love to grow a few things, but Tony's attitude is "been there done that" and doesn't want to do it any more. I would just love to have a few tomato plants and maybe some bell pepper one. I have thought of having a planter of them. But I probably won't.

tdiprincess - :welcome: :cheer2: Yeah for your weight loss.

My March goal is to have more consistant days of eating "healthier" this month.

Ruth, Jen, Sue Hey you guys, check in and let us know what is going on with y'all.

Everybody have a great day.

tdiprincess
03-02-2009, 07:19 PM
Patty: thanks for the :welcome: Where is Rock Hill in relation to Charlotte NC? That is where my SIL and her DH are located.

CarolinaGirl
03-02-2009, 08:26 PM
Sorry Trish, I just DO NOT like cold weather or snow! I need to move a tropical island somewhere in the carribean to escape it!!! Wonder if hubby would let me...:sunny::swim:

pattygirl63
03-02-2009, 08:41 PM
tdiprincess - Rock Hill is about 20 minutes south of Charlotte.

Candy - That's okay. I like springtime and fall, but hate really hot weather. I don't mind the cold weather for a short period of time, but I don't think I would like it way up north where they have cold and snow for such long periods of time. DH grew up in IN and he has no desire to go back to the days when he had to shovel snow. At least in SC he doesn't have to do that and I don't get the 100+ degrees that we get back in TX.

CarolinaGirl
03-02-2009, 08:57 PM
Trish~ My hubby is from IN too!:D

luckycharm
03-02-2009, 09:57 PM
Hello everyone.

Its been a busy afternoon around here.

Tdiprincess. Its about time you have joined us. We have been waiting for you. :welcome: Tell us a little about yourself. Will you be moving to a new house in the same town that you are in? We got a wii fit. I love it. We get a good laugh when I try and do the hula game.

Victoria - You did something right to keep your daughter from making you a grandma. My daugher was 18 when she made us grandparents. I can plant a garden this year also, and I hope that you don't mind lots of questions either, as this will be my first year of planting a garden. I heard that I should plant radishes with carrots so that when I pick the radishes it thins the carrots. Is this true?

Candy - did you get out shopping on the weekend? Did you find your rice? You have a nice golden tan don't you. The kind that I have always wanted. I have never been able to tan, and I burn quickly. Doesn't even fade from red to tan, just back to ghostly white. People laugh at me in the summer.

Trish - Well you better post some pictures of your snow. I will have to try and get my daughter to post a picture or 2 of our yard with the snow. It is pretty...Does your hubby ever cook? My hubby is a fantastic cook, but he sure doesn't cook very often.

Jane how was your day?

Sue - :wave: Hope you had a great day also.

Okay, must run and get someone into the bath. Then might have to take little Roxy to emergency. Her eye is really red and swollen, and she keeps rubbing it and crying. Can't see anything in it, but sure looks painful.

pattygirl63
03-02-2009, 09:57 PM
Candy - Tony is from Terre Haute. Where is your hubby from?

tdiprincess
03-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Patty: Didn't realize how close that is! They transferred down there 2 years ago for my SIL's job. This January they cut the NC branch..Transunion. But she picked up a job already, so that's good.

Lucky: Thanks for the warm welcome! I love the Hula game LOL.. but yeah we look crazy!! :) I love the Rhythm boxing... We are always competing at the balance games. I obliterated DH at ski jump and the bubble river thing LOL.. What is your age? Last time I did it, it came up with 20, which I'm 22 so that's a -2 years!! Greatly improved from the original 35 yrs! :)
Yeah, we'll be moving from the downtown city of Buffalo into North Buffalo. Still part of the city, just a little quieter. I'm excited, there is a path that runs next to our street!! Although we are walking distance to a really awesome candy shop!!
About me.... Let's see, my name is Brittany. I'm 22. Recently, Feb. 17. I started my weightloss journey in August of 2006. I started at 190lbs. By January of 2007 I was down to about 155. Then in March of that year I got engaged and August 11 we were married. DH is 25 now, he's a process server (serves legal documents.. divorce papers, estate papers, credit card debt, etc.) It pays well! I work with him as his secretary most nights.
Anyhow.. by the wedding I was down to about 146ish. I had a size 8 wedding gown. I was very proud! It felt really good. After the wedding I jumped up to 155 and since then I've stayed between 150 and 160. Only once did I get up to 161.
My original goal weight was 130. Since then I've decided to focus on a healthy BMI. That brings me to 140 at the high end. I think I'd like to stick around 135-140.
Otherwise.. hobbies.. I play the cello. I LOVE to cook and have people over to eat and enjoy each other's company. DH and I both have motorcycles. I just got my permit in August of 2008. Our anniversary presents were motorcycles LOL. DH bought one for $1,000 that wasn't running. He fixed it (oh yeah he's an awesome mechanic too! He is super handy!!). He bought it from a friend who had legal trouble and needed a loan but wouldn't have been able to pay it back as he'll be sentenced to jail soon.. so Mike bought the bike.
Mine is a pink Kawasaki Ninja. It's a 250cc bike. Which is one of the smallest bikes out there. It's really pretty! We bought it for $800. It's a '99. I love it! DH also bought me matching pink Icon jacket and helmet, pink gloves. I need to get some pink pants next LOL..
Other than that.. well actually.. when I first lost weight I wasn't on a plan. I drastically cut my portions and ate more snacks throughout the day. When I joined this site.. actually a year ago this month! I was trying South Beach. But, DH and I didn't like the restrictions. And his body doesn't like fiber much. Which I'm slowly increasing on him. Then in November I got down to 150 with portion control but lost it. That's when I decided that I really needed to get into a plan that I could do for the rest of my life.. and here I am at Weight Watchers!
:flow1: Well that's me any questions? :flow1:

Jane
03-02-2009, 11:28 PM
Just a quick hello! :wave:

Candy - I live in SW Indiana, near Vincennes. :)

CarolinaGirl
03-03-2009, 09:11 AM
Kathy~ My hubby is from Logansport. about an hour or so North of Indy. His Grandma lives in Mishawaka, and has a sister in Kouts.
I did go to Earth Fare over the weekend and still did not find the Kashi rice I was looking for. But I found a different one, so I think we are going to have it with supper this evening.

pattygirl63
03-03-2009, 03:15 PM
Just a quick:wave: and flyby today. We got out to go to the post office yesterday and for a quick bite. Loved the beautiful drive with the snow everywhere making everything look nice and clean. DH and I decided we were glad that we live in this time with the cars and nice roads as thought about how long it would take us to get to York in a horse and buggy. And the thought of getting up on a cold snowy morning to feed your animals, hitch a team of horses to a wagon to go. Even with all the problems we have today with the economy etc, we are truly blessed.

Got a pot of beans in the little crockpot for the cold day. Spring isn't far away and then we will all be busy doing fun things. You guys with your gardens and I hope to make some short cite seeing trips in the area.

Georgia Are you and Hubby in any motorcycle groups that take trips together? My MIL from my previous marriage (Bill and his Mom are deceased) and her DH were in a group and they loved it. Got any trips planned?

Candy Yep DH new where all those places were. One of his BIL from deceased wife's family lives in Loagansport. His wife is a teacher at a Correctional facility

Kathy I too love the longer days and wish they wouldn't change them. DH hates it, but it makes it nice if we women like to go somewhere later in the day and can still be day light when we get home. Safer I think for us.

Jane and others:wave:

Y'all have a good day.

luckycharm
03-03-2009, 05:42 PM
Hi everyone

Just popping in really quick to say hi, I will be back later.

Brittany nice bike...we have two pocket Ninjas 45 cc's one green one red. Right size for the 6 year old, but too fast for him. He let him drive the pocket harley. Back tire is fatter.

I'll be back in a little bit.

CarolinaGirl
03-03-2009, 06:10 PM
Hey there y'all! I just found out my surgery is being moved up to next Tuesday. I am having sinus surgery to hopefully be able to breathe better after all is said and done.

tdiprincess
03-03-2009, 06:18 PM
Carolina: I hope the surgery goes well. Keep us updated as to how it went and recovery. Will you be in and out in the same day? Or will you be held up at the hospital for a few days?

CarolinaGirl
03-03-2009, 06:44 PM
I am doing it outpatient.I've never been put to sleep before though...

tdiprincess
03-03-2009, 07:16 PM
it's not so bad. Ever have your wisdom teeth pulled? It's actually kinda cool.. you wake up thinking it hasn't happened yet. You will be quite surprised that it's done. Just make sure no one has a recording device of any sort as most people say and do some pretty interesting things :)

luckycharm
03-03-2009, 07:27 PM
Candy - :hug: I will be sending good vibes to you so that you can recover quickly.

Ok Brittany spill the beans....what interesting thing did you do when you got your teeth out? Years ago when I had my teeth out I was very unruly when I woke up. Kept yelling at them to let me out of prison and let me go home. Needless to say, they did not keep me for the full recovery time and let my mom take me home soon after I woke up.

pattygirl63
03-04-2009, 01:49 PM
:wave:Hi Ladies,

Candy - :hug: I'll keep you in my prayers that everything goes well and you will be fine.

Not much going on here. Hope everyone has a great day.

shrinking me
03-04-2009, 03:19 PM
Kathy I have planted radishes with carrots it worked great.
I have been out of touch sorry it took so long to answer. I am not planting carrots this year I am putting in mostly squash and purple beans and peas. I am giving starting tomatoes a try also.

shrinking me
03-04-2009, 03:22 PM
My March goal is to really work hard at eating filling foods and try to walk on days my FM legs will let me. I want to be under 200 lb by June 1 2009

tdiprincess
03-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Lucky: I just walked around like I was drunk! LOL :)

Shrinking me: DH and I are buying our first house. We have a decent yard and I'd like to plant some stuff. I was thinking about tomatoes... maybe cucumbers? Any recommendations and tips for a newbie gardener?

shrinking me
03-04-2009, 05:49 PM
I am a beginner my self I plant things I want to eat I give a lot away to my kids and mom I love the Jonny's seed catalog they are very reasonable and have great growing instructions. Plant things for your area. The farmers almanac is fun too. It feels so good to eat food you grew your self. Have fun!

luckycharm
03-04-2009, 06:27 PM
OK next question for all you gardeners

How do I store vegetables after they have been picked? And how long can I store them for. Particularily potatoes and carrots. Just wondering as if I can't really store them for long, I'll plant a smaller garden.

Brittany - we will be new gardeners together. It is so exciting about your new house.

Nothing interesting going on here today. My niece is coming to spend a few days here as there is no school for the rest of the week, so I have to babysit. Going to be a rough 3 days.

BBL

tdiprincess
03-04-2009, 07:37 PM
We are super excited about the house! We cannot wait to be out of the downtown city, we'll still be in the city, but a bit quieter. Right now we have to walk about a block to our cars. it's nice for exercise, but when it's 20 out, it stinks!
I know last year my parents had TONS of tomatoes. They gave me some and I made some spaghetti sauce and salsa. Both super easy to make and then I canned them. They're perfect for quick meals and to give as little gifts.
I'm working on other things I might be able to can also. Maybe just dice up tomatoes and can them. I know with herbs some people will mince up the herb and make a paste with a little olive oil (or water) and then freeze them. Then when they want some "fresh" herb taste they take a few out of the freezer.
I know for sure that I want to plant tomatoes and cucumbers (maybe I'll make some dill pickles, that will require dill) :) When do I start planting the seeds and stuff? Do you guys use fertilizers? I'm thinking about starting a compost pile to help fertilize the soil without chemicals. I'd also like to plant a fruit tree or 2. Maybe apple and pear or plums... Maybe some rhubarb...
There are so many ideas to choose from...
My list so far:
tomatoes
cucumber
rhubarb
carrots
soy beans
regular beans

herbs:
basil
have oregano
rosemary
dill
mint
chives
parsly
maybe garlic
onions.

Okay so maybe I just need suggestions on how to plant and stuff LOL.. I think I have a good list. That doesn't include flowers and such :)
I am just sooo excited to have my own garden!! Fresh veggies, practically free minus a few cents and some good hard work!

pattygirl63
03-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Good Morning Ladies,

Busy day planned so just flying by to say :wave:HI!
Y'all have a great day!

shrinking me
03-05-2009, 02:58 PM
tdiprincess I live in San Diego and have a completely different growing season than you do. The things you picked to grow sound great make sure that they are ok for your zone. The country is divided into zones. It is also good to test your soil for ph that will tell you what to add and what is ok to plant. Herbs may be an annual in your area. The seed package will give you instructions on planting, feeding and watering. Call Johny seed co. (Google) they will let you know your zone or your local ag dept.
In So Cal water is very expensive and it makes growing some things to costly.
I use gray water and drip to keep the cost down. Unfortunately we have a lot of rabbits and gopher too. LOL you get something just right and find the birds thought so too.
Plant enough for the wild life they will find you.
I think it is great you want to eat healthy it is comforting to know what is going in your food.
I had a great weigh in 23.6 lb lost so far

CarolinaGirl
03-05-2009, 06:04 PM
Afternoon everyone! The weekend is almost here thank goodness! I am more than ready for this week to end. Hope everyone is doing well.

tdiprincess
03-05-2009, 11:40 PM
Shrinking me: It is very comforting knowing! I"m trying to do things that are a bit harder to get in the store.. minus tomatoes.. but that's because I LOVE fresh tomato spaghetti sauce right from the garden. NOTHING beats an Italian dinner with that!
I think I'll talk to my dad, he has his own garden with stuff too. They also have apples and pears. I think this year I may make some applesauce with his apples. Maybe if we plant a tree then I'll do something they don't have, like plums. My grandpa used to have one and he got rid of it for some reason.
I can't wait to have fresh veggies!!
Another thing to do with fresh veggies and fruits is to blanch them and freeze them. Fresh fruits you can also make fruit leather... Puree whatever fruit you want, add sweetener of some sort if you'd like, then turn oven to lowest setting and let it dry out. I'll be doing that this year too!

Pretty much any preserving ideas you can get from the store... canned veggies and fruit, frozen veggies and fruit... It's all super easy to do too!
with Fruits you can also make Jams and Jellies... freezer jam is the easiest I've heard, although canning normally is super easy!

luckycharm
03-06-2009, 12:38 AM
Hi everyone.

First of all :bravo: Victoria on the 24 lbs. Yes I am considering it 24 because by the time you wake up in the morning it will be at least 24. :carrot: I am celebrating with you. If I lived there, I would take you out to a movie. I have a really big purse, so I would spring for the water and rice cakes.....jk no rice cakes, but some fruit or something. I sure hope that you haven't had any migranes in the last couple days. :hug: Do you have any good recipes for squash? I really have never cooked it as I don't know what I would do with it.

Brittany - :D I am impressed with you. I will be asking you for all sorts of recipes for my veggies that I get out of the garden. I live in a poor growing zone, we only really have 3 months to grow anything. 3.5 if we are really lucky. You asked me what my wii age is, and I am very embarrassed to admit this, but it is 72. Now I am nowhere near that age, so I am trying really hard to bring my wii age down. I actually think it must be defective, because it did say the age of our 6 year old is 25. Although, it did have my kids :rofl: laughing and having a great time.

Candy - do you plan on just relaxing this weekend, getting ready for Tuesday? Now if I lived close to you, I would come and gladly cook for you. Then you would suddenly be recovered, and kick me out of your house. :dizzy: Yes I am a very boring cook. I was thinking of you and your 4x4 today. We have had a nasty blizzard which resulted in 3 feet of snow. Yahoo snow days. I couldn't go anywhere, as the kid had to drive our 4x4 to town to get to work. Tried to move the car, but my tires were buried under the snow.

Trish - How are you? I know that your days have been busy, but have you at least had a chance to have some relaxing you time? Even if it is just to watch a little tv? What did you have for supper tonight? Gonna ask everyday, just so I can get some ideas. Even my hubby can't think of anything to make for supper anymore. Definately in a big rut there. :hug:

Jane - What have you been up to? Have you been watching the girls? Are you a big Jonas Brothers fan now, and you have just been listening to their newest CD, dancing around your house? :carrot: My 10 year old niece is here for the next few days and I am truly Hanna Montana'ed out. Got any supper ideas for me?

Sue - hope that you are having a great time in Las Vegas.

Jen - Come out and say hi. You must have had a day off by now.

I need a housecleaning fairy to come to my house. Don't know how it gets so messy everyday, even though it gets cleaned everyday. And I am so excited, (I know, I have no life) we get to turn the clocks ahead on Sunday. :carrot: Now at least it won't get dark until 6:30. Won't be feeding the horses in the dark anymore.

Hope everyone has a great night.

tdiprincess
03-06-2009, 12:43 AM
Lucky: I know what to do with fresh food, I just don't always know how to grow it LOL. My Mii age for wii sports is 62 I believe and I'm 22 LOL... The wii fit age was 20, although I haven't don it in a couple days either.

Shrinking: I just realized your little note at the end! AWESOME job!! Isn't it so exciting? Keep it up!! :flow1:

jenosaurus
03-06-2009, 02:55 PM
hi everyone,
I apologise for bein MIA for so long!
I've been mad busy with work, the order of malta, boys and the gym.
I finally got a membership!
Hey what do you guys think of my before and after pictures, both in the same clothes!
Hope to talk to you all soon
Jen

shrinking me
03-06-2009, 03:16 PM
Kathy thanks for the encouragement. I am going to a movie today with my mom I will be going out to lunch after so I can sip a diet drink and be happy.
I wont say what I would eat because it will just give someone a craving.
I use the green bags to keep veggies fresh. It works great for onions and potatoes out of the fridge too.
I put this weight on in just 6 months well 60lb of it that is the only thing I can think as to why it is coming off so fast. I do the ww plan. Eat my 5 healthy guidelines and all.
Is any one doing the just eat filling foods plan?
2 days no migraines yea!!!

tdiprincess
03-06-2009, 03:16 PM
Jen:You look awesome! I can't believe you're wearing the same clothes! Keep up the great work!! :flow1:

luckycharm
03-06-2009, 03:52 PM
:wave: Hi everyone

Jen, no wonder you have thrown us over for all the attention you must be getting from the boys...You look wonderful. Send a little hints this way. Actually, is this because you have been so busy or because of the gym.

Victoria - You are very welcome. What movie are you going to go and see? :carrot: I am so glad that you have not had any migranes. Do you notice that you get your migranes if you haven't had enough water? That is what the dr figured out the cause of mine are. But I have been having some trouble drinking water lately. It is nice that we live on a acreage so we don't pay for water.

Brittany - Well I am glad that you know what to do with the fresh food, as I will definately be asking for your expertise. I have yet to compare if the scale on the wii and my bathroom scale match. (Oh my daughter just confirmed that it does match). So what are your secrets for your sucessful weight loss that you have achieved?

Candy - Yahoo its Friday. Hope that your day is going fast for you, so that the weekend can start, and you can relax. Found the Kashi cereal, but it was $9.00 a box, so I will have to try it on pay day. I can see why you mix it. Maybe I will mix it with fruit loops :rofl: It should make that a healthy cereal right?

Hi to everyone else. Hope everyone enjoys the day. I turned my clock ahead already, just because I am strange. And I am not telliing anyone that I did it. Not that we have anywhere to go until Monday!

jenosaurus
03-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Lol, thanks for that Kathy, not exactly, the tracksuit for the gym is nowhere near as flattering as the clothes in the picture! And my brother works there so its not exactly iseal place to flirt lol, but I am making lots of new friends, and my weight loss is at a stand stil Im stil the same weight but have toned up lots as the pictures show, so its not too bad!

luckycharm
03-06-2009, 05:59 PM
Jen, Thank you. I really had not thought about how good a person would look, even just toned up. Your pictures have given me new hope, that even if I don't have a huge weight loss, just toning up will make as much difference. what is the order of Malta? Don't stay away so long. We miss you when you are not here. :hug:

jenosaurus
03-06-2009, 06:02 PM
awh lol thanks. :)
Easiest way to explain order of malta is
www.orderofmalta.ie
your looking for the ambulance corps section

Jane
03-06-2009, 10:20 PM
Hi all,

Kathy - I try to just eat regular food, but double up on the veggies, and cut back on the entree if it's less than healthy. The Jonas Bros movie was really cute. Then just tonight Makenzie has me watching Camp Rock, and they are in that movie, too! How cool that you turned your clock up already! I should do that tonight since I can sleep in tomorrow, but have to get up early on Sunday. You're very clever!

Oops... old friend on the phone - chat with you all later. :grouphug:

tdiprincess
03-06-2009, 10:40 PM
Lucky: Thanks.. I don't really think I'm an expert on the fresh food stuff.. What I want to learn, I google or go to the library.. I first lost weight by portion control. That helped a lot, but it really wasn't the healthiest way for me to lose. Now I've been doing WW to get me closer to my original goal and changing my eating habits and exercise habits. I do the Wii fit 6 days a week. I have been increasing our fiber intake the last few weeks. And I'm working on increasing our veggies and fruits. Those are my mini-goals!
What about yourself?

CarolinaGirl
03-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Wow Kathy...$9.00 a box!!!!!! I sure hope you will like it for that. I pay $2.89 at SuperWalmart.

shrinking me
03-07-2009, 05:01 PM
Kathy I saw grand Torino it was ok my mom was shocked to see her Clint Eastwood looking so old. Well I told her her wore a lot of makeup. Hay what ever it takes to keep her feeing young. My migraines have a lot of triggers. I know water is a good cure for a head ache too. I use Imetrex.
Jen, The order of the malta sounds really interesting I did peek at the site. Are you an EMT?

tdiprincess
03-07-2009, 06:11 PM
Hi all.. just checking in. It was a nice start to the day... but now it's rainy :(
But I've gotten quite a bit of packing done along with doing a little wii fit. I will do some more later on. I also need to practice my cello (I'm getting paid to play at a wedding in May) Laterz chickies!

jenosaurus
03-07-2009, 07:04 PM
Nope not an emt, but i know alot of them personally, so they save me a fortune on doctors bills, i give them all my signs and symptoms and they'll diagnose me, and recommend a doctor or something over the counter!
But im more involved with the cadets, there the kids aged between 10 and 16.
BeEn a cadet leader since i was 16, when i stopped being a cadet.
But I love it, they have their regional competitions coming up in like 6 weeks, and there being held in our town, so have alot of training to do with them and organising for the competitions to do.
Ever try and write a table quiz, that allkids aged between 10 and 16 wil find entertaining but not impossible.. its not an easy task.
O also finished cross stitching my dragon!! Its red and green and purple!!
And I managed to fit in the gym, work and a movie today.. I think god needs to stick a few more hours into his days!!!

shrinking me
03-07-2009, 10:49 PM
Jenosaurus: I have a 14 yo daughter can I send her to you lol. That must be a fun group to work with most kids that age like to work with any one NOT their parent. I got complements on all my kids that age group about how well they worked alone or as a team for others. I always asked a few questions to make sure they were talking about my kid. :joker
How long have you been at a plateau? Some times your body thinks it is being starved and eating a little more will convince it your not. are you on ww? They have a booklet here on that topic.
My leader tells us to take measurements too. I am not ready to do that.
Can you post a pic. of the dragon. Cross stitch is hard for me. I am crocheting with a small thread at the moment I about go blind lol. My niece is getting married and I am making a edging for a hankie to catch her tears.

pattygirl63
03-09-2009, 03:00 PM
:wave:Hi Everybody,

Sorry I haven't been here much lately.

Jen - It is good to hear from you girl. You are really busy besides your new position at work. It all is obviously working for you. You look really good. Thanks for sharing the pics. You still seeing the same boyfriend? I'm glad you are really enjoying your life... got purpose going there makes a big difference working with the kids.

Well, I got on the scales Friday (not supposed to do that much on IE), but I just had not been feeling as well as I should and I was up to 233 lbs. I almost panicked. I said to myself right there on the spot "No, I'm not gaining one more oz." I've been thinking about getting on a schedule of eating every 2 or 3 hours and I saw something on another thread about The 3 Hour Diet so I googled it. Not really a diet unless you want to diet, but just eat 5 or 6 smaller meals throughout the day which fits with IE, WW or any other plan you are doing. So I started it Friday and as of this morning, I have dropped 8 lbs. According to what I read all the yo-yo dieting and almost starving diets over the years, the metabolism stops burning fat. By eating smaller meals throughout the day, the metabolism is trained to start burning fat again and a person should be able to lose a healthy loss of 2 lbs a week. So as you can see with an 8 lb loss in 3 days, I will be adding this way of eating to my WW/IE combination of eating. I hope to be down below 200 by this summer.

It is beautiful here today. Didn't get to go to church yesterday because I had a stomach virus or something. Hope to get out tomorrow before it rains sometime the end of the week.

Everybody, Y'all have a good day and I will try to catch y'all again soon.

CarolinaGirl
03-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Hello everyone! Hope everyone has had a great day. We had a beautiful weekend here in Carolina, and today as well. My sinus surgery has been moved up a wek to tomorrow morning. I'm a little nervous since I have never been put to sleep before. I also did not do my WI this past Sat. since it was my TOM. So this is my 5th week and I will WI on Saturday. I may check back in on Wednesday if I feel well enough. Have a great week!

pattygirl63
03-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Candy - :hug:You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope it will go well for you.

luckycharm
03-09-2009, 09:13 PM
Good Afternoon everyone.

Candy - I am sending you :goodvibes and :hug: that all goes well for you tomorrow. I hope that you feel well enough to check in, but take your time and get lots of rest. Good luck.

Trish :carrot: 8 lbs in 3 days? That is incredibly fantastic. I will have to look into something like that. Well actually, I do that anyways, and really snack all day long so if I could cut back into small healthy meals maybe I could have some of that sucess. I am pretty much the same weight as you, so you are on, I will try and get to 200 for this summer also. Add some toning to that, and I can try and look like Jen.

Victoria - When is your niece getting married? My 9 year old niece is obsessed with having a baby. Ever since she was 3, all she wanted to have was a baby. She kept asking me when she could have one, and I of course gave her the standard, when you are grown up and married. Well one of her friends told her she could have one when she is 11, so she informed me and her other auntie that she will try and have one when she is 11. I haven't seen Grand Torino. My Mom and Aunt saw it, and they thought it would be about something else, and were quite shocked when they saw it. :lol:

Jen - I checked out the website. Wow impressive. I was in air cadets way back many years ago. That is totally great that you are a leader, and working with teenagers. They need people like you, someone that they can trust and talk to when they don't feel they can talk to their parents.

Brittany - Oh I love the cello. Wish I could play it. Could you tape yourself playing and then send me the tape (cd) video? I bet you will be the showstopper at the wedding. Do you play in an orchestra anywhere around where you live? They have a community one here, just people getting together to play the instruments they know how to play, just so they can play.

Jane - How are you doing? Have you ever planted watermelon? :dizzy: I know random thought. Wanted to see if you are paying attention. How was Camp Rock? I had a good laugh last week the Jonas Brothers were on David Letterman, and they obviously had never heard of him before. It was good for a laugh.

Well we are snowed in. Good thing that I got groceries on Friday. Can't get out of our driveway as we are now in the month of March, our worst weather month of the year. I am kindof hoping that the snowplow comes and plows us out, but kindof hoping they don't come for a few days. :dizzy:
Can't make up my mind. I guess it is just that kind of day today.

luckycharm
03-10-2009, 05:41 PM
Candy - :grouphug: :grouphug: Hope that you are at home now, and that you are doing good. Just wanted you to know that I am really thinking of you, and here are some :goodvibes that you heal quickly.

:wave: Hello to everyone. Hope you are all having a great day.

Jane
03-10-2009, 05:50 PM
Kathy - I'm paying attention. :D Yes, we have watermelons and cantaloupe literally out my back door in the summer. Oh my gosh, fresh melon sounds SO good! Camp Rock was fun for the kids. Totally predictable, of course, but cute anyway. I can't believe you're snowed in again! Yikes! I had no idea March is your worst weather month. It's 77 degrees here today, but a cold front is coming through later, with bad storms. I hope your 9 yo niece changes her mind, ha ha.

Trish - Whoo hoo on the 8 pounds down! Eating often will keep your blood sugar level, too. I'm glad you're feeling better. :hug:

Candy - my Ts & Ps will be with you tomorrow. :hug:

Jen - you are one busy lady! I bet you have a lot of fun with the cadets. Kind of like scouting?

Victoria - it amazing to see the measurements go down, even when the scales don't, when a person is staying OP. When you're ready - go for it!

Brittany - wow, you must be very good on the cello if you're playing in a wedding. What a talent!

I've got the kids - day 4 of 4 - whoo hoo! Two of them are sick, and Mary offered to stay home, but I know she needs money, so I told her I'd take care of them. Neal is cooking tonight - salad, Italian spaghetti and green beans - so that helps.

Have a good one,

luckycharm
03-10-2009, 06:47 PM
Jane - I am so jealous...I want to be able to grow watermelons and cantaloupe, and all the good fruit. I think that I will put in some strawberry plants this year. Yup March sucks. It has been -40 degrees F the last 4 days. My washing machine pipes are frozen so I can't do laundry. It is suppose to warm up for a couple days, then back to really cold. And the worst part of our winter, is April is usually the month it takes for all our snow to melt. That is why most of Alberta Senior Population drops in the winter, and Arizona's population doubles. :rofl: I want to do that too.

How lucky that Neal will cook. Mark is a really good cook, but he won't do it. That is great that you took the kids. They will feel better just being with Grandma and Grandpa. That way Mary also gets a nice break, if it is anything like at our house, we end up staying up half the night with sick kids anyway.

How many days do you get off now? My dad has been picking up Cole from school and taking him and my nephew who is also 6 over to play at their place. Cole loves it.

shrinking me
03-10-2009, 06:55 PM
My niece is getting married on the 23 of April we are not close she is "too good for my family" They are getting Married in Mexico so the poor fam. and friends wont come. My thoughts were if she did not want me there don't invite me. It sounds like I am hurt I am not.
Kathy I hope your niece is not serious and if she is I hope she gets a puppy or something to care for. I had my first child young just barely 19 I guess in those days it was not that young but I was alone. He turned out great but it took being a mother first and every thing else second.
Grand Torino is not a movie I would recommend seeing before it comes to dvd.
Are any of you doing the simply filling foods with WW? I am going to start...after shopping.

tdiprincess
03-10-2009, 07:31 PM
Candy: I hope all went well! Take care! :grouphug:

Lucky: When I was in high school I was in the orchestra and played in extra things. I also took private lessons until a year after high school. Now, I play for family and friends regularly. I just enjoy the sound it is very relaxing and soothing!

Jane: Thanks! I'm excited, I really haven't done this before! I have been practicing like crazy!! :)

Lucky: just when I thought it was cold here.....
I've been thinking about planting some strawberries also. Although I know my In-laws have planted watermelon and done well with it here, I may try that also! (not to rub it in LOL) :D

Shrinking: Seems like you're taking it well! It's too bad that your family is like that! Why would they get married in Mexico?? I know it's great there and all.. but I don't think I EVER wanted to get married there LOL.. just me though ;)

I hope everyone is doing well! I'm doing pretty good. I'm off to go do some exercising and packing!! I just go the Wii My Fitness Coach to add to my wii fit program, we'll see how I do :flow1: I'm sure I'll be around later!
See ya chickies!! :carrot:

tdiprincess
03-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Okay so I just finished half of my exercise.. The fitness coach is an AMAZING cardio routine!! I love the exertion!! I will continue to use the wii fit as that is very precise movements and makes sure its good and balanced. I think together will be an amazing combo!! :carrot:
Onto dinner and some fit!! Later chickies! :flow1:

luckycharm
03-10-2009, 08:57 PM
Victoria - My niece is very serious. I don't know if it helps that she spends almost every second weekend here, (she would live here, but I truly have a hard time with her she is very spoiled) We let her come because then she gets to look after and play with Roxy. I was hoping that would help her, but so far I don't think it has. They have 3 dogs and a guinea pig for her. I hope that you have a great vacation in Mexico. Too bad that your niece doesn't realize that she is only hurting herself with that type of attitude. She is giving up some great famiy connections. I'm glad that you are not hurt. :hug: Oh and I actually haven't tried WW yet. I am too cheap. What is the Simply Filling Plan?

Brittany, I don't have the Fitness Coach. What is it? I seen a Jillian Micheals game also for the Wii at Toys R Us before Christmas, but now I can't find it anywhere. And plant a watermelon for me ok. Then when you eat it, or make a drink out of it just think of me!

Well I must run and make some supper, and watch the biggest loser.

tdiprincess
03-10-2009, 09:09 PM
Lucky: I reviewed both the Jillian Michaels and the fitness coach. The Jillian reviews were quite bad. 90% of the reviews were disappointment. The Fitness coach is really good. It does a body profile upon set-up. Then sets a workout schedule. The cardio is very rigorous. The only thing is that I like the wii fit's very precise movements. The Fit. Coach isn't as precise. I will continue to use both. OH and the fitness coach let's you use any equipment you may have laying around, but no balance board.
I bought mine off Ebay $26 and free shipping there. I saw it the first time at Best Buy, $50 here.

CarolinaGirl
03-11-2009, 12:24 PM
Surgey went ok. It took them 2 hours in the recovery to get me awake. Now my head is completely stobbed up, and lots of bleeding. Hopefully tomorrow will be better than today. Thanks to everyone for thinking of me.:hug:

tdiprincess
03-11-2009, 01:41 PM
Candy: Good to hear the surgery went fine. Your sinuses should be back to normal in no time. Just rest and relax a bit! :grouphug:

I started out the day good. I did the wii fit. Later on I'm going to do the fitness coach.. I cannot do that in the morning, it's just too exhausting LOL.. The fit is good. I did a little bit of cardio and then did some strength and yoga. later I'll get my cardio in with the Fitness Coach..

DH isn't feeling great today :( I think we need to get to bed earlier... We'll see though!

shrinking me
03-11-2009, 07:31 PM
Kathy I am not going to the wedding. I can not afford it or take the time away from my cats and dogs. You have to have a passport too. My mother is not even going. Simply filing is a plan on WW you eat only filing foods with out tracking points. If you eat something else you have 35 points for the week for that. I think I found this group under WW groups.
Does your niece know about the "birds and bees" a graphic video of birth may change her mind.
I remember finding out about SEX and thinking that is gross!!!!! Funny how I changed my mind.
Candy I am glad things went well. It is hard when it is in your face. Each day will be easier and then you will get to enjoy the benefits.

pattygirl63
03-11-2009, 11:35 PM
Hi Everyone,

This is a quick flyby. Busy day today. I went to beauty shop and got my hair highlighted and then shopping at grocery store. Came home and crashed. Tired. 3FC has a new thread of different ones eating smaller meals every 3 hours and after reading it and joining it, I think I need to eat more protein on this plan. I am settling into eating more like the WW Simply Filling foods but doing it every 3 hours. I think I have gotten rid of my sweet cravings so that is a plus.

Candy - I am glad your surgery went well and pray you will be feeling much better tomorrow.

I'll read and catch up with the rest of you tomorrow.

CarolinaGirl
03-13-2009, 09:33 AM
Thanks Trish! I am feeling better everyday. This week has gone by fairly quickly I think. Hope I will do ok on my WI tomorrow morning.

luckycharm
03-13-2009, 11:48 AM
Hi everyone.

Happy Friday.

I can't believe that March is almost half over already. Anyways. I have to run and get a few things done, but I'll check back later. Candy glad that you are doing ok. How long will it take for the swelling to go down so that you can breath?

pattygirl63
03-13-2009, 02:26 PM
Hi Everybody,

Happy Friday 13th. Never was superstitious about this day. In fact, I had a SIL at one time that we made it our day when we would go out for a girls day out to eat and shopping. Never have a Friday 13 when I don't think of her. Not much going on here today. Cool and rainy day which always makes me feel colder or as cold as I do when it is really cold weather. Not going any where and not doing anything special.

Candy - So glad you are feeling better and pray you are back to normal soon.

Kathy - My beautician and I were just talking about how fast this year is passing already. So hard to believe it is the middle of March as it feels like it was just Christmas.

Jane - How are sick kiddos doing? And how is Grandma and Grandpa doing? It was sweet of Mary to offer to stay home, but I understand being there for her to go ahead and work.

Everyone Else - :wave:

Have a great day and week end if I don't get back here the week end.

CarolinaGirl
03-14-2009, 02:58 PM
Thanks everyone! I think the healing process is a little slow. I go back to the dr. next Friday for a check up. I am having headaches now and wish they would go away. I am not one who likes to take pain pills, so I am trying Advil for the headches today.

suetalks
03-15-2009, 12:21 PM
Good Sunday morning ladies- I know I have been MIA, but I will try to stop in more often. We got back from Vegas mid-week and it took me forever to get rested up. Of course, I have the un-packing, washing and ironing to do when we get back from a trip. Then the regular house work and back to the routine. I just could not get enough sleep for a couple days.

Our trip was fun, not fruitful, but fun. We came back with about as much $$ as we took, so that was good. Looked at condos and the one we wanted sold the exact day we looked at it. We are still looking for the price on a few to go down a little more...it is a gamble, but worth looking into every day. We are even thinking about a fixer upper because it was in a real nice complex and had potential. (DH is pretty handy with tools.)

I am not weighing until April Fools day....just for fun. I am starting to use the trampoline today and hopefully walk outdoors. I know I gained around the middle the last few weeks..ugh. Food is going well this week, I just need to get back on track with moving.

Hope you are all doing great and having sunshine today. Our tulips and crocuses are popping through. There are robins in the yard. Spring must be here, or close.

CarolinaGirl
03-15-2009, 12:55 PM
Happy Sunday morning! Hope everyone has a great day and new week. At my WI yesterday I was down .8 lbs, but I will surely take it! Have a great day!

tdiprincess
03-15-2009, 08:23 PM
Carolina: Good work trying to keep as many pills out of your body as possible. One thing if you find the Advil doesn't work too great right away, take one stronger dose of pain medicine. Then once the edge of the pain is gone, then keep taking Advils to help maintain the decreased pain. I used to do this for my hips. A lot of Dr.'s and nurses do this for patients. Get the pain under control, then lower the doses to use less pills!

Everyone else, I hope all are well! I cannot wait to be out from down town!! I think it's the combination of warm weather, a bad economy and people looking for an excuse to get drunk, but this St. Patty's day parade was crazy. We were out of the area for most of the day, and I'm very glad we were! These people are just super crazy!! We move in 3 weeks! I can't wait!!

CarolinaGirl
03-16-2009, 04:55 PM
tdiprincess~ Thanks for the advice. I really had no pain, but the nurse told me to take some of the pain pills so that I didn't start having any pain. I have never done well with pain pills, they make me feel jittery and overall not well. But they would not let me take my Advil until Thursday so I wouldn't bleed any worse. So now I am trying to get it out of my system.

jenosaurus
03-16-2009, 05:36 PM
As if you all didnt know!!! Its ST PATRICKS DAY tomorro :)
Really its just an excuse for most places to close for the day and everybody gets very drunk.. but hey were Irish.. we do it with style LOL!!!
Sorry folks again gotta dash., but hope everyone enjoys there day even if you dont celebrate!!!
Jen :)

pattygirl63
03-16-2009, 07:56 PM
:wave: Hi Everybody,

Sue- It great to hear from you. Good luck on finding a condo you want. Hope it all works out the way y'all want it. :carrot: Great coming back from Vegas with $$ you left with. That in itself is quite and accomplishment. How is your Mom doing?

Jen - :drinkup:HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY TO YA!!! Enjoy your holiday.

Ruth I'm sure your busy with school and all. but drop in and let us know how you are doing. You are missed.

Candy, Jane, Kathy, tdiprinces and anyone else reading :wave:

I had a good week. Today was my WI. No gain; no loss. Managed to keep my 8 lbs off. I feel that is an accomplishment since the week was spent learning how to make my new plan work for me. I have managed to get rid of the cravings for sweets and my portions have become smaller... each meal/snack is 1/2 servings of before. So overall I am pleased.

Y'all have a good evening.

suetalks
03-16-2009, 11:38 PM
Trish- Hello, and thanks for asking about mom. She is doing quite well right now. Today she even took a short walk around our neighborhood.
How did you manage to get rid of cravings for sweets? I am really fighting a losing battle since mom has sweets in the house all the time. And hubby wants meats and potatoes meals...I can't win. Every time I lose 4 or 5 pounds I gain it back. I am becoming tired of trying. Then there are the people who say "You are 60 years old, you are not supposed to be skin and bones."
I just want to be healthy and I don't feel healthy with this weight around my middle.

Okay...no need to vent on you gals. LOL...

pattygirl63
03-17-2009, 01:51 AM
Hi Sue,

I'm so glad your Mom is doing better. Hope she keeps doing better each day.

As for my eating, I am learning to eat 5 to 6 small meals each day. I had been thinking about it and then I read on another thread where someone had started the 3 Hour Diet and wanted to know if anyone was doing it here on 3FC. I'm learning for example to take what I would normally eat at one meal and divide it in half and eat it. For example, today we had chopped bbq. I decided I wanted mine as a sandwich with my double fiber bread. I made an open sandwich with 1 sl of bread instead of two and half the meat I would have normally have eaten. Instead of chips or fries, I had what I call a finger salad (celery, radishes and little peppers) and 1/4 c of corn.
One thing I do differently is that I eat when I'm hungry whether it is 2 hours or 3 or even once today went 3 1/2 to 4 hours in between because I actually got busy and lost track of time and wasn't hungry. I don't let myself get famished or I may eat more than I really need.

The idea is that we have yo-yo dieted for so many years and that our metabolism doesn't burn fat like it should. By eating every 3 hours according to the book, you train your metabolism to start burning fat again. You should lose an average of 2 lbs a week. I didn't buy the book or read it as I've got so many books now. I just went on line and googled The 3 Day Diet and got the info I could on line. However, Amazon.com does have the book. I figure that every good diet book I've purchased of late says the same thing you learn from WW Simple Filling foods... eat 5 veggies and fruit, whole grains and dairy. I've got all the info I need with WW alone so why buy another diet book.

suetalks
03-17-2009, 12:54 PM
Thanks for you reply Trish. I am glad you are doing so well. I am like you in that i have read so many books and articles. I know in my head what to do...it is just doing it. I cook for all 3 of us and we all love to eat. So, getting me singled out from them is hard...lol. I do keep a bowl of fruit on the counter. I will eat much more fruit than they do...and often use it for a small meal/snack. I just need to learn to cook normally and curb my eating like you mentioned. We had barbq last night...did I eat 1/2? NO I ate the whole sandwich. So I need the discipline and maybe I can get it going.
I started walking and biking this week, then woke up yesterday with a horrible head cold or allergies. I feel worse today as my head is throbbing. It will go away soon..and I will be back pedaling. I might force myself out today in spite of how I feel. It is beautiful here.

Jane- Are you getting ready to plant your flowers? This weather sure makes one feel like it is time. DH is fertilizing and sowing more grass seed. We will get more mulch this year and I am already thinking of some new plants.

short & sassy
03-17-2009, 02:46 PM
Just stopped by to say hello to everyone. Hope you are doing great!

CarolinaGirl
03-17-2009, 02:54 PM
Hope everyone has a Happy St. Patty's Day!!!! :luck2you::kissluck::drinkup:

shrinking me
03-17-2009, 03:38 PM
I agree that WW does teach us what we could read in a ton of books. I let them spend the money !! I hit a plateau I lost a lot 23.6 since Jan 5 and then it stopped. I had a series of migraines and a lot of pain from Fibromyalgia and I think my body just shut down. The migraine meds. constipate me so I upped fiber and water but still the scale is stuck. I am sticking to my points. Any suggestions are welcome. :stress:

pattygirl63
03-17-2009, 07:28 PM
Victoria 1st CONGRATULATIONS on the 23.6 loss. Do you go to WW meetings? If you are doing all the things you should do and at a plateau for a long period of time, maybe you could discuss it with your leader and perhaps get some advice. I don't do meeting, but my sister back in TX does and her leader helped her. Do you eat a lot of the allowed snacks? Sometimes those will stop the weight loss. It could be caused by your meds. And then you've lost quite a bit of weight since Jan so it could be that your body is trying to adjust to the weight you have lost. But if you could talk to your leader if you have one, she might could help you. Sorry I'm not much help. Hope you can get it worked out.

pattygirl63
03-17-2009, 07:37 PM
Ruth - :wave:Good to see you are still kicking. Are you still in school? Hope all is well with you.

I started using the stationary bike Sunday night, but I am not sure I can do it everyday yet. My legs love it, but it is one of those that the handlebars move too and I had such pain in my back part of my shoulders last night that I had to take one of DH muscle relaxers. Shows how out of shape I'm in. I think I will start doing it every other day until my body adjusts to it.
Went to Walmart and Staples today so hope the walking around the two stores will work as my exercise for today.

Hope everyone is having a good St Patty's Day. Always thought I had a lot of Irish as I was told by my grandfather that his mother was a "red headed Irishman". When Daddy got into doing family tree, we found out her family came from Wales. My Mama's Mama liked a loved Irish stew so maybe I have it from that side. Who knows, by the time it gets to my generation I figure I probably have a little of everything even Native American. LOL.

Have a great day ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jane
03-19-2009, 01:41 AM
Just a fly-by to say hello! We've been so busy during the days that the weather was so nice. Another cool down is headed my way, so I'll be indoors more.

short & sassy
03-19-2009, 09:05 AM
Hey Trish,

No, I skipped this semester. I've been paying by credit card and decided to pay off some debt before I go back. I'll probably take a few classes next spring. I'm not in any hurry to get the HR degree, just one of my life goals. Also, after one more class I could take the CPA exam... that's an option also.

Good luck with the stationary bike. I don't have one, but I've thought about checking into the brackets that you can get for a regular bike that allows them to become stationary. I heard that is how bikers train.

I've been going to the gym since the last few weeks of January. I havent lost but a few pounds, but I've lost about 5 inches. I think my body is in shock and weight loss just isn't happening yet! LOL

Well, I've got to get ready for work, you girls have a good day.

Hey Jane!

CarolinaGirl
03-21-2009, 01:02 PM
Morning yall! Happy Saturday!! Had my WI this am, down 1.8 from last week. Anyone have any fun plans for today? The most "fun" I will be having is to get all my house work finished so I can relax and do nothing! Hope everyone has a great day. :hug:

shrinking me
03-21-2009, 03:40 PM
Candy that was a great WI. It feel so great when the scale moves.

shrinking me
03-21-2009, 03:53 PM
I thought I would show off my favorite Kitty friend he is a Maine Coon with poly feet. His name is Silvester however I call him many silly names at the moment is is skanesska noodle. I kept him at first because he was my black standard poodles little buddy they played and played. Then I fell in love with him he is my cuddle bug. Maine Coons are very dog like they taught the poodles how to play fetch.
It is gloomy here today and I am hoping the storm coming tomorrow will not give me a migraine.
My 22 yo Daughter is on her way to help plant veggies. How you all have a great day, Victoria

CarolinaGirl
03-21-2009, 06:42 PM
That is a very pretty kitty Victoria! Our kitty is a Tortishell rescue from the shelter. She is short haired and very calm for a kitty. Silvester is a very suiting name for him! Happy planting!!!!

luckycharm
03-21-2009, 08:39 PM
Hi everyone

Candy good job with the weigh in. Did you get your housework done? I am trying to get mine done also, but I don't have much motivation today. I am trying to get some spring cleaning done before we go on vacation next week. Are you starting to feel more like yourself? Can you breath now?

Victoria what a handsome boy you have there. How did he teach the dogs to fetch? Did your daughter make it over to plant some veggies with you? My fingers are crossed that you will not get a migrane. I have actually been sending you good vibes that you will not get any more migranes.

Brittany how are you? What have you been up to?

Jane how is your weekend going?

Trish how is your 3 hour diet going? I came across a book while I was babysitting my nephews called the Eat - Clean Diet. The website is eatcleandiet.com. It is about eating every 2.5 to 3 hours. I am going to give it a try and see what happens.

Sue - Discipline? Well that explains my problem. I have absolutely no discipline, and no willpower. I have lots of good intentions though. You must be looking foreward to bike riding weather. Does your hubby ride with you?

Well I must get back to the housework. I guess that I should probably make something for supper also.

Later ladies.

shrinking me
03-22-2009, 03:59 AM
Kathy your kind help means a lot to me :hug:
:hug:I did pretty well I took an Imitrex about 5pm I was able to nip it. We cleared off a big mound and planted some eggplant the skinny type with some beet seeds that are all colors they will be done and give the eggplant more space. Next round will be chard. radishes and flowers. This area is nice rich soil and is on a micro drip line that goes on with the lawn timer. Monday I will plant a mix of purple beens, peas. pea pods and morning glories. They will go on a wall with a nylon trellis . I have to make sure it does not invade the climbing rose bush. This area looked/looks I forgot it be cause I did. My health kept me in for a long time and my daughter that helps me has not lived at home for 4 years. Now bless her heart she loves to come and help mom. She is a good girl we are very close. When I first became ill she was 12. She took over the cooking for 2 years. As well as many other things I was married so we could afford a Mexican woman to come in daily and clean for an hour or 2 and she also took my daughter to per school. She was my angle. I was only 115 lb at 5'8" I was way too thin. Tonight my Daughter is off to spend so time with her Brother in LA he is 28.
It is nice to have adult kids.
Well good night all I hope we are all slimmer tomorrow.

CarolinaGirl
03-23-2009, 01:52 PM
Hey Kathy! I did get all my housework finished! And it is AMAZING how much better I can smell things. Never knew how much I couldn't actually..... Gonna make me a few hanging baskets for my front porch this afternoon when I get home from work. Where ya going on vacation? I sure need one!
Hi everyone

Candy good job with the weigh in. Did you get your housework done? I am trying to get mine done also, but I don't have much motivation today. I am trying to get some spring cleaning done before we go on vacation next week. Are you starting to feel more like yourself? Can you breath now?

Victoria what a handsome boy you have there. How did he teach the dogs to fetch? Did your daughter make it over to plant some veggies with you? My fingers are crossed that you will not get a migrane. I have actually been sending you good vibes that you will not get any more migranes.

Brittany how are you? What have you been up to?

Jane how is your weekend going?

Trish how is your 3 hour diet going? I came across a book while I was babysitting my nephews called the Eat - Clean Diet. The website is eatcleandiet.com. It is about eating every 2.5 to 3 hours. I am going to give it a try and see what happens.

Sue - Discipline? Well that explains my problem. I have absolutely no discipline, and no willpower. I have lots of good intentions though. You must be looking foreward to bike riding weather. Does your hubby ride with you?

Well I must get back to the housework. I guess that I should probably make something for supper also.

Later ladies.

luckycharm
03-23-2009, 02:59 PM
Just a quick pop in here. Babysitting my sick Grandaughter. She has discovered the joy of cookbooks. We are cuddled up on the couch looking at the pictures in the cookbook, and she points to some and says nummies. I think she has a sweet tooth just like her Nana and Mommy. :lol:

pattygirl63
03-23-2009, 04:57 PM
:wave:Hi Everyone,

Candy- CONGRATULATIONS on the weight loss. Glad you are feeling better too and that you smell is back. You are doing great.

Ruth- So good to hear from you. I understand about taking time to pay off credit card etc with the economy as it is these days. Glad you have options. I haven't been on the bike much as I had a pulled muscle in my back but trying to move more.

Kathy- My 3 hour diet is coming along pretty well. I think I've lost my first 10 lbs (of course they are recycle and don't really count as real loss yet). I weighed yesterday and think I will go back to Sunday's being my WI day. I have to lose about 6 more pounds to get rid of those recycled ones and then I will be back into virgin territory. That is when I'll know this really works. I looked up the website eatclean.com and signed up for the newsletter.

I've been reading different threads to see what is working for others. I ordered 2 books this morning that I read about here on 3fc. They are by Anne Fletcher. One is Thin for Life and the other is Eating Thin for Life. She talked to people who have successfully lost weight and kept it off and wrote their stories so you get ideas that can help you create your own way of eating to change your lifestyle of eating and be successful losing and keeping it off. I read somewhere in the research that there are more people being successful at keeping their weight off once they lose something like 20% now. I'm eating intuitively every 2.5 to 3 hours and I am counting calories. Yes,:?:SURPRISE, SURPRISE. Me the one who didn't want to count anything. It just happened. One day I decided it was easy to count calories these days since they are on almost everything you buy to eat. I am doing what they call Calorie Shifting and so far it is working. Some days I eat more calories or less than others. Some eat up to 2000 calories one day a week, but I choose not to ever go over what I would normally for weight loss which would be 1600 calories a day. They say don't ever eat less than 1200 calories in one day. So I make my shift or zig zag between 1200 to 1600 calories. I did try eating close to 1800 yesterday and was up 1 lb so I'm thinking I either got some extra salt somewhere or I am not one of those how can go over 1600 and lose. From what I understand, this tricks the bodies metabolism so that it doesn't really know you are dieting and it burns fat. As long as it works, I don't really care how it works.LOL

Well, I will close. So glad spring is here as it makes you feel like doing more and being more active.

Have a great day everybody!!! And to all those I didn't name--:wave:

luckycharm
03-23-2009, 05:20 PM
Trish - I know that I should count my calories but I am scared to. I am sure that my bite of this and taste of that really add up. I do know though that this is what my problem is, and when I work out on the treadmill, I truly do figure that this gives me extra calories that I can eat, as I did actually burn some off....I love your recycled weight name. I have recycled the last 20 lbs a few times too many.

It is parent teacher interviews today, so I must get into town....

shrinking me
03-24-2009, 02:09 AM
Kathy my cats love to play fetch so when my Poodle was a pup he watched the the kitties I must say it was very funny. My cats are quite large the boys are 20 to 30 lb so they were bigger than my Standard Poodle.

I would rather count points than calories It helps me choose better food. Higher fiber and lower fat. Also with the ww plan it lets you eat more for exersize if you want. There is a good point calculator on line. http://www.webmilhouse.com/pointcalc.php
How many points you eat is based on how much you weigh how old you are and how active you are. As you loose weight you also loose points.

luckycharm
03-25-2009, 11:38 AM
Just popping in to wish everyone a happy Wednesday. I will be back after I get the kids out the door.

shrinking me
03-25-2009, 02:46 PM
I just foundout I have a thyroid condition called Hashimoto's it may be the reason I gained 60lb in about 8 months I am hoping with the treatment and WW I will really get the weight off for good. My mother and both my siblings have this problem and my estranged sister just told me to look into it at my mothers party. Sooooo 100lb later I find out I do have it. So many of the symptoms are the same as fibromyalgia I am thinking I may just fel a heck of a lot better.
My Doc is looking into the latest greatest treatment and will proceed from there.
The weather is just beautiful here yesterday I planted lettuces a mixture of French greens that you can eat as babies or wait for the heads to form. I also bought a roma tomato plant. I planted peas and purple bean's with morning glory on a garden wall. I think it will be pretty It is still to cool at night to put some seens in the ground so I started them in trays.
I hope you all have a nice day, Victoria

luckycharm
03-26-2009, 05:11 PM
Victoria - :hug: to you. I am sorry that you have a thyroid condition, but I am glad that they found out that you have it so that it can be treated. :hug: Let us know how everything goes. How long ago were you diagnosed with fibromyalgia?

Well it will be nice when all your plants start sprouting. I hope that within the next few weeks that I will be able to get my little garden spot started so that I can plant a little garden this year.

Well, I must run into town and grab the little guy from school. Chat with you all later.

shrinking me
03-27-2009, 05:54 PM
Kathy I was diagnosed 11 years ago my youngest was just 3. I am looking forward to my little sprouts coming up too.
What is the weather like in your area ?
We are having warn days but much cooler nights. I was told the soil is not yet warm enough to sprout most seeds it is hard to understand that when the days are in the low 80's.
well I am off to get cat food Victoria

luckycharm
03-27-2009, 06:42 PM
Hi everyone.

Hope everyone is out enjoying the nice weather. It is a little quiet around here.

Victoria I am so looking foreward to nice weather next week. Here it is 40 degrees here. It will stay that way for the next month, and then it will slowly start to warm up. I was going to ask what is the name of the poodles that are large? I saw one on TV and was surprised to see such a big one.

Hello to Candy, Jane, Sue, Trish, Brittany, Jen, Ruth... Pop in and let us know how you are doing.

shrinking me
03-28-2009, 12:21 AM
There are 3 sizes of poodles toy's are up to 10" at the top of their front shoulder they from 10" to 15" Mine are standard poodles they have to be at least 15 " my female is 23" and my boys are 28" and 29"+ the largest is still growing. They are hunting dogs, duck retrievers. They were bred down in size to make lap dogs for fancy ladies lol. The trim is to cover the vital organs and joints as they often swam in cold water to retrieve the ducks. They have hair not fur and it does not shed any more than we do. They do have to be trimmed about every 6 weeks mine are all cropped short right now Obviously I have become addicted to them.
They are very loving and cuddly that is probably why they were use to breed down in the first place. I have to keep telling mine they are not lap dogs but they don't buy it. This is a photo of them with long hair.

luckycharm
03-28-2009, 01:06 AM
Victoria - Yes, that must be the size that I saw. I didn't realize that they were actually such a big dog...(as compared to the lap size). I really would like one of them, but my family does not consider them an acreage type dog. Are they good with kids? That is one good thing about my daughters Yorkies is that they don't shed either. I would consider that they have a very silky hair also instead of fur. I will try and post a picture of our Henry, he looks very funny right now, as the Vet told her that she should keep his hair trimmed around his mouth as it promotes bad teeth, so she shaved his face, but left his hair long everywhere else. Poor boy has been laughed at this week. :rofl: Do your dogs hog your bed or sleep on the floor?

shrinking me
03-28-2009, 03:19 PM
Kathy I will send you a link to the parents of my poodle Bear. I let my dogs sleep with me they all three snuggle up to me as close as they can. Then there are the cats and kittens LOL My kittens love to sleep on BoBo he is the black boy they think he is their private heating pad. He does not mind a bit.

luckycharm
03-28-2009, 10:32 PM
Victoria :lol:

I hope that you have a big bed. :lol: It was nice and peacefull here last night, as our dogs are at DD friends house. Good thing that I warned her that they go out for a midnight pee at 1:30 am.

Thanks for the links. They are beautiful dogs. How is your daughter doing? (Youngest one that lives at home) Have you done any mother and daughter outings lately? When we get back from our vacation I am going to take my daughter and the little guy to go see the movie Monsters Vs Aliens. Looks like it should be a good one.

Well I must run. I will be gone all next week as we are going on vacation. I hope that everyone has a great week. I will think of you all while I am gone.

:grouphug:

luckycharm
04-01-2009, 03:07 AM
HEY WHERE IS EVERYONE??

Victoria - I am loving the California weather. We did however get a little sunburned yesterday. Put on some extra strength sunscreen today. We went to Huntington Beach yesterday. Disneyland today, and we plan on going to Universal Studios tomorrow. You live in a beautiful state. I could
easily get used to this weather.

OK here we go....
Jane how are you doing? Are you babysitting the girls? What have you been up to lately?

Sue how are you doing? How long until you get some bike riding weather? Hope all is well with you and your family.

Trish how are you doing? Whats up in your corner of the world? What have you been busy doing?

Brittany how is the moving going? Have you had time to do anything other than packing? Do you and your hubby have any plans for any road trips on your bikes?

Candy - How are you feeling? What have you been up to? What is your weather like where you live? I have to say I love California weather, but it would probably be way to warm here in the summer.

Victoria - Do you show your dogs? My DD really wanted to show her dogs, however they are both too big. How is your family doing?

Jen - Hello what have you been up to? Meet any hot guys at the gym?

Ok I have run out of computer time, but I think I forgot someone. I am sorry if I did it was not intentional. It is a result of your incredibly cheap price of wine here.

Anyway, I'll chat with you all later.

Jane
04-01-2009, 11:25 AM
It's April! See you at the new thread. :wave: