South Beach Diet - Wintery Weekend Chat

View Full Version : Wintery Weekend Chat

cottagebythesea
02-28-2009, 06:45 AM
Good morning Chicklets! I thought I'd get up early and sneak downstairs for a quiet cup of coffee before the girls wake up, but Amber heard me and is sitting by my side enjoying the smilies. :)
Amber and Carley spent the night with us last night, so we turned it into a slumber party. Luckily, both girls fell asleep shortly after 9, and stayed asleep all night. ;) We're going to take them out for a pancake breakfast this morning, and Grandpop promised them a trip to the toy store, too. :dizzy:

This may be the last day of February, but March is coming in like a lion. We're supposed to get a sleet storm overnight, and then a big snow storm is making it's way here for Sunday night and into Monday. :tantrum:

Well, Carley just came downstairs, so the day has started!

Ruthxxx
02-28-2009, 06:52 AM
Good morning, Cottage, Amber and Carley. Smilies are fun!

It's very cold but clear here this morning, a huge change from yesterday! The lake that formed in the yard from melting snow is now a skating rink.

Today is going to be another quiet day - I'm starting to like this! I may start pulling tax stuff together. I'll either do it myself or pass it on to my financial guy in Ottawa. Actually, I'll probably do it myself. I've been doing my own since Dad taught me when I was 15. Harry's final return will be a bit different but I'm sure I can handle it.

On the other hand, maybe I can figure out something more fun to do today!

CyndiM
02-28-2009, 07:08 AM
Good morning Chicks :coffee2: Can I just say that I'm getting mighty tired of wintery weekends and am more than ready for warm wonderful weekends?! Just saying...

Cottage - have fun with the grandkids :) Sounds like a nice way to start the weekend.

Ruth - How lovely to have a day of your own :) Is there something more exciting than poop patrol?!

I've realized that I need to stop feeling sorry for myself and get back on plan before things get any worse. I haven't been able to exercise as much as I'd like to and no weights or yoga for weeks so I need to be more creative and keep my calories under control! I've been feeding my frustration with food, never a good thing. It was clear in PT yesterday that this could take awhile so I need to get back to a long term plan. I know if I tell all of you I'll stick to it too ;)

I think we are going to try heading to Northampton for an anniversary lunch date (11 years since we started dating) then over to Trader Joe and Whole Foods. This might test my resolve to act like a grown-up because I probably can't do all that driving and will need to let DP drive (I always drive). It's not easy being stubborn ;)

Since it's the weekend there will be cooking too. I'm thinking crockpot chili today and vegetable curry tomorrow. They will both make great leftovers for the week. I also need to make bread, refried beans and maybe some Nessa bars. We are figuring out what we need for a 2 outside job family for the week :)

What's on your list for the weekend?

Ruthxxx
02-28-2009, 07:12 AM
Refried beans! Thanks Cyndi. That's what I'll do with the overstock of red onions.

Skinnybride
02-28-2009, 08:02 AM
Morning chicks, Raining here again today and tomorrow is suppose to be icy snowy and just plain messy I'm so ready for spring to be able to get outside.
Hope ya'll have a good weekend

Schmoodle
02-28-2009, 08:45 AM
Good morning chicks. I haven't checked the weather yet, but if cottage is going to get it then I probably am too.
Way busy day today. I've got to help DH get the old furniture loaded to go to the dump, then while he's off picking up the new stuff, I want to get the carpet in there shampooed. DD has to be at the GS cookie booth sale from 11 - 12, and after I need to pick up the cakes I ordered for tonight. Then I've got a hair appt (way overdue, I look like a skunk!) this afternoon, and I need to find something to tropical to wear to the Volunteer Banquet tonight (luau theme). I kinda wish I didn't have to go, but as a hostess I guess I'm obligated.

good morning to you and the girls cottage, enjoy your pancake breakfast and don't let grandpa spoil them too much!
Wanna trade days Ruth? I'd rather do your taxes and I know how you like to go go go!
Hang in there Cyndi, warm weather is coming. DH and I have driving issues too. Now that he is turning into an old man, he is starting to drive like one too. Since I spent so many years as an extreme commuter and dealing with the DC beltway, I am the opposite. It drives both of us crazy to have the other one driving.
Good morning skinnybride!

Well, I'm thinking leftover taco bake for breakfast and then I'd better get moving!

Kim_Star060404
02-28-2009, 08:46 AM
Hi, Cottage, Amber and Carley! Sounds like a wonderful morning has been planned for the three of you and Grandpop! Enjoy and I hope you're all safely at home before the messy stuff hits tonight!

Good morning, Ruth! Enjoy your nothing-planned day! There are some days when that's just what we need. I'm hoping to not have too much going on today, but the to-do list in my head keeps growing!

Cyndi: :hug: I know you'll do great getting things back on track with your eating to help make up the difference from your lack of workouts lately. You're always so determined and willing to make things work! I hope you and DP enjoy your date today! Happy Anniversary! :hat:

Skinnybride: Have a great morning! I'm with you on wanting Spring to be here!

ETA: Good morning, Schmoodle! I hope you find lots of happy moments to make your busy day seem not-so-bad! Enjoy your luau tonight, but I hope you get home before any of that nasty weather hits!!!

Well, I'm baaaack! Internet was $12.95 a day at our hotel and I'm not going to be writing a check to the office for that! Thanks for all the well-wishes with regards to my test yesterday! I finished it in an hour and 45 minutes and got a 96%. It was TOUGH and I spent a lot of studying, but it did pay off!

The hotel we stayed at was very nice, newly remodeled, with a gym, indoor pool, hot tub and laundry room on our floor. My eating was 50/50, but I did get quite a few great workouts in. I was also able to do all my laundry except for what I was wearing, so all I have this morning is DH's laundry. :carrot:

Our income tax refund just cleared, so I'll be working on the budget, getting avon orders processed and cleaning today. If I can get it all done, tomorrow will be a relaxing day!!

CyndiM
02-28-2009, 09:02 AM
:woohoo: :congrat::cheer3:Yay Kim! Bet you're glad to have that behind you. :cheer2::congrat:

Schmoodle - You're FINALLY getting that new furniture! Can't wait to see pics :)

Okay, off to do day things :)

Schmoodle
02-28-2009, 09:04 AM
Kim, congratulations!! You must be feeling great right now. We are proud of you.

elusivekoolaid
02-28-2009, 09:36 AM
Afternoon, chix! :broc:

Cottage: Pancake breakfast sounds nice! I miss the pancake houses we get back home. Over here it's a full scottish which consists of (hope you're sitting down): bacon, eggs, black pudding, potato scones, some other form of potato, fried halved tommies, mushrooms, sausage (links and square) and baked beans. ~sigh~ It's a calorie and protein o rama!

Ruth: Tax stuff. Yuck :p I need to do mine too although it's a waste of time. Since I'm a US citizen in Scotland I still have to let Uncle Sam know I haven't won the lottery or had any earnings over 80K. Good luck with yours!

Cyndi: Good luck with all your cooking and enjoy your anniversary meal!

Skinny: Hope warmer temps start coming your way!!!

Schmoodle: I hope you get done all you need to! Good luck finding a tropical outfit. I would love to attend a luau and at least pretend it's hot outside!!!

Kim: Congrats on your exam!!! It's always a good feeling to know your hard work has paid off!!!

As for me...still recovering from tonsilitus. I think I'm starting to lose my voice, which should please DH ;) DH has been more of a darn than a dear lately and as the scottish say is really starting to get on my wick! We have a 40th next Friday to attend so I need to go out and buy a present for DH's cousin. Woo hoo I can't wait (that was full of sarcasm, btw). I better get to it or else I'll never get it done. ~sigh~ Good times.

Schmoodle
02-28-2009, 11:11 AM
Cyndi, forgot to say Happy Anniversary!
Hi Jenne, maybe DH needs a good kick in the butt...

cottagebythesea
02-28-2009, 12:58 PM
Quickie check-in.

Kim, CONGRATULATIONS on your test!!!!!! That's an awesome score, and all your hard work really paid off!

Cyndi, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you and Julie! I hope you are doing something fun!

I told the girls they weren't allowed to say Grandmom for five minutes, and my time is up. BBL!

rdw1
02-28-2009, 02:14 PM
Cottage- enjoy your day with the gals! Try to stay warm, spring is almost here!!!

Ruth- I hope you at least find something more fun to do than taxes to spend at least part of your day doing ;)

Cyndi- Happy anniversary to you both!!! and were here to give ya a good kick when ya need it! Im getting back on track as well, and I will be appreciative of a good kick as well!!!!

Skinnybride-:wave:

Schmoodle- have you thought about donating your furniture? I know our salvation army will even pick up unwanted furniture free of charge... then you don't have to even haul it off!!! can't wait to see pics of the new stuff~!

Kim- WTG on your test! I hate when hotels charge for internet! so rediculous!

Elusive- hope you feel better soon, and dh tones it down a bit ;)

Me- I just got back from the biggest loser audition thingy... didn't have to wait in line so yeay~! the line was HUGE... at least a couple blocks long! they will be doing callbacks this weekend so we shall see! On the agenda today is getting my oil changed, sprucing up the guest bedroom as we may be having some overnight company... run to the store for a few things, and just cleaning up a bit... Our friends are coming in to watch a hockey game so we may go out downtown with them tonight so I was sure to eat light for lunch in case we go out to dinner.., I will not overdo it tonight but tomorrow is a new month, new beginning for me... I feel like I say that all the time but I really think I am mentally prepared for it this time! Spring is almost here- I need to look more like I am ready for it!:carrot:

CyndiM
02-28-2009, 04:46 PM
Rikki - Let's make a deal - If you kick me in the butt I'll return the favor ;) If I'm going to be honest I have to admit my ticker is lying a bit right now :( March weight loss goal here I come!

Jenny - I've heard about those Scottish breakfasts :eek: Hope you get some time this weekend for resting and recuperating.

Cottage - Sounds exhausting and fun :)

Ruth - We do love refried beans around here. Hope you enjoy yours. Sounds like a good way to use up some onions. Did you sneak a nap in?

Schmoodle - I prefer my own driving, my own cooking.... I may be a bit of a pain ;)

Had a nice run to Trader Joe's and a lovely lunch out. I think lunch was a little more fat than I usually have though (greens obviously sauteed in oil & too much yummy salad dressing) so I'm off to the treadmill for a long one.

TwynnB
02-28-2009, 04:48 PM
I found this thread on another forum...thought you guys would get a kick out of it...it made me laugh :)).

http://www.city-data.com/forum/diet-weight-loss/573909-flax-seeds.html

rdw1
02-28-2009, 05:45 PM
Cyndi- I am sooo in! :) I need a good kick every now and again! Starting tomorrow I am going to be posting my meals... I will probably do like zeff did, instead of just posting dinner in the dinner thread I will post all three meals... My ticker is no longer right either... half way thru feb I was more than half way to my feb goal and then I slipped. dangit! Off to make a new honest one for March!

twynn- lol... good advice, no? lol

Ruthxxx
02-28-2009, 06:04 PM
Good grief! March 1 is tomorrow. I need to set up our targets.

No nap and no taxes but I made a quilt top for Victoria's Quilts today! If I can figure out the borders and bung them on tomorrow, I can take it to the Monday meeting for pinning and machine quilting. It feels good to have accomplished something! Didn't do the beans but did do all the bird feeders.

Pearlrose
02-28-2009, 07:06 PM
Good evening,

Tried to get on early an post but kept getting interrupted.

Sounds like everyone had a busy day today.

I worked out this morning, then did deep cleaning of house and then went and got a new mattress for my bed. Finally am relaxing and enjoying the evening.

Hope everyone has a great evening and tomorrow.

dreaminstacy67
02-28-2009, 07:47 PM
evening gals... had a lazy start today... went back to bed and slept in.. then got up and cleaned.... rearranged, put stuff away, organized, gave the dawg a shave, then cleaned up a mess of water... brady thought he could make an ice rink on the kitchen floor.... i couldnt even give him heck, he showed initiative and creativity lololol... all in all i productive day... hope 2moro goes as well.... i want john to move this kitchen counter to over in front of the window... put a larger top on and make an eat-in kitchen, then paint the kitchen red lol. red's my favourite colour and its always been my dream to have a red kitchen and red living room... ah heck to be honest i want the whole house red.. a nice red tho... kinda dark... like wine... anyways im rambeling lol... hope you all had a great start to your weekend.... chat again 2moro..

stacy xox

zeffryn
02-28-2009, 07:58 PM
Kim - CONGRATS!

-
I just made 15 hamburgers for guests that aren't arriving :( They called another one of our friends (?) and told them that their daughter was acting up and weren't going to be able to make it. Would have been nice for them to call the actual hosts...whatever.

I was supposed to bake with her and her daughter tonight while the guys went to see some fights. I'm ok with it as I kind of feel like having a night to myself (well...kids too). Calvin can help me bake and then I'm going to watch movies in bed. Sounds like a perfect evening, although DH feels bad about leaving now that I don't have plans.

To me, nothing *IS* a plan. ;)

I wanted to get to the nursery today but it was rainy - maybe tomorrow. I need to plan what perennials I'm going to be planting this year.

TwynnB
02-28-2009, 10:17 PM
Wow, Zeff, that was pretty rude!

zeffryn
02-28-2009, 10:48 PM
Twynn - I'm not all that surprised. Honestly, I'm okay with them not coming over. Their daughter is a mega handful and is pretty mean to Calvin sometimes. I wasn't really in the mood for dealing with that tonight.

We had a good time baking together, then I gave him a bath (Dad usually does it) and finished a chapter in Narnia with him. He fell asleep during the story but woke up if I would stop to check that I wasn't ending early :)

I just finished cleaning up the kitchen and putting the caramelitas away (I wrapped them individually and put them in the freezer - DH can take them out as he pleases). I'm going to go to bed until Connor wakes up again.

Nighty night, girls!

Barb0522
02-28-2009, 10:54 PM
Tomorrow is going to be a very busy day. I'm meeting with my lawyer at 8AM at Cracker Barrel to go over the revised divorce decree. He wants me to see it before it's presented to Robert. Hopefully this will start moving quickly now. Then I'm supposed to meet a guy at the Scout warehouse to give him the BB guns and goggles. I set that up for 10:30 so that Brian could get done with Sunday school but I'm going to have to have him skip that so I can meet with my lawyer. I'm guessing he has court on Monday which is why he wants to meet on a Sunday. He's a friend of Don's so I do get to talk to him at night and on the weekend.

Then when I get home from the warehouse, Brian and I will get some lunch and we're heading to Camp Wolfgang. It's a German Shepherd rescue shelter that has 23 acres and hundreds of rescued dogs. They won't be able to check with our vet until Monday so we can't take a dog home but we should be able to pick one out. It's about an hour from our house so it will be hard to get back to get the dog until next weekend but that's okay since it will give me time to get everything we need.

I'm glad I got grocery shopping done tonight so I dont' have to fit that in tomorrow too.

Ruthxxx
03-01-2009, 06:52 AM
Morning, Beachies. It's very cold here so I guess March is in like a lion. We won't be back to above freezing temps until next weekend. :(

Church this morning with a christening. Then I'm coming home to finish that quilt top and vacuum the rugs. Fur from dog play fights and bits from quilting have made my carpets into shag rugs!

Busy week ahead so I need to be ready for a running start. How does your "day of rest" look? :cofdate:

Barb0522
03-01-2009, 08:18 AM
Morning, Ruth, and all those still to come. Brian is up and dressed and eating breakfast and I'll leave in a few minutes to meet with my lawyer for breakfast. I'm not crazy about leaving him so long but I can't really take him with me to talk about the divorce. He's responsible so I know he will be fine and he doesn't mind being alone.

Pearlrose
03-01-2009, 08:25 AM
Good morning all,

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday today.

Agenda for today is Church and then looking at new cell phones its time to renew our contract and the kids are excited. Not me so much, new phones are kinda of expensive, but I promised them they could get a new one since they have been taking care of their old ones.

I am sore from exercise yesterday but that is a good feeling, I know I am weird.

Have a good day everyone

zeffryn
03-01-2009, 09:29 AM
Morning, girls.

Not much on the agenda so far - maybe a trip to the park or the bookstore.

I have to get DS1's room cleaned and organized as well. When we moved in, we just put all of his toys in there. Now, they are everywhere and it's too chaotic and he doesn't like to play in there. I think we're going to cull a few toys as well.

no idea on breakfast...

Schmoodle
03-01-2009, 09:31 AM
Hello chickies, After yesterday, today is stay-at-home-and-get-things-done day. Cleaning and laundry have suffered greatly. The furniture is in and it looks great. It's so heavy though, way heavier than what it replaced. Hopefully these old beams can take it. I'll try to get a pic later, once nobody is sitting on it. The chair is a really comfy recliner, which I don't mind because it doesn't look at all like a lazboy, and it's obviously going to be everybody's favorite spot, including the cats.
The banquet was nice last night. got to catch up with some folks I hadn't seen in a little while.
I never did get to the grocery store though, so that's another thing for today's agenda.

Hey Barb, hope things go well with the attorney and he can get the divorce moving ahead for you. I think my guys are about the same age as Brian, and I've started leaving them alone for short periods of time. I know I can trust them and they do fine. Of course they get the lecture every time re: the phone, the door, emergency operations. They're like yeah, yeah, we get it already!
Ruth, you should take a pic of the quilt top for us!
Hope you enjoyed your peaceful evening zeff.
Stacy, I love red too, it doesn't look good on me, so I use it in the house. I love those deep rich colors. I wanted a red sofa, but not this time - some day!
I'll join the lying ticker and butt kicking club Cyndi and rdw. I guess I need to break down and change it. I figured the few I picked up over the holidays would be gone again so quickly I wouldn't need to bother, but it hasn't happened so far.
rose, you've got a nice new mattress to rest those aching muscles - good for you!

ETA: Twynn, I just checked out your link LOL!

cottagebythesea
03-01-2009, 09:36 AM
Good morning and greetings to a brand new month. :) March is coming in like a lion, we had snow overnight and it's icy and slick out this morning. We get to dry out for a short time today before a blizzard is due overnight and into tomorrow. Winter wants one last fling before it makes it exit, I guess.

We took the girls out to Cracker Barrel before dropping off Amber at home, and Monica and Eric are coming out to get Carley right after church. They won't be staying since they want to make it home before it starts snowing again. New Jersey is supposed to get up to 14"!

Skinnybride
03-01-2009, 09:48 AM
Morning, We are suppose to get snow here tonite 2-4 inches we will see need to run to the grocery store in a bit other than that a quiet day, may give the furbaby a bath, haircut, and toenail trim, hes not going to be happy about that lol

Kim_Star060404
03-01-2009, 10:28 AM
Good morning, everyone! I should be in the shower for church already, but I wanted to stop by and say, "Hello!" I hope you're all having a blessed morning!

rdw1
03-01-2009, 11:32 AM
Schmoodle- I know we'll be more than happy to give ya a :kick: whenever ya need it! lol... do any of you blog on the site here? I have Kims linked to mine but I believe that is the only SBer I have...

Today is only supposed to get to 40- and we were supposed to get a couple inches of snow last night and of course we didn't!!!!! We ended up going out with some friends last night and I got pulled over on my way downtown. end of the month quota I am guessing. they had me and 2 other people pulled over at the same time I am guessing for the same thing. I turned right(on red, which is normally legal here) where I wasn't supposed to. I didn't see the signs and they weren't showing any slack-obviously with 3 pulled over!!! 92 bucks for that! Its not like anything was coming either... grrrr... oh well... what can you do... anywho- hope you guys get less snow than they are predicting:)

On the agenda today is-cleaning up a bit, either going to the gym or walking outside, walmart, and a couple loads of laundry... I may start the seeds I bought last week as well...

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Skinnybride
03-01-2009, 04:00 PM
Well we have a nice little coating of snow on the ground

CyndiM
03-01-2009, 05:30 PM
We are anticipating yet another big storm here. The biggest storms always seem to be in March but every year I think spring will come early ;)

Zeff - Sounds like you and Calvin had a nice evening :)

Barb - Good luck :crossed: I hope this is just about over for you.

Ruth - Hope you snuck in a little relaxing time today in preparation for the busy week

Pearl - I don't think that's weird (which might worry you!). I have learned to enjoy that well exercised feeling too.

Schmoodle - Hey we have two legs each so plenty of butt kicking to go around ;) Before we know it the shorts will come out of storage. It's time to get this thing under control again.

Cottage - Did your snow start yet? Ours is coming in late tonight.

Kim - :wave: Hope you had a good day

Rikki - Sounds like your day was as exciting as mine ;) How was the eating?

Bride - Could you keep the snow there instead of letting it come here?!

I am actually planning a snow day and will be disappointed if I don't get one. I actually left some of my list for tomorrow ;)

Hope you all have a safe, relaxing evening

Barb0522
03-01-2009, 06:04 PM
My lawyer and I reviewed the changes Robert wanted and he just needs to do a little cleanup on it and then hopefully I can get Robert to sign it. The only area of contention is that Robert wants the family violence section removed and my lawyer says we can't.

Brian and I adopted a dog today! Travis is a 2.5 year old German Shepherd. He's small - about 50 pounds which is perfect for a mostly indoor dog. He leaves the cats alone and is great with Brian. He even heels so he's had some obedience training in the past which means Brian can walk him easily. He has just been treated for heartworms and is still on antibiotics but he is a beautiful rescue dog. I'm so glad they let us take him home today since it's an hour to the shelter.

Skinnybride
03-01-2009, 06:21 PM
Cindi I'd love to keep the snow here we've had one dusting this year i'd at least like a couple inches for some pretty pictures.

cottagebythesea
03-01-2009, 07:30 PM
Cyndi, it hasn't started snowing here yet, but it's getting closer so we're due to get it any time now. I'm anticipating a snow day tomorrow, too, and I'll be really disappointed if it doesn't happen. I could use another day off after this busy weekend.

dreaminstacy67
03-01-2009, 09:51 PM
oh my... i just realized my 2 weeks are up!! i start ph2 2moro!! im scared lol... but excited at the same time... trying to figure out what i should add.. an apple maybe? any suggestions are appreciated... thanks in advance
stacy xxx

zeffryn
03-01-2009, 11:10 PM
hey guys. Posted a video of the baby on youtube - I'll throw the link up if anybody is interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfnJ2_9Vucw

rdw1
03-02-2009, 01:29 AM
Cyndi- for day 1 my eating was pretty good, ate too much fat but my calories came in at right about 1400... will work on less fat tomorrow- its those darned cheese and eggs :) I hope you get the snow day you are hoping for tomorrow!

Zeff- the little one is such a cutie!

Barb- sounds like things are moving along for you! Would love to see pics of the dog! Are you still having to keep him very calm because of the heartworm treatment?

Stacy- gl on starting p2! check out the FAQ section about it- pretty interesting, although everyone is different- that will give you a better idea on where to start!

Cottage- stay warm! and I hope you get the snow day you're hoping for as well!

Well, I am off to hit the hay- I have been soooo lethargic today and now my throat is sore- sure hope I am not catching or trying to fight something off- well if I did catch something I hope I am fighting it off, but you knew what I meant! lol Hoping for some warmer weather tomorrow, lots of errands to run.. I planted about 30 tomato seeds, and 20 mixed pepper seeds today so I am going to see if I can find a grow light for them tomorrow! I am still trying to talk dh into a raised bed but not sure if that is going to happen or not...