Old 02-27-2009, 02:34 PM   #1  
starwish

S/C/G: 185/142/120

Height: 5'5

Thumbs down need help getting back on track!

hieeeeeeeeee! how do you guys get back on track? this summer i got down to 130lbs using deit pills and not eatting. since winter i started eating and stopped using diet pills and im back to 150. and to top it all off i cant get back on track AT ALL!
starwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:27 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Well for one- you should look at what you are eating and how many calories you are taking in. If you are eating a lot of junk and are eating out- then you need to stop- it's just going to make you gain it all back. Then start looking into working out a few times a week, you don't have to join a gym, but get some runs in, buy a workout DVD, something.

I did diet pills and I'd lose and gain and lose and gain because I didn't want to stop eating junk- now I'm going the healthy and slow way and it's working- you only have 20-30 lbs, I suggest getting a daily tracker like sparkpeople.com or I think the other is fitday.com- and track your calories- you may be surprised to find you are taking in a LOT of calories. Eat more nutrient rich foods instead of low nutrient high calorie foods.

Good luck.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 06:25 PM   #3  

Not eating is never the answer for any long term weight loss. Not only will you most likely gain the weight back and then some, but it's also highly unhealthy and dangerous

To get back on track, pick a calorie limit. Write down what you eat and what you're doing when you are eating to see what sort of patterns you get into when eating. (i.e. eating while bored, emotional eating, etc)

Just stick with it and remember crash diets never work long term. Good Luck!
loveLauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 07:40 PM   #4  

Quote:
Not eating is never the answer for any long term weight loss. Not only will you most likely gain the weight back and then some, but it's also highly unhealthy and dangerous
This is very true. Despite your weight loss this summer, you shouldn't count it as being "on track". Things like that only destroy your body's natural metabolism and make it harder to lose weight and keep it off the right way. I agree that you should start counting calories. Don't go below 1200 calories per day, because it's not safe. Also, try to get some exercise for at least an hour per week if you don't already.
frieden is offline   Reply With Quote