WW Clubs and Groups - FAB & FIT 40'S and 50'S #8 !

View Full Version : FAB & FIT 40'S and 50'S #8 !

Jenny523
02-26-2009, 10:02 PM
My first weigh-in: 10.4 pounds lost! :dancer:

Planned, weighed, measured, cooked, journalled....it worked :D

One day at a time.
~Jen

Sandancy
02-26-2009, 11:30 PM
Hi Jen,

:goodscale:
Such a great start, you know what worked this week.
:bravo:

Here's wishing you another great week :high:

I had a busy day today, at church for a meeting this morning, to the doctor's to get the staples removed, and then spent 8 hours with my mom.

Hi to everyone, hope everyone is having a good week!

:grouphug:

Sandy

Jenny523
02-27-2009, 11:15 PM
Thanks, Sandy :)
How are you feeling? Glad to hear the staples are out.

Sandancy
02-28-2009, 02:09 PM
Hi Jen,

My head is only a little sore where I had the gash, I guess I heal fast. Thank goodness. It was weird being with my mom on Thursday and not even mentioning it. I had decided not to worry her with my injury. She is doing quite well with the pain management right now, so we made it to one of her favorite discount stores and had a casual dinner out together. I think on alternate days she spends a lot of time napping, and I was with her on a good day.

I would love to get back to WW, but until I can I am back on my treadmill at least 2-3 times per week. I think I lost about 1.5 so far.
:tread:

I hope everyone is having a great weekend, we are having a respite from the winter cold until tomorrow when we expect snow and ice.

:grouphug:
Sandy

Jenny523
03-06-2009, 07:22 PM
Very quiet in here! :shrug:

Weigh in for this week resulted in a gain of .2 ...... I was prepared for a small gain after a particularly stressful week, so it was actually better than I expected.

How's everyone doing? Spring is coming, it's 63 degrees here today !

have a great weekend,
Jen

Sandy,
The SUPERBOWL was great. I am still on a high. LOL
I am so glad you are ok. That will make you count blessings for sure. I hate getting older. I will be 50 in 2 weeks. I feel every ache and pain.
I hope your mom is doing better.

Jen,
CONGRATS on your loss. I know you will keep it up. I am so glad you had a great cruise. So romantic.

Dianne,
That is great about the kid's cruise. Where do they teach?

We are still going to the gym. Brittany is going by herself today though because I am so stuffed up. Sinus or a cold? It is March so I will take my pick. :lol:

TTYL,
Terri
I have lost a total of 9# since I started.

short & sassy
03-13-2009, 08:41 AM
Good morning ladies,

I spent a few minutes catching up. Hope everyone is having a good week. It turned cold and rainy here in Louisiana this week. Thank goodness it is Friday, wish it would be warm and pretty this weekend, I have so much to do in the yard!

Jen, your cruise must have been wonderful. How was New Orleans? I haven't been down there since before Katrina. Congrats on your weight loss! I know you must feel good about being in control again! How is your sister? Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Diane, how was Alana's trip! What an awesome gift! Where and what do they teach! Glad the bank incident wasn't as bad as it could have been. The news channels are always full of such horrible things...

Sandy, welcome back...how is your mom. I will also keep your family in my prayers also. My father past away with lung cancer four years ago...I know what dealing with cancer is like and so hope that I never have to deal with it again. But with an ex smoker as a husband and two daughters that smoke, chances are I'll will. Glad you had a good day with her, treasure those moments!

Terri, are you keeping up with Biggest Loser? So many twist and turns this season. Ron is definitely playing the game, and doing a good job of staying and getting some of the stronger players out. Who are your picks for the winner, I'm thinking maybe Kristin or Mike...but of course, Tara is in the lead with the percentage of weight loss.

What else are you watching, I'm keeping track of Amazing Race, Survivor, American Idol, Biggest Loser, and Celebrity Apprentice. Thank goodness for DVR!! LOL

I'm still going to the gym. I haven't had any amazing loses...really haven't focused on food at this point. I'm mostly just trying to make working out a habit....I did measure a few days ago and I have lost about a total of 5 inches in the last 6 weeks. None from the belly though.

Well, it's about time to get ready for work. I hope you all have a great weekend. Talk to your girls later.

Ruth,
I watch all those. I didn't like how Ron just comes out and says Mandi it is your turn to go home. I know it is the game but I don't like how he begs for his son and then preaches. Not my favorite. I used to not like Aubrey and Mandi but they are growing on me, I can't stand Laura and Tara gets on my nerves. Oh and don't get me started on "needs a haircut and new dye job Helen". :lol:
Celebrity Apprentice is fun. Didn't like it past the first one until they brought in the celebrities but I think Deal or No Deal model as a celebrity is a stretch. :carrot:

TTYL,
Terri

short & sassy
03-13-2009, 09:19 PM
Terri,

I pretty much agree with ou on all counts for BL. I can't say I really dislike anyone like I did last season, but I do agree that some get on my nerves more than others. At least there is no totally evil person in the mix!!

I love Celebrity Apprentice, and I liked the regular version also. But I really like Celebrity, it is so telling of personalities. I was so proud of Trace Adkins last season. He did not come across like a Louisiana "redneck". I mean, this guy is from a very small town north of Shreveport! In fact, the video for "Your Gonna Miss That" is set in his hometown of Sarepta. I wasn't ever really a Clint Black fan, but I'm not sure I like what I'm seeing. Talking about the model for Deal or No Deal as a celebrity, what did you think about the girl who was dumped by the "Bachelor" being on Dancing with the Stars, now that is a stretch!! LOL Hey do you know who Jesse James is? I have a bet with my husband that you knew who he was.

Talk to you later,

:lol: Jesse James is in the series Monster Garage and details motorcycles and is married to Sandra Bullock. Do you win? :lol:

I loved Trace Adkins. I could not stand Pierce. I am so glad Andrew Dice Clay left first. What was up with EEE? Poor Scott.
You are right about Biggest Loser, I don't cringe when I see any of them like I did Vicky. I love reality TV.
Terri

short & sassy
03-14-2009, 03:08 PM
LOL, yes I win, can't wait to tell him!!

Yeah, I'm a big reality tv junkie! I'm determined not to add anything else to the list!

So how are your gym workouts going. I just got back earlier from 2 1/2 hours at the gym. I did a step class, then did my strenght training and then went back downstairs and spent 35 minutes on the treadmill. I'll be so glad when I dip below 170 again, but it's taking too long. I'm currently holding around 172 - 173

Well I'm going to check out sparkpeople for the day. Talk to you later and if you hear from Essie, give her my love!

:lol: I am a reality junkie too. Here is my detailed list.
Celebrity Apprentice, Amazing Race, Dancing with the Stars, American Idol,
Biggest Loser,Survivor. That is what is on now. I did watch True Beauty, Big Brother 1-10, So You Think You Can Dance (My all time favorite). I also watched America's Got Talent but I usually got bored half way through. I watched Dance Wars last year with Bruno and Carrie Ann. If it looks interesting I will watch.
I didn't go to the gym but once last week cause I had a horrible cold/sinus flare up. I was foggy and weak and I lost 4 pounds. That was the only good thing. :lol: I am going to go about 3 days this week. That is great about your workouts.

Does anyone on here have facebook? We all joined. Anyone want to be friends?
Terri

short & sassy
03-15-2009, 11:26 PM
I don't have facebook, I do have a myspace page. I haven't gotten brave enought to try to manage another networking site yet.

The race was fun tonight. Running in their underwear was funny. I guess Maurice and I would have had to forfeit on that one!! LOL

I'm watching Apprentice now. Things are still kinda mellow at the moment no excitement yet. I love Jesse James, he is one cool dude. Can't wait to see how this task goes!

I hope you get to the gym this week. Tomorrow I will do Kickboxing, Tuesday Steps, Thursday probably a regular workout of strength training and treadmill. Then I'll probably go back Saturday for step, strength & treadmill...

Have a good week.

short & sassy
03-16-2009, 09:01 AM
Good morning ladies,

Well, I spent most of yesterday with the munchies, I haven't a clue what that was about, maybe boredom? Anyway, this morning I decided to put my treadmill to work and walked for 30 minutes this morning. Tonight I'll go to the gym and do the kickboxing...but I felt that I need to up it a little and do some cardio every morning. Especially considering it may help your brain and I need all the help I can get in that department!!!

How is everybody? Diane? Jen? Sandy? and where is Zoe??? Essie, if you are reading the post, we love you!

Hey Terri, we have Dancing with the Stars is on tonight! I've got my DVR set just in case I'm late getting in from the gym. Well time to get ready for work...talk to you later.

dpadro
03-18-2009, 03:19 PM
Holy Moly! Feels like I haven't been here in a century!:p

Terri & Ruthie - congrats on the exercising - you guys are really going at it!
As for TBL, I too, did not like how Ron just said, Mandy, its your turn to go home -who made him the Chief Kahoona?? lol. The one thing I do like is how they all (on both teams) seem to get along - what a breath of fresh air from Vicky and Heba! I did not like how Helen (Terri, too funny with your description of her :p) ate that cookie to mess Tara up. She cost her $10,000 and while I'm glad Sione won the money, I didn't think that was fair or nice. If the blue team goes to elimination again next week (what else is new?) Ron will probably say, time for you to go Aubrey. I was actually surprised that she wasn't voted out last night. I'd love to see Kristin or Aubrey win but I think it will be Tara or Sione.

Jen - Your cruise and visit to New Orleans sounded wonderful. I'm glad you enjoyed. Nice way for Joe to spend his birthday! Sal & Alana had a great time in Cancun - it was Sal's birthday also. They teach at a Christian school, Gateway Academy on Staten Island. The parents there are really generous. Congrats on your fabulous weight loss, holy moly that was a huge number. Don't you even think about that little old .2 - forget that! Your'e doing great.

Hi Sandy, hope you're doing better. So sorry about your mom, she's in my praryers. Its good that you get to spend time with her.

I seem to have stopped losing, which is a good thing in a weird way (never thought I'd say that). I think I'm pretty stabilized with my sugar, finally.

Es, amiga - how are you doing? Please come in and say hi. :grouphug:

Willie and I are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary (and 30 years together) tomorrow. We are going to see West Side Story (Willie's been dying to see it since he heard it was coming back). We'll also go out to a romantic restaurant for dinner. Should be fun. Wow, where do the years go?

Okay, gotta say bye-bye now. I'll talk to you's soon.

Hugs,
Dianne

short & sassy
03-18-2009, 10:16 PM
Hi girls,

Diane, glad that you have your sugar under control. I know that dealing with it must have been a big adjustment. I know wen we are dieting (or should I say trying to eat healthier) we are constantly thinking about foods and what we should be eating, but when you are dealing with something like diabetes, it takes on a whole different meaning.

Sounds like you and Joe have a wonderful anniversary planned. Maurice and I will celebrate 25 years in November.

Well, I must confess, I didn't go to kickboxing Monday, I should have, but I didn't. So glad I did my 30 minutes this morning. I did do step aerobics last night. Some day I'll make it through the whole hour! LOL Watching BL last night I heard Cathy say that she was addicted to spinning. Dang, I guess I just realized I don't have an addictive bone in my body!! LOL I'd love to be addictive to exercise, but it hasn't happened yet.

dpadro
03-19-2009, 11:35 AM
LOL!!! Ruthie - Joe belongs to Jen - Willie's mine:p Thanks for the good wishes. Too funny about not having an addictive bone in your body!

Just got a beautiful bouquet of flowers from Joe........whoops, I mean Willie:p

Have a great day everyone!

Hugs,
Dianne

short & sassy
03-19-2009, 01:13 PM
[QUOTE=dpadro;2661315]LOL!!! Ruthie - Joe belongs to Jen - Willie's mine:p Thanks for the good wishes.

SORRY!!!! LOL, I'll have to be more careful from now on!!

Jenny523
03-20-2009, 07:55 AM
Dianne,
:cheers: Happy Anniversary to you and Willie! :cheers:

Hope you enjoyed your special day. How was West Side Story? I love that movie!

Ruthie,
Sounds as though you're really doing great with exercising, good for you! :cp:

Lost 2.6 this week, so it makes up for the small gain :D My son and daughter, sister-in-law and a good friend have all joined WW in the last month...a great suport system.

TGIF
have a great weekend,
Jen

short & sassy
03-20-2009, 06:46 PM
Jen, Congrats on the weight loss!! It does help when people are doing this with you. I've done well at exercising because one of my co-workers goes to the same gym that I do. We try to work out on the same days...so it keeps the two of us accountable. She's been sick this week and I've had to make myself go...it would be so easy to just say, oh...it's okay to skip today. I did skip Monday, but I showed up for Tuesday, Thursday, and I'm going for a few hours tomorrow.

Hope you all have a good weekend...It's almost quittin time here!! I'm headed home!

dpadro
03-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Hi guys:

Jen- thanks for the anniversary wishes. We had a great time. West Side Story was wonderful - what talent these young people have. The woman who played Anita was also in "In the Heights" and she was great. Last night we went to a romantic dinner and today I took off from work and we spent the day together. Willie surprised me with an annivesary wedding band - white gold -beautiful. It had to be sized smaller and I won't have it until next Wednesday. Can't wait! I am blessed. Congrats to you on your loss, that's fantastic :carrot: Do Joey and Jess go to the same ww meetings as you?

Hi Ruthie - keep up the good work on exercising!

Hi Terri, ZoeGirl, Es and Sandy :wave:

Have a great weekend everyone!

Hugs,
Dianne

Hi All!
Dianne,
Congrats to you and Willie. I am so glad you had a great time.
I am so glad your diabetes is under control.

Ruth,
Still going to the gym. Feels good. I am so glad Steve Wozniac didn't get out yet. He will need to go but I want him to enjoy himself a little more. Look at me feeling sorry for a multi-millionaire. :lol: For the first time I really don't care who wins on BL. I am not to crazy about Tara and Laura but if Tara wins she deserves it.

Jen,
That is great about your support system. Also congrats on the loss. You are doing great! Keep us posted.

Well I am going walking with Britany's employer and her kids. Should be interesting.

TTYL,
Terri

dpadro
03-23-2009, 03:29 PM
Hi guys:

Well, the anniversary continued.......on Saturday, our kids threw us a surpise anniversary party! It was so much fun. We were shocked at all they went through to keep it a secret. Even Jessa, who's only 7 knew and we spent the day together getting her Easter outfit and she didn't say a word! My son, Steven even came in from Philadelphia. They gave us a book with photos from all the years we spent together. Each family took 2-3 pages and filled them with photos and they all wrote something to us. Then Lisa, Alana and litte Willie sang us a song about how we met, etc. It was amazing - we really are truly blessed!

Hope everyone is doing well. I'll talk to you's soon.

Hugs,
Dianne

PRECIOUS!!!!!!!
Terri

Jenny523
03-23-2009, 09:23 PM
Dianne!
That was such an awesome celebration for you and Willie! :love: What a wonderful family you have....but of course, you know that :lol:
It's great to hear family stories like that..you'll be talking about it in the years to come, and Jessa will have a story about it too! Glad it was such a special time for you all.

Terri,
Good for you, going to the gym. I've never even stepped foot in one..did I ever tell you that? Oh, except for the time I was doing volunteer work for our village, and we went to the open house when they built the new rec center. One of the trainers looked at me and said, "I know you, don't I?" and I laughed and said no way.
Nothing to be proud of, obviously, but I've always been such a private person when it comes to my body and physical ability (or lack of it) that I NEVER could imagine going into a gym!
At any rate...it's great to read your (and Ruthie's) posts about the various workouts, machines, etc....
one of these days.....!

Having a fairly good week. Am not crazy about the leader at my Thursday night meetings...in my 1st week she was there, then she missed the next 2....last week she spent a good 5 minutes telling us about a website that sells doughnuts that are only 3 points apiece.....I was like? ****-oo! you're not here to talk to us about doughnuts!!!!!
That was really just the topping on the cake, I didn't care for her the first time I met her....so I'll give it a couple more weeks, then may switch to Wed. evening meetings.

HI to everyone :wave: Es, Ruthie, Sandy, Zoe....miss you all!
later,
Jen

Hi Jen,
I learned to love the gym. It helps that it is a hospital wellness center so there are all kinds of people there. Young teens to 80 yr. olds.
I do the step mill, arc trainer, recumbant bike and various weight machines.
I hope you get a wonderful leader. That is what we deserve. You pay enough and what is with the dougnuts? Even if they are only 3 pts. they still aren't good for you.
Good luck.
Terri

Meenamom
03-24-2009, 06:00 PM
Hi there I am Carrie, I am having a hard time with losing weight and wondering about weight watchers?? Does it work

Hi Carrie. I am Terri.
Yes, Weight Watchers work if we work the program. It still takes work. It is a guideline. Flex gives us some freedom but we still have to be careful.
Points helps alot for me. It is easier to keep track of what I eat. I still have to watch carbs. I can't eat to many at my age. When I was younger I could.
Good luck. Keep us posted.
Terri

Hi everyone!

Bruce and I just decided to join facebook. The whole family is on there now. It is a great place to meet up with old and new friends and family.
Does anyone on here belong to facebook? I want more friends. :lol:
my e-mail address is terrmor@knology.net.

Love you uys,
Terri

short & sassy
03-25-2009, 09:44 PM
Hey girls,

Well, I'm slowly making headway with my exercise regimen. No major losses as of yet, but I am building up my endurance and have been able to also increase the weights on the machines that I am using.

Jen, I also belong to the Wellness Center at my local hospital. I love it...the people using the facility consist of the elderly and the overweight. Lots of them look like me. It's not the meat locker atmosphere, most everyone is there trying to get healthy. I am taking a kickboxing class on Monday, step aerobics on Tuesday and Saturday. Thursday and Saturday I also do my regular exercises on the machines and other cardio machines. My goal now is to go several mornings during the week. I just can't seem to make myself crawl out of bed!!

Diane, what a wonderful gift from the kids!!

Well, I'm off to watch American Idol. Hope everyone is having a great week.

Jenny523
03-25-2009, 11:48 PM
Ruth and Terri,
Your descriptions of the health/fitness centers are really making me re-think the possibilty of ever stepping foot in a gym. Seriously.
I've always had the 'meat locker' mentality that Ruthi mentioned. Now i can keep an open mind and at least consider the possibilties...thanks!

Had a loss of 2.6 today :D which brings me to a total of 15 in 5 weeks.

It's a lifestyle change that I'm really focusing on. Joe has been in total agreement with me and has lost 8 pounds in the same time frame! :cp: I'm thrilled for us both.

Hi Es, how are you?

take care,
jen

CONGRATS JEN!!!! Keep going! You are doing great!
Terrrit!

Hi everybody! I AM 50 TODAY!!!

I just opened Bruceís gift. He gave me a massage from my gym and then he gave me an itinerary of all the Les Miserables in London, England. He wants me to pick when I want to go and then he is going to fly Brittany and I there to go and see it. I was so surprised. Apparently Les Mis has been showing there for 23 years. LOVE LOVE LOVE that show.
Terri

Jenny523
03-28-2009, 10:51 AM
:bday2you:

Happy 50th Terri!!!
What a wonderful gift Bruce gave you!
You deserve it, you're a wonderful woman.
I hope your day was awesome and
that the next 50 are just as good to you.
love,
Jen

:woo:

Thank you so much Jen. Yeah he is special!!!! I had a great day. Each child came through too. :lol: Brandon bought me the Byonce CD I wanted and Bradley gave me a Books A Million gift card. Brittany bought me and herself snuggies and my cake and ice cream. We went to Red Robin and this week Bruce and I will go out by ourselves.
She also rented movies and bought snacks for when Bruce and Bradley go to his lacrosse tournaments in Birmingham and Brandon goes to his senior prom. We will be by ourselves so it is girl's night. I can't believe it is Brandon's senior prom.
Have agreat weekend.
Terri

This is my official 50th birthday picture.

Jenny523
03-28-2009, 05:47 PM
Terri,
as you might imagine, I felt horrible when I discovered I had missed wishing you a happy bday on the day itself! I mean, how many years have we known each other? sorry :o

I would freak if I had a gift of a trip to London. How awesome. Have you decided when you're going yet?
And Brandon is a senior? It was just yesterday that he was in grade school, wasn't it?
You have such a great family. I hope you're having a wonderful birthday weekend.

take care,
~Jen

short & sassy
03-28-2009, 11:00 PM
TERRI! Happy Birthday, and what a fabulous gift from Bruce! BTW, your official 50 photo...you're looking great!!! You don't look 50...

JEN, congrats on your weight loss. You are doing so good. I've been working out for nine weeks now and I am just now beginning to see a loss. This morning I was at 170.4...hopefully I'll be in the 160's again soon.

I was planning on working out this morning, but seem to be coming down with a head cold. I ended up staying home and taking otc drugs all day. I'm hoping to feel better in the morning and I'll go workout tomorrow afternoon. I hate that I missed my step class.

I've got the granddaughters tonight. Caylin is 10 and Ailyah is 8, they have been playing with the wii and different games on the computer all day. We all took turns with the Wii Fit for a little while. They are growing so fast, and they are both doing well in school. Aliyah made straight A's last report card and Caylin had A's and B's.

Well its getting close to bedtime. I'll talk to you ladies later

Congrats Ruth on the losses. Tell your grandchildren great job. I am so glad
you are feeling better.

Brandon just got back from the prom. He had a good time.

Tired. Going to bed. LOL
Terri

short & sassy
03-29-2009, 01:24 PM
Hey Terry,

Senior prom, where has the time gone.

My oldest grandson will be 16 in July, I've practically raised him over the years; however, he has lived with his father for the last 4 years and is now 4 hours away from me. Over the last 3 summers and other holidays he has spent them with me. But I was informed last weekend when I spoke to him that he will probably be staying at home this spring break and summer in order to work with his dad and make money. What could I say, other than I know you're growing up and I understand. Looks like I'll be planning a trip to Baton Rouge this summer!! LOL

Well, gotta go referree to young ladies who are arguing, might be time for their mom to come get them!

Jenny523
03-29-2009, 07:36 PM
Terri, we need to see a prom pic!

Ruth, we haven't used our wii in a while. Last time was when the grandsons were over. I need to start on Fit again from the beginning.

We had a end-of-season snowstorm come through last night...awoke to a white wonderland of really wet snow about 3 inches. The trees were gorgeous, all covered. Now the sun is out so it's melted off the streets and sidewalks, which is good. Don't like to shovel in March/April!

Have a pot of homemade pasta sauce simmering, the house smells wonderful...lots of garlic :D we'll have whole wheat penne pasta and salad.

HI ES, DIANNE, SANDY, ZOE :wave:
~Jen

short & sassy
03-30-2009, 03:53 PM
Jen, I actually enjoyed playing with the wii this weekend. I think it may have motivated me to start working with it again. I stayed home from work today, not sure if I've got sinus, allergies or some sort of cold bug...but my head is all stuffed up and now I've got a headache again.

Well, let me find some tylenol before this headache gets any worse!

Jenny523
03-30-2009, 08:11 PM
Oh, Ruth, take care! If yours lasts more than a week, see your dr.
I've been quite sick the last 2 weeks. No nasal congestion, but bad headaches, tightness in my chest and cough....last Tuesday I was so worried because I couldn't catch my breath. I was very audibly wheezing....went to the dr. that afternoon and she said it's severe bronchitis, gave me an inhaler, which I've never had before.
I'm also on a cough suppresant rx, and a 7 day antibiotic.
Hope you feel better soon.

Tomorrow is my 5th year anniversary at my job. Funny, it seems like it zipped by, yet when I think about what I know now, and what I've learned, it seems like forever....... :dizzy:

My sister is supposed to be brought up to Illinois from Arkansas this week. One of her daughters is down there to help her with the final move: her clothes, etc. The plan is for her to stay at this daughter's home, it's 50 miles from us. That's better than being 11 hours away, however. Her dr. gave her a 3 month prognosis. We're all trying to coordinate a schedule of coverage so she's not alone. Please think good thoughts!

hugs,
~Jen

Ruth and Jen,
I hope both of you are feeling better.
Jen,
I am sorry about the 3 months. I am so glad she will be with family. 50 miles
will be nice. Give her lots of hugs. No regrets just wonderful talks and lots of love. :grouphug:
Terri

Jenny523
04-01-2009, 10:55 PM
Terri,
I neglected to mention how AWESOME you look in your 50th bday photo!!!
You go, girl! How wonderful you must feel. You absolutely do NOT look your age. You and Britts could be sisters.
thanks for the good words re:my sister. I'm spending the day with her on Saturday and cannot wait.
hugs,
jen

Jen,
Thank you so much for the much needed compliment. :lol: You are so sweet. I will be thinking of you on Saturday. What a special time.
I love to hear about the get togethers you and your family has. It reminds me of when I was living at home in Ohio. I hope my family does this when they leave and have families of their own.
Have a great Thursday! I cannot wait for ER tonight. 3 hours.
Terri

Jenny523
04-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Forgot to mention that at this week's weigh-in I posted a 1/2 pound loss. I'm good with that...a week of NyQuil every night, combined with 2 dinners out and the remainders of the Girl Scout cookies. :nono: I'm happy with a loss and am looking forward to the next!!!

At work the Village's Wellness Committee is sponsoring a Fitness Challenge for the month of April...based upon your team size, your team walks to a different location in the U.S. We formed a team of 10, and chose San Diego as our goal (choices were San Diego, Key West, or Washington, D.C., based upon team size). For each mile walked we earn 10. In 3 days we've walked 632 miles! If a member bicycles or does the eliptical (sp?) they have to count minutes rather than miles, and then there's a formula that's applied to convert it to miles.

Anyhow, my point is that THIS couch patootie has been walking every day!!! Yes, that's right, "Miss I-HATE-TO-EXERCISE" has walked 1 mile every day so far: 1/2 mile at lunch and 1/2 mile after work. I know that's not a lot, but for me it's huge. I have been so slacking off for the last year, it's not funny. Now I'm feeling stronger and more able, after only the first week. My goal is to be at 2 mile walks by the end of the month.
Which brings me to my point, after a small loss, I'm ok with it because I'm winning in other ways.

Tomorrow I'll see my sister Kathie. She did make the trip up with her daughter; there was some doubt if she'd actually come up and leave Bob. I'm thrilled and cannot wait to spend the day and talk. Her daughter's family will be out at an arena football playoff game that her son is in, so it's the perfect opportunity for us to have some privacy.

Ok, I'll stop writing the book. I'm pumped, relaxed, Brandon and Matthew are here spending the weekend so I'm also very happy!
love,
jen

Congrats on the loss Jen. That is wonderful that you are walking. What a great incentive. Hug those boys and your sister for us.

I have a bladder infection so I am waiting to go to the doctor. :(
TTYL,
Terri

short & sassy
04-04-2009, 01:25 PM
Jen, congrats on the progress you have made. I truly beleive that every little bit helps. You will be surprised at how you will progress. Oh, nice going with the 1/2 pound lost. I hope you have a wonderful visit wit your sister!

Terri, hope your bladder infection is better soon. Im still fighting whatever it is that I have. The doctor wasn't in Wednesday, but his office did call in a z-pac for me. Today has been better than the rest.

I haven't exercised in over a week. I can't wait to get back to the gym...I feel my energy level slipping away!! If I wake up feeling somewhat normal on Monday, I'll go to the gym that morning...It's surprising how 1 week of no exercise makes you feel like all your positive results are going to start slipping away. Well I better run...talk to you girls later.

dpadro
04-05-2009, 09:36 AM
Good morning my friends :wave:

Jen, congrats on the weight loss and the walking - great job! :carrot: Hope you are feeling better now. I want to throw my 2 cents in about the whole gym thing. I too, had not stepped foot in a gym until about 2 years ago. I joined Planet Fitness - don't know if you have one in Illinois. Anyway, like Ruthie says, lots of people looked just like me - people of all ages and all body shapes. They actually have a policy of "no judgement zone" there. Besides that, the cost is $10 per month with a $10 annual membership fee, so its really cheap. They have tons of machines, treadmills, etc. and they also have a sort of 30 mins. "Curves" set up in the back of the gym. I love it. My son, Justin just joined so maybe that will give me an incentive to get back to it, since I have to drive him there anyway, lol.

So glad to hear your sister is closer to you now. Enjoy your time with her. She is in my prayers.

Ruthie, hope you're feeling better too. Great going on the exercise. Your granddaughters sound so cute.

Terri - hope you're okay now too. I cannot believe your son had his prom already. All of these kids are growing up too fast!! lol. Belated :hb: - sorry I missed your birthday! What a great gift from Bruce! You absolutely do not look 50 years old - great photo.

Hi Zoe Girl, Es - thinking of both of you.

Today we are having a 40th birthday party for Willie's son, Willie Jr. It seems like in this huge family of ours, there is always a birthday, anniversary, etc., :dizzy:

I'm doing well weight wise, haven't lost anymore, which is a good thing right now. (never thought I'd say those words!). But things are under control.

Hope everyone has a great rest of Sunday. Talk to you's soon.

Hugs,
Dianne

short & sassy
04-05-2009, 03:54 PM
Hi ladies,

Okay, I've come to the conclusion that grocery shopping should be counted as exercise. I swear it's exhausting. You spend all that time in the store, then you have to go home and unload the groceries, then put them away!!! It's exhausting! I had Maurice bring them in the house...so it wasn't as bad as it is when he isn't home, but it was still draining!

Dianne, glad to hear that everything is normal with the diabetes! Is normal the right term?? Have fun at the celebration! My youngest daughter turns 28 tomorrow! How time flies...it still amazes me.

Hope everyone had a good weekend and let's all get out there and burn some calories this week!! We can do this!

Jenny523
04-07-2009, 09:54 PM
Ruthie,
I can totally identify with the grocery shopping tedium...after the boredome wears off...YES it is exercise! Thank goodness we have a ranch home. If I'm the only person at home I have to lug the bags from car to kitchen.

Dianne,
I am glad you have your weight under control. I do understand that it is an isue when it comes to controlling your diabetes...and can only imagine how difficult it must be to change your mindset from losing to controlling....my good thoughts are with you in your maintenance.

Terri,
How are you feeling? I used to get frequent bladder infections (prior to my hysterectomy) so I can sympathize. Hope everything's ok.

Es,
Where are you? Please stop in and say HI.

Spent the day with my sister Kathie on Saturday. She's VERY thin, weak, but we had a good visit We talked about many things; it was a rewarding visit. She is such a sociable person, and I think she has really missed her family. I hope being here in Illinois will add some time for her.

I've had a heck of a weekend in terms of weight control. I know I'll post a gain this week. Oh well.....no beating myself up. It's life and I know that i can have good weeks after this.

HI :wave: to everyone!
~Jen

Jenny523
04-17-2009, 08:27 AM
It's been quiet in here...hope everyone enjoyed their Passover or Easter holidays.
We had a busy weekend with dinner at Joey and Iliana's on Saturday with her family, then Easter dinner on Sunday at our house. I'm glad I had control over our Easter dinner; we had baked ham and lots of veggie dishes.

Posted a 4.4 lb. loss last night :D which helped offset my gain last week lol. I'm at a total of 18 lost so far. Slowly but surely I'm mastering portion control. Walking has helped a great deal as well, I know.

Hope everyone is well, have a great weekend!
~Jen

Hi guys!
Congrats Jen on the great loss. I am so glad you have your sister there. Keep us posted. Your get togethers are what we did in Ohio growing up. We had all my relatives (half came over from Italy) get together every other week. It was fun.

Dianne,
It does seem like there is some celebration going on! LOL It is great that you an Willy like to party. Thanks for the compliment. I can use them at my age. :lol: I am so glad things are stabilizing. Take care of yourself.

Ruth,
Happy belated birthday to your daughter. My UTI is all better. I hate those. Why do we get all this stuff on the weekend anyway? You will feel better when you go back to the gym.

It is Brandonís 18th birthday today. :woo::hb::gift: He is so excited. More than I am. :lol:
All of us except Brittany have milestone birthdays this year. Bruce- 50, Me-50, Brandon-18, Bradley-16. Britts is lone man out-23 on Cinco de Mayo.

I think I will take a nap.
Luv ya,
Terri

Jenny523
04-18-2009, 12:41 PM
:hb: Happy 18th to Brandon! Hope he has fun :D

It's a beautiful 70 degree day here. Joe is fishing in Chicago at Lake Michigan and I'm stuck inside sorting out winter/summer clothes for the season's changeover :(
I'm going to get out for a walk this afternoon, tho!
~Jen

short & sassy
04-18-2009, 05:01 PM
Good afternoon ladies,

It took 2 weeks to get over whatever it was I had and now I'm back at the gym. Still maintaining, but I'm hoping to see some results soon. I spent the morning at the gym, went to a steps class and then did all my strength training... I spent 5 minutes on the row machine, guess I'm gonna have to build up my endurance on that one!! Afterwards I went grocery shopping and now I'm back at home relaxing in front of the tv watching stuff on the DVR.

Jen, congrats on the weight loss. You are doing so awesome. I'm still concentrating on the exercise...hoping to have an aw-ha moment and start eating better and healthier! Glad that you are able to spend time with your sister. You guys are in our prayers.

Terri, tell your son Happy Birthday for me. Glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Well, I have housework that needs to be done, I'll talk to you later.

Jenny523
04-25-2009, 01:12 PM
Hi everyone :wave:

Was down .8 at this week's weigh-in.....was shocked and a bit disappointed. I had a very good week, journalled and walked every day. You know how you FEEL that you're going to have a significant loss? I had that feeling...sigh...so yes, it's a loss, but not what I had expected!

On the plus side, I'm finally walking on a regular basis....me! the couch potato! :rofl: I feel stronger and am toning, so there is a positive side to all of this.

Yesterday was gorgeous...sunny and 84...today it's thundering and raining. Am going to visit Kathie tomorrow. Have to be there by 10 a.m. or so, because she eats at noon. It's the only way she keeps it down. I'll probably stay till 3 or so then head back home.

have a good weekend!
~Jen

Hi everyone!!!
No notifications again. We have had school closings due to the swine flu and it is crazy. LOL
Well today is Brittany's 23rd birthday! :bday2you:
Years are just flying by.

How is everything going?
We have Brandon's senior band banquet tonight. He graduates on the 19th. There are going to be so many activities.
Our elem. schools are closed and are supposed to open the 14th but they will probably reopen earlier now.

Well gotta go to the store.
TTYL,
Terri

Jenny523
05-06-2009, 08:32 PM
Terri,
How can Britts be 23? !!
:hb: :balloons:
Please give her my best and wish her a Happy Belated Birthday from me. Your little girl is really a young woman now!(not like you needed to be reminded or anything :lol: )
The flu is crazy scary. I'm really concerned that the media gets out of hand. I respect freedom of the press, but at what extreme? At any rate, I hope that you all stay safe and healthy.

My weight loss is up, then down, then up, then, oh forget it!
Two weeks ago a gain, last week i couldn't make it to weigh in, this week I'm -.6 So at a total of 19 lost again!
I joined on 2/19 so it's a looong journey to that 20 pound mark. That's ok, tho. I'm sticking with it and am not giving up.
What about Biggest Loser? I am for Mike all the way. Helen is a whiner! I'm not crazy about Tara...it almost seems that she feels entitled.

What is everyone doing for Mother's Day?
Joe has to go to Virginia for a week, he'll be leaving Sunday morning. We're having the kids over on Saturday night for a family dinner to celebrate Mother's Day.
It will actually work out well, as Jess can spend her Mother's Day at home with the boys and Mike, and Joey and Iliana can spend Sunday with her Mom...and Jen will have Mother's Day to herself to do whatever she wants! :rofl:

Hope all of you are well. We're far too quiet in here!
love you all,
~Jen

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!

Great day for you tomorrow Jen! Britts and Bruce might go to see Star Trek tomorrow. They are the real Trekkies. We will go eat first and get my gifts. Then I can sit home and read and snack on my favorites, Tomato Basil Wheat Thins. I also have plants to plant tomorrow. I love when that is all done and I bask in its prettiness. :lol:

EVERYONE ENJOY YOUR DAY!!!!!
Terri

Jenny523
05-10-2009, 07:09 PM
Happy Mother's Day!

Yesterday everyone was over to celebrate Mother's Day. I made a huge tossed salad and we ordered pasta dishes from my favorite, Buca di Bepo. This way none of the women had to cook :lol: We had a huge fruit salad from Costco for dessert, so that was points-friendly for us all.
We had a wonderful day together...I had a nice long visit with my girls, Jessica and Iliana, and the guys spent time outside playing hockey and basketball, then we all played Wii.
Joe gave me a beautiful Coach purse and flowers, from the kids I received gift certs for manicures and pedicures, and charms and a gift cert for my Chamilia charm bracelet. A wonderful day!

There was a last minute change of plans, and Joe didn't leave this a.m. for Virginia after all; he'll leave tomorrow a.m. instead.
So....today was a nice quiet day, I have been cross stitching in between doing loads of laundry. Joe had quite a few projects he caught up with around the house. I'm making fajitas for dinner, a great day!

Love to you all. Hope your Mother's Day is just as special as you all are to me.
~jen

That is wonderful Jen. What a wonderful day.
We are going to my favorite steakhouse tonight and then we are going to see Star trek. I decided I wanted to see it.
This morning I received a new upgrade for my computer. OMG it is fast. Love it!
I got gift certificates ($25 each) for Books a Million and Starbucks and a musical card from Brittany. I got musical photo cards from the boys. They want to pay for the dinner so it is a gift for my husband too. :lol:
I love this day. We got Brandon's Senior Portrait framed yesterday. When Bradley gets his we will put them all together. Right now Britts and Brandon's will be seperate. I will have to change her frame out.
Have a great evening.
Terri

short & sassy
05-11-2009, 12:40 AM
Hi girls, glad to here that everyone had a great mothers day. I spent last weekend with my mother, this weekend we took my mother-in-law out to eat! My girls spent the weekend with their kids, but they text me a Happy Mothers Day...and my step daugher called to let me know she was thinking of me. Our family is so non-traditional...I so enjoy hearing about all your family functions!

Terri, I see your ticker hasn't changed, seems that you and I have plateaued at the same weight. I've been stuck at 175 for months since gaining around 10 pounds back. I haven't been concentrating on my eating habits, but I have been tracking my fitness on Sparkpeople. Even though I've been working out since January, I've only started meeting and exceeding my cardio goals in the last few weeks! So, just maybe I'll see a loss soon.

Have you posted Brandon's photos on Sparks...I haven't looked yet?

Jen, how is your sister doing?

Well, it's bedtime, I better go..tomorrow's another workday!

Hi Ruth. Great to hear from you. I am going to put his senior picture in today.
Every spring I go through this. I lose and then gain and lose then gain so I stay the same so I don't bother moving the ticker. Here is what my spring is like.
From March - May - 4 birthdays (4 Restaurants & A girls only lunch & 4 cakes) , Easter (restaurant and cake), Mother's Day (Restaurant & dessert)
and family down ( 10 restaurants- 5 days worth cause they have to go to lunch and dinner). Graduation ( more cake) & about 3 graduation parties of friends (More cake) :devil:
I am working hard this week. I have a reprieve. No relatives until Sunday.
Oh man just realized I have to visitor clean. That is so much harder than regular cleaning. My goal is to remain the same until the last visitor leaves and then there is nothing until the 4th of July ( no cake). I am usually caked out by then.

I hope everyone is doing great!
Luv ya,
Terri

Jenny523
05-14-2009, 08:27 PM
Hi,
Terri, :lol: about visitor cleaning, it's always so much more involved! Good luck with that.
Ruth, so what you and your girls do is traditional for you, right? We're all the same when you get down to it. Thank you for asking about my sister. Thankfully she's hanging in there. She does not require any of us to be with her/constant care yet. She's on very strong pain meds., is having a petscan to see if the drs. up here will treat her. I'm amazed at her strength. I know I've said it before, but it's true.

-.4 at yesterday's weighin. What a joke, I've got to buckle down. That first 20 lbs. is still eluding me.

later,
Jen

short & sassy
05-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Jen, keep at it girl, you'll get to that 20 lb loss mark before you know it. After 3 1/2 months of working out the scale has finally been kind to me. I have lost 5 lbs of the 10 lbs that I regained. My goal is to lose another 5 by the end of the month!

Terri, good luck on the visitor cleaning!! And that should count for exercise!!! LOL I went out to eat yesterday with friends...so I'm making an unscheduled trip to the gym today! Have to work off that cheesecake!!!! But oh, it was so good!

My workouts now consist of kickboxing on Mondays, step class on Tuesdays and Saturdays. I usually do a full workout with weight machines on Thursday and Saturdays. I sometimes go on Wednesday for the treadmill. I've been putting the treadmill on ramdon for 30 - 35 minutes. I think the random inclining is helping with my endurance for the aerobic classes!

Food is still an issue. I just love to eat!!!

short & sassy
05-18-2009, 10:49 PM
Hey ladies, I just signed up for facebook....Terri is also on there, so do any of you have a facebook page?

Jenny523
05-20-2009, 09:31 PM
Had a loss today that FINALLY resulted in me reaching my first 20 pounds! -21.2 to be exact.

will be back soon,
hugs,
Jen

Jenny523
05-22-2009, 10:21 AM
Took a vacation day today, and am going to go visit my sister. :D

Plans for this holiday weekend? It's always one of my favorites because we'll open the pool after the long winter. Have to get the solar cover on so the water warms up. Add planting the garden and flowers beds to that.....there's never enough time!

This is my bday weekend and I've really got to focus on not going overboard. We're going out for Mexican food tomorrow with Jess and her family, then Sunday night we're going out to dinner with my bro. and wife.
:crossed: I can maintain!

Have a great Memorial Day weekend.
~Jen

CONGRATS on the loss Jen and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Hugs to your family. Have a great time.

Ruth,
Congrats on the scale being kind. WOOOHOOO!
Facebook is fun. There is so much to do.
Brandon graduated this week. I had such mixed emotions.
My in-laws drove back Thursday and they rear ended a car in Cincinnati, Ohio.
They were not hurt. They think they totaled the car. That sucks. They rented a car to drive the last 4 hrs. home.

Jen,
CONGRATS on the loss and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Have a great weekend and hugs to your family!

Ruth,
Congrats on your loss too girl. You are kicking Butt at that gym. Good for you!!!!! I love facebook. There is so much to do.

Brandon graduated last Tuesday. Such mixed emotions!
My in-laws left Thursday and they rear ended a car in Cincy on the way home. They think they totaled the car. They were not hurt. Thank God. They had to rent a car and drive the 4 hrs. home after that. I felt so bad.

Britts and I have decided to join a challenge. We are going to lose at LEAST 20 lbs. by opening kickoff of the NFL season which is Sept. 10 between the STEELERS and the TITANS. That beer on opening day will be so good. Only 1 though. Light is 2 points. :lol:

Have a great Memorial Day!
Luv ya,
Terri

Here is an e-mail I got from Es!

Hi Terri, how are you? I was trying to log in to 3fc's but since I haven't logged in for so long I had a hard time. Anyway, say hi to the girls & that I'm still miserable but I miss all of you. Say hi to Britt. Love you, Essie

Sandancy
05-25-2009, 06:12 PM
Hi Everyone,

I hope everyone is enjoying the long Memorial Day weekend. We are just back from Greg's college graduation. I want to upload a picture of the 4 of us, but it isn't working.

Jen, Happy, happy birthday! Glad to hear your sister is hanging in there, my mom is also. Power of love and prayer!

Hi Terri and Ruth, I also have a Facebook page. I like it, but I am not that active with it.

I am trying to figure out how to give myself a kickstart with WW again. I am reluctant to spend the money right now, but that may be what I need to do to get committed and to be accountable.

Hi Es, You are in my thoughts, hope you will be doing better over the summer, but grieving takes a long time. I hope you will find some joy also in remembering Pete.:hug:

Hugs to our whole group! Sorry that I haven't been around much,
Sandy

short & sassy
05-25-2009, 11:48 PM
Hi everyone, congrats on the graduations and the weight losses and everything.

Terri, please email Es and let her know that we think of her often and we miss her.

Sandy, hi there. So good to hear from you. There is another weight loss site that is free and offers the ability to track nutrition and fitness. It's sparkpeople.com. Terri told me about it...check it out, it might be the solution to getting back on track.

Well, the last 24 hours have been very exhausting. I'm headed to bed and looking forward to tomorrow being another day.

Love you guys!!

Jenny523
06-02-2009, 09:19 PM
Check out Fab & fit 40's and 50's #9!
See you there.....