Old 02-26-2009, 06:54 PM   #1  

Default Loosing wt is a never ending process for me

I am realizing what a process loosing wt is. Even if I ever reach my goal then it will be more process to try to keep it off. I am always struck by how moment by moment anything is accomplished.

:egg :
grabec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 203.8/190.4/150

Height: 5'5"

It is a looooong hard process. Look at the people from the biggest loser who lose all this weight in such a short time, as soon as they went home many of them gained most if not all of the weight back.

I've done it numerous of times, granted I never lost a huge amount of weight but it still came back, and then some!!

Just keep at it, we're all struggling to get to where we want to be and we're all here for each other!
Mandylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:22 PM   #3  

Some people succeed because they are destined to, but most people succeed because they are determined to. Great quote.
So, more on this "process" business. I think that it is a continuous commitment to taking the actions and overriding my cravings that will help me to be where I want to be. And it is accomplished in little tiny pieces of time.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:53 PM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Yes, without a doubt losing weight is just the very beginning of the journey. Maintaining that loss - yup, got to be in it for the long haul, as it is an ongoing, never ending process.

Come on over and take a look at the Maintainer's Forum. Lots of folks there who have reached their goal and having been doing just that - maintaining that loss for years and years.

Losing weight and keeping it off IS a doable thing. It most certainly does take a lifetime commitment though. Like all things that are worthwhile, it takes hard work, time, patience and yup - commitment.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 02-26-2009 at 09:53 PM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

Ain't that the truth, sister!
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:31 PM   #6  
Meg

Sign my name to what Robin said too.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:56 PM   #7  

So, here's how the process has gone for me today. I ate more for breakfast, had a piece of toast with Splenda and butter, 2 fried eggs then at about 3pm I had 2 pieces of cheese and a tomato with cottage cheese and condiments. We'll see how this goes. I have shared that I have been living on practically nothing and haven't been loosing a pound. Very discouraging. Some people have said to eat a bit more protein so I did today. We'll see how it goes.