Exercise! - Oxycise for Spring #36

View Full Version : Oxycise for Spring #36

ras8779
05-24-2002, 03:13 PM
Brought this over from the other thread.

Hi Barbg and anyone else lurking out there:wave:!

I guess I'll start a new thread called Oxycise for Spring #36. If you don't mind. If you can think of something different let me know. I've been doing great with my commuter tape. I'm so thankful I have that or I wouldn't be doing much O. I've been doing allot of walking with Leslie Sansone and I love it. Have you ever tried her videos Barb? I hope everything is going good for you. I know I haven't been checking in much but life is getting in the way of my posting. I will try to do better. What are your plans for Memorial Day? Any luck locating our other Oers? I know they must be out there. Okay Barb I know you can do this. Please try to post everyday so it will help you do your O. Remember the commuter tape works great too! I'll check back with you later:D!

Oh I'll start another thread too so you can post a reply on that one if you prefer.

ageoldie
05-30-2002, 11:00 PM
Well Rose it seems as no one else loves us. I had an apt with my knee doctor and he want me to up the intensity of my biking, but I'm just not able to do it, so I thought I'd try to O first and then maybe I wouldn't be so out of breath when I try to bike. Think it will work?

ras8779
05-31-2002, 06:12 PM
I know what you mean Barb. It seems like nobody loves us anymore:cry:. I'm glad you're still hanging in here with me:)! I really think O will help with the breathing and doing more on the bike. I've noticed that since I've been doing the commuter tape when I do my walking I have an easier time with it. Plus Anything to drop the inches will help. I've got family coming in for my son's graduation and I'd like to look a little better then I do now. I'm trying to be realistic though because I doubt I'll be able to lose 50 pounds before they get here:lol: ! Okay I just thought I'd check in to see how you're doing. Let me know if the O helps you with your workout:D!

Giraffe
06-17-2002, 04:25 PM
Hi Rose -
Just joined the Message Board and am thinking of ordering the first two oxycise tapes. What's your take on the exercises as far as someone with back and neck strain? I get spasms every once in a while if I'm not careful.
:?:

Thanx,
Sharon

ras8779
06-24-2002, 05:01 PM
Hi Everybody:wave:!

First of all I'm so sorry I haven't posted in a while. It's been crazy with my son graduating from High School and the ex husband and ex in-laws in town. Whew! I'm glad that's over with. Everything went well too. It's just difficult when you have to deal with the ex and his newest , thin, girlfriend.

Sharon,
I think you will like Oxycise! I've had the tapes for years and own almost all of them. I use the commuter tape allot. That's the one you can do in your car. It really helps me relax and unwind on the way home. I notice a big difference when I don't do Oxycise on a regular bases. My energy is lower and it's harder for me to lose weight. Just by doing the commuter tape alone it's helped me tremendously with my other exercise routines. You might want to check out the website which is www.oxyciseplus.com they have a ton of people that can give great testimonials about how great it works. I hope you decide to join us.

Barbg, I know the doctor wants you to increase on the bike but you need to take your time. Don't push it. How are you doing by the way? How is your hubby doing?

Okay I'll try not to stay away so long next time. I've been doing O! consistently until last week when I was on vacation but today I started again and I feel great:D!

Keep posting everybody:)!

Giraffe
06-26-2002, 12:25 PM
Thanx Rose!

I'm probably going to order the first two tapes soon. I'll let you know how I like them.
:p

Giraffe
06-26-2002, 12:28 PM
hi rose!

I didn't know that little icon stuck out his tongue. Didn't want you to think I did it on purpose:o

Wishing you well,
Sharon

ras8779
06-27-2002, 01:23 PM
Hi Sharon,

No problem with the icons. I do the same thing. They sure are cute though.:) I think you will like Oxycise. It is a program that I keep coming back to time and again and really enjoy it. It works really well when you do it consistently. You will notice a difference. Let me know how you like it once you get it. The first tape goes kind of fast at first so practice the breathing until you are comfortable with it and don't be afraid to pause it. At first I would just do the breaths at my own pace and that worked out fine and before you know it you will be keeping up with the workout. Keep me informed:D!

Hey Barbg-Where did you go?

ageoldie
07-16-2002, 04:37 PM
Boy it's been a long time since I've looked at this thread, or even longer since I've done any O. I've got to get back, so I thought Maybe If I came back to the Oxycise thread, I get motivated again.

Rose, I'm doing great. I've lost 30 pounds since Alvin's surgery and he already lost almost 100 pounds. He's feeling okay, much better than he has in years. He's even started going to the health club and walking in the water for exercise about 3 times a week.

I go back to the hospital on the 26th to have my other knee done, and I want to be in really good shape, so I need to get back to my Oxycise. Do you have the AB tape? What's it like?

Sharon, Have you received your tapes yet? Don't you love em? It really does work if you do them. But they don't help the VCR much by sitting on em!!! Let us know how you're doing.

Giraffe
07-17-2002, 12:36 PM
Hi Barbg-

Yes, I did receive my tapes, although my vcr does look a bit thinner :lol: , it looks better than I do. -just joking.

I havn't gotten motivated yet but the program looks great. I'll let you know how I do.

Let's try to get motivated together!!

I keep telling myself -don't think about it -DO IT!!!

Thanx for writting -Sharon

ras8779
07-18-2002, 05:31 PM
Hi Everybody:)!

Wow it's been a while since I've posted on here. It got really quiet on here for a while.

I've been trying to exercise but haven't gotten any where near the results that you've gotten Barb! WOW!:) I'm so happy for you and I'm glad all is well with the hubby. The ab tape is a good one. It's one of my favorite Oxycise workouts. It really works but of course you have to use it. That's been my problem. I've been doing allot of walking and it's been helping. I do the commuter tape every day but I think I need the videos too. I'm going to start doing them in the morning and do my Leslie's after work. I've dropped about 20 pounds so far but I have about 40 more to go. It seem so far away.

Sharon-Yes do O with us! We need to keep each other motivated. I'll try to post more often. Even if it's to say yes I did O or no I didn't do O. We can do this together:D!

Take care everyone and let's start doing some heavy breathing;)!

ageoldie
07-18-2002, 06:41 PM
Rose, I;m not sure if I have the ab tape or not, I'll have to check it out. Anyway I ready to start back up. I really need you and anyone else who can help to keep me motivated.

ras8779
07-19-2002, 11:45 AM
TGIF everybody:D!

Good morning. I'm so glad it's Friday. I just can't tell you how much.

Barbg-Here I am. We'll keep each other motivated. I did my commuter tape this morning and last night I did L2 just to unwind after I did a Leslie 3 mile walk. I bought a pedometer a while back and I'm trying to make sure I get 10,000 steps in a day. It's a struggle for me seeing I have a sit down job. Yesterday I did 12,100 steps. I was so happy. Okay we can do this. Just drop in everyday or as much as you can.

Sharon-Are you out there? Check in with us.

Okay back to work:)! I'll check in later.

meglet
07-21-2002, 11:08 PM
omg it's been forever since i've posted here, but i really want to start oxycising again. this is where i first heard about it so i'm back. my goal is to start oxycising every morning when i wake up to start my day off right.

ras8779
07-22-2002, 07:12 PM
Hi everybody,

Meglet-I remember you! I'm so glad you're joining us:D! We need to keep this thread rolling. Hey I will post once a day just to keep on track.

Barbg and Sharon-Please check in. Even if you haven't been doing O everyday check in anyway.

Okay I want to tell you how much O really works. I've been doing the commuter tape in the mornings and on the way home for about a week and today someone said "wow, you are really dropping the weight, what are you doing?" Now if that isn't testimony I don't know what is. I have been doing Leslie Sansone's walking but I know that O is helping me get quicker results. I can't tell you how great it makes me feel. Plus I haven't even been watching my eating. That's the good part. So I'm sticking with it. It helps relax me when I'm driving too. We can do this:D!

meglet
07-24-2002, 04:45 PM
ok so i haven't done any O since i last posted, but i'm hereby commiting to doing it on the way home from work. i can't do the full out commuter tape cause i bring a bunch of kids home and they will laugh, but i can do some of the moves without anyone noticing.

i'll post later tonight to let ya'll know that i did.

Giraffe
07-27-2002, 07:03 AM
Hi everyone-

I'm still here, I havn't been motivated to do much of anything. I've been out of work since 11/01, (makes me lazy :yawn: without anywhere to go, tough even to get out of the house, but doing better lately )

I got a job just yesterday, I start Monday. I'll commit to doing the commuter tape, it'll take about 1/2 hour to get there.

Stay active!

ageoldie
07-29-2002, 09:44 AM
Actually I;m writing this post from my hospital bed. I had my second knee replacement surgery Friday. Hopefully I'll get to go home today. if not today tomorrow at the latest. It will be the perfect time to start my O'ing again. Since I can't leave the house, and will have my other exercises that I'll have to be doing 2 or 3 times a day. I'll just work in the Oxycise and I'll be ready to roll by this time next month.

Together we can do this!!!

Maxwell
07-29-2002, 10:07 AM
Hi!
I haven't heard of Oxycise before (although I have heard of another breathing type of exercise).

Can you all tell me how long you've been doing it, what your results have been and if you've modified your diet during this time.

Thanks!

ageoldie
07-30-2002, 02:39 PM
I've been doing Oxycise off and on for about 3 years. Unfortunately it's been more off here lately. With only one week of Oxycising people start to comment on how much weight I've been loosing. It only takes about 15 t0 30 minutes a day, but You do have to do it.

We'd love to have you join us. I seem to do much better when I have other people around waiting for me to confess if I been good or bad. So come on in and let's get to breathing

ras8779
08-01-2002, 07:56 PM
Hi Everyone:wave:!

I'm still here! My brother was really ill with pneumonia and an infected gall bladder. I had to fly home to be with my mother and help him pull through. He is on his way to recovery and I'm so grateful:)! I want to give a testimonial about Oxycise and how it's helped me through this stressful time. I'm a person that worries allot and with my brother's illness I wouldn't have made it through without Oxycise. It really helped me relax enough so I could sleep at night and it helped my mom as well who made me leave one of my tapes there so she can continue doing Oxycise. And she's 72! I was doing just the commuter tape and that works great too but doing the workouts really stretch the muscles much like Pilates. I didn't realize how much I missed doing the workouts until I started doing them again. So give it a chance it really does work.

Barbg-I hope you have a speedy recovery!:) I've missed you on here. I know O will help with your healing process. How's your hubby?

Meglet-the commuter tape is great isn't it? It really does work. And hey it can't hurt doing some heavy breathing with all those crazy drivers out there. I would be lost without mine. Keep up the good work.:D

Giraffe-Congrats on the new job.:) O will be a great way to start your mornings. It will get you going if you do it the first thing. I feel so much more alert when I do O in the morning.

Maxwell-welcome! Give O a try. I bet you'll end up liking it. I've been doing O on and off for so many years I've lost count. It's one set of tapes that I will never get rid of. I hope you decide to give it a try:).

Okay I have to run. I'll try to check in more often now that I'm back. Take care everyone and keep Oeing.

Shasta27
08-01-2002, 09:02 PM
hi rose,

Remember me??????
Shasta here in seattle.
Just started up excercising not to long ago, again.
Hope you don't mind if I join your thread.
I just got this system called escape your shape!
Whoah...talk about workout...hehe.
I do denise austin kickboxing workout on my off days.
I rest on saturday and sunday. I live for those...hehe.
I also have this program called dietpower i've been keeping track of my calories. We'll see how this goes.
Hubby is ordering me a new workout video from prevention.
Hope all is well. I'm excited about these new changes.

Well girls! Let's burn butter!!!!!!!

Shasta

ageoldie
08-02-2002, 01:50 PM
Rose: Glad your brother is doing well. I've been very good to get at least one O workout in during the day. I'm basically doing the "Easy Does It" series and doing most of the positions laying down in the bed. Once my knee is recovered enought to work out normally, I'll go back to the other series.

Thanks for asking about Alvin/ He's doing great. He's already lost over 100 pounds and is feeling better than he has in years. They have been able to cut both his diabetes and high blood pressure meds in half, and he thinks that the next time he goes to the doctor they will take him off it completely. And as a sidebar: I've lost about 30 pounds since his surgery because our whole lifestyle has changed. No more stopping for fast food, or eating in resturants with huge plates of food. He can not drink anything carbonated, so I decided I didn't need them either, so I have not had any cokes since he got out of the hospital about 4/20/02.

Girafe: What type of job did you get? what will byoube doing, and what kind of hours will you be working? new jobs are a great time to start new lifestyle changes, and exercise is the best lifestyle change anyone can make. I am one week post op from a knee replacement surgery and the recovery has been so easy because I was in such good physical shape because of exercising every day. If you can imagine a 265 pound middle age woman being in great physical shape, that's me!!!

Meglet: How's your committment to the commuter tape comming? I've got the commuter tape in both my car and my husbands. too bad I haven't been using it. maybe you and Rose will inspire me to get my act together. My problem is that I don't have a drive anymore. Right now our office is only about 5 minutes away, but we just signed the papers on a new building, and about the time I'm able to go back to work we will be moving in, and it's not 2 minutes away. Would you believe the same street that the new building is the SAME STREET that runs down the back of our house!!! It's about a mile down the street, maybe two, but later I may try walking to work. I've always wanted to do that!!!

Maxwell: Have we convinced you to join us? Oxycise does work!!!

Shasta: Tell us about the Escape your shape program?
What's it like? Is it just a particular exercise video, or is it a whole eating plan? I've never heard of it, but would like to know more.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Shasta27
08-02-2002, 06:39 PM
Hi gals,

How we all doing this fine day???
I hope good!
I am starting to reap the benefits of excercise again. It feels good.

Escape your shape is a system. Basically their are four shapes that ppl are ruler, cone, hourglass, and spoon. Basically when you figure out what shape you are you follow these different excercises in this program. You have a tape you follow...basically it's intervel training. You have a bar you excercise with, do different toning and weight training excercises and then you do 3 minutes of walking, touch step, jumping jacks or a piece of aerobic equipment u might have like treadmill, bike or i use the rower, so it's split...you to ten minutes aerobics, then your toning excercises...3 minutes of aerobics , then the rest of your toning...three minutes aerobics...etc. Your abdominal excercises...
Today is my third time working out with it. Boy it makes you sweat.
At first I was skeptical I can do it but believe it or not I can. I'm a big girl and had my doubts.
I'm happy to say it's working for me, so far.
They also have a website www.escapeyourshape.com if u want to check it out. It's all about working out smarter according to your shape. Like for me heavy weightlifting is not recommended for my shape or squats. More aerobic activities, to really lose weight. I'm an hourglass.

I've been checking out O on their website tooo. I am very interested in what you guys have told me so far. It's sounds like it has done some really exciting things for you all.

Barb-it sounds like you and your husband have made some real life changes, sounds so very exciting. I'm still trying to go thru some of those changes myself. It will take some time I'm sure but in the long run it will be better for us :-) Keep up the good work!
Rose- Hope your brother is feeling better. Just wondering how everything is going with ya. Sounds like your doing some wonderful things with O. Sounds like a wonderful program and it is really working for ya.

Well you guys keep up the good work!!!!!!! Have a wonderful relaxing weekend.

Take care,
Shasta

ageoldie
08-05-2002, 01:16 PM
Scratch everythig I've said ablut how good Alvin was doing. Yesterday morning we had to take him to emergency and last night at 1:30AM the finished his surgery. They had to completely openhim up. Where the small bowel was connected had formed some adhesions and had blocked his bowels and they had been leaking for quite some while, and yesterday morning it burst.

He is in intensive care and will be for about a week or so, and the say that he will be in the hospital several weeks. While he's in intesnsive care I am at home trying to take care of my knee.

Keep us in your thoughts and prayers as this is liable to be a long drawn out affair.

ras8779
08-07-2002, 07:10 PM
Oh Barb I am so sorry to hear about Alvin:(! You both are in my thoughts and prayers. I pray for both of your quick recoveries. Please keep us posted okay?

ageoldie
08-10-2002, 06:50 PM
Alvin was finally taken to a room on the surgery floor Friday night about 6:00PM. 5 days in the ICU waiting room is a long time.

Prayers definately work!!! His doctors are amazed at how well he is doing. We talked to his surgeon (the one who did the original surgery, not the emergency surgery Sunday) He said that the ERsurgeon called him from the or Sunday night ant told him what she found when she open him up and he (the doc) thought that there wasn't a chance Alvin would survive, much less feel this well at this point. They think that he may get to go home in about a week.

Thanks again for the prayers.

meglet
08-11-2002, 05:00 PM
ahh i am being such a slacker. and i have no excuse. i'm glad alvin is doing better you are both in my thoughts.

i had about a week of being really consistent then i lost it. , gotta start up again. my job ended so no more commuter tape, but that's ok cause i have time to do it during the day. rawr, wish me luck kids i need to break out of my slacker unemployed mode.

ageoldie
08-25-2002, 02:43 PM
I know I've been MIA. health problems all around, but things are better now, so I plan to get back with the program. What about the rest of you? What's your excuses? need me around to cheerlead? Ok if that's it, I'm Back so now let's all get to Oxycising!!! In,two,three Out,two three...

ras8779
09-13-2002, 05:21 PM
Sorry I haven't been around much lately:(! I forgot my password and just now thought of it. It seems like it's been pretty quiet on here lately.

Barbg-How are things going with you? How are you progressing after your surgery and how is your DH? I hope you're doing well. I do my O! commuter tape every morning. If I don't get a chance to at least do that one I feel sluggish all day. I'm thinking about doing one of my videos right before bed to help me relax. I hope you check on here now and then. I know it's been a while since anyone has posted. Post when you can.:)!

I know there must be more then just me and Barbg doing O! Come on and join us. :D