100 lb. Club - Not Losing Pounds--I guess its time to Exercise

MugCanDoIt
02-26-2009, 10:33 AM
Well the scale isnt budging. I guess I need to quit making excuses and start exercising. My plan is to get up at 5 am and go to the gym cause I just cant do it in the evening, with work, cooking dinner, and etc.

So........today will kick off the Exercising for me, with a walk at lunch time, then tomorrow morning I am getting up at 5 and heading to the frigging gym. Believe me Im not looking forward to it.

But I must make myself do it if I want results!!!!!!! :?:

Nada
02-26-2009, 11:12 AM
Hey, exercising isn't the worst thing in the world. You might come to enjoy it. I did. The time at the gym is my "me time". No other responsiblilites--just to work up a good sweat.

wchs2007
02-26-2009, 11:14 AM
I hate to exercise.. I have to make myself.. I walk and have a Gazelle..I also do the 30 day Shred .. But I must say I hate the 30 day shred so I miss doing it a lot. I am going to make myself do it for 30 days starting tomorrow..lol

beerab
02-26-2009, 11:25 AM
Yeah I think that's my problem too- but with my husband being sick lately it's just been hard to get my butt to the gym and work out.

haleysmommy5402
02-26-2009, 12:23 PM
good luck i hope that helps the number drop .. i hate exercising also .. but i have been doing it and im still stalled out .. i thought i would lose more then 8lbs before i stalled!! ugh so frustrating!!

evillynn33
02-26-2009, 12:23 PM
:(I seem to have the opposite problem when I wasnt exercising I was losing weight seens I started exercising I haven't lost a thing and it is really depressing me.

Kae
02-26-2009, 03:15 PM
:(I seem to have the opposite problem when I wasnt exercising I was losing weight seens I started exercising I haven't lost a thing and it is really depressing me.

Yr not alone... I have had this problem for the last week and a half too... but I figure it will all equal out eventually. I just need to practice some patience.

Kae
02-26-2009, 03:17 PM
Mug-

Way to take charge today and start with a walk at work. :) That is a great way to get in some movement. I think it is great that you have figured out a time of day that will work better for you. My evenings are crunched too... but I just can't seem to get myself out of bed any earlier, regardless of how much sleep I get.

Let us know how the gym goes for you!

mj5
02-26-2009, 04:09 PM
Good for you! For me, exercise is the key. Of course, eating well is a big part of it too! Working out in the morning is an awesome way to start the day. I wish I could get up early enough to do it, unfortunately I just can't, so I go right after work.

MugCanDoIt
02-26-2009, 06:11 PM
Well Im hoping I can have the umph to make my butt get up and not hit snooze until I have 10 minutes left to get to work!! I CAN DO IT......Oh I hope I do it!!

lonegirl
02-26-2009, 09:31 PM

Have you kept track of your measurements other than weight? What is likely happening is that you are putting on muscle while losing fat! Fat takes up 5x the space in the body that muscle does.

lonegirl
02-26-2009, 09:33 PM
The key with exercise is finding something you like to do! Be it Richard Simmons/Aerobic Class at the gym/Free weights/walking/running/Wii Fit/Whatever you can do to keep moving

Randi
02-26-2009, 10:42 PM
Good luck Mug!

I agree with Nada - I love my gym time (although I am an evening person).... It is definitely my "Me Time" and I actually get cranky when I don't get my "Me Time".

Wow - 0500 is impressive.... the only thing I can do at that time of the morning is Yoga....

Let us know how it worked out for you!

CeCeLee
02-28-2009, 12:13 AM
I was having the same problem. I stopped losing and I was stuck in a rut. I started exercising using the Wii Fitness Trainer 3 days a week and sometimes doing the tabata method using jumping jacks (phew...now THATS a workout). It doesn't take much time and it's helping since I lost about 4lbs this week :).

Good luck!

geoblewis
02-28-2009, 10:45 AM
I've been in a "rut" for several months. I don't seem to lose weight unless I drop below 1750 cal. a day. Not too good, since I'm tall and have a large frame. Starving never worked for permanent weight loss for me.

I recently added a workout to my routine, 15 minutes of HIIT on the treadmill, right when I get out of bed, before breakfast. I was able to knock off a couple of pounds last week.

You can read about everything I've tried for the last year at my blog...http://half-the-woman.blogspot.com/

Georgia

fiberlover
02-28-2009, 11:58 AM
Good for you on getting started! View exercise as something you do for you, and something your body needs. Being able to move and exercise is a privilege, not everyone can - so take advantage of it and build the best, strongest body you can!
:lifter: