Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:09 PM   #1  

Default Bistro MD on HSN

Hi, I have been reading the boards for a long time but just joined. I have been interested in trying Bistro MD since last summer but finally made the jump when I saw it presented on HSN. I received my first shipment today and was very disappointed. The shipping box and cooler looked fine but upon opening the cooler the dry ice was lying outside of its bag and all of the food was torn from the containers. Both the plastic wrap and black bottoms were destroyed for all of the entrees. The snacks made it unscathed. HSN was great. They are having a new shipment sent out but I am wondering if anyone has experienced these issues with shipping of the product before or if it's just a fluke. I am set on auto delivery but will cancel if the next batch comes ruined also.
itsmytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:59 PM   #2  

itsmytime, Welcome to Bistro food..........

No it is not the usual.... at all..
I have been getting this food for more than 7 months.. and never have had a problem.with the only exception being they were trying some NEW items and new containers and I had a similar experience.. I called them and the credited me for all the meals that were not up to standard AND they told me they will not send me those any further Now I can't speak for what HSN will do but the Bistro / Biggest loser meal delivery plan people will work with you on correcting the issue.
. Please contact them directly and they will fix the issue I am sure...
The food is the Best tasting stuff and even after all these months I STILL LIKE THE STUFF....... and I have lost ton's of weight.
I live in Florida and never have had a defrosted meal ever not even in the dead of summer........
I hope you enjoy the food as much as I have.....If you have questions pop over to the Bistro forum and ask away.......
crenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/155.5/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi! I just received my first shipment today, and everything looked to be in perfect order, so I'm hoping your mishap was just a fluke.
doughchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:56 PM   #4  

Doughtime, How has the plan been for you so far? I'm still awaiting my replacement delivery.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:10 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/155.5/135

Height: 5'5"

Sorry to hear you're still waiting for your delivery. All that anticipation!:

Well, I've been on Bistro officially since Friday and though I've only sampled a few things so far, I find them more good than bad. A few things I've tried:

Breakfasts:
Oatmeal was a little strange but ok. I think they add protein powder to it.
English muffin with peanut butter. YUM.
Bagel with cream cheese is a great surprise, as it's one of my fave breakfasts.
I'm trying the egg sandwich tomorrow.

Snacks:
I don't care for the shakes at all. They taste very artificial to me and don't fill me up at all. I like to chew!
I really enjoy the soy crisps. Very satisfying and I like the flavors, but I know they get mixed reviews. The one bar I've tried so far was very tasty.

Lunches/Dinners:
A couple of these were great! I really liked the cheese ravioli with sauce and veg, loved the shrimp creole with rice and beans and tropical fruit. So good. And the stuffed chicken was good too. None of the entrees I tried so far were inedible. Sometimes the vegetables seem watery and other times they are exactly right (it depends on the veg, I guess.) I found the steak to be a bit gristly, but it had good flavor. Today I had chicken and rice soup, which was good, but I was hungry soon after.

It bothers me that there are a lot of items with artificial sweeteners, but I'll see how it goes.

I haven't done a weigh-in yet, so I don't know the progress there, but I think some of the bloat from water is starting to go.

I do intend to keep going with Bistro for at least a few more weeks.

Let me know when you get your box and how you like it.

Last edited by doughchick; 03-03-2009 at 12:12 AM.
doughchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:03 AM   #6  

Doughchick.........
Glad your liking most of the stuff in your box...... several comments for you to consider.. What your getting at HSN is different from the 2 programs that Bistro has.. Bistro MD and Biggest Loser Meal Delivery plans.....so if you are planning on staying on the plan for a period of time. You may want to check out what they have directly from them

Suggestion: The first week or two I think we all go through a adjustment to lower food volume and reduced carbs. The calories of this plan range between 1100 to about 1350 per day....now that is more than enough but not nearly what we all have been eating.
First as far as the snacks.. be sure to eat them regardless of if you think there is enough there. all the snacks have ton's of protein in them and if you give it a about 10 min post consuming them you will be surprised ... 2nd the snack drinks.. recommended to me and what I do is add Lots more water .... I get one of those giant thermal drink cups and fill it with water and then mix the protein drink into it.. it tastes very much like kool aid...... If you find initially your too hungry keep a few string cheese around.
3rd.. Don't forget you have access to a dietitian..on line.. she is very helpful with dealing with your particular issues... example she may tell you to add a third snack to your day or add a salad.. something like that. Take advantage of her guidance.

It gets loads easier after about the 3rd week.. Your body gets into the mode and the weight starts to drop. and really I am seldom hungry..... and at times have to force myself to eat dinner some nights. But right now it is really important to eat every 3-4 hours........ and focus on protein vs other things.. ( my recommendations only))

The preparation gets easier.. and would STRONGLY recommend not heating the stuff in that awful black package. take the food out and put on a real plate.. if there is too much liq you can get it off before finishing.... I heat the meat/chicken first for about 3 min then add the rest of the stuff and heat 3-4 minutes. That way the veggies don't get over done while your heating the thicker meat portion.
If you have any question just post and some of us old timers will be glad to give your our 2 cents worth hehehehe
Renita
Old 03-03-2009, 11:12 AM   #7  

Crenita, Do you know what the difference is from the HSN to the regular website? They didn't differentiate that when I watched the show so I assumed I would be getting the diets that were posted online.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:47 AM   #8  

from what I read on the meal plan at HSN. and what we get it is different.. they probably have made a meal plan that is specific to HSN .... read both of the website Bistro and Biggest Loser Meal Delivery.. you will see for yourself. the difference.......... Also at the site.. you can vary what you want.. i.e if you want to leave off the breakfasts for instance and only have the lunches and dinners.. they will do that.. does cut down a lot on the cost.

Also if you only want say just dinners.. they will do that as well... ....just a overall more flexible to what might work both within your needs and your budget. The Biggest loser plan is a tat cheaper but the food is good as well.. the major difference is the Bistro plan has 6 week rotation of the food vs 4 week rotation on BL plan.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:11 AM   #9  
banned

Is the food among the two plans any different or just the choices?
chinchillables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:16 PM   #10  

I have tried both and it is just , in my opinion, the choices.. Same food just not as many varieties and some of the higher prices stuff i.e. salmon doesn't come as often but otherwise it was the same
Old 03-04-2009, 01:25 PM   #11  

I just received my replacement delivery and I am so disappointed. There are five entrees that are ripped open so atleast everything isn't ruined and hopefully I can start the plan but I wanted to follow it correctly. I called Bistro directly this time and I am supposed to have a supervisor call back today with what they can do to remedy the problem. The lady I spoke acknowledged that they are having issues with damage with the HSN shipments. I asked if they were coming from a different supplier and if so can I get the other supplier. She said the supervisor will have to answer that when she calls me back.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:39 PM   #12  

press on that issue...
The few items I received in the black containers were not sealed, in my opinion, properly..... and the thin plastic cover does not withstand the travel...... Again PRESS the issue with them...... I am sure they will make it right.
They are usually very very good about correcting issues..