South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 06:21 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Wacky Wonderful Wednesday Warblings

Am I first? I lead such a pathetic life!

Sunshine is on the menu this morning with the temp going up to just above freezing this afternoon. I may see if I can persuade Jazz to walk on the lead outside. He is completely unclear of the concept and prefers to be a free spirit.

Survived the pancake supper last night, socialized a lot and avoided going for seconds. I must admit I really enjoyed the meal but am not going near the scale this morning! The cemetery board meeting went well and we got a lot covered - including replacing the secretary who has not come to a meeting or sent regrets for 10 months. Things should be better.

Odds and ends are on the schedule today. I'll let you know if anything exciting happens - like The Boss showing up to take me away!
Old 02-25-2009, 07:24 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

You are first and you are the Queen of Alliteration! Glad to hear things are looking up on the cemetery board. If Bruce Springsteen shows up take pictures

Just another Wednesday around here. Work is tense these days. The boss is having the "would you rather be laid off or have your salary cut?" discussions with people. I appreciate being asked but it does make it all feel rather tenuous. It's also interesting to watch some people really scramble to prove how indispensable they are. Times like these bring out some previouslly unseen sides of people.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 02-25-2009, 07:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chickies!!

Ruth - we have a pancake supper....I'm thinking of not going!! I made my kids regular pancakes the other day, and made myself a tiny (nickel sized) one....it was horrible!! I'm officially addicted to whole grain pancakes! Good luck with Disney today!

Cyndi - Hmmm....unfortunate at work. My boss told me I probably couldn't get a raise this year, I'm definately okay with that. However, when she turns around and buys an expensive 'toy' a week later, I'm not so sure....

Me - I'm supposed to be on surgery today, but none on the schedule!! YAY! Now, to figure out what to do with myself! I need new running shoes, etc. etc. And it might be warm enough to run outside!!

Things seem to be going well on the house. Scheduled closing on March 12th!! I can't believe it, that's only 2 weeks away. THen, I have room for stuff again!

Have a great day ladies!
Old 02-25-2009, 07:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Ruth "The cemetery board meeting went well and we got a lot covered" You're so funny. Was the secretary one of the ones you covered?
Cyndi, sorry about the job woes.

Another day on the road for me. I'm going to put together a taco bake so I can just pop it in the oven when I get home. Any NoVa chicks want to do lunch? Happy hump day all.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Good Morning!

Congratulations, Ruth, for surviving pecan pie!

Cyndi -- Keep your head up. According to Bernake, we'll be out of the recession by the end of the year!

Twynn -- The last 'real' job I had before Auston, the boss paid more for his country club memberships per year than I made per year. I know, I balanced all his personal accounts. There should be some shame....

Me: We're leaving for Louisiana Friday morning. My dad's birthday is March 2. I need to get him a birthday present today. Tomorrow will be full of laundry and packing. It's the only time I'm ever excited about laundry.

Hope your day is Wonderful and Wacky.

ETA: Schmoodle-- Wish I were close. Lunch out is my favorite!

Last edited by Chelby29; 02-25-2009 at 07:46 AM.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:45 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Schmoodle, you are a smarty-pants. I didn't realize what I'd said until I posted.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:53 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

I've been pretty busy already, trying to get a lot done before I go in this afternoon. I have to work late tonight so I have the morning off, and I decided to strip the beds, clean the oven, and give the rest of the house a good cleaning. I have the first load of laundry in the dryer already, so I'm making progress.

Ruth, I'm glad your meeting and supper went well last night. I had to chuckle over that "got a lot covered", too.

Cyndi, it's so sad that everyone with a job seems to be walking on hot coals these days. I hope your job stays secure. Let's hope our president is right and that things will start looking better very soon!

Twynne, have a nice day off! Have you started packing yet?

Schmoodle, if I were closer I'd love to meet for lunch! We'll have to plan a lunch date once the weather warms up. Be safe on the road today!

My coffee cup is empty, so I'd better get on the ball and get all these chores done before I have to meet the school bus at noon. I have to work late again tomorrow night, too, but I should be thankful that I still have a job, I guess.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:14 AM   #8  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

morning all..i'm gonna attempt to pack for my trip on friday (i hate packing). anyways i'll pop in later
Old 02-25-2009, 08:21 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5''

good wednesday morning chick-a-dees.... exhausted again this morning.. savvy was up through the night, i think shes gettin another tooth comin in... trying to think what im gonna make for supper tonight... leftovers maybe. my step counter isnt working properly... only counting part of my steps... here i was thinking i was getting lazy lol...
ruth- glad you did okay yesterday
chelby-louisiana... oh how i wish.. thats one of my dream places to visit some day
cottage-i hate cleanng the oven! lol
schmoodle-i gotta check out what this taco bake is
twynne-better get pack-a-lacking lol
cyndi-hard times does seem to bring out the not so nice side of people

have a great day on the beach gals

stacy xxx
Old 02-25-2009, 08:43 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 339.2/327.6/175

Height: 5'10"

Morning ladies! Hope everyone has a great day.

Chelby - I hate getting ready for a trip but once i get there it's sooooo much better. Is this the trip where your brother is coming home from Japan?

me4life - Where are you going? Someplace warm I hope.

Cyndi - Sorry work is such a stress. It's just nasty out there right now. Every day I have a friend telling me they've lost a job or their landlord is selling their place, etc. It's a scary time right now but hopefully it will get better soon.

Me - My little guy is home sick from school. I have to bring my car into the shop for new brakes. I've got a Peapod order coming in later today. Otherwise, it's a day of cleaning my house and taking care of my sweetie.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:08 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Stacy, yummy is what it is! It's a sticky in the Ph1 entrees.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:36 AM   #12  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Speedy peck-in...I have appointments and presentations and seeds to order, oh my!

At our spaghetti Mardi Gras supper (I abstained and had a yummy veggie burger on WW with veggies at home) last night, I learned that pancake suppers are customary on Shrove Tuesday in England, Ireland, and Australia. Apparently, Canada, too, eh? Why are they customary, Ruth? I'm always curious about such things...

Hope everyone has a bright and sunny day that is full of healthy eating and exercising!

Last edited by beachgal; 02-25-2009 at 09:38 AM.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:42 AM   #13  
sophie

Good Morning, I've been missing for a few days. Big software crash. Thankfully I have a son that's a computer geek and was able to fix it but it took him any hours. All the software had to be reloaded.

Ruth - you guys put up alot with a secretary that didn't show for 10 months, I hate when someone doesn't committ to their job. But things should be better now.

Cyndi - its so hard these days on the job front, you find out so much about people at times like that and also at potlucks.

Tywnn - I can see how excited you are getting. It will be nice way to start spring.

Schmoodles - hope you have a nice sunny day for your road trip.

Chelby - I loved Louisanna the couple of times I visited it. Have fun dancing.

me4 life - have a good trip and don't overpack.

cottage - yikes, so much energy in the morning.

Stacy - Hope to get a little rest today.

Got to go and make grocery list. I like shopping on Wednesdays when the stores aren't so crowded.
Sophie

but there is no such
Old 02-25-2009, 10:17 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5''

i do need more rest... problem is ive been feeling a little wonky the past few months... think im starting the change of life... my TOM (time of month) has been strange, im crampy alot of the time, mood swings like you would not believe!, energy level comes and goes... just alot of weird stuff that im not used to. i lay in bed some nights... for hours... its maddeniing i tell ya, especially when you know you have to get up in a few hours and start all over again. i can get angry at the drop of a hat. just strange stuff... any of this sound familiar to anyone??? i dont know, maybe im depressed lol. i laugh but i am serious. im not suicidal or anything, quite the opposite, im terrified of dying and leaving my kids motherless. speaking of kids, savannah is up and crying, gotta go, talk to ya'll later...

have a great day
stacy xxx
Old 02-25-2009, 10:20 AM   #15  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

MomPOM -- Yes, my brother is coming from Okinawa Japan. He is already in the States. He has training at Tinker AFB in Oklahoma City for a week. I haven't seen him since last July. Mom is making her famous seafood gumbo. Even without rice, it's a carb-rich dish because of the roux. Maybe just one serving.

Sophie -- My sister and I do dance in the kitchen! We can cut-a-rug to Wayne Toups!

ETA: Stacy -- You may have a hormone imbalance, or you may be starting the change. I turned 40 in June, in July I started missing cycles. (Not pregnant). Since July, I've had 2 cycles. I'm on The Pill and the Dr. says it's normal???

Last edited by Chelby29; 02-25-2009 at 10:23 AM.
Closed Thread