Weight Loss Support - bumping the ticker back... and back ...and...

flatiron
02-24-2009, 09:50 AM
AHHHH I just got to bump my ticker back two pounds again! Funny how I love doing this! Everytime I post to 3FC and I see that ticker it gives me a visual to see the progress I am making.

MAN it feels good to bump it back! Anyone else feel this way???

I was 306 last week and I was so certain I would go under 300 this week at my WW weigh in last night but alas not to be! I only lost 2lbs this week not the 6lbs I was hoping.

But it's all still good now I KNOW if I stay on track I will be under 300 NEXT week at my weigh in!

I feel so good today even though I still have over a 100lbs left to lose. I haven't had a back ache since I started losing and I can once again climb stairs without gasping for air and I had a check up at the VA Hospital yesterday and the records show I had lost 28 lbs since my last visit (2 months ago) and the doc was thrilled to say the least and checked everything else out and my bloodwork looked good and my BP was very low and he said I may even be able to reduce the amount of BP meds I am taking.

It seems I have halted my weight gain before I had done damage ie; diabetes, heart problems, back and joint problem.

Nothing like a clean bill of health from the doc to make you feel like a million bucks.... for a while anyways! LOL!

Life is good and I hope all of you all feel good today also!

I have good days and bad days and today... is a good day!

CHEERS ALL! I am heading to the Y and have a nice workout!

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

MonteCristo
02-24-2009, 10:42 AM
I feel the same way. Any week that I get to move my ticker (I only weigh once a week) is a great week!

Congrats on all the great health news! I think my favorite thing about losing weight was the almost total disappearance of my back pain. I was taking ibuprofen every single day for the pain, and since having lost weight I've only had back pain twice (and they were both my own fault).

corazonas
02-24-2009, 11:08 AM
i LOVE bumping my ticker back too!! granted, i just got it less than i week ago and i was only a few lbs from my goal but seeing all the work i had done before was a HUGE self esteem boost.

congrats on your loss by the way, you're doing really great!! and you TOTALLY earned it!!

Thighs Be Gone
02-24-2009, 11:13 AM
I don't do a ticker (really, I should) but I love adjusting my profile. Yes, such a beautiful visual seeing the numbers when I log in.

Lori Bell
02-24-2009, 11:13 AM
Oh that 2 pounds is golden! I remember when I was in the 300ish zone and how crazy the scale would be. One week it would be -5, the next week -1 the next week -6, then -1 again. If you are anything like me, next week will be the bomb to get you well into the 2's!

I love moving my ticker too...unfortunately last week it was a pound in the wrong direction! Looking forward to Friday to show it who's boss!

Congrats! Way to go and keep up the good work!

junebug41
02-24-2009, 11:18 AM
Yay for the clean bill of health! To me that's a HUGE motivation that pays exponentially :)

That was the one good thing about bringing back my ticker- that I got to watch it go down!

DCHound
02-24-2009, 11:21 AM
I feel so good today even though I still have over a 100lbs left to lose.

Me too! Good for you!!! Look out 2's, here you come!

rockinrobin
02-24-2009, 12:03 PM
I also never had a ticker. But I did LOVE changing my stats every Monday morning. It really was thrilling to me.

Congrats on another great week Flatiron. You are gonna OWN those 2 hundreds before you know it. That ticker's gonna keep on sliding down ... and down... and down.. and down.

And about having to lose another 100 lbs. There was a point during my journey, that I felt SO marvelous and SO confident, that I felt as if I could have lost 200 lbs or more, if needed to be. I mean granted, I'm glad I didn't HAVE to, but that's just how SURE I felt that I would/could keep on losing. So absolutely - FEEL MARVELOUS and don't fret the numbers. You stick to your plan, be open to tweaking as need be - and that 100 lbs will steadily decrease - till they're gone. history. finito. adios. outta your life. :)

blackbutterfly
02-24-2009, 12:37 PM
i can't wait to bump mine back again!! I'm trying real hard to break out of the plateau zone!

fatmad
02-27-2009, 08:26 PM
Flatiron, you are awesome. Making such a turn around in your life could have been so difficult, but you have made it into triumph. Keep it you, you are going down in weight and going up in health. We all admire you, and are thrilled for your loss!

harrismm
02-27-2009, 08:41 PM
Good for you!Two pounds is great.A nice healthy pace.