100 lb. Club - I can now wear high heels!!!!

View Full Version : I can now wear high heels!!!!

ChocLabLover
02-23-2009, 01:53 PM
This is big for me. For years, I have avoided high heels like the plague, simply because after wearing them even for a few hours, the balls of my feet would be aching and my knees screaming from the pain. Of course, I was too dense to realize that my weight had EVERYTHING to do with it.

This past weekend, I thought I would treat myself to some new shoes. I love the look of the pointy toe shoes that are now out, but again with my fear of heels, I was not sure I could "suffer" for beauty. I keep forgetting how much weight I truly have lost and the difference it is making on my health. Biggest difference of course is stress on the joints.

This is the picture of a shoe I now can wear with comfort.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d108/ChocLabLover/PGNWNIDDYDKREDLEPE.jpg

I think I have found another addiction! :D

time2lose
02-23-2009, 02:01 PM
Wow! Wow! Congrats! They look great!

Daimere
02-23-2009, 02:17 PM
So, once I lose the weight I will be able to wear heels? *puts that on the list of why to lose weight* I'm horribly unbalanced in heels when I do force myself to wear them.

DCHound
02-23-2009, 02:45 PM
I haven't worn heels like that since I was in college. How bad do a person at a normal weight's feet hurt at the end of the day wearing shoes like that? I'm curious, because I don't know the answer to that question. Anyone?

ChocLabLover
02-23-2009, 02:50 PM
You need to make sure they fit right, or your feet will still hurt. In other words, they should not pinch. High heels (in practice) are bad for your feet for lots of reasons.

1) Throws your back alignment out

2) Puts a lot of pressure on the front of your foot instead of having the weight distributed on the arch of the foot

3) Bunions, hammer toes, etc

Now, will I wear the above every single day? Probably not. I have seen what years of high heel wear have done to my mom's feet. However, it is nice that I can wear them on occasion and not be bedridden for the next few days afterwards.

kittycat40
02-23-2009, 02:59 PM
I'd say that's a pretty fabulous Non Scale Victory!! :):):)

sws19
02-23-2009, 03:02 PM
I haven't worn heels like that since I was in college. How bad do a person at a normal weight's feet hurt at the end of the day wearing shoes like that? I'm curious, because I don't know the answer to that question. Anyone?

i'm still in the overweight department, but even when i was smaller, they were definitely not comfortable. some are just mildly uncomfortable and some make your feet scream the second you stand up.
it just depends on the particular shoes and on your feet.

Merksie
02-23-2009, 03:12 PM
GREAT shoes and great post!

Like you, I gradually stopped wearing really high heels as I gained weight - not only did they make my knees hurt if I wore them for very long, but my feet actually got too wide for some of them :o.

I'm really looking forward to being able to wear my nice shoes again, and I'll probably give some of the more reasonable ones a try in 20-30 lbs or so. I can't wait!

clarelou
02-23-2009, 03:15 PM
hey great stuff!!! i looouuurrrvvveeee shoes. im only short so love weaing high heels. well done on your weight loss and enjoy your new shoes

Thighs Be Gone
02-23-2009, 03:16 PM
Because of my height, I don't wear like platforms or super high ones, but yes! I am wearing them now too--in fact, almost daily. Most of mine are more like "pumps"--maybe 3.5 inches high or so. When I was larger they were uncomfortable and I felt wide and gigantic. Now, they make me feel slimmer.

On another note, sometimes I feel like wearing pumps kind of gives me a workout. Maybe it's my imagination but it feels like I am using my thigh muscles and calf muscles more.

rockinrobin
02-23-2009, 03:18 PM
Congratulations on a SPECTACULAR NSV. I think high heels are just one of the sexiest things a woman could put on. And I went without them for years and years and years. I couldn't wear them for the same reasons you mentioned. I hated going to wedding and stuff wearing what looked practically like nurses shoes. Oh how inferior and [U]un[U]feminine and horribly self conscious I felt. I cried like a baby when I was able to step back in them. I don't know, but when you put a pair on - you just feel like, like, I don't know - HOT STUFF!!! I can't believe I went so long missing out of that spectacular feeling.

When they say nothing tastes as good as being thin feels - this is one of the times they're speaking about, without a doubt.

Congratulations again and keep up the work - it's worth it. It's worth it. Oh, but you know that already. ;)

cfmama
02-23-2009, 03:20 PM
those are some pretty awesome shoes! That is so cool that you can wear them again!!!

beerab
02-23-2009, 03:22 PM
Congratulations!

Usually the more expensive shoes also have better support so they don't hurt as bad :) Don't go cheap on shoes ever! I learned the hard way :(

lindalou0510
02-23-2009, 03:56 PM
OHHHH Lord! I am a shoe whore!!!! I LOVE high heels, and shoes of ANY KIND!!!!

This is a huge reason why I'm losing weight. I miss wearing my cute pumps, my mary janes, and just my CFMP's...LOL

I feel like such a frump having to wear old lady shoes, but for now, it's all good. I am working on getting out of debt, and I have a promise to myself that once I'm at goal, and out of debt (should be July 2009!! WOOHOOO!!!!) I am buying a pair of Manolo Blahniks!

I can't wait!

corazonas
02-23-2009, 04:07 PM
omg i ALWAYS wear heels!! i LOVE LOVE LOVE shoes. but i have found that now i have lost weight the shoes keep getting taller and taller! i can proudly say that i currently wear 4in heel to go dancing all night and feel GREAT!! (not to mention HOTT!)

Rosinante
02-23-2009, 04:47 PM
Congratulations! what a great nsv, I never thought of that.

JulieJ08
02-23-2009, 06:51 PM
I wish! Losing weight hasn't made heels any more comfortable for me. But I'm glad you can enjoy your heels!

Jennelle
02-23-2009, 07:35 PM
I used to wear heels all the time, too. I love pointy stilletos. They're an instant confidence boost.

I look forward to the day I can wear them again! :D

RN BSN 2009
02-23-2009, 07:38 PM
woohoo !! wtg NSV!

Trazey34
02-23-2009, 08:24 PM
I think a thread devoted to shoes is long overdue! :carrot::carrot: once i lost the muffin top on my FOOT and discovered I don't have fred flintstone feet after all, I was allll about shoesssss hehehe Here's my latest splurge, even the same colour!! with jeans, they look pretty awesome I have to say heheheh I can't quite do the pointy-narrow heel yet, a big woman thundering down the hall in a teeny heel is not something anyone need see!! i'm all about the wedge LOL

WildThings
02-23-2009, 08:35 PM
Congratulations! I can't wait to get back in some of my cute shoes. Right now I wear a pain of Crocs that look similar to maryjanes every single day to work because they are the only thing that don't make my feet hurt. The other women in my office all wear cute heels and boots. So sad when I have a closet full of cute shoes just waiting to come back out.

janann
02-23-2009, 10:03 PM
That is what I am working for is to permanently get rid of the muffin top foot. I love the way a high heel makes the foot and leg look.

pengbear
02-23-2009, 10:43 PM
Oooooh high heels. I love them, I wear them almost every day to work. I do have some that are too narrow so I'm really anxious to lose weight and get back into them, but I have noticed a huge change in wearing heels now and 70 lbs ago.
Congratulations! They're terrible for your back, but they make you feel hot and sexy, and sometimes, it's worth it!

Sandi
02-23-2009, 11:38 PM
That's so awesome!! Congrats!!

GirlyGirlSebas
02-24-2009, 09:29 AM
Congratulations, Carol! That is a great NSV.

One of my goals is to rock a pair of red high heeled stillettos. IMO, there is nothing quite like a pair of stillettos to sex up an outfit!;)

H8cake
02-24-2009, 02:38 PM
Oh how I love my heels! I was sadly wearing old lady shoes at my high weight. I started wearing heels again at around 225 lbs. They weren't very comfortable, but I did it anyway. Now I wear them all the time and absolutely love them!

geoblewis
02-24-2009, 07:06 PM
Carol, I too am freshly into wearing heels. I haven't worn them for years because of my weight as well as my height. But I've lost enough weight for them to start feeling comfortable again for a few hours at a time, and I really don't care at all if my height/size is imposing to anybody else any longer.

I am now such a slut for shoes and handbags! As well as cute jackets and coats. My dream outfit is a sky blue wool crepe coat, jacket and slacks with matching shoes and handbag. I may or may not be wearing a shirt with it...it depends on how fine my cleavage looks!

Geo

Star2Be
02-25-2009, 12:03 AM
Oooh, I love wearing heels, too! I'm excited because my school a cappella group has a concert coming up this week, and I'm planning to wear my favorite pair of shoes (the only nice pair of shoes I own, LOL)... A really classy pair of black heels. They're the exact same ones I wore for our concerts last year, and they always felt juuust a tad bit tight and my feet would be KILLING me by the end of the night. I haven't worn them at all since at least 20-30 lbs ago, so I'm really anticipating the *big moment* where I'll try them on again! Here's hoping they'll be way more comfortable and that I can dance the night away in them! :D

LadyHeather
02-25-2009, 02:32 AM
Awesome!!

pick7499
02-25-2009, 10:15 AM
SWEET! I soo can't wait to loose weight to wear heels again!

butterflygurl
02-25-2009, 10:32 AM
Congratulations! Those are really cute! :) I'm a ways off from my goal, but I like to wear sometimes too....now if I can just learn how to walk in them

TJFitnessDiva
02-25-2009, 10:44 AM
I am such a shoe whore too!! OMG I love high heels and finally now getting to where they don't hurt as much (and my DH loves to see me leave a room with them on lol).....I've gone down a shoe size so a whole avenue has just opened up for me plus an excuse to replace all of my "too big" shoes ;)

Those are some awesome shoes, Choc! I bet you were totally rocking them!

MugCanDoIt
02-25-2009, 01:54 PM
Wearing high heals is a goal of mine. You made it girl! You wear those heals with your head heald up high and you stutt your stuff!!!!!!:carrot::hug:

Cruebratt
02-25-2009, 01:58 PM
High heels are sexy! Good job Choc!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar055/slider-hearts/lb/185/120/169/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

teahoney
03-02-2009, 07:21 AM
I am so looking forward to wearing my heels again. I have a closet full of them. Some I haven't worn in ages, some I haven't worn at all. I just bought them telling myself that one day I'd be able to wear then comfortably.

I have seen big women that wear heels all day, every day and I just don't know how they do it unless they are grinning through the pain.

Anyway, congrats on wearing heels again.

Fishing Gal
03-02-2009, 08:46 AM
I share that dream of wearing heals. My boyfriend loves heals and works with girls that wear stillettos. With this much weight to lose, I am afraid I will topple over :D or sprain my ankles (again).

Congrats on the new shoes!

thistoo
03-02-2009, 10:18 AM
True story:

I have two pairs of heels that are still not comfortable for very long, so I have them out on the floor in my office as a visual incentive not to snack at night. Last night I looked over and my stupid cat had her head shoved in one of them and was pushing it around the floor. I actually yelled, "Those are fifty dollar heels! Get your head out of there!"

That's something I never thought I would say, but it's true. Needless to say, I have moved them out of the cat's reach :)

Star2Be
03-02-2009, 12:45 PM
Oooh, I love wearing heels, too! I'm excited because my school a cappella group has a concert coming up this week, and I'm planning to wear my favorite pair of shoes (the only nice pair of shoes I own, LOL)... A really classy pair of black heels. They're the exact same ones I wore for our concerts last year, and they always felt juuust a tad bit tight and my feet would be KILLING me by the end of the night. I haven't worn them at all since at least 20-30 lbs ago, so I'm really anticipating the *big moment* where I'll try them on again! Here's hoping they'll be way more comfortable and that I can dance the night away in them! :D
Just wanted to pop in and say that the heels felt GREAT at my concert... I was shocked at how much lighter I felt in them--instead of feeling like I was clunking around in them, they almost felt like normal shoes. Crazy! And they weren't tight at all anymore; they were just right. I danced and danced on/off for about 4 hours at the afterparty for the concert, and I was fine. My feet still hurt a little bit by the end of the night, but it was really just my toes, and not at ALL as bad as it used to be, ha. :dizzy:

KimberlyHeidi
03-02-2009, 02:09 PM
this is one of my many reasons to lose weight. I love the look of heels but my feet ache and will not allow me to wear them. In fact the only thing they like is fit flops. Sigh.
Congrats on the weight loss and new shoes. You deserve them!

annenicole79
04-15-2009, 05:12 PM
I really appreciate this forum. Keep it up.
I would have gone for it, if I would seen this blog before.
I just purchased "Report shoes with the heels"
from shoedeals4u.com Its nice

pattygirl63
04-15-2009, 05:22 PM
That's great!!! I always loved high heels too. WTG!! Great NSV!!!

Numina
04-15-2009, 06:01 PM
Oh, that is a FUN reason to lose weight, ChocLabLover --- congratulations on moving back into the sexy shoe division of weight-thumpin', fat-bustin', sexy-struttin' folk here at 100+!

http://i108.piczo.com/view/1/9/6/a/d/z/w/1/k/w/w/p/img/t237062606_30448_7.gif

butterflygurl
04-15-2009, 07:20 PM
:)

sept15lija
04-15-2009, 09:12 PM
Yes this is something I'm looking forward to too!! I am not a high heel gal regularly but when I dress up I love to wear nice shoes, but I can't because of the pain. I can't believe how quickly my feet absolutely kill me so I can't even stand up. That'll be so nice when I can actually wear them!

SweetScrumptious
04-15-2009, 09:51 PM
Oh... I bought a nice, expensive pair of Prada shoes in New York City this year! I am dying to try them but I still think its a tad too early to since I too have problems with foot pain and ankle pain. But SOON!

Congrats on your NSV!

applestar
04-16-2009, 03:39 AM
Oh glorious high heels!!! I feel your excitement. I cant wait to wear high heels again. I wore them once 2 yrs ago at my brothers wedding and it took about 6 months to get the feeling back in my 2nd toe on both feet! And another time my feet swelled so bad when I kicked off the heels that I didnt fit in any of my shoes for a full day. There was a time I could sprint on a dirt road in high heels lol!! That wont happen again, but to just wear them again for longer than half an hour will be great. So glad you can wear them. They do make a girl feel good:)

Devsmama
04-16-2009, 09:48 AM
OHHHH Lord! I am a shoe whore!!!! I LOVE high heels, and shoes of ANY KIND!!!!

This is a huge reason why I'm losing weight. I miss wearing my cute pumps, my mary janes, and just my CFMP's...LOL

I feel like such a frump having to wear old lady shoes, but for now, it's all good. I am buying a pair of Manolo Blahniks! I can't wait!

I feel you on this one!! LOL @ CFMPs!!!!!

amy180
04-16-2009, 09:56 AM
Awesome!

I look forward to wearing heels again too. I have a whole closet full of cute shoes and boots that I bought before I gained weight again and practically never wore, and not only do they hurt to wear from being overweight, but my feet are seriously too fat for some of the boots, so I look forward to getting back into those. I hate going around in granny shoes and tennis shoes every day of the year. Unglamorous, haha...