Weight Loss Support - How long have you been overweight?

joyra
02-22-2009, 12:59 AM
I considered making this a poll but I think there's too much variation to put together in a poll.

My short answer: my whole life

Longer answer: I first felt fat at age 5. I remember being considered overweight in 3rd grade. I spent from age 18-20 at a healthy weight for my height and have been back to overweight/obese every since (now age 27).

How about you?

jademarlene
02-22-2009, 01:09 AM
Too long, to be more specific about 17 yrs.

Hummus
02-22-2009, 01:17 AM
Literally, my whole life. I was born in the 95th percentile, so even though I'm still overweight I feel more average-sized than I did as a kid :D

Operator265
02-22-2009, 01:39 AM
10 yrs.

david
02-22-2009, 02:05 AM
ive been overweight since i was about 10 im 48 now..ive lost weight 3 times in my life but never kept it off

david
02-22-2009, 02:06 AM
you are all doing great...im gonna start on ash wednesday

Rosinante
02-22-2009, 02:43 AM
Since about the age of 18 months.
Apparently born on the low side of normal, I was a picky eater, so a terrified first-time mother stuffed me with whatever I'd take!

LandonsBaby
02-22-2009, 02:54 AM
I was born 3lbs 90z and stayed thin for a quite a long time. I gained some weight around age 8 at the start of puberty. It quickly went away. I have been overweight now since about age 20, so for 6 years.

Dandelion Trickle
02-22-2009, 03:03 AM
I have been overweight since the 5th grade .. I'm a junior in college now :/ ... lost the weight and re-gained it once I got married :/

Denvermolorado82
02-22-2009, 06:07 AM
I have been overweight my whole life. Like you I would have to say I have been overweight since the age of 5. I do not think I have ever had a healthy weight. I have discovered a new form of theraputic help dealing with the fact that I have been overweight most my life. I did some research and decided to make a very hard decision for many people. The realization and the courage to admit that I have a problem with food. So I decided to go to OA which is Overeaters Anonymous. I love it and it has been really helpful. Well I hope this helps your poll. :)

rockinrobin
02-22-2009, 07:34 AM
I was a skinny kid up until 5 grade, about 10. After going through a traumatic experience, I turned to food and started packing on the pounds. I was a good 30 lbs or so overweight throughout high school. Was very conscious of the fact that I needed to lose weight I was always on a "diet". Never a good one though and they didn't last very long. Very restrictive eating, very binge-y eating, very poor eating. I was like this till I got married at age 22. The second I was engaged I started piling on more pounds. I must have been one of the few brides who actually needed her dress taken out as it got closer to the wedding day. I had a baby about 19 months later and forget it - any semblance of normal eating was totally and completely gone. I became obese, then morbidly obese VERY quickly.

Then when I was 42, I'm 45 now, my light bulb moment came, realized that I didn't have to be fat if I didn't want to be. Realized that I did indeed have control over this (the whole time in fact) and made the decision to be a healthy person and lost 165 lbs. :)

canadianwoman
02-22-2009, 07:42 AM
Since I was 10 years old. I am 47 now.

juls64
02-22-2009, 07:51 AM
I was a twig as a kid. Gained some during the college years but nothing bad.

It really wasn't until after I started having kids that it became a problem. That plus the dreaded aging and slowing of metabolism.

Arilark
02-22-2009, 09:48 AM
I was slightly overweight in middle school. Then I was at a healthy weight until I started working in an office full time, about 3 years ago.

TJFitnessDiva
02-22-2009, 09:50 AM
a little over 8 years.....I gained 80 pounds with the first kid, 30 with my second and and about 30 more with my third (and last!) baby lol

anastasia
02-22-2009, 09:50 AM
always.

my dr's stuff shows them monitoring my weight from about 12 months old. :(

Fressca
02-22-2009, 09:55 AM
Until age 21 - normal (125-130lbs).

Age 21- 40 - Mostly around 140 (I felt fat! I was totally ok), with a few forays to the 150s.

Age 40-45 -I got down to 130, courtesy of first low-fat (Susan Powter!) and then Atkins.

45-50 - slowly crept up to a high of 185. I was totally miserable. Joined the gym and started spin classes, had some personal training sessions, and am on my way back to 150. I'd be totally happy at 150, but if I ever make it back to 140 I will be ecstatic, and I will ENJOY it!

So the short answer is... not that long. That's amazing to me - I feel as if I've been *on a diet* forever. But I weighed 140 for most of my adult life, which is fine for my height. I just wish I'd appreciated it!

newleaf123
02-22-2009, 09:56 AM
I've yo-yo'd for much of my adult life, multi-year periods of being very slim followed by being heavy (about 20lbs overweight) followed by being a good weight again.

Other than when I was pregnant, I weigh more now than I ever have and have had ENOUGH! 20 years on this yo-yo ride and I'm ready to get off!

JenMusic
02-22-2009, 10:00 AM
I used to think I'd been fat my whole life, but recently (in preparation for a family reunion) I've been looking at old family pictures. I was CUTE little girl! :) I had baby fat, sure, but I wasn't obese . . . then.

So in thinking back, I guess the first time I felt conscious of my weight and being bigger was in second grade, when we were all weighed in school - in public, in front of all our classmates. Good times. Then, by the time I was in the upper elementary grades I remember feeling fat and being teased by classmates.

When I think about those times, mostly I just feel sad and regretful - I wish my 8 year old self could have known that she was beautiful at any weight, and that an entire bag of Doritos was NOT a serving size!

dutchgirl
02-22-2009, 10:20 AM
I was a normal size kid, until I hit puberty and gained a fair bit of weight quite quickly.
I was able to lose some and maintain at a certain level which made me, because I was still growing taller, a normal size at 18.
A few years later I really started packing on the pounds and I have been doing the fatroll rollercoaster ever since then. I am now 50.

Daimere
02-22-2009, 10:22 AM
I remember being called fat in 2nd grade. My mom says that I wasn't fat till 3-4th grade. In school, I tried to lose weight twice. One time I developed anorexia. August 2007, I decided to change my life after ending a bad engagement. Now, I'm starting again after gaining half back and health problems.

Lizzyg
02-22-2009, 10:33 AM
I was always bigger than my sisters as a kid, and so they constantly called me fat. And I was always bigger and taller than kids at school too - I looked older. I remember going shopping with my Dad at 13, and the salesman thought I was my Dad's wife! :o But I dont think I became "fat" until 7th grade. I was wearing a size 5 in 6th grade, which is big for a 6th grader, but I just hit puberty early. Old men would honk at me when I walked from my house to the beach, and that scared me, and I think thats when I started to put weight on. I went from a size 5 to a size 13/15 in 7th grade, and just continued from there. I was up to 200 in 10th and 11th grade. I lost 25 lbs my senior year, just by being more active, and was 175 and a size 14, and I look at pictures, and think I looked ok. I was active, eating right, and wouldn't mind being that size/weight again. I was healthy and active.

When I met my now husband, thats the size I was. I became less active after school ended, and we ate out ALOT. And the lbs started to creep back on. I'd lose some, and then gain it and a few more back....

I hit my highest weight of somewhere in the 290s (I dont remember what it was exactly) at the end of 2006/beginning of 2007.

I feel fortunate that I've never had any health problems because of my weight. I'm healthy, but I know that cant last forever. Because of my heritage and my family history, I'm already at a higher risk for high bp and diabetes. Its funny though, when I go to the Dr, and they check my bp, they usually do it twice, because they are expecting it to be high, and it never is. I know with my body type and how I'm built, I'll never be skinny or thin. But I'd rather be an in shape healthy size 14 or 12 or something, than be the pushing size 26 I was a couple of years ago.

oops sorry this is so long! :o:o

Amber1011
02-22-2009, 10:45 AM
I've been overweight my entire life. Literally. My mother never really restricted what we ate, so my brother and I just kept on eating. (It's not all her fault though obviously). That combined with not really exercising at all got me to be 256lbs. My brother has to be upwards of 350.

Buckeye
02-22-2009, 11:04 AM
My whole life! My mom always jokes that the Dr put me on 2% milk when I was 6 mos. old (IHO that's not funny). Struggled with my weight all thru the school years - never really more than 20 pounds, though. However, problems really started after I started having children. I'm done giving birth so it's comin' off for keeps!:carrot:

Thighs Be Gone
02-22-2009, 11:10 AM
I was chubby beginning 3rd grade. I lost it for middle school, high school and college--and was pretty well thin. I began gaining after I was married. I gained and lost huge amounts with both pregnancies but then began gaining when I stopped nursing.

tkm256
02-22-2009, 11:39 AM
Forever. I can't remember a time in my life my mother wasn't handing bowls of ice cream to my brothers while telling me I couldn't have one because of my "weight problem." I was always taller, faster, stronger than the other kids, and reached physical maturity pretty early, but I was too big as far as she was concerned. I'm pretty sure I developed a real weight problem because I was being told I had one for years. Now she compensates by telling me how great I look every time I visit--come on, I'm only ten pounds lighter than I was in middle school and not a half inch taller, but suddenly what was "fat" is "fantastic"?

Meh, I obviously have Mommy issues, but I love her all the same. She's a wonderful mother otherwise.

moonkissed
02-22-2009, 11:42 AM
I think I was always a bit overweight. Alittle bit chubby here or there. I wasn't big on junk food growing up and we were always outside playing. My sister, brother and i have always been on the chubbier side. Which sucked because my mom was a twig. There were times that she was so thin she looked anorexic and i was afraid to hug her because she might break. But she really didn't have an eating disorder. and my aunt & cousin were skinny too they could have been models. and yet they all were obessed about their weight which always made me feel worse about myself.

I think it started getting bad the first time I lived with my birth father at 12-13. He was a nut. He surely did not have me eating healthy. I was home alone most of the day living off junk food and ramen noodles and wasn't allowed out of the yard!

The next year when I moved back with my mom I slimmed up a ton. I ate healthier and was walking everyday. I still thought I was fat though. I remember hating my body and my little tummy. Looking back I looked so thin and would kill to be that thin again lol. I had the hottest legs lol!

I moved back in with my dad & new stepmom at 15-16 and it was horrible. I had a step brother & sister now my age so I wasnt home alone and we weren't allowed junk food. But still the same restrictions about leaving the house which pretty much meant after chores I sat on my butt all day :( and the restriction on food i liked meant when given the chance i would pig out :(

I was very depressed then and it started a real downward spiral for me. I started putting on more and more weight. Tried losing it here or there but nothing really. I starved myself. I tried just chewing my food and then spitting it out trying to eh trick my mind into thinking i ate so i wouldn't be hungry i was dumb lol.

I moved back in with my mom but i was still so depressed and my eating habits were horrid. I would often eat an entire box of mac & cheese myself my favorite food.

When I was 20 things started getting a little bit better. I wasn't eating well still but I was walking which I always loved. My mom and me would walk every other day down to the library which was quite a bit away. I was feeling so much better.

But then I moved in with my husband. we moved from colorado where my family was to ohio. I didn't drive and didn't know anyone and we lived in like the middle of nowhere it felt lol i was home alone alot i wasn't working. i started getting bigger then for sure. Then we moved to his home town in ny and money was really tight. I still wasn't working and because of money issues we mostly would just eat pasta everynight sometimes! I probably put on most of my weight right then.

When i started working and we had more money the eating habits got worse with junk food and lots and lots of breads, pasta, and pizza. I started getting worse depression and almost never leaving the house :( sigh.

I always felt fat and huge and hated my body. I can look back at pics and go wow i looked good but at the time i didn't see it :( But yay things are finally getting better!

judipurple
02-22-2009, 12:03 PM
Since Hector was a pup...

Well, that's something my mother might say, but I was put on a skim milk diet at 3 months - so, yeah, I'd hafta say all of my 48 years. There were times during high school when I was in the 140's at 5'6", and thought I was huge! What I wouldn't give...

And the time in my late teens/early 20's I was on diet pills/heavy doses of caffeine and got down to :eek: the mid 120's - I looked like death warmed over. But along came sobriety/marriage to the right guy/and two kids - bring on the pounds! Now I am on a strong heading towards health - still have to get to 160's (eventually), but I feel I am on the better path. Slow, but steady.

BarbPA
02-22-2009, 12:13 PM
My entire life. I'm 38. I don't have a memory of being a "normal" weight.

I've never felt comfortable with my weight. I was always very active and played sports, but I was always the one that needed the biggest size. My freshman year of college I was 211 pounds after a stint with nutri-system. That's the lowest weight I've seen as an adult. I was 250 when I got married 15 years ago and spent the last 15 years between 270-350.

I feel better now that I have felt in my adult life. I finally feel like I "get it". I'm learning what it takes to be healthy. It's hard work, but I am doing it. I will be "normal" and I will keep this up for the rest of my life. I am worth it! My family is worth it. I want it!!

:)

blackbutterfly
02-22-2009, 12:15 PM
11 years!

Chele615
02-22-2009, 01:29 PM
I'd say my whole life too....I honestly can't remember ever being "skinny" or whatever. I always felt bigger than my friends and now looking at pictures from back then, I want to shake the little girl in the picture and tell her to start then.

But I'm proud of myself for finally figuring out what works and what's best for me.

frieden
02-22-2009, 02:25 PM
I could've stood to lose about 10 lbs at 16. That was almost 11 years ago, and instead I gained about 30 lbs.

I thought I needed to lose weight at 11, but looking back at pictures, that was ridiculous. It was just puberty, but as a formerly thin child who developed early, I didn't realize what was going on.

junebug41
02-22-2009, 02:56 PM
Since forever.

When I was 3 my parents noticed I was still holding my baby fat and took me to the doctor who proceeded to put me on a strict diet. This is a BAD time to put someone on a diet of any kind because this is when hunger set points and metabolism forms, so I sort of had my ability to determine my own appetite taken away from me. My parents do regret that.

Tack on a rocky childhood where my only comfort was food and from then on, I was just hungry all the time. I was pretty much just overweight until my senior year of high school when I wandered into obese territory. When I was 22, I went through some life altering experiences that made me throw up my hands and say "enough" and I lost the weight. I maintained the loss for 4 years and regained 15-20 pounds after my wedding last summer. I'm working my way down though and feel good about my ability to regain control :)

inspired by you
02-22-2009, 03:00 PM
My ex, like my dad, kept a very close watch on my weight and gave reminders when things were getting out of "control". At 30 years old and 135 pounds my ex told me he was tired of my belly poking out and my cottage cheese legs. He divorced me less than a year later. I told him then that I would get fat and find someone who loved me when I was fat and would appreciate it when I lost weight, not expect it. Boy did I ever come to eat those words...18 months later I married again, this time weighing 174, as opposed to the 111 I weighed when ex and I married. The only problem was this hubby loved me no matter what. He even joined me in gaining the next 50 pounds. He now joins me on this wonderful journey that is weight loss. So the answer to the question would be 9 years.

Nixie
02-22-2009, 03:02 PM
I've been overweight since I was about 13, but not by much. I was always trying to lose weight in high school. My parents never really said anything to me about losing weight, so my efforts were always a secret. I didn't start to really pack on the pounds until I was 20 or so. It feels like I've been obese my entire life, but that's not really the case. All I know is that it's been far too long.

Leeesa
02-22-2009, 03:13 PM
I remember trying to diet to get to 75 lbs (I think?) when I was 8 years old, I remember thinking that was a "normal" weight because that's what everyone else was, I think I was over by 5 or 10 lbs, enough to be a bigger size than everyone else, that's when it all started. I'm almost 40 now and I've been classified as "overweight" ever since, although I spent a good part of my teens, 20s and 30s weight-training and heavily involved in running/biking, triathlons/kickboxing etc. so I was one of those muscular, fit, but heavier girls, at the time though I still thought I was "fat" at 170 lbs, and working my tail off every day. Truth be told, I did not know "fat" until I got pregnant, the second time bringing me to a whopping 279 lbs (PIH with a ton of water retention) after second baby a year and half ago I started my journey at 255 lbs and am only just now seeing "the light" at the end of the tunnel. My first goal is 160 lbs, 10 lbs lower than what I used to be able to maintain, so it's going to be a tough haul, because I'm even wondering if I really put my mind to it, maybe I could even go to 150 or 145??? But I'll start with 160 hold that for awhile and go from there :)

Ija
02-22-2009, 05:55 PM
I was put on my first diet at around 3 years of age, went from being a fat kid to an obese teenager, and reached my highest weight shortly after graduating from college. I literally haven't been a normal weight since infancy...

kelly315
02-22-2009, 06:00 PM
I've been overweight most of my life. I was just slightly overweight until I got my period at age 11. By the time I hit 15, I was morbidly obese (in the low 200s).

sws19
02-22-2009, 06:14 PM
i remember always being acutely aware of eating much more than my friends and always being on the bigger side, even from elementary school. i think i was conscious of watching my weight or actively trying to lose weight since maybe i was 11 or 12. i'm 28 now. in hs i tried a variety of stupid self-designed diets and occasional jogs between 1 and 3 miles, but maintained a slow but steady gain of prob at least 15 lbs in 4 yrs. i'm not sure at what weight my mother began hassling me specifically about my weight being a problem, rather than just generally fitness and watching what i weighed (which began in 5th grade). i specifically remember in 12th grade at 140 pounds (oh the horror!) both of my parents sat me down in an intervention-style approach to talk to me about my weight problem and how they were lovingly concerned. in the first two years of college i probably maintained, but i was running about 12 miles a week and eating low fat everything (this was the end of the 90s). i was so frustrated at years of denying myself, years of killing myself running, and not losing ANY weight. so at the age of 20, i threw in the towel and gave up entirely. so in the 7 years that followed, i gained an additional 40 lbs eating mostly as i wanted to eat and not ever exercising except for a few spurts here and there. until i finally decided enough was enough. in 2008 i was diagnosed with pcos and found out that that could be responsible for my inability to lose weight despite diet and exercise (see all of hs and half of college). i started on medication to help with this and lost 16 lbs between october and january without actually changing my lifestyle. in january i decided to actually try a real dieting plan. so that's where we are now. interestingly, according to the bmi chart, i technically didn't enter the overweight range until sometime in college. amazing how i spent all of high school full of self-loathing.

ArwenTaylor
02-22-2009, 06:24 PM
Since birth. Seriously, I think the only time I was normal was when I was born. I think it went downhill at about 6 months of age.

PleaseLuise
02-22-2009, 07:41 PM
I have been varying degrees of overweight all my life less a few short stints in HS, 20's and after a year on PhenFen.

Oh how I wish I didn't beat up the +10 lb Luise, she might not have gotten to the +100 lb Luise.

At 40 something my new goal is NOT to be defined by my weight. When soemone has to describe me, it will be about my hair, height, personality, NOT, the fat chick down the hall. Oh I long for that day!

saef
02-22-2009, 07:58 PM
Puberty seemed to bring it on. I've looked at photographs of myself before sixth grade & in them I'm a normal, fairly slender girl. A little buck-toothed (fixed later, after years of wearing a retainer). Then WHAM! I've got hips & a butt like a grown woman, and breasts that are already on their way to looking like a grown woman's. Not coincidentally, at about the same time, I stopped swimming in the summer & I stopped going horseback riding afer school nearly every other day. Instead, I read a lot of books, wrote stories & poems, & stayed in my room listening to music. Also, I became a latch key kid, so I was eating a lot from the time I got home till later when my parents got back from work.

joyra
02-22-2009, 08:08 PM
Wow, I've read all of your posts with great interest!

Not to discredit others, but it does feel nice to see others who have struggled with weight their whole lives, like me. On the Biggest Loser, many of the contestants have at one time been quite thin and only recently gained a lot of weight. I feel like they choose those contestants on purpose and while I can relate to their struggles with losing weight, part of me feels like it's not exactly the same as other adults who've never EVER been a healthy weight for their height.

I also can relate to many of you who said as children or teens, you were only 10-20 lbs overweight. Me too. But I felt so fat and disgusting. The other day, one of my Korean students came up to me, pointed to his friend and said "Teacher, he FAT!" I'll bet these two boys weighed the same but the boy he was pointing to was a couple inches shorter. The difference between being "fat" and "normal" is so small when you are young. At my lowest weight, I weighed 125. But I WANTED to weigh 115. In all my pictures I felt TOO FAT and now those are my inspiration pictures, to prove I can be a size 10 again (though honestly, I still want to be less than that... but I will be ELATED to be a 10 again... or even at 12 at this point).

akacutie
02-22-2009, 08:39 PM
I was a bit chubby in middle school- about 12 but in HS was a 16/18.... I have gone up to a 20 in college but am in an 18 again for the last few years... the most I ever lost was 30 lbs and weighed 220.... which is 2 less than my current weight.... I feel this will be my success.. oh, I am 28 so I have been a chunk for a really long time.... :)

horsey
02-22-2009, 08:54 PM
I was tall, thin and could eat anything without consequences until about age 27 or so, then especially at 30 the dear metabolism changed. I had a "good run" though... it's my entire 30s I spent mostly overweight - 10-20 lbs, sometimes yo yo'ing down but this time determined to get it down for good and stay within 5 lbs of target weight.

BrighterPath
02-22-2009, 09:07 PM
I was a thin kid. Like many I went through a pudgy stage when I hit puberty but slimmed down in high school. I was 5'6" and 135 and 'thought' I was enormous. All my friends were shorter and thought the world was ending when they went over 100 lbs so I can remember thinking that was what a teenager should weigh. I spent my teen years binging and purging and obsessively excercising trying to lose that horrible 35 lbs. I really think this set me up for failure down the road. In college I yo-yo'd between 155-190, but I was still always dieting and excercising. In grad school I blew out my knee and broke my ankle (fell down some stairs). I spent 3-4 months on crutches, 6 months in PT and then another 3 months in pt to relearn how to walk without a limp. I made a full recovery, but I gained 75 lbs in 9 months. Looking back on it I can't believe it.

So the short answer is I thought I'd been fat since puberty, but I've really been truly overweight since I was about 22, so 12 years. of course in that time I've lost and gained back 50-100 lbs 5 times, so I guess there really is no short story.

Laura

nelie
02-22-2009, 10:35 PM
I was probably 200 lbs at around age 10, at age 14 I was 300 lbs. There are pictures of me when I was 4 years old where I looked a quasi normal weight but after that I became chubby, then overweight, then obese then morbidly obese.

jahjah1223
02-22-2009, 10:54 PM
i was skinny ALL my life so skinny my mom was always worried when i hit puberty i wanted more "attention" so i started eating and eating and loving the attention.. untill i couldnt stop when i wanted to which was around age 18.

mygritsconfessions
02-22-2009, 10:58 PM
In Middle School and High School I probably average 10 lbs over. In my 20's I grew by about 20 up to 35 more. In my 30's that exploded through those years to over 100 more and my mid 40's I topped out at 140 over my true weight - topped out is 270. So been overweight for way toooooo long!

Windchime
02-22-2009, 11:48 PM
I weighed 155 throughout high school and until I had my first baby in my mid-twenties. I gained 60 pounds with that baby, lost all but 10. Had another baby, gained 50 pounds while pregnant with him and lost all but 10, so now I was a good 20 pounds overweight. It all went to pot after that. So I've been overweight about half my life now. Wow. I never really thought of it that way!

When I was younger I was so active and had a good metabolism. What the heck happened!???

VALady78
02-23-2009, 12:07 PM
For me, it's been about 9 years. It started when I was taking Depo, the birth control shot. (Don't EVER take it!!) I gained 30lbs in a month. It just went up from there.

anastasia
02-23-2009, 12:12 PM
VALady, i'd say just the same thing about the implant (implanon) too! but 30lbs in a month... wowo

MissVitality
02-23-2009, 12:26 PM
I first became aware of my weight when I was about 14 or 15 in high school, Looking back, i was probably a perfectly normal weight for my height and build but felt enormous compared to some of my class-mates. i think I developed an unhealthy relationship with food when my dad left us when I was about ten. Seriously, I started eating like it was going out of fashion.

When I went to university and started working unsociable hours at the weekends, my eating got really out of control and I just kept getting bigger and bigger.

Ironically, i would love to weigh now what I did when I was 15 and there was me so down on myself at that time!

Operator265
02-23-2009, 12:32 PM
For me, it's been about 9 years. It started when I was taking Depo, the birth control shot. (Don't EVER take it!!) I gained 30lbs in a month. It just went up from there.

Depo worked great for me. Completely killed my libido!!!:mad: Guess you won't get pregnant if you don't wanna "get some".:dz: Wasn't till after I was on it that I found out it is used to chemically castrate sex offenders. Looking back, I think it began the downfall of my marriage.:cry:

daniela
02-23-2009, 01:08 PM
I was athletic as a kid/teenager, I was a swimmer from 10 to 18 yrs old. I was around 140-150. I put on 20 lbs after HS and when I joined the Army in 1997 I had to lose weight in order for me to get in. I want to guess that I was in the 170's and when I started boot camp I was 160. While I was in the service my lowest was 150 right out of boot camp and 170 when I got out 4 yrs later. I slowly gained 70 lbs from 2001 - 2008. I gained because I stopped working out 100% and still ate whatever I wanted. I never paid attention to my diet since I was always active. LOL funny what aging and no excercise does to a body.

DCHound
02-23-2009, 01:59 PM
From birth. My mother said when I was an infant I would squall if she didn't give me a second bottle immediately after the first . . . and it was all downhill from there. I remember having to go through a fasting blood sugar test in the 3rd grade because they were trying to determine why I was so overweight. In retrospect, I was chubby but certainly not obese. I stayed chubby until puberty hit then my weight went way up--I was probably around 250 lbs for 9th, 10th and 11th grades. I began dating my ex-husband as a senior in high school and starved down from a size 22 to about a size 12 that year, then continued starving all the way through college, staying at about a size 12/14 until 1992 or so, when I just couldn't stand starving any longer and began putting weight on, until I hit about 300 lbs. Lost 100 of that ten years later, gained it back plus fifty, now I'm going to get rid of all 200 excess pounds and NEVER EVER put them on again. I am so done with them. Clearly I'm allergic to sugar or whatever ~ my body can't process sugar and starch so no more bad carbs for me, ever.

Mickeypnd
02-23-2009, 05:07 PM
I was never fat. i was always "chubby" the bigger twin, since I have a twin sister who is way smaller then me.
In senior year of high school I gained WAY too much weight. Afterwards I worked out and ate right and lost about 30 pounds and was around 170 when i met my last bf and gained about 20 pounds, got pregnant, suffered a miscarriage, and have been this weight ever since.

janann
02-23-2009, 05:55 PM
I have been heavy my whole life. I have been at my heaviest the last couple of years, though. I think it is time to change.

ilovetoot
02-23-2009, 06:28 PM
I would say I've only been overweight while in college, and I'm now in my last year. However, if you would have asked me this question in high school I would have told you I was a fat cow. I was/am so much taller than my friends and that just makes you feel bigger in general and less feminine (at least then it did. I could care less now).

Its funny how we all have similar thoughts...that our images of ourselves were so distorted back when we were thinner. It sucks. I want to go back in time and tell myself that I'm hot!