Old 02-21-2009, 04:11 PM   #1  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Default First slip!

I've logged religiously into DietPower since Feb 3rd - when I had a day of what I thought was quite ok-ish vegetarian food and discovered it was over 2,400 calories! That, now I think of it, was my real wake up call this time, I realized how far adrift my idea of calorific values had got!

Anyway, since then I've stuck to 1500 calories a day, and have lost 9lbs (approximately, I've chosen to stay off the scales since last Tuesday).

I was just reviewing my log, with a view to seeing if I could 'afford' a bit extra milk in my last drink of the evening, when I discovered I'd forgotten to log my daily milk allowance at all.

Oops! 92 calories over!

Just joking about the slip - I'm actually well proud of myself that I've managed 19 days of doing it right: an average of 1463 per day and an A+ nutrition score.

Tuesday I get weighed again, for the last time until Easter Day.
March 1st I go onto 1400 calories.
On again, on again.

Last edited by Rosinante; 02-21-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/233/137

Height: 5'6"

Fantastic, it really sounds like you are getting into a long term habit. I'm hoping that I manage the same sometime soon, at the moment I still feel like I am fighting with myself but I'm managing to stick with it.

How can you bear to only weigh yourself so infrequently? do you take any sort of measurements to track your progress?
Lillibeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:53 PM   #3  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

you are doing awesome!!!

Can I give you a tiny bit of unsolicited advice though? If you are losing just fine on 1500 don't drop it until you HAVE to. If you start dropping too early it leaves you no where to go when you get down lower and need to drop them.

But your milage may vary
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 02:48 AM   #4  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

cfmama - thanks for that advice. Come Tuesday I'll see if I Really have lost this week, and if I have, I'll stick with the 1500 a bit longer.

Lilibeth - in my heart I'm a daily weigher but I know that any day I get on the scales and they don't show a loss/a big enough loss, it really, really pulls my mood down. Which is dumb, I know. Someone on another forum keeps telling us 'I am responsible for my actions, not my results' but sometimes it's not that easy.
So I've moved to weekly weighing, and then it's a bit of a test for me to give up weighing for Lent! I may revise that if I find come Tuesday that I haven't lost in a week, it'll mean I haven't got the hang of it properly yet.

47 hours to weigh-in!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:53 AM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Yeah, some slip-up. I think that's the kind we'd all like to have.

You're doing absolutely PHENOMENAL!!!!!!!! Keep up the amazing work. Just keep at it.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:56 AM   #6  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

That website sounds pretty great. I would love to know what my daily grade is on nutrition.

Oops on the milk! I have done that very same thing.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote