Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - Freezing baked potatoes

View Full Version : Freezing baked potatoes

jademarlene
02-19-2009, 11:28 PM
Has any one ever frozen a baked potato? I was thinking about baking a whole bunch of potatoes and freezing them, to pull out for lunches and dinners when Im pressed for time.

zenor77
02-19-2009, 11:54 PM
I don't see why it'd be a problem. You can buy many potato products that are frozen (cooked or par-cooked.)

Will you be reheating them in a microwave or eating cold? If you have access to a microwave you can just pack a raw potato and "bake" in the microwave in very little time.

jademarlene
02-19-2009, 11:58 PM
The grocery store near me is having a really good sale on the nice russet potatos so I was going to stock up on them.

WormwoodDoll
02-20-2009, 12:41 AM
Can you freeze potatoes? :?: I freeze bread and blueberries...but never thought of potatoes. I waste mine all the time. :dizzy:

zenor77
02-20-2009, 12:44 AM
The grocery store near me is having a really good sale on the nice russet potatos so I was going to stock up on them.

Then bake and freeze away. I'm quite certain they'll be fine. Of course, you could do a test run just to make sure.

mayness
02-20-2009, 11:30 AM
Yup, baked potatoes freeze just fine.

I think the only way you CAN'T freeze potatoes is raw... everything else I've tried seems to work pretty well.

nelie
02-20-2009, 11:43 AM
You should be able to freeze potatoes raw if you are going to 'do something' with them. I froze some sweet potatoes not too long ago and then whipped them out for a recipe. I'm not sure how they'd taste if you tried to make them into 'baked potatoes' but things like mashed potatoes, used in soup, etc, they should be fine.