Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-19-2009, 06:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 246/190/150

Height: 5'7"

Default I ran for the first time on the treadmill!!

I know that probably sounds very silly, but I have a huge fear of running on the treadmill. Walking very fast is n problem but to bring myself to run I could never do, for fear of getting out of control and falling off.

Anyway since I've lost 62 lbs, I feel better about myself, and this week I made myself push that button up to level 4.9 to get myself running and it wasn't bad. I ran for 2 minute intervals for 10 minutes.

Then I was soooooo exhausted, I was beat red, everyone in the gym was looking at me. didn't think anythig of it until I was driving home and realized I was running on a level 4 incline instead of flat!!!!

Anyway Just wanted to share that acheived this goal and I hope this new love for running will help me lose the last 38 pounds!!!
Icandoit29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:17 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Great job!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:30 PM   #3  
No description available.

Awesome!! I'm secretly scared of the treadmill! Way to go!!!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:46 PM   #4  
Lori

S/C/G: 227/179.5/140

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icandoit29 View Post
I know that probably sounds very silly, but I have a huge fear of running on the treadmill. Walking very fast is n problem but to bring myself to run I could never do, for fear of getting out of control and falling off.

Anyway since I've lost 62 lbs, I feel better about myself, and this week I made myself push that button up to level 4.9 to get myself running and it wasn't bad. I ran for 2 minute intervals for 10 minutes.

Then I was soooooo exhausted, I was beat red, everyone in the gym was looking at me. didn't think anythig of it until I was driving home and realized I was running on a level 4 incline instead of flat!!!!

Anyway Just wanted to share that acheived this goal and I hope this new love for running will help me lose the last 38 pounds!!!
That's great.I just started to run on the treadmill also.I was afraid if I tried to run I would trip and go flying off.But it was easier than I thought.
Clanori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:50 PM   #5  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

That's awesome! And at an incline! Imagine how long you could have run if it was flat!
Have you looked into the Couch to 5K program? I did it, and it turned me into a runner!
Keep it up!
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:17 PM   #6  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

Great job!!! And yeah, you can probably run a bunch with it on flat!!
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:27 PM   #7  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

That makes two of us! i also shared your fears... I'm kind of clumsy so I had a huge fear of falling off or tripping or getting out of control...yikes!

So far, so good! Keep up the awesome work..and way to go.. at an incline even!!!
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:44 PM   #8  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

Hooray! I'm afraid of the dreadmill, too, but I got on the couch to 5K program and am jogging. I know I'll eventually get up to running, and that's intimidating. I find that I have to concentrate very hard to feel safe jogging on it. I totally understand your sense of triumph.

EDITED: Er, it's a treadmill, not a dreadmill.

Last edited by Ufi; 02-19-2009 at 09:45 PM. Reason: oops
Ufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:02 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 198/128/138

Height: 5'7

Congrats!
amynbebes is offline   Reply With Quote