Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 02-19-2009, 05:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195 / 147 / 145

Height: 5'9"

Default Swimsuit Fitting (Nursing and Excess Skin)

For losing 3/4 of my goal weight, my reward is this lovely expensive swimsuit from Land's End - seen in my avatar!

My problem is determining which size to buy. I'm close enough to my goal weight now to order. Here's their relevant sizing info:

Size 8 10 12
Bust 36 37 38 1/2
Waist 29 1/2 30 1/2 32
Hips 39 40 41 1/2
Torso (Reg) 61 1/2 62 3/4 64
Torso (Short) 59 60 1/4 61 1/2
Torso (Long) 64 65 1/4 66 1/2

D-cup 8 10 12
Bust 37 38 39 1/2
Waist 29 1/2 30 1/2 32
Hips 39 40 41 1/2
Torso (Reg)62 63 1/4 64 1/2

By hips, I should order an 8. By waist, I'm a bit more, but this is where I have excess skin which could really use the slenderizing feature of this suit! And, I'm normally wearing size 8 jeans now, so that's a match.

By length, I should order the long torso and even that pushes me towards the size 10.

By bust, I should order a 12 or the special D-cup model of this swimsuit in size 10.

So, in a perfect world, I should order a size 10 Long D-Cup. But, alas, the special "D-cup" suit doesn't offer long torso. So, I'm stuck deciding between three options.

A. Order 10 Long and live with some squish in the top. I have been nursing my son three times a day until this week and just dropped to two. Over the next few months, I'm going to fade out altother. (He's 18 months old.) So, maybe, I'll shrink a bit?

B. Order a 10 D-Cup and have it be a little tight in the length.

C. Order a 12 Long and give up some of the slenderizing power of the suit.

Thoughts, girls?
LessEveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

Oh! I know, I know, I know the answer to this one! Pick me, teacher, pick me!

Sorry for the hype. There is really only one thing I know. At 5'7.5", I need the long torso. You do, too. It is so annoying to have the suit so short, creeping up. I live in a swimsuit all summer, and they range from "mediums" to 16s, but all long torso. All with under wire support, just because they are so flattering.

Anything beyond that is a guess, but rule of thumb is a swim suit should be one size bigger than what you wear in street clothes. That would mean size 10, long torso, and biggest cup you can get. If you opt for that, I hope it works. Good luck.

Congratulations on your success!
maryblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:48 PM   #3  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

I'm confused. It's like shopping. UGHHH. I never order clothing online. It's so fickle, you know? I hope you figure it out but I unfortunately have no idea what size you should order.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:50 PM   #4  
Hug a Tree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryblu View Post

Anything beyond that is a guess, but rule of thumb is a swim suit should be one size bigger than what you wear in street clothes.
Really? How do you figure it out being that clothing sizes range so crazy? I can wear a size 2/4 in tops but I just had to buy a size 16 skirt. At the same stupid store I tried on a size 8 dress that was too big. I don't know what size I wear!! I believe the one piece I have now is a size 8. I don't know what my two piece is but the top doesn't get worn, only the bottoms.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:51 PM   #5  
Hug a Tree!

I wear the bottoms with my one piece. I don't go swimming without wearing a top.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 160/ticker/135

Height: 5'8"

I say option #1! A lil oomph for the tatas never hurt! If it's too short it'll be uncomfortable and you don't want too big a size!

By the way, I TOTALLY feel your pain! I'm a
12-10-8 also. I have small hips, big bust, and my waist doesn't curve much. It can be a nightmare finding clothes sometimes! Thank God for lycra/spandex! I love the dresses from shapefx.com. They have so many "suck you in" dresses! All their tops fit great too, their whole line is mommy friendly!
hotmamacitax2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:30 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

I have bought Land's End swimwear and I know from experience that if you are larger than a C cup you need the D fitting to get the correct support otherwise you will be spilling out the top and sides. I can see the problem though at your height, at 5'4" I don't have that issue. Perhaps a two piece tankini might be better as you can get the bigger top but with smaller bottoms. Another thing I can say from experience with their tankinis, is that the two piece do meet and don't leave a roll of belly fat on view.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote