Old 02-18-2009, 10:46 PM   #1  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Default Am I the only one who doesn't want to be skinny?

So I'm reading the goal outfits thread and seeing pics of girls who weigh like 20 lbs and are stick thin and modeling these clothes that would prolly ONLY look good on people who look just like that.

Am i the only one who doesn't want to be skinny? I Know I'm huge and all, I have A LONG way to go, my ultimate goal is 175, 150 at the lowest but I think that might be stretching it...I dunno, I hate being FAT but I liked being CHUBBY, haha, I'm very very curvy, and I like that and would hate to diet my curves away!

am I the only one?

I'm also in the 100+ to lose club, I don't notice as many women there wanting to be very very thin. Maybe once you're this big you can't imagine being a skinny minnie. ?
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:58 PM   #2  

I think everyone has their own preference. It depends on your body shape and proportion. I don't think there's anything wrong with being skinny, as long as you obtain your goal healthily and not by some extreme means. Some bodies just aren't MEANT to be SKINNY.

And I think those clothes would look just fine on any woman who's confident wearing them! You don't need to be a twig to pull them off...you just have to feel good wearing them and let it show!
Its Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

I don't want to be just sticks and bones, but I want my muscles to show- like Jillian Michaels' arms! I like a more muscular look, not completely and totally ripped, but I want my hard work to show and you have to be some what thin for that to show (on my body anyway)
angelinelosesweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:18 PM   #4  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

S/C/G: 396/350/199

Height: 5'2''

no ur not the only 1. i would like to be 145-175lbs i like to be curvy.
CurvaceousCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 289/278.8/155

Height: 5'7"

I have large bones, so even when I weighed 135lbs (I'm 5'7") I still wore size 10 pants, I am pear shaped and that's the way it is. I had a 20" waist but was never what you would call skinny---of course, that was part of my problem. ....I really had no concept of what I really looked like. I wish I would have, but instead I abused my body and starved and binged and created a monster that I am now dealing with big time!!
Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:25 PM   #6  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Before, I sort of had that line of thought because I couldn't even fathom being "thin". I had never been thin in my entire life so I really had no frame of reference.

You may surprise yourself during this process. I had my goal set at 130 (dream number was 127 ) but learned I was just plain thin at 140. I didn't know that until I got there, though.

Also, this is the 20-somethings. There are ladies here of all shapes and sizes, but the age demographic is obviously more focused. I know a lot of us are fashion forward and associate being a certain size with feeling good in clothes. I know that I'm happy in smaller sizes- I feel better and more confident in a certain size. Some may call that vanity and a part of it may be, but I call it "comfortable in my own skin". As Courtney said, as long as the goals are realistic and healthy for that individual, I don't see anything wrong with it.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:26 PM   #7  
Let's do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
I have large bones, so even when I weighed 135lbs (I'm 5'7") I still wore size 10 pants, I am pear shaped and that's the way it is. I had a 20" waist but was never what you would call skinny---of course, that was part of my problem. ....I really had no concept of what I really looked like. I wish I would have, but instead I abused my body and starved and binged and created a monster that I am now dealing with big time!!
I have the same issue and I just had to accept that I am just a certain shape and that's the way it is. It was kind of a relief, actually.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 224/195/175

Height: 5'7"

Nope, I don't want to be skinny either. I want to be fit, and I want to feel good about myself, but I love my curves. It's more a matter of being toned, and losing some of my flabbiness rather than becoming a stick figure - that's never been my goal.
Arcana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:33 PM   #9  

I see where you're coming from. My goal weight is 145-140. I have a love/hate relationship with my hips. Sophia Loren was 145 all of her life(save for a few times) and she was absolutely gorgeous!

I just would love to feel comfortable in my own skin. Thats my whole reason for wanting to lose weight. I miss loving my body.
loveLauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:35 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

I think people are far too skinny nowadays....I mean, celebrity wise. Everyone is vying to look like a concentration camp victim.

I don't know about here, I never really noticed that actually.

~Choirgirl~
choirgirlhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:39 PM   #11  
Let's do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirgirlhotel View Post
I think people are far too skinny nowadays....I mean, celebrity wise. Everyone is vying to look like a concentration camp victim.

I don't know about here, I never really noticed that actually.

~Choirgirl~
It's crazy. Absolutely crazy. I saw a picture on a friend's facebook recently of a well known singer (in her 40's). She looked downright frail next to my friend and her coworkers who are all at healthy weights.

It's the camera's fault. It has totally distorted our realities to the point where people don't realize what celebrities have to do to be that thin. Sick thin.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:40 PM   #12  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I am not built small. There is nothing petite or tiny about me. I will never be "skinny" or "tiny". What I -can- be is athletic, so I've made that my goal. It's not skinny, but it IS attainable for me.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:58 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug41 View Post
It's crazy. Absolutely crazy. I saw a picture on a friend's facebook recently of a well known singer (in her 40's). She looked downright frail next to my friend and her coworkers who are all at healthy weights.

It's the camera's fault. It has totally distorted our realities to the point where people don't realize what celebrities have to do to be that thin. Sick thin.
I know! I saw a picture of Rachel Bilson next to some regular non-famous people and was totally shocked at how ridiculously small and skinny she was. On her own, you can't really see it, but when she gets next to normal healthy-sized people, it's quite shocking!
choirgirlhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:51 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

I think it all just depends on your perception of skinny. What I think is athletic might be too skinny to someone else. With that being said, I have a lot of friends that I think are really skinny who always are talking about how big their butt is or how fat their thighs are. I just try to remember that people of all shapes and sizes have their own body image issues to deal with.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:03 AM   #15  
I am the lorax.

S/C/G: 215/193/160

Height: 5'8"

I posted a goal outfit on a victoria secret model... but my goal is not to be "skinny" or ever close to that size, it's to be fit
I'm an hourglass by nature, so I am curvy at any size and I love that. My goal is a size 7, I know that's reasonable and I'll still look healthy.
moralitylikeart is offline   Reply With Quote