South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-18-2009, 09:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 339.2/327.6/175

Height: 5'10"

Default Hi Everyone!

Well, I'm new to the board so I thought I'd introduce myself!

My name is Jenn and I'm 35. I live in Illinois where I'm working on my second degree in Art Education. I have a 6-year-old son and have been married for 13 years. I'm at the highest weight of my life and really need to do something about it. It's not a flighty option anymore. This is real and this is important.

For as big as I am I'm lucky in that I don't have high blood pressure or high cholesterol. I"m not diabetic and don't have any other health problems. I'm just fat.

I started a blog through 3FC but can't post the link due to the message rules. It's under the basic blog names with my username at the end. It's in my profile as well.

I'm on Day 2 of Phase 1 and it's going okay. Day 1 was easy but today was a little tougher. I wanted to cave around mid-day but i stuck with it and didn't cheat. I'm really proud of myself for that alone.

Anyhow, I really look forward to getting to know all of you and getting/giving encouragement.
MomPOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Hi Jenn!!! Welcome to SBD We have a great group here and lots of fun. Good for you for staying strong today. It will get easier.
Chelby29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:55 PM   #3  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome Jenn. Congratulations on your will power today. It does get easier. This is by far the easiest and healthiest way of eating I have ever experienced. Good luck. Visit here often for loads of support.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5''

welcome jenn! the more the merrier i say! i just might have trouble remember who ya are and what your name is tho lol.. im bad for that. one day at a time hun. you can do this. come here for support, these gals are fantastic. we all know what youre going through in our own little way, so we/they can help. we ALL need encouragement or else we wouldnt be here. thats what i think anyways. theres a reason why this site was made up. to give and take support from others who are going through their own personal h*ll with weight. im glad youre here! talk to ya 2moro! have a good night.

stacy xxx
dreaminstacy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 02:35 AM   #5  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Great name I am like you -- low cholesterol, normal/low blood pressure, not pre-diabetic. Just heavy Welcome to the beach and enjoy it!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:00 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to The Beach, MomPOM! We're happy you decided to join us and look forward to getting to know you.
Hang in there, Phase 1 does get easier after the first few days, and you'll really start feeling the difference! Be sure to check out our stickies in the FAQ section to help you get past the "SBD flu", and I do hope you've read the book so you'll be better informed about the basics of this plan.
Good luck!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:36 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Welcome!

This is a wonderful place to be! Top reason I was successful!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:37 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 339.2/327.6/175

Height: 5'10"

Thanks for the warm welcome! This place is going to be fun.
MomPOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:17 AM   #9  

Hi Jenn! I just started on Monday. I, too, amd 35 and am at my highest weight! Hopefully, through this site and the support of everyone on here, we will be successful.

I look forward to chatting with you!
mythreesons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 02:32 PM   #10  
Maintenance May 2011

S/C/G: 312/149/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome, Jenn! PH1 is kind of difficult but it doesn't last forever. I found things much easier when I started PH2 even though I'm probably doing a PH1.5 as I only have one starch & one fruit most days. That one starch made all the difference in the world!
mizski is offline   Reply With Quote