Old 02-18-2009, 07:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/197/150

Height: 5'7

Default OT-Review

I had my 3 month review today at work and it wasn't necessarily bad, but there were criticisms on it. I know that there have to be criticisms on the reviews, but I'm not someone who takes it well. I get very anxious over things like that. I have bad anxiety and it makes my stomach hurt.

The criticisms:
1. Don't text on your phone - this one I completely understand; I've very fidgety and so I play with my phone and she considers anything done on a phone texting. However, she does talk to her husband at least twice a day on the phone

2. When carrying stuff in ask if help is needed....that was just in general all fine

3. No laptops in the office; this one is because we have not had internet in the office and so I bring my laptop. She said this is just for the future.

However, she told me that I'm a great worker and she really thinks that I'm doing amazingly.

I know this isn't bad, but I still get very down on myself over any criticisms. Anyone else had reviews they didn't like. It'd be nice to hear I'm not the only one that takes the bad things badly. Thanks for letting me vent
WVUFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:00 PM   #2  
I love lamp

Well ... We were just told that we weren't getting raises this year :/ Sucks, but at least I get to keep my job
Dandelion Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:41 PM   #3  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

I had a really super tough boss a year ago, and my review was horrible. I thought I might be fired. I had comments like " moderate team player", "adequate skill", "no project managment experience", "no budget experience". His boss though promoted me a month later. I think reviews are just to show you how to grow. Most of my negative comments were actually things they expected me to learn in the promotion. I don't know if it was so I would try and pay extra attention or not.

Don't take it personally, just make sure those things don't make it onto your evaluation next year.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:45 PM   #4  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

my first evaluation (it's done on a numbers system, 1-5) I got allll fives except one which ended up as a 4. I obsessed about that 4 for the rest of the year. The next one, I ended up with two 4s and I was heartbroken. This year (I just got one) it was ALL 4s all the way through. I was so disappointed with myself. I showed the sheet to my husband and he asked me why there were no fives on it and I said "BECAUSE APPARENTLY I SUCK" and he said No I mean at the top where it lists what each number means, there aren't any fives?! So apparently I got a perfect eval but I spent all day too freaked out about it to notice. So then once DH pointed this out to me, I automatically assumed my boss didn't realize the change either and I must still suck.
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:46 PM   #5  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

I haven't had a review at my new job yet, but have had negative comments, and I really take it to heart. I wish I didn't.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 176/161.5/125

Height: 5'2"

Jeez,

That review was mild compared to the ones I get. I work for a defense contractor, most my co-works are workaholic A-types. As in Type A**holes that send work emails at 11PM, schedule 7:00AM meetings at 6:30AM and have 2-3 graduate degrees.

I'm more like a "work to live" type of person. I prefer not to go company holiday parties or happy hours with coworkers. I already spend 9-10 hours a day with my co-workers, I don't need to spend my personal time with them - I highly value my family time.

My boss gave me a management book to read during the christmas holiday. That's 3 days I have time with my family, why am I getting homework?!? Am I going to get rusty from enjoying some family time and eggnog?

On top of my MS in EE course load, I still have other technical training requirements.

Last edited by redflatshoe2; 02-20-2009 at 10:09 PM.
redflatshoe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 01:36 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 266.3/232/150

Height: 5'7"

I hate reviews! My last review, I got three 4's and one 5. I was so mad because I felt I had done better. I was the #1 seller in the store and in the 2 years I had worked there, I NEVER had one complaint. Not only that, but I recieved a 4 in customer service. My boss told me that I need to work on pleasing the customer. Also, in the week of my review, I know of 4 customers that went up and told him what a huge help I had been.
A week later, I quit. lol. I quit because I had school though, not because of the review, although I let him think that it was. They are still having trouble selling there and everytime I go back in, he asks me to come back to work....

sucker.
CeCeLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:36 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/197/150

Height: 5'7

That's too funny CeCe. I really enjoy my job so I don't wanna quit, but it's always an option

WormwoodDoll- I can't get it out of my head. I know I was in the wrong, but I take them completely to heart. I'm sorry about your negative comments

redflatshoe2 - That sucks about your co-workers. Some people are just hateful naturally. For stuff like Christmas Parties and such ours are mandatory. We have staff appreciation on the 2nd and I got an email from the main boss saying I expect to see everyone there unless you have to be in court! I can't believe your boss would give you something to read over holiday though, that's not right.

leigh- I told my bf about mine and he told me I should've ripped into her I doubt that your boss didn't realize about the 5's being gone because a lot of times they are sent many notices about that if not having training. So take the fact that you are perfect and run

sprklemajik- I know that they are meant for me to improve upon them but I have this little voice in the back of my head saying "She's attacking you, take it personally" My next review is three months from now so hopefully everything will be better.

Dandelion Trickle - sorry about not getting the raise, i think everyone is feeling it, but i'm glad you have your job

Some stuff I think was silly because she said I need to clean the office more but I haven't been IN the office due to it not being open. It was still in construction. So stupid. Also, the more I thought about it the more angry I got because she said I shouldn't text on my phone (3/4 of the time I am actually looking up directions or information for her on the internet) when I can't even count on my hands the times she's left meetings to talk to her daughter, husband, or friends. She takes personal calls in the car, she's left meetings, she does it at the office. But I can't say those things without sounding defensive. And honestly she tells me to tell her, but I have a very strong intuition that she would take it very personally and hold a grudge. She said that I can tell her if I am mad about something, but to do it in the PROPER way.

And I don't know if this is weird to anyone else, but she walked into my brand new office barefoot the other day. After wearing loafers all day (she had been working from 6-2) It skeeved me a lil.

I know I am just b***hing, but I am more in the defensive angry phase now. Especially since she acts like my friend more than anything. For example, she asked me about my new puppies I went and got my camera from my purse (its always there just in case) to show her the pictures and on the review was don't bring in cameras.

Oh and another thing I couldn't tell her; I didn't think it was appropriate to stop at a mall on company time and shop for 2 hours. Especially since I needed to get home and would've on time if she hadn't done that. Then count it as overtime! I can't tell her boss either (my main supervisor) because she was there and wanted to shop too.
If she wants someone 100% professional like that, thats what she'll get.
WVUFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote