Old 02-18-2009, 03:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: CW 158 GW 125 Ideal 120

Height: 5'4

Default Cheated and still lost weight?

I've eaten over my calorie count 2 days last week and 1 day this week. I"m not sure how many calories I went over but let's say one day I had Mcdonald's french friesand a hamburger. Anyway I weighed myself and I'm 5 pounds lighter from the time I weighed myself after I was sick. I was positive that I'd of gain weight. It could be the fact that I was sick and I wasn't eating much iand t wouldn't stay down so maybe the 3 days that I did spurge maybe balanced itself out. I have no idea but I'm back on track with my calorie counting..
negrita75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:05 PM   #2  
back to balance

Height: 5'7"

Yeah, weight loss works in funny and weird ways sometimes - I've had that happen, as well as the (more expected) opposite. Maybe your metabolism appreciated the boost, maybe it was your sickness like you said (losses don't always show up immediately, and neither do gains), and maybe it was something unrelated. Anyways, it's good that you're back on track!
Heffalump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Hey, I have also done something similar--like missed two or three days of workouts and then I my weight falls two or three days in a row. Gosh, who knows!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:21 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Good for you for getting back on track!

An occasional big meal doesn't do too much damage--the danger is if a person wants to do it more often...

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:00 PM   #5  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

Sometimes your body just needs that extra boost! That's why I eat a free meal once a week (sometimes just once every two weeks). My losses are usually greater.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:19 PM   #6  
I am the lorax.

S/C/G: 215/193/160

Height: 5'8"

That happened to me friday
there was a party... and lots of appetizers. I got sucked in and consumed like 800 calories more than I should have.
but I bounced right back and still managed to lose 3 pounds last week!
moralitylikeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:46 AM   #7  
Flab to Fab!

S/C/G: 207/180/125

Height: 5'1

Working out and dieting 24/7 can take its toll on anybody. So what I do is have a cheat day every week, usually Sundays, where I don't count calories at all. Once you're use to calorie counting, you're bound to make smarter choices. Even on my cheat days when I know I can have a burger or some fried chicken, I still opt for something a little more healthy... like a chicken salad with thousand island dressing. Anything creamy really isn't good for you... so being able to have that dressing is like heaven!

Last edited by GlamourVVhore; 02-19-2009 at 06:53 AM.
GlamourVVhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:15 PM   #8  

S/C/G: CW 158 GW 125 Ideal 120

Height: 5'4

It's good to know that is has happened to others not just me. Weight loss is funny and I guess sometimes you need to eat a few more calories to give your body that extra metabolism boost.

yes it's good to be back on track with my calorie counting but at least I know now that if you cheat or get thrown off it's not that big of deal just don't over do it and get back on track. I guess this could be what calorie cycling is, I still really haven't understood that correctly. I do like the idea of giving yourself a free day and I think I'm going to do that starting in Mrach and give myself a free day every 2 weeks

Last edited by negrita75; 02-19-2009 at 12:23 PM.
negrita75 is offline   Reply With Quote