Old 02-18-2009, 11:37 AM   #1  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Default 30 Something Chat Wednesday February 18th

Good Morning!

So, I went to the gym last night for the 1st time in a long time.

I'm very proud of my self for that. I burned about 450 calories in the 45 minutes I was there. It felt great!

I can't wait to go back tonight!

So, how is everyone else today?
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

Last night I went to a movie (New in Town) and dinner with some friends and I ate a big piece of cheese lasagna. It tasted so good and I ate the whole thing even though my stomach told me to stop. Anyway, it gave me a big stomach ache and lots of guilt. Way too much cheese...

I think I am going to have to stick to my points for the day and keep up the running. Now that I've posted it I have to commit to writing down what I eat and to run outside today. I think the rain has stopped so I have no excuses. I am so close to goal weight and I want to really meet this goal and not just settle on what I've done so far. Last time I lost weight I just settled and ended up gaining it back. Not this time!!!
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:03 PM   #3  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Hello...I'm new to this thead. I'm just going to jump in though and introduce myself. I'm a SAHM of 3. I reached my goal weight last summer only to put 30lbs back on after coming home from a vacation and taking basically the whole summer and holiday season off. I just commited myself yesterday to take the 30 lbs off and get back on track. I am no stranger to weight gain/loss. I've dealt with it ever since I had my first son. I'm looking forward though to getting to know you guys. Have a great day

Samanthajubilee-Doesn't it feel great getting back to the gym. Yesterday was my first day back also in a long time and I thought "God that was great!" I'm gonna try to remember that feeling and keep going with it. Good news is I woke up again this morning and went Have a great workout tonight

rileyozzy-You are so close to goal...how exciting! Have a great run~

Last edited by Tina30; 02-18-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Tina30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:38 PM   #4  
Where'd my 23yo body go?

Height: 5'3"

I'm going to jump in here too!

I'm a sahm with 4 boys. I used to be a dancer (many moons ago) but put on a lot of weight after giving it up for a "real job." I've never been able to lose the weight, because I never wanted to do it for me, and because I struggled with eating disorders for a long time, and was scared to fall back into old habits. I still struggle sometimes now, but I am gaining more control each day.

Anyways.... I'm exhausted today. All of my kids are sick, and the baby (15 months old) did not sleep well last night. I practically have my eyelids stapled open right now. lol
daydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:48 PM   #5  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

daydreamer- I no longer have babies, but hearing you talk about not sleeping well brought me right back to that time! I hope they all get better soon...it breaks my heart when little ones are sick. I love your quote "Where'd my 23yo body go?" Although I think mine would read "my 16 yo body!" I had my children pretty young so my body was not hot at 23!LOL!

Last edited by Tina30; 02-18-2009 at 12:48 PM.
Tina30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

just a quick drive by...work is slow due to the yuckie weather so i got a chance to get a lunch break. Ran to the libray to play on the computer and kill time (darn firewalls at work LOL). Things here are good with me. Doing a little better about the eating...still working out but not as much as i should. Still no soda (going on 8 days now) and feel great...do crave them occasionally but i find things to take their place.

riley-sorry your tummy is paying for the cheese...but hopefully you had fun

hey to daydreamer and tine...well..this is a great place to find people and advice...welcome!!!!

ok people are waiting for computer..must run before computer kicke me off (30 min time allowance nearing end)
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 05:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

daydreamer - I have a 16 month old and I know how it feels when the kids are sick. Hang in there.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 06:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/194/155

Just a quick vent, as I'm getting ready for my last night of work before taking some time off. Today I feel very weepy and hormonal (those darn cycles!). Everything is making me want to cry, and I hate feeling like this because its not me. Then to top it off last night, a co worker comes up to me and tells me congratulations on your pregnancy. MY PREGNANCY!!! That ship has sailed soooooooo long ago! Its hard to believe the nerve of some people, esp someone you don't really know well. The good thing is I didn't drown myself in fattening, empty junk food. I had my healthy snacks with me, then when I got home, I drowned my sorrows in my Kashi cereal with soy milk.

My other good thing is I lost 1.3 pounds this past week, which I was astounded by considering I worked 72 hours this past week and did not work out at all.

I hope all is better by the morning. Thanks for letting me vent. I hope everyone is well too.
anniedoll30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:40 PM   #9  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Just popping in real quick to say hello!

Been a busy week, I'm getting up early and working out before work, so feeling good about that. Hope you all are doing good as well.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:11 PM   #10  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina30 View Post
daydreamer- I no longer have babies, but hearing you talk about not sleeping well brought me right back to that time! I hope they all get better soon...it breaks my heart when little ones are sick. I love your quote "Where'd my 23yo body go?" Although I think mine would read "my 16 yo body!" I had my children pretty young so my body was not hot at 23!LOL!
I feel your pain. I do miss my body...no stretch marks, sagging tummy skin, thunder thighs. I actually kept my body in good shape until I turned 19. I was a bit under weight from 16 - 18. When I turned 18 I gained the freshman 15. Look good on me. Then the 10 lbs every 10 years hit me. UGH!!! I need to find the pic of me at my heaviest & at my "goal weight" & scan it in. Didn't take too many back then. So we will have to see what I can find.
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote