Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2002, 01:22 PM   #1  
I WILL get to my goal!

Default New To WW

Hi! I am thinking about purchasing the WW Home plan soon. I just wanted to know of any advice I should hear before I start the plan.

Anything I should know to make life easier with this plan or any other advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-23-2002, 08:23 AM   #2  

Height: 6'0"

Default Hi Duchess

Duchess, I've never heard of the home plan before. I attend Weight Watcher meetings and I am doing the Winning Points system. (On the program for one month and lost 10 pounds already). It's really great. You can eat regular foods and just keep track of points each day that go with your current weight. It's one of the easiest things I've ever done.

You need to drink lots of water every day. No matter what diet plan you are on, you need to drink water.

Whoops! I said the "d" word. I keep telling myself: "this is a lifestyle change, not a diet." I cannot continue to eat as I did when I was a teenager.

You need to exercise--don't think of those skinny minnies doing aerobics (although that is great exercise). Start walking. Walk everywhere. Walk around the block, add a block and add another block. Work in the yard. When you clean the house, make it energetic--make it fun. Dance while you work.

Check these boards, too. There are some great people on these boards with loads of advice and experience.

Hope this helps--you can do it.
Old 05-23-2002, 09:38 AM   #3  
I WILL get to my goal!

Default Domina

Thanks so much for the tips!

Yes, the home plan can be found on the WW site. It is the winning points system that doesn't require you to attend mettings. Instead they give you access to a phone number for support that way if you need it.

Here is what the leaflet about it said for those interested:

"AT HOME

Can't make it to weekly meetings? Our Winning Points At Home Kit has everything you need to start losing weight. In addition to the 12-week Winning Points program, you recieve a POINT calculator, the 2002 Complete Food and Dining Out Companions, the current issue of Weight Watchers Magazine, a JUST 2 POINTS snack bar variety pack, and more!

3 Easy Payments of 33.32 plus shipping or one payment of $99.95"

I am excited about starting this because I don't think I can attend meetings very often. They also have a THE AT WORK PROGRAM too. I am not sure how that one works though.
Old 05-23-2002, 03:39 PM   #4  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

this is just my two cents... but...

to save some $$ try to go to the first meeting.. then read & post on these boards!

Personally, I don't think it's worth $100 to do it at home. I go to the meetings every week because I need the accountabilty.. plus it's fun! (I have a 2 year old.. going anywhere by myself is fun)

or.. go to ebay.. tons of people are selling their ww stuff really cheap!

Spend the money on a good scale that you can weigh yourself weekly.

Just my two cents.

Dana
235/224/212 10% mini goal

5 th week on WW
Old 05-23-2002, 06:15 PM   #5  
I WILL get to my goal!

Default Slimdown

Thanks for the tip.

I chose this route because I don't have the time or the willpower to attend a meeting. I didn't think about shopping on eBay.

I like to get packages like this brand-new so that I know I am not missing anything vital. But I will look into the eBay idea before I order the package through WW.

I am not concerned about missing support by not attending meetings. I have a friend I work with who is on this program and I am a member of about 4 weight loss forums like this one that I can go to for online support.

$100 is a lot of money, but it isn't too much for me to try a program with. That money would just go to some unnecessary junk like gambling or eating out at restaurants anyways. I might as well use it for good.
Closed Thread