South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 06:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday Groovin' on The Beach

Is everyone sleeping in? Well, some of us have to be at work early today. Of course, at 5am I told myself I'd lay here another 15 minutes, and promptly fell into a deep sleep until 6!
I'll be with the girls until around 7 this evening, but Cindy's groom is taking the girls on a Fox Hunt for a couple hours this afternoon, so that will break the day up. We're going to try to have Amber come over later this afternoon for a playdate, and I'll just bring her home with me afterwards.

So what's happening on your President's Day?
Old 02-16-2009, 07:06 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, it's Family Day here and stores are actually closed! It's a new holiday so takes a bit of getting used to. ("Never end a sentence with a preposition.")
I finally got some of that SF syrup so am having Irish Cream flavoured coffee with my little "family" to celebrate the day.

Tomorrow is a busy day and, like an idiot, I invited someone for dinner. That means I won't be able to shop s0 will scrounge around in the freezer and fin something to pre-prepare. Connie doesn't eat lamb so my rack of lamb idea is out. I'm leaning toward Salsa Chicken and a brown rice pilaf with whatever veggies come in my good food box tomorrow. Last month it was sugar snap peas.

Hope your President's Day or Family Day or Just Plain Monday goes well.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:08 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks

Cottage - Hope you have a fun day with the girls

Ruth - I don't care what they call days off as long as they are days off Happy family day to you and the "kids"

I just finished a reasonably yummy breakfast of scrambled tofu with broccoli, salsa & refried beans. The witch doctor suggested I avoid eggs for a few weeks because they tested high on the allergy test. I don't mind a little extra creativity so am giving it a shot.

Just another day of chores around here. I've been very relaxed about getting them done with three days to spread them over. Now though I need to actually get through the list Looks like another sunny day here so my exercise will be outside again with yoga tonight. It's so nice being able to get outside again without worrying about freezing bits off!

Hope everyone is able to squeeze a little time in to enjoy the sunshine if you have it!
Old 02-16-2009, 08:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning, Chickies,

This morning, I could sleep in as long as I wanted. Hubby came rushing in at 6:45, loudly asking if I was going to sleep all day. grrrrrr. Then he started rushing Auston, "GET DRESSED!" I reminded him that there is no school today. Things are much more relaxed now. He's still not my favorite at this moment.

We started working on our garden yesterday. FIL pulled out the tiller. DH tractored topsoil from another part of the hill. I raked my little arms off and threw a ton of rocks into the woods. We are actually more successful growing rocks than squash. I called a friend about getting some of her horse manure, but haven't heard back yet. It's too early to plant, but we are going to be ready. FIL said it's time to grow potatoes. I had to remind him we don't eat potatoes.

Happy President's Day! Happy Family Day! Have a little fun for yourself.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:38 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Chelby, perhaps you can grow sweet potatoes?
Old 02-16-2009, 08:50 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

good morning ladies,

cottage- read you slept in until 6 and I was thinking WOW it is only 6:30 here and she was the first one on the site, everyone must be sleeping in.

ruth- I would love a "Family" holiday. Enjoy your day with your "fur"kids.

cyndi- I have chores to do today that I have been putting off but they are going to have to wait mom wants to go thirfting so I can't disappoint her .

Chelby-luckly my DH goes to work before everyone else get up so I was spared your morning. That is really cool that your family is into helping with a garden. Mine just look at my like I have flipped my lid. Enjoy your day.

As for me today, I have my walk in this morning, doing the rest of the laundry and dishes. I have about 2 hours before I meet up with my mom to go with her for the day. DD2 and I made granola, pudding dessert, salsa, and pico de gallo yesterday. She loved the kitchen time and boy did we make a mess!! Off to start a beef stew for lunches this week and take chicken out for dinner.

Everyone have a great day and a safe one
Old 02-16-2009, 09:42 AM   #7  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning girls! No sleeping in here -- just didn't have a chance to get on the laptop at home, so now I am in the office. I lost another 3 pounds this week! Woo hoo! So, that is seven pounds gone for phase 1! Today starts phase two...so that is kinda of fun.

I need to go check out the phase two recipe section for some new, fun things to fix!

Hope everyone has a looovely Monday -- rushing off for more coffee now!
Old 02-16-2009, 09:57 AM   #8  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

well i'm ready for a new week. i feel like last week was a total loss. well not total but so much stress happened that i was off. i guess in terms of me anyways, i haven't ate anything not sb friendly since jan. 1 and 2 days last week my daughter wanted to go out and eat and well we did. she doesn't live with me so i dont mind but when she is here i have other stuff in the house. That and my ex...who i was letting stay in the spare room til he got on his feet tried to overdose and in now in the hospital, so i spent 10 hours there. he thinks he will be coming back here but i am prepared to tell him he can't do that...although i cave in easily i think its making him worse being around me. so, anyways the 16 year old moved to her aunts last sunday then tells me she is pregnant (which i mentioned before) so all in all it was a very stressful week. and now i live all alone...which i haven't done in 20 years...yikes!!!well except the dogs and cats. did i mention the one dog was missing for 4 days this week and is finally back and totally grounded. so anyways, i'm being extremely careful with what i eat this week and basically trying to destress
Old 02-16-2009, 10:00 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5''

happy family day everyone! 2 of my family members are fighting.... chloe is 5 and brady is 4, 9 1/2 months apart... they love each other but also love to hate each other lol... i woke to maggie the puppy barking and felt a cold draft, went upstairs to find the irish twins (chloe & brady) outside trying to get the dog in. ugh mondays lol... i have 6 children, 5 living at home. youngest is 18 months, savannah jaide. shes a gem and a handful lol. the fku has been through my house twice and ive missed it each time... im waiting for the ball to drop and for me to get it. i was hoping it was going to come today. cant have it 2moro, too much to do and with the kids in school and john at work i wont get any help... here it is 10 am and im only feeling a little queezy.. not good enough lol... im canadian, living in southern ontario, my hubby is american... from georgia. just a little bit of info there lol.... well time to go duct tape the twins to the wall... talk to ya'll later. have a great day on the beach!! stacy x
Old 02-16-2009, 10:04 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5''

sorry to hear of your situation me4life. stay strong. you can do this. i have a question for everyone... i keep seeing this 1000 mile challange ticker on ya'll posts.. how do i get that?? i really really want to do it!! thanks in advance. stacy x
Old 02-16-2009, 10:08 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone! I'm eating my morning cereal and then DH and I will be ready to head back home shortly. We had a WONDEFUL time this weekend, but we're ready to be home.

I'll be back this afternoon, hopefully.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:09 AM   #12  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaminstacy67 View Post
sorry to hear of your situation me4life. stay strong. you can do this. i have a question for everyone... i keep seeing this 1000 mile challange ticker on ya'll posts.. how do i get that?? i really really want to do it!! thanks in advance. stacy x
i got mine at ticker.com you can make your own...mines a personal challenge but think they have one in the exercise thread
Old 02-16-2009, 10:41 AM   #13  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Mornin', Cottage! It's a lazy day for a lot of people, I think! Our students are on break week, so we have shortened hours (10-3 for me! ). I'm glad you're getting a break in the afternoon, but I really wish the girls weren't being subjected to fox hunting. They don't kill the foxes, right?

Love the "Family Day" idea, Ruth! Our family is rife with four-footers, too, so I can relate to your morning. Only I had SF Kahlua syrup in my coffee. Your dinner menu sounds yummy. Put some cheese on top of the rice...it's yummmy!

Wish I could do more personals, but a student just arrived. Time to get going! Have a great day, Chickies!
Old 02-16-2009, 11:01 AM   #14  

Today feels so weird. I'm off work but Brian has school. Okay, I've done a little work today but not much. I am going to run out and pick up some merit badge books that I forgot to get this weekend and I'm seriously thinking of stopping by the gym. I haven't been in a very long time and it seems like a waste of a chance if I don't go. I might also get some work on Twilight Camp done too but I've got a book I'm enjoying reading so I do plan on relaxing some.

I'm fixing black bean soup for dinner tonight. I finally found the whole wheat rolls I like in the store this weekend and one of those would be great with the soup.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:31 AM   #15  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

DreaminStacy! Hope you post an introduction thread so everyone can welcome you. Sounds like you have one busy life!

For those who are adding tickers to their signatures--please look at the guide (the green/yellow/red one) on the signature editting page to help you choose the placement of your tickers. If you have more than two, your signature can get really, really long and this makes it very frustrating for some members (especially those with dial-up service). Consider using the "small" function to make some of your tickers tinier--then you can fit two on one line. My signature is venturing far into the yellow section, so I try to keep an eye on it.
Closed Thread