100 lb. Club - Accountability/Menu/Planning 16 - 22 Feb

nicolen
02-16-2009, 02:19 AM
Hi lovelies!

I'm not quite sure what happened yesterday. I logged onto the site several times, intending to post but somehow never quite got there. Oh, well. It was a pretty quiet day in any case.

I got to the gym this morning and did my workout, which was good. I'm really noticing a difference in my fitness levels, if nothing else, so eventually I must start noticing it elsewhere.

I've just finished ordering my groceries online to be delivered tomorrow after work. It just seems more practical these days - I don't have the time, and it means I'm not wandering down the aisles buying rubbish. Salmon's on special, so I've ordered some to cook up for dinner - yummy!

MJ, that's exactly why I go to the gym first thing - it's done then and I'm not talking myself out of going if I'm a little bit stressed or tired.

Tammy, your kids are really having a rough run at the moment, aren't they?

Numina, hope you enjoyed your dinner out!

Red, one day when you're a little over your calories isn't going to do too much damage as long as it's not followed by several other days over your calories.

Trazey, way to go with the food! Awesome stuff there.

The menu today was:

B - crumpets and vegemite (just for a change ;))

S - muesli bar

S - yoghurt

L - salad roll with lamb

D - leftovers - lamb, kumara, carrots, frozen mixed veg.

Have fun everyone!

cfmama
02-16-2009, 04:05 AM
Oh ordering groceries online sounds awesome!!! I wish I could do that!

We've def. had our long run of bad luck health wise around here. We've all been sick on and off for a month at least... and me for the last two!!! It's the weather. We're up to +7 celcius one day and then BANG it's -28 (like tonight.) Crazy.

Well we went to the movies. I had my popcorn. I kind of regret it. Even though I made room for it in my budget... it was not as good as I remember. AND I ate it way too fast and ate it ALL. Hmmm... live and learn.

Tomorrow is day 141 ON PLAN. It's also a 2000 calorie cycle day

B- 2/3 cup granola, 1/2 cup skim milk, large banana
L- 1.5 cups chopped turkey breast, 2 cups romaine, cucumber, snap peas, red onion, asian dressing and yogurt
s- cocktail tomato, 2 LC wedge with two wasa
D- 2 3oz salmon fillets, 1 cup stirfry veg, 1.5 cups roasted potato's with 1 T evoo
s- 2 clementines, 1 slice sprouted grain bread, 1 T pb

have a great on plan day my friends!!! And wish me luck at getting UNDER 300 SOON!!!!!

mj5
02-16-2009, 10:36 AM
Hi everyone! The scale is still up this am and I am NOT happy about that. I know it's just a stupid # and it could be any number of things, but still....anyway, I am not going to let that get me down! Today will be OP day #9! Hard to believe, but I am still kinda sore from the BL yoga workout! Obviously worked out muscles I haven't used in a while! LOL!!!! Tonight's plan at the gym is legs/back and cardio.

nicolen--I wish I could get up early enough to work out in the am. Every once in a while I get through these phases where I am up early enough to some cardio before work, but not early enough for a whole workout.

cfmama--I certainly hope everyone in your family stays healthy for a while now!!! You will be under 300 before you know it! Great job!!!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!

GirlyGirlSebas
02-16-2009, 11:05 AM
Hiya, Friends.

I nursed my family through the flu and managed to avoid catching it myself. However, I did catch their nasty head cold. I'm back to work today and my head feels like its in a fog.

Today is my official weigh-in day. I maintained.

MugCanDoIt
02-16-2009, 12:00 PM
ok. This week is the beginning of me not weighing every day. I weighed this morning, and will not touch the scale until Friday. I will not let daily weight fluctuations drive me insane any longer!

Brkst
3 boiled egg whites
1 apple

snack
apple
10 almonds

lunch
subway veggie sub 6"'

snack
orange

supper
leftover spaghetti pie piece
roasted green beans
brocoli

snack
sugar free jello
boiled eggs

Now, I will start this Monday out on the right foot and continue forward, looking forward to Friday so I can weigh myself. I CAN HAVE A SUCCESSFUL WEEK AHEAD OF ME IF I WANT IT BAD ENOUGH!

Redflame
02-16-2009, 02:04 PM
Hey there!

A new week started already! What the heck, I dont think I was done with the last week........oh well that whole calendar thing goes on with or without me.

Kids come home today, DH does not have work, so he will drive over the pass to get them. Friday nights drive over the pass was horrid. Snow the whole way, and of course the worse patch of road was right where this is a several hundred foot drop on one side. It really freaks me out.

Nicole--groceries delivered, that sounds nice....if only they would come in and put everything away too.

MJ--when Nicole mentioned to you about going to the gym first thing in the morning I thought about a story I heard one time, Swallow your frog in the morning and the rest of the day is a breeze........wait and you will never get it done......lost alot in tranlation but the story was good

CF--dont you hate it when the treat you waited for lets you down? Popcorn for me always smells so much better than it tastes

Rhonda--hope you get over your cold soon, flush it out with lots of fluids

Mug--great goal on the scale, it controls me too...in fact our battery went out of the 2 month old scale and we just replaced it this weekend, DH could not figure out why it went out already, I did not happen to mention that I get on it in the middle of the night every time I get up along with 2-3 times in the morning....

B- coffee and organic instant oatmeal
L- forgot to pack it
D-potato and kale soup, veggie burger patties in pita bread

mj5
02-16-2009, 02:25 PM
Hi again! I really need to focus on work, just can't seem to right now...

Rhonda--Glad you avoided the flu, but hope you get rid of the head cold soon! Congrats on maintaining!

Mug--Looks good!

Redflame--Sorry to hear the drive on Friday was so bad. I agree...I wasn't done w/ Sunday yet, but here we are right in the middle of Monday! It feels SO good to work out in the morning, it just doesn't work for my schedule.

Beverlyjoy--Hope you are doing ok!

Alright, I need to fill up my water bottle and get back to work!!!

lottie63
02-16-2009, 03:00 PM
'ello lovelies. Have been lurking cuz I was sick and not posting much but am feeling a bit betta. So here I am! :D

b: subway veggie delight, 6 inch on wheat
s: Banana
l: Other half veggie delight 6 inch on wheat
s: apple, peach yogurt
s: lean cusine three cheese chicken
d: 2 eggs, 2 slices bacon, 2 unbuttered slices of double fiber toast

Hope everyone is doing well. :)

lottie63
02-16-2009, 03:02 PM
Oh! Also, I reached my mini goal of getting down to 263 before March 9th (my 14 year anniv) and have started a new goal, to have lost 50 lbs by easter when I go home to see my fam, first time since xmas.

Numina
02-16-2009, 03:40 PM
Nicole: Good job on the morning workout. I think it is way cool that you are noticing improvements in your fitness Ė that is a wonderful payoff for your hard work. Oh, and I am inviting myself over for dinner tonight, OK? Salmon sounds really good! ;) Hope you are off to a strong week with a strong Monday.

CFMama: I didnít realize you had been sick along with everyone else in your family! Blech. Is Phoenix improving? Full tuxedo-style kudos for staying in control and on plan throughout all of the illnesses. Sorry the popcorn was a disappointment --- what movie did you see? And donít worry about your weight --- I am confident that you will be in Twoder/TooCoolLand this week! GO MAMA!

MJ5: Yeah, it IS just a number, but it is still frustrating as Heck when it goes the wrong way. But you are 9 days to the good and working hard at the exercise side of things, so you know it is just a matter of time before you see a drop. In the meantime, donít let those yoga guys beat you up anymore! Threaten to drop a weight on their toes if they pull that stuff again! :lol: Oh and Hi again!

Rhonda: Wow, more sick people! We have to stop coughing on our computer screens or something. Glad to head you didnít pick up the flu yourself, but a head cold is no picnic either. You held the line through it all and that is something to be proud of, But take care of yourself and get well soon --- we need you to beat up MJ5ís yoga dudes.

Mug: If the rest of your week looks as good as the food you lined out today, I think you really are in for a good week. You are down 31 pounds, which sounds pretty impressive from where I am sitting. Work you plan, enjoy your week and I bet the numbers take care of themselves. :goodscale:

RedFlame: Isnít it amazing how fast the weeks go by? And I look around and only got done about half of what I intended. Glad you all survived going over the pass --- winter driving is definitely not something I enjoy. And next to a drop-off like that?? :eek: Hope your week gets off to a smooth start today!

Lottie: Great to see you back! Sounds like you are beginning to feel some better, I hope? Congratulations on reaching the 263 goal! And way early! 14th anniversary ofÖ.? Keep taking care of yourself so we can see more of your shining face around the joint ---- I miss hearing about your adventures.

I stayed on plan over the weekend, including eating a fabulous sea food enchilada for Valentine's Day dinner --- by budgeting calories, I stayed in the groove! I am off to a very slow start today, however --- Mondays always seem to kick my behind.

B: oatmeal, yogurt
S: skipped it
L: salad with WW toast
S: either 1/2 grapefruit or apple
D: funny you should mention that! I really should come up with something....

Everyone have a good day today and let's get off to a strong start for the week. All you sick people (you know who you are, don't try repressing the coughing!) take care of yourselves --- rest! And if anyone is interested, I am having a laundry party at my house today! WHEEE! :)

lottie63
02-16-2009, 04:31 PM
Numina, 14 years I have been with my bf. :) (No we are not getting married)

haha

Numina
02-16-2009, 09:04 PM
That is a long time, Lottie! Congratulations! --- relationships that last take work and commitment .... Ah, the light bulb goes off in my pointy head --- you already have some good hands-on (wink wink nudge nudge) experience in committing to something and you are doing a good job of applying that experience to committing to this weight loss thing. You are going to kick butt on this whole thing, once you get completely over being sick.

Thanks for the info --- it was snoopy of me to ask and gracious of you to explain.

cfmama
02-16-2009, 11:17 PM
I'll be back for personals in a bit... get this down right now though.

Tomorrow is day 142 on plan. 1500 calorie cycle day

B- 2/3 cup granola, 1/2 cup skim milk, 3/4 banana
L- 2 eggs, 1 T light mayo, 1/4 cup onions, 2 sl sprouted grain bread, 2 clementines
s- 2 LC wedges, cocktail tomato
D- 1 cup chicken breast, 2 cups lettuce, 1/4 cup snap peas, 5 cucumber slices, 1 T tangerine lime dressing
s- applesauce cup, yogurt

nicolen
02-17-2009, 01:56 AM
Meh, no salmon for me tonight. It and the shaved ham got left off the order. I've checked my print out and checked the print out that came with the groceries, and both the salmon and the ham are on there, so it's not like I've thought I've ordered it and didn't. Just sent an email off to the customer services team asking if those items can be credited against my next order. We're not talking a lot of money here - around $5.50 or so, but still they're items I've paid for and didn't get. The strange thing was they rang me at work to check on a couple of items, and they've never done that before...

So I ended up having a Weightwatchers frozen meal for dinner and it was disappointing. It's been a while since I've had a frozen dinner - at least 5 months or so - and, yeah, I really didn't enjoy it that much at all. Probably not a bad thing...

Anyway, I had a good workout today. My arms are a bit sore after the weights yesterday, but that shows I'm working hard, right? Cardio today - cross trainer, bike and elliptical. I tend to zone out when I'm doing cardio, but I figure as long as my heart rate is up and I'm sweating, then it's going to show results. My weight is up about a pound at the moment. I'm not really that worried about that since TOM is charging in like a wounded bull, but I refuse to give in to the chocolate monster. Once TOM arrives, I'm picking I'll drop a good 3 - 4 pounds that week.

Tammy, how was the movie? Too bad you didn't enjoy the popcorn, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, either. You may not want it the next time you go to the movies...

MJ, the scale will catch up with you! Day 9 on programme - you're doing so well!

Rhonda, awesome job on maintaining through the family's illnesses. That's not always easy!

Mug, go you! With that attitude, you're going to have the most awesome week ever!

Red, I know exactly what you mean! I've found that if I go to the gym after work, I never get there because there's always an excuse. In the morning, there's not a lot of point in going back home since I'd ony just get home and have to turn around and come back to work again.

Lottie, I'm pleased you're feeling better!

Numina, when you're done with the laundry party, do you want to come over and start a party at my place. Remember I have a brand new washing machine that'll help the party along! ;)

The menu today was:

B - crumpets, vegemite

S - boiled egg

S - yoghurt

L - felafel, salad and pita bread

D - WW chicken fetuccine

And I've just got an email back from the supermarket apologizing for the inconvenience and crediting the money back onto my account. Yay for them!

Have fun everyone
Nicole

Numina
02-17-2009, 09:56 AM
Hey, CFMama --- I saw your awesome news on the other thread. CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN! Looks like you are kicking off this week with a vengeance. Hope you and your family are through with all the illnesses.

Nicole --- Oh, no salmon! That sucks! I just hate it when I have my mouth all set for some special food and then life intervenes and snatches it from my hands. Applause to you for finding an OP alternative and sticking with it, even if it wasn't very satisfying. And no, not even for a dance with your new washing machine will I do any extra laundry! :lol: For some reason, laundry is one of my least favorite household chores.

Yesterday was kind of mixed up because my kid was home from school and I took him and a buddy to an arcade/laser tag place. I sat and read in a little cafeteria thing for about 4 incredibly boring hours and all I had was some diet pop! While my willpower probably deserves some credit, I think most of the credit goes to the really awful-looking food they were serving. :D Things should be back to normal here today, however.

B: 2 WW toast with Laughing cow, grapefruit, V8
S: not sure, probably yogurt or a handful of nuts
L: salad with tuna
S: either an apple or some grapes
D: HM vegetable soup, HM bread for the boys

I am going to hit the gym early today --- went last night while son and husband were at karate and it was a total zoo. Also, a friend loaned me a yoga CD so I will be looking at that. I hope everyone has a terrific Tuesday!

:tread: :yoga:

MugCanDoIt
02-17-2009, 10:15 AM
:devil:
Have you ever had a day in which you woke up in a sleepy, horrible mood and just want to hide under your desk at work? Well Im having one of those days. Its like I just want to hiss at people today...as if to say STAY AWAY. :devil::devil::(

mj5
02-17-2009, 10:33 AM
Hi everyone!

lottie--So glad you are feeling a bit better!

Numina--Exactly, I hope to see a "WHOOSH" on the scale soon! Ooh, a laundry party. I think I'll pass, I had one at my house on Saturday. My dh always reminds me that "I" don't do the laundry, the washing machine does. Of course, I am quick to point out that until we have a machine that can sort, put in the machine, add the soap, set the dials, put in the dryer, fold, and put away...."I" do the laundry! LOL!

nicolen--That's too bad about the groceries, but good news that that they are taking care of it! I tend to zone out during cardio too, but I think I work harder than if I focus too much on what I am doing, if that makes any sense.

Mug--Umm, yea...Hang in there, you can get through today!

Schmoodle, Beverlyjoy, Redflame, Rhonda--Hi!

Plan for today at the gym is arms/shoulders and cardio. The scale looks a little better this am, but still up. It is OK, though.

Have a great OP day!

knobhdy
02-17-2009, 11:46 AM
:wave:
Hi ladies,
I have been really struggling with the same 3 or 4 pounds for the last several weeks and its got to stop. I suspect the culprit is the larger than I would like amounts of chocolate and champagne around my house. I have to put a stop to that and get those darn chocolate covered cherries out of my life.. and not by eating them.
(I made then for a fancy party we were supposed to attend last weekend, but the SigO though it would be weird - the party was being hosted by a couple who are going through a divorce - so we stayed home.)
On top of that my SigO bought me chocolate for VDay.. seriously :dz:
Anyway, I have been really good about packing lunches for me the past week, (today is workday 7 without having to buy lunch) and I have started packing them for the SigO as well.

Today's breakfast/lunch:
Light yogurt, and low fat granola bar.
Chicken and corn soup.
Broccoli and cauliflower, and asparagus.
Babybel cheese, and an oz of apple slices
Gummy vitamins and a few chocolate mini eggs for dessert.

For the SigO I packed:
brown rice, and flack steak. (:yay: leftovers)
whole wheat nan, and a laughing cow cheese wedge.
Broccoli/cauliflower and asparagus
gummy vitamins and ferra roche for dessert

I pack more for the SigO in hopes that he will snack on the extra food instead of buying candy or junk at the vending machine.

Redflame
02-17-2009, 12:42 PM
So did anyone notice my other post? We were all at the office for over 4 hours before we realized we were suppose to be closed for the holiday! The boss was getting a new hire packet ready for the new gal and we were going over the benefits and going over the holidays we take off. As we read Presidents day, we both read it over again, looked at each other and cracked up! Here we are whining (jokingly) about having to work while most everyone we know is off work and school..........and we were suppose to be closed after all! Such boobs we are! So we closed at 1 and took the afternoon off.

Today
B banana and veggie breakfast bites (morning star)
L Dunno
D kale and potato soup
S Coffee at my Live Inspired class that stats tonight

lottie63
02-17-2009, 01:48 PM
So did anyone notice my other post? We were all at the office for over 4 hours before we realized we were suppose to be closed for the holiday! The boss was getting a new hire packet ready for the new gal and we were going over the benefits and going over the holidays we take off. As we read Presidents day, we both read it over again, looked at each other and cracked up! Here we are whining (jokingly) about having to work while most everyone we know is off work and school..........and we were suppose to be closed after all! Such boobs we are! So we closed at 1 and took the afternoon off.

Today
B banana and veggie breakfast bites (morning star)
L Dunno
D kale and potato soup
S Coffee at my Live Inspired class that stats tonight

lol

Redflame
02-17-2009, 05:03 PM
Mug..on days like that I have found one thing always holds true....just HISS, that's what they expect, no one has to guess, just be authentic....most people will get over it.

lottie63
02-17-2009, 05:13 PM
oops, forgot!

b: 2 eggs, 2 slices bacon, 2 unbuttered pieces of double fiber toast
s: light chips, yogurt
l: chicken nuggets and eggroll
s: lean cusine
d: grilled cheese

bf has been working very late (like 230 am) so dinners have been dull and lonely. :(

mj5
02-17-2009, 08:08 PM
I feel SOOOO good! I am typing this now because I might now feel so good in the am! LOL!!! I decided to hop on the elliptical at the gym--my nemesis...I did 20 mins AND the 5 min cool down. I know I will feel that later! I have never, ever been able to go that long. I think 8 mins is my former record. I also did my upper body weights.

knobhdy--Welcome!

Redflame--Well....at least you got the afternoon off! LOL!!!

lottie--hope bf doesn't have to work late too much longer!

have a great night!!!!

nicolen
02-18-2009, 02:27 AM
Hey everyone!

I must have really sparked something with my email to the supermarket last night since they rang me at work to apologize! Yeah, it was annoying, but in the grand scheme of things it wasn't really that big of a deal - all I really wanted was credit for the items I didn't get. I'm not sure if it's excellent customer service or quite what really - the email apologizing and the guarantee that I'd get the credit was all that I wanted.

It was a good day today and I haven't given in to the chocolate monster. I really, really want chocolate though. I deliberately didn't take any cash into work this morning since I knew that if I did I'd raid the junk food machines at lunchtime. And since I'm home and really can't be bothered going out again, I won't be giving in to the monster tonight either!

Numina, 4 hours and not buying food! That's awesome! It's funny you should mention that the food looked awful - I stopped at the mall on the way home tonight to buy a birthday present and walked through the food court and nothing at all appealed enough for me to want to buy it. I ended up getting sushi from the nice sushi place at the other end of the mall instead.

Mug, yep, know all about those days. I have them on a regular basis. Hope things improved for you as the day went on!

MJ, you forgot to mention my least favourite part of the whole washing experience - the ironing! I only iron my work uniform and yeah, that's more than enough! Hope you had a good workout, and don't worry about the scales - they'll catch up!

Knobhdy, go you with the packing lunches! That's awesome stuff. Any chance you can fob the chocolate off onto the SigO?

Red, I saw that post and had a giggle! Gosh, you Americans get a lot of public holidays compared to us!

Lottie, those hours are no fun at all! Hope things improve soon, so you can actually, you know, see each other occasionally!

The menu today was

B - crumpets with low fat spread

S - yoghurt and blueberries

L - tomato and bacon soup and a bread roll (from the cafe at work and it wasn't half bad, given their food is usually not that crash hot)

S - muesli bar

D - sushi.

Enjoy your day, everyone!

Beverlyjoy
02-18-2009, 09:01 AM
Hi Friends...I've been sick with a horrible flu. Also...back spasms. Food is only so - so. Am trying again, of course.

It hurts to sit at the computer - so this is a quick hello to all my friends.

Have a GREAT day.

Hopefully, as I feel better, I'll get to the computer more.

mj5
02-18-2009, 09:52 AM
Good Morning!!! Other than being sore in some weird places (like my butt!), my time on the elliptical last night wasn't as disasterous as I thought it might be. LOL!!! My knee is sore, but, no more so than usual.

nicolen--Awesome job not giving in to the chocolate monster!!! LOL! I didn't mention ironing because I don't do it, if I can help it!! Even then, I only iron the parts that show...like if I am tucking in a shirt, I don't iron the part that will be tucked in--why bother?? It drives my mother CRAZY...of course, I tell her if it bothers her so much, she can iron for me! LOL!!!

Beverlyjoy--I hope you feel better soon! I am very glad you checked in, though. I was really getting worried about you.

Schmoodle--How are you?

Plan for today is some cardio at the gym. I am going to "treat" myself to some new workout pants this weekend, I hope....if I can find some I like.

Schmoodle
02-18-2009, 11:18 AM
Happy Humpday! I think, maybe, possibly, I may be starting to feel human again. Not too much going on around here today. DD's last basketball game was Sunday, so no practice tonight. I do have to attend a meeting at the middle school, apparently they are shaking things up over there next year, and since my youngest will be starting 6th grade, I guess I need to know what's going on. DS will be in 7th grade, and now that he's used to things the way they are, I guess he'll have to readjust as well. Other than that, just trying to get back in the right work frame of mind. I posted a bunch of DD1's stuff on eBay for her and her auctions end tomorrow, so I need to make sure she's got everything packaged up and ready for me to take to the PO. Oh, and avoiding looking at the stacks of Girl Scout cookies all over the kitchen table. I think I'll carry them to the basement just to get them out of my head for a while.
It's snowing here. Pretty.
Batten your hatches, Eastern chicks!

I really need my plan today. Here it is:
NO COOKIES!!!
Also,
B: salmon toast, coffee with milk
S: cheese stick, apple
L: bean and ham soup, curry veggies
S: latte, bean brownie
D: white chili (BeverlyJoy's recipe)
S: faux blizzard

nicolen, I am waiting until we get online grocery service out here. I do order stuff from amazon, but it'd be so nice to do it all online!
cfmama, I know you will be under 300 soon. You don't need luck, you are a machine.
Feel better soon Rhonda!
mj, focus on that other number, the nine days on plan, which is awesome! You know how stupid the scale is. I know you know this, sometimes it helps to hear it again anyway.
Lottie, glad you are better too. And congrats on mini-goal
Hi there red! I am laughing at your half non-work day. sillies!
Mug, hooray for scale freedom!!! Friday will be here before you know it.
Numina, your seafood enchilada sounds de-lish! I have spent quite a bit of time hanging out in the snack bar waiting for the kids to finish laser tag too! Too bad we can't keep each other company.
Hello Trazey!
Hi knobhdy, don't think we've "met" yet. Welcome, Chocolate is my nemesis.:devil:
Rest up and feel better soon, Beverly! :hug:

I was wondering about Lyn, so I wandered over to her blog to check in on her. She seems to be hanging in there pretty well in spite of all the stuff she deals with on a daily basis. Hopefully she will stop in and say "hi" sometime soon!

knobhdy
02-18-2009, 12:01 PM
:wave:
Hi all.
I am totally sharing the chocolate, but I am rationing it too. The SogO needs to pig out on chocolate even less than I do.. and he is not yet ready to affect changes in his life.. :shrug: I will keep doing what I can.. and hope that he comes around to the decision in his own, before he contracts an incurable weight related illnesses... :(

Today there is only a bento for me...

Breakfast:
light yogurt
Lowfat granola bar

Lunch:
Salad with mixed veggies and tofu w/ dressing.
Broccoli/cauliflower and aspargus.
Babybel cheese
One oz apple slices
gummy vitaminis and mini eggs for dessert.

Snack: LF granola bar (if I get hungry)

I love that I can fit all that in my bento bag.. even if I am using a fit and fresh for the bento box. I am so glad I swapped the Mr. Bento for the Ms. The Mr. is just way to big for me. heck its even a bit large for the SigO. :)

Redflame
02-18-2009, 12:48 PM
Just a quickie, had the first class last night of an 8 week series called Live Inspired, wanted to share something that I learned there.

We have probably all heard that a portion of protien is the size of a deck of cards or the palm of your had....right? But this class had a little more than that.

Portions are all in your hand....protien the sizeof your palm. Starch (carbs) size of your fist. Veggies and fruits size of your open hand. and Fats...a portion of fat is the size of the circle made when you touch the tip of your index finger to the tip of your thumb.

I found that interesting, and wanted to share

GirlyGirlSebas
02-18-2009, 03:22 PM
Hi Friends!

Just checking in. I'm still battling the flu and have been out of work for two days now. The good news is that I've lost my craving for sugar...or anything else! I guess it took getting the flu to get back on-plan.

Beverly sorry to hear that you've been sick, also. Hope you heal quickly. Schmoodle, so glad to hear that you're feeling better.

lottie63
02-18-2009, 04:09 PM
hey everyone. I feel betta with the cough a bit but for soem reason I am DEAD tired. I'm skipping school today I think. I'm just so worn out. I would've left early yesterday had i not had a client.

blah.

b: 2 eggs, 2 slices bacon, 1 whole wheat english muffin
l: 2 pita pizzas
s: banana
s: cherry flavored prunes
d: burger on arnolds sandwhich thin

Schmoodle
02-18-2009, 04:51 PM
lottie, if you've got what I've got, it's been a week and I've still got no energy. My brother said his lasted two weeks. It's annoying.

mj5
02-18-2009, 08:05 PM
OMG, I just heard the funniest thing.......my mil wants my recipe for salad. Seriously. Tossed salad. What makes this funny is my mil can cook anything from scratch w/ out using a recipe. Ok, I admit, I put lots of sprouts and use field greens--stuff like that in my salad, but again....it's SALAD. I totally have to contain myself before we call her and tell her (again) what's in it. (I am always asked to bring salad to family functions because I make it so good....at first I was insulted, thinking that everyone thought I couldn't cook, but honestly, it's the first thing to be eaten by everyone!!! Even before all the fried stuff!!!)

Beverlyjoy
02-19-2009, 07:43 AM
Thanks, chicks...for 'missing' me.

I am feeling a little better. I have two program today and one tomorrow. The school is going to help me bring my things in. It's hard to ask for help - but, I must.

Yesterday I had a sane food day...I am so grateful.

Today:

breakfast - eggs with ketchup, pnb toast, applesauce
lunch - peanut butter and honey sandwich, banana
snack - apple
dinner - Wendy's salad
snack - cereal, raisins, milk

I need to leave - I am sorry I don't have time to write. I'll try and catch up when I get home later.

MugCanDoIt
02-19-2009, 10:38 AM
Breakfast
apple and 20 almonds

snack
reduced fat wheat thins

Lunch
red bean & rice soup from Kroger

Snack
no clue

Supper
roasted green beans (Rockin Robins Recipe)
one boiled potato(cause of carbs)
1 cup cottage cheese

Snack
no clue

Todays supper has to be better, last night was gross. I had lentil soup from Kroger and roasted brussel sprouts which were not fresh and turned out yucky. Even though the dumb scale hates me, Im not quitting! It will not break me.

Numina
02-19-2009, 12:42 PM
Nicole: Great strategy for beating the Chocolate Monster! If you cant get it in your hands, it can't end up on your thighs! Good work!
Schmoodle: OMG! girl scout cookies are living in your house? I don't think I have built up enough resistance yet to handle that. Glad you are feeling better, though.
Knobhdy: More talk about chocolate --- gosh, but that sounds good! You seem to have a great plan for handling it --- good work!
RedFlame: Your class sounds pretty interesting. Thanks for the information on portion sizes --- now we have no excuse for "measuring" (or at least eyeballing) portions when we are eating out, etc.
Rhonda: Hey, lady, get better soon! It's cool that you are looking for a silver lining to the cloud formerly known as flu, but we need you healthy!
Lottie: Yeah this stupid flu thing seems to hang on and hang on and hang on. Keep resting and get better soon!
MJ5: Good for you on the elliptical! (But I do have to say that if you have your butt on the little foot pedal places, you are doing it all wrong! Although it must make for a heck of a workout! :lol:) And you must make a mean salad!
Bev: Glad you are feeling a little better. You are doing what has to be done, so just hang in there. Come and kvetch to us later if you need to, k?
Mug: Sorry about your dinner last night! It's bad enough to be semi-limited food and food selection --- then to have part of it turn out to be nasty just sucks. Your mission for the day is to find something OP and GREAT for dinner tonight.

I didn't post yesterday, but was OP with food and water. I did my hour on the treadmill, but I was dragging my behind the whole time. I don't really know what the problem is --- just didn't seem to have any energy. Today:

B: grapefruit, oatmeal, V8
S: yogurt with almonds
L: subway sweet onion chicken teriyaki 6" (eating with hubby near his work)
S: popcorn? apple? nothing?
D: some kind of stir fry, I think, although nothing is definite :)

I am also going up and down with the same 2 pounds for the last few days. I am being super-vigilant about what I am eating, especially portion sizes since that is something new to me. (That information you posted was very nicely timed, RedFLame). I hope those of you still sick can rest and recuperate and that everyone have some fun today: listen to some up music or blow some bubbles or watch a TV show you like, anything that gives you a lift.

SnowboundChick
02-19-2009, 01:40 PM
I forgot to post my dinners for this week.

Tonight we are having

Sole with basmati rice and peas.

Friday night I'm making

Chicken pot pie w/ salad

Saturday night I'm making

Chicken roast (no skin for me)
Sweet potatoes
Broccoli

Sunday night I'm making
Pork chops
Rice (Salad for me)
Carrots

Redflame
02-19-2009, 02:01 PM
Last night I made turkey burgers and I added chopped mushrooms, onions, roasted red peppers and mashed white beans. Added some egg and they still would not hold together! Once I turned them they would crack open.

But we ate them anyway, had them on open faced buns with turkey bacon and a little cheese, the flavor was fantastic!

Today;
B coffee
L dunno
D dunno

Wow, I suck at planning today! Recipe for disaster

mj5
02-19-2009, 04:26 PM
Hi everyone! I found out at the last minute that I had to go to a meeting out of town today. It was soooooo boring! I was happy to see that there was water and lots of yummy fruit in addition to the usual cookies, donuts, etc. I think the person who organized it and I were the only ones who at the fruit! LOL! I thanked her for making sure there was something healthy there. She really appreciated that. I told her I always do the same thing for meetings I organize, too.

Unfortunately, I didn't get much done today at work, but tomorrow is another day!

lottie63
02-19-2009, 04:56 PM
mj that is awesome :)

I am bucking up and going to school today. *sigh* My cough is sort of changing, now it's violent, less painful but more 'gaggy' augh.

b: grilled cheese
s: sf ff pudding with ultra skim milk
l: veal pattie on arnolds sandwhich thins
s: lean pocket
d: dunno yet.

I need to go grocerys hopping, we are all out of everything 'good' and have allthe quick stuff left. augh.

nicolen
02-20-2009, 03:23 AM
Hi guys!

Apparently my post didn't post last night - how bizarre! I definitely wrote a post, but it's not here. Oh well - some things are not for me to understand!

It's absolutely bucketing down here at the moment. We're being hit by the remnants of Tropical Cyclone something. While we're too far south to be seriously affected by cyclones, the rain and wind can cause a bit of damage. It's supposed to be like this all weekend, so I don't see me going too far. I've got the TV on and they're showing a rugby game in Wellington and it's horrible there as well...

Anyway, I made it to the gym and had a workout with soon to be old trainer. She's really working me hard at the moment and we're hoping to check my measurements next week, which wlll be our last session together. It's going to be interesting to see how much they've changed - I know they've changed because my work uniform, which is fitted, is actually fitting me better now. I'm also eyeing up a pair of size 20 jeans in my drawers and thinking I may just try them on tomorrow and see how they fit on me.

Beverly, I was thinking that I hadn't seen you post and how unlike you that was. I hope you're feeling much better - sending lots of get well vibes your way!

MJ, go you with the elliptical. And how awesome that you got fruit at your meeting. I wish we would do something similar.

Schmoodle, I'm pleased you're feeling better!

Knobhdy tough place to be with the SigO, but you're right - he's got to be the one to make the decision.

Redflame, that's interesting about the portion sizes. Thank you for sharing that - I've just realised that my portion sizes are creeping up a bit, so it's quite timely for me!

Rhonda, sending lots of get well vibes your way!

Lottie, another one that I'm sending get well vibes to!

Numina, sounds like you're where I am. I'm pretty much maintaining at the moment and really I need to look closely at my portion sizes again - they are definitely creeping up.

Donna, that sole sounds fantastic!

Mug, I read your other thread, and looking at your menu, are you sure you're getting enough calories. That doesn't sound like much food to me...

Right todays menu was:

B - toast with cheese and vegemite

S - yoghurt

S - muesli bar

L - ham and salad roll

S - blueberries

D - schnitzell, kumera fries, mixed vegies.

Have fun everyone!

MugCanDoIt
02-20-2009, 11:09 AM
ok, last nights supper was reconsidered, so I had this:

a huge plate of scrambled three eggs & one egg white, with green peppers, onions, and mushrooms.

3 pieces low carb bread with laughing cow cheese on it

3 yogurts

So I think I got up to my calorie limit last night, give or take about 100 calories.

So for today it is:

Breakfast
egg and cheese muffin
1 yogurt

Snack
10 almonds

Lunch
bowl of red bean & rice soup
yogurt

Snack
10 almonds

Supper
dont know but will be thinking today what to pick up from the store.

mj5
02-20-2009, 11:35 AM
Hi everyone! I am finished w/ what I HAVE to accomplish today, now it's on to cleaning/packing my office. We are supposed to move soon, so no more putting it off!

I have been really frustrated w/ the scale, so I have been really thinking about what I have been doing different. I honestly think I have been eating too much for breakfast and then snacking too much throughout the morning. I bring a variety of healthy snacks from home b/c I never know what I will be in the mood for and that stops me from going to the store, BUT I think I have just been eating too many of them. So, starting today I only brought what I would eat today. I also have some different flavors of sugar free gum. Luckily the vending machine is not a temptation and it is way to cool to bother going to the store, so I should be fine today! LOL!!! I am hoping that this will help me bust through this plateau I have seemed to hit.

Hope everyone is having a great OP day!!!

I am going to the gym right after work. Plan for today is legs/back and cardio.

Beverlyjoy
02-20-2009, 05:17 PM
Oh dear....DH came home today and his job was terminated. I am not all that totally surprised - with the economy the way it is.He worked in the same industry for 32 years. Now we need to figure it out. DH and I are team - for 31 years - so we'll take it a day at a time and try to figure out our best next thing to do.

I decided that food won't make it better.

I'll be back later.

mj5
02-20-2009, 08:50 PM
Beverlyjoy--I am so sorry! You are right on all accounts. You and dh are a team and you will figure it out AND food won't make it any better.

I had to cut my workout short tonight. I did the cardio portion and my knee was seriously hurting. Not the "usual" 'oh, my knee hurts', but sharp shooting pains every time I took a step. It was time to leave and go home at that point! LOL!!! Since resting and the ice pack didn't cut it, I am afraid I may have to resort to pain meds. I am going to give it a little longer. STUPID knee! Still no word on the surgery approval. Even more stupid workers comp!

I am going to change ice packs and rest for a while.

Numina
02-20-2009, 10:14 PM
Donna: Your dinners sound very yummy and looks like you are mixing things up to make them nutritious as well. I may have to copy some of your meal plans!
RedFlame: You sound like you are short on time lately --- that canít be a lot of fun. Thanks again for the portion tips from your class. I am really going to try to use them.
Lottie: I hope you havenít missed too much school with this flu/death-by-coughing thing. Good for you for sticking to the plan even when your lungs are lying on the floor! And get better!
Nicole: Dropping down a size in clothing would be fun! I bet you will be in those 20ís before you know it! Enjoy your last few visits with your old trainer and try to stay dry!
Mug: How do you feel energy-wise and stuff on what you are eating now? I know when I am too low on calories or on protein I turn into a complete idiot (yes, yes, hard to tell from normal :crazy:) so that might be a guide for if you are in the ballpark each day.
Bev: Ah, crap --- there is way too much of this layout stuff going around. I am so sorry you and your husband have been hit by it. But I bet the 2 of you make a terrific team and you will find a way through it. Sending you lots of hugs and luck and all my best thoughts for you both.
MJ5: Wow! Good job on analyzing what is going on with your eating and constructing a plan to change a possible problem. Sorry about your knee --- rest that poor thing and I hope you are feeling significantly better tomorrow.

Just another dull day here --- got my walkies in, am still pushing water since I am low and the food is about where it should be. I went back through the last few days on Daily Plate and I have been way high on sodium lately. I am hoping that is at least partly to blame for the stalling --- we shall see if lowering my intake helps at all.

B: oatmeal, yogurt, 1/2 banana
S: nothing
L: small slice of turkey, WW toast, laughing cow
S: 1/2 grapefruit
D: salad with fake crab, maybe another piece of toast, SF jello (maybe 2!)

nicolen
02-21-2009, 02:06 AM
Hi everybody!

I'm feeling a bit blah today - tired and headachey. I'm not sure why - I got enough sleep last night, and everything's going well.

It's finally stopped raining. I didn't make it to the gym today because of the rain, so I'll go along tomorrow morning. I went for a half an hour walk/jog earlier, so at least I've done some exercise today.

And the size 20 jeans kind of fit! They're a little bit too tight to be comfortable, and there's no way I'm going out of the house wearing them just yet, but give me another few pounds or inches - I'm not picky!

Mug, that looks a much better menu! Good stuff!

MJ, I've been doing the gum thing for a couple of weeks now. I'm finding it's great for the sweet cravings especially.

Beverly, I'm so sorry to hear about DH's job? How's the job market in your area - is he going to be able to find another one fairly quickly? :hug:

Numina, good luck with the sodium!

The menu was:

B - toast with vegemite

S - yoghurt

L - steak and vege sandwich (leftovers from last night)

S - apple

D - vegie soup.

S - maybe popcorn? That's if I stay up much longer

Enjoy your day, everyone!

lottie63
02-21-2009, 12:25 PM
heya nicolen hope you aren't catchign what I had *crosses fingers*

numina, I feel ya with the sodium!

I feel tons better today!

b: weight control oatmeal, 2 slices bacon
l: grilled chicken pannini with roasted yellow peppers, mozzarella cheese and pesto! (SO GOOD!)
s: dunno yet
s: dunno yet
d: black bean and rice and cheese burrito

mj5
02-21-2009, 07:53 PM
Hi everyone! I'll get caught up tomorrow. Didn't want you to think I disappeared!!! Dh and I had a great day...didn't do anything terribly exciting, it was just nice to spend a day together.

nicolen
02-22-2009, 01:59 AM
Hi ladies,

Gosh, we're a quiet lot today, aren't we? But sometimes it's good to have a quiet day!

I certainly had a quiet day. Made it to the gym, did some cardio and came home and did some housework. And have done very little for the rest of the day except relax. I really like my lazy Sunday afternoons - I figure I earn them since I hardly stop during the rest of the week. Oh well - back to work tomorrow.

Lottie, I'm feeling much better today, thank you! I think it may well have been a reaction to the humidity yesterday - it was quite oppressive! Yay for you finally feeling better!

MJ, I'm pleased you had a great day with DH!

The menu today was:

B - toast with vegemite

S - yoghurt

L - chicken salad

S - blueberries

D - lamb, kumera, broccoli, cauliflower, pumpkin.

Have fun!

lottie63
02-22-2009, 02:04 PM
I lost 4 lbs this week! I"m going to increase my cals becuase I'm steady losing 3-4 lbs a week at 14 AND 1500 so I'm upping it to 1600 (especially now that I'm exercising every day).

I dunno what my menu is. so far I've had weight control oatmeal with a banana. I'm saving cals cuz I'm going out to dinner this afternoon with a friend. :) Will stay OP!

mj5
02-22-2009, 02:26 PM
Hi everyone! The funny thing is, dh and I didn't do a lot yesterday, it was just nice to have a whole day to ourselves to spend together.

Numina--I think I have been high in the sodium dept too...thanks for the reminder! Thanks...that's progress for me, looking at what might be going wrong, instead of throwing in the towel and giving up!!!

nicolen--That's fantastic news about the jeans!!!! You will be wearing them out of the house in no time! Glad to hear the gum thing has been working for you. I figured it would be worth a try! I LOVE lazy Sunday afternoons!!! That's what I am doing today!!!

lottie--Fantastic!!!! Great job! Of course, even better that you are feeling better!

I'm not doing much of anything today. Hanging out w/ the dogs...dh has to work until late. My knee, well, I wish I had better news. I am *hoping* a rest day will be helpful, but I don't know...this is "different" pain....I am going to eat something and then take the "big" pain meds and grab another ice pack. Hope I can find a good movie. I would read, but unfortunately the pain meds make it hard to focus...that's one reason why I don't like taking them unless I really have to.

Hope everyone has a great OP day. I need to remember to at least get my water in today!

mj5
02-22-2009, 07:22 PM
Hi again! I have my healthy lunch packed, my gym bag packed and my mp3 charged....I am all set for tomorrow. Oh and I scheduled a mani-pedi for Saturday. I SO can't wait!