Weight Loss Support - Donuts anyone?....

View Full Version : Donuts anyone?....

run4change
02-14-2009, 06:40 PM
I am having a very tuff time right now. I am feeling seriously tempted and am longing for a large amount of donuts. I don't want just one, but like a whole bunch of them. I have hit goal and kept it off for over a year and I am still freakin getting all caught up in this crazy battle today with the evil donut. Anyone else have donut issues?

corazonas
02-14-2009, 06:48 PM
not a donut issue... serious need to eat all that is chocolate though!

hang in there... :hug:

jellydisney
02-14-2009, 06:49 PM
Are there donuts nearby? Or are you craving them out of the blue?

run4change
02-14-2009, 06:52 PM
NO donuts near by. I did take my wife to get one last night but did not have any. If there were donuts here right now I would have to stomp on them in order to refrain. HAHAHAHa

EZMONEY
02-14-2009, 06:52 PM
Get out and do my 5K then go have a donut kid!

run4change
02-14-2009, 06:54 PM
HAHAHA, your 5k. Not feeling like running today.

EZMONEY
02-14-2009, 07:08 PM
HAHAHA, your 5k. Not feeling like running today.

not feeling like running....OR....scared the girls will kick your butt ;)

run4change
02-14-2009, 07:10 PM
No, I was thinking you wanted me to run YOUR 5k because you didn't want to run, then I would have an excuse to eat the donuts. I actually have to run 15 miles tonight and that is the only thing keeping me back from going crazy on the donuts because I don't want to run on a full stomach. HAHAH

EZMONEY
02-14-2009, 07:14 PM
All right kid...I will give you a break. I did my 5K today....well...Angie and I walked it...hip problem for her today but the 3.1 was covered and then some.

Are you anywhere near Squim?

midwife
02-14-2009, 07:19 PM
I know what you mean.

Sometimes I truly miss shoving junk food in my mouth. I miss the taste, the mouth feel, the inhibitions, the feeling of over fullness. But I don't miss being obese and lethargic. The way we're made, we cannot have both. It's a choice.

You are fit enough that you can get by with a donut or two. I exercise enough that I can have some food indescretions and not gain. But that eating way way way too many for a single person, well, I've had to say good-bye to that behavior. I miss it sometimes, but I don't miss the way my body was then. I much prefer my new body! It's okay to miss it sometimes though.

run4change
02-14-2009, 07:19 PM
Not sure where Squim is? What is it.

EZMONEY
02-14-2009, 07:21 PM
Not sure where Squim is? What is it.

A city northwest of Seattle

run4change
02-14-2009, 07:23 PM
midwife- Thank you so much for that support. I really identified with it and appreciate it greatly. I think I am going to make it through, but it was pretty tuff going there for a bit. Usually the temptation doesn't last to long, it is just making it through to the other side of those 30-60 mintues or so.

I also would not trade what I have now for not being able to tie my shoes, or breating hard just getting out of bed, or even not wanting to let my wife see my fat 'ol stomach naked. Never again.

Thanks midwife

run4change
02-14-2009, 07:25 PM
I live right across the river from portland oregon. Seattle is about 3 hours north of me. My sisters used to live there. Now one lives where I do and the other lives north in snohomish

jahjah1223
02-14-2009, 07:30 PM
i would love a donut right now... mmm glazed and covered in chocolate

EZMONEY
02-14-2009, 07:31 PM
I see....I built a house a few years ago just above the Oregon border in the desert area of Washington....Kennewick....have several friends in Bend.

Get going kid! You have 15 miles to do....

are you doing the Rock and Roll Marathon here in San Diego?....my daughter is...

wife and I would love to root you along the route too and take you to dinner!

nelie
02-14-2009, 07:32 PM
Do you have a Whole Foods or natural food store near you? Nutrilicious donut homes are pretty good and not that bad for you. They even have sugar free ones.

http://www.nutrilicious.com/our_donuts.htm

EZMONEY
02-14-2009, 07:33 PM
i would love a donut right now... mmm glazed and covered in chocolate

YOU DESERVE ONE!!!

Knocking off 20 minutes on the 5K....awesome girl...awesome!!

run4change
02-14-2009, 07:33 PM
hahahahaha thank you

run4change
02-14-2009, 07:49 PM
No rock n roll for now. I am getting ready for a 40 miler in Tennessee on May 2. I have been sticking to marathons near by lately.

sws19
02-14-2009, 08:49 PM
oh man. had boston cream and jelly earlier today. stupid roommate came back with a box of 6. for the two of us. fortunately i only ate half of each donut.

beautybooty
02-15-2009, 04:06 AM
i am wanting a late night mcdonald's run.
mmm cheeseburgers.

flatiron
02-15-2009, 09:04 AM
I am having a very tuff time right now. I am feeling seriously tempted and am longing for a large amount of donuts.

Anyone else have donut issues?

One of my best friends who is battling a weight problem also has a daughter who got a job at 7-11. Every day they throw out the old donuts, cakes, muffns and brownies and EVERY day my friend's daughter brings them home because they are still good! Like boxes and BOXES of donuts!

My friend is going crazy with all that temptation all over the house.

Just be glad you don't have his problem! LOL!

Anyway I know that doesn't help you!

Maybe it is not so much the donuts but a sugar craving? Maybe having a lot of sweet fruit around (grapes, oranges, tangerines etc.) would help?

Extra strong glass of rasberry Crystal Lite or 10 calories No Sugar popcicles help me when I have sugar cravings.

jahjah1223
02-18-2009, 11:25 AM
YOU DESERVE ONE!!!

Knocking off 20 minutes on the 5K....awesome girl...awesome!!

Thank you!! :o i wouldn't have done it if i didn't have those 5K runs you arrange!