100 lb. Club - Tis time to start the LEAN MEAN GREEN MACHINE St. PATRICK'S DAY weight loss challenge

irishsarah
02-14-2009, 05:43 PM
:kissluck: Tis time to live the life of Riley and loose some nasty pounds! Sign ups for the Lean Mean Green Machine - St. Patrick's Day Challenge are here! :kissluck:

:luck2you: Are you feeling lucky? Think you are up for the challenge? Then declare what you will lose and sign up! The challenge will begin on SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 15th and run until TUESDAY, MARCH 17th :luck2you:

:drinkup: Personally, I am feeling lucky. I am going to aim high and my goal will be 15 pounds!!!!!:drinkup:

Normally, I wouldn't be so ambitious, but I am going to be starting at the recreation center next week and I think I can do it.

Who's with me?! :irish:

aware210
02-14-2009, 05:54 PM
I want to be 139 by then!

Tracy
02-14-2009, 06:01 PM
I'm in!! I am hoping for a 10lb loss.

iminhere
02-14-2009, 06:16 PM
20 lbs for me!!!

CeCeLee
02-14-2009, 06:53 PM
I hope to be 238lbs! So that's 10lbs....

applevalleygirl
02-14-2009, 07:16 PM
I'm in for 10 lbs too!!:carrot:

LookingForMeAgain
02-14-2009, 07:36 PM
10 pounds for me!
I need a kick in the pants so a challenge is perfect!
Current 297 would like to be 287 by then!

Numina
02-14-2009, 08:35 PM
Ten pounds in 4 weeks sounds possible --- I am definitely IN!

(And thanks for running this, Irish. By the way, I am curious: my son's name is Connor (obviously Irish) and I was wondering if your other sons have Irish names as well (Patrick obviously qualifies!)

http://www.clipartandcrafts.com/clipart/holidays/stpatrick/thumbs/celtic-knot1-th.gif

RN BSN 2009
02-14-2009, 08:43 PM
oooh.. Sign me up for 16 lbs!!!!!! I subscribed to the thread!

anmitche
02-14-2009, 08:54 PM
Count me in!! 12 lbs here, so I will be firmly in onederland!!!

Randi
02-14-2009, 10:04 PM
Me too please - I would like to lose 10 pounds.... something has got to work - maybe participating in a second challenge will help - because my weight-loss has slowed down to a crawl.......

Daimere
02-14-2009, 10:37 PM
I am in. I am going towards 7 pounds gone. So about 236.

lalique
02-15-2009, 01:57 AM
I'm in!

I'll aim for 15 pounds by then. (high goal, but I'm gonna work my butt off!) :cupgold:

Good luck everyone!! :luck2you:

heather88
02-15-2009, 03:13 AM
I'm with your on the 15lbs.

SW: 273.6
GW: 258.6

WOW the 250's! That will be my first time being there in 4 years!

cfmama
02-15-2009, 04:37 AM
I'll aim for 12 lbs. Putting me at 288.

djay
02-15-2009, 07:21 AM
Count me in! I'm going to shoot for an 8 lb. loss...Putting me at 160.

DJ

Keldug
02-15-2009, 08:13 AM
Top 'O the mornin to ya's!
I want to lose 12 lbs by St Patricks,that would finish my first goal! :)

debnboyz
02-15-2009, 09:09 AM
OOO, this is perfect for me! I also signed up for the WOW spring challenge, so this will be more added support and most of all accountability.

I'm going to say 8lbs. by March 17. I've been tossing 10lbs around for years.....I'd like to get them GONE!!!!

irishsarah
02-15-2009, 09:19 AM
Ten pounds in 4 weeks sounds possible --- I am definitely IN!

(And thanks for running this, Irish. By the way, I am curious: my son's name is Connor (obviously Irish) and I was wondering if your other sons have Irish names as well (Patrick obviously qualifies!)

http://www.clipartandcrafts.com/clipart/holidays/stpatrick/thumbs/celtic-knot1-th.gif

My boys are Patrick, Liam, Ian and Aidan :D

irishsarah
02-15-2009, 09:25 AM
:luck2you: HURRAY! What a determined group!!!!! :carrot:

My Challenge goal of 15 pounds would put me at my first mini-goal of 245. :D That would be so fantastic and bitter sweet. When I gave birth to my youngest 7 months ago I was down to 245 at my 4 week checkup. (which was less then the weight I was when I got pregnant with him)

So getting back there will be awesome, but I will also be kicking myself in the butt for gaining 25 pounds AFTER he was born.

crazycurls
02-15-2009, 11:55 AM
I am going to join this challenge! My goal is to lose 12 pounds! Not sure how much I weigh today. I am not weighing in until tomorrow. I am sure I have gained weight since Friday because this weekend was my birthday and I have ate LOTS of food! I am going to eat well today and drink lots of water. We'll see what happens tomorrow with the scale!

Good Luck to Everyone!

ChefsGirl
02-15-2009, 01:49 PM
Hey everyone! Make sure you check our V-day thread. I updated the group total.

I’m in for 10 lbs!

Lillibeth
02-15-2009, 05:32 PM
I'd like to join in too. I would like to loose 16lbs by then which would put me at 230lbs.

I'm also in a weight loss challenge at work which is running over the same time period - and whoever wins gets nearly $250! I really really want to win...fingers crossed I can keep it together for the next four weeks!

Farseashore
02-15-2009, 08:43 PM
I would like to lose 5 lbs by St. Patrick's day!

WVUFan86
02-16-2009, 09:05 AM
Count me in too :) I need a motivator

SW:179
GW:169! Love to be in those 160's

wchs2007
02-16-2009, 09:06 AM
Count me in for 10 lbs..

LesliesMom
02-16-2009, 09:46 AM
I'm in - 4 weeks - I'd like to lose 10 pounds to put me at 239. My birthday goal (04/05) is to be 235, so that will leave me almost 3 more weeks to lose the last 4 pounds of that goal.

Angie

pick7499
02-16-2009, 10:00 AM
:carrot: I'm in for 10lbs!!!!

evillynn33
02-16-2009, 10:14 AM
I'm in for 10lbs!!!

foxxy511
02-16-2009, 10:22 AM
I've decided I need as many challenges as I can get! The more the better! I started Sunday with a weight of 179. I know my weight loss is going to slow down eventually now that I'm a little under 35lbs away from my goal, but I'm going to aim for a loss of 10lbs! Go big or go home, right?!

I just got into the 170's and already I'm just itching to get into the 160's!

Good luck everyone!

Kae
02-16-2009, 11:20 AM
I'm feelin' lucky! I'm hoping my Irish side will bring me some extra challenge spirit.

I'll aim high... I'm in for a 15lb loss!

Merksie
02-16-2009, 11:21 AM
I'm in for 10 lbs . . . so my goal is 238.5.

ale2121
02-16-2009, 11:25 AM
I'm in! 15 pound loss, 218 pounds. Here I come!

Numina
02-16-2009, 12:40 PM
Wow, IrishSarah --- when you throw a party, LOTS of people show up! This is going to be a great challenge team!

ChefsGirl tallied up the total pounds that were lost over on the Valentine's Day challenge --- THANK YOU! --- and it was a marvelous 164.8 pounds. But you know what? I bet we can top that number! We have the determination, we have the plans in hand and we have the luck of the Irish....Sarah on our side. So pin a shamrock on your sports bra, make sure that's water in your bottle and not green beer and let's evict some fat!

An Irish joke from the days when the IRA was more active....

An aging man lived alone in Ireland. His only son was in Long Kesh Prison, and he didn't know anyone who would spade up his potato garden. The old man wrote to his son about it, and received this reply, "For HEAVENS SAKE, don't dig up that garden, that's where I buried the GUNS!!!!!"

At 4 A.M. the next morning, a dozen British soldiers showed up and dug up the entire garden, but didn't find any guns. Confused, the man wrote to his son telling him what happened and asking him what to do next.

His son's reply was: "Just plant your potatoes."

:patrick:

purplecrush
02-16-2009, 12:48 PM
Im so in!! Im going for 6 lbs. Im stuck and weight loss is slooooooow. Hopefully it will be more!

nicki rose98
02-16-2009, 12:52 PM
I didn't meet my vday challenge so I definitely plan on losing 10 lbs by then!!!!

Numina
02-16-2009, 12:53 PM
Is there some kinda group schedule for weighing in on these things, like every Sunday or do people just post weight losses as they want to? Either way would obviously work!

(Waves at PurpleCrush and NickiRose, but then is blinded by the light flashing off the new ring an PC's hand....)

ChefsGirl
02-16-2009, 12:57 PM
Love the ring Randee & your BF is totally cute.

Okay you guys, so I was telling DF about how we lost 164.8 pounds as a group on the last challenge and he just looked at me like I was nuts.......I was like "what"......he was like, "that's what I weigh". HA!

We lost my DF. If anyone finds him please return him to me :lol:

purplecrush
02-16-2009, 01:12 PM
Haha Numina!! And thanks ChefsGirl! I think hes a hottie !!! Hes actually doing Weight Watchers with me. It helps to be able to talk to your partner about weight loss and all of that.

ready4godsway
02-16-2009, 01:27 PM
Count me in for 10! Need a kick start on this so I should be able to do that!

Numina
02-16-2009, 02:09 PM
Hey, lookie --- KAE has green blood, too! Bring us some more of that luck of the Irish, Kae!

27 pounds already, Ale? WOW! I wanna do that, too! :) Congratulations!

:rofl: ChefsGirl --- do we have to return your BF in the original shrinkwrap? (Actually, that is kind of a cool way to visualize how much weight we demolished.) Thanks again for doing the math over on the VD thread.

Glad to have you in the challenge, Ready4GodsWay. Say! You don't look familiar --- are you new around these parts? If so, not only welcome to the challenge, but welcome to whole 100+ extravaganza! :welcome2:

TaTaTummy
02-16-2009, 02:24 PM
I know Im a day late but Im in!!!!

Im going to set a goal of 15 and hope for 20

I know it sounds nuts but.. we'll see :)

irishsarah
02-16-2009, 02:27 PM
We Irish do know how to party. :carrot: LOL!
I usually weigh in on Monday's meself, but I don't think we have to have a mandatory weigh in date for the challenge...do we? I am new at this. I think as long as we all report in once a week it will be fine. I don't want to mess up anyone's rhythm.

It would be easier to keep track if we reported in on the same day even if we don't weigh in on the same day...hmmmmm. Did that make sense? I think I just confused myself! My baby has been up half the night with a nasty cold and I am TIRED! I don't think my brain is running on all cylinders yet.

Perhaps after another cup of tea......

So I will leave it up to the masses:

Should we have a day we all weigh in TOGETHER?
or
Should we have a day we all report our weight loss (no matter what day we weigh in)
OR
Am I over thinking it all and I should leave well enough alone?

Whatever the majority decides by tomorrow morning, we will abide by. I guess.

I already had a NSV today. I bought Burger King for the family and had their salad w/ grilled chicken and low fat Italian dressing.

I didn't even really want the onion rings or burgers. :)

gin
02-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Me too Me too! I know I'm a bit late in on this one but yesterday was crazy and I wasn't on the computer all weekend. So I weighed in this am at 276, so I'll be in for 12 pounds, which would bring me down to 264.

Jen

Kae
02-16-2009, 03:45 PM
So I will leave it up to the masses:

Should we have a day we all weigh in TOGETHER?
or
Should we have a day we all report our weight loss (no matter what day we weigh in)
:)

I think it is just easier if people update from time to time when they can.. rather than on a particular day. Some people, like myself, don't have internet access every day of the week. Just a thought...

GlitterQueenRayne
02-16-2009, 05:59 PM
I'm in for 7. It's a mini goal right now I'm taking baby steps but it will make a difference!

RN BSN 2009
02-16-2009, 06:02 PM
I think I'm preferring to do it at the end? Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised?? lol

crazycurls
02-16-2009, 06:14 PM
I hit my Vday goal on Friday but my birthday was Saturday and I ATE all weekened. I didn't drink enough water either so hopefully I'll lose what I gained quickly! I gained two pounds over the weekend and I am now at 271.9. I am going to lose 12 pounds for this challenge, hopefully more!!!

Erin2tall
02-16-2009, 08:00 PM
I'll aim for 15, get me out of 300 forever! :)

SW 303.4
GW 288.4

Numina
02-16-2009, 08:06 PM
I think it is just easier if people update from time to time when they can.. rather than on a particular day. Some people, like myself, don't have internet access every day of the week. Just a thought...

Ok, that is a good logical reason to have people update when it's convenient for them. Thanks, Kae! Sounds good to me, too.

ChefsGirl
02-16-2009, 08:35 PM
Randee - It totally does help being able to talk to your partner about weight loss. My DF is a chef & is now talking about going back to school to study nutrition. He’s so helpful & awesome in regards to my WL, he cooks for me all the time.

Tomorrow is our 8-year anniversary & we spent the morning w/ my WW mags & cookbook putting together a special menu for tomorrow nite. He’s pretty awesome. Like this morning I didn’t feel like cooking so I just wrote down what I wanted for breakfast & he made it for us. He portions & weighs everything so I can be confident of the points value. And he grilled me chicken before he went to work tonite so I could make myself a chicken salad for dinner.

Numina – I’ll take him back however you want to return him. If you want to borrow him for a while, that’s cool I’ll share w/ my peeps.. But you can’t keep him. I sorta like him.

As far as the WI deal, I already report my weight on Saturdays & daily on the 5 lb challenge thread. I’ll keep my ticker updated for this challenge.

Wow Irish! That really is a NSV! No way could I do that. Good for you!

Hey Crazy – I got you beat. I gained 5.8 lbs in one day by taking Valentine’s Day as an off day. I’ve only lost .4 of it so far. Stupid. Hoping it’s mostly water (beer?) retention, but it can go away now thank you very much.

crazycurls
02-16-2009, 09:30 PM
Hey Chefsgirl! Hopefully our extra weight from Vday will just fall off!!! I've got cake left over from my b-day and it's killing me! It's calling my name and I keep telling it to shut up! :(

gumboot
02-16-2009, 10:05 PM
Well since I completely blew the Vanlentines Challenge and am regretting it terribly, put me down for 10lbs. That would take me to 237lbs. Sa-weet!

thistimejag
02-16-2009, 10:13 PM
Well I am going to work on 15 lbs........I am new to this so maybe I will have some beginner's luck and the luck of the IRISH!:luck2you::luck2you::luck2you:

Numina
02-17-2009, 12:07 AM
Welcome TaTaTummy! (Love the nickname!)

I don't think I have seen you posting on the board so :welcome: !

This challenge should be a great way to stay motivated for a month or so and we sure can use all the help we can get! So, grab a water bottle and get comfortable --- we are about to kick some NastyFat behind! I look forward to seeing more of your posts.

Numina
02-17-2009, 12:12 AM
Top o' the morning to you, Jen/Gin!

~peers out myopically through the computer screen~

You look new here, too! Trust IrishSarah to throw such a great challenge that people are coming from miles around to join. And the more, the merrier -- and the more weight we lose as a team. We are trying to beat the 164.8 pounds that disappeared during the Valentine's Day challenge. So welcome, welcome --- come on in and get ready to exterminate some pounds in the next month or so!

:wel3fc:

Numina
02-17-2009, 12:16 AM
Rayne? Gosh are you new around here, too? Man, can that IrishSarah throw a party or what!

I am a firm believer in baby steps and 7 pounds gone is 7 pounds closer to the healthiest you. I am glad you decided to kick it with us in this challenge --- I bet we bump into each other on some of the other threads,too.

Welcome to the challenge, GlitterQueenRayne --- and to the whole 100+ extravaganza as well!

:welcome3:

Numina
02-17-2009, 12:22 AM
Welcome to the Irish Madness, Rn BSN 2009! Since you are already a registered nut, you should have no trouble fitting right in here --- lots of crazies running loose on the moors. I don't think I could possibly go a whole month without stepping on that dratted scale, but it might be a really great way to approach the whole thing. So, an interesting name AND an interesting method.

(Oh and if you are a jogger/walker/runner? Be careful not to trip over the leprechauns!)

:goldpot:

Numina
02-17-2009, 12:36 AM
Erin2Tall? ERIN ?? As in Erin Go Bra..less? As in Erin, another name for the emerald isle??

Well, is this the perfect challenge for you or what? Glad to see you jumping into this little shindig and adding your evicted pounds to our grand team total. And you have lost 27 pounds since the beginning of January? WOW! You are going to be a GREAT team member! S0 the only question remaining is: are you a boy Erin or a girl Erin? (If you are a girl and 6'2", I am sooooooo jealous!)

Welcome to the challenge!

:drinkup:

Numina
02-17-2009, 12:50 AM
Glad to see you in the challenge, Gumboot! You have a demonstrated ability to force unwanted pounds to mosey on to some other hacienda ...wait ...St. Paddy's day challenge... to scamper those bad lads up the boreen into a whole nuther bog complete.

We can sure use that kind of persuasion here! :lucky:

Numina
02-17-2009, 12:56 AM
Welcome to the challenge and welcome to the 100+ board in general, ThisIsMeJag!

You picked a great place to kick off your weight loss adventure with this challenge. We have lots of people for lots of encouragement, commiseration and general silliness. I look forward to reading more about your journey here and on other threads on the board.

And yeah, we are ALL pretty much hoping that the luck of the Irish rubs off on all of us. Glad to have you on the team!

cfmama
02-17-2009, 01:18 AM
So my starting weight yesterday was 300.4. Just for my reference. I'll weigh in every sunday like the biggest loser challenge.

iminhere
02-17-2009, 02:44 AM
Glad to see you in the challenge, Gumboot! You have a demonstrated ability to force unwanted pounds to mosey on to some other hacienda ...wait ...St. Paddy's day challenge... to scamper those bad lads up the boreen into a whole nuther bog complete.

We can sure use that kind of persuasion here! :lucky:

I'm sorry...I don't speak French....

Dolores Claibourne
02-17-2009, 06:07 AM
Put me down for 7lbs. Here's hoping. (Am 176 at the minute)

Fine ghirl ye are!

WVUFan86
02-17-2009, 08:12 AM
:carrot: Woot down 1 lb as of today. Now at 178

purplecrush
02-17-2009, 08:55 AM
Welcome everyone to the challenge! Its nice to see so many people here, doing the same thing!!

As for the W.I's, my normal day is Sundays, but im pretty flexable since im on the scale daily anyways :)

Numina
02-17-2009, 08:58 AM
:lol: ImInHere

duinmiownthing
02-17-2009, 11:28 AM
I am in for 10!!

irishsarah
02-17-2009, 11:48 AM
:woo: What a PARTY!

Numina, you are the BEST hostess; you are just on top of everything. Thank goodness 'cause I have caught a nasty cold and I am just so out of it! :dizzy:

I have been nibbling WAY too much today. I needed to come here and refocus. I am blaming the cold medicine for making my head fuzzy and making me unfocused. ;) I also have a pulled muscle in my back, so I have had to lay off the exercising I was doing at home for awhile. At least until I get to the recreation center and I can do some different types of exercises, like water aerobics.

Only....I am scared of bathing suits! :fr: I am just going to order one on line and hope the best. I am NOT ready for trying on bathing suits yet...no way!

Shell1919
02-17-2009, 12:02 PM
Im very new, joined today and if its ok i would love to try for this...

ill DO 10 lbs.

((HUGS))
btw this is an awesome place.

ChefsGirl
02-17-2009, 12:53 PM
Finally letting go of some of this V-day weight. Annoying stupid little pounds!!

I swear grilled chicken salad always does the trick, that & stir fry. If I have that for dinner, the next day’s WI is usually good. Wonder why? It’s not all in my head!!

DF brought me home roses last night for our anniversary. He gets big, low-fat, brownie points for that!

Well, it’s time to wake the snoring monster next to me (DF) & get out of the house! We’re going down to the gourmet grocery store that I’ve never been to. Should be fun.

Lots of new faces!! Welcome, welcome :welcome:!

zerocool
02-17-2009, 12:54 PM
:cupgold:Count me in!
I'll try for 15 as well. :luck2you:
:patrick:Today is the 17th my last weigh in was 244.
On March 17th my goal will be 229. :goldpot:
:drinkup:I'll celebrate with a Guinness :drinkup:
:irish:

GlitterQueenRayne
02-17-2009, 01:33 PM
I actually did some cardio today!!! I did he Core Rhythms DVD short workout!!! I couldn't finish the thing though but I got in at least 9 minutes of it. I'm gonna go for another 10 later then another later tonight. I need this lol!
I also had 2 servings of fruit and veggies yesterday. I think i could be on a roll.
Come next monday we shall see how it does.

foxxy511
02-17-2009, 02:42 PM
LOL this thread is cracking me up!

Note to everyone: Even thought DWLZ and Popeye's website says their jambalaya is 5 points (220 cals), it's not true! Or at least they're dishing out more than one serving. I had some yesterday and I was up 2lbs today! WHOA. I realize this is probably from the salt and whatnot and I'm not all that worried about it, but oh man....I was on such a losing streak too! Oh well!

Irishsarah...I hope you're feeling better soon!!

And Chefsgirl, that's so funny about the grilled chicken salad...the same thing happens to me if I eat one of those 100 cal popcorn bags...lol...although that may just be in my head.

iminhere
02-17-2009, 03:18 PM
warmed up chocolate almond breeze is my magic pill....probably because it fills me up and satisfies my sweet tooth. but whatever the reason....it works!! plus I get a nice dose of Vit E.

Star2Be
02-17-2009, 03:47 PM
You know, I normally am very averse to setting time-oriented goals, but I think I could use the extra little bit of accountability this time... Especially since I'm getting closer and closer to goal, and the poundage seems to come off soooo slowly nowadays, hehe. So, how 'bout I just set a semi-official goal of being in the 160s by St. Patrick's Day? I haven't weighed myself since last Friday (2/13), but 169 lbs would only be 8 lbs down from my last weigh-in--seems doable enough! :D

Good luck to everyone!! :cheer2:

Kae
02-17-2009, 04:27 PM
It is great to see so many people committing to the St. Patty's Challenge!

debnboyz
02-17-2009, 04:52 PM
Hi!:wave::cp::spin:

It will be challenge for me to keep any amount of weight off. It's like every other day I gain 5lbs, then lose 5lbs.

I've stayed within calories so far this week (only day 2, but still on track).

I have to up the water...it's hard at work because I can't just take a break to use the rest room.

Exercise....gotta do it! I plan on doing some toning later tonight.

Glad to be apart of this group...:)
Deb

purplecrush
02-17-2009, 05:05 PM
Hows everyone doing today? Im doing alright. Havent had a chance to work out, but went to meet bf at lunch and we had Subway. Yum!

Im so excited! My bf and I are planning a trip to Seattle in April. I want to be atleast 15lbs thinner by then. Hopefully my WL will speed up by then, since its like a slug right now. I havent been to Seattle since I was a kid. I am SOOOO going to the first Starbucks :)

Hope ya'll have an amazing day!!

ChefsGirl
02-17-2009, 05:24 PM
Foxxy – I had popcorn last nite too! Maybe it’s the mix? Popcorn & chicken salad every nite for the rest of the week! Just kidding.

I tried the kettle corn last nite that is WW 1 pt/serving on the box……the whole bag is actually 3 points. I was amazed at how yummy it was. Although about halfway through the enormous bowl it made, it started to taste a little artificially sweetened.

Randee – you have got to take pictures of the 1st Starbucks for me. How exciting!

purplecrush
02-17-2009, 08:07 PM
MMM I love the kettle korn. I cant eat a whole bag though..well atleast not of the "diet related" Now I CAN eat a whole thing of REAL Kettle Korn lol

You better believe that I will take pics of the Original Starbucks !!

We might go to the coast instead...I havent decided..He wants to go to Seattle and I want to go to the coast, so we shall see :)

iminhere
02-17-2009, 08:43 PM
:woo: What a PARTY!

Numina, you are the BEST hostess; you are just on top of everything. Thank goodness 'cause I have caught a nasty cold and I am just so out of it! :dizzy:

I have been nibbling WAY too much today. I needed to come here and refocus. I am blaming the cold medicine for making my head fuzzy and making me unfocused. ;) I also have a pulled muscle in my back, so I have had to lay off the exercising I was doing at home for awhile. At least until I get to the recreation center and I can do some different types of exercises, like water aerobics.

Only....I am scared of bathing suits! :fr: I am just going to order one on line and hope the best. I am NOT ready for trying on bathing suits yet...no way!

where I used to live I had the pool to myself in the mornings and I was able to get in a good workout with my water weights. but here...in my new place/city I have to use a community pool and I am too mortified to go there.

heather88
02-17-2009, 09:15 PM
I hear ya on the pool. I used to love swimming laps and I'm contemplating joining our olympic center with an indoor pool for lap swimming and water aerobics. I don't even have a swim suit anymore!

2lbs down, so far!

CW: 271.6

irishsarah
02-17-2009, 09:41 PM
I am so glad I popped in here before bed. You are all so incredible! :hug: What a determined group here! :carrot:

I wish I could say I had a good day, but I went OP. :( I was just on auto pilot today and didn't think before I stuck stuff in my mouth.

I will just chalk it up to a learning experience and tomorrow WILL be a better day. :D

foxxy511
02-17-2009, 11:21 PM
Foxxy I had popcorn last nite too! Maybe its the mix? Popcorn & chicken salad every nite for the rest of the week! Just kidding.

Hahaha...that would make for an interesting meal plan.

Purple -- Have fun in Seattle! Sounds like it'll be a blast!

I'm going to Boston next week and I'm a little worried about staying on plan. I'm gonna really have to stay focused and not go crazy just because I'm not in my normal routine. And, to make matters worse, the people that I'm going with are relatively new friends who have no idea about my weight struggles. Whoo..it's gonna be tough.

Newlywed
02-17-2009, 11:49 PM
I am SOOOO going to the first Starbucks :)

The original sign is not hanging anymore though just so you know, they took it down sometime last year.... But yes the store is still there.

crazycurls
02-18-2009, 12:09 AM
Purple...Have fun in Seattle and show us some pics of the Starbucks!!!

YAY for all the people that have joined this challenge!

I was only down .1 pound! Hopefully I'll be able to lose some more of my Valetine's Day weight! :(

TaTaTummy
02-18-2009, 12:16 AM
wooo what a day... I am proud of myself...I am one dedicated mofo!! I still haven't worked out and at this point Im not sure its such a good idea so late... Im afraid I'll get a second wind and stay up all night!!

Well I have major motivation for shedding some pounds. My friend and I planned a trip to LA March 12-16 so I'll be back in time for final weigh in.

so....here we go kids....

the last challenge I did I made myself a daily playlist of songs that reflected how i was feeling. Course I turned it into a weekly song for the long challenges but it was a great motivator for me so... I will share with all your audiophiles out there my daily songs :) keep in mind I am VERY eclectic with my music and its ALL mood depending.. so you may or may not like one or all and that's. as Stuart Smalley says.... ok

High Five ladies.....and that one guy :) lol we can do this!!

Song of the Day: Things can only get better by Howard Jones

go ahead and shake it ladies...you know you want to :)

Ive loved this song since I was a kid but listening to it this week and Knowing I CAN and WILL do this.... gives this 80's classic a whole new place in the jukebox of my heart :)

Have a fabu day tomorrow everyone!!

Dumplin
02-18-2009, 12:39 AM
You know, I normally am very averse to setting time-oriented goals, but I think I could use the extra little bit of accountability this time... Especially since I'm getting closer and closer to goal, and the poundage seems to come off soooo slowly nowadays, hehe. So, how 'bout I just set a semi-official goal of being in the 160s by St. Patrick's Day? I haven't weighed myself since last Friday (2/13), but 169 lbs would only be 8 lbs down from my last weigh-in--seems doable enough! :D

Good luck to everyone!! :cheer2:

I just looked at your pictures and they are AMAZING! You look beautiful!:dancer:

I want to join this challenge with you guys! I need all the help I can get! I hope to lose 10 lbs! :dust:

Numina
02-18-2009, 08:07 AM
Oh CFMama (or are we just calling you HOT Mama now? ;) ) you look so darn cute in that leprechaun outfit! Sure and you will be bringing the luck of Riley to us all (and a very good demonstration of how hard work and unswerving persistence brings about great results.)

Glad to have you on the challenge team!

:lucky:

Numina
02-18-2009, 08:15 AM
Ah sure and begorrah, its herself Delores!

Welcome to LEAN GREEN AND MEAN, where we compete with one another to see who will win the chance to spray paint Richard Simmons kelly green --- no wait, that's a different challenge, a really really different challenge. Here, we are teaming up to see how many pounds we can evict before St. Paddy's Day and we delight in having new team members to keep us on our toes.

So welcome to the challenge. I haven't seen you elsewhere, so if you are new to the 100+ board in general, then WELCOME TO THE WHOLE 3fc BURRITO....er.... CORNED BEEF!

Numina
02-18-2009, 08:19 AM
:carrot: Woot down 1 lb as of today. Now at 178

178! That is a number I can only dream of at this point. You folks in OnederLand point the way for the rest of us.

Good job, team member WVUFan! You are leading the charge against fat, pushing our numbers up, up UP while our weight goes down down DOWN!

Numina
02-18-2009, 08:25 AM
Welcome to the Lean Mean Green Challenge, DuinMiOwnThing! (It took me about three minutes to figure out what the heck your name meant! :rofl: I LOVE it!)

Here's your official "Kiss me, I'm Irish --- and contagious!" pin, your green leotard for hiding in the grass to ambush unsuspecting pounds of fat and a water bottle that REALLY does not have any green beer in it. REALLY! This is definitely one of those situations where the more, the merrier, so it's really cool to have you sign up. Welcome!

If you are new to 3fc as well, welcome to a great place to lose weight! I hope to see you on some of the other threads!

:welcome2:

Numina
02-18-2009, 08:31 AM
Hey look everyone! Shell is going to join us, too!

Welcome to the craziness that is this Green Colleen Getting Lean Challenge! We have lots (and lots and lots) of people here to keep things hopping and happening and we are committed to losing more weight than a bushel and a peck of Irish potatoes. We need all the help we can kidnap..er.... attract for that challenge, so it is great to have new folks like you jumping in with both feet.

Don't miss the other threads on this 100+ board, because there are so many wise and committed people here, sharing ideas and support and well-placed kicks in the patoot. Glad to have you on the team!

:welcome:

Numina
02-18-2009, 08:38 AM
Hey Zero! You are joining, too? Cool!

You sure are making great progress. At the rate you are going, you are going to be in OnederLand before long. I think we need to put you in charge of the Irish beer for this challenge --- I am thinking maybe you have lifted a Guinness or two before now, hmmm? :)

So, whenever we lift our water bottles to toast another victory over our dreaded nemesis, we will watch you to see how it is properly done. (That IS water in that water bottle, Zero, right? :lol:)

Glad you are in!

Numina
02-18-2009, 08:41 AM
Hey GlitterQueenRayne!

Great job on starting the cardio! You are making some very good opening moves on this weight loss adventure and I think you are going to see some really good results, too! Keep us posted on how thing are going -- and don't hesitate to ask questions, either in an existing thread or by starting a new thread. There are a LOT of very informed people on this board and we are all fighting this fight together.

Keep up the good work!

Numina
02-18-2009, 08:49 AM
Meridith! Jump on in -- the green beer is fine (oh, we are only swimming in it, of course.) It is very cool to have some residents of OnederLand here to remind us of how it all works --- work being the operative word. So, put on your Irish clogs, keep your eye on Michael Flatley there at the front of stage and smile as you do those steps!

(Waddya mean, you didn't know you had to perform in Riverdance as part of the challenge? It was all there in the fine print: either Riverdance or appear in the leprechaun costume or become Head of the Irish Beer Coalitiion --- but Zero already grabbed that last one. :D)

Numina
02-18-2009, 08:58 AM
Hi!:wave::cp::spin:

It will be challenge for me to keep any amount of weight off. It's like every other day I gain 5lbs, then lose 5lbs.

I've stayed within calories so far this week (only day 2, but still on track).

I have to up the water...it's hard at work because I can't just take a break to use the rest room.

Exercise....gotta do it! I plan on doing some toning later tonight.

Glad to be apart of this group...:)
Deb

Boy, does some of this sound familiar! I am going back and forth with the same 3 pounds at the moment. I kick them out the door and they climb back in the window. I drown them in the pool and they show up washed clean back at my house. But we WILL persevere! We WILL lose these dratted pounds permanently!

So hang in there, Deb --- stick to your plan and the weight loss will follow. (If worse comes to worst, we will call up IrishSarah and CrazyCurls and PurpleCrush to come over and have a little chat with those boomerang pounds.....:club: )

Glad you are part of the group, too!

Numina
02-18-2009, 09:04 AM
WOW! Heather lost 2 pounds already! I think she is taking the LEAN part of the challenge name to heart!

Great job, Heather! Here are some irish step dancers to celebrate!

:broc: :broc: :broc:

(Hey! At least, they are green!)

Numina
02-18-2009, 09:12 AM
Hey, TataTummy (I STILL crack up when I read that name!)

Thanks for the great tune to get us up off our seats! :dancer:

Sounds like you are really getting into the groove here --- GOOD FOR YOU! Those nasty little Pounds O'Fat should be getting really nervous over in your neck of the bog.

Have a great day!

Numina
02-18-2009, 09:23 AM
Welcome to the We're Mean Green Colleens getting Lean Challenge, Dumpling! (with apologies to our Beer Czar Zero, who while not a lean colleen himself, has been known to examine them at length during Guinness tasting ceremonies.....)

Glad you decided to join us in our epic battle to search out and destroy nasty Pounds O'Fat wherever they may hide. Here is a shillelagh so you might be pounding on those little vermin should you be finding any, and a shamrock to wear in your glorious hair to mark you as a member of our fine collection. Thank you ever so for the will power dust --- we need all the help we can get!

:goldpot:

Kae
02-18-2009, 09:53 AM
TaTa Tummy... I like the daily song idea. I guess I listen to music pretty much constantly. I have a daily sound track without even realizing it. Today at the office I am listening to Nature's Harmony- Sounds of Water... very soothing. :)

As for progress, I worked out again last night. (2 days in a row- woot, woot!) I did a Taebo Kids workout video with my 8 year old sister. It was a lot of fun.

Star2Be
02-18-2009, 10:41 AM
Thank you sooo much, Dumplin! Wow, what a compliment! :D

Hello ladies! How are you all doing today? I am feeling pretty good, though it's starting to eat away at me that I haven't weighed myself in so long, hehe (not since last Friday!). BUT I have been ridiculously on-plan since Saturday, so I am desperately hoping to see a nice loss this week... The only "bad" thing I have done this week is last night, I ate a Fiber One chewy bar around 11 pm when I truly wasn't hungry and didn't need it--I just felt like eating. :o But of course it could have been way, way worse, so I'm not beating myself up about it. I guess a little extra fiber never hurt anyone, haha. Now I'm deadset on sticking to the meals I've planned for today! No extra snacking! :club:

nicki rose98
02-18-2009, 11:07 AM
Down .5 from yesterday....may not be much but at least it's something.

WAIT A MINUTE!!! I thought I was at 204 yesterday...but I was at 206 so I'm down to 203.5...much more than just .5!!!

See what happens when you get off for a day or too and get back on track...it shows!!!

RN BSN 2009
02-18-2009, 11:51 AM
Count me in as having a 2 lb loss!

irishsarah
02-18-2009, 05:00 PM
WOW! You are all just FLYING through this challenge like it is nothing! WTG! Maybe green is our colour? Maybe its a luck thing? Or maybe we are just UNSTOPABLE!!!! :carrot:

I am trying to weigh in only once a week. If the flippin' IRS would get its arse in gear, this Irish Lass could get her as...um, ARSE, a new scale and have a more accurate weigh in. My scale can't make up its mind WHAT I weigh. That's fine, because at the end of this challenge, I know it will be a whole lot less and that's what counts!

As a matter of fact, I sat down and revised my minigoals. Once I kick the colds arse, it is GAME ON!!!!! :lifter:

lindalou0510
02-18-2009, 05:04 PM
I'm in too! I just found this thread. I'm going to say 5lbs by St Patricks Day!

purplecrush
02-18-2009, 06:05 PM
I just snuck on the scale and im down 2 lbs! :carrot: Cant wait till Sunday on my actual weigh in ....lol..knowing my luck, the 2lbs wont stay!

Just dropping in to say HI :wave: Hope everyone has a amazing day!!

gin
02-18-2009, 07:23 PM
Ugg... This a.m. I was up 2 pounds. :( Oh well, I know it is just a little bump and it WILL go away. I think it could be salt, because I've been having some salty snacks lately.

Jen

ChefsGirl
02-18-2009, 11:20 PM
So funny TaTa (your John Cusack quote). We were just watching High Fidelity. I love him too :love:

Just checking in…….not much to report. Busy at work so I might be a little MIA until the weekend.

Thank god it’s a short week.

:welcome: to all the new faces! Wow there is a lot of you guys! I’m so glad & looking forward to getting to know you all!

Kae
02-19-2009, 09:50 AM
Way to go everyone!

So this morning I maintained... but, hey, I didn't gain! :) I know it will all balance out in the end so I am not worried about it.

Last night I worked out with my little sister again... it's nice getting her involved and active. She is 8 and in no way unhealthy but I would still like to be a good example for getting regular exercise and eating well.

nicki rose98
02-19-2009, 11:15 AM
:cp::cp::cp: Down another pound!!!!

purplecrush
02-19-2009, 11:16 AM
Sooooo im less than a lb of hitting my 50 weight loss goal. Im so excited. I was actually thinking of changing my WI days to Friday. Im always so busy on the weekends, I dont usually end up weighing myself till Mon or Tuesday..im going to talk to my bf and see what he wants to do.

Im also 3 lbs away from getting out of the 230's!!! 220's here I come!!!!

Have a great day!

irishsarah
02-19-2009, 11:21 AM
:carrot: You are all kicking arse! :carrot:

Gin, don't feel bad. My scale said I was up 2 pounds too. This isn't my weigh in date so I am hoping to get the scale to move in the right direction by then. Hang in there. I'll make those 2 pounds disappear if you do it with me. :hug:

Numina
02-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Go Go GO Nickie Rose!!

You are on a flying start for this challenge!

:cb: :cb: :cb:

Numina
02-19-2009, 12:14 PM
Two pounds already, RN BSN 2009? :eek: Man, you guys are rocking! What on Earth did Zero put into those water bottles, anyway?

Lassie, you are putting the fear of the focused female into Clan O'Fattie, sure and beggorah! Keep up the excellent work!

Numina
02-19-2009, 12:25 PM
Hey! Look everyone! Linda Lou just jumped onto our Mean Lean Green Clean Unseen Spleen weight loss Machine! One more team member to hunt down the dreaded O'Fatties wherever they lurk and annihilate them!

Welcome to the challenge, Linda! As you can see, we are a very shy and retiring group ----NOT! Feel free to do a little hootin' and hollerin' yourself --- calling out the pounds you have destroyed or cheering for a team member that has collected a few O'Fattie scalps --- or belting out a Broadway tune --- or posting your own version of a war cry --- it's all good here! :D

Glad to add you to the crazy mix!

Numina
02-19-2009, 12:31 PM
PurpleCrush --- you are on the verge of some very cool stuff!

50 pounds of stubborn Clan O'Fattie tossed to the winds of good habits and unswerving determination!

Entering a whole new decade of better health --- the 220's!

Go Purple Go!

:woohoo:

Numina
02-19-2009, 12:36 PM
Hey, there IrishSarah!

Good to see you feeling better. (Isn't there a lot of flu and stuff going around?) Can I join your "why-the-smell-can't-I-lose-these-2-pounds" club? I have been up and down with them all week. I think maybe its time to put down the shillelagh, nice tradition Irish weapon that it is, and reach for something a little more aggressive, like a bazooka!

:devil:

lindalou0510
02-19-2009, 01:00 PM
Hey! Look everyone! Linda Lou just jumped onto our Mean Lean Green Clean Unseen Spleen weight loss Machine! One more team member to hunt down the dreaded O'Fatties wherever they lurk and annihilate them!

Welcome to the challenge, Linda! As you can see, we are a very shy and retiring group ----NOT! Feel free to do a little hootin' and hollerin' yourself --- calling out the pounds you have destroyed or cheering for a team member that has collected a few O'Fattie scalps --- or belting out a Broadway tune --- or posting your own version of a war cry --- it's all good here! :D

Glad to add you to the crazy mix!

Thank you for the very warm welcome! I'm happy to be onboard and ready to destroy that fat!

I love this place! It's the best! :luck2you:

purplecrush
02-19-2009, 01:31 PM
I swear Numina- I swear you are the BEST cheerleader in the whole world!!!! :hug:

ChefsGirl
02-19-2009, 02:55 PM
Randee – 50 lbs?!! You are my idol. Good work! That’s really exciting! What are you going to do to celebrate?

I’m halfway to my St. Patty’s Day goal! This week has been a great one for weight loss. I think next week is going to be challenging (TOM due) so I will need you guys to help me stay motivated & not eat everything I see!

cfmama
02-19-2009, 03:05 PM
Oh CFMama (or are we just calling you HOT Mama now? ;) ) you look so darn cute in that leprechaun outfit! Sure and you will be bringing the luck of Riley to us all (and a very good demonstration of how hard work and unswerving persistence brings about great results.)

:lucky:

You can just go ahead and call me hotmama ;) lol!!!!!

cfmama
02-19-2009, 03:07 PM
Well I'm down 3.2 lbs from sunday... suddenly I broke 300 and it's all good from there. I'm thinking 288 by Patty's day will be totally doable!

Everyone's doing so awesome!

Numina
02-19-2009, 03:24 PM
Linda!

I didn't read your ticker earlier --- you just slipped quietly into TwoderLand without telling anyone, didn't you? I think anytime anyone changes the digits at the beginning of their weight, whether through a big loss or a little one, it's worth a shout out! So congratulations!

(By the way, how are you at Irish Step Dancing? We have a very odd lack of people willing to get on stage with Michael Flatley. Maye you would rather sing a few verses of Danny Boy? No? How odd.....)

Numina
02-19-2009, 03:31 PM
Ah, thanks, Randee. All in all, I think we make a pretty darn good team on this thread. If I were part of the Clan O'Fattie, I'd be scared of us!

:kissluck:

(That's clearly an emoticon of us kissing the blarney stone, don't ya think? :) )

Numina
02-19-2009, 03:35 PM
Clear the decks!

HotMama is kicking O'Fattie behind and not slowing down long enough to take names --- over three pounds since SUNDAY and still going strong! Yeah, I think 288 is totally doable! Skip that whole "luck of the Irish" gig and let's just call you a Celtic Tiger!

lindalou0510
02-19-2009, 04:02 PM
Linda!

I didn't read your ticker earlier --- you just slipped quietly into TwoderLand without telling anyone, didn't you? I think anytime anyone changes the digits at the beginning of their weight, whether through a big loss or a little one, it's worth a shout out! So congratulations!

(By the way, how are you at Irish Step Dancing? We have a very odd lack of people willing to get on stage with Michael Flatley. Maye you would rather sing a few verses of Danny Boy? No? How odd.....)

:carrot:

You caught me!

I didn't make a huge deal out of it, because I started at 302. I guess I should celebrate every little victory! Thanks for noticing!

I am not a very good dancer, but I can sing! I have been in a few karaoke contests. My avatar is from the Entertainer Challenge in 2007. Thousands of people audition through 3 rounds at local bars all over Chicagoland. I was so very lucky to be in the top 40. I placed 29th! Not exactly a stellar finish, but to be #29 among thousands was quite an honor!

Too bad I'm too old for American Idol! I might give those youngsters a run for their money! :dizzy:

iminhere
02-19-2009, 04:07 PM
2 lbs for me

ChefsGirl
02-19-2009, 04:08 PM
CF you broke 300!!! That is so exciting. I can’t wait for that day. I’ve already decided that it will be the day I invite my DF to look at the scale w/ me & come clean on how big I really was.

That’s a HUGE milesone. Congrats again.

cfmama
02-19-2009, 04:17 PM
CF you broke 300!!! That is so exciting. I can’t wait for that day. I’ve already decided that it will be the day I invite my DF to look at the scale w/ me & come clean on how big I really was.

That’s a HUGE milesone. Congrats again.

Your day WILL come and I will jump and scream and yell with you :) It`s a GREAT feeling to be 200+ lbs. It just MENTALLY feels so good. I can`t WAIT till you are there too!!!! :hug:

Kae
02-19-2009, 04:24 PM
:carrot:

You caught me!

I didn't make a huge deal out of it, because I started at 302. I guess I should celebrate every little victory! Thanks for noticing!

You should definately celebrate every victory! You are on your way now... congrats!

heather88
02-19-2009, 10:54 PM
CW: 270.0

3.6lbs down!

I reached a mini-goal and a mile-stone today.
10lb mini goal and I am now proudly obese, rather than extremely obese!!

TaTaTummy
02-20-2009, 01:17 AM
fanTABulous losses everyone!!

I was swamped yesterday and didnt have a chance to check in so i got in bed then jumped out saying.and i quote "shnikeys!! gotta check in with the ladies"

so here I am.... it has been a GREAT week for me and I am beaming with pride!! WI is tomorrow for me and I KNOW I will have a loss! I can feel it in my evident yet smaller gut!! :)

YESTERDAYS SONG OF THE DAY: Let Go by Frou Frou

TODAYS SONG OF THE DAY: Dont Stop Me Now by Queen

the heat is on my little ladies..and that one guy :) and I am feeling like a lot of you are looking..... OUTSTANDING

KEEP ON TRUCKIN!!!!!!

TaTaTummy
02-20-2009, 01:21 AM
CHEFSGIRL: I have adored Senor Cusack for as long as I can remember and I am confident that our souls with be joined any day now........ alright not so much but HEY hands off my dreams, reality!!!

TOM is in the mail for me as well but I have stocked up on healthy choices and refuse to give in to all the food porn that catches my eye every now and then. I love myself too much to do anything but move forward!!!

We'll get through it together sistah!!!

RN BSN 2009
02-20-2009, 09:42 AM
congrats cfmama!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kae
02-20-2009, 10:17 AM
This week has been frustrating for losses.. I was moving at a snail's pace but then this morning I gained 1.4 lbs... what?! I have been doing the water, healthy food, and daily exercise so I am just going to continue on and hope all this effort catches up with me next week!

Congrats everyone on all the progress! Very inspiring!

Numina
02-20-2009, 10:38 AM
Suddenly, from the shadows at the back of the hall, a warrior leapt forward, drew her ginormous sword and proudly declaimed:

"I, ImInHere, proud memeber of the LeanMeanGreenMachine, am here to tell you all to take heart, for this battle is far from over! I myself have this sevenday past killed 2 of the verminous Clan O'Fattie and lived to tell the tale. When all of us unite in common cause, what pack of ponderous pounds could ever prevail against us?"

The hall was silent a moment and then erupted as war cries sprang from every warrior there.....

Numina
02-20-2009, 10:52 AM
...Swords flashed in the firelight as hearts and minds renewed their pledges to let nothing stop the fight for good health and slinky clothes.

Ignoring the tumult, a second figure sauntered forward to stand with ImInHere, eyes glinting with humor above a dangerous, rakish grin. Heather, this second warrior waited until all eyes were on her, then drew herself up, shoulders back and fists on her hips.

"Indeed, how could any pound from Clan O'Fattie ever escape our united wrath? This one didn't" --- and she tossed the shriveled, compressed corpse of fat pound on the floor --- "and neither did this one" --- another body --- "or this one." She held a partial fat pound corpse up and examined it. "This one PARTLY got away, but I will finish the job very, very soon. See? 3.6 nasty little member of CLan O'Fattie gone forever."

And the crowd went wild......

Numina
02-20-2009, 10:56 AM
Ack, Kae!

I hear you! I am really hoping I maintain for the week, since I have been UP and DOWN since Sunday. I am also hoping that folks like CFMama are right and if we stay OP, then we are going to lose a bunch of weight kind of all at once.

Logically, if we are eating right, drinking our water and moving our little bottoms, we WILL eventually lose --- physics says so. But when I look at those stupid numbers on the scale, I just don't feel all that logical.

I'll hang in if you do! :D

Amber1011
02-20-2009, 10:58 AM
I'm gonna jump in now!
I'm going for 11 lbs
I was 241 on the 15th so I'll start from there lol
I'm at 238.8 now, so I'm 2.2 lbs down!

Amber1011
02-20-2009, 10:59 AM
...Swords flashed in the firelight as hearts and minds renewed their pledges to let nothing stop the fight for good health and slinky clothes.

Ignoring the tumult, a second figure sauntered forward to stand with ImInHere, eyes glinting with humor above a dangerous, rakish grin. Heather, this second warrior waited until all eyes were on her, then drew herself up, shoulders back and fists on her hips.

"Indeed, how could any pound from Clan O'Fattie ever escape our united wrath? This one didn't" --- and she tossed the shriveled, compressed corpse of fat pound on the floor --- "and neither did this one" --- another body --- "or this one." She held a partial fat pound corpse up and examined it. "This one PARTLY got away, but I will finish the job very, very soon. See? 3.6 nasty little member of CLan O'Fattie gone forever."

And the crowd went wild......

Amazing, just amazing lol

nicki rose98
02-20-2009, 11:02 AM
I am having a fabulous morning. I weighed in at 200 which is super excited cuz I'm getting closer and closer to ONEderland. I squeezed in weights this am cuz I knew I wouldn't be able to do it later with the parade. I'm excited about the parade and having adult night with no kid and hanging with my BF. Just a wonderful day.

Down another 2 pounds!!!!

Kae
02-20-2009, 11:19 AM
I am having a fabulous morning. I weighed in at 200 which is super excited cuz I'm getting closer and closer to ONEderland. I squeezed in weights this am cuz I knew I wouldn't be able to do it later with the parade. I'm excited about the parade and having adult night with no kid and hanging with my BF. Just a wonderful day.

Down another 2 pounds!!!!

You're almost to Onderland... Congrats!

Have a fun grown up night!

irishsarah
02-20-2009, 12:50 PM
ROFLMAO at Numina!

There is somthing in the air that so many of us are having a hard time. I think it the "I am tired of being freaking cold, winter is never going to end" blues.

However, Uncle Sam has FINALLY come through for us! I can go grocery shopping! No more pantry/freezer diving. No more grabbing something cheap from McDonalds or what not...REAL FOOD. :carrot: This also means I can join the rec centre and start MOVING again! My next stop from here, is the website to order me some tennis shoes!!!!!! :carrot:

Then a swimsuit...can you do that online with your eyes closed? ROFL!

For those that have had success so far this week...I salute you and tip a pint in your honour. For the rest of us; it can only get better!

TaTaTummy
02-20-2009, 12:54 PM
well I know its midday and its always best to weigh in the morning or night but...............292! Im down 5 lbs!!!!! I feel great and will celebrate my loss with going to see He's just not that into you with my best friend while munching on my own low cal popcorn and a bottle of Diet Sunkist (the only pop I drink and even then.. rare that I get it) that I will cleverly sneak into the theatre with my ENORMOUS purse used for such occasions

its gonna be a great weekend everybody!

2/13 : 297
2/20 : 292 (-5)
2/27 :
3/06 :
3/13 :
3/17 :
TOTAL LOSS: -5
GOAL: -15 lbs

Kae
02-20-2009, 01:46 PM
well I know its midday and its always best to weigh in the morning or night but...............292! Im down 5 lbs!!!!! I feel great and will celebrate my loss with going to see He's just not that into you with my best friend while munching on my own low cal popcorn and a bottle of Diet Sunkist (the only pop I drink and even then.. rare that I get it) that I will cleverly sneak into the theatre with my ENORMOUS purse used for such occasions

its gonna be a great weekend everybody!

2/13 : 297
2/20 : 292 (-5)
2/27 :
3/06 :
3/13 :
3/17 :
TOTAL LOSS: -5
GOAL: -15 lbs

Ya know I have snuck in candy but I have never thought of sneaking in popcorn. What an interesting idea...

TaTaTummy
02-20-2009, 02:10 PM
truthfully I never eat popcorn at the movies... drinks yes.. but its just never a big deal for me.. buy my friend is a FIEND... so I figure rather than set myself up to grab a couple handfuls from her.. I just pop some of my own and stick it in a paper bag :)

Star2Be
02-21-2009, 02:00 AM
Sooo, I weighed in today and have not lost a single ounce since my last weigh-in... Despite having absolutely perfect behavior this week. I don't understand it! But I'm PMSing, so perhaps there's some water weight involved? Dunno. :shrug: But I'm gonna keep on truckin', of course!

debnboyz
02-21-2009, 08:33 AM
Hi LEAN MEAN GREENERS!I did ok with food this week. I'm really trying to stay at my calories. I didn't do any exercise :mad::mad:. I know that is key to my life long journey!

I lost 4lbs. this week. I'm excited, but I have been gaining and losing 10lbs. for years. I'd be :carrot::carrot::carrot::dizzy::dizzy:once it doesn't go up after a week. Anyone else know what I mean?

Can someone PM and tell me how to change my ticker to reflect a loss? Do I have to make a new one every time?

THanks!

Let's keep going, we are one LEAN MEAN GREEN MACHINE!!!!!

Lillibeth
02-21-2009, 02:19 PM
Hi

I'm down 4lbs so far, another 12 to go.

debnboyz - to change the numbers in your ticker, go to the user CP and edit signature option, then look through the code which relates to your ticker, you will see the three numbers separated by /. (They probably won't be in the same order they appear on the screen) Delete the number you need to change and put the new number in the exact same place, then save the change. Congrats on the loss! How exciting to need to change your ticker!

nicki rose98
02-21-2009, 02:19 PM
I did very good yesterday. I even won a mental battle with myself. When I got on the parade route I did go off plan, as I had planned though. When I woke up this morning I got right back on plan. And even though I'm tired and just wanna lay in bed until it's time to get ready for work I'm about to do one of my DVDs.

So when I weighed in this morning the scale said 199.5. I almost died. But then I remembered that the day after going off plan I sometimes go down but then the next day I go back up. So I'm just keeping my fingers crossed and not changing anything until tomorrow. Sunday's are my usual weigh in day anyway.

WVUFan86
02-21-2009, 03:55 PM
Ugh I'm down a couple of lbs, but I am not stepping on that scale for a lil while. I got sick the other day, Thursday to be exact, and I'm feeling worse and worse each day. My throat feels like there is fire in it, I barely have a voice, and more and more symptoms. Needless to say most of my calories are being consumed in liquids. I will step on the scale again one I feel like moving that direction

S.A.S.H
02-21-2009, 05:34 PM
I seem to lose pretty slow, which was a shocker for me, especially at the beginning. So, I am aiming for an 8lb loss. That would put me at an even 20lbs total.

Goodluck!

nicki rose98
02-22-2009, 09:38 AM
Awww WVU!!! Feel better. I was sick a couple weeks ago and it sucked!!!

My thoughts were confirmed. I'm at 200.5 today. So no ONEderland yet but I'm right there though....I can taste it! I'm at least down for the week though so that makes me happy

Numina
02-22-2009, 10:45 AM
Well, official weigh in day for me --- and I am exactly where I was a week ago. I guess you call that maintaining, but personally, I call it very bloody frustrating!! :tantrum:

I am running late at the moment, but I hope to be back in later to congratulate all the team members that are kicking it --- and there are a bunch!

Way to go! You are what keeps this LEAN MEAN GREEN MACHINE in motion!

cfmama
02-22-2009, 12:47 PM
I lost 3.4 lbs this week!!!! Yayyyy!!!!! I'm 297 and 9 lbs away from my Patty's day goal of 288.

debnboyz
02-22-2009, 12:48 PM
I really should just put that scale away. It's like my weight fluctuations by 5lbs. throughout the day...ugggg.

My key is to keep it off!

I only had 1/2 can of diet soda all week. That's a huge accomplishment.

nikkipooh
02-22-2009, 01:06 PM
Im in for 20 puttin me 200 pounds :-)

susiemartin
02-22-2009, 01:48 PM
Put me down for 10lbs.
I just found this thread :)

Randi
02-22-2009, 03:34 PM
Down one pound.......

crazycurls
02-22-2009, 03:35 PM
Congrats to everyone on their weight losses!!!

I am back down..finally...to my weight the day before Valentine's day.

269.2!!! I want to lose at least 9.4 before St. Patty's Day!! That'd put me in the next decade! WOO HOO!

anmitche
02-22-2009, 04:40 PM
I also have been struck by a nasty illness. I feel like I have swallowed a pine cone, and have little to no voice left.

However, between last week's WI and this week's, I have lost a combined total of 4 lbs!!! Yay! I didn't think I'd lose this week because I haven't worked out, but I guess it's more diet for me....

ChefsGirl
02-22-2009, 05:25 PM
CHEFSGIRL: I have adored Senor Cusack for as long as I can remember and I am confident that our souls with be joined any day now........ alright not so much but HEY hands off my dreams, reality!!!

TOM is in the mail for me as well but I have stocked up on healthy choices and refuse to give in to all the food porn that catches my eye every now and then. I love myself too much to do anything but move forward!!!

We'll get through it together sistah!!!

Ha! Food porn. So funny.

I managed to get through all my cravings only to awaken to a 2 lb GAIN this morning. So pissed.

TaTa – great idea ‘bout sneaking in your own popcorn to the theater. I might just have to try that. I want to go see that movie too!

Numina
02-22-2009, 06:03 PM
Welcome to the crazy house, Amber! You certainly have come to the right place.

Did everyone notice that when herself here signed up for the challenge, she ALSO indicated that she had dropped 2.2 pounds already? Is that an incredible team player or what! Glad to have you as one of our Fighting Irish, --- you seem to have a wonderful right hook that knocks O'Fatties right out of the ring!

Numina
02-22-2009, 06:13 PM
NickiRose --- Lady, you are right on the edge and leaning hard --- right into OnederLand!

With typical Irish charm, you have led another 2 pounds of clan O'Fattie to be lost forevermore in the misty of Eire. You are doing GREAT in this challenge! And I can't wait to attend the humongous ceilidh to celebrate your venture into the new real estate of OnderLand. HOORAY FOR YOU!

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Numina
02-22-2009, 06:18 PM
Hey there, IrishSarah!

Good to hear your lovely Celtic lilt raised in victorious song for our fellow challenge team mates. Congrats on the money --- and what cool ways you have to spend it: on-program food, good shoes to support any exercise, and entry to a place where exercise rules. Wonderful choices!

I think you are in for a very good week, Sarah me girl ---- and that IS just green water in that glass, right? ;)

Numina
02-22-2009, 06:28 PM
Okay, all you LEAN MEAN GREEN MACHINE members: let's give it up for one of our own that has really kicked it hard for this weigh-in. TataTummy has assassinated 5, count them, 5 dastardly members of Clan O'Fattie!

WAY TO GO, TATA! YOU RULE!

http://www.purplemoon.com/Stickers/thumbnails/celtic-heart_jpg.jpg

foxxy511
02-22-2009, 06:34 PM
Arg. I believe I am up several pounds. I haven't stepped on my scale yet (I'm saving it for tomorrow morning), but I've been eating like it's going out of style all weekend.

My grandpa passed away on Wednesday(my Fighting Irish grandpa...he went to Notre Dame :) ), so needless to say, I've been off-plan since then. But, I'm slowly coming to terms with his passing and today I went to the gym (after shoving cookies in my mouth all morning) and now I feel like I'm back on track. It's amazing what an hour on the elliptical can do. I'm still a little sad, but I no longer feel the need to fill that sadness with Thin Mints (darn Girl Scouts!).

I'm glad to hear that some of you are having good, losing weeks! I'm headed to Boston on Tuesday and I swear I'm going to BEHAVE and stay on ON TRACK! Plus, giving up sweets for Lent will only help to renew my focus. Onwards and upwards!

Numina
02-22-2009, 06:36 PM
Meredith, I know it is frustrating for you to be our spy in this battle against the O'Fatties instead of wading into the thick of battle, but you are so far down into OnederLand that you are just the most natural choice. That means you have less chances to annihilate fat pounds, but it also means you are within shouting distance of goal, too. WHOO-HOO!

But, just to ease that frustration a little, we are going to send CrazyCurls out with you with a nice Irish shillelagh --- you spy on the bad guys and then she will BASH them for you! :club:

:D

Hang in there --- you KNOW that you are going to be losing again soon.

Numina
02-22-2009, 06:43 PM
Well, sure and begorrah, DebnBoyz is down 4 pounds! You certainly seem have got the knack of the LEAN part of our challenge, lady! I know what you said about how some pounds seems to come and go a lot, but that is where the MEAN part of the challenge comes in:

If those pounds try to sneak in under the door, you stomp your stiletto heel into them! If they try to ambush you on the way to the car, you just bash them on their silly heads with your water bottle! When it comes to Clan O'Fattie, our motto is "take no prisoners, unless you take them with the intent of throwing their hideous little bodies into the Atlantic well-adorned with heavy chains."

See how it works? :D

Numina
02-22-2009, 06:48 PM
Holy shamrocks and shillelaghes, FatMan --- LilliBeth has ALSO executed 4 pounds of fat for her weigh in! I don't know what you guys are all doing, but by St Paddy's left toe, KEEP DOING IT!

Excellent work, team member Lillibeth! You have put the fear of LILLI in those remaining pounds!

:luck2you:

Numina
02-22-2009, 06:54 PM
Oh, no --- a casualty in the trenches! Sorry to hear that you are sick, WVUFan86. There seems to be a lot of different flus and such roaming the halls these days. Rest up so you are ready to jump back into the fray --- we need your fine fighting form on the team!

(And losing weight through the various fun things you do when you have the flu is really not a great way to fly...)

:getwell:

Numina
02-22-2009, 07:02 PM
Slow and steady works just fine, JustWannaBeMe --- you get where you are going! And 20 pounds SOUNDS like a pretty good number to me! So, it's great to have you jumping into the LEAN MEAN GREEN challenge because we can use all the help we can get to top the 164.8 pounds that disappeared during the Valentine's Day Challenge.

And for the record, you may think that this :snail: is slow, but from where I am sitting (the scale not moving at all), you are ZOOMING!

:)

Numina
02-22-2009, 07:08 PM
CFMama is down ANOTHER 3.4 pounds! You know, HotMama, you may just top the VD challenge by yourself! :lol:

Keep those nasty pounds o'fat melting from your life, me sweet colleen --- you are leading our attack with your consistent and impressive losses each weigh in. Applause, applause!

:cp: :cp: :cp:

Numina
02-22-2009, 07:12 PM
Welcome to the LEAN MEAN GREEN MACHINE challenge, NikkiPooh --- you have jumped onto a very fast moving train! We have some very motivated folks here and they have been posting some very movtivating losses lately. But we can always use more help in the fight against the evil Clan O'Fattie.

So fill up your water bottle with our patent-pending weight melting green water and make sure you get a shillelagh from IrishSarah so you can smack down some pounds of your own.

Great to have you on board!

Numina
02-22-2009, 07:17 PM
Ah, 'tis herself SusieMartin, come to join the good fight against fat before St. Patrick's Day. As a member of team LEAN MEAN GREEN MACHINE, you can expect lots of support from the other folks that post here and a lot of strange noise and laughter. (Keep on eye on that TataTummy --- she has MANY very interesting tricks up her green sleeves...) In this case, it really is "the more, the merrier", so welcome indeed!

Numina
02-22-2009, 07:24 PM
YAY, RANDI! Another pound gone and added to our kill total for this challenge! No fuss, no muss --- just a clean kill and a straightforward post. I bet that darn pound o'fat didn't even see it coming!

Keep up the good work and IrishSarah WON'T make you be part of the RiverDance review at the end of the challenge! :lol:

http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:tKO2bFOSyj6aYM:http://www.shelleyirishdance.com/images/links_image_2.jpg

Numina
02-22-2009, 07:29 PM
CrazyCurls --- glad to hear you evicted those pounds o'fat that snuck into your house while you were celebrating the end of the VD challenge with us. The little devils can sure be persistent, can't they?

And now you can move on to bashing NEW nasty pounds o'fat! Not only is it good exercise, it is a great stress reliever! Let's lift our water glasses to a new week where we both say a permanent farewell to some fat.

Numina
02-22-2009, 07:34 PM
Anmitchie -- full points to you for seeing the silver lining in the flu cloud! 4 pounds is a great side-effect of illness.

Now scurry your little bottom BACK into that bed, make sure you have some fluids within reach and REST, darn you! We need to healthy, happy and back on full o'fat patrol as soon as possible! Seriously, hope you start feeling better very soon --- pine cones in the throat just aren't that much fun.

(I'm leaving you a nice cup of hot chicken broth to help you along....)

:coffee:

Numina
02-22-2009, 07:39 PM
Hang in there ChefsGirl --- you know that sometimes that nasty Clan O'Fattie starts playing their little mindgame tricks with your scale. The only thing you can do is keep right on doing what you are supposed to: stay OP with your food, drink your water and get your walkies.

(And let me tell you, that is EXACTLY the same spiel I am giving myself right now, since I am stalled. Is it working any better on you than on me? :lol: )

Rebecca85
02-22-2009, 07:43 PM
i'm in for 10lbs!

ChefsGirl
02-22-2009, 07:43 PM
Thanks Numina........I'm being good. What's the alternative right? To gain more weight? No thank you!!

Thanks for the H20 reminder. I need to drink more today. Maybe that'll make for a better WI tomorrow.

Numina
02-22-2009, 07:58 PM
Oh, man Foxxy --- I am so sorry about your Granddad. It sounds like you were pretty close to him. Don't beat yourself up for being human and responding to the pain with food because it is basically ingrained in all of us; there is a reason people bring casseroles and such to a household after a death. Sometimes food does seem to equal comfort.

And you are already jumping right back to being OP, looking at what happened during the last few days and what you will need to do in the next few when you are away from home. GOOD DANG JOB, TEAM MEMBER! We can't ask for better than that!

So remember that we are here if you need to vent or want a little help avoiding those GS cookies --- and we can always send NickiRose or Lillibeth over to your house to act as personal body guards against any duplicitous pounds o'fat that try to take advantage of your sorrow.

Hugs to you, lady --- things are tough right now, but you are tougher. Hugs from all of us....

:grouphug:

Numina
02-22-2009, 08:09 PM
Welcome to the challenge, then Rebecca! Glad to have you joining the LEAN, JEAN GREEN or AQUAMARINE, JUMPING BEAN, WATER QUEEN, SWEET COLLEEN, PREEN MACHINE...... also known as the St. Patrick's Day Challenge.

There are a lot of inspired and inspiring folks on this thead and the pounds o'fat seem to be falling left and right as meals are planned, water is consumed and sweat is expended at various gyms. But we can always use another team member! So welcome aboard! If you have any questions about how the challenge works, IrishSarah can help you out and if you have any questions about the role Guinness plays in the challenge, you can ask our beer czar Zero.

Glad to have you joining in!

irishsarah
02-23-2009, 08:45 AM
Aw Guinness...necter from the gods!

Sorry to have been away all weekend. Kids are sick with colds and we went furniture "looking" all weekend. (Me thinks we need more money!)

I weighed in today and I am sitting at 259 still. This is actually a GOOD thing, since earlier in the week I was up 2 pounds! I am annoyed that I had to spend the week gaining and loosing the same 2 pounds, but at least that is over with and I can move on.

Merksie
02-23-2009, 02:06 PM
Hi Lean Meaners!

Down 2 lbs for week one!

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wuglIYt/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuglIYt/)

nicki rose98
02-24-2009, 01:04 AM
I'm gonna blame TOM because I did very well yesterday. Stayed OP all day. I did skip my cardio but i was up 1 lb today. I know we fluctuate and it's cool. I'm not crushed or anything. I just want ONEderland SO badly!!!!!

xchampagnedream
02-24-2009, 10:11 AM
Im going for 192, so thats six pounds. Im sure I'll do more though!

TaTaTummy
02-24-2009, 10:40 AM
wooo tough start to the week......im starting my spring cleaning early so I AM up moving around but have failed to do much else in terms of exercise :( slipped a bit this weekend.. nothing major but certainly TOM is like a heavy monkey around my neck who is clinging for dear life and making me feel heavy...

eek eek monkey *tosses a banana across the street* go fetch and leave me alone!

hope everyone is having a great week so far!!!

my goal for today is shake it a little more while I clean...so with that... I present... my song of the day:

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger by Daft Punk

I hope my dogs are ready for my little show while I prance around my house...they tend to sleep through most of my routines but today Im hoping to wow the crowd :)

Keep on Truckin everyone!!!

Numina
02-24-2009, 11:48 AM
MERKSIE!

2 pounds is a grand start to this Lean Mean Green Challenge! It is so cool to hear about people that are really getting their programs to work for them --- gives the rest of us hope, too. So, whatever you did this first week, just keep right on doing it! Good going, girl!

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Numina
02-24-2009, 11:55 AM
XChampagneDream, am I reading that right? You have lost 20 pounds since January 5, 2009? WOOT! Then it looks like we have another brawling colleen with proven chops jumping into this St. Paddy's Day challenge. Here is a lucky shamrock to wear in your hair --- watch out for the Beer Czar Zero, he LIKES the pretty colleens --- and we were about to make a conga line behind TaTaTummy who graciously provides us shake-the-fat-out music each day. One two three kick....

Glad to have you aboard!

Numina
02-24-2009, 11:58 AM
TaTa, I was having a sort of blech day until I read your post --- thank you for the wonderful image of your "monkey" chasing across the street after a banana, for the get moving music and for just making me smile in general. (Your NAME still makes me smile!) :D

Oh-oh --- there they go again!

:jig: :cb: :cb: :cb:

Why don't the bananas keep dancing like the carrots? Sigh.....

irishsarah
02-24-2009, 12:13 PM
Hello you Mean Green All-Stars! Yesterday I finally did it! I signed up my family at our recreation center!!! I took a tour with the babies and I am SO excited!!!!! My first pair of tennis shoes (that's what we call sneakers here) should be arriving via UPS any day now, (my first pair in 9 years), my new swimsuit, athletic socks and sports bra were shipped on Monday and my new prescription was mailed out on Monday too!
It is all starting to fall into place. When I was at WalMart yesterday, I picked up this little pocket thingy by Danskin to hold my cell phone and iPod while I am working out along with a pair of pants and a zip up hoodie. I am so excited! I am taking the boys tonight to swim. While I won't get a workout sitting on the edge of the baby pool with my toddler, it is the first time we get to use the center. :D
If all my items arrive quickly I am really hoping to get a couple of good workouts in before my next weigh in!

Numina
02-24-2009, 01:34 PM
Hey, IrishSarah -- that all sounds great! Nothing like having the right equipment and access to the right equipment to make some of this weight loss stuff a little easier (I won't say easy!) The pool sounds particularly nice --- although I have some issues with that whole swim suit thing.

You will have to tell us about each new toy as it arrives so we can all drool appropriately!

:D

nicki rose98
02-24-2009, 02:29 PM
Dropped .5 this morning...getting close to ONEderland

ChefsGirl
02-24-2009, 04:15 PM
Holding steady during this hormonal **** I’m going thru.

I think I may have started smoking again tho………no bueno!!! I've had a couple cigarettes this week.

I love that song TaTa. Nice choice.

That’s awesome about you joining the rec center Sarah! Good for you!!!!

Star2Be
02-24-2009, 10:58 PM
Thank you, Numina! Your kind words actually did (/do) make me feel much better. :) I've picked myself up and brushed myself off after a somewhat off-plan weekend, and for now I'll just try to keep my head held up high! Wish me luck for my Friday weigh-in! :crossed:

nicki rose98
02-25-2009, 10:43 AM
ONEderland baby!!!!! "Doing the cabbage patch"!!!!!

4 lbs left to go.....CW: 198.5!!!!!

irishsarah
02-25-2009, 02:21 PM
Nicki Rose!!! We are birthday twins! 6/30 is my birthday too! I hope to be in Onederland for my birthday this year! :carrot:

The pool was great last night. Even though I felt like death warmed over (nasty cold and female issues) a promise is a promise, so I took the older three to the pool.

So much for sitting by the edge of the baby pool! I was in that water holding two of them up, chasing the three of them around...so I did get some workout. :D

I ended up grabbing a swimsuit from Target. I didn't even try it on first. I just grabbed one in what I thought my size was and put it on when we got there. It is just a black swimdress with a bit of rouching in the front. (Because that REALLY hides over 100 pounds of extra weight :p ) When the one I ordered from JC Pennys comes I think I may just send it back. A swimsuit is a swimsuit. Just because one is black and one has little flowers in blue on it, doesn't mean I am going to look like a supermodel in the more expensive blue one. :dizzy: The black one fit and its fine. I really wasn't TOO worried about how I looked anyway. I had to keep 3 kids from drowning! LOL!! So, I think I'll keep my money and the black Target swimsuit.
Besides, I don't plan on the being a size 22/24/26 (depends on what I am wearing) for much longer anyway! Why do I want TWO swimsuits in that size?

KimL1214
02-25-2009, 02:23 PM
I know I'm a bit late, but I want to join!!! I'm aiming for 238 by St. Patty's Day!!!

ChefsGirl
02-25-2009, 02:35 PM
That's awesome Nicki!!

Welcome Kim.

Good point about the swimsuit Sarah. You aren't going to be in that size for very long so there's no need for 2! I'm having lots of clothing issues too, I need some new work clothes & jeans super bad, but I just can't justify spending the $$ right now when I don't plan on being in this size for long!

I don't know tho, if the scale doesn't stop fluctuating and start going down again soon I may lose my mind! I know it's all related to TOM (which started today thank god) but seriously!!!

nicki rose98
02-25-2009, 07:07 PM
irish well happy birthday for us twins in june!!!!!! And yeah, i agree. u don't need two swimsuits in that size. I bought a new bra yesterday cuz mine was too big and i wanted two and i opted not to get two because of the same way of thinking. who knows how long i'll actually be in this size?? but good for you for keeping your promise and taking the kids out

kim welcome and good luck!!

I can't not believe this incredibly bouncy mood i am in. LOL. I don't know if its the L word I'm feeling or if it's seeing the "1" in my weight on the scale. But I am just SO happy!

Star2Be
02-26-2009, 12:53 AM
^ Oh my, I feel so rude now! I was in such a hurry to post my weigh-in before I went to class this morning that I didn't even congratulate you!! YEA, nicki rose98!!! Well done getting into ONEDERLAND, lady! That is absolutely spectacular news! I certainly hope you are celebrating in style, hehe! :hat: :cp:

Gotta love that happy, bouncy feeling, LOL! Make it last! ;)

Numina
02-26-2009, 12:54 AM
I have a good feeling about that weigh-in, Meredith --- folks have been losing a lot of weight here lately and I think it might be contagious! I am keeping my fingers crossed, just in case, tho'. ;)

And just in case a little Irish luck helps:

Numina
02-26-2009, 12:57 AM
NICKY ROSE! OMG! YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!

CONGRATULATIONS AND GREAT JOB!

:celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate:

Numina
02-26-2009, 01:00 AM
Ooooh, a new swimsuit, IrishSarah! I think you are dead-on in your idea that a suit from Target is all you need right now, since you won't be wearing this particular one long. You sure didn't waste any time making use of that Rec Center, either --- good for you! Bet your boys had a blast (and yeah, I think you can pretty much assume that ANY activity that includes 3 or more boys is going to be a work-out! :D )

Glad you are having some fun, even if you aren't feeling 100%.

Numina
02-26-2009, 01:07 AM
Welcome to the craziness that is the Lean Mean Green Machine for Colleens in Jeans, Kim --- and it is never to late to jump in here! It sounds like you are interested in evicting some of the nasty Clan O'Fattie from your patch of the bog --- well, this is the right place for that. Lots of people having been unloading pounds of fat and this is definitely a case of "the more, the merrier." So fill up your water bottle with some invigorating green water, make sure your shillelagh is handy to bash those unsuspecting pounds of fat and remember that we MEAN to get LEAN!

Glad to have you joining us! Welcome, welcome!

Numina
02-26-2009, 01:13 AM
ChefsGirl, repeat after me: Fat can NOT defy the laws of physics. If I stay on-plan, I WILL lose these stupid, stubborn, sneaky, insidious, boot-licking, puppy-kicking pounds!

Physics will not be denied! So spaketh Einstein, Hawkings and ..um.. a bunch of other really smart people!

:twirly:

nicki rose98
02-26-2009, 10:58 AM
"Fat can NOT defy the laws of physics. If I stay on-plan, I WILL lose these stupid, stubborn, sneaky, insidious, boot-licking, puppy-kicking pounds! "

I wanted to say it to!!!! Still at same weight from yesterday but at least I'm not up!!!

irishsarah
02-26-2009, 06:56 PM
WELCOME TO ONEDERLAND NICKI ROSE! :D

I did really well today after over a week of just sorta getting by. I feel good about that.

According to UPS tracking my shoes should be here tomorrow. Now IF life is fair, they will fit and I can really workout while my 6 year old is at a birthday pool party. I don't care if I have a cold, I've seen that workout area...its to die for! I can't wait to try it out! :carrot:

Star2Be
02-26-2009, 09:37 PM
Fat can NOT defy the laws of physics. If I stay on-plan, I WILL lose these stupid, stubborn, sneaky, insidious, boot-licking, puppy-kicking pounds!

Physics will not be denied! So spaketh Einstein, Hawkings and ..um.. a bunch of other really smart people!
I just love the sound of this! It's so true--plateaus SUCK, but if you really truly are doing everything right, your body can only hold on to that weight for so long! Sooner or later those pesky pounds WILL finally kick the bucket! Haha.

Ps. Just wanted to fill y'all in that I have very high hopes for my weekly weigh-in tomorrow! I have been weighing myself every day this week, and let's just say that someone on this thread may or may not have broken their unending "177 lbs" plateau...!! ;) I'll be back tomorrow with this week's official results!

Numina
02-27-2009, 12:08 AM
How the heck are we going to keep up with you when you get those new shoes, IrishSarah? You will be zipping all over the place like the Energizer Bunny! It sounds like you have joined a very neat Rec Center --- I think I am jealous. :lol:

With all the new activities and movement, I bet you have good weigh in --- again, how the heck are we going to keep up!

:exercise:

Numina
02-27-2009, 12:15 AM
Meredith, I am getting geared up to cheer "someone" for having escaped plateau heck tomorrow! I think the closer you get to goal, the slower the weight comes off. (I have no personal experience of this, you understand! Sadly!) But you have been doing what you are supposed to, making good choices and sticking to what you know to be a healthy path.

Your weigh in is going to be FIIIIIIIIIINE!

:goodscale:

heather88
02-27-2009, 02:07 AM
Nice job everyone :] . . . it seems like people are hitting BIG victories around every corner.

CW: 266.6 (I hope those last three numbers aren't a bad omen:o)

7lbs down!
My birthday is on monday. The funny thing is that when I started to lose weight I set a way out there goal of losing 50lbs in just 2 months! But I am happy where I'm at right now and I know I can make my goal of 258.6 by the 17th!

nicki rose98
02-27-2009, 11:24 AM
^ Oh my, I feel so rude now! I was in such a hurry to post my weigh-in before I went to class this morning that I didn't even congratulate you!! YEA, nicki rose98!!! Well done getting into ONEDERLAND, lady! That is absolutely spectacular news! I certainly hope you are celebrating in style, hehe! :hat: :cp:

Gotta love that happy, bouncy feeling, LOL! Make it last! ;)

LOL! It's ok honey! Sometimes I miss people's post too

nicki rose98
02-27-2009, 11:25 AM
NICKY ROSE! OMG! YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!

CONGRATULATIONS AND GREAT JOB!

:celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate:

Woo hoo!! I love all the congratulations!

nicki rose98
02-27-2009, 11:38 AM
irish Thanks for the congrats!!! Glad you're doing well this week and I do hope UPS and life is good to you. LOL.

star Ooooh, girl. Hope you're weigh in tomorrow is good. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for ya. But you don't need the luck. You got this!!!

heather Oh, I think there's no bad omen for you. Cuz your birthday is coming up!!!!

Doing good for me.

SW: 204
CW: 197
GW: 194

I'm super excited. Then yesterday I'm looking for some good work out DVDs cuz sometimes I can't get to the gym so I ask one of the trainors here (I work at a gym) and he says he'll see what he can find out. Next thing I know he comes in my office and is asking why I want them and what I'm looking to work. His specialty is legs, butt and abs which is what I wanted (in addition to some cardio dvds). So he offered to meet with me one day to go over his routine. Super stoked!!!!!

Wish me luck this weekend. That's when I sneak in food and give excuses for not exercising. But I gave up exercise excuses for lent so hopefully i'll stick to it.

Star2Be
02-27-2009, 12:35 PM
heather88 - Oooh, yay, Happy (early) Birthday! How exciting! I know that you are very focused on your plan right now, but I hope you will at least allow yourself a bit of indulgence on your special day--it only comes once a year, ya know! ;) Well done with your weigh-in, this week, too! You are zooming right on towards that goal!

nicki rose98 - WOW, look at you, getting your feet planted all firm-like in Onederland!! WTG! :D Oh, and here's some :dust: for the weekend... Don't mind if I take a little for myself, too, cuz I definitely have the same problem--my school life is extremely stressful, and weekends are always a time to relax a little bit and have some fun, and of course for me that always means bad eating habits, heh. :rolleyes: But my most recent weigh-in has got me so excited that I think I'll have extra motivation to be good this weekend, so as to appease the magic weight loss fairy for waving her wand over me this week! LOL! :lol: Oh, and I love the idea of giving up exercise excuses for Lent! Very creative, and what a great way to keep yourself accountable. Stick with it! :cheer2:

As for ME, I'm not even going to build suspense for this, because I am SO excited!! Today I weighed in at 172.8 lbs!!! Yes, that's right--after weighing ~177 for just about a month, I have not only busted through that plateau, but essentially slapped it around and wiped the floor with it, too! LOL! I am feeling soooo fantastic right now. I just want to throw myself a party to make up for how freakin' miserable that plateau was making me, heh! :yay:

Anyways, my official numbers for this week:
SW: 177.0 last Friday, 178.6 on Monday :o
CW: 172.8!!
GW: 169.0
That's a loss of 5.8 lbs this week (:yikes:) and 4.2 lbs for the challenge! :dizzy: I was starting to get pretty positive that I was going to fail miserably at this challenge because of that pesky plateau, but now maybe if I stay OP, there might still be a chance! I have a little over 2 weeks to lose 4 lbs... That's not impossible, right? :chin:

Thanks so much to everyone for all of your support! Hope you all have a fabulous weekend! :dancer:

nicki rose98
02-27-2009, 01:11 PM
meredith that is incredible!!! Congratulations!!! And thanks for the dust of help. LOL. I will need it!!!!

Numina
02-27-2009, 02:33 PM
OMG Meredith! You are one of those "go big or stay home" people, aren't you! Well, you DEFINITELY went big this time --- applying a great big old high-heeled boot to a very large party of unwanted pounds! They are OUTA HERE! Bye-bye! Hit the road, jacks! Don't let the door hit you on the ash Wednesday on your way out! Don't call us cuz we WON'T be calling you!

I am really happy that you broke through ---no, shattered --that plateau! And I certainly think you can hit your challenge goal.

Great job, Meredith and CONGRATULATIONS on a job very well done.

:dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

Numina
02-27-2009, 02:38 PM
:club:

And now, Meredith lass, my oh-so-much-slimmer colleen, I need to be having wee little chat with you about this daft notion that you might run amuck this weekend and undo all your good labors......

Just kidding about with the shillelagh, because you WON'T be going OffPlan this weekend after waiting so long to get past 177, right? :yes:

Numina
02-27-2009, 02:54 PM
WOW! Heather --- you are down like another 3.5 pounds this week, aren't you? Holy Shrinking Shamrocks, FlatMa'am! (Flat as in skinny, not as in lack of chest appeal...)You are really kicking it for this challenge!

GO HEATHER GO!

:cupgold: :luck2you: :patrick: :luck2you: :cupgold:

Numina
02-27-2009, 03:00 PM
NickiRose --- you sound like you are getting everything really put together during this challenge! Your food and eating have been very good and now you are taking the exercise to the next level. I think this trainer sounds great! And what you are doing is OBVIOUSLY working, as the little numbers on that scale show --- and as your attitude around here REALLY shows. You are pumped! You are making it happen! You have that goal in sight and you are not letting any stupid food or excuse keep you from the best and healthiest you!

It is GREAT to have you on the team! Keep up the excellent work!

Numina
02-27-2009, 03:16 PM
....on the other hand.....

:club:
Nicki, Nicki, my wild Irish Rose --- Weekends, huh? Do I really need to say it? Is there any food that is worth going backwards from where you are now? Is there anything more important to do with an hour than exercise and keep this great momentum going? :coach: Don't make me come down there!

(For the record, I have a lot of trouble on the weekends, too. Schedules go out the window and we spend more time together as a family, which somehow always seems to translate into eating out! So, I understand the challenges --- but I can see the payoff in your and Meredith's numbers. You guys just can't throw all your hard work and fabulous results out the window. In typical old fart fashion, I say: Do as I say, not as I do --- but its only because I know you can and I know it is totally the best thing for you.)

So, here's a mini-challenge for Meredith and NickiRose (and me and anyone else like me that needs it too!): Stick to your program this weekend. Just one weekend! How hard can that be? ( :lol: ) Ready? Okay, then, pull out the deadly female assassin outfits, check your weapons and make sure you have enough ammo to get through the next 2 days, crank up some music that helps you muscle some MEAN into this challenge --- better watch out, Clan O'Fattie cuz we are coming for YOU --- and let's do this thing!

:high:

nicki rose98
02-27-2009, 03:26 PM
LOL Numina!!! I am in for that mini challenge. I will line dance my behind off tonight at work (which will get in some unplanned cardio) and I will avoid the delicious bread and the regular coke. Strictly water and mb some diet coke if my sugar gets low. I will work out this weekend Saturday and Sunday even if it's just some DVDs at home!!!!

I CAN DO THIS!!!! Thanks Numina for the encouragement.

WVUFan86
02-27-2009, 06:01 PM
176 wooo and thats with TOM day 2.:)...

nicki rose98
02-28-2009, 02:32 AM
YEAH ME!!! So far weekend mini goal is doing good.... no cheating at work and I line danced for some of that extra cardio. Tomorrow is just another day - and I'm looking forward to it!!

Numina
02-28-2009, 10:07 AM
And WVUFan86 steps it out in the challenge with another one pound of fat obliterated! When interviewed, the Lean and Mean squad leader calmly explained:

"I was strolling through the produce section of my grocery store when I saw the slimy little caffler slip in. I followed it to the chips aisle whereupon it began trying to beguile folk into the dangerous area of those so-called snacks. I took me shamrock from out of me hair and tossed it, ninja-like, smack into the little bog rotter. As can only be expected, it expired upon contact."

Here, WVUFan86 paused for a second and then shrugged gracefully: "T'was nothing more than any of our team would do."

Good job, WVUFAN! and KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

Numina
02-28-2009, 10:14 AM
YEAH ME!!! So far weekend mini goal is doing good.... no cheating at work and I line danced for some of that extra cardio. Tomorrow is just another day - and I'm looking forward to it!!

You are rocking, Nicki --- and maybe rolling, too, what with all the line dancing! Did you know that 3fc sent some video folks to capture your night of Irish line dancing on film? I think this one is your best dances: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgjSI0mTxLA&feature=related. I can't fault the moves, but darn it Nicki, couldn't you have worn green? :lol:

I am getting more into this mini-goal myself, thanks to your enthusiasm --- yay Nicki!

Numina
02-28-2009, 10:19 AM
And on a more personal note:

Sure and begorrah, the luck of the Irish has finally been sprinkled upon my head for I have moved off my lonely and isolated plateau and rejoined the LEAN MEAN GREEN MACHINE challenge with a loss of 3 pounds since last Sunday! And that puts me into a new decade at 249!

All I can say is

FINALLY!

:rofl:

crazycurls
02-28-2009, 11:30 AM
I weighed in this morning at 267....woohoo! Congrats to everyone on their losses!!!

nicki rose98
02-28-2009, 11:41 AM
numina lol!!! You are too funny!!!! Next time I will wear green. LOL. Congratulations on your own loss!!! YOu deserve it!!!! Keep it up girl

crazy congratulations on your loss too!!!!

So I'm down another 1.5 pounds!!!! I am kicking some butt. Actually I've almost reached my goal!! I'm wondering if I shot too low??? Well we'll see if it stays off. About to hit the gym for some tanning and weights then home for cardio!!!!!

cfmama
02-28-2009, 12:25 PM
Numina!!!! 249!!!!!! Yayyyyy girl!

Meridith!!!!! 173!!! Yowza girlfriend!

cfmama
02-28-2009, 12:29 PM
Just for my reference tomorrow:

starting weight: 300.4 on the 15th
last weeks weight: 297 on the 22nd
(this mornings weight a day before weigh in): 294.2

Star2Be
02-28-2009, 01:25 PM
Numina - Sorry that I'm so late in saying this, but I accept your mini-challenge, woman!! :D And in fact, I already have some good news to report about this weekend--I *did not* binge/overeat yesterday!! This is huge, because I really do have a problem with my weekend eating habits, and last weekend was a recent particularly low point for me... So it's awesome to feel like I'm really, truly back on track again. I stayed 100% OP yesterday, and I really do feel great today... And I was a little dehydrated when I weighed this morning, so the scale was exceptionally kind to me. ;) I confess that I AM planning on having a little bit of weekend fun tonight, because my a cappella group is having our quarterly concert/afterparty, but it's actually kind of a good thing because it helped me to stay OP yesterday.--I kept telling myself "NO, wait until tomorrow!" Lol! So I'm expecting to be back up a teensy bit tomorrow since I'll be having dinner out and a few drinks tonight, and especially since today's number wasn't totally accurate... BUT I am not going to go off-plan, and I am positive that I will emerge from this weekend without an overall gain! WOOHOO! And look at you, missy--you not only lost 3 lbs, but you're in the 240s!! YEA!! It's always sooo freakin' exciting when you make it into a new decade. It's like getting a membership to join a special weight loss club, LOL. Congratulations to you!! :yay: Keep up the good work!

nicki rose98 - We will have to hold each other accountable for the mini-challenge Numina gave us, LOL! It sounds like you are already off to an AWESOME start, too--you're already sooo close to your St. Paddy's Day goal, and you still have like 2 weeks to meet it! WTG! :cp: And the line dancing sounds like so much fun! I will be having a few drinks at a party I'm going to tonight :hat: so I'll have to make sure I do some extra-vigorous dancing to try to make up for the extra calories! :dancer: Hehe! But my goal for this evening is to have a TON of fun at my a cappella group's concert and the afterparty, but to keep my eating habits in check. A few indulgences, sure, since I was really good this week... But no crazy binging!! :rollpin: Wish me luck! And best of luck to you with the rest of the weekend!

nicki rose98
02-28-2009, 03:02 PM
Good luck Meredith!! Dance your booty off girl!!!

So today has been fantastic and it's only 1/2 over. I went to the gym and tanned. Then I did Body Motion (a circuit of weights at my gym). Then I cam home, fed my daughter and laid her down and proceeded to do Workout 1 of the 30DS. OMG!!! Amazing!! I was sweating my butt off when I was done and it kicked my a**. But I loved it. Every second. Jillian is great! Right when I started to feel tired and weaken up a beat she would say some words of encouragement and tell me not to quit and I would push through it. FANTASTIC!!!!!! Didn't have hand weights though so gotta get some of those.

cfmama
03-01-2009, 11:32 AM
starting weight: 300.4 on the 15th
last weeks weight: 297 on the 22nd
today's weight: 294.6 (-2.4 lbs) TOTAL: -5.8

Numina
03-01-2009, 02:33 PM
The boys are doing a bunch of stuff to my computer to try and get it moving a little faster (sounds like me, :lol: ) so I only have about 4 minutes here. I am actually staying on program this weekend, thanks to this mini-challenge.

CRAZYCURLS --- Tis a wonderful job you are doing, lassie! I have to say that I think we have formed a HECK of a team here and soon we we all have to be called WEE colleens. (Don't forget to pick up a few of those fat-assassinating ninja-star shamrocks for the rest of the week, Crazy --- they can be amazing effective and still decorative!)

NICKI ROSE --- Good for you, sister! You are kicking butt in both the min-challenge and in this whole Mean Green Machine! And I am trying desperately to keep up with you --- LOL! Keep it up!

MEREDITH --- I don't know about you, but it has really been easier to think before I eat knowing that you and Nicki are doing the same thing where you are. Strangely, it really DOES feel like teamwork. So, thank you for jumping into this little weekend challenge and keep that momentum going! Kick some weekend fat behind waaaaaay down there in OnederLand!

HOTMAMA --- You are just amazing. Whenever I feel like this just can't work this time or that I really deserve that awful snack, I just pull up one of your posts and look at the numbers. There it is in black and white, the unstoppable proof that we CAN do this, if we are willing to work for it. So, :high: for your continuing shrinkage and for kicking it hard this challenge.

So, waddya say we come into March like a lion? (Isn't that the saying: in like a lion and out like a lamb?) I am in a sort of kick-down-the-effin-doors, take-no-prisoners, leave-no-witnesses, be-one-with-the-forces-of-nature kind of mood and I think that will translate well into some serious Clan O'Fat slaying.

All I can say to our slimy nemesis is:
DO YOU FEEL LUCKY, PUNK?

irishsarah
03-02-2009, 09:15 AM
Howdy All! After what can only be described as a frustrating week, I am happy to report that I lost 3 pounds. I wish I was more excited about it, but I was hoping for a bigger number. It seems my body is doing everything it can to hold on to this fat! :mad: After yet another thyroid test, I have discovered that it is STILL off. I could have guessed that by the amount of hair I found in the sink, but still... Also, I am retaining water. I am sooooo annoyed. I've also had this cold since, FOREVER and now my 3 year old is running a high fever with it. That means I am not getting much gym time in. I also had to send back the shoes I was so excited about. They didn't fit my broken foot right. :( That's okay, I am wearing my Land's End Mocs, but they sure aren't as comfortable as real workout shoes would be.
Okay, enough whinning. I got it all out of my system. (Sorta ;) ) 3 pounds is still 3 pounds and any loss is good.
I see we've got some side challenges going on here. LOL! You are a determined lot, aren't ya?! :D

Numina
03-02-2009, 11:35 AM
Top o' the mornin', IrishSarah!

Do you believe that you are actually kvetching about ONLY losing 3 POUNDS? :rofl: Does that sound like the you from a year ago? I know a year ago for me, I would be sitting on the couch, gaining three pounds.....

I know sometimes this downward journey is so friggin frustratingly slow, but 3 pounds forever gone is something to CELEBRATE! You are holding fast, using grit and determination and sneaky tricks (I know you, and you DEFINITELY are sneaky!) to eliminate this dangerous threat to your health and rediscovering that slender and healthy you. It may take us a while, Sarah, but we will get to goal and by golly! we will enjoy the trip! :D

Look at what a wonderful thing you have done for yourself --- three less pounds to tote around like the parasites that they are. Good job, wench!

:cp: :cp: :cp:

Numina
03-02-2009, 11:39 AM
Hey, Meredith -- how was the concert/party with your a cappella group? And how long have you been singing like that? Inquiring minds want to know!

:hyper:

Star2Be
03-02-2009, 12:26 PM
Hi everyone!! Just checking in for the beginning of the week!

nicki rose98 - WOW, you are kicking so much butt lately! Sounds like your 30DS workout was pretty darn intense; you ROCK for keeping up with it even when you started to feel tired/weak/etc. You knew you could do it, so you did! Hehe. I'm so proud of you, chicky!

cfmama - Yay, congrats on the loss this week!! :yay: You are doing so awesomely and getting so far and firmly into Twoderville (or whatever ya call it, ha)! Keep up the good work. :D

Numina - Oh yes, I was definitely thinking of both you and nicki when I was making eating choices this weekend. You two were like the little angels sitting on my shoulder when the binge monster was trying to get me to give in to temptation. I just kept thinking of how disappointed I would be if I veered off plan, and how proud I would make myself if I managed to resist. And I am very proud to say that I did not overeat once all weekend! Yea!! And, as promised, I did NOT gain--in fact, today I am already 1.4 lbs lighter than I was on Friday! Woohoo! :dancer: As for the concert, OMG, I can't even tell you how freakin' awesome it was... It was everything I ever could have expected and MORE. I felt so confident, I thought my voice was good, I got tons of compliments on both my singing AND my appearance (;)), the party was insanely fun... I only had a couple drinks, but they did the job (I'm much more of a lightweight than I used to be, ha) and the only other indulgence I had all weekend was some of the cake from the reception after the concert--and it was delicious! And I also danced my BUTT off and worked up quite a sweat, so hopefully I worked off some of the extra calories, heh. Anyways, I hope I don't sound like I'm "bragging" or something, heh, but it was really just a perfect night in every way. :D Here's a pic from the concert, of me about to perform "Just A Girl" (the No Doubt song, heh):
http://www.geocities.com/nora_you_adora/JustAGirlWinter09.jpg
I'm the one up front in the leopard-print dress (our dress code for the concert was black and animal prints, LOL!) It's not a very high-quality pic, and my tummy looks a little round, but I'm lovin' it anyways. It's funny, because I arranged that song for us over the summer before I started losing weight, and I thought I would feel extremely awkward having to sing the line "I'm just a girl, all pretty and petite," because I've never been even remotely "petite," nor had I ever felt very pretty. BUT, I felt just fine singing it the other night! ;) I just can't get over how much more ridiculously confident I've gotten, just from losing a bit of weight! I didn't feel weird about approaching people at the party, and although it troubles me slightly to say it, I definitely have noticed a difference in the way other people treat me--people don't necessarily go out of their way to get to know the "fat" girl, but when I'm just Meredith, they're much friendlier. :dunno: Anyways, I'm sure I will post more stuff later, IF my friends ever get around to uploading the pictures/videos they took! Hehe. Oh, and I have been singing with this particular group since I started college, so about 1.5 years... But I've always loved singing. It's definitely one of my biggest passions. :D

irishsarah - :hug: Sorry to hear that you're not feeling so well, chicky. You know that you are ALWAYS welcome to come here and vent/whine/get something that's bothering you off your chest. We're here for you! But like Numina, I feel obligated to remind you that you DID lose 3 lbs, and that is amazing, not something to be disappointed about at all! Plus, if you're not at perfect health right now (what with the thyroid issues and the cold--yuck, I hate colds!) there's a good chance that the number on the scale is going to be a little out of whack... So try not to stress out too much about it, you know? Weight loss will always be available for you to pick up again when you're feeling better; for now just try to focus on getting your health back into tip-top condition. :getwell:

Randi
03-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Down one more pound..... This is getting frustrating, I honestly expected it to be more.... It really put me in a funk yesterday.....

Star2Be - you really look wonderful in that picture!! I am so glad that the night went so well for you!!!

purplecrush
03-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Hey everyone! Sorry ive been MIA the past week. My kids got sick last Sunday and then I got it...its not just a cold...I WISH..it was a horrible stomach thing. It took me 4 days to recover..and im still not feeling 100% yet. Im telling ya, I thought I was DYING!!!

WTG NikkiRose for getting into Onderland!!! Thats wonderful!!!
Good job Meredith for getting under 177..finally!!

Good Job to everyone losing...I havent weighed myself yet, I havent held anything down, so the number wouldnt be accurate :(

gin
03-03-2009, 01:02 AM
I've been MIA from this thread because I don't have anything good to report. I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to make my goal. I had a few bad meals. I've also switched over from weight watchers to calories. Which isn't really that different I just figured I could do it myself with free online tools instead of paying them $$$ for basically the same thing. However, I've been bouncing around the same three pounds all week, and that is three pounds up from where I started. BLAH! I'm hoping for a big swoosh soon.

I hope all you gals that have been sick are getting better.

And Meredith - you look smoking hot there babe! Wow. What an inspiration.

Jen

Numina
03-03-2009, 08:20 AM
Meredith! You did absolutely wonderfully, staying on plan all weekend INCLUDING a party AND evicting 1.4 pounds! WHOO-HOO! You've got the power!

The concert sounds like a blast and you look like a million bucks in that photo --- sexy, sultry and CONFIDENT! I wish I could have heard you singing! I have no clue how you got the feeling you weren't pretty (just another terrific service from that nasty Clan O'Fat, I guess) but I have seen your photos, including the befores and you have ALWAYS been pretty. You just sparkle in those shots --- and of course, in this one you look like a rock star.

Great big mushy congratulations for getting up in front of an audience like that (a personal fear of mine), for enjoying yourself and living your life without jumping off the wagon and for putting in the hard work to get yourself down into the lovely Onederland numbers.

EXCELLENT job, Meredith, just EXCELLENT!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Numina
03-03-2009, 08:28 AM
This weight loss stuff seems to go in fits and starts, sometimes, Randi --- I know I didn't lose anything for over a week and then dropped 3 pounds. So don't let the tricks and mind games of our dreaded enemy Clan O'Fattie induce you to stop really working your program. You just have to be more stubborn than they are!

I know some other gals on this board have said that taking your calories up or down for a couple of days can sometimes break a plateau and sometimes drinking more water can help. Personally, I think all you need is IrishSarah and Heather to come over there and have a wee chat with the offending pounds..... :club:

Hang in there! You are tougher and stronger and just MEANER AND LEANER than any stupid, clinging pound of fat! Their days are numbered!

Numina
03-03-2009, 08:36 AM
Ack, PurpleCrush --- I am sorry to hear you have been so sick! I hope your kids are better. It's always so much fun to be horribly sick yourself AND taking care of other sick people, too.

The team has been trying to repel the waves of Clan O'Fat invaders while you were gone --- it will be great to have you back in action! Right now, however, your main job is to rest and recover. Make sure there is some "taking care of PurpleCrush" in all that caregiver time. We will post a wee man outside your house to keep any extra pounds from sneaking in while you rest --- oh, here he is now :patrick: --- so all you have to think about is getting better.

Good to see you today --- now get your blarneystone bottom back to bed! :lol:

Numina
03-03-2009, 08:49 AM
Jen, there is always some adjusting that goes on until you find a plan that works for you, both in convenience, finances and actual weight loss. I know it is dratted frustrating to be trying to do right and have the stupid scales telling you that you are doing wrong. My advice is to sort of ignore the numbers for a few days and really concentrate on eating what you are supposed to, drinking that water and moving your body. Once you are on top of the plan, the numbers WILL follow --- they have no choice!

In the meantime, come sit down and have a nice cup of coffee (or the beverage of your choice) with us :coffee: --- I personally think that the major part of this challenge is not how many pounds of Clan O'Fat that we obliterate, but the TEAMWORK and MUTUAL SUPPORT we get from it. And from that point of view, Squad Leader Jen, you are RIGHT where you are supposed to be!