Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2002, 04:03 PM   #1  
Senior Chick

Talking ~~Thru Thick and Thin~~ #143

Thru Thick & Thin is a group that was formed to give and receive support on our journey to take off the excess pounds and to keep them off. No matter who you are or where you are from, you're welcome here with us. We'll stand with you while you're losing and stand by you if you're not. We all have ups and downs and we need support in both.
Old 05-21-2002, 04:49 PM   #2  
Senior Chick

Talking

Hey Everyone

It seems like the longer that I am retired, the less free time that I have. I always seem to be busy cleaning, taking care of critters or working in the yard. I have begun to crave free time for myself.

Marlana~You sure have a lot of patience to mess with the Photo Impact program the way that you do. I had to change the type of file for our logo in the middle of starting a new thread. I had to sit for a minute and think about how to do it because it has been a while since I've done it. All my stuff is still Gif types and I had to change it to Jpeg. I also remember that you said the new forum won't let us reuse the same attachments without renaming them.

JoJo~We finally got a little rain on Sunday. It was one of those really light rains but it lasted all morning and then did it again a while Sunday evening. It was a blessing and we are grateful for every drop. Then we got a very welcome cold front and I turned the a/c off and opened my windows. It is so wonderful because my honeysuckle and gardenias are in full bloom and there is no smoke in the air today. I guess it will take you a while to learn to sleep while you dh is at work. That's how I got into the habit of falling asleep reading. I just made the best strawberry dreamcicle. I sliced fresh strawberries and sprinkled them with Splenda and left them in the frig for several days. I used the sugarfree strawberry banana jello and sugarfree french vanilla pudding. It is so wonderful.

Jen~Congratulations on your graduation. I'm sorry that your mom was so thoughtless. At least you have the house to yourself for a while. I would give anything to have a lilac bush here.....well almost. My dh brought me one home 2 years ago from Maryland. It is still alive but won't grow. It is about 6" tall and nice and green. We baby it and fertilize it and just keep hoping. I actually got on the treadmill today between chores. Boy am I out of shape.

Tobey~Hope you had a very Happy Anniversary. Did you post that really easy recipe for a lite dump cake? I made that with some strawberries before I made the dreamcicle. I mixed the cake mix with the diet 7up and poured over the strawberries and it was just heavenly.

Well ladies, I need to get a couple more things done before supper. Y'all have a good evening.
Old 05-22-2002, 08:03 AM   #3  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Morning~~Lord help me. Why don't you all come down and see me and help me catch on some of this work. I'm meeting myself going and coming. I've dropped the HP class already, I just can't find the time I need to take it right now. I can take it this winter maybe. Right now I've got to go out and burn some trash, old carpet, before the wind starts blowing. I've also got to set out flowers today and go shopping because tomorrow it's going to rain again.

Jen~~I thank our cold weather is over, it's about 62 this morning, that is just right. To get the logo just right click it and file it in your computer, like in your docs. Then when you start the new thread, when told to just find it and click it in. Very easy. We can only use one of the attachments one time. So I have to change the color and rename it to use it. But each of you guys can use it once too.

Skeeter~~ Well what the heck are you complaining about, at least you got to retire. I'm never going to retire from my job. I'm getting too old to do some of it, but I still can't retire. I wish you had all this rain we are getting here. The lake is dropping fast, but more rain on the way. grrrrrrrrrr Bobby is suppose to start a vacation this week end, don't know if he will keep it or not. If we don't see any signs of the catfish coming into the bank this week end he will put it off for a week. Refer to Jen's reply about the logo's.

I better run, the morning is rolling on. Have a good day everyone.
Old 05-22-2002, 06:00 PM   #4  

Hello. Hope your all having a nice week. Me, well today was pretty good. I'm fighting a depression. Its just everything in the past several months is finally catching up with me and work is getting to me to. Yesterday I felt so bad, totally "woe is me". Today was better tho.

Our weather has been pretty good to. No rain since the weekend. Its really nice today except its windy and some of the flooding in the area is subsiding some to. But they are calling for more rain Friday and Saturday. Hopefully it won't be anything really heavy like we've had.

Marlana, I just wanted to tell you I am really working on my mindset as far as food goes. I'm being more aware of what I'm eatting and how much although I'm not technically dieting yet. I do have a plan to start, I've just got to go over it some more and then start it. I just can't hardly stand myself anymore. I avoid mirrors like they are the plague. Sounds like you are really busy with your classes. Don't you have enough to keep you busy already????? There is a place that offers different puter classes and I've thought about taking something, just to get a better knowledge of what I'm doing and how things work. I hope you are learning lots.

Skeeter, WTG with losing 2 more lbs. Thats great. Hopefully soon I'll be able to report a loss. I'm still working on convincing myself that I have to start exercising gag (there goes that gag reflex again) again. I used to really like my workouts so I don't know what the problem is. I've just developed a strong dislike to it lately. Ooh, your strawberry pudding sounds yummy. I'll have to try that out myself. I bet it would taste good with cherries to. You know how I love cherries. I saw some at the store yesterday but I refused to pay $3 a lb for them. Normally I wouldn't care about that but I did yesterday.

Hi to Tobey and Jen, I hope your doing well. Also Hi to Sally if you come in once in awhile. We miss you.

Take care everyone. Talk to you later.
Old 05-22-2002, 10:00 PM   #5  

Well, I decided I'd better get in here and post before time gets away from me again. Such is life. Today I burned up some branches that I cut out of my crabapple tree last fall. They were still pretty green, but I managed to get rid of them. I also mowed the yard again. All this darn rain makes the grass really grow when the sun decides to show up. Then I went to the grocery store, picked up some yummy healthy food. I also got a plant, it's called a flowering maple. It's like a small shrub, in a pot. It's really different. Yellow spotted leaves and peach flowers. I kind-of like the interesting things. Tomorrow I work another 12 hr day shift. They really aren't as bad as they sound. The time goes by really fast. Then on Friday I'm meeting a friend for lunch and shopping. We are going to the KID ROCK concert on Friday night and need to get new outfits! I'll take a guess you haven't heard of him, and wouldn't like it if you did. I work the weekend, but off on Monday. I'm still not used to the extra time I'm not spending on school. I keep trying to stay busy to stay out of the kitchen, but I'm not sure how well it's working. I may have to retune my plan. I'd like to post to everyone tonight, but I have to unwind and get ready for bed soon. 5 am comes pretty early!

Jen
Old 05-23-2002, 01:31 PM   #6  

Hello all!

I’m back and getting into the swing of things again. My vacation was absolutely wonderful. Except for the weather – it was really chilly!!!! The weekend was the May long weekend in Canada which is normally the start to summer. Most people go away for the weekend and do lots of outdoor stuff. However, it was only around 48F!! Some crazy people still went camping anyways! It is starting to warm up. We have a high of 72F today and it is supposed to be sunny all day.

I did something very spontaneous yesterday. On my lunch I decided to go and get my hair cut. And get it cut indeed. It is now about a foot and a half shorter! I really love it though. Everyone was shocked that I did it. It feels and looks so good.

Jen: Your garden of fresh veggies and herbs sound wonderful. My mom also grows catnip. She dries it and mails to my kitty who goes CRAZY for it!! She won’t even touch store bought stuff now. My mom has a heck of a time trying to her own cats out of it when it is growing. Doesn’t sound like your weekend weather was much better. Must be great to be able to read for pleasure now!!! I’m sorry that your mom didn’t attend your graduation. You must have been disappointed. I hope you still enjoyed it though (despite the disorganization). During your fruit and veggie days, do you ever juice? I have done that a few times. Fresh juice is just amazing. I have tons of recipes too – if you are ever interested. I don’t know how you work those 12-hour shifts. At least the time goes by fast for you. I think we are around the same age – so I do know KID ROCK and even like at least one of his songs. I imagine that it will be a pretty rowdy concert. Should be fun!! And a heck of an excuse for some new clothes.

Jojo: Dh sounds so busy with his job! Will it ever calm down or will he have to continue working so much OT? Do you have any special plans for your 25th? Our weekend away was amazing. It was actually a Christmas gift from dh’s aunt and uncle. Your niece sounds like an amazing girl. Good for her!! The family must be very proud. Sorry to hear that you are fighting a depression. I know what that’s like. I had a really good article on focusing before which was sent to me by a friend who is a psychotherapist. I will see if I can find it and send it to you via PM. I think you might find it interesting and if not – just delete it.

Marlana: How’s your PI class coming along? I think that’s great that you are doing it (even if it is a little frustrating!). We did get see our friends brand new baby girl. I did hold her – but not to worry she didn’t start my maternal clock ticking. However, I have to admit that she is the sweetest newborn I have ever seen. Thanks for the anniversary greetings. We really enjoyed it. Oh I just read that you signed up for the web design course. Good for you – I know that is something that you really wanted to do! D’oh!!! I just read your next post that said you dropped it. I sure hope that you can pick it up later. I think you really deserve to take that course. But I also know what it is like when you bite off more than you can chew!

Skeeter: Congrats on the loss! Woo Hoo! The inn where we stayed was soooo beautiful. I just wish the weather was warmer so that we could have explored the grounds some more. The have a private outdoor pool, tennis courts, croquet, bikes, etc… but we didn’t do any of that. There was also a beautiful deck just off of our room that over looked the second story of the house. It would have been perfect for sitting and enjoying a morning coffee or some evening wine – but we would have had worn winter coats and mitts! I’m so glad that you are getting use out of the water bottle! That dump cake recipe wasn’t from me but I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed it. In fact I haven’t posted any recipes in ages.

Well I guess that is all for now. I hope that everyone has a great day!!

Tobey

Attached is a picture of the inn that we stayed at last weekend for our 5th anniversary. We were in the beautiful master suite.
Old 05-23-2002, 09:55 PM   #7  
Senior Chick

Talking

Hey Everyone

We have had the nicest weather the last few days. It's been so cool at night and not too hot during the day. I turned my a/c off on Monday and it is still off but might get turned on before this evening is over. It has been just wonderful to have the windows open again with no smoky smell.

Marlana~Maybe after you get through your PI class, you can concentrate on learning to build a website. There's bound to be another class somewhere on the internet. I retired from work outside the home but you know that a woman's work is never done. We will do laundry, clean house, cook and whatever else needs done until the day we die.

JoJo~We had a scare here on Wednesday. I suddenly started smelling smoke coming in the windows and turned my scanner on. The fire plane couldn't find a fire although she was searching this whole area. Our neighbor stopped by to tell us that the section from our main road that runs down to our private road was on fire. Evidently someone had thrown a cigarette out a car window and it burned down to the 4 wheeler trail. Luckily the wind was blowing the opposite way and it burned itself out. Plus he was covering it as best as he could with sand. Now it is getting hot again and still no rain. Oh but the cherries sound good too. I think that you could fix that dreamcicle with a lot of different fruits.

Jen~It sure sounds like you are finding lots of ways to fill in all that new free time. Actually Kid Rock was on the CMA Awards last night. He sang a song with Hank Williams Jr. I have no idea what type of music he normally sings though. Enjoy the concert. I also had a flowering maple last year and just loved it. It grew really well and bloomed like crazy then it froze this winter and we haven't seen it again.

Tobey~That inn is really a beautiful place. It looks so inviting. Makes me want to stroll the grounds with an iced tea. Of course, I'm sitting in this heat looking at the picture. I also got my hair cut yesterday but I'll bet yours looks better than mine. She was just supposed to trim it but its very short now. I guess I'll get a break from fixing my hair every morning now. Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you before that I saw the Naked Chef on one of the late night talk shows. He is cute and I love the accent.

I think I will go watch the ER rerun. Y'all have a good evening.
Old 05-24-2002, 01:06 PM   #8  

Good FRIDAY morning to you all!!

It has been such a quick week. I can’t believe that the weekend is almost here.

I have had a wonderful morning. I was up at 5:00 am and out the door on a 6-mile run by 5:15. It is finally warm enough that I could go out in just running shorts and a t-shirt. But was just an amazing run. I watched the sun rise, listened to the birds sing, and smelled the air that was thick with the scent of lilacs. It was so beautiful and peaceful. Living in a city of over 2 million, you don’t get too many of those moments.

Then dh had to go downtown for some meetings today so we commuted in together. His meetings weren’t until 10:00 and I am on a very flexible schedule, so we decided to get off the subway at a stop earlier and go for a nice breakfast together. If he is still around when I get off work, we may stay downtown and hit a movie as well. If not, I think we will go to a matinee tomorrow. The evening is saved for the hockey game.

Skeeter: I also would have loved to stroll through the inn grounds (they are on 5 acres) with an iced tea. However, I didn’t have a winter coat that day. We are considering going back for a few days in the summer or early fall. I love having short hair again! It is so easy to take care of and is great when I run. He did a really great job on it and I have got lots of compliments. I don’t think I have had short hair since I became thin. That’s funny that you caught the Naked Chef on a show. I love that accent too. A few weekends ago, dh and I made a whole meal from one of his cookbooks. It was so simple but tasted just amazing. I guess that’s what he is all about. Hope your nice weather holds for the weekend.

Well guess that’s all. Just a few more hours until quitting time! Hope you have a great weekend!

Tobey

Old 05-25-2002, 11:51 AM   #9  

Hey there:

Hope your weekend is starting out good. I just can't seem to wake up today for some reason. I don't have many plans this weekend. I want to hit the used book store and I have to pay bills and clean house. Oh, visit the grocery store to. Doesn't sound very exciting, does it?

Tobey, thanks for pm'ng me with that info. I'm going to print it out today and read it over. Sounds like you had a great day yesterday. You've got a great attitude. I'm sure that additude has been key to your healthy lifestyle. My MIL is planning a shindig for our 25th. I really didn't want that, I've never been one who likes a big fuss. But it will be just family which is ok with me. I guess I should get some compensation for being married to my dh for so long, dont you think. Oh and for being in his family. I'm doing a little better with the depression. I'm just trying to be more positive.

Skeeter, Oh, I sure hope FL starts getting more rain this year. It must be awful waking up and smelling smoke in the air and worrying about it all the time. I remember parts of CA posting signs about not throwing out cig butts or anything else that may be flamable because it was so dry there and the risk of fire was very high. Its finally warming up here again. I keep telling those rain clouds to head down to FL. We've had rain come thru during the night and was told it was really heavy but I didn't hear it at all. The flooding is subsiding finally. I'm really glad we don't have a basement cause everyone we know who has a basement has had 3-4 feet of water. There have been several homes that just washed away because of the floods. Thats really sad. Most didn't have time to get their belongings out either.

Jen, hey, if you want more yard work, we'll gladly let you come and take care of ours to. I may just have to go out and buy some flowers this weekend and pretty up the yard a bit. I like the interesting plants myself, different from the norm.

Well, I'd better get my fanny moving. Take care everyone.
Old 05-25-2002, 03:45 PM   #10  

Well, I made the time to come in and post again. The Kid Rock concert last night was pretty good. My ears are still ringing terribly. Someday I won't be able to hear a thing! He does a wide range of music, hip-hop, hard rock, country, blues. He did a few cover songs, Led Zepplin, the Supremes, and the Dukes of Hazard theme song. Something about Kid Rock doing the Supremes was very odd! Now I've seen in todays paper that Cher will be in town in September. She puts on a great show too. My shopping trip before the concert was alot of fun. I bought a few outfits. Really cute and trendy.

The weather here is still dreary today. We also got some rain during the night, it's cool and damp today. I think it's supposed to be warming up this week. It's about time!

Jojo- I still have alot of stuff I want to take care of in my yard. As soon as that is done, I'll drive on over! It could be awhile, though. Your weekend sounds better than mine, I have to work, even though only 4 hrs a day, I still have to be there.

Tobey- The inn you stayed at is beautiful. Just out of curiosity, if you're up at 5 to run, what time do you go to bed? I have a hard time getting to sleep before midnight. I have never tried juicing. Do you have one of the juicer machines?

Skeeter- I had to turn the furnace back on a couple nights this week. I would love to have it warm enough to need the a/c.

Well, I suppose I should go. I want to clean up my room today. I need to switch around the summer and winter clothes. Then, off to work.

Jen
Old 05-26-2002, 04:42 PM   #11  
Senior Chick

Talking

Hey Everyone

I hope you all are having a good holiday weekend. We stay close to home during most holidays because the traffic can be atrocious. We are having friends over tomorrow for a cookout and then we are going to the coast on Tuesday with friends from church. We are going salt water fishing in the Intracoastal Waterway. This will be a first for me although I have lived in Fla for over 30 years. I love to fish though and we will be under the big bridge in the shade. Sounds too good to be true.

Tobey~It has been getting into the high 80's the last couple of days and is supposed to reach 90 by Tuesday. I only agreed to go fishing because of the shade and it is supposed to be very windy on the coast this week. It might be too windy to fish but at least it will be cooler. Hope you are still warm up there.

JoJo~It just isn't fair. We can't buy rain and you guys are dealing with flooding. My dh is going out every day that the sprinklers aren't on and watering some of the plants by hand. We bought a couple more plants while we were at the flea market on Friday. We called them anniversary gifts so that we wouldn't feel guilty about buying more plants. We haven't had time to put them in the ground yet and probably won't until about Wednesday.

Jen~Glad that you enjoyed the Kid Rock concert. I think that I would enjoy Cher in concert if I were going to torture my ears. I saw her on TV the other day doing Elvis and doing it very well. She is definitely one very talented lady. I sure wish that I had some of your cold and rain and you could enjoy some of this heat.

Y'all have a good holiday. Have fun but stay safe.
Old 05-27-2002, 09:15 AM   #12  
American Chick!

Wink

Hoody Hoooo--
I'm still here, ladies; I just had one of those overwhelming periods in my life and needed a break from about half the things I was doing, and the internet was one of the things I dropped; I haven't even been on the computer for almost two months! I just went back and deleted all my junk e-mail; that, and Jeff tried to put a new fan in our "big" computer in the living room and now the thing won't even boot up; He got mad and started using the laptop, so I'm typing away on this little miniature thing. Hope everyone's well, happy, and thin!!! Did you all meet goal while I was gone, and don't need me any more?? I just weighed--152--so I've maintained, at least; I would like to get to 120, but that may not happen. I've given myself til the end of the year, cause it's coming off awwwwwfully slow now. We're leaving for Disney World on Friday, and will be back home June 8, so I'll TRY to check back at least once between now and the trip; the laptop is going with us, but I don't know if we'll have internet connections there, so I'll check in before we go. Oh, the ex and I go back to court July 22; we had a first go-round on April 22. Poor boy didn't make a very good impression on the judge!! She won't let him see the kids except every other weekend, and none at all during the week....he can only call three times a week, also. He wants a "full hearing in July" but I think she's done except for the child support. Which I don't care about anyway; I just want him to leave us alone! He's been very nasty since our first court appearance; things didn't go quite the way he planned, I think, and he still has no attorney and no job so I don't think they are going to go any better in July. Oh well, maybe we'll be done then.
Enough chatter! Love you all, and I think about you most every day, even though I needed an internet break! I'll blow in this week and catch up with you all.
Love,
Sally
224/152/I'm still hoping
Old 05-27-2002, 11:48 AM   #13  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Morning~~I can't believe you all have wrote on the board. I've not had a notice that anyone has wrote on the board since I wrote last and Jo Jo wrote. I come in and read her post and I haven't got another notice since then. They are falling down on the job. I've been very busy, still working on the bedroom. The carpet layer hasn't come yet. I've had that carpet on my truck for a week now. He says he try to make it tomorrow. We went fishing this morning but nothing was biting. I'm down another 3 pounds, but I don't have time to scan the paper clips.

Jo Jo~~Bless your heart, I hope your over being depressed by now. I hate it when I get to feeling like that. I can't make myself do anything. I've already dropped one class, I just have too much to do right now. I dropped HP web page making. Was the puter classes you was talking about taking on the puter or in your town? How's hubby's job going? Are you beginning to get used to the class's?

Jen~~ I have to much to do that I'm not even going to try to get it all done. I did get my flowers out and they have taken hold now. They haven't got a lot of sun lately. I really haven't been following my food plan that close, but I have cut down on the amount of food I'm eating. I wish I'd get on my food plan, I'd lose a lot faster. Glad you enjoyed the concert so much. As for as cloths, I need some bad, just need to set a side everything else and set down and do some sewing.

Tobey~~ I guess everyone weather is messed up. It has been down right cold here. Last week it was down into the low 40's at night. It has started to warm up just yesterday. I'm expecting it to turn hot as can be in a couple of weeks. Glad you had a good vacation. Hubby is suppose to be on vacation this week but he's going back to work tomorrow and take it maybe next week. The lake had dropped down to 3 feet above normal but it's coming back up now. The picture you posted of the 5 little girls is so cute. There is a lesson in PI that I might could use that in, so I'm stealing it.

Skeeter~~I still hope to learn to make a web page, but not right now. PI classes has me over working my tiny little brain now. Some of those tutorials are hard to follow. I'm not a person that follows instructions too well. I skit instructions and tackle what ever it is to do. But PI is a little different. If nothing else I will learn to follow instructions. I've been deep sea fishing before out of Galveston Texas. We went out 50 miles. It was very interesting to say the least. I caught a Great White Shark, the helper killed it as soon as it hit the deck. I hope you catch a bunch of fish. Is Hubby going to fish?

Sally~~BOY~~good to hear from you, I thought we had lost you for good. I know how you felt, sometimes things just gets to where you need a break from everything and everyone. Glad to hear you didn't gain any weight back, thats good girl. What a shock, you X didn't get full custody of your girls. He's lucky he gets to see them at all. Me thanks he's a loser!!!! Have a great time on your vacation next week. I guess we will be on vacation too. I wish we would load up the RV and take off for a week.

I'm sure you all have been hearing the news about the barge hitting the pillow under the bridge and all those cars falling into the water. Thats about 40 miles from my house. I've crossed that bridge many times and I've even fished under it. "Keep you eye on that bridge Skeeter. At that point 3 rivers has run together and then it is called the Ark. river. I live 15 miles from the Vertigres river, it's the one that the navigation channel is build on, or where it starts just outside of Tulsa. It runs all the way to New Orleans. We have talked about taking a boat all the way down there. That river has lock and dams on it. Grand river is the river that supplies the lake I live close to, and of course the Ark. river. They all run together not for from the dam I told you about going to on Mother's day. Can you imagine what a shock that would be just to all of a sudden drop into a river like that. The river is really up right now because of all the rain, and it's very muddy. That is the reason Hubby is going back to work and not taking his vacation this week, because they've shut off the water from Keystone lake which the Ark. river feeds and Fort Gibson lake which I live close too. They have to stop all the water they can so they can get the bodies out. Can't win for losing with the fishing this year, but it could be worse, I could be at the bottom of the river. Better run and work on a PI lesson.
Old 05-27-2002, 01:58 PM   #14  

Good Monday Morning!

Well my weekend started off good and then went down hill from there. Saturday morning was very nice. I bake up a nice batch of yummy FF carrot muffins. Then dh and I packed up a breakfast picnic and headed of to a beautiful park on the lake. It was really quite romantic. That was the high point of our weekend. Shortly after we got back, the hot water tank to our building went and we have been with our hot water ever since!!! So of course the weekend laundry did not get done and we had to boil water on the stove just to do dishes. And bathing??!!! Sunday I ran 10 miles and then came home and a sponge bath. Not fun!! At least this morning, I hit the gym before work and was able to shower there. Rumor has it that it should be fixed today. It dang well better be!! Especially since our rent is going up for the second time in a year. GRUMBLE! GRUMBLE!

Jojo: I try to have a positive attitude but it isn’t always easy. Our hot water problem has turned me into a down right nasty B*TCH! Just ask poor dh. You should let your in-laws make a big fuss over the both of you! You’re right you deserve it. Did you get anything good from the used bookstore?

Jen: Have your ears stopped ringing yet? Sounds like you had a great time. Our weather is supposed to get better this week as well. I sure hope so!! I typically try to get at least 7 hours of sleep. So if I am up at 5:00, that means I am typically in bed by 10:00. I’m much more of a morning person than a night owl. I do own a juicer and love it. I can’t stand bottle juice any longer. I love using for both fruit and vegetable juices. I highly recommend them – other than they can be a real pain to clean. The trick is to rinse it immediately after use (before you even take a sip of your juice!).

Skeeter: I don’t blame you for sticking close to home on the long weekend. That’s why last weekend (the Canadian holiday) we left early Friday morning. Traffic was actually okay then. Your outing to the coast sounds nice. Sunny with shade and wind sound ideal. Our temps are getting warmer but this is still a cold wind that cuts through you. You never know how to dress when you leave the house.

Sally: So glad to hear from you! We have missed you. I know what its like being banished to the laptop. You do get used to it though. Congrats on doing so well with your weight. Your girls must be getting so excited about the Disney trip. Do have any extra room for me in your luggage? I’m glad that the judge saw your ex for the jerk that he is. Although it doesn’t sound like he is very good at hiding it. I’m sure he’ll get what he deserves in the end – NOTHING!

Marlana: Congratulations on a 3-paperclip loss! Woo Hoo. I can’t believe that the carpet layer hasn’t come yet. Then again, I probably can. Sounds like you are one very busy lady. I’m hoping that it gets hot here soon. Although this weather has been good for running in. I couldn’t resist that picture of the little girls either. It kind of reminded me of all of us – a lifetime ago. I was reading about the barge in the paper and then when I saw where it happened I was thinking of you. What a horrifying accident. I can’t even imagine what those people went through.

Well I guess that’s all for now. I have my fingers crossed that we have hot water by the time I get home from work – I really need to shave my legs! EEEEWWWW too much information.

Hope all my American friends are enjoying their holiday while this poor Canadian sits at her desk working (?) away.

Tobey
Old 05-28-2002, 10:49 AM   #15  

Hello All

It is really a beautiful morning here. The sun is out, the birds are singing and it is warm. Which is a surprise because Tuesdays are normally miserable - of course that is because that is the night I have rowing. Rowing is getting to be a lot of fun (and hard work). We are finally allowed to move away from the dock! We still aren’t very coordinated yet but they say that comes with time.

Well the bad news is that we still don’t have hot water yet!!! Can you imagine going 72 hours with out hot water? Poor dh had to call a friend last night and ask if he could come over to use their shower. How pathetic is that? I have a pile of laundry a mile high and the dishes are starting to pile up as I can only do them in small batches by heating some water on the stove. I’m starting to feel like a caveman not a city girl.

Well no one else has posted yet and I don’t have anything else nice to say so I had better end it here.

Ciao!
Tobey
Closed Thread