South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-13-2009, 06:17 AM   #1  

Default South Beach Website

Hi there. Just wondering if anyone who has joined the south beach diet website, if you find that you use it alot and if it's worth it? I really rely on these boards, but wonder if I should take it a step further and join for the tools they offer.
Thanks,
Tina
tinadago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 06:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

tinadago, we have the very same information here, and it's all free.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 06:32 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Here's one of the old threads with opinions. I'm sure the rest of the Beachies will pop in with opinions. Most of what is offered is available here in the stickies in the FAQ Section.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:59 AM   #4  
Maintenance May 2011

S/C/G: 312/149/150

Height: 5'6"

I started SB a few months ago and joined their website as part of a good introductory offer (one month + the supercharged book). I was unfamiliar with the plan and thought it was a good idea.

For those just starting SB, their daily menu suggestions can be very helpful. The boards are very friendly w/o much of the usual snarkiness found on some other commercial diet boards. The boards are pretty much self moderated. I've grown close to the 100+ group and continue to post there.

The weight loss tools can be found here and on a lot of other free sites. Same goes for many of the recipes. The main con is that it is probably the most user-unfriendly site I've ever used with many continual bugs.

If you wanted to check it out, just read the fine print and be aware of your join date and if it's not for you, then you can always cancel. HTH
mizski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: -0/-5/-47

I just left that site. I found it clunky, disorganized and full of annoying bugs. I asked for help with the website bugs numerous times and got no response. It made me feel like the owners didn't value us enough to provide a more convenient and comfortable experience.
readhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:04 AM   #6  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I don't use the website, but somewhere I signed up for the daily e-mail they send out. Most of the time it's just promoting SB diet, but sometimes they have good recipes and tips.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote