Weight Loss Support - 2 small victories today

View Full Version : 2 small victories today

jademarlene
02-12-2009, 09:00 PM
As soon as I walked into the office today I was face to face with fresh bagels and cream cheese, waivered for a minute, went to the frig and got the fat free sugar free yogurt, woo hooo. Walked to the back to hang up my coat and there sat a big heart shaped valentine cake with thick icing and sprinkles, it smelled so good. Stood there and stared at for a bit, got a spoon and sat at my desk and ate the yogurt. I felt like I had just won world war III all on my own:carrot:

CountingDown
02-12-2009, 09:14 PM
:congrat: Fantastic! And, for the record - it gets easier, the more you say no to those things. I had to make a rule for myself - no "free" food at work!

time2lose
02-12-2009, 09:30 PM
Good for you! It can be so hard to resist those temptations that are right in front of you!

munchievictim
02-12-2009, 09:32 PM
Gosh you're stronger than me! Just reading about it made me groan out loud.
I'd have jumped face-first into that cake!!
haha way to go, you. :hug:

inspired by you
02-13-2009, 12:01 AM
Good for you! Just goes to show that temptation will always be just around the corner waiting to strike, but its how we choose to handle it that counts.

sws19
02-13-2009, 12:17 AM
i would've jumped face first into the bagels.
the free food in my office is frequently my downfall.

jahjah1223
02-13-2009, 12:20 AM
Congrats! you have more will power than i do

tkm256
02-13-2009, 12:35 AM
Yay you! I'm always tempted by free cake or fresh-baked cookies...but then when I eat them my mouth feels all sticky and my stomach feels bloated and empty at the same time and I wish I hadn't :( The yogurt probably lasted you so much longer.

Umberto
02-13-2009, 05:59 AM
i think i could have avoided the cake but i would definitely have scarfed the bagels. I'm sure i could have rationalised them as health food... :P Well done!

Onmyway
02-13-2009, 08:44 AM
Way to go! :cheer:

flatiron
02-13-2009, 09:05 AM
I am another you are stronger than.... my weakness is free food still! LOL! I probably could have resisted the cake but the bagels I would have eaten!

I am strong enough to resist BUYING bad food, but if it's free ... and it is there in front of me .... oh man not good!

ronni62
02-13-2009, 09:35 AM
Good job!:carrot:Eating healthy and on-plan just feels so much better, doesn't it? Keep up the great work!

bargoo
02-13-2009, 10:25 AM
Congratulations!

corazonas
02-13-2009, 11:32 AM
wow thats so so awesome!!! i bet you licked that yogurt cup CLEAN... haha

congrats!!!

Operator265
02-13-2009, 11:42 AM
Posts like this make me glad I get on a haul truck after the "Safety" meeting. I'm locked in and can't get to anything but what I packed before work. I'm OK on the pizza days. I can have a small slice and do well. I get in trouble on burrito Fridays. Beto's make the best breakfast burritos:drool: and one of the guys brings them for everyone.

Like most of the others, I would have been fine leaving the cake, but the bagels....OMG!!!!

Ya' done good Kiddo!!!:cp:

Lori Bell
02-13-2009, 11:52 AM
Terrific!!!!!!! TRUST ME when I say that it will taste 10X's MORE sweet (than a hunk of heart shaped cake) when you drop another dress size.

AngelMae
02-13-2009, 12:19 PM
Congrats!!! Heart shaped cake would be hard to pass up!! :bravo:

saef
02-13-2009, 12:45 PM
Good for you.

I find this hard, too, but I sat myself down & did some talking to myself. Among the things I said were:

There will be no more eating simply for economic reasons. What I mean is:

I will NOT eat something just because it's free.

I will NOT eat more because of an all-you-can-eat deal.

I will NOT eat two because of a buy-one, get-one-free deal, if just one will satisfy me.

I will NOT clean my plate just because I paid for it & worry about getting my money's worth.

I WILL throw out food if I need to.

I WILL pay MORE for a smaller portion size (despite the larger being cheaper per unit) if the big portion is too much at that moment, or if I can't allow myself to have more than one measured serving because I would finish the whole big container.

This is a struggle. I do not come from a wealthy family. My mother worked hard to instill a sense of thrift in me. In all other ways, I try to spend sensibly. But when it comes to food, I have decided to make a great big exception if it interferes with my health.

My deal with myself is, if it's not a healthy choice, then I don't care whether it's free or a good deal or whatever. Health reasons take clear priority over economic reasons.

Anyway, I am hoping in the end these decisions save me money in other areas. (It can be expensive to be fat & not healthy.)

jademarlene
02-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Thank you all for the encouragement, needed it again today, geez these people and there food, lol, today we had huge cupcakes and pizza. The good thing is no one there tries to talk me into "just one bite" or "take a little taste", that is when I have a real problem, I am better off without than trying to do a little.

Sofia
02-15-2009, 01:57 PM
Great way to resist the temptations. You did it when it was required the most. Just keep going and you are gonna meet your goals.