Height: 5' 7.5"

Default Boneless Beef Sirloin with Rosemary and Garlic

3 lbs boneless lean beef sirloin roast
1/4 cup fresh chopped rosemary
2 Tbsp chopped garlic
3 tablespoons cup Pure Olive Oil
Salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

1. Place meat on rack in roasting pan. Combine rosemary, garlic, and oil in small bowl; rub on meat, covering well. Let marinade in fridge for at least 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.

(I do not have a roasting pan or rack so I seared the meat on the stovetop in an oven safe pan on all 4 sides for 2 minutes per side, then put into a 350 degree oven)

2. Sear on center rack of oven 15 min; reduce heat to 350 degrees.

3. Roast meat about 20 min/lb until desired doneness. Check internal temp by inserting thermometer halfway into thickest part of meat. I left a thermometer in the meat and cooked to 136 degrees which was medium.

4. Transfer meat to clean platter; let rest 15 min. "Resting" allows juices to distribute evenly and remain in the meat, not all over the plate!

The recipe also calls for a gravy that I omitted.

I also trimmed some of the exterior fat from this meat and looked for the leanest piece possible.

Nutrition Info: Each serving (4 oz.) contains 325 calories, 1 g carbohydrate (0 g fiber), 40 g protein, 11 g fat, (4 g saturated fat)
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:47 PM   #2  
Busy Mommy

S/C/G: 218/181.5/130

Height: 5'7"

Thanks!
nicki rose98 is offline   Reply With Quote