South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-10-2009, 08:08 AM   #1  
Just Beachy...

S/C/G: 210/188/164 (mini goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default On-the-go Ph 1 breakfasts?

OKay...I am haivng a hard time this time around getting in breakfast, as our schedule has changed in the AMs. So...does anyone have any favorite Phase 1 on-the-go breakfasts that are NOT in the recipe section? Any tips?? I have already tried making the mini egg muffins several times but, for some reason, they are not coming out of the tin. So...those are out. Any other suggestions? TIA!
262mom2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Well, this IS in the recipes, so maybe you've tried it, but I like the chocolate cheesecake smoothie, it's quick to blend up and you can put it in a car cup and go. When I have to get to work early, I usually take stuff I can eat in the car - cheese sticks, hard boiled or deviled eggs, cans of V8, a bean brownie, raw veggies, butternut squash or other Ph1 compliant soup in the car cup, a pork chop or meatballs, if I've got some leftovers from dinner, lean luncheon meat rolled up with cheese, a BLT "wrap" made from turkey bacon, tomato, mayo, rolled in a lettuce leaf (this one didn't work so well in the car, but would be okay at the desk). My breakfasts rarely look like typical breakfasts anymore, even when I'm at home. If you start thinking out of the "breakfast box", you will come up with all kinds of ideas. Just think protein and veggies.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 02-10-2009 at 08:27 AM.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:32 AM   #3  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

As far as your egg muffins not working, are you spraying the muffin tins w/ Pam or some other cooking spray? Mine usually come out without a problem. You can also make casserole-like egg dishes and then pre-portion them and heat them back up as you go. And lastly, I really like the breakfast stacks from the yellow SBD cookbook. I make the patties in a group and then assemble what I'm eating the next morning with a big slice of tomato and slice of lf cheddar and freeze the rest. They're really tasty in the morning.
hmacneil6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

During ph1, I walked around with a spoon of peanut butter. Nuts are also an easy car food. Someone said deviled eggs. YUM!
Chelby29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:45 AM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Maybe Make your own Chicken nuggets/fingers you could "bread" them with Flax parmesan dried minced onion and whatever spices you like
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:23 AM   #6  
ovo-lacto vegetarian

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'8"

sometimes i eat this and just heat up a square in the microwave and put it on a napkin and run out the door.

Last edited by lentilbean; 02-11-2009 at 10:23 AM.
lentilbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/240/165

Height: 5'6"

I can plan ahead for snacks, lunch and dinner, but breakfast always slips my mind until I am walking out the door. Sometimes I scramble two eggs in a bowl and pop it in the microwave for a minute. Then I place a piece of cheeze and green chilis on top and head out the door. I know microwave eggs sound gross, but in a hurry they work. Or I grab a packet of tuna, celery sticks, and the jar of mustard. I mix it up at work. Boiled and deviled eggs sound great, I just never remember until it's too late.
Sunny Side Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

I boil a dozen eggs every weekend and keep them in the fridge. The kids hit them for snacks too and I sometimes put them in lunchboxes. If I've got energy, I'll devilize them, but if not, better not to eat the mayo anyway. Plus, they go faster that way. Having them on hand has saved me many times.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:31 AM   #9  
Jenny

S/C/G: 319/309/150

Height: 5'4

I made the jello cheesecake things (jello and yogurt) and froze them so I could take them out the night before and have them the next morning. Also, the breakfast cups (sausage and egg muffin things) are good and I froze those in portion as well. I put them in muffin paper things cause I was paranoid they would stick to my muffin pan (I bought one of those rubbery ones that is SUPPOSED to be non stick!!! )

Good luck!
elusivekoolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:52 AM   #10  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

My on-the-go breakfast/snack in P1 is a cheese stick and grape tomatoes. I pop a bunch of the tomatoes in a sandwich-size ziploc and fill it partially with water. Then I close the top almost all the way and pour the water out. That's it! I'm out the door and have an easy, pop-in-your-mouth meal!

Making a smoothie is also a great idea. I find FF cottage cheese adds body to yogurt smoothies. Just put yogurt, cottage cheese, ice cubes, and some SF syrup (I like the fruit flavors) in a blender and add milk, if necessary. Yum!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote