Momentum / Flex - Thinking of Joining WW

View Full Version : Thinking of Joining WW

Destiny2009
02-09-2009, 07:52 PM
I'm thinking about joining ww again. I got discouraged the first time I joined cuz the weight wasn't really coming off. Later, I found out I wasn't losing weight cuz my thyroid was inactive. I heard about the momentum program and I may get the cookbooks. I need some support. So, if anyone can help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Missy09
02-09-2009, 08:04 PM
Hi Destiny,

I joined Weight Watchers last month. The first week I lost 6.6 lbs. The second week I gained 1.2 lbs. I have been staying on program so they say that it is probably fluid. I have to admit it was a bit discouraging but that's how weight loss is, up and down.

I really like the Momentum plan. I find it easy to stick to. Actually the hardest part for me is eating enough to reach my daily points lol. I have the Now & Later cookbook. I haven't tried any of the recipes yet, but they all look great. I haven't really had an opportunity to look through the other new cookbook, but some of the members at my meeting said it is great.

Good Luck!

Destiny2009
02-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Are you talking about the new 20 Minutes Cookbook by ww? I am thinking about getting it from the link on amazon. I just hope this time I can lose the weight I want to.

Missy09
02-09-2009, 08:27 PM
I actually hadn't seen or heard of the 20 Minutes one. This is the one they're selling at the meetings:

http://www.amazon.com/Watchers-Momentum-Cookbook-Recipes-Keep-You/dp/B001OV2IG8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1234225565&sr=1-1

And here is the one that I have:

http://www.amazon.com/Later-Hearty-Recipes-that-Turn/dp/B001R1RS8S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1234225648&sr=1-1

Julie131
02-09-2009, 08:39 PM
I joined in November and have lost about 15 lbs. I love it, and have learned a ton about eating good and filling foods.

I am an online member and do not attend meetings (which works for me), but I encourage you to join and use the program that suits you. They have different options out there for you.

Good Luck!!!!

Destiny2009
02-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Congrats on your weight loss. I may give it another try. I love the fact that they motivate you. I don't have much motivation at home. Do you like the momentum program? Are the foods easy to make?

kestrel
02-10-2009, 01:47 AM
I joined in mid-September and am really glad I did, I'm doing the online program. Now I just wish that I had started it years ago!

Icandoit29
02-10-2009, 10:43 AM
I too am thinking about joining as well. I have done fairly well so far with losing almost 60 lbs but I've hit a bit of a plateau and need to focus on my eating habits as I think thats whats holding me back.

Does the momentum plan help with self control?

QuilterInVA
02-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Self control comes from you, not Momentum. It gives you the 9 healthy guidelines and how many points you should be eating everyday, but you are the one who has to put it into practice. It's all really about making choices to do the things that support weight loss and a healthy lifestyle or to make choices that don't.

primaballerina
02-11-2009, 03:30 AM
I have the 20 Minute cookbook and I LOVE it!! My favourite is the broccoli and cheese quesadilla- DELICIOUS, and only 3 points!! (and it has avacado!)

The recipes are really easy and don't require any uncommon ingredients, which I love. I got the cookbook at Costco for only $18.

Destiny- I think you'll find the food is convenient and quick to make, and the program also allows for convenience foods. I love to cook from scratch, but on days when I don't have time to eat breakfast at home, I take a fibre 1 bar and some fruit. It really does work for any lifestyle.

Icandoit- Congrats on your loss so far! Personally, I found that it does help with self-control to have a set number of points. Ultimately it's up to you, but I think it has helped me to spread out my calories over the day (i.e. I'm not going to eat this now because then I'll be hungry at dinner).

Good luck to both of you!

suitejudyblueeyes
02-11-2009, 10:01 AM
I have the 20 minute cookbook as well - must have missed that quesadilla recipe, it sounds awesome! I'll have to go look it up....

primaballerina
02-11-2009, 01:47 PM
Hi Suite, it's on Page 74- you must try it! :) I had 2 with sour cream and salsa, and it was only 7 points for dinner.

darindkny
02-11-2009, 09:28 PM
I just joined yesterday at a meeting. I think it is a very healthy way to eat, but I found I couldn't eat all my dinner! I made the chicken, broccoli w/ garlic sauce and brown rice for 7 points and I guess the other half will be tomorrow's lunch.

cdawnfine
02-11-2009, 09:36 PM
Weight Watchers is a great way to develope healthy habbits and loose weight. We come from a society where everyone wants the quick fix and easy answer. We seem to forget that weight loss is half mental. If we could all realize that it did not take us a week to get here, so it is not going to take us a week to loose it. I find the support of the meetings very helpfull I have learned a lot from my leader and all those that attend my meetings as well (and believe me I NEVER thought I would be a meetings type of person) Just remember weight loss is a journey so you might as well enjoy the ride and have fun.:carrot:

jfcatlover44
02-18-2009, 11:46 PM
The first time I did Weight WAtchers I lost about 18 lbs, and I felt it provided me the necessary structure to lose the weight.

thedawnster
04-15-2009, 12:15 AM
I am thinking of rejoining weight watchers. I joined several years ago, but had to stop going due to my job situation. Things have changed and I am thinking about starting up again. I do much better with the structure and support that weight watchers gives me.

Renacer
04-20-2009, 12:47 PM
I really love it! At first I was skeptical but in three weeks I lost 6.6

I love the Momentum Cookbook, so far I've made the "Apricot and Mustard Glazed Pork Roast" (pork!!) and it was delicious, my husband loved it.

I also made the "Cuban Style Shredded Beef and Rice" and I was so happy when I saw the recipe since this has been one of my favorite plates growing up...It's a fair imitation of the original recipe, I must say.

I really recommend WW to anyone that needs some discipline and the urge to break old bad habits...Like myself.:D

alc
05-07-2009, 04:41 PM
New to 3FC and not on any program yet. My company offers a discounted rate and holds the meetings here...but I've passed on the option in the past. My sister and mom tried WW and said it didn't work...but I tend to have no self control and neither do they so it's probably them that failed not WW. Maybe I'll check with the contact here and see when they are enrolling again.

MISSY09!!! LOVE your pic! I have two African Greys too....they are soooo fun!

melwolfe
05-07-2009, 04:51 PM
I and my daughter joined WW January 8 and so far I've lost 26.4 lbs. I really haven't had any trouble following it.

My hubby and I went away this past weekend and I had an ice cream cone and still lost 1.8 lbs at my Sunday weigh in. WW gives you flex points for extras and treats.

Since starting I have found so many great recipes and ways to lower the fat and calories in foods. I highly recommend the spaghetti in the week 1 book!

Whatever plan you decide to try I wish you luck!

Renacer
05-08-2009, 08:38 AM
I and my daughter joined WW January 8 and so far I've lost 26.4 lbs. I really haven't had any trouble following it.

My hubby and I went away this past weekend and I had an ice cream cone and still lost 1.8 lbs at my Sunday weigh in. WW gives you flex points for extras and treats.

Since starting I have found so many great recipes and ways to lower the fat and calories in foods. I highly recommend the spaghetti in the week 1 book!

Whatever plan you decide to try I wish you luck!

I really like that spaghetti recipe and my husband too! Also in the Momentum Cookbook they have a beef stir fry and a mustard and apricot pork roast that are delicious.