Weight Loss Support - I've fallen off the wagon...BIG time.

sheltielover
02-09-2009, 02:34 PM
after a 12.5 weight loss and making it thru saturday night at the best burger restaurant.. i lost it last night-- started w/ hubbys homemade pizza-- then, had chips and cheese dip- then popcorn w/ butter.

weighed myself this morning.. gained 5 lbs overnight.

so, im so disgusted.. that i just ate 2 more pieces of pizza and more chips/cheese.

i feel so worthless. god. i can't even stick to healthy eating for 2 weeks.. yesterday would have been 2 weeks.

my stomach is so bloated right now and im crying as i type this.

why do i do this to myself? i was finally fitting into my size 12 jeans and startin to feel a little attractive again.

i:(

kittycat40
02-09-2009, 02:42 PM
just get back on.... it's the only way :)

I am very familiar with that ba$tard called self sabotage also. you will kick it's butt.

just get back on the wagon... right now :)

choirgirlhotel
02-09-2009, 02:42 PM
oh lord, I was JUST wanting to post something so similar to this.

I have been really good for weeks now, and especially good for the last two weeks.

Last night we went to White Spot and although I had a grilled chicken burger with no sauce, etc., I had some sweet potato fries and then I had their sticky toffee pudding for dessert. Granted, I shared it with my boyfriend, but STILL.

So...feeling very guilty today, but ready to just move on. What else can you do?

Plus, you couldn't have gained 5 lb overnight, it's probably all water retention from all the salty food!

Don't worry, just start fresh today and never mind (at least, that's what I'm telling myself!) Life happens. Whateves. Let's just move forward.

~CGH~

corazonas
02-09-2009, 02:54 PM
get back up!! you know what you did wrong and you admitted that you did it to yourself. so now's the time to just suck it up and realize that one bad day isn't total failure. but the longer you keep trying to make yourself feel better with food, the longer it will take you to get where you're going!

so start right this minute. go make a salad, go run around the block, go lift some weights... whatever you need to do. you can do this! i believe in you! we ALL do!!

rachinma
02-09-2009, 02:56 PM
Drink lots of water. Eat mostly veggies and lean protein for a week and you'll be OK.

Buckeye
02-09-2009, 03:05 PM
We fail so we can learn from our mistakes. You can't take it back so...chin up, shoulders back and move on.:D You can do it!!!

futuresurferchick
02-09-2009, 03:13 PM
Yeah, you did not gain 5lbs overnight, it's probably just water retention from all of the salt. This is a minor blip and happens to everyone... just get back on now!! You can do this.

sheltielover
02-09-2009, 03:27 PM
thank you everyone- i had already canceled my workout w/ my friend at 4pm b/c i couldnt face the treadmill- but i just called her and said its BACK ON. thank you... i really needed to know people were out there right now. thank you for taking the time to help a stranger.

futuresurferchick
02-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Way to go Sheltie! I'm so glad to hear you're getting back into it. THIS is what weight loss is really about--picking yourself up when you fall and keeping going. That's the "meat" of this process. You just met your first challenge! You could have quit, but you're not going to. Go show that treadmill who's boss.

MrsWolf
02-09-2009, 03:32 PM
:hug: :hug: :hug:

Don't give up! I used to do this all the time... give up when I had a bad day. I used these failures as an excuse to not have to do the work. Don't fall for that trap. One bad day does not a diet ruin.

I have a mantra I use on bad days... "Fall down seven times, get up eight"

It's not falling down that leads to failure. We ALL fall down. It's staying down.

:coach:GET UP!!!!! You can DO this! I believe in you.

Peace, Heather

Edited to add: Way to go!!!!!!

AmberE
02-09-2009, 04:19 PM
Don't give up! You should really read this. http://avidityfitness.net/2008/02/01/no-excuses-for-fat-loss/ I posted it up a while ago and people really like it. It really inspired me to push my self.

sheltielover remember hust because you messed up doesn't mean you have to give up. Being all or nothing is what gets us in trouble. Good luck

midwife
02-09-2009, 04:29 PM
Everyone messes up. Everyone. But the difference between the people who reach their goals and the people who don't is whether or not they get back on their plan. You control your next move.

krock614
02-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Just pick yourself up and start back. You can do this. Like everyone else said sodium will kill you with water weight. Just get back on track.

choirgirlhotel
02-09-2009, 05:15 PM
I have a mantra I use on bad days... "Fall down seven times, get up eight"

Weird! I just learned this quote last week from my Japanese friend!

~CGH~

Buttercup
02-09-2009, 07:42 PM
:hug:Don't give up! I was feeling the same way today. I late night ate last night and then went to lunch with my daughter and had nachos!!! Why? So I was feeling crappy and then I get encouraged from everyone here and hope you do too. I am also headed to the gym now!!!!

gymlee
02-09-2009, 08:04 PM
As everyone said, you gotta get back on plan and keep going. I just came off a week off plan when it came to eating where all my days were 2000 cals + each day (some even close to 3000 :yikes:) and I was pissed! I couldn't seem to get it under control and I wanted to give up to. It's normal to have all these feelings but I wasn't about to continue to stay off plan because it's like this quote/analogy Jillian Michaels tells people that when going off plan "It's like getting a flat tire. You're not going to get out and go slash the other three tires are you? No! You're going to get out, repair the flat, and keep going." That's what it's all about. You just gotta get back on course as soon as you realize it and then you're fine. And you're doing just that and I think it's amazing. Great job and keep going! And remember you're only human. :)

flatiron
02-10-2009, 10:20 AM
Yeah, you did not gain 5lbs overnight, it's probably just water retention from all of the salt. This is a minor blip and happens to everyone... just get back on now!! You can do this.

I was just going to say that it is impossible to gain 5 lbs in one night unless you swallow a bowling ball! :D

I agree it is all that sodium! It's water weight!

KEEP GOING YOU CAN DO IT!

I slipped 2 weeks ago and gained weight after losing for 8 consecutive weeks!
I just got back on track and lost weight the next week after I slipped!

You can do it too! You just have to get back on the horse! :carrot:

Lori Bell
02-10-2009, 11:31 AM
ditto to what everyone else said. I would also like to add that you have learned two very important lessons here. So this is not an entirely bad situation. First you learned to never weigh yourself the morning after a mini-binge, because the water retention from the extra sodium depresses you and causes you to have another mini-binge. So *If* this happens again, get back on track ASAP and don't weigh yourself for a few days.

Secondly this taught you how cruddy your feel after a slippage. Next time you reach for that pizza or nacho dip... STOP and think how about how you felt this time. Remember that "Failure" feeling you are having. Remember the tears, remember how terrible you felt. If you ran your bike into a brick wall, and you hurt yourself, you won't purposely do it again would you? I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be riding NEAR a brick wall. You might have to stay away from trigger foods...they are YOUR brick wall.

Hang tough friend. xoxo

RN BSN 2009
02-10-2009, 11:33 AM
Yup. Don't turn a one day binge into a one week or one month binge.

Scarlet
02-11-2009, 02:32 AM
What a good thread, I really needed this...it is so important to get back on track when you eat off plan, that's what I'm trying to do right now...it is one of the hardest things to do, but we can make the decision and stick with it--we are powerful people!! Good luck...

sheltielover
02-12-2009, 10:19 PM
well, you are ALL my guardian angels... thank you thank you thank you for the support.

im happy to report that it's now thursday and im back down to 180- the weight I was before the Binge. And I feel more in control than ever-- partly b/c of your comments that brought me back to reality.

thank you-- you are my angels this week. in the past years i just would have lost it that day and then continue on the same path.

thank you for your wisdom.

Aimee

mygritsconfessions
02-12-2009, 10:21 PM
Great thread and great advice! I am glad I snuck in here and read your supportive comments.

Sheltielover I am glad your back on track too! Congrates on the 180!

Sandy

blog - www.mygritsconfessions.com

sheltielover
02-12-2009, 10:24 PM
thank you Sandy! :) Thank god for this site and support!

x0me880x
02-13-2009, 07:40 PM
The faster your get back on, the easier it will be to continue and lose that 5lb. The only thing eatting more junk food is going to do is make it worse, it will not help. Good luck, clearly you can do it. 12lb may not seem like it, but it really is alot!

horsey
02-15-2009, 01:07 AM
Me too, got off wagon just a few weeks and gained like 5 lbs, I don't know how. Went on vacation and ATE but not that much... maybe it's partly salt. Maybe if I eat clean a few days I'll weigh in better. Back to my Body for LIfe planning, daily planning and journaling is the only way I can stay on track. Good thing I'm broke, I can't afford another vacation or eating out!

tkm256
02-15-2009, 11:20 AM
Yesterday being Valentine's Day, I think I broke the wagon :p Starchy-buttery-sugary heart-shaped pancakes with my sweetie for breakfast, pizza for two for lunch, and LOTS and LOTS of sweets at night. Made chocolate covered strawberries for nibbling during the obligatory romantic movie (My Man Godfrey--gotta love the classics), then of course I couldn't leave the extra melted morsels alone and had to mix it with shredded wheat and powdered sugar for more munchies....

I think of it as fueling my body for an extra-long run today. Self-deception can be a good thing.

Sofia
02-15-2009, 01:46 PM
Sometimes things go wrong to the extent of disbelief. It happened with you too. Just a little let off and you are back with your pounds. One needs to be careful in carrying out the way you are expected to do . Just a relaxed phase would put you in jeopardy again.
"Fall down seven times, get up eight" seems to be a better choice.