100 lb. Club - Accountability/Planning/Menus: Feb 9-15

GirlyGirlSebas
02-09-2009, 09:22 AM
Do you need a place to be accountable? Does sharing your plan or your menu help you stay on track? Then, this is the place for you! Please come join us.

GirlyGirlSebas
02-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Hi Friends,

I lost my way for a bit, but I'm back on track this morning. I just needed to remember the reasons why I'm doing this and remember my goals.

Today's plan: 1800 calories tracked on TDP and a 1 hour date with Mr. Treadmill.

Have a great on-plan day!

Numina
02-09-2009, 10:01 AM
Oooh, Rhonda -- that sounds so romantic! But at least you can say your date makes your heart pound and your hands sweat, right?

:D

I stayed on plan over the weekend --- barely --- and need to be better focused this week. So, beside the treadmill and the water, I need to clean out the kitchen. (Isn't it amazing how those bad food creep back into the house?)

B: oatmeal, yogurt
S: grapefruit
L: salad, ww toast with laughing cow
S: apple
D: chicken, asparagus, brown rice

Hope everyone gets off to a great start this week --- lots of water, sweat and on-plan eating!

mj5
02-09-2009, 10:25 AM
Hi everyone! A good start for today, so far! I got up and actually did my hair and took my time w/ my makeup. Shocking how much of a difference a little lip gloss can make!

Plan for tonight is arms/shoulders and cardio. My knee is sore again (still?), but I have to stop using that as an excuse. I know that sounds odd, but my knee is to the point that it is going to hurt if I workout or not. The trick is finding the balance so that I don't make it hurt "more". Stupid knee!

The scale is up a few lbs this morning, but TOM is here, so I am hoping that's all it is.

Have a great OP day everyone!

Gotta go fill my water bottle again!

Schmoodle
02-09-2009, 11:19 AM
Morning chicks! Starting off the week with a sick kid. When I woke DS this morning he was burning up. He was actually very disappointed to stay home because they were going to the movie theater today as an honor roll reward. On today's agenda is cleaning up my office and picking up a few things at the store. Should be a pretty peaceful day.
Here's my plan:

B: oatmeal with peanut butter, chai tea
S: mozzarella cheese stick
L: lentil peanut stew and spaghetti squash deep dish pie
S: NSA fudgesicle, half a grapefruit
D: meatballs and sauce over cauliflower "rice"
S: ricotta creme

Hope everyone had a nice weekend and is getting the week off to a good start!

Trazey34
02-09-2009, 11:23 AM
Rhonda - have I told you how much I love your new picture & haircut??? it's awesome!!! you look so pretty!!

Now...to business...

Br: coffee, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, Kashi bar & 1/2 a pear
Sn: other 1/2 of pear
Lu: lower fat version of mac & cheese /w W.W. pasta etc., small salad, piece of fruit
Dinner: dinner out tonight @ Montana's but I always get the small steak, side of veggies and for a splurge, a small side of coleslaw! hahahah How the mighty have fallen!!! I used to love the bloomin' onion, baked potato - stuffed with bacon & cheese and sourcream hahah now some coleslaw is the big splurge LOL

no snackies after all that :)

mj5
02-09-2009, 08:47 PM
Hi everyone! I did my planned workout tonight! Yippee! Yes, my knee hurt walking out to my car and even on my way into the gym. BUT, the stuff I did, did NOT make it worse (at least so far!). Now maybe I can start to get it through my head, that if I am 'smart' at the gym, I can workout, even when my knee hurts!

Schmoodle--Poor DS, hope he's feeling better!

Trazey--Mm, sounds good! I know, isn't it funny what a "splurge" is now...the thought of a bloomin' onion makes my tummy hurt now (and I used to love them!).

Beverlyjoy--How did you do today? How's the foot?

Ok, I am off to snuggle w/ the dogs and wait for dh to get home. I am not sure if I am getting a cold or early allergies...

cfmama
02-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Hello my friends! I got my TOM yesterday so this morning showed 303 on the scale... doh. I know it's just water. Been totally on plan now for 134 days!!!!

Today's plan, calorie cycling at 1700 average but today is a 2000 day

B- 1.5 cup plain shredded wheat, banana yogurt and clementine
L- 2 3oz salmon fillets, 1 cup brocolli, 1 oz cheese
s- 3 sour dough wasa, 3 T hummus, clementine
D- Chicken fajita's with lots of veggies
s- popcorn and fruit source bar

Numina
02-09-2009, 11:54 PM
Hey, Schmoodle: I hope your son is feeling better. And how ironic that he has to miss the honor roll movie – totally typical. I hope you did indeed have a nice peaceful day.

Trazey: So how was dinner at Montana’s? It sounds like a lot of fun! And good for you for finding a way to enjoy the restaurant without blowing your plan completely to Heck!

YAY MJ5! I am so glad to hear that you can continue with the gym without aggravating that knee. Be careful and take it a little slow, OK? Sounds like you are starting to get sick, yes? Drat! Hope you feel better soon.

CFMama: On plan for 134 days??! Good grief, lady --- there is no stopping you, is there? High fives! :high: And yes, those 2 pounds are very temporary. It is frustrating, but you know their days are numbered. We should have a cyber-party when you hit 150 consecutive OP days!

See everyone tomorrow.....

nicolen
02-10-2009, 12:42 AM
Hi guys,

Just to let you know I've been hit with a fairly nasty vomiting type bug which is why I haven't been around for the last couple of days. I've actually managed to eat today and am hoping to get back to work and back to normal tomorrow. Well, that's the plan anyway.

I've lost so much weight, but I'm not updating anything since it's not the good kind of weight loss and most of it's probably going to go back on as my eating gets back to normal.

It's funny - I never get colds or flus or anything like that, but any kind of tummy upset and I catch it. Such is life really...

Numina
02-10-2009, 01:22 AM
Glad to hear you are starting to feel some better, Niclole --- hope you are back to 100% very soon. Maybe when you toss off the stomach complaint it will take a few extra pounds in its suitcase. At any rate, rest --- we will keep your water bottle nice and cold for you.

:getwell:

cfmama
02-10-2009, 01:25 AM
Numina! We totally should. That would be much awesomeness!

Nicolen: I lost like 5 lbs last week with that tummy bug and it's stayed off. The key is ATTEMPTING to stay hydrated ... *big hugs*

Beverlyjoy
02-10-2009, 07:54 AM
Hi chicks - Well - my performance and morning went very very well. I picked up my good friend Sally. She got all of my 'stuff' out of the car, including the wheelchair. She 'wheelied' me in to my performance spot and then brought in the rest of my stuff. Some of the teachers were a bit shocked and surprised to see me coming in a wheelchair. But, it was just fine. I am so, so grateful for my friend Sally helping. Today - my DH is taking a day off of work to help me. I have a tall chair (lightweight 'bar chair' from which I did my performance) it keeps me sitting up high - as if I was standing. So children in the back can see well too. They asked about the brace on my foot and explained. It went fine. Whew....

I have been absolutely dreading using the wheel chair. I hope that getting over this hurtle will help me to get back to food sanity.

all day at a church preschool today - two performances - dh helping

breakfast - egg white scramble, pnb toast, banana
lunch = pnb & honey sandwich, apple sauce
snack - apple, toast
dinner - tomato soup, grilled cheese, celery
snack - oatmeal, milk, raisins

I'll be back to catch up.

Have a great day.

mj5
02-10-2009, 09:27 AM
Good Morning! I have that 'good' kind of sore feeling this morning in my arms and shoulders. Gotta love that! Sick, I know! LOL! My knee isn't any worse, so that's the really good news!

cfmama--You ROCK! The scale is up for me for the same reason, it's ok, it will go away soon!

Numina--Yes, me too! I will be careful...it's the whole mental thing (isn't it always?!)...Luckily I have had an awesome ortho and PT who have taught me a lot! Yea, I think I am getting a cold. I feel better than when I first got up this am, but still not great.

nicolen--Hope you are feeling better very soon!!!

Beverlyjoy--I knew it would go well yesterday for you! Sometimes thinking (and stressing out) about something is much worse than the actual "thing" Good luck today and have fun...I know you will!

Plan for today is for legs/back (weights) and cardio. I am FINALLY going to start cleaning my office today. I am going to be moving into a different office soon and I do NOT want to move all of this stuff! Even if I do a little bit each day, at least I will be working on it!

Have a great OP day!

Do you have your water bottle? Does it have any water in it?

Schmoodle
02-10-2009, 10:27 AM
No news from the office, so I guess I am still "unemployed" today. It's kind of stressful not knowing from day to day if I can plan to get things done, or if I will need to get back to work. Yesterday I did some filing and office organizing, and there's lots more of that to keep me busy today. Yesterday I had one kid home sick and today it's two. They're dropping like flies. Fevers, sore throats, nausea. For my kids, who never got sick and had missed less than ten days of school between them for all of elementary school, this is very unusual. We are not having a good school year in that respect. We'll see what happens over the next few days, but I picked up the paint and I've got my to-do list ready to go, if I have the chance (and don't end up sick).

I am loving freecycle. As I am emptying out my office, I post things, and a couple of hours later, here's someone at the door to take it away! I've gotten rid of 100 VHS tapes, 6 pairs of cleats, a Raven's jacket, and a girl scout sash so far this week. And yesterday I picked up a mug tree, right near the grocery store I needed to go to anyway. I've been looking for one for a while, but I don't think they make them anymore, then yesterday one popped up in my email. Meant to be!

Okay, here's the menu and then I'm off to start the organizing and supplying of chicken soup and flat ginger ale:
B: lentil soup, half a grapefruit, coffee with milk
S: crockpot pumpkin spice latte (new recipe)
L: leftover spaghetti squash pie, NSA fudgesicle
S: 1 cup dry cereal
D: curried butternut squash soup, lean ham slice, cauliflower "rice"
S: faux blizzard

Thanks for the reminder mj, as a matter of fact I have NOT filled up that water bottle yet!
BeverlyJoy, glad you had a good day yesterday. Have fun at the preschool.
nicolen, feel better soon. I know, nobody wants to lose weight that way!
Hey Rhonda, numiina, cfmama, have a great day!
Trazey, ha, my splurges these days look really different too. Hooray for lifestyle changes!

Redflame
02-10-2009, 07:01 PM
Hey girls, everyone here looks like they are being very good girls! way to go!

I am off line a little more than usual, have a new girl I am training, plus I am wounded a little, both physically and mentally. My knee is giving me a lot of problems, and now is causing back pain because of a change in my walking. And then last week I was spoken to in a PM on this site about something I had written and it is ALL I can do not to just rip into them and tell them what I really feel about their comment to me, but I have told myself I am not going to lower myself to that standard (no one on this thread!) SO I have distanced myself in order to make myself behave.........silly it may sound, but that is me and my messed up-ness LOL

I am staying on plan, even made a batch of homemade veggie burgers, they are fantastic! black beans, kidney beans, carrots, onion, mushrooms, a little oats--pattied them out and dredged in WW flour and fry them tilll crispy---kids loved them over turkey burgers! I frooze all the rest of the batch to have handy for dinners and what not.

mj5
02-10-2009, 08:10 PM
Hi again! I had a great workout tonight, again. I know I have said this a million times before, but I wish I could bottle this feeling to remind myself on the days I feel like I don't want to work out!

Schmoodle--I guess that does make it hard to plan! Oh no, I hope it doesn't go through the whole household. I am going to have to check out freecycle....I have lots of stuff to get rid of!

Redflame--I am sorry that you aren't feeling well. Take care of your knee and back--I know, easier said than done! As for that person, don't let him/her keep you away. Exactly, be the better person like you are. We miss you! Very glad to hear you are staying on plan...are you eating breakfast?

Something else I have tried to do the past two days is to switch up my snacks at work. Making sure I get a little more protein too...I made a little trail mix last night w/ some cashews, which I don't normally add. WOW! It totally filled me up! I feel like I am starting to find my groove again...but that's also my danger zone! I know I can do this!!!!

lottie63
02-10-2009, 10:04 PM
redflame, hope your knee and back get worked out and feeling betta!

mj5, that groove is the BEST place to be eh? :)

I have been sick starting yesterday. Had a fever of 102.6 last night and today, but I Recently took like 4 ibuprofen and took a cool shower and myfever is OFFICIALLY DOWN t 98.8, I am feeling TONS better and today is a 15 min workout day and I think I'm going to suck it up and do it while the fever is gone. Am I crazy? I should probably be resting but I have found I really LIKE exercising! I"m nuts, I know it. :P

lottie63
02-10-2009, 10:28 PM
Flexibility was todays reccomended focus on My Fitness Coach. I don't think I could have done anythign more strenuous, it hurts to breathe. But it felt pretty good :D Mostly yoga.

lottie63
02-10-2009, 10:38 PM
oops!

b: 2 slices bacon, 2 eggs, 2 pieces of double fiber wheat toast
s: banana and 1 tbls peanut butter
l: wheat pita pizza
d: wing wrap

cfmama
02-11-2009, 12:06 AM
Beverlyjoy- I'm glad that the performance went well and it looks like a great food day too!
mj5- how'd the office cleaning go??? I'm on my third liter of water today ;) And mmm... cashews!
Schmoodle- LOVE LOVE LOVE freecycle. Just gave away a bunch of fabric scraps today actually!!! Hope the kidlets are better soon!
Redflame- what the heck was that PM about? You should PM me and tell me ;) lol!!!
lottie- are you feeling a bit better now? I HATE fevers!

Today was a LONG daycare day. Babies here from 8 straight through till 5. I've got my period and my cramps are killing me. I need more ibuprofen.

Tomorrow is day 136 ON PLAN! And a 1900 calorie cycle day

B- 1.5 cups plain shredded wheat, 1/2 cup skim milk, 3/4 large banana
L- 3 large scrambled eggs, 1 oz mozza on 2 pc's sprouted grain bread and applesauce cup
s- clementine and 2 wasa with 2 T hummus
D- 1 cup yolkless egg noodles, 1.5 cups homemade extra lean ground chicken and cabbage "spaghetti" sauce, 1 cup steamed stir fry veggies
s- 2 wasa with 1 T peanut butter and 1 T raspberry jam

hmmm.. should be more veggies in there. I might change that tonight.

Have a great on plan day my friends!!!

Numina
02-11-2009, 12:56 AM
Hello, Bev! Why am I not surprised that you handled the whole wheelchair deal with grace and grit? I hope that the actual experience is a lot less problematic than what you were dreading. And it sounds like you have some great real-life support there; eating sanity can not be far behind! By the way, what kind of performing do you do, if you don’t mind my asking?

Glad to hear that the main soreness you are suffering is the good OP kind, MJ5. You certainly sound like you have the right mindset to forge a path in the gym without hurting your knee – and yes, I have a water bottle, but it is empty because I just finished my last liter for the night. :)

Oh, oh, Schmoodle, time to start mainlining the Vitamin C! Two sick kids sounds like a very busy Mom, especially with all the cool “recycling” you are doing. Hope your young ones recover very quickly, without sharing!

Ouch, Redflame --- both for your knee and for the social bruises. Don’t worry about the on-line message too much; I think things can come across a lot differently in print than we think they do and of course, sometimes people bring a lot of their own baggage to the table, as well. I sure have found a lot of good information in your posts, like this bean burger recipe. So take it all with a virtual grain of salt and don’t let it derail you one iota from your clear path to better health.

Lottie, I am impressed by your determination to stick to your plan. Don’t overdo it, though, OK? The sooner you are back to 100%, the sooner you can mash, crunch, pummel and otherwise destroy unwanted fat pounds that are freeloading at your house. Hope you get a good night’s rest (and better stay away from Schmoodle little ones or you guys will invent some wild new disease --- spotted duct-taped flank or something.) Get well!

Oh man, that sounds like a hard day, CFMama, even without the cramping. Babies are a lot of work! (as I recall…) I am really thinking that your next weigh-in post TOM is going to see you dancing in TwoCoolLand – have you given any thought to what you might do to celebrate that wonderful milestone?

I am finding that it is better for me to tell you what I DID instead of what I INTEND to do --- sometimes there is a world of difference between the two! And I just have more time in the evenings. So, today I did my treadmill thing and finished off 2 liters of water. I ate:

B: oatmeal, yogurt, almonds
S: 1/2 banana
L: salad with some tuna, apple
D: my chicken soup (heavy on veggies but no noodles)

Everybody get a good night's sleep so we are all powered up for another OP day tomorrow.

nicolen
02-11-2009, 02:32 AM
Hi lovelies,

Well, I was back to eating normally and I made it to work today. Yay! We're very busy at work - the company I work for is Australian owned and between Cyclone Ellie hitting Queensland and the bushfires in Victoria, they are absolutely frantic over there. From tomorrow we're going to be taking some of their calls to try and firstly help out the people in fairly dire straits and to ease the pressure on our staff. We all use the same system, so the basics of lodging the claims are going to be the same. Most of these people have only got the clothes on their back. We've been told that it's just going to be lodging the claims and making emergency payments to clients so they can at least get some clothing, hair brushes etc. It's going to be a hard few days, but I've got a house to come back to at the end of the day, which is a heck of a lot more than they do, poor things.

I'm still very tired - I guess it's going to take a few days before I come completely right, so it's an early night for me tonight. I'll go to the gym tomorrow, but I'm not going to push myself too hard. I haven't actually got to the gym since Saturday and I'm actually missing it. Hang on, who is this and what has she done with Nicole? ;)

Numina, go you! And thanks for keeping my water bottle cold!

Tammy, another mad day for you from the sounds of things! Sending virtual painkillers your way!

Beverly, sounds like you rocked that wheelchair, my love!

MJ, how did the cleaning go? A little at a time is a good idea.

Schmoodle, I agree, lots of Vitamin C for you. And good for you for getting rid of all your stuff!

Redflame, sending hugs. Sometimes a step back is the best thing when things get a little bit heated online. I've got another forum which I've temporarily exiled myself from because of some rather ignorant comments that a couple of people have made about a situation that they know nothing about and I know a great deal about. I know that if I respond at the moment, I'm going to be quite nasty and it's just not worth it. It's only the internet after all...

Lottie, I'm pleased you're feeling better! What is it with all of us and sickness at the moment? I think we've all had something in the last few weeks!

So the menu today was:

B - English muffin, vegemite, cheese

S - muesli bar

L - Chicken teriyaki, rice, stir fry

S - apple

D - chicken and vege soup and toast.

Talk about a comfort food day!

Have fun, everyone!

Schmoodle
02-11-2009, 09:10 AM
Good morning chicks,
One kid is back in school today (we'll see if he makes all day), and the other is still home and feverish. I'm not feeling so great, so I'm taking the day off work. If I feel better, I'll try to get some stuff done, if not I'll lay around and whine. It's supposed to be nice around here today, so maybe I'll do my whining in the backyard. I've got a Parks and Recreation Committee Meeting tonight, we'll see...
Just took DD's temp, 103.5!
I got a loooong email from my soon-to-be-ex SIL yesterday. Talk about walking through a minefield! Awkward...
Darn it, looks like I am going out this morning, I see DS has forgotten to take his lunch.
Sorry this is so stream-of-consciousness, maybe I am feverish too.
I do not feel much like eating, but I'll make a plan, just in case:
B: Lentil peanut stew, meatballs, coffee with milk
S: half a grapefruit
L: small chef's salad, butternut squash soup, NSA fudgesicle
S: skim latte, spaghetti squash pie
D: white chicken chili (may swap this out and do chicken noodle soup instead), spinach
S: NSA pudding

nicolen, that is a terrible situation in Australia. It's nice that you can feel like you are pitching in to help those poor folks.
numina, glad you are feeling better!
cfmama, that IS a loooong day. Hope your day today is easier.
redflame, I agree, sometimes it better just to step back. Things can easily get blown up out of proportion on the forums. Of course, you don't need to step back from us!
Try not to overdo lottie!
mj, mmmm cashews. I know what you mean about the groove being the most dangerous place to be. I tend to get too relaxed and overly-confident. Not that I've been there lately to know!

Have a good one chicks!

mj5
02-11-2009, 09:56 AM
Good Morning everyone! I am a little sore from my workouts the past two days, but that's ok...just my muscles letting me know they are there!

lottie--Hope you continue to feel better. No, you are nuts...it's funny I actually enjoy exercising too!

cfmama--Great job!!! Good luck today, you can do it!!!

Numina--Yea for drinking lots of water!

nicolen--So glad you are feeling better. I heard about the fires, but not the cyclone. WOW, those poor people.

Schmoodle--Hope everyone feels better. Yes, take a day to relax yourself!

The office cleaning has gone well so far! I was able to get through one file cabinet and my desk. Not sure if I will have time for more today, but there is always tomorrow!

Still feeling in the groove, but don't want to get over-confident--that's where things start to fall apart for me.

lottie63
02-11-2009, 01:24 PM
Okay. I got very little sleep last night. It sucked. Can not WAIT to not be sick anymore! Especially since I can't take nyquil or robitussin dm or anything. (I'm bipolar and they have opposite effects on me, I will stay awake for DAYS on nyquil!) it sucks! I just take handfuls of tylenol and hope for the best! LOL

b: grilled cheese with pickles
l: pepperoni lean pocket
s: banana w/ 1 tbls natural peanut butter
s: peach
d: white veggie pizza made on whole wheat pita

So today isn't the most nutritious day but I am still feeling a bit under the weather and just want quick foods. at least I got some fruit and veggies in there!

mj5
02-11-2009, 03:27 PM
lottie--feel better soon!!!!

I just bought TBL Weight loss Yoga dvd...it was $9.99, so I figured why not?! I probably won't have time to give it a try until the weekend, but I'll let you know...anyone else try it?

mj5
02-11-2009, 07:39 PM
Hi again! Just popping in quick to say that I DID go to the gym...I certainly starting thinking about going home early to hang out w/ dh and the dogs, BUT..HELLO?! I reminded myself about my 'groove' and dh and the dogs would be there after the gym! So, off I went. Phew, that was close!

Dumplin
02-11-2009, 07:39 PM
This sounds like fun and i think it could help so here i go....

B-Banana and Two Fig Newtons (ff)
L-Casa Cafe (Mexican Rest.) pretty high in cal. so I was careful at dinner
S- popcorn
D-Chicken Noodle soup----Lots of Water thoughout the day!!!!!

Redflame
02-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Welcome Dumplin! your smile is fantastic! (and let's just say right now.......that is not a 'you have such a pretty face' comment! We all know what I am talking about!)

Hey girls! Hope everyone is having a great day. Did anyone see the post and You Tube demo about that tabata work out? I think I am going to try that tonigt with my kids.

I still have TBL yoga and boot camp videos that I have still not watched because my kids have STILL Not found the remote for the STILL not working DVD player, so my arse is STILL NOT moving-----see how I can always blame something or someone else? I am evil!:devil:

I am feeling better today emotionally, but I just cannot figure out why all of a sudden I have been wearing my feelings on my sleeve. That is SO unlike me. I am tough, the strong one, the non-emotional, female boobs--male emotions (no I am not a trans gender or anything, my ex used to always say that to me, he was the emotional one, I was the strong one---I can't say what I called him in return, just use your imagination---or maybe you are better off not!

Today;

b--banana and nutrigrain cereal bar
s--grapefruit whole
l- weight watchers frozen dinner thing, 200 cals, WW toast with PB
d--salad with pico degallo, black beans, shrimp and avacado, ff sour cream and won ton chips (bake won ton wrappers, half a gram of fat for 18 chips!)

Trazey34
02-11-2009, 08:21 PM
I'm being a bit dumb today but i have a reason!!

br: cottage cheese/kashi bar, coffee
no snack
lunch: rare roast beef sammich on grainy bread with grainy mustard mmmm
no snack
dinner; soup

now that sounds like not enough food for a big girl like me, but i have a heart-shaped shortbread cookie with raspberry jam that i've been saving and planning for all day LOL it will be mine!!!

Crystallina 27
02-11-2009, 09:01 PM
i have a heart-shaped shortbread cookie with raspberry jam that i've been saving and planning for all day LOL it will be mine!!!

Oooh, how yummy!

Well, I'm glad for this thread, because it's very encouraging. So, if I may, I'll jump right in. My meal plan for today (and so far, so good!) is...

B: 1/2 c. nonfat cottage cheese on 2 slices of WW's whole grain toast
with 1.5 c. strawberries. Ice water for drink.
L: Turkey burger with a 1oz slice of provalone, tomato, onion, and mustard on
WW whole grain bread (This was the first time I've cooked with ground
turkey. I made a patty, sprinkled it w/ hickory salt, garlic salt, and pepper,
and pan fried it w/o grease. It was quite good.) Diet coke for drink.
S: Apple & a glass of water
D: 1/4 Meatloaf from WW cookbook, roasted veggies, iced tea w/ fake sugar

I also walked for 40 minutes today. It was a great day. =)

WormwoodDoll
02-11-2009, 09:37 PM
I just popped in here and cfmama GREAT JOB on being on plan for so long! I wish I could do it!

Numina
02-11-2009, 10:47 PM
Nicole: It’s good to be reminded sometimes how lucky we really are. I hope your company crew in Australia come through all right. Maybe we all picked up a computer virus? Looks like you had a good day planned --- was that chicken teriyaki as good as it sounds? I hope you got into the gym and I hope that the tiredness evaporates overnight.

Schmoodle: Sheesh, sounds like the creeping crud has invaded. Don’t forget to take of schmoodle in all this --- hope everyone is on the mend tomorrow. Good for you for sticking to your plan when everything around you is collapsing into chaos --- you must be a pretty organized person!

MJ5: Ah, ha! They almost had you! The little FatnNasties were whispering in your ear “you don’t need to go today, you are doing so well” but you powered right past them and into your workout. Good job! You should feel sore (in a good way) AND virtuous.

Dumplin: Hey, there! Welcome to the forum! Looks like you already of the hang of this, based on your eating plan AND on the fact that you are already adjusting the eating at one meal to accommodate high calories on a different meal. :welcome2:

RedFlame: Everyone is entitled to let someone else be strong once in a while. You are doing a fantastic job on the eating, so whatever it is certainly doesn’t seem to be interfering. Maybe you are just tired and/or tired of being the one everyone leans on? You don’t have to be strong with us, so vent to your heart’s delight. Let me know how the tabata workout goes --- it looked SCARY to me (think heart attacks, etc.)

Trazey: Now you have me hankering for a cookie of my own! :rofl: You seem to have a great handle on today’s food --- good planning! I have seen you on other threads, but I think you are new on this one, so WELCOME! I am finding the accountability a real help in staying away from the junk foods.

Crystallina: Another big WELCOME to the thread (I am not sure I have seen you on any of the other threads --- if not, then WELCOME to the whole 3FC experience!) Your food plan for the day looks really good! And good work on that 40 minutes of walking --- do you walk outside or on a treadmill? :woops: And it really IS a good day, isn’t it?

I had a pretty good day --- actually drank MORE than 2 liters of water, got my walkies on the treadmill and stayed on budget food-wise.
B: 2 WW toast with laughing cow, V8, grapefruit
L: salad with chicken and almonds
S: air-popped popcorn
D: leftover chicken soup, grapes

We are past the half-way mark in the week, now, so it's time to ramp it up. Pick out your favorite 'FIGHT" song and let it run through your head all day --- a beat to exercise to, an anthem to remind you of how far you have come, a threat to any diversion that tries to come between you and your best health. Have a wonderful day, all, and I will peek back in tomorrow evening!

Crystallina 27
02-11-2009, 11:28 PM
Crystallina: Another big WELCOME to the thread (I am not sure I have seen you on any of the other threads --- if not, then WELCOME to the whole 3FC experience!) Your food plan for the day looks really good! And good work on that 40 minutes of walking --- do you walk outside or on a treadmill? :woops: And it really IS a good day, isn’t it?

Numina, thanks for the welcome! This is my first day as a member.
I walked outside, since I have no treadmill. (But, strangely, I dreamed about treadmills last night. Maybe I've watched too many episodes of The Biggest Loser. LOL)

cfmama
02-12-2009, 12:58 AM
Hello Hello friends!!!!

Slightly better today. Phoenix seems to be getting a bit better (ear infection) and the period is easing off so it's all good :)

Numina: I think I love you :) lol! I love seeing you around on the boards. Your wit and attitude is awesome :) My song is 7 nation army. I'll belt it tomorrow in honour of you ;)

Nicolen: did you get some sleep? How busy was it there today? I've been reading about the fires in the news... scary!

Schmoodle: how are you feeling today? What about the kids? And scary ex-sister in laws... what's going on with that?

mj5: glad the office is coming along :)

lottie: just take care of you when you're sick. You're probably not going to eat enough to even come close to maintenance so eat what feels right and easy. Take care of you!!!

Dumplin: welcome welcome!!!!

Redflame: that tabata stuff looks killer! I think I'll give it a try tomorrow. Don't worry about wearing your emotions out there... it happens. *hugs*

Trazey34: I'm lmao about your cookie!!!! Was it good?

Crystallina 27: welcome! Your menu looks yummy!!!

Wormwooddoll: THANK YOU!!!!

Tomorrow day 137 TOTALLY ON PLAN!!! 1500 calorie cycled day

B- 1 cup on track protein cereal, 1/2 cup skim milk, applesauce cup
L- 1.5 cups homemade ground chicken spaghetti sauce and strawberries
s- full fat yogurt and kiwi
D- 1 cup chicken breast, stir fry of peppers, onions and garlic in olive oil, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1/2 cup green beans
s- fruit source bar

Have a great on plan day my friends! I'm on my third liter of water right now. Not sure if I'll get four in or not ;)

nicolen
02-12-2009, 01:44 AM
Hi everyone,

Yeah, today was pretty full on. All we did was lodge the claims and force through emergency payments - a forced payment is a payment made on a claim that hasn't been accepted. The system throws a bit of a tantrum when you do that and you pretty much need to force it to work through the warning and override screens. Management don't like us doing that, but in times like this, needs must really.

I made it to the gym and did about 45 minutes workout at around 80% of what I have been doing. Didn't think that was too bad, except when I went to get dressed after my shower, I realised I'd left my hairbrush at home! I finger combed my hair as best as I could, but it still looked a mess. Thankfully, I very rarely see customers face to face...

Some interesting news at work today - they've put a complete freeze on hiring new staff and any vacancies have to go past the CEO to see whether they should be filled. It's a sign of the times, but for my department it's a bit of a worry - we've got a high turnover, and we really can't afford to lose too many staff...

The temperature has taken a heck of a tumble here. I've actually got the heater on - it took the cat about a minute to realise that before he charged over and planted himself as close as he could to it. Strange weather - 30+ degrees on Monday to break out the heater type conditions by today.

Schmoodle, hopefully all the invalids will be better soon. How are you doing?

MJ, yay for being in the zone! Long may it continue!

Lottie, hope you're feeling better soon!

Dumplin, welcome! I'm looking forward to getting to know more about the lady behind that gorgeous, infectious smile!

Redflame. hope you're feeling better soon!

Trazey, sounds like good calorie management to me! Yum, shortbread!

Crystallina, welcome to you as well! Sounds like you're doing wonderfully well.

WormwoodDoll, welcome to you as well! Looking forward to getting to know you also!

Numina, great stuff! You're doing so well!

Tammy, you're an absolute legend. You really are. 137 days on plan is incredible.

The menu was:

B - English muffin

S - muesli bar

L - ham and salad roll

S - yoghurt

D - soup and toast.

Have an awesome day, everyone!

mj5
02-12-2009, 10:06 AM
Good Morning! I forgot to bring breakfast w/ me this morning, so I am making due with some snacks. I may run out to the store to pick up some fruit or something, but I do NOT want to go into the store hungry!!!

Dumplin--Welcome!

Redflame--No, I haven't seen that yet. I'll have to check it out. I wasn't brave enough to buy the boot camp dvd! Actually, I am not sure w/ my knee if I could do it. Find that remote!!! So glad you are feeling better emotionally. How's your knee?

Trazey--Mmm your lunch sounds yummy! How was the cookie? Hey, a girl has to treat herself once in a while, right?!

Crystallina 27--Welcome!

Numina--I know...BUT I didn't listen and I am SO glad!!! Awesome job!!! Great idea about the 'fight' song!

cfmama--So glad you are starting to feel better. 137 Days!!! CONGRATS!!!

nicolen--Good luck at work. Hope the hectic-ness settles down soon. Sounds like you had a decent workout to me. Our weather has been strange too...Spring-like for a couple of days and it's going to snow today.

Rhonda--How are you doing?

Beverlyjoy--How are you?

My knee is ridiculously painful this morning. Ugh. Hope I hear from the ortho's office soon about the surgery.

Today will make OP day #5 for me....yippee.

I am so glad I went to the gym last night. I won't have time to get there today, but I will do some stretching and an ab workout on my exercise ball when I get home.

Have a great OP day! Almost time to fill up my water bottle again!

Redflame
02-12-2009, 02:28 PM
SO riddle me this (sorry had an after school Bat Man flashback)

If you tell your children to tear apart the couches and love seat to look for the remote, why do they NOT find it until the second time they do it when you are right there with them? Funny huh?

So the long lost remote has been found, along with about 2434 single socks, and some pens, and a new box of toothpaste--no lie....WHY was this down in the dark abiss of the couch????? I faintly remember the days when I had control of my household, but then again I did not have a monthly salary either!

So I hope to use one of the videos or the tabala workout from youtube soon.......right now I could not, it is THAT time, and as usually is incredibly bad......please Lord, strike a bolt of menopause on me SOON! (an of course I place that order without the years of in-between-ness!) BUT that excuse will be gone shortly, the remote is found, I have even taken off the cellophane.......I think I will be out of excuses.........OH NO!:o

I am starting a class next Tuesday, called Live Inspired. It examines 5 aspects of your life; personal growth, food, authenticity, exercise and spiritual habits. We will meet every week for eight weeks. I am really looking forward to it.

AS USAUL, I have talked about myself, and now ran out of time for personals....this is way wrong, and I need to stop doing this. I am sorry, you have all been alot of support to me, more than you may realize. I want to be the same for you....I shall return with wonderful words of inspiration.........or some general gibber gabber, but I shall return!

mj5
02-12-2009, 03:36 PM
Redflame--LOL! My mom always says that as kids we "looked" for things with our eyes closed......

cfmama
02-12-2009, 11:32 PM
Just a dash in and out for me. Jeff has Phoenix at the clinic as we're suspecting pneumonia :( Maddy (7 year old) is at High School Musical the Ice show and Liv (5 year old) wants me to watch a movie with her.

So tomorrow is day 138 totally on plan! And a 1800 calorie cycling day. We're planning a sushi night tomorrow and I'm excited :) I just make your typical california type roll but with no dressing. Just rice, avocado, cucumber, shrimp or crab, nori. Dip in low sodium soy sauce and wasabi paste and I'm good to go! Yummo!!!

B- 1 cup shredded wheat, 1/2 cup skim milk, large banana
L- 2 3 oz salmon fillets, cup steamed brocolli, full fat yogurt cup
s- 2 wasa, 3 T hummus, 1/2 apple
D- 20 pieces sushi maki, soy sauce and wasabi paste
s- 22 almonds, 3 Laughing cow wedges

Be back later girls!

nicolen
02-13-2009, 01:22 AM
Hi Guys,

Yay for Friday night. I'm tired and really just want to blob out in front of the TV tonight. And I can. Life is good.

Some bad news today - my trainer has put her notice in. She introduced me to another trainer that she thinks I'd work well with. He's absolutely gorgeous! I've seen him about before and thought he was lovely to look at, and he seems really nice in person as well. We're going to have a couple of sessions and see how things go. Anyway, she worked me really hard today and I'm aching. Arms, legs, everywhere!

MJ, completely understand about not wanting to go to the gym hungry. That's a recipe for disaster!

Redflame, LOL, that's so funny. And frustrating as well.

Tammy, I hope it's not pneumonia! Poor Phoenix. Sending lots of get well vibes towards you!

So the menu for the day was:

B - Muffin with vegemite

S - scone with jam, vege sticks and hummus (morning tea at work, and I feel very virtuous and good!)

L - chicken salad sandwich

S - yoghurt

D - chicken, noodles, stir fried vegies.

Have an awesome day, everyone!

Redflame
02-13-2009, 02:27 AM
ok I have to know what vegimite really is
all I know is it is in an 80s song

cfmama
02-13-2009, 02:39 AM
Yep... it's pneumonia. AND a very infected right ear. AND strep throat.

No wonder he's been so *****y all week???

Numina
02-13-2009, 09:13 AM
OK --- now I am missing posting in the mornings AND in the evening! GAK!

MJ5: Dang knee! It impresses the heck out of me that you keep going forward through all the pain. I would be on that as an excuse like a bad hair piece on a TV weatherman! You have put in a long week and have more than earned your spot in front of the TV. Rest as you can and enjoy yourself!

RedFlame: Holy larcenous lounger, Batman! I don't think I would sit on that couch! The weirdest thing I ever found in a couch was one of our cats. Why she had squeezed down in there is a major mystery, but then she was pretty much stuck. We followed the sound of her pathetic little whimper…. And good for you for entering the No Excuses Zone, even if some of your movement was involuntary and involved kicking/screaming. :rolleyes: Keep us posted about your class --- it sounds interesting.

Nicole: See? Every cloud has a silver lining and sometimes that lining looks a lot like beefcake! ;) I know you will miss your current trainer --- you guys have been an awesome team --- but if she introduced you to this new fella, I bet he is really good, too. What the heck? Enjoy the scenery!

CFMama: Oh my goodness! That is a bad combination for a little guy! He must be so miserable. Hope he improves rapidly, CFMama, and that no one else picks anything up from him. (I don’t think pneumonia is contagious, but what about strep throat?) You take extra care of you for a few days, too, k? (And the sushi sounds yummerifilous!)

So yesterday, I did my water (which is getting easier! Whodda thunk?) and my walking and easily stayed in my target calorie range.
B: oatmeal w/ yogurt and almonds, V8
L: salad with chicken slices, grapefruit juice
D: sesame noodles with veggies and a little chicken, tossed in 2 TB of ginger teriyaki

Happy Friday, ladies! Today is a cruisin day, where your eye is always on that goal and you just calmly keep stepping over whatever life throws in your path --- you are in the groove and on the move. Talk to you again tonight!

mj5
02-13-2009, 09:52 AM
Yea it's Friday!!!!

cfmama--How is Phoenix? Poor guy! Hope he feels better soon! Great job!!!!

nicolen--Exactly...YAY for Friday night! I am going to go to the gym after work and then lounge in front of the tv too! That stinks about your trainer, but hopefully the new one will be good too.

Numina--Oh trust me, I have used my knee as an excuse for everything under the sun for way, way too long. I just have to find the balance between "normal" pain and making it worse. Yea for a good day yesterday!

Anyone have special Valentine's Day plans? We don't have any, which is fine.

My plan for today is to go to the gym right after work (arms/shoulders and cardio) and then home to veg w/ the dogs until dh gets home. Tomorrow I will try the biggest loser yoga dvd.

Have a great day everyone!

MugCanDoIt
02-13-2009, 12:15 PM
Todays menu so far:

Breakfast
1 cup steel cut oats
1 tiny cup peaches

Snack
10 almonds
1 orange

Lunch
6"subway veggie sub

Supper
Dont know...am going to store to check out fresh veggies and farm fresh eggs.

Snack
SF Cherry Jello

SnowboundChick
02-13-2009, 02:10 PM
Well, I said I'd check in on the accountability thread. I did plan 3 dinners in a row. I just planned simple dinners and will work from there.

Friday Night
Peachy pork chops
Rice (I'll have a nice spinach salad)
Broccoli

Saturday Night
Roast chicken, no skin
Mashed potatoes (I'll have either a sweet potato or a romain salad)
Peas

Sunday Night
Chicken Soup with left overs
Buns (I was thinking whole wheat pitas)

I'm really trying to stay on plan but I'm feeling very tired lately and not sleeping well at all and I don't know what is wrong. I do have a bit of a cold again and I think my body is fighting it off because I've woken up with a sore throat the last 3 mornings. My mom brought over cupcakes for the boys last night and I had two. But I manage to stop myself and not having any more, what is it with me and cake. I'm doing good today though.

Redflame
02-13-2009, 06:56 PM
CF--Hope your babies are all on the mend, I hate sick kids.......wait that did not sound good.....I hate it when kids are sick. It's sick men that I hate LOL

Nicole--a hot trainer huh? I just peeled the cellophane off my hot trainer last week--but STILL have not given him a run for his money (LOL me thinks me so funny! my hot trainer is my TBL Bob DVD)

MJ--YEAH the week end is here and you can rest your knee! I am looking forward to the same

Numina--water, walking and food all on plan WOW that is fantasic...really my couch is not THAT bad, it just has these deep pillows that seem to suck in things that go deep into the couch.....really I am not that bad of a housekeeper---well, kinda LOL

Lottie--how are you? Have not seen your pretty eyes the last day or so

Donna--are you getting enough protien? When I am tired I often find I am not getting enough---either that or not eating throughout the day--small meals.

Dumplin--how are things doing?

Trazey---doin' OK?

Mug--I was just looking at your numbers....you are doing great~

The weekend is here, and the stupid holiday is here too,...I hate this holiday. DH better not bring home chocolates, I will kick his arse! Does that count as aerobic activity?

I HATE to think that I missed someone, but I bet I did---accept my apology now please

Today

B nutrigrain bar and coffee
L salad, pico degallo and shrimp, and won ton wrapper chips
D not sure yet, probably veggie burger or small steak
not doing great with the water, drinking too much coffee

have to take the kids over the pass tonight to their dad's (Mountain pass that seperates Western WA from Central and Eastern WA--about a 1 hour drive to the top of the pass for me tonight, and Sunday night) so I am hoping there is NO snow--it is threatning

lottie63
02-13-2009, 07:08 PM
redflame, ha, I'm ok, still sick, still On Plan though, am just lurking more than anything.

Feelin' a little betta each day though.

:)

nicolen
02-14-2009, 02:06 AM
Hey everyone.

Really slow start this morning, and I didn't make it to the gym. To be honest, I was just too sore after yesterday, so I'll go tomorrow instead I've had a quiet day, and to be honest I needed it. So, there's really not much to report.

Redflame, vegemite is a spread that you put thinly on toast or bread. It's made of yeast extracts and got quite a distinctive flavour. It's a bit of an acquired taste - a couple of Americans that I know hate it, but to those of us that grew up with it, it's fantastic stuff.

Tammy, that's no good about Phoenix! Hopefully they've given him antibiotics and they'll start kicking in soon.

Numina, yep definitely a cruisy day here today!

MJ, how did the workout go?

Mug, good to see you back again!

Donna, they sound like fantastic meals. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Lottie, good for you for sticking to plan even though you haven't been well!

The menu today was:

B - English muffin, vegemite

S - muesli bar

L - pumpkin and bacon soup

D - beef stir fry over rice.

Might end up having some pita crisps while I watch the rugby a bit later on. I'm not hungry at the moment, but I'll see how I go. It's a habit, but I need something crunchy while I'm watching sports and since potato chips are on the "not to be allowed in the house" list, they're not a bad alternative.

Have fun everyone!

mj5
02-14-2009, 10:01 AM
Good Morning! I'm just rying to get myself going this morning. I'm going to do the biggest loser yoga dvd before I start cleaning, etc...I have learned that if I wait to workout later, it doesn't always happen!!!

mug--you are doing great--keep it up!

Donna--Welcome!

Redflame--Exactly! Kinda sad that I am looking forward to the weekend to rest my knee, but hey, a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do! Dh and I made a deal--NO chocolates!!! And yes, I think that would count as aerobic activity! LOL!

lottie--Hope you keep feeling better!

nicolen--Everyone needs a rest day! My workout was awesome!!! I felt GREAT afterwards!

Beverlyjoy, Schmoodle, Rhonda, and everyone else who pops in--hope you are doing well!

Today will be 7 days OP for me! Half way to being able to use my new lip gloss...FINALLY!!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!

mj5
02-14-2009, 11:48 AM
Alrighty...I did the biggest loser yoga dvd...well, the warm up, first workout, and the cool down. All I can say is WOW...my arms are on FIRE!!! Pretty cool to have Bob right 'there', though! I also did a short core work out dvd on a stability ball. Yeah, kinda feel like jello right now. I need a quick snack and then I need to get some cleaning done!

cfmama
02-14-2009, 02:30 PM
Hello everyone!

Update: Phoenix seems to be responding to antibiotics. Thank goodness.
Another trip to the ER last night for Olivia, burned her hand badly under scalding water. Just a bad 1st degree burn though and she's okay now.

Gearing up for another ballet, jazz, choreography, polishing weekend. I'll be happy when the spring dance festival is over!

Plan for today: Day 139 ON PLAN and 300.4 this morning!!!!
B- slice sprouted grain bread, 1 T pb, 1/2 banana
L- 6 pieces homemade sushi, clementine
s- 1 cup grapes, 2 LC wedges
D- 1 chicken/apple quesadilla with 1/2 cup chicken, 1/2 cup apple, 1/4 cup cheese
s- small popcorn WITH butter (600 calories!!!!!)

We're going to the movies tonight (Slumdog Millionaire) and I WANT popcorn. So I made room in my calories for it. Is it a bit irresponsible to spend 1/3 of my daily calories on popcorn? **** to the ya. BUT it's a once in a while treat (second time in 139 days on plan) so there's no guilt involved. Lots of water to flush out the sodium and I'll be good.

Have a great Valentines day my friends!

Numina
02-14-2009, 05:09 PM
Just a drive-by, because my husband is doing work stuff on this computer. I am still on-plan and dropped the calories I ate yesterday and today in preparation for going out tonight for dinner. I hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's Day! I intend to! (CFMama, I sure hope your son is doing better.)

Redflame
02-15-2009, 01:39 AM
ok the silly man brought home chocolates.......I just don't get it

we had a huge homecooked steak and lobster and baked potato.....and it all fit in my cals.....but the fat was high 2000 cals ...today is my high day for a 1600 average.......but I had 60 fat grms.........very high for me and not settling all that well.

on my pda phone so won't stay on for personals right now

take care of yourselves

mj5
02-15-2009, 10:48 AM
Hi everyone! I am super sore today, but a good sore! So glad it's a rest day today!

Trazey34
02-15-2009, 12:03 PM
hey red thanks for thinking of me! i'm dong ok! had a ton of people over last night and had tons of food for everyone so no one noticed i ate a small piece of steak and a big plate of veg and drank diet gingerale instead of hooch ! yay! This morning, I've only had an orange so far as I haven't been up long hehehe but I'm planning on some scrambled eggs and w.w. toast and a coffee, and then leftover steak sliced up in a ginormous salad for lunch, and for supper tonight i think i'll make a chicken, what a ramble on sentence!

Redflame
02-15-2009, 11:22 PM
awesome job trazey! you tackled a huge challenge and succeeded. If you can tackle that you can tackle any normal day!

Hope everyone had a nice holiday....Valentines is an over rated holiday if you ask me, but then I am not much of a romantic.

Since my fat and cals were on the high side yesterday we went a little lean today, so the last three days were 985, 2045, and 1175.....thats averages out very nicely and I am happy with that

Today
B--coffee
S--americano at a coffee shop
L--ww pasta, shrimp and scallops with tomato, spinach, and mushrooms, ww french bread with roasted garlic and a little butter
D Special K Cinnamon with pecans, 1% milk, half banana

Kinda mixed up day, but we were hungry at lunch and so we ate our dinner then---old school stule, Sunday supper at 1pm!

Tomorrow
B- cereal and banana
S COFFEE and then some more
L- left over pasta and seafood from Sunday
D--dunno yet, kids will be home, DH will be home, and I work all day

And I work all day------that's messed up, my office is open but it is a holiday-----oh well gives me something to whine about tomorrow, as if I needed a subject on a Monday