Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-08-2009, 09:20 PM   #1  
the chubby child

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5'7"

Default please tell me the scale is broken...

...because i haven't lost a darned thing. nothing, nada, zip, zero, zilch. i don't know if it's stress or not, but aren't you supposed to plateau *after* you've lost some weight?

anybody have some tricks to kick me back into gear? and fast?

(because there's no way i can make the 5-lbs by valentines anymore.)
plum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/see tracker/180

Height: 5 ft 7 in

Okay, your scale is broken. Then again maybe not, I put two pounds on in my first two weeks of doing everything right. It may be your body is in a flux right now because of the changes. Try not to get discouraged, although that is pretty easy to do, keep doing the right thing and hopefully you will see the scale moving down and down and down.
jademarlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:46 PM   #3  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

This is what I used to keep me from losing weight....same would happen to me, and I would say "I gain weight when I try to lose. " So I just kept letting my weight creep up without going on.
SO yes, don't get discouraged it will get better, you will get better at eating on plan, you will get better at exercising regularly and your weight will go down.
I am now 13 pounds down. I finally got better at it too.
best wishes
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:04 AM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Plum, what is your plan? I don't remember seeing it. Maybe folks can make some suggestions.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:24 AM   #5  
Grasshopper

S/C/G: 197/117/100

Height: 4'10"

Please, please keep at it. I have been struggling for 6 months to lose the same 1o pounds...and now finally, the weight loss has kicked back in. It will happen. I know from experience how frustrating it is. But it will be worth it.

What worked for me is I made "smoothies" for one day... that's all I ate and the next day I saw progress. So after I have incorporated a smoothie or juiced apples and carrots as one of my meals and I have seen loss. My smoothie has no yogurt, only fruits with some apple juice to de-thicken it. May not work for everyone, but it's definately helped me. Plus even though it does not matter when you eat your calories, for some reason, I stop by 5 pm. If I eat later I don't see results. But again, that's me....
RedKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:44 AM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by plum View Post
...because i haven't lost a darned thing. nothing, nada, zip, zero, zilch. i don't know if it's stress or not, but aren't you supposed to plateau *after* you've lost some weight?

anybody have some tricks to kick me back into gear? and fast?

(because there's no way i can make the 5-lbs by valentines anymore.)
How long have you been doing this that you haven't lost anything?

When you say tricks to kick you back into gear, does that mean that you've strayed from your plan?

It's really hard to answer your ? without knowing the answers to the above.

Let us know. Don't give up. We're here to help you tweak things so that you can get that scale, ahem - unbroken, if that's even a word.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:05 PM   #7  
the chubby child

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
How long have you been doing this that you haven't lost anything?

When you say tricks to kick you back into gear, does that mean that you've strayed from your plan?
Months. Years? I've weighed the same since the 6th grade, with varying levels of commitment to weight loss.

I haven't strayed, I'm just trying to find out how much i really have to push myself. Trying my hardest isn't hard enough yet.
plum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:30 PM   #8  
No description available.

Can you give us a typical day's food and exercise?
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:04 PM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by plum View Post
Months. Years? I've weighed the same since the 6th grade, with varying levels of commitment to weight loss.

I haven't strayed, I'm just trying to find out how much i really have to push myself. Trying my hardest isn't hard enough yet.
Weight loss is a doable thing, for sure. It's not some hare-brained wacky scheme. It's a proven fact that it CAN occur. But yes, it DOES take commitment and HARD work.

You haven't strayed. So what exactly is your plan? Are you counting your calories? Are you being consistient? It's really hard to advise you with out a little more info. So get back to us. You've got a whole site here full of supportive and intelligent people, very willing to help.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:31 AM   #10  
Reached Goal Sept 11/09

S/C/G: 228/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
Weight loss is a doable thing, for sure. It's not some hare-brained wacky scheme.
Robin, can I tell you that I laugh every time I read that? I think that is exactly what I thought for a long time. Between all the ads for diet pills and cleanses (which even I knew couldn't possibly work) and my own refusal to put the effort in, it just seemed like some big scam.

Thanks for the giggle!

Peace, Heather
MrsWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:46 PM   #11  
3 + years maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsWolf View Post
Robin, can I tell you that I laugh every time I read that? I think that is exactly what I thought for a long time. Between all the ads for diet pills and cleanses (which even I knew couldn't possibly work) and my own refusal to put the effort in, it just seemed like some big scam.

Thanks for the giggle!

Peace, Heather
Oh gosh. Have I been repeating myself again? I've used that line before, haven't I?

Well, it's what I really believe though. No pills, no jump starts, no detoxing, no magic potions, no hypnotists, no "tricking" your metabolisim, no miracles, no starvation, no deprevation - required. Just plain old SENSIBLE and INTELLIGENT eating. Changing the way we think about food. Took me years, make that decades to figure it out. I'm very S L O W.

Took me a long