Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2002, 06:55 PM   #1  

Default Feisty & Sexy 50 & 60 yr Olds No. 180

Well I have started it but will have to come back later, I have been asked to do some work

See ya
Maria
Old 05-19-2002, 07:34 PM   #2  

Maria what a girl you are starting a new thread for us. Even when you are working. You are spoiling us. How did your 4 wheeling go? I bet it was fun. Had a rather quiet weekend. Went to see my sister in a tap dancing thingy. She is 74 and has her wrist in a cast but the show went on. It was National Tap Day and there are different groups that get together and put on demonstrations. She has been taking lessons but she danced in high school a million years ago. [Don't tell her I said that.] Tap looks like fun and I would like to try it. My dh groaned and said that he would have to go watch both of us then. Just got home from a birthday celebration. Hope you all had a nice weekend.
Old 05-19-2002, 10:07 PM   #3  
Life Time 2001

Maria: Alas they are making you work? Talk to them! Hows was the 4 wheeling?

Peggy: I use to tap dance about 5 million years ago. Took lessons when I was a little girl It was fun. But the show was good!

Been a busy weekend. Trying to get my spring cleaning done. Hate to do it but you just got to give in sometime.

Later!
Old 05-19-2002, 10:11 PM   #4  

G'day all,

It is now lunch time and boy have I been busy!

Did the bit of work as required and then I thought I would see if my work computer will allow me to upload some photo's to my photo album (it does not allow me to upload web pages )
And it did!!!!

We had a fantastic weekend, a bit scary at times but it was great. The scenery was breath taking, the company was great but it was VERY cold.
And if you wish you can get an idea of the fun we had by going to where I posted some of the photo's we took

http://www.picturetrail.com/flaggies

I hope you like them.

We met a couple who had toured through Canada. Their trip sounded excellent and they will give us the contacts of the people who organised their itinary in Canada. She also lend me a very warm jacket that she bought whilst they were in Canada, so Slavika and Trudy I though of you both whilst wearing this very warm jacket

Have a great day all, I better go and have some lunch now, with all this excitement I have not had anything since breakfast

Cheers
Maria
Old 05-19-2002, 10:45 PM   #5  
Member Florida Chick

Talking More Rain today!

We have had two days of good soaking rain. Great!

Maria: great pictures, but I'm glad I didn't have to negotiate that bridge. I would have been in the drink! It must have been a very interesting course.

Slavika: Ran into my first bathroom problem. Went to order the border and it will not be available for 2 weeks, and we won't be home to receive it, so instead of getting it all finished I have to wait until we get back in July.

Peggy: We have a neighbor who tap dances around at nursing homes and she is in her 70's Good exercise. I used to take lessons when I was just a child, but never kept it up at all.

Have been enjoying the retrospectives of a couple of our favorite T.V. shows. Mash and the Cosby Show. A lot of laughs.

Hi everyone. Hope you had a great weekend. Ann

Last edited by Lizziepie; 05-19-2002 at 10:48 PM.
Old 05-20-2002, 11:59 AM   #6  
Life Time 2001

Maria: Great Pics! Beautiful Country! Im with Ann on the bridge tho. Think I would of gotten out and walked across. Looks spooky! How was that mud getting across?

Ann: Raining here to. Was so pretty last week and then yesterday its back to cold and rainy. Left the house in a short sleeve dress. Had to come home and change becuase I was so cold! Sorry to hear about the border not being available. But it will be pretty once you get it up.
Love those 2 shows to! They dont have alot of those kind on anymore

Best get to work. Im running behind...
Old 05-20-2002, 07:38 PM   #7  

G'day all,

Back down to earth again after our very hectic but enjoyable weekend. I thought I was getting a cold or something last night but after an early night, I feel fine this morning

The negotiating of the 'bridge' and the mud was not quite as difficult as it seems. We (perhaps I )would have panicked if we were to have come across it on our own but with the guides directing us and firstly explaining what to look for and to how to best tackle it, it was a bit 'hairy' but OK.
I have booked a couple of one day trips, one in sand driving and another for the experienced 4x4 wheel driver 'to challenge your driving skills' . By then we would have done our advanced course and should be OK.

Ann isn't that annoying when you have your mind set on something and then you find you have to wait for it
I used to love Mash, I saw a documentary on Alan Alda the other night, didn't realise how talented he was in so many areas.

Sydney doesn't know what hit them, a cold snap, the maximum was 15 degrees. I know some of you will probably think that is quite laughable. I have no winter clothes with me, just a couple of jackets that I wear to work, hopefully this 'cold snap' will soon be over. It is a beautiful sunny day today.

Have a great day/night all
Cheers
Maria
Old 05-21-2002, 01:17 PM   #8  

Default Maria it looks like fun...

I bet you are having a ball 4 wheeling. The bridge did look a little scary but fun. You will be so experienced soon. I hope you are staying warm. I am not. It has been freezing at night and this is supposed to be spring. It is almost the end of May and it should be hot. Goofy weather. My exercise is putting my plants out in the day and then putting them on the porch at night. Ann I missed those shows the other night. I liked Mash. What does your border look like. You all have shamed me into putting up my kitchen border. It is just in one spot over the sink. It is a Mary Engelbreit one. I love her stuff. I must have missed something. I know you are going to a graduation but where else are you going to be gone so long? Lily don't wear yourself out cleaning - it justs gets dirty again. A vicious cycle. Where are Trudy, Slavika and Karen and Glenda?
Old 05-21-2002, 03:13 PM   #9  
Fun Blonde

Haven't told you all about my great weekend. We got Austin Friday night and had him until Sunday afternoon. I just enjoyed the whole time. He plays so hard and he sleeps so hard. Had to put everything up in my house (which is a lot) so he wouldn't get hurt. He is into everything. Leon and I played ball and with toys and took him outside. He isn't walking yet so he crawled with his butt straight up in the air and didn't touch his knees to the grass. He is so much fun! My best friend had her grandson who is about 5 months older than Austin and we took pictures of them together. She can put pictures together on her computer and decorate and put words around them. She put pictures of our sons (who were about the same age and friends) and grandsons with the theme "The circle of life." Pretty neat!

Well, I have no idea why, maybe some of you can relate, I have felt anxious this week. Maybe just tired. Once in awhile I do this--have to stop listening to the news.

Peggy, I would love to see your house with its crafting ideas. And Ann, I bet your bathroom will be neat. If you get the neutral under colors, you can change colors fairly inexpensively.

I am very much in awe of anybody over 70 taking tap dancing. That looks pretty strenuous and fun and spunky.

Maria, looked at your pictures and I am in awe totally. But we drive a Buick. If we faced that kind of stuff, we would call Triple A.
Glenda
Old 05-21-2002, 03:24 PM   #10  
Net browser

Default ...I'm here

Hi Everybody We took the little Princess with us when we went to our friends for the BBQ/swim/fireworks. Our grandson was away at a friends for a sleep-over (not sure why it's called a SLEEP over, they stay up as long as possible. We had a nice time at our friends and the little one really enjoyed herself. When it came time to watch the fireworks though, it was really cold. I think that's the coldest it's ever been for the May long weekend. The fellow that was hired to put on the fireworks display makes his own fireworks and shoots them out of a small cannon. Our friends told us they think he learned his skills in prison. LOL LOL
On Sunday I cooked mussels again for dinner for DH and myself and a short while later he was feeling quite sick in his stomach. He did not bring up, but did feel nauseated and spent a lot of time in the bathroom. Monday was the holiday, and he still wasn't feeling too good, and spent most of the day sleeping off and on. We now think that maybe he didn't have food poisoning but had a flu. He went to work a little later this morning, and he may be home a little earlier too, but said he was feeling better.
I cancelled having tea time, because I wasn't sure if DH would be home sick or not and I had a lot of things to get done today that I didn't yesterday. I miss not having the gals here on a Tuesday. Peggy with our weather being so cold at night I did not get any plants yet and certainly have not put in my garden. What a strange year we seem to be having. I'm sorry I missed the Mash show too, I really enjoyed that series. How long was the series on for?? Maria I had a look at your pictures from your 4x4 course. Since I seem to have trouble getting into my own garage I don't think I would have tried the bridge or for that matter the mud.... Ann to bad about the wait for the wall paper border. I know how it is, once you getting going on something you just want to get it finished.
Lily looks like you are getting the same kind of strange weather as we Canadians are. Even last winter in Hawaii, it was colder then usual.
Well better get going and do some of my stuff....talk to you all later.
Old 05-21-2002, 07:37 PM   #11  

G'day all,

Sounds like everyone had a great weekend albeit a cold one!

Peggy I had a look at the website of Mary Engelbreit, lovely gear. It also prompted me to check out the website of one of my favourite artists, Marjolein Bastin, I have done about 5 of her cross-stitch designs and on having a browse around at the various web sites that sell her stuff, made me want to do another! This is one of the sites that sell her stuff

http://home.pacbell.net/andrea/marjolein.html

Glenda isn't it fun the things you can do with computers You are obviously not sick of looking after Austin
I am a little with you (try not to be) with a general uneasiness with some of the news reports coming from America.
Guess there is not a great deal we can do as to what is or might happen in the world.

Slavika Hope your dh is feeling better again. I never get sick of fire works though I also feel a bit that it is money being shot up in the sky. Where we live there are fireworks just about every second weekend, no idea why but they are very pretty.

Hi to everyone else, Trudy I know you have not been well but we do miss your posts

Have a great day/night all

Cheers
Maria

Last edited by flaggies; 05-21-2002 at 07:41 PM.
Old 05-21-2002, 10:41 PM   #12  
Member Florida Chick

Unhappy Found muscles I didn't know I have

Well bathroom one is finished! Border and all. Decided to go and look somewhere else to see if I could find something I liked just as well, and I did :. So it is all finished. My dh thinks the border is too wide, but I like it. So what else is new? Now I am starting on the Master bath. That is going to be Icy Mauve. A very pale color. But a nice change.

Glenda: Grandkids are such fun. That is one thing I miss about being away from family, but now ours are all older.

Peggy: Glad I inspired you to do the border. After the graduation in Maryland, we are going on to Maine, and then over into New York to visit family and friends. We are leaving about the 3rd of June and won't get back home before the middle of July. I am really getting tired of making these long trips, and hope that when we have another graduation, we will be able to fly.

Slavika: Sorry your dh wasn't feeling well. But you are probably right, the flu, since you didn't get sick.

Maria: 15 degrees celcius? I always have to think about the difference between celcius and faharenheit. Hope your weather has warmed up. We have had some much needed rain, but we need more to break the drought we have been experiencing.

Hi Trudy, Lily, Karen, Whats happenin'?

p.s. My oldest daughter is having a really difficult time dealing with her sisters choices. And it is making a difference in the plans to attend the graduation. Why can't life be less complicated?

Bye Ann

Last edited by Lizziepie; 05-21-2002 at 10:45 PM.
Old 05-21-2002, 10:56 PM   #13  
Life Time 2001

Maria: The weather here was unreal yesterday. we had tornado warnings, Then flood, then heavy hail storms warnings. Was pretty bad in some areas. Glad it didnt get around me! Was close but thank goodness not close enough.

Peggy: you are right it does get dirty again ALAS! Do the border. I love Mary Engelbreit! But Im sure with all your crafty ideas your house is well decorated and cute!

Glenda: Your weekend sounded like a perfect one to me! Sounds like you had alot of fun. You spent some quality time with the little ones

Slavika: Sorry you had to cancel tea Hope the DH is feeling better. Poor guy. I think it was the muscles Only cuz I dont like them

We are packing up and heading off for the weekend. Going down to Southern LA. Have some friends there and of course DH parents. So hope you all have a happy memorial weekend and a good week! See you next week!
Old 05-21-2002, 11:11 PM   #14  
Life Time 2001

Ann: We must of been posting at the same time. Board will not allow me to edit. ALAS..

Life will never be easy Sorry you are still having problems with your DD
Anything we can do to help you get through this?
Glad you got the border up and found something you like! All of you redecorating make me envious. Need to do something with mine.
Old 05-22-2002, 08:53 PM   #15  

Default you don't have to read this.............

G'day all,

No-one posted overnight, no posts for me to read this morning

Hope everyone is well. I am very annoyed/frustrated/angry and anything else you care for
My laptop has been playing up, it is now to the stage that it is just plain annoying. I have inch wide pink bars going vertically across my screen. I thought I will ring the Dell technicians and see what they say. The first person I had great difficulty understanding and what he said did not make a great deal of sense. I then tried to find computer repairers in the CBD of Sydney, another task that should be easy but was not. Most had no idea what I was on about. I was told several times to ring Dell again which I did. Another person and again I had difficulty understanding him. I asked him to tell me where in Sydney I could take it, he seemed to ignore that question. I asked him where he was and he was in Malaysia!!!!!
Talk about globalisation, this is ridiculous
DH sent me the priority number that his firm uses (they all have Dell's) I rang that this morning and waited in queue for 23 minutes, at least the music was pleasant
Spoke to someone in Sydney, yippeeee but alas the news was not good. He more or less said that it would be quite expensive to get fixed and because it is 6 years old, no guarantee that something else will not breakdown and more expense
We have been looking at new ones (dh wants one with a DVD) but I thought it would be best to wait till towards the end of our stay here in Sydney. Looks like we will have to get it now.

I would go insane in this job if I didn't have my laptop, so the sooner the better.
At least we have done all our homework but we had thought to get another Dell, after this experience, I am not so sure.

That's it from me, I feel better having vented my laptop saga..........

See ya all
Maria
Closed Thread