Support Groups - Aussie Chicks 2009 (1)

Pages : [1] 2 3

View Full Version : Aussie Chicks 2009 (1)

smylie
02-05-2009, 04:52 PM
I hope this is how i make a new one! I was thinking the other day we needed one...... I hope you all find it!!!??

I had so much to say then I got distracted by the new thread thingy..

Will be back later

I had a sneak peak at the scales and i have lost 700 or 800 grams already this week which gives me "incentive" to keep doing what i'm doing

jemima just stripped off and i was a tad confused why coz it is not bath time or anything and then she went and got the scales... she wanted to be like mummy.. sigh what am i teaching this girl!

7senuf
02-05-2009, 05:38 PM
Lol Was just wondering where you got to Kel. Maybe PM the others with a link to this new thread. I was just on looking tryin to figure out how but you beat me to it. haha
Had a crappy week, i HAVE to stop binge eating when i go to bed to read.
Goal for today - Go to bed and have NO FOOD

PerthChick
02-05-2009, 07:03 PM
Kel that story about Jem copying you on the scale cracked me up :D. That is too funny!

Vonni ban food from your bedroom! It's a habit that will get harder to break the longer you do it. Are you eating at night because you're hungry? Are you eating enough during the day?

I had a better day yesterday - 1520 calories and 3L of water. I feel really bloated today and my tummy is sore - don't know what that's about, but I'm sure it will pass.

Today's plan is to reach all my goals and stay strong.

7senuf
02-05-2009, 08:45 PM
eating cause its something to do. and i crave sweet does anyone know a way to beat craves?

PerthChick
02-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Vonni in order to beat cravings you have to understand them. In lots of ways those carb binges are like getting a hug from your best friend. Carbs trigger insulin, which in turn promotes the release of serotonin from your brain.

And serotonin helps regulate sleep, reduces pain and calms your nerves - given what you're going through with your health concerns, it's fully understandable that you need some soothing, and some comfort.

But if you want to beat those cravings it's important to find a different way to soothe and comfort yourself. Come up with a plan, or maybe even find some carbs that are less calorie laden.

Are you OK? This waiting to find out what's going on must be awful :hug:.

7senuf
02-06-2009, 02:17 AM
Yeah I'm ok. There's always someone worse off than me so i take trhe good with the bad. Mind you........ I find myself losing my temper very easliy lately. And it seems the kids are naughtier too. grrrr. And thjose demands STILL havent stopped.

We are going to movies tonight and i asked him please dont talk about S E X and just enjoy the evening. He came here in a mood. And then told me he reckons i am testing him to see if he strays so then i can tell him its over. He couldnt be further from the truth and it makes me SO D A M N MAD That he thinks so twisted.

Quite frankly the reasons are simple. And I've told him the reasons but it just aint sinkin in.
1 I am tired tired tired tired
2 It hurts because I am tired and don't really feel like it, when i do its just because it's easier to give in than listen to the crap.
3 I don't like doing it when its planned or the only topic of conversation
4 Yes I do think if he could NEVER had it with me again he wouldnt want to be with me. The reason i think this is because when he gets a knockback he gets moody and leaves like a 2 yr old having a tanty.

That makes me feel used and like he only wants to be with me for that and not the company.

No I've had THAT vent.

Yeah about the waiting for tests etc..... I'm ok with it all, yes I do wonder whats going on, but I am not letting it consume me. What worries me more is if it is cancer and i get treatment how can i cope with my kids the way the are. They aren't going to change overnight and they wont understand enough TO change for me. And I know that being reasonably free of stressors helps enormously in ANY medical treatment. Its not the results, but the after i get the results that i am concerned about. IS my life going to be turned upside down or will it go back to normal?

On top of that I havent been on work roster for 5 weeks now the boss TOLD the line manager not to put me on cause he doesnt like me basically. So finances are pretty tight. I worked 4 hrs 5 weeks ago and got called in yesterday so at least I'll have a few dollars next week. Had a big chat with line manager and told her give it to me straight. Told her I know Boss doesnt like me BECAUSE I stand up for myself and others and what is right and wrong and i also said that I wouldnt WANT to be any other way. Then I asked her what she or boss would do to pay their mortgages or car if they were suddenly dropped from working without any warning.

Shoot gotta go Eb slammed fingers in door. catch soon

smylie
02-06-2009, 08:07 AM
vonni are they allowed to not roster you on?? that is a load of c rap!
you dont need another 2 year old you have one of those so tell your fiance to stop being a big baby.... threatening straying is not cool of him
also - swap the cravings... do you like cordial.... i've been having diet raspberry cordial whenever i crave something i dont really have spare calories to eat

julia - i was thinking you said you eat in front of the telly.... have you thought about distracting your hands with knitting or what i do which is my nails??? or my cordial.... or i sort stuff (when we have the telly out i will either eat or fall asleep in front of it if i dont distract myself) i will bring out a box of stuff from the study and seperate it into other boxes....... it at least means i am not eating.....

ani - i had something to say to you to but i have forgotten.... i thought of it at work today....... doh!

pacman12
02-06-2009, 11:28 AM
This is the guy that wants you to marry him? He's not doing a good job of convincing you to sign up for life with him!

My mum was saying she feels old and ready to die. I said "come on, you have to stick around to see your favourite daughter married off" and she said "Oh, you'll never get married off". I was like "Um, thanks Mum!". She then said "oh, I mean because you like your own company too much etc, not because you won't find someone". Hmmm... thanks.

Got a pharmacology exam next week... eek. It's bloody hard this semester. Between fulltime work, being on call 24/7 for every 1/5 weeks and doing two masters degrees, I'm going nuts. Got less and less energy to do anything, because it seems there's so much to do. Like me with my weight really... it's all too hard, so I'm doing nothing. And going to sleep every Sunday night thinking "THIS week, I'm going to eat well and go to the gym". Yeah, right.

Lindor
02-07-2009, 12:48 AM
Today is my first day of freedom!

Mum left yesterday...I am all alone now. Well it's me, the dogs and the cat!

I'm excited about being able to get on with my own things now. I spent this morning rearranging things that Mum had set up, unpacking the last of the boxes, clearing the left over sh!t from my fridge! I am ready to start my new lifestyle! At last this is my New Years Resolution time!

So...

...I vow to shop every Monday. I promise to buy only what I need (give or take the occasional treat maybe!), and to buy real food...no more frozen, prepacked meals!

I vow to cook real food either daily or to stock up for a week each weekend.

I will have some form of friut and veges everyday!

I will do regular house/garden duties that will burn up a sweat!

I will at least consider a walk in the evenings (although it has rained nearly every evening since I got here!) or some form of exercise anyway.

I promise to, at the very least, log on to 3FC every day, and to post more frequently!

I will enjoy my freedom from my family, to enjoy being my own person!

And I will officially weigh in on Monday! I have not set foot on the scales since before arriving here and although I think I have managed to control my intake a little I am still concerned that I may have gained at a steady rate. Monday will tell!

Alright, that is my input for today. I promise to become more involved here from now on.

PerthChick
02-07-2009, 09:06 PM
Lindor you sound like a woman with a new lease on life. I am so happy you're determined and feeling positive! I KNOW you can do this, and I am really looking forward to seeing how things go for you over the next six months or so.

Vonni I have to agree with Gen. Do you really want to invest your future in someone who is so neglectful of your needs and sulks when his own aren't being met? Don't you compromise, you deserve so much better than being treated like that. I'm not suggesting you walk away from him - only that you need to let him know that this kind of behaviour is not good enough.

Hey Gen! How about doing a PhD in Loving Yourself :p. I know you're a super-intelligent high achiever, and I will be the first to tell you that I really admire your determination and strength. And I worry when you say you're telling yourself you'll start next week. Next week is always a long way out of reach, and far enough away t not have to think too seriously about.

I'd love a dollar for every time I said "I'll start tomorrow" or "I'll start Monday" - usually as I was about to give in and gorge myself on something. I would be rich enough to pay cash for a house :D.

Amy where are you? Are you OK?

I have had a good week with meeting my goals. I know I will record a gain tomorrow and that's OK - I've avoided the scale for a few weeks and have eaten anything that wasn't nailed down. But the important thing is that I have had a good week, got my head back in the right place, and feel like I am back on track.

Aren't those fires in Victoria devastating. I feel really, really sad about it. Growing up in the NSW bush I have lived through three major bushfires, and they are the most frightening things you can experience.

pacman12
02-07-2009, 10:06 PM
Good plan, Ani. I just don't know if I can afford that tuition (or meet the admission criteria) ;)

7senuf
02-08-2009, 05:15 AM
Yeah those fires are so horrible. I was tearing up when watching the special on it today. So many lives lost. So sad. :(

PerthChick
02-08-2009, 03:59 PM
I've gained 1.4kg in the few weeks since I last weighed in - idiot! Now I have to do the work to lose it AGAIN :mad:.

This week's plan is to just stick to my goals and to take good care of myself.

Those poor people in Victoria. I feel terrible about those fires, and cannot begin to imagine what the survivors and firefighters have been through.

smylie
02-08-2009, 05:10 PM
1.4kg! is that a reason to weigh in more often so you can keep it in check! that doesnt seem like you!!!

Today i am 97kg that is a loss of 1 kilo!!!!!!!!!!!!! this non diet thing is actually working..................

jemima has just come in smelling like spray and wipe so i gotta go see how she helped me this morning.... the teddies also are covered in it and she is naked........

but i will be back to do personals

oh and vic bushfires so so sad, what a terrible way to die

Lindor
02-08-2009, 05:35 PM
Stupid machine!!

Had a full post but I lost it when submitted!!!

Important bit...

...I weigh in at 96.1kg! And that was after breakfast and fully clothed. I forgot to do it before hand!

Gotta run!

smylie
02-08-2009, 06:11 PM
:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::c arrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::car rot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carro t::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot: :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::c arrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::car rot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carro t::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot: :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::c arrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::car rot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carro t::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot: :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::c arrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::car rot::carrot::carrot:v

carrot party for me and lindor!

7senuf
02-08-2009, 06:12 PM
yayy Kel and Lindor :carrot:

Oh Ani what a bugga. Yeah I havent been using scales either and no suprise when i just decided to jump on them a minute ago i am up to 78.1. GRRRR I am so short that nits REALLY noticable. I have gotten to the stage now that my clothes are not fitting me very well at all so......
Goal for today
Eat breakfast
Go for a walk around the block
Drink at least 3 glasses of water.

I know I hear ya 3 glasses you say????? What happened to 2 litres???

Thats in the to hard basket for me so i will settle for one more than usual... maybe even 3 more than usual??? lol.

Eating brekky right now so thats one goal achieved woohoo :)

7senuf
02-08-2009, 06:13 PM
HAHA I was gonna ask where amy was for the carrot party but looks like Kels on top of it

7senuf
02-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Oh yeah......... I have posted Seaworld photos on my bebo. Just click on the link under my signature.

amouse
02-08-2009, 06:44 PM
hey guys .. just caught up on the posts.. ty for the link Kel

Last week was disgusting here every day over 40 and to top it off i had TOM.. lol arent i lucky. my weight went up like the dickens.. lol i was 114.2... lol.. but i was so so bloated and so uncomfortable.. my legs and belly was sowllen.. fomr both the hormones and heat and the proof is in the measuring since this week i have lost 4 cm form my legs and 6 cm from my waist.. lol .. last week my jeans were tight this week they are loose again.. but last week i ran around in dresses so it didnt matter.. lol it was way to hot..

im back down to 112.9 this morning and im very happy about it .. food is easy again and im rigth on track..

John is Home.. he lost his job.. they all got made redundent.. but he has already had 2 job offers and has decided to go back to NT again and work in the same place for a different company.. they rang him yesterday and asked him to come back.. :) so he flys out once again on thursday .

Cameron is home atm with pharangitis.. he has been on amoxil since friday and feels better but still is very tired and pale.. so im not sending him to school to pick up something else while his body is fighting an infection. and plus the school says if hes sick enough to be on antibiotics he is too sick to be in school. ..

Kel and lindor your on fire well done.. :) :flame::flame::flame::flame:

Vonni .. men are jerks.. but you know after you marry them.. SEX is just a distant memory.. lol i hope everything is ok :hug:

amouse
02-08-2009, 06:48 PM
Vonni i saw you ask on the last post how to post pictures.. i go to www.tinypic.com (http://www.tinypic.com) upload my pictures and it gives you a list of options.. you copy the box that says IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards above it and paste it on the board.. very simple your code should look something like this [ IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/2pq2ipc.jpg[ /IMG] without the spaces to make this http://i42.tinypic.com/2pq2ipc.jpg

smylie
02-09-2009, 12:55 AM
amy - sucks john lost his job.... but is this new one going to be better is he going to be home more?
what grade is cameron in this year?

vonni - what do you drink instead of water?

smylie
02-09-2009, 12:57 AM
oh oh oh
and now i remember why i logged on

i had beetroot on my sandwich today - ooooeeeeee living it up
hehehehehehe

trying to figure out what to have for dinner - we have heaps of options but i work 5 until 9.15 so i can either eat at 4.30 or 9.30 OR i can have something QUICK in my 15min break......

all options are not ideal

we have no left overs for me to quickly have before i go so i am not sure what i am going to do - i do like those weight watchers wraps so i could buy one on my break and microwave it and then eat it quickly..... hmmmm

smylie
02-09-2009, 01:01 AM
vonni - awesome seaworld photos
immy is so so s os o cute! (and all the rest of ya too but she is a real little cutie)

amouse
02-09-2009, 03:02 AM
kel if it was me i would go with the wrap at your break and just have some fruit before you go..

John is basically getting the same job back its the same place the same conditions.. probably even the same room but the company he was working for is no longer working at the plant and made all thier blokes redundent.. so we got full redundency money and is going back to work on thursday as usual.. bonus!!..

We are doing quite well with the working away thing.. even though of course as usual there is drama in my life.. my sister is still in the nut house and my friend ( single mother) has murdered an old lady on my street so i am part of the police investigation.. Its all the other stuff before around and after xmas that has kept me away from the boards but im back on the fat and narow.. and my weight is coming down again .

And im suprising coping.. why... who knows exercise releasing endorphens maybe?? lol

I suppose i must just be used to drama.. lol .. Cameron is in grade 3 this year and Lolly is in kindy 2 fulls days a week .. so i have 2 free me days .... (hmmm me thinks this is why im coping.. lol)

To be perfectly honest i have got over the whole murder thing becuase i have told the police everything i know that may help them.. and im not going to have anything at all to do with said friend or her children.

Its there job to deal with her they have her car in evidense, they found the old ladies purse and bank details is friend house and she has told her family she killed the old lady .. and they have spoken to the police so .. fingers Xed they have enough to put her away .

not suprisingly i was not over the top on my weightloss efforts over this time.. and plus we went on our holiday just after this **** started which helps.

Im happier at the moment then i have been in quite a while.. i have no depression at all .. im sleeping well im eating well and im exercising.. lets hope it stays that way.. :)

7senuf
02-09-2009, 05:07 AM
Wooohooo I'm on fire.

Met all my goals today.
Didn't drink 3 but 7 glasses of water wooooooo
Ate reasonably well.
Sort of
kind of

weetbix for brekky
some popcorn chook on a sandwich for lunch (not that great i know)
a handful of skittles
a half chicken breast and half a cup of continental pasta and half cup mixed steamed vege for tea.
only 3 coffees and a cup of tea today
and SEVEN glasses of water woohooo

I AM about to have a naughty dessert. an eight of a mars bar in a square of puff pastry but..... I drank water

amouse
02-09-2009, 06:02 AM
wooohooo vonni 7 was way beyond your goal well done.. :)

7senuf
02-09-2009, 08:49 AM
TY TY TY hehe

LittleKiwi
02-09-2009, 04:22 PM
Wow Amy you HAVE had a lot going on! That's great news that John got a redundancy payout and another job straight away.

Vonni it sounds like you're getting back on track - good for you :cp: I have to agree with the others - your man isn't doing a great job at convincing you to marry him if he's treating you this way. I hope you can get some kind of resolution.

Ani, sorry about your gain but I'm glad that you have weighed in now and you know where you're at. I'm exactly the same as you - this week I weighed in at 88kg which is back to where I started a month ago and now I have to work hard to undo the damage. Tres frustrating but we can do it :cheer3:

Lindor! It sounds like you're ready to really kick into gear :D Getting settled in and having your place to yourself will be good for getting you into a routine. Go for it :carrot:

Kel, mate you're on fire! :flame::flame: awesome to see you achieving some great results and to see you so motivated. You go girl! :cheer2:

I spent the weekend with my ex from when I lived in London. All he wanted to do was go out for meals and for drinks so he was easy to entertain but that meant that my diet and training went out the window.

Best of all, I got some action in the bedroom which was a real bonus as it had been over a year since I'd gotten any!! Thank goodness for ex boyfriends eh :lol:

:twirly:

7senuf
02-10-2009, 05:43 AM
Went to Dr today. Good news and bad news but the bad news is still good news.
Dr don't think it's cancer. Keeping an eye on it with regular scans. next one in May. However the nuclear scan showed is rather enlarged and growing towards my supra clavical area. That explains my coughing especially when laying down. Dr could give me meds to try and halt it getting bigger but i asked for natural instead. And she also said stress can cause goiter so have to reduce my stress. So on 3 types of tabs and counselling sessions and being reviewed in a month.
She still going to make referral to have a chat to a surgeon and keep him/her informed on its progress so that if a decision gets made to remove it if it continues to grow or nodules become more, i will be already on list.

If nodules grow more they will do a biopsy.

Lindor
02-10-2009, 05:02 PM
I shopped yesterday (forgot my list on Monday :lol: ) and only bought what was on my list...which wasn't much and wasn't urgent, but I want to get into the regular shopping routine so went anyway! I hate shopping!

I'm not counting calories just yet, but analysising where I am at so I can work out where I can cut back. I need to know when I eat because I am hungry and went I eat because I am bored and what other reasons I eat for (yup back to basics!).

It continues to rain here, so no walks. And I have been feeling quite tired after work lately...my sleeping has been kinda restless since Mum went and I have come to realise I live in a city and that has unnerved me for some reason? I guess half my life living in a small country town had given me some sense of security and safety that I didn't really realise until now. I'll get over it I am sure!

I have been pottering about in the garden or tending to the pool/spa most evenings, so at least I am not shutting myself up inside after work like I was back 'home'!

All in all though, I am still happy about this move I made! No regrets!

Vonni...good news about your tests, but how annoying that you have to be closely monitored still! I know with my boob lump, it was the fact that it was there and that it was not normal for me that messed with my head! At least your doc is planning ahead though to make surgery easier.

Alright, must move! Have a good day all!

LittleKiwi
02-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Vonni what a relief that it's not cancer. What a pain though that you still don't really have a diagnosis! Sounds like your doctor is pretty onto it though and keeping a close eye on it which is good.

This flat-hunting business is painful let me tell you. Found a PERFECT place yesterday and went to apply for it this morning. I was half way through filling in the forms and the realtor found out that it had just been taken. GUTTED! :tantrum:

So we're now applying for our second choice which isn't as nice and modern but is perfectly okay. Fingers crossed that someone else isn't going to nab this one too! Also need to try and convince them to let us have a cat as my friend has a kitty that we really don't want to have to re-home.

Made it to the gym last night and did 50 minutes of cardio which was good. My trainer has postponed tonight's session so I'll have today off as a rest day and get back into it tomorrow.

Diet all good apart from scoffing 2 potato top savouries for morning tea today :nono:

smylie
02-11-2009, 06:15 AM
woo woo woo julia - action ex boyfriends - is there more??

vonni - omigosh you have so much going on - am glad it is not cancer and am glad you are going to the doctor about it all

jemima been full on today as soon as she is in bed i have so much to do - but i am so drained from her i dont know how i'll do it but i am working all day tomorrow firstly at woolies and then at opshop and then i have hogsbreath dinner for inlaws bdays (there are 4 bdays this week in benji's family) (then jem next week) so i am exhausted and i have to start on jemima's birthday morning tea stuff party stuff stuff stuff stuff

7senuf
02-11-2009, 06:28 AM
Julia what is a potato top savoury?

Yummo Kel Hogs Breath is my favourite restaurant of all time. They have lite cuts of the steak now. And the chicken is yummo. I like that their veges are still crisp and flavoursome without the need for added fats. I usually skip the fries or onl have half a dozen. But lately we been gettin the dreg ends of the tails lol. grrrr.

Lindor you have a POOL?????? Lucky you. You can have fun exercise. :p

LittleKiwi
02-11-2009, 04:47 PM
Ha Ha Kel, my ex lives in Dunedin and I wouldn't get back with him but it was a nice treat to get some action and some cuddles! Seriously, it had been over a year so it was something of a relief :lol:

Vonni a potato top savoury is a mini mince pie with potato on top rather than pastry. Pastry, mince and potato = not good for the waistline!

It's raining here today and is apparently the same all over the country which is good because it's been dry as here and watching the news about Victoria certainly makes you scared that it could happen here too. It's absolutely heartbreaking to see what's happening over there, I had to turn the news off the other night because it was just too hard to watch.

On the news here since the fires started, the first 10 - 15 minutes of the news has been totally dedicated to covering the situation in Victoria. All of us Kiwis are thinking of our Aussie friends at the moment.

I'm feeling very piggy this morning :ink: went out for breaky with work and I had 2 eggs and bacon on a crumpet, a trim mocha and an orange juice. Far more than I would usually have for breakfast!

Gym tonight with my trainer so that'll be good.

Hope everyone's well :D

Lindor
02-11-2009, 05:03 PM
"Pool" is nowhere near big enough for exercising in! It was described as a pool/spa when I bought this house. I'd say more a spa...but it is a big(gish) spa and it is maintained as if it was a pool - which I didn't think was the case with spas??

It was soooo not the reason I bought the house! I have no idea how to maintain a pool!

And I have not accepted my body enough to feel comfortable sitting in the garden spa!

PerthChick
02-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Hmmm… I bought some decent digital kitchen scales two days ago. Now that I am weighing my food and being accurate with my calorie counting I realise one of the main reasons I can't lose weight :o.

It's because I can't bloody COUNT :lol:

It's so much easier to count calories when you buy processed food and you can read the numbers on the side of the box, but most of my food comes from the perimeter of the supermarket - and the fruit and vege shop and butcher.

So here I go again! But from now on I will have a much better idea of what I am actually doing, and this is going to be fun.

Lindor I wouldn't care what size it was - the pool, that is. Yesterday it was 40ºC here, and I was even eyeing off my small fish pond at one point - wondering if the fish would be really offended if I jumped in :D. I wouldn't, but I was jealous of those fish yesterday.

Vonni I am relieved!

Right! Off I go to make this week's shopping list and go shopping.

LittleKiwi
02-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Ooooh yay, pink drinks all round :hat::hat::hat:

I've found a new place to live! It's not far from town, 2 bedroom townhouse which is pretty modern, has a nice kitchen with dishwasher, big lounge, nearly new carpet throughout and a nice deck area and small garden. It's only $15 per week more than what I pay now and I'm really happy with it.

Get to move in on 6 March.

Woo! :cb::cb:

7senuf
02-11-2009, 09:03 PM
hey good stuff Julia b out the place to live. Now about them savouries.... we just call em a potato pie. But then you guys can't speak english anyway :p When u guys order take out you'll say I'll have s e x serves of fesh and chups :p No seriously, potato topped savoury sounds so much nicer than PIE.

Hey Kel, I'm goin to Gold Coast at end of March, we should try and catch up. We staying in Ocean Plaza Resort at Coolangatta for 3 nights. Thought it might be nice to take Jem and Eb to beach and have a nice lunch.... Just a thought. I s'pose I'll have to run it past Matt, but u run it by Benji to. Anyhows let me know. Its the 19th - 21st, but i think the 20th we doin the Movie World run, but then other days just chillin.

Ani, I'm sure the fish woulda moved over for you to jump in, mind you they would've had a good nibble on yr toes lol. I can just see u looking at pond contemplating it.

amouse
02-12-2009, 05:51 AM
Julia im glad you found a nice place that is great ..

Vonni im very glad you dont have the big C .. but its not nice not having a clear answer as to what next.

Lindor since your not keen on your spa/ pool... i would gladly take it off your hands..... lol... nah really i bet you grow to love it.. got to a pool shop and tell them your new to it and im sure they will come up with the easiet mantaince for it.. My parents have apool.. and they are easy once you know what your doing.

Ani i hope the scales help... you wiggle a few pesky pounds off.. ... im really wishing you had jump in the fish pond now.... lol..

Well today has been an interesting Day. John flew of this am.. so i went to aqua .. as usual.. but i grabbed hold of the bigger meaner weights in the class.. and both my arms hurt from shoulder to wrist.. they are really achy.. lol..

i tryed to do laps after but my new bathers are too big around the boob .. and all i ended up with was nipple chafe so bad it has hurt all day and that was only 2 laps... musta pissed them off in the aqua class.. .. bloody bathers for them to get passed my ***.. they end up too big up top... these were a joke.. fine out of the pool... but in the pool.. im suprised my boobs didnt come out the top.. since they are a v shaped ... very annoying.. waste of money.

my wedding rings have been falling off which is strange since when we got married. nearly 9 years ago . i was about 15 kilos lighter then i am now.. lol
but anyway they have kept galling off and i took them in to be resized ... 2 sizes smaller.. and i also got the to weld them together.. which has made them alot prettier .. they used to alway move out of alignment and i would end up fiddling with them half the day.. lol.. im very happy with it now.. putting them together is like saying you cant seperate us.. :) .

anyway.. food has been a bit smash and grab today not the best choices but havent gone over cals.. so thats the main thing...

I woke at 4 am this am.. and john got up not long after .. we talked and i made him a coffee and at 5 he left.. i have been awake since 4 am.. so cooking tea tonight just wasn't gonna happen.. so instead the kids had tinned spagetti i had some ham.. then some tuna. and some bread... lol no butter no nothing couldnt be bothered... lol..

oh well im gonna go to bed... lol.. night all .

7senuf
02-12-2009, 07:27 AM
Me Today
Breakfast = a cup of strawberry fields low fat yoghurt with 1/4 cup toasted fruit muesli. (who said they had that way back???? I decided to try it)
Lunch = cream of chicken cup of soup and 2 slices of bread (didnt drink all of soup, once breadruns out I lose interest)
Dinner = heart smart lamb casserole and a slice of bread
a handful of lollies for a snack and 4 coffees and 2 teas
Hmmmm only 2 glasses water today :(

Havent calorie counted it.

Amy how yuk to get up at 4 and stay up. I bet yr really tired now. Hope you sleep well tonight. Have you tried racer back swimmers? I find they r the best fit, however my back fat pokes out... bleerrrrrk I hate back fat.

Gotta run. Going to my bros tomorrow for weekend (yes the one i hadnt seen in over 10 yrs) So gotta get some shut eye. At least its only and hour and half drive.

Vonni

LittleKiwi
02-12-2009, 03:38 PM
I ended up having a good day diet wise yesterday and had a great session at the gym - 20 minute run, 20 minute cycle and 30 minutes weights circuit with my trainer.

I'm really unenthused about the gym at the moment so am really having to push myself to go.

amouse
02-12-2009, 09:20 PM
ok friday is my offical weigh in day i have lost 900 grams this week .. :)
went from 113.4 to 112.5

im very happy with that..

got a kids birthday party on the weekend which will be fun.. since both my kids have been invited.. and it's at an indoor play cafe.. Which m,eans all us parents will not see our kids for about 2 hours unless they are eating.. then they will be gone again.... PERFECT!!.

Thanks Vonni .. on the sleep front i think i was over tired last night i was awake till 1.30 am this and unable to goto sleep.. lol got up at 7.30 this morning though so not too bad i suppose..

The bathers were a 2 piece with a nice long top piece normal bathers seem to be alot better in the pool for me.. i buy ones that are a big bloick across my back.. i hate my fat sticking out so onbly buy the ones where the back is as high as the front.. i bought 2 other pairs at the same time becuase they were so cheap.. i will just have to donate the big ones to the salvos.. i think ..

hope you have fun at your broithers vonni. :)

Julia.. would you consider something else for a change like a sport of some kind eg netball or something or even swimming.. ??? i change it up alot.. i do swimming and aqua whih i love.. then i walk alot.. use the elliptical.. wiifit.. wii sport .. trampolining.. i hate monoteny

Forgot to ask anyone else having trouble with the site.. i cant get the thread tools or search or any of that stuff to work ???

amouse
02-13-2009, 04:57 PM
We we had an interesting afternoon.. some little prick started a fire in the gully and fields a couple of streets behind my house.. it was really quite scary the houses on the other side of the gully had the flame come right up to there fences.. the fire trucks couldnt get down to fight it so they brought in firbombers to put it out so they could get through... i coukld see the smoke at about 2.45 and it didnt go out till 5 last night.. we went over the field to see last night and a police men said the flames had been 10 ft high and the didnt think they were gonna get controll of it .

http://i40.tinypic.com/eupq4h.jpg.

there was so much wind yesterday too it just spread really fast .. the kids loved watchign the plane come in and dump the water..

My feet are still sore this morning though lol.. i had walked to the shops then to get Cameron from school.. and from there we walked to the gully to see wht was going on.. ... i spent about 4 hours walking in my old croc shoes.. that have hardly any sole left in them.. lol ..

but hey i slept well last night.. :)

smylie
02-13-2009, 05:44 PM
people who start fires - i just dont get it

vonni - march 21 we are babysitting the neighbours baby at night but other than that those days sound awesome and i'd love to catch up we could even make it brunch so that you get to sleep in, dodge the heat of the day and still get to do stuff for the rest of the day with your clan

ani - portion sizes with veges, do you think it matters?? on weight watchers they are "point free" so on my non diet (coz i'm not counting anything i'm just listening to my body) i have not really been worried if i "over do it" when it comes to veges, fruit i realise has a lot of natural sugars which i should keep in check but i've never been sure about veges, i understand the "starchy" ones should be in moderation but the rest??

i am going to quit my job today
we cant really afford for me to
but i HATE the rush to work on a monday and a friday and HATE the fact i have lost my thursday (jem daycare day) to woolies and my whole saturdays usually too (9-2 but usually asked to stay longer) which has meant i had to take my name off the opshop roster which is something i really enjoyed doing

so i will have to just try and make tupperware make me more money and i was also thinking about designing invitations for people maybe not sure oh and working at woolies has taught me that you can have a trolley for $150 and the same size trolley for $340 so you just gotta be clever

on thursday morning i had lost 200grams and i dont expect anything too much more exciting than that on monday ESPECIALLY since benji served icecream and whipped cream and strawberries dipped in choc for dinner last night and i had hogsbreath (light cut but i couldnt resist the curly fries and a fruit tingle drink) and on sunday is jemima's party i doubt i'll over eat but i wont eat properly - we are offering sasauges and bread for lunch so on weight watchers i think that would be about 10 points heheheheheheheheh the adults dont get a party bag they get to take home fat fat fat hehehehe

will post heaps of photos of jems party coz it will be cool, i'll be bumble bee, jem a ladybug and i have talked benji into being a FLAMINGO hehehehehe, it is a garden party where you gotta dress up and something you could find in the garden! and we have the typical dero aussie garden that has the 2 plastic flamingos hehehehehehehehehe i have bought him a pink hula skirt, a set of big pink fairy wings, 2 pink feather boas and a pink feathery thing for his hair and i will find my pink bonds shirt for him.... he's such a good sport it was that or him wear a pair of little shorts and be the pool boy!

PerthChick
02-13-2009, 06:36 PM
Kel as long as the vegies aren't white (ie white potato) you can fill yourself up on them. I eat heaps of green and yellow vegetables - and when I want to 'fill' up a meal I just add more spinach or broccoli.

Amy any fire is scary - I've been in bushfires and a house fire, and none of them are good.

I am determined to have a good day today. I am slowly getting back on track, and there's no doubt I will get there. It's just really slow, and I have some important life lessons to learn from this.

Not sure what they are yet, but I'll eventually discover them :D.

Have a good weekend everyone. I'm off to work shortly, so I had better go and get ready.

amouse
02-15-2009, 02:48 AM
thought it was time for a new picture too .. since i cut a foot or two off my hair.. lol.. i think it looks ok,... but wish so much hadn't gone..

The pool had turned the ends green and it was clumping at the ends like an old paint brush ... i told the hair dresser to cut it to where it was healthy.... HA .... im suprised im not now bald......

went to a birthday party today didnt over do it but have now decided its a free ish day... lol... dont wanna know.. dont wanna regret it and start the whole i blew it so why not.... craig harper was so right about.. hop your all haveing a great sunday .. mines been fabulous..

amouse
02-15-2009, 02:52 AM
oh umm thought i posted the craig harper thing here.. lol but i didnt here it is.. i think its great

Here is the article...

The first bit is Craig talking to one of his clients.

CH: "So how's your eating going?" (I didn't know the answer at this stage)
SR: (drops head and avoids eye contact with me)
CH: "Er, hello?" (trying to make eye contact)
SR: "Don't ask?"
CH: "Why not?"
SR: "I f***ed up - again."
CH: "What happened?"
SR: "I was going great, I hadn't eaten anything bad since before New Year and then last Saturday night I blew it all."
CH: "You blew five weeks of great work (diet, exercise) in one night? That's quite the achievement. How did you do it?"
SR: "My husband and I had a fight, he went to bed and I ate a whole block of chocolate."
CH: "And?"
SR: "What do you mean... and?"
CH: "Well, after you ate the chocolate, then what did you do?"
SR: "I felt physically sick and mentally disgusted with myself, so I went to bed."
CH: "And when you got up on Sunday, what did you do then? Did you do your exercise and eat a healthy breakfast?"
SR: "No."
CH: "Why not?"
SR: "I was depressed and angry at myself."
CH: "So what did you do?"
SR: "I ate all day because I was mad."
CH: "Did you exercise?"
SR: "No, I was too grumpy."
CH: "That'll help. So the girl who desperately wants to lose weight, eats junk food all day and does zero exercise because she's mad at herself for eating junk food the night before? Your mind is a strange place."
SR: "Well what's the point when I had already blown all that good work?"

An All-Too-Familiar Dialogue

Now, I know this sounds like an unlikely conversation but it's actually not; it's absolutely true and much more common than (some of) you might imagine. But then again, it may seem very familiar to others. I have had this conversation many, many times, with many people. And yes, mostly women. Don't shoot the messenger ladies, just relaying the facts.

What Logic?

The irony of someone choosing to eat junk food on a Sunday because they are depressed about eating junk food on Saturday night is kind of amazing, but not altogether rare. When it comes to maintaining our fitness regime, our diet and our commitment to changing our body, it seems that many of us are fragile at best. Some of us have a default switch that's permanently set to junk food, laziness, self-pity and excuses. It's what we fall back on because we haven't actually made those healthy behaviours non-negotiable habits in our life.

If you identify with the above story in any way, here's a few things to consider and a lesson or two that you might find helpful.

1. The woman I was speaking with had lost 7 kgs (15.4 lbs) since New Years day 2009. Now... in order to regain that weight eating chocolate only, she would need to consume 53,900 calories of milk chocolate (her preference) and that would have to be without expending any energy - which is obviously impossible. How many calories did she actually consume on her Saturday night choc binge? 625. That is, 1 x 125 gram block of milk chocolate. How many of those 125 gram blocks would she need to eat to regain all of her weight? Eighty six - and that would be on top of her normal daily (healthy) eating - because her normal healthy diet would take care of her energy requirements for the day and the excess cals from the choc would provide the additional energy for the weight gain. Do I need to say any more? So was her "I blew it" response something of a ridiculous and inappropriate over-reaction? And then some.

2. It ain't about about the chocolate anyway; it's about the reaction to the chocolate. "Oh well, I blew it, I may as well eat everything that isn't nailed down!" People respond like this all the time. I've watched it for years. They over-react, they create problems, they turn a minor hiccup into a major melodrama and they look for an excuse to throw in the towel. Then they wake up six months later, bigger, fatter and more miserable than ever. And so the very predictable and familiar cycle starts all over again. And again. Their life is like a weight-loss version of Groundhog Day. Some people have been losing and gaining the same weight for years.

3. Of course one block of chocolate can't make anyone fat but constantly surrendering to destructive behaviours can. For this lady, her problem is largely emotional and psychological, while the consequences are largely physical. Whenever she has a set-back - a normal part of the human experience - she has no coping skills, so she goes back to what she knows; food. A little instant pleasure and comfort... but ultimately an abundance of long-term pain; a life in a fat body that she despises. Her propensity to lose and gain weight is merely a by-product of what's going on in her head. Does this sound familiar? Very familiar perhaps? The good news is that anyone can lose weight and keep it off. Forever. Is it easy? Not often. Is it possible? Very. Just because you haven't done something to this point in your life doesn't mean you can't; it just means you haven't. Yet. As I've said too many times, take your mind there and your body will follow.

4. Setbacks are not a sign of weakness, they are a sign of humanity. Things only have the meaning we give them and if we decide that eating a block of chocolate is the beginning of the end, it will be. Or we could simply choose different to create different. Next time you mess up - and you will - don't over-think, don't self-destruct, don't beat yourself up and don't seek sympathy. Instead, refocus, acknowledge what you've done, do different and get back to work. Princess. Sure I could fluff this message up a little, make it more feel-good, perhaps explore the psychology of it all and possibly talk about your triggers for reactive eating... but that's really not me is it?

Okay, do what you need to do

7senuf
02-15-2009, 06:34 AM
Deep

smylie
02-15-2009, 07:02 AM
but so true

amy - LOVE your hair and you can totally tell you have lost weight since last photo you look great!

Lindor
02-15-2009, 05:25 PM
Morning!

Just quickly...

...I weigh in at 95.0kg today! Last week was just an 'observation' week though.

Over the weekend, I did a little mowing between the showers of rain. I raked up all the fallen leaves. I swept the whole back porch.

I have planned my meals for the next fortnight...this also assists in planning my shopping lists and not overstocking or buying impulsively...which I tend to do.

Alright, gotta run!

Oh...and how safe is it to lose 20kg in a fortnight????

7senuf
02-15-2009, 06:03 PM
HUH 20KG???? Somehow I dont think thats safe at all. Thats excessive and prob fluid which is bad and could lead to dehydration seriously. What on earth prompted you to ask that? Who did that? 2 kg yes but never heard of 20??????? Gosh!!! lol. If only we could and safely.

barbegirl71
02-15-2009, 06:55 PM
I found you ladies! i thought I had lost you all forever!!!

One of the biggest loser contestants has lost 20k in two weigh ins. That's just 18 days (their weeks are 9 days long)mind you he is over 150kg so yes a lot would be fluid.

I haven't read back over everyone's posts but I do hope you're all doing well. Me on the other hand.............you don't want to know hahahaha! I gained 2kg over christmas/new year/holidays and promised myself that once life was back to normal I'd get rid of it. I've managed to put on another 1.3kg, making a grand total of EXTRA weight to lose 3.3kg. I seem to go really well then stuff it completely. That article you posted Amy is sooooo me!

PerthChick
02-15-2009, 06:59 PM
Lindor are you talking about The Biggest Loser? It's not really safe to consistently lose more than about a kilo/week, and The Biggest Loser is NOT a good example for anyone trying to lose weight.

It's good TV, it's fantastic to watch the transformations - but their "two weeks" isn't real time. And it isn't all that real. At the first weigh-in most contestants 'water-load' to falsely inflate their starting weight. Then what we see as the second week's weigh-in is anywhere between 10 days and three weeks in real time.

Remember the concept of this whole show is TV entertainment - and not a roadmap for how to successfully lose weight.

PerthChick
02-15-2009, 08:28 PM
Barb - woo hoo you're back!

It's really good to hear from you :)

smylie
02-16-2009, 01:15 AM
woohoo howdy doody Barb!!

the paper the other day had things all about what you were saying the other day ani about them promoting shakes in the ad breaks and stuff! that is so so wrong!!

i have put on 100grams this week - valentines week and jemima's party could very well have contributed to that....... ho hum it's all good i'm not worried i have lost 2.6kg all up in the last 3/4 weeks so i am happy with that and aiming to keep on keeping on

quit my job on saturday woohoo

amouse
02-16-2009, 05:33 AM
wasnt bob 170 kilos in the beginning on the biggest loser?? its always those real big people that lose those huge numbers.. i think becuase of the unhealthy lifestyle they hold alot of water.. and that is what there big lossers are in the first week .. ive seen it myself on the other wight loss board some poeple on there are above the 150 mark and can loose 10 kilos in a week for the first week or two and then when it all goes to 500- 1 kg a week that get disheartened and alot of them stop trying.. Im part of the 50 kilos+ to loose group..

since i was 135 kilos when i started this journey ..

Barb its great to see you .. that article is good huh.. and so true ....

anyway ive had a good day .. and im happy.. made my own sausage for tea tonight ... well kinda.. anyway .. lol

lean pork mince with cooked spinach carrot capsicum mushroom garlic and onion grated into it and an egg. and a little powder chicken stock for taste.. rolled into kinda sausage.. lol.. they did fall apart a little but not too bad and were very tasty ..
i just grated the veggies through them in my nonstick pan with the garlic and onion and a little sunflower oil.. and the powder stock..salt/pepper cooked them till they were soft and let them cool.. then added them to the mince with an egg and rolled them into sausage shapes in my hands they were dog turd shaped but ... kids loved them . :) lmao ..

anyway not much else to report did 25 minutes on the elliptical while watching the biggest loser ..... and now im off to have a shower and get in my pjs.. to unwind for the nite.. cyas.

PerthChick
02-16-2009, 09:53 PM
Kel I had a look at the Biggest Loser 'meal replacement' stuff when I was in the supermarket the other day. Those protein bars are only 90 calories each - AS IF that's enough to replace a meal… and they're $8 for a pack of six.

It makes me really angry that they are exploiting people - especially because they are seen as a reputable weight-loss thing. That's bullsh!t - they're nothing but a money-making enterprise who prey on vulnerable people.

Gen where are you? What's happening?

I'm utterly infatuated with a woman who is completely unattainable. Ah! The story of my life…

Keeps me emotionally safe I suppose, but why do I do this to myself?

pacman12
02-16-2009, 11:33 PM
I'm here, just really busy!

barbegirl71
02-17-2009, 02:19 AM
Because its safer that way Ani.

Amy your dinner sounded yummy. might give it a go for my youngest, he loathes vegies but if he can't see what he's eating he'll eat it. last night we had eggplant parmigana and he inhaled it!!!

amouse
02-18-2009, 05:03 PM
hey guys .. had a bad day yesterday i went to my cousins hubby funeral i was worried before i went and ate crap then i came home and ate some more crap.. blew my cals right out of the water..

Oh well today is a new day right?
My cousin has two little kids to bring up all on her own now.. and they are both just a little older then my kids ( 5 and 9). her youngest has a brain tumour that pushes her eye across her face.. they had just built there dream home and had set there old place up as a rental..

Jim had a new job and was abit excited/anxious he went to work got to his office and just collapsed his colleges found him dead . he was only 50 odd .and a really nice man and a school teacher, his older kids spoke at the funeral they are late teens /early 20's .

PerthChick
02-18-2009, 07:14 PM
Amy that's really sad. I had a friend contact me through Facebook a couple of months ago - I hadn't seen her for about 17 years - and she had a similar thing happen to her. She came home from work one day and her husband had collapsed on the bathroom floor. She did CPR until the ambulance arrived but it was too late…

She sent me an email yesterday, and is going to come and visit for a week over Easter (she lives in Brisbane). How exciting! I don't get many visitors over here - all of my family live over east, and it's a rare event to have someone come over.

All is OK with my weight loss. Up and down but mostly on track. It's snacking in the evening that I find hardest to overcome. I'm going to have to pay some attention to that if I am to beat this thing.

barbegirl71
02-22-2009, 01:38 AM
Where is everyone?

smylie
02-22-2009, 02:15 AM
snacking in the evening SUCKS but i find if i cant beat it i make it boring or make it ok - takes the naughtyness and the fun out of it
mushrooms and sweet chilli sauce, celery, carrot, rice crackers, rice cakes
low jeul cordial
doing something else with my hands - craft, internet, my nails, folding washing.....

i am VERY interested to see what i weigh in at tomorrow - i hope it is the same but i dont know
am pretty sure i know where i went 'wrong' a couple of days this week but mostly in a good mind frame which is the main thing.... jemima's birthday lunch was at a dessert place so that was a great start hehehehe

will be back tomorrow to weigh in! woohoo

oh did i tell u woolies did not accept my resignation so i am now casual doing whatever hours i want whenever i want just as long as i do some every fortnight woohoo

Lindor
02-22-2009, 02:56 AM
I'm lurking!

Still working on my routines, but definately getting there.

Confident I had a good week dietwise (apart from a work lunch outing on friday where I had a huge plate of noodles!), so hoping for something of a loss tomorrow.

Mowed the lawn yesterday! And because my grounds are everything but straight and flat, I wound up using the manual hand lawn mower! Now that must have burnt some calories! I also chopped down a heap of branches! Things grow so fast here!!! But all in all, I am loving this gardening thing! I just wish I had somewhere to put a small vege plot.

Still haven't used the spa...but I somehow seem to be managing it's maintenance ok.

I have planned out another week of meals. And have a shopping list ready for Monday week. So far I am managing to keep to my calorie budget and my financial budget.

I am still loving this whole new life and not feeling homesick at all!

LittleKiwi
02-22-2009, 03:40 PM
Amy I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin's husband. That's really sad.

I'm not doing well at the moment. Haven't been to the gym for over a week and my diet's been all over the place.

I've had my period and have used that as an excuse to eat more and move less. I feel totally unmotivated and am going to have to force myself to do something about it.

I've got my gym gear and will go to the gym tonight, even if I just walk for 20 minutes that's better than nothing.

PerthChick
02-22-2009, 04:14 PM
Julia I'm in the same boat. The only thing I am doing right is walking - and I've now passed my first 1000km. But the food…

I'm not sure how to find the motivation to keep going - even though I know in my head what I need to do. I have this battle going on inside me, and more often than not I am giving in and making poor food choices.

So - *deep breath* - I will set a tiny goal: just get today right. Don't even think about tomorrow - just do everything I need to do to reach today's goals.

I'm going to stop worrying about what the scales might say, or how tight my clothes feel, and stop beating myself up for "failing". I am just going to concentrate on the choices I make today!

7senuf
02-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Wow we all seemed to have a bit of a lull in here. Is it guilt keeping us away. Mine is. I've had nothing really to say so havent, but have still popped in to read.

I've now gone up to 78.8kg. This is really starting to get ridiculous. I know i have a vice of eating at night when i jump in bed with a book, but mostly been having popcorn. Prob this week i had a choc bar and a 2 bowls of chips hat havent been ok choices.

So what the heck is going on???? I am trying to move more. And make healthy choices for our meals.

Officially am employed by QLD health as of today.

Had to ring today to get some supernumery shifts. The lady who is in there now didnt know so is looking at roster and getting back to me later. woohoo.

Maybe this is the beginning of a new era for me.

So hows everyone travelling???

Kel did you want to get together on the Saturday (21st March) some time? We have decided Saturday is going to be our lazy beach day. We arent even buying any meals that day. Will just hang about the beach and the apartment poolside. And have a salad lunch. You are welcome to join us any time of the day. I'll PM you my mobile number.

smylie
02-22-2009, 11:36 PM
PUT ON 400GRAMS
doh
it's all good, daughters birthday week and that time of the month etc etc etc
however i blame more the bit of choc here and the little bit of slice there, it is easier when they are not in the house but i still did not eat as much as i normally would!

yes yes yes vonni probably brunch time would be cool, lazy beach sounds more fun than pancake parlour i just pm you about a catch up NOT relating to food sounds practicle especiallly considering how we know each other funny funny funny

ii am feeling very in control at the moment the house is getting tidier and i am feeling more confident with jemima, or basicallly i am over taking her crap so am getting tougher?? i dont know but feeling good, i have a couple more shifts at woolies then i go Casual not part time which will mean a lot more time for MY self

amy i am very very sorry to hear about your cousin

lindor you dont need a lot of room for vege patch, i think ani has hers all in pots??

ani - when you say that food is failing you are you snacking on the wrong foods??? when are you eating the wrong or too much food??

barbegirl71
02-23-2009, 01:48 AM
I had a good week, but spoiled it by having a crappy weekend! Still managed to lose 200g though. I've decided to weigh in on Monday's now. I think that's the weight I should be going by. I travel well all week because I know I'm going to weigh in on Friday, then let loose over the wekend knowing I have a week to get rid of it. This way might make me think a little bit before opening my mouth and shovelling in whatever I can find.

Lindor
02-23-2009, 04:30 AM
I forgot to post this morning...

...I weigh in at 94.2kg today.

7senuf
02-23-2009, 07:01 AM
woo Lindor. WTG. :carrot: thats over 2kg than yr ticker beginning. Hows the lifestyle treating you? A vege garden sounds like fun. I hate rentals. Thats one thing i really miss about having my own home. A garden i can plant and watch mature.

Now I'm a brown thumb. Anything i plant dies and i have spent so much money grrrrr. and all to improve someone elses home.

Kel yr to funny.... Pancake parlour.... When I go to the manor in bris and i go the whole hog.... buttermilk pancakes with grilled banana, ice cream, cream and butterscotch sauce.......... so a pancake place is NOT an ideal place for us to be hahahaha. (well, me anyways) :p

7senuf
02-23-2009, 07:03 AM
Goal for today (yeah i know its late)
No junk food when i go to bed.

Goal for tomorrow
Drink water
Do some housework instead of reading the next book in twighlight series lol.

I got Twilight from my daughter yesterday and I just finished it about 20 minutes ago. So addictive. Anyone else read it yet??? Or saw the movie?

LittleKiwi
02-23-2009, 03:45 PM
Sounds like everyone's doing really well.

I went to the gym last night and ended up having a really good session - 30 minutes weights circuit and 50 minutes cardio.

This morning has not started well, the book of my car fell down and smashed me on the head. Lucky it didn't knock me out as it's very heavy. Huge lump, small cut and a bit of blood and I'm feeling a little bit dazed but all good apart from that.

I'll go to the gym tonight and just do cardio and then going out for dinner with mum to celebrate her birthday.

amouse
02-23-2009, 04:30 PM
heys guys what a week ive had.. seriously crappy .. but anyway feeling better now.. and im getting back on track..

Today i am taking a car load of kindergarteners to the central markets in town.. its full of lovely fresh fruits and veggies... I dont care if im suppose to just look after the kids im gonna shop some too..

I am going with my friend so her kid and mine and one extra will be fine..

I have come up with a new plan for myself..

Calorie king gives me 1800 Cals a day and recomend 30 minutes of exercise.. .. so on the days i do the exercise i will aim for the 1800 and on days i dont ill aim for 1500 ... after looking through many calculators website etc.. i beleive this is the way to go for me.. so far this year i have been very unsuccessful at shifting any weight.. and im still above my lowest weight from november last year and going in the wrong direction.. .

So this is what im gonna try.. see if that will keep me a bit more focused and a bit more motivated to move.. if i want more then 1500 im gonna have to workout for it arent i?? lol

anyway.. things can only get better from here .. cant get in lower then the bottom of a hole.. so im climbing out ...

im gonna count the days i behave i have done this before and found it very motivating.. join in it might help you too

DAY 1

7senuf
02-23-2009, 08:59 PM
Sounds like a plan Amy.
Well I stuck to my goal last night. I ate no crap in bed with my book and I was successful in sleeping most of the night. Only woke once which is amazing for me. Usually wake several times and sleep awful. So I'm guessing the junk in bed before sleep has something to do with that.

Have drank 1 glass water so far today.... will aim for more

barbegirl71
02-24-2009, 01:54 AM
Ouch Julia!

I've read Twilight Vonni. I got it for Christmas and now my daughter's reading it. Will have to wait before I can get the next one though, can't really be going out and buying books when I've got so many bills to pay!!!

I had THE worst case of heartburn last night. I'd just sat down to eat dinner when I broke out in a cold sweat, my mouth started watering and I had this terrible feeling like something stuck in my throat. Just managed to get into the loo before I threw up, I never throw up! So no dinner for me yesterday, not at all like me to miss a meal!!!

7senuf
02-24-2009, 04:09 AM
Barb......... Go to the Doctor!! Thats not 'normal' heartburn.... Gen your opinion please????? lol.

LittleKiwi
02-24-2009, 03:50 PM
Yikes, that certainly doesn't sound like normal heartburn! Hope you're feeling okay now Barb.

I had an okay day yesterday despite my thumping head. Went to the gym after work and did 40 minutes cardio and then went out for dinner with my mum. I had mashed potatoes, winter veggies and lamb shank and it was delicious :T

Gym tonight with my trainer, last session with him as he's resigned from my gym.

amouse
02-24-2009, 04:53 PM
Great day yesterday ... walked around the market in the morning played wii fit with my friends in the afternoon and then swam for and hour and a half in th evening.. and stuck to my cals :)

:dance: 2 days

PerthChick
02-24-2009, 06:13 PM
I jumped on the scales this morning - 74kg :(. I knew I had spent the last month or more stuffing up and avoiding the consequences, but I decided that before I go and undo 2.5 years of good work I had better face the truth.

I feel like a failure at the moment. After all I have learned, and all the good work I have done I still resort to the old me! But I get so bloody tired of counting calories, of working so hard, and feeling like I am treading water.

I'm bored with food - no, that's a lie. As I sat here and wrote those words it hit me like a brick. I'm not bored with food, but that's how it feels. I eat when I'm not hungry, because I THINK I am.

And I HATE it that I've met a woman who has woken me up and made me want something emotionally. Something I very clearly cannot have.

I don't want food to become my comfort, my nurturer, my surrogate lover. I don't want it to be the thing that makes me feel good or bad, happy or sad, I don't want it to make me FEEL anything! I just want it to fuel my body!

I don't know what to do.

But I do know this: It's a very rare thing for me to admit to anyone that I feel emotionally vulnerable, and that I'm sad, and that I wish I could have something I simply can't. And for me to be telling you this… well it makes me feel like there might be a chance I can catch this before it gets too out of hand.

I also know that I will be very, very angry with myself if I let my weight get back up to 75kg. Because I made myself a promise that I would NEVER allow that to happen.

So I am going to start all over again today. And I will harness my sadness and all these weird feelings I am having, and I will try and use them to help me lose weight again.

I'm sure there's a very important life lesson in here for me somewhere. I can't see it yet, but it's somehow related to being emotionally vulnerable and masking that with food.

How do I do it? How do I be a fat chick who feels very unsafe and not turn to food? I don't know.

barbegirl71
02-24-2009, 07:47 PM
You sound like your in a very bad place at the moment Ani. Sorry I can't help you. Why can't you have this woman? Is she in a relationship already? It's not like you to get defeated by all of this crap, you're the one we all look to for inspiration, you always manage to find whatever it is blocking the way and conquer it no matter what. I hope you can find it again, you deserve to be happy.

7senuf
02-25-2009, 12:50 AM
made me want something emotionally. Something I very clearly cannot have.

Ani why can you not have anything emotionally? I understand that some people may be taken etc etc..... but that does NOT mean YOU are not worth having something too. You ARE worth it. Are you subconciously attracted to 'taken' women to protect yourself from becoming emotionally involved with ANYone?

I know way back you mentioned being very hurt in the past, but move forward.... take a chance. You deserve happiness :hug:

amouse
02-25-2009, 08:45 AM
Ani im sorry you feel so blue.. :)

But im glad you got your emotions out.. we all need to do it.. even the stronger ones.. :):hug:

ive had another successful day and im pleased.. i have had sooo many reasons to binge the last few days and i havent.

I dont remember whether or not i told you guys but one of my friends told her sister she had killed an old lady missing from up my street in december

.. .. seems liek the police may have found the old lady( monday ) and whats worse she is in bits a pieces makes it very hard to come to terms with knowing my friend was capable of that ... ( they havent confirmed yet whether or not it is the lady .. but im feeling very certain it is.. becuase of the other things that were found and where they found it )

Before this i could still kinda just sweep the thoughts under the rug and just make scenarios in my head that the lady was somewhere ok but now ... Friday they found the ladies dna in her car and monday they found human remains near her house.. I know they havent confirmed whos remains it is yet but i dont hink it take much to figure it out

3 days :)

PerthChick
02-25-2009, 06:01 PM
Barb she's straight, and I wouldn't even mention it to her - she's too valuable a friend for me to introduce that kind of tension to our friendship.

Vonni I suspect you're right - she's safe.

Hey Amy have you told the police what you're friend is saying? If it's the same situation, that old lady's murder has attracted a lot of media interest. It's terrible.

I think confession must be good for the soul. After writing yesterday's self-indulgent rant I felt a lot more in control of what I was doing - and then I had a visit from an old friend (the one who started losing weight with me, then stopped contacting me when she put all her weight back on). I had a chat to her about it and ended up being able to laugh about it all.

But most importantly I was able to eat on plan, and the only chocolate/evening snack I had was two Freddo frogs. While I was eating them I was aware of what I was doing - and why. So I ended the day with 1415 calories and 2L of water.

I still feel all the conflicting emotions that I did yesterday, but I am learning a really important lesson here… I'm going to have to confront those feelings, stop being afraid of them, and stop substituting/numbing them with chocolate :D.

Today is a brand new opportunity to be in control of food, to make choices that will be healthy for me, and to stop punishing myself for having feelings that make me uncomfortable.

barbegirl71
02-25-2009, 07:25 PM
You sound so much better today Ani. Good for you. I love the fact that you come to these humps in life and look for the reasons behind why you do the things that you do. You should be proud of yourself for not sweeping things under the rug. Most of us do this and never really get anywhere, these things always find ways to creep back into life. I can also understand not wanting to ruin a friendship. But Vonni is right, you deserve to be happy and have someone to share life with.

OMG Amy! I have no idea how I would feel knowing that I had a friend capable of doing what your friend has allegedly done. Am I right in thinking that you already talked to the police about her? If not go and do it right now!

Where's Kel, Lindor, Kylie?

pacman12
02-25-2009, 08:36 PM
Heartburn (funnily enough, we're learning GI drugs in my pharm class this week!). Sounds like a heartburn scenario, although with vomiting it is more like reflux.

Avoid: smoking, caffeine, spicy foods, eating before bed.
Do: Antacids (short term relief), raise head of bed at night.

If it's repetitive, go and get a breath test for H. pylori. Its a bug in your stomach that causes acid reflux and leads to ulcers. If you have it, it's eradicated by antibiotics (triple therapy) for 7-14 days.

amouse
02-26-2009, 06:02 AM
i have been talking with police the whole time and today Angelika was arrested ... the body was the old lady Vonne ... i didnt want to say who it was until it was out there..

AngeliKa has two daughters 3 and 10 .. she is an exfamily daycare worker and then worked at a newsagents nearby where she stole a credit card from a co worker and lost her job..
mid year there was an old man she was trying to scam.. and all the things she has been doing has lead up to this point ..

but the media has realised her identity now.. so i dont feel so bad .

im very releived she has been caught and have had a very unhappy little boy . he told me last night he knew everything becuase he over heard us speaking about it to the police back in december .. He has been scared ever since poor kid. I spoke to the school counciler today becuase i was worried about him and she has put a plan into place to get Cameron help.. the education deparment are sending him a pyscologist tommorrow.. they are not wasting any time.. Cameron told kerri ( the counseller) all the graphic details ...... he is only 8..

he told her he was only upset becuase he wouldnt see his friend again.. ( angelika's daughter) but there was far more too it...

Tonight i told him Angelika has been arressted he threw his arms up and cheered then gave me a big hug and started to cry.. he told me then he has been scared ever since.. and upset .. but didnt want to tell me becuase he thought he would be in trouble fro listening to something he shouldn't have.. My son has been terrifed for Months.. its so horrible to think that .. i didnt think he knew.. and now he is acting normal again.. i told my mum in the school holidays he was acting funny and was becoming a bit withdrawn and wasnt his normal happy self.. he been having trouble sleeping for months and has been very sullen but never put it all together.. I was too busy trying to deal with everything myself and i just didnt realise till last night when he finally told me.. he knew ...

4 days :)

7senuf
02-26-2009, 08:05 AM
Amy that must be so awful for you. I don;t know what to say.... But I will say this.. Cameron is getting help to deal with it, but you also take care of yrself. You will be Camerons rock for quite a while and he can also be yours. Talk about it to someone if you need to, even if its on how to assist the kids thrugh it.
Much hugs :hug:

PerthChick
02-26-2009, 03:51 PM
I agree 100% with Vonni - it's great that Cameron is getting counselling and support, but don't you neglect your own feelings in relation to what's happened. Talk to us, talk to friends, counsellors… anyone who will listen, and get whatever support you need :hug:.

I had another good day and reached all my goals. I was tempted to sabotage it all yesterday morning. It as pay day so I went to the ATM at the shopping centre, withdrew $300 - or thought I did - but the machine gave me back my card, kept my money - and debited my account. Now that was my food, petrol, cat food and living money for the fortnight.

So I went into the bank and they told me it would take up to 21 days to investigate and credit me with MY money. No matter how much I tried to tell them it was all the money I had, and that I would not eat, drive to work, feed my cats etc without that money, they were immovable.

They said they could give me an overdraft for a small fee of $45. No way! It's MY salary, THEIR stuff-up and they wanted to make a profit out of it? So I had a little tantrum in the bank, then walked away REALLY wanting to stuff my face.

But I didn't!

And I'm off to work soon, and have to work all day with 'she who has done my head in' - or my heart :dizzy:.

And I am absolutely determined that this will be Day Three of reaching every single goal I set myself, and I WILL NOT let myself down!

Bloody banks!

7senuf
02-27-2009, 04:18 AM
Ani can you talk to your bank and accdept the overdraft on condition that upon their 21 day investigation the overdraft fee is reversed?

And 21 days? That seems ecessive. It's happened to me before and they reconcile all the time. 48 hours should be a maximum time. Maybe if you speak to their head office of customer service?

7senuf
02-27-2009, 04:20 AM
oh yeah......... My first shift at the hospital is Monday night.... woohoo finally i will be a REAL nurse lol.

amouse
02-27-2009, 06:16 AM
Oh Ani that sucks.. but hmmmm... hopw could you have a binge that requires food..... an that takes money??? lol ... 21 days is a joke Those atm's have video Cameras on them all of them.. that would clearly show wheather the money came out or not.. Dad had it happen and it only took 2 days for him too.. me thinks i little more kicking and screaming needs to be done.

Cameron is fine the lady came in today and made him draw a load of pictures about the way he felt.. .. i loved the ones of me.... a stick figure... (why thank you Cam) with great big arm muscles.. every picture had me keeping him safe with my big muscles.. .. it was great to see what he was thinking .... and they decided though what he knows is very disturbing he now feels very safe after the arrest .

As for me i am fine.. i mean come on as long as you guys have known me there has been constant crap in my life.. nothing goes smoothly for me very long at all .. and i think it has made me very strong.. and this im dealing with very well ... Well until Wednesday when Cameron told me he knew things he shouldn't . I felt i couldn't cope so went to the school for help.. and they acted straight away ... and so to did the education department.. i couldnt be happier..

another good day for me..
5 days

PerthChick
02-27-2009, 03:37 PM
Vonni are you excited about your first big shift? Woo hoo :carrot:, I'm really proud of you!

Amy I am glad that things are resolved in that terrible situation. Any idea of why Angelika did it?

I borrowed money off my best friend until the bank decides to give me my money back. She's far more reliable than any bank, and doesn't charge as much :D.

I reached all my goals yesterday, and felt really good about it too. That's Day Three for me!

Today I work from 6.30am - 2.30pm and I'm determined to get it right again. If I can stay on plan for seven days in a row I am going to reward myself with a day trip to the zoo next week.

PerthChick
02-28-2009, 03:45 PM
Day Four - done! I ate 1420 calories, drank 2.7L of water and walked 14,500 steps on my pedometer.

Tomorrow is weigh-in so that's a good incentive to reach my goals today.

I'm feeling pretty strong in my resolve at the moment. I've discovered, all over again, that it means a lot to me to lose these next few kilos. I have been sabotaging myself, not only for emotional reasons - but because it does my head in to think that I am capable of being below 70kg.

Yes, it's just another number - but for me it's a massive milestone. For years, when I was at a 'healthy' weight I was comfortably between 70-72kg. I'm one of those people who thought that getting down to 70kg would be the most amazing things ever. I have NEVER worn Size 12 clothes in my adult life - and my head has never believed that I would.

So this is very new territory for me. At the moment I wear a Size 14 in most things, and even then some clothes are tight - so the 'challenge' of buying a Size 12 is still probably 5kg away (at least).

I think it's going to freak me out when the day comes that my current wardrobe is too big.

But one day at a time. I am still a long way from having to face the smaller wardrobe challenge. Right now the challenge is to chip away at my weight on a daily basis, and keep strong and stubborn :dizzy:.

smylie
03-01-2009, 10:26 AM
wowowowo
wwo
wow
wow

so so much it so little time! i have NOT been "gone" that long surely

amy - you rock, your attitude as a mother rocks you sticking to goals for five days now rocks

vonni - woohoo nursey!!! that is so exciting! how did you go?

gen - are you still thinking about getting the band surgery?

ani - banks suck, i borrow money from my brother and i have a friend as well that has lent me money before i bother ringing the bank

me - was nasty to jemima tonight coz i am over her being nasty to me - i have never before but i told her that tomorrow daddy is going to work and she is stuck with me so she BETTER be nice (but i put in some swear words and dragged it out)
she has just been so trying and 'naughty' lately and daddy daddy daddy daddy daddy, i wouldnt mind her being a daddy's girl if she 'liked' me too... yes i am a big sook

and i am feeling 'guilty' coz i think she got drunk last night and i think i poured the drink for her.... NOT happy jan, went to housewarming party at neighbours house where there were about 5 other kids not just jemima and i'm guessing a heap of people that might have had to drive home, and there was punch on a very very very low kiddy looking table, that jemima was trying to help herself to... so i helped her pour a nice glass full and she looked really cute with what i thought was normal punch and she drank it all and i watched her and then someone said she looked drunk but i thought she was just tired and unco
THEN hours later neighbours announces that "rum based punch on the little table.... yadda yadda" so jem had drunk heaps and i helped her so i felt like crap coz i have been trying so so hard to be a "responsible in control/charge mummy" boohoo

and i have not been as in control as i want to be with my eating, but usually it is like i just dont care and realise there is no rush.... so perhaps a gain tomorrow morning (as we called into my parents house by surprise so they got kfc etc)
anyway
will
check
in
and
let
you
know

PerthChick
03-01-2009, 05:22 PM
Is this even possible? I've DROPPED 2.2kg :carrot:. Some of it must have been water weight - but I nearly fell off the scales when they said 71.8kg just now.

Day Five - I met all my goals: 1580 calories, 2.7L of water and 13,400 steps.

Today I will aim for something similar, and I am fairly confident I will get there.

Kel good to hear from you. I've been wondering how things are going with you.

Julia, Lindor, Barb - where are you?

LittleKiwi
03-01-2009, 05:49 PM
I'm here Ani. Have been lurking for the past week or so and now I'm coming in with my tail between my legs.

On Friday I attended a good friend's wedding. It was a wonderful day, the bride looked stunning and everyone had a great time.

The ceremony was at midday, followed by bubbles and canapes. I drank too many glasses of bubbles and decided to go hit the town with a bunch of other people who had attended the wedding.

I totally lost control of myself and went on a binge. I completely lost the ability to know my limit and I blacked out - just like the old me that I'd tried so hard to leave behind.

My memory of most of the evening is fuzzy at best - I remember being in one bar, I think I may have fallen over but am not sure and then all of a sudden I "came to" and found myself in another bar, sitting on a sofa by myself in the corner with no idea how I'd gotten there. I lost my cardie but by some miracle managed to find my handbag and was able to get a taxi home.

I'm so disappointed and ashamed of myself. I'm dreading talking to my friend when she gets back from her honeymoon in case I did something awful in front of her friends while I was blacked out.

As an added bonus, because of the fact that I effectively overdosed on alcohol, I am now depressed and I know from experience that the depression will last most of the week while my body fights to get some sense of equalibrium back.

7senuf
03-01-2009, 06:09 PM
Wow must be feeling so stoked. :broc::broc::broc:Congratulations. Not far now till goal.:D

Kel don't beat yrself up about it :hug:. Your neighbours were pretty irrisponsible putting it on a low kiddy type table for starters. Oh and to not mention it before hours later???? How many other kids were 'helping themselves".

The rum prob wasnt to much. In saying that how did she sleep last night:lol:

I remember my nephew at 18mths, went around getting the 'dregs' out of everyones beer bottles at a family bbq (they were under chairs) and man was he rolling. My brother in law walked him up n down yard for a few hours gave him cold showers even gave him coffee lol. We knew the seriousness but can look back on it now and laugh.

I'm excited, going to have a lay down today when i take eb to daycare so i am awake for tonight well. Will post in morn how i went.

I jumped on scales last week and they were a kilo down........... however this morn are a kilo up grrrrr. So I am hovering on 78.4kg give or take. I am so over this.

PerthChick
03-01-2009, 06:11 PM
Julia you have left the old you behind. The fact that you've come here and talked about it so soon after it happened - that shows you're not like you used to be. Don't punish yourself mate - you can't change what happened, but you can be really proud that you've stopped it now :hug:.

Do the things you know you can control - drink heaps of water to help flush your system, and even though you don't feel like it, some exercise will help shift that dark cloud faster than almost anything. And DON'T beat yourself up!

LittleKiwi
03-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Thanks Ani :hug:

barbegirl71
03-01-2009, 10:30 PM
I've had a miserable weekend, and have gained 200g :^: Doesn't surprise me, in fact I was expecting a lot more.

Well done Ani :carrot:

Don't worry about it Kel, I think every family has a drunk kid story to tell :dizzy:

Julia I agree with Ani :hug:

Amy you're on fire, and with all things you have to deal with you should be really proud of yourself, I am :D

Vonni good luck with your first shift tonight :smug:

7senuf
03-01-2009, 10:59 PM
Julia I was sitting on post page before sending and now i see yrs.

:hug: well done for recognising and coming in to talk to us. Have you found yr cardi yet?

Dnt let it get you down so u eat crap for the sake of eating crap, you will only feel worse. Are you still hungover? Poor thing :(

LittleKiwi
03-01-2009, 11:30 PM
Not hungover as such. I threw up on Saturday afternoon so that cleaned the system out a bit. Have been drinking loads of water. Just feel the cloud of depression that inevitably follows such a binge. Thank you all for your support, it means a lot to me to be able to talk about this.

amouse
03-02-2009, 06:24 AM
Day 8 :) . had a great weekend.. was feeling a bit desperate to escape my house on saturday and went to the furniture store to see if i could find Cameron a storage solution for his bedroom..

What i found was a gorgeous Cabin bed with pull out desk a cupboard and crawl space behind plenty big enough to house the many boxes of Camerons toys .. Brillient.. on Sunday i went back down and picked it up with Mum and Dad then we spent about 4 hours putting in together..

Today i spent the day all day with friends.. we went to macca for a coffee then ended up at going to one of there houses for lunch.. stayed till school pick up then ..Got invited to another friends house so the kids could play.. .. lol left home at 8.30 this morning got home at 6.30 tonight ... been Fabulous.. :)

Julia i hope your starting to feel better after your night of a little too much fun....

Kel your neighbour is very silly to leave that bowl down low where the kids could get to it.. i hope Jem is ok ... not your fault at all ..

Ani .. sounds liek your ready for some action in the kilo department :)

Vonni how you finding the nursey roll??? congrats :) i hope your enjoying it.... and there is at least one cute doctor for eye candy.. lol

Barb.. thanks :) you know we really should meet up some time.. adelaide aint that big we could meet half way... what do you say?

LittleKiwi
03-02-2009, 04:07 PM
Feeling a little better today. Ani, you'll be proud of me - I dragged myself to the gym last night and did 30 minutes weights circuit training. It's a lot less than I usually do on a Monday night but a lot more than I felt like doing and I know that it made me feel better in the long run.

I have an appointment with my kinesiologist this morning and I'm sure that I'll feel better after seeing him.

Thanks again for all your support ladies, it's really meant a lot to me.

PerthChick
03-02-2009, 06:50 PM
Julia that is awesome! I AM really proud of you, and more importantly I hope you're genuinely proud of yourself. To face the fear that comes with what you've been through - and manage it it such a positive and determined way… that takes guts!

Bad day for me yesterday. Broke a toe when I got out of bed - delightful! Then at 8am the ex-girlfriend "popped in" (she lives a fair way from me so it wasn't just an idle visit). After a pleasant cuppa she starts to produce this list of money I owe her. Apparently in 2003 she bought me a shirt - and that's just a small example. She has kept a record of every single cent she ever spent on me - and now wants it all back.

She and her partner earn $240,000 a year between them. I earn $34,000 and she wants a share of THAT? How many ways must a girl pay for a bad, bad relationship?

She still has so many of my possessions, I could have gone to a lawyer and got a share of her house when we separated - I would be legally entitled to it - but I am a (too) fair-minded person and didn't want to go down that path.

So I went to work limping badly (try working in steel caps with a broken toe) and in a really bad mood. But I ended up eating 1359 calories and walking over 10,000 steps… well kinda walking :D. I only drank a litre of water - so not quite a perfect day.

Before I started work I wrote a big note that said: Don't you f%#ing DARE punish yourself for what she just did.

And I am very proud to report that I didn't!

Vonni how did you go?

Barb, it was just a few bad days. Are you able to come up with a plan to anticipate these times and have something in place to prevent them?

OK - best start to think about work. Today I am so going to nail my goals - every single one of them. This kilo is in serious danger!!!

pacman12
03-02-2009, 08:19 PM
Oh god the married man is so lovely. I really really just want to squish him!

7senuf
03-02-2009, 08:42 PM
lmao Gen.

Ani that cow. Like a gift is that... a gift whether it be just because or a birthday doesnt matter. Dnt pay her any money. She can't force you to and let it help you stay strong. Use some of that anger towards yr exercise lol.

First shift went great. Quite busy. I was on the ward that A & E clients get sent to if admitted. And they were busy in there. We only had 3 admissions during my shift other than was already there but the paperwork n questions take a fair amount of time. Loved it all though. Tired today though as i had a bad night with Ebony.

Work again tomorrow morning woohoo.

barbegirl71
03-03-2009, 01:44 AM
Julia. I had to look up what a kinesiologist was! And good on you for picking yourself up and dusting yourself off when it can be way too easy to fall down and stay there.

Ani. Tell her to bugger off. My first fiancee tried that one on me. He wanted to take all of the gifts that my family gave us for our engagement and tried to make me pay half of HIS credit card.

LittleKiwi
03-03-2009, 03:57 PM
Wow Ani, what a cheek. I hope you can tell her to sod off and I hope that she does!

I didn't go to the gym yesterday, was feeling too lazy so I went home and did some more packing instead. Can't wait to pick up the keys to the new place and be able to move in.

PerthChick
03-03-2009, 06:18 PM
Gen you and I should start a club - membership will only be open to those of us who become infatuated with inaccessible people :p.

THE woman at work said to me yesterday: "what a shame we're on opposite sides of the fence - we'd be great together!". ARGH! Later on she invited me over one night soon to 'get on the p!ss, play Wii Fit and crash for the night'.

Surely she knows! Surely she's playing with me. Oh well - it's an adventure :dizzy:. As long as I keep check with my emotions and don't buy into it, I'll be fine.

Had another good day and met all my goals yesterday. I'm really happy with how that side of things is progressing.

As far as the ex goes, doesn't it just show her true character. I was chatting on the phone to my closest friend last night, and she said the same thing as all of you - don't give her anything. And then she said I should consider seriously why I allow her to even be in my life.

I have three days off - woo hoo! And I have no concrete plans aside from resting my broken toe.

Julia it isn't long now until you move. How exciting!

LittleKiwi
03-04-2009, 04:29 PM
Oh yes, Ani I meant to say OW!!! I hope your toe gets better soon.

I managed to drag myself to the gym last night even though I really didn't feel like going. All I did was weights and I think it's the first time in my life I've ever done weights and not followed it with cardio!

Tonight I'll be moving boxes from my flat upstairs down to my car so that'll be good exercise.

Only one more sleep till moving day!

PerthChick
03-04-2009, 07:03 PM
Julia are you all packed up and organised for the move? As exciting as it is, moving also has its stressful moments.

I had another good day yesterday and reached all my goals. And I feel equally determined to do it again today. It's another day off work and I'm going to take my camera and take photos somewhere - if I think my toe will stand up to it I might even go to the zoo…

LittleKiwi
03-04-2009, 07:53 PM
Yes, Ani I'm all packed up and ready to go. My tiny wee flat is chokka with boxes and I've had to put a bunch out on the shared landing. Thankfully I can trust the other people in the building not to pinch stuff!

Tonight I'm borrowing a ute from a friend's brother and I will load it all up ready to start first thing in the morning. A friend is helping me tomorrow and I'm planning to get all the contents done and will then hire a trailer on Saturday and another friend and her partner will help me with the heavier and bigger furniture etc.

Now for my big news ... my friend who got married last week came to visit me. You'll remember that it was after her wedding that I wrote myself off. Well she's had no reports of me doing anything humiliating and she was really understanding and offered to help in any way so that was both a relief and also really nice of her.

Now for the bit that I'm really proud of:

On tv here we have a really good campaign of anti binge-drinking adverts on tv. There's one which shows a woman drinking in a bar with friends, people leave and at the end of the night she's still there drinking on her own until some dodgy guy leads her outside and down a dark alley. That particular ad hits VERY close to home for me.

So last night I saw one of the ads and I wrote the website down. Looked at it this morning and found a phone number for the NZ alcohol and drug helpline. I called and spoke to a lovely lady and she's going to send me some reading material which should help me figure out what my next step will be.

It was a big step and I'm really proud of myself for doing it.

Ps, I keep meaning to change my ticker ... have lost 1.1kg! :carrot:

pacman12
03-05-2009, 07:07 PM
Ani, I should be the president!

PerthChick
03-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Gen you crack me up :D.

I had a bad day with food yesterday - I ate fish and chips AND I ate ice-cream. It could have been worse…

Yesterday morning I realised that I am really, really angry with my ex. Not because she is demanding money - but for a myriad of reasons. I suppose it's anger that has built up, been swallowed, and which I have kept inside me.

And while I was in this frame of mind I learned that my birth father was part-Aboriginal. Now don't misunderstand me, I don't have a racist bone in my body, and I don't tolerate racism in the people I mix with. But it was a shock to learn that all the same.

Why have my birth family, who have now known me for more than 13 years, never told me? I am SICK of people keeping secrets from me - especially when those secrets are MINE!

I remember my old doctor asking me, about 10 years ago, if one of my parents was Indigenous, because some health thing or other I had at the time was more typically found in non-white people - but I put it out of my head until yesterday.

I feel terribly sad that I never knew. Sad that I have missed something important… as you can probably tell, my head is still spinning.

But I'm not going to stuff myself with food and mask whatever I am feeling. I am going to look after myself, and today I am straight back on plan.

I didn't go to the zoo yesterday - but I AM going today. And I AM going to eat no more than 1650 calories and reach all my other goals.

PerthChick
03-06-2009, 06:22 PM
For the second day in a row I let myself down :(. I understand why, on some level, because I am trying to get my head around some big changes in my life - as well as trying to deal with the shock of allowing myself to feel attracted to someone for the first time in a very long time.

But today is a new opportunity to get it right, and it's with some relief that I am going back to the routine and familiarity of work after three days off.

I WILL meet my goals today - no excuses, no exceptions! I want to lose this weight more than anything, and I want to find the courage to face my fears and my difficult past.

Where is everyone? Lindor, Vonni, Kel, Amy, Barb… what's going on?

7senuf
03-07-2009, 05:04 AM
I'm here. Just watching and feeling sad sore and sorry for myself. Went to the dentist yesterday and had a tooth pulled. Well it was aching real bad last night and this morning my face is swollen like a balloon and it is absolute agony. I reached my quoto of 24hr max in painkillers by 8am this morning (took em yesterday to). I've had teeth pulled before but never had pain or swelling like this. So took myself off to Dr and they gave me antibiotics as a precaution and some heavy duty pain killers so been sort of sleeping the day away. One good thing tho..... At least I'm not eating lol.

Ani isnt it funny when u r that used to work when it stops you dnt know what to do with yrself. All the plans in the world can be made but something happens. Wow what a shock yet exciting to have that news. At least now you can list it on medical records in case something does pop up thats more common for indigenous (is that how u spell it?) people. Do u know anyone on yr birth fathers side of family??? I'm a bitza myself. bit of this and bit of that... even a bit of south african lmao. Think most of us are.

7senuf
03-07-2009, 05:45 AM
Very proud of my little niece Tiann. She is in a movie starring Natalie Imbruglia and she plays her character as a young girl. Its called Closed For Winter www.natalieimbruglia.com

7senuf
03-08-2009, 06:33 PM
where is everyone???

PerthChick
03-08-2009, 07:28 PM
I weighed in this morning - and was the same as last Monday. Last week I had four days on-plan and three where I could have done better - so this week I am going to improve on that.

Today's goals are: to eat less than 1650 calories, drink 2L of water and walk 10,000 steps. I'm working 11am-7pm and it's going to be 35ºC - so I have NO excuses.

Vonni is your mouth better?

And I am with you - where has everyone gone?

LittleKiwi
03-08-2009, 08:00 PM
I'm here!

Got everything shifted on Friday and man, what hard work that was. We spent the first 5 hours shifting my friend's stuff and then just over 1 hour shifting my stuff.

The weekend was spent unpacking boxes and getting the new place all set up. The lounge has 2 big windows and the sun streams in and heats the place up really well. My new bedroom is lovely and spacious and I've got a lovely big wardrobe which is very exciting having not had one for the past 2 years!

Diet hasn't been great but that's to be expected when shifting. Friday night I got pizza for dinner and that turned out to be the best idea I'd had in ages - no cutlery or crockery needed, no cleaning up and we were able to have the leftovers for breakfast. Perfect when everything was still packed away!

So back to some sense of normality today. I've packed a nice healthy lunch and will go to the gym after work and do my weights circuit followed by an aerobics class.

Ani it sounds like you've got a lot of things on your mind. Very interesting to learn that you have Aboriginal ancestry. Is it something that you could trace maybe? It would be interesting to learn more about.

7senuf
03-08-2009, 11:45 PM
Julia did it take longer to shift yr friends stuff cause you were more organised? Or does she just have loads of crap?? lol. Pizza occassionally isnt going to kill you. Glad you like yr new place.

Ani no mouth is still very sore, and I am getting cranky.

But the upside is I have lost 600gm :carrot: :carrot: finally something. All of cause due to the fact that I cant swallow very well.

barbegirl71
03-09-2009, 06:35 AM
Well, I give up. Seems the harder I try the fatter I get.

LittleKiwi
03-09-2009, 04:35 PM
Ha Ha Vonni. Basically she had way more stuff than me. She'd been living in a huge 4 bedroom house so had lots of space to accumulate stuff. The garage is currently full of boxes that she needs to sort out.

Don't give up Barb. What's going on?

I went to the gym last night and did 30 minutes weights circuit and 45 minutes circuit aerobics class. Hard work!

Today I'm leaving work at lunchtime to go and wait for the Sky TV man to come and do an installation. Out for dinner and movies with a friend tonight as she's moving to the Gold Coast on Thursday.

PerthChick
03-09-2009, 08:03 PM
Gross and revolting - it's going to be 37ºC here today.

Barb what's going on? Are you eating to a plan, what are you doing that isn't working? Don't give up - you're too important to do that to yourself :hug:. And you know that if you give up you'll put more weight on, then get more upset with yourself… and the cycle will continue. Why not post your meal plan here or something, and we can help you.

Julia there's nothing like a fresh start. It's going to be interesting living with someone else, but in a good way. Have you got the info about the binge drinking yet? You are so brave - I'm proud of you.

Vonni how's nursing going? Haven't heard much after the first shift.

Where is Amy, Kel and Lindor?

Good day for me yesterday. I ate 1470 calories, drank 2.4L of water and walked 10,000 steps. I want today to be just as successful. I am working 1-9pm, and it'll be hot at work - but I'm in a pretty determined frame of mind at the moment, so hopefully all will be fine.

barbegirl71
03-10-2009, 02:50 AM
I know what I'm doing wrong, just haven't found the motivation to stick at it I suppose. I eat really well all week and then give up on the weekends, so I'm not really loosing anything just maintaining at this horrible 100+ weight. I feel really uncomfortable but it's not enough to spur me along I guess. I was really hating myself when I posted last. I'm not really giving up!

pacman12
03-10-2009, 07:16 PM
Yay - got 96% on my pharm test. Maintaining an A/4.0 average so far in my NP program, so I'm happy with that, given how much stuff I've got going on.

PerthChick
03-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Barb I'm glad to hear you are not giving up. One day you'll figure it out - it took me about five years of 'starting diets - then quitting' before I worked it out. And the only thing that seemed to be different was that one day I just decided I needed to find a way to eat, and to move, that I could honestly see myself doing for the rest of my life.

Once I worked out how to include everything I love, and that includes chocolate and the occasional takeaway, things started to fall into place for me. And once I understood that I would really have to work at it, and become really conscious of all my decisions, I knew I had it figured out.

Gen - woo hoo :carrot:! Are you still enjoying it?

I had a reasonably good day yesterday. I ate a little too much - 1780 calories, but I drank 2.9L of water and walked over 11,000 steps. So I'm not going to beat myself up for that.

Today I'm working 10-6pm and intend to meet all my goals. I have the next three days off, and I'm intending to do a major overhaul of the garden - and I am DEFINITELY going to the zoo. I didn't get there last week, and that was because of the dramas in my life - but I am going to treat myself this week - no matter what!

Bank finally gave me my money back yesterday. I should send them a bill for fees relating to the "loan" I gave them. Pfft!

barbegirl71
03-11-2009, 02:35 AM
Thanks Ani. You always have wise words to share with us. I've decided that I'm turning 40 in just over two years and I'd like to have lost 30kg by then. I know I can do this given the length of time I have, but I'm hoping I don't sabotage myself by saying "you've got 2 1/2 years, start next week". Before I know it it'll be here and I'll still be the same, or more likely heavier!

Congratulations Gen, smarty pants!!

7senuf
03-11-2009, 08:25 AM
Ani you are amazing..... to say that you are not going to beat yrself up about it.... Thats what we seem to do isnt it and it only makes us feel more anxious and obsessive. Well done.

Gen congratulations :carrot:

Barb the big 40? You will look amazing and have an amazing time I am positive of that. :hug:

LittleKiwi
03-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Yay Gen, congratulations that's awesome :cp:

I managed to drag myself to the gym last night and did weights and 40 minutes cardio. I'm really struggling with going to the gym at the moment so it was quite an achievement to go and do anything at all.

No gym tonight because I've won tickets to see a movie about U2 :D

I dont' know why I'm feeling so run down and unmotivated. I feel like I could sleep for a week!

Glad to hear that the bank finally gave you your money back Ani.

pacman12
03-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Had to shoe horn myself into a suit for work today. Reinforced steel underwear required to hold the requisite bits in enough to not hang out of it. Joy.

Ani, loving it but truly busy and stressed to the max. COnsidering going to docs to get anxiety meds as am ball of stress!

PerthChick
03-11-2009, 08:18 PM
Barb I reckon that if you're going to 'drop 30 by 40' you need a plan. All you need to do is lose 0.3kg/week, but it won't come off by itself - and it won't come off without work.

This is my 32nd month of weight loss, and I have had to focus and work to a plan just to lose around 1kg/month - but in that time I have learned an awful lot about myself and my relationship with food. Are you up for a challenge?

Vonni I have to keep reminding myself to not get annoyed when I stuff up - but it's a good lesson to learn: we can't go back to yesterday and re-write our history, we can only learn from it and make today a better day.

Julia are you able to find something other than the gym? Maybe it's getting boring for you - or it could be that you are reacting to all the changes in your life. Moving house can be a big stressor, and changing your living circumstances is always tough, so don't be hard on yourself. I think it's important to take a deep breath and think about what's going on.

Gen was it wrong to laugh? I had this visual image ( your fault :p) of you and your steel-reinforced clothes, but then I also had a glimpse of someone sad. Are you sure you're OK? I think it's a good idea to go to the doctor and get some meds - being that stressed isn't going to help you at all. I know you set the bar very high for yourself academically, and want to be really good at what you're doing - but what's the worst thing that would happen if you gave 10% less to that formidible brain of yours and 10% more to your heart?

Hmmm?

You already know that you're someone I admire a great deal, and I am really proud of the things you've achieved. I love your determination and your spirit, your inability to suffer fools, your self-deprecating humour… And I worry about you a little.

Oh dear - I need more coffee. Sorry - didn't mean that to become a speech :dizzy:.

I had a good day again yesterday in terms of meeting my goals, but I have to confess I was more than a little distracted by you-know-who :o. I really need to get my sh!t together.

I'm now having three days off, and I am definitely off to the zoo as soon as I have eaten breakfast. Goals for today are to NOT over-eat, to walk 10,000 steps and to drink 2L of water. I'm off to see Phantom of the Opera tonight - my best friend is shouting me. Yay!

7senuf
03-11-2009, 10:56 PM
Ani you gotta post some pics for us on yr trip to the zoo. Have a fabulous day xxx

barbegirl71
03-12-2009, 12:21 AM
What sort of challenge did you have in mind Ani?

I laughed too Gen, but I also sympathised with you. I own underwear just like that. Hard to get into and even harder to get out of!

LittleKiwi
03-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Last night I went to see U2 in 3D and it was awesome! 3D has come a long way since I was a kid, it was like being on stage with them. So cool!

Ani I am bored of the gym but the problem with me is that if I don't go to the gym, I won't do anything else! There's certainly something to be said for the fact that moving house is a big disruption.

My diet has been shocking over the past couple of weeks and I'm gaining weight because of it. This weekend I'm going to sit down and make a plan.

PerthChick
03-12-2009, 08:20 PM
I had a wonderful day at the zoo - took 200 photos (and really like some of them) and walked around for four hours. Then last night I went to Phantom of the Opera - awesome!

Vonni when I sort through my pics I will try and post some, or put them somewhere you can see them.

Hey Barb I think that if you can get your head around weekends you will nail this. How many calories do you allow yourself, and what kind of meal plan are you following? Are you exercising at all? If you tell me these things I will offer you a challenge :D.

Julia it doesn't matter what you did yesterday, or for the last two weeks. You can't change that, so don't dwell on it. Think about this coming week and what you would like to achieve… and then make a plan to do it. The only reason to think about what you've already done is if you want to understand why, and then change it.

I met my goals yesterday and am proud of that. I only just made my food goal, but it's all good.

Today I don't have any concrete plans except for food shopping. I have a vague idea of tidying up the front yard, and I might spend a couple of hours doing that - but I'm not planning much. Maybe some domestics…

pacman12
03-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Ani :hug: you sound just like my mum. I did get my perfectionism under control for a while, but it's raging away again now! I guess because I don't have many friends or things to do outside work, it makes it too easy to just focus on work and school. I am taking a lighter load next term though. Once I get my first masters (from Aus) done later this year, it will be much easier. Thanks for the advice - you're spot on. Just annoyed - I did call the doctor's office, and the nice lady doc I found has left that clinic! Bugger!

I also found a "natural health" clinic that treats symptoms of hypothyroid, even if the test results are normal. I look at this list, and literally have every symptom. I can't believe this isn't part of the issue : http://www.nhnaturalmedicine.com/hypothyroidism/

7senuf
03-13-2009, 01:49 AM
Gen same.... my results were normal but on borderline. You would figure they could do something hey.

7senuf
03-13-2009, 01:50 AM
The only thing on that list I dont have is frequent colds or sore throats and constipation.

LittleKiwi
03-13-2009, 05:44 PM
Gen, I hope that the natural health clinic can help. It does seem amazing that you have every single symptom and the doctors can't do anything to help.

I was having friends over for pizza and a movie last night so went to the gym first and did 40 minutes cardio.

Found out some super cool news this morning. My baby cousin (not really, he's 25 ;)) has won Cleo bachelor of the year in Singapore! He's half Singaporean but grew up in NZ. He was on holiday last year and was spotted by a talent scout from one of Singapore's top modelling agencies and since then he's stayed in Singapore and is becoming really successful with modelling.

I'm so proud!! :D:D

7senuf
03-14-2009, 03:52 AM
How cool Julia. A model for a cuzzie :)

guess what..... in Big W they have a universal gym station. The last 4 catalogues its been in i have wanted one and put my name down everytime and never got it (the figure staff can wait).. But the department manager got an extra one in for me the other day and put in on a no deposit layby. woohoo. so in 8 weeks i should have a home gym. how cool. dont know where the heck i am gonna put it but i am excited.

PerthChick
03-15-2009, 09:05 PM
I'm changing my weigh-in day to Fridays. My roster at work has changed and I am now going to be working Sunday - Thursday every week and it makes sense to me to weigh-in at the end of my working week.

This week's goal is simple: I don't care if I only lose 100g, but I want to lose SOMETHING. So… nothing over 1650 calories/day, nothing less than 2L water/day and either 10,000 steps or two hours of physical activity every day.

I know now that I want it. I want to reach that day where I get up in the morning, jump on the scales and have that indescribable feeling - that they tell me I am under 70kg. I'm getting a little bit excited, and a little bit frustrated, because it still feels a long way off. And I am losing so slowly! But this is the first time I have known that I really, really want it.

…And the first time I have known that I am really, really going to make it happen!

barbegirl71
03-15-2009, 09:34 PM
Good on you Ani. You really sound detirmined. You've come a long way and the end is just around the corner.

I've lost 600g from last weeks horror weigh in. And the gas man has just come and turned off my gas!!!

7senuf
03-16-2009, 12:10 AM
Just had a thought and wondered where Kel was hiding, but then remembered she told me she is having 'serious issues' with her internet. "hurry back Kel"

I am getting excited. We are meeting up on Saturday and spending time on the beach with the kids. Should be fun. Hoping also to have a walk around the hill from Greenmount to rainbow bay. Thats if the little ones not to tired.

I dont expect a loss this week, George is visiting, nor next weeks weigh in either (weekend away lol). Though I am doing serious walking on Friday when we go to movie world. Can't wait. woo

Ani you are so close. i bet u are getting excited aout the big (or little) 70.

LittleKiwi
03-16-2009, 04:01 AM
I've been wondering where Kel is too so thanks for the update Vonni! That's exciting that you're getting a home gym :D

I weighed in today and was horrified (but not surprised) to see 88.3kg register on the scale. The food diary is back out and I'm going to try REALLY hard not to snack between meals.

LittleKiwi
03-16-2009, 04:43 PM
I'm pleased to be able to report that last night I did not snack at all after dinner!

:woohoo:

7senuf
03-16-2009, 11:29 PM
:carrot: julia

PerthChick
03-17-2009, 05:45 PM
Hopefully I am on track to lose some weight by Friday - I have now had four days in a row of meeting all my goals, and have been working pretty hard.

Today will be a challenge though. I'm going to a training course where they will feed us, and where we'll be sitting down all day. To make things even more interesting 'that woman' is coming with me :dizzy:.

I'm having a serious wardrobe crisis. I have hardly any clothes now, and most of them are starting to look loose on me. I am not exaggerating when I say I could fit my clothes into two suitcases - and if I threw out what is loose it would be down to a backpack. I can't afford to buy much, so I may have to go to the op shop on my days off and see what I can magic up.

Might have to go for a walk this afternoon. If I'm going to spend the day sitting on my bum I'm not going to get much exercise. Blurk! How did I ever spend my previous working life on a chair?

smylie
03-19-2009, 03:33 AM
mama mia
here we go again
woo woo
da da da da da dum

hey hey
yep SERIOUS internet issues, my computer better learn to fly coz i want to throw it out the window

and i have been SERIOUSLY ashamed at my weight GAINS
i have put on everything i lost with my smarty pants no diet diet
which SERIOUSLY was working
but then i stopped thinking and caring and stuff
but i am back now
but still eating too much

i weighed in on sunday and was 99.2 which was cool coz that meant i had not put on but then i weighed myself on monday (official day for me) and well
it happened AGAIN
i was 100
could have cried
but didnt

in more FAB EXCITING NEWS i am meeting vonni on saturday!!!!!!!!
woo woo

jem was in hospital this morning with weird breathing and they explained this time with regards to viral infections that get down to her chest - and that works for me HEAPS better than her being astmatic woo woo again

i forgot and then couldnt afford my medication for a couple of weeks that led to a couple of meltdowns the monday and tuesday just gone but back on them now and also kicked myself in butt in regards to that and have just cleaned out half the pantry and the top of my cupboard and kept the lounge tidy for a good 2 or 3 days so am PROUD of that too

julia - please post photo of sexy cousin
ani - suggestions please on veges to plant nowish and how to stop ants (teeeeny tiny ones) eating my corn from the inside
gen - superwoman granny pants!!! i have some of those but SADLY enough they are TOO SMALL hehehehehe
barb - lets do this together if i can lose 30kg in 2 years i will be happy and that is "only" 15 kg in 12 months which is just over 1kg a month which is less than 500grams a week woo woo

woo woo
woo woo

how is lindor?
etc?
hehehe
sorry if you think you are etc

oh amy? how are you???? is the murder stuff all over? how is your sister
sorry that i cant go back and read all the pages i missed

LittleKiwi
03-19-2009, 04:27 PM
Great to see you back Kel! You're not the only one struggling at the moment, I have lost all focus and have been eating everything in my path!

I've only been to the gym once this week and that was on Monday. Tuesday I had to go and mow mum's lawns instead, Wednesday I had a seminar after work and last night I had an appointment.

The seminar was a 4 course meal too plus canapes beforehand and I couldn't stop eating!

Not helping things is the fact that on Sunday morning I depart for a week in Fiji on a work trip and that = hosted breakfast, lunch and dinner every day with lots of lovely food to tempt me and little chance for any exercise.

Will post again when I'm back.

PerthChick
03-19-2009, 07:22 PM
Kel it's great to see you back - we missed you.

Try spraying those ants with Pyrethrum or a product called Natrasoap. They are both safe for vegetables (you can't eat what you spray for a couple of days) but they are a lot less toxic than most things on the market.

As for what to plant, think green and think roots: so onion, beetroot, spinach, brocolli, cauliflower, beans, peas, cabbage… and as many herbs as you want. There are other things too - but it isn't the best time to plant ones that will flower/fruit (such as tomatoes etc).

Julia have a safe and wonderful trip. It's a pity that you have lost focus on yourself, but that will come back.

I weighed in this morning: 70.8kg :carrot:. That's another kilo gone, and takes me very close to *that* milestone.

On my virtual walk across Australia I only have about 200km to go before I cross the border into South Australia - of course that means I have the looooooong trek across the Nullarbor :dizzy:, but I'll get there!

It's my days off work today and tomorrow, and I'm going to potter in the garden and clean the house today. Tomorrow I am helping a friend paint her bathroom or kitchen, and clean up some of her back yard after the builders have been there for six months renovating.

This week's goals are simple, and the same as always: eat less than 1650 calories, drink more than 2L of water, and move as much as possible.

Being so close to the 70kg milestone makes me really aware that every decision I make EVERY day will either bring me closer, or move me further away - it's all up to me!

pacman12
03-19-2009, 07:52 PM
I've got big rolls of back fat that I've never had before. Pretty!

In good news, the weather is finally brightening up and getting sunny, which makes me want to get out and walk.

smylie
03-19-2009, 11:37 PM
:carrot::carrot::carrot:ani a kilo down - woo woo :carrot:
julia - have a good time - fiji NICE
gen - isnt it great to have somewhere you can talk about back fat?

today i got asked if i was losing weight!! woo but i said no, i am just wearing clothes that fit me.... i went shopping last night and bought some pants that actually fit and some longer tops (you will see on saturday vonni) and i know they look good but it is sad to be looking sexy in size 18/20 (and bigger in some things) but that was my wakeup call
that and the fitting room mirrors

so who wants to sponsor me? by monday i will have worked out a charity i want to raise money for and then i am going to put my dignity etc on the line and send an email to everyone i know asking for sponsorship
by the end of april i want to have lost 5kg

i am unsure if i should get money per kilo or money if i reach my goal
either way it will push me that bit harder and keep me more committed
i know i can do it

exercise and water will make it happen

amouse
03-20-2009, 05:04 AM
im here guys just annoyed.. plateau crap as usual im losing and gaining back the same 2-3 kilos over and over again .. atm im 111.7 but next week i bet im over 112 again... lol.. maybe not but we will see ..

im sick of all drama and i had John home all of last week hence my disapearance.. my plan this week is to ignore the world and just enjoy my kids.. and my hobbies .. havent been to swimming/aqua or sang in weeks .. time to get back to doing me things.. hmm might start wth a few songs lol and go from there ...

i promise to catch up on your posts tommorrow .. just thought id let you know im still alive :) .... oh and my sister is now in this state... yippee yi yo.. lmao ...

PerthChick
03-20-2009, 07:49 PM
Amy I understand exactly what you mean. I spent almost six months bouncing between 75 - 72kg. My scales became a trampoline, and I was getting more and more frustrated with myself - I had found my own personal Bermuda Triangle (which is very common when losing weight).

I'd become tired/bored/fed up with having to watch everything I ate - and just wanted it to be all over. And then it occurred to me that it will never be over, because for as long as I live I will need to eat - and my body will need to decide what to do with every meal I give it - to use it or store it.

And I realised that I haven't yet learned enough to trust myself to go out into the world of maintenance, because I still hang on to some bad habits.

So I changed my program. I decided to take the focus off the numbers on the scales for a while, and set myself some different goals. I went out and bought a packet of gold stars and a calendar (this might sound like Weight Loss for Dags but I don't care - it's working).

Every day now I set myself the goal of earning FIVE gold stars - two for eating less than 1650 calories, two for drinking 2L of water, and one for walking 10,000 steps or doing two hours of physical work (eg gardening or similar). If I achieve more than 80% of that goal in a week I am likely to see a loss on the scale AND I earn a reward. So that means I am working to earn 28 gold stars or more every week.

What it has achieved is to take the focus OFF the scale and put it firmly on my behaviour.

It also means that by looking at the calendar, which is on the fridge, I can see a pattern emerging and identify my danger times and triggers.

Don't give up Amy - you have come SO far, and made such huge changes to your life. Being smaller, stronger and fitter is really worth the hard work.

pacman12
03-21-2009, 11:04 PM
I just weighed myself. It was not pretty. I'm back in. Got to decide whether to do WW online or meetings, and quit eating pizza for lunch with the boys. I am sick of abusing my poor body.

smylie
03-22-2009, 04:48 AM
woohoo
i got to meet vonni and her beautiful family!!!
had an awesome relaxing chicken and salad lunch over looking the water down the coast.

i am sponsoring myself to lose weight
i am donating $5 for every kilo i lose to the nursing home that i used to take jemima to for baby thearpy, i am going to give the money to the "leisure cooridinator" i think she was called so that hopefully they can do something special at xmas time or buy some musicial instruments or hire some entertainers to come in or something special like that
if i lose 30 kg i know that is only $150 but i think to them it will be a lot of money

PerthChick
03-22-2009, 05:55 PM
Yay Gen - have you decided on a plan yet? Is it possible for you to find a weight loss buddy over there, or to join in with a small group? You were doing really well before when you were meeting up with people and sharing a personal trainer - maybe you need a competitive environment or something :D.

Kel I'm glad you enjoyed meeting Vonni - can't see how you wouldn't because I think she would be awesome to know.

All is good here. I've woken up grumpy, am low on food and money until pay day, and am SO not in the mood to pay attention to weight loss. But these are the very times it is most important - when I am least motivated. I'm not accepting excuses from myself!

smylie
03-22-2009, 06:22 PM
lack of food makes it so hard... i always end up eating noodles......

101.5kg
a new record for me

going for a walk now

gen if you can get to meetings i think you should do that

pacman12
03-22-2009, 07:21 PM
OK started tracking my food with sparkpeople.com - it's a start. Did pretty well (so far) today. Have had:

1135 calories (not had dinner yet)
~ 1.5L water
Exercise: 120 cals

I walked for 15 mins (oh gee!) before the shin pain made me stop. You wouldn't believe how hilly it is here (and how unfit I have gotten) - my HR hit 180 after about ONE MINUTE of WALKING up the hill outside my house. Went to the cemetery behind the house to meander around the trails. Shin pain was killing me - I know I used to get it from lack of use and it took about 25 mins to warm up and go away.. just couldn't take it for that long due to severity. Couldn't walk on the grass as I didn't want to step on someone's grandma! I would like to head back to the gym and elliptical, but I'm such a lump of lard that I would be mortified. Maybe I'll get another treadmill, that helped me a LOT last time..

Anyhow, it's ONE good day (so far) after about 500 bad ones (or no-effort ones). I am going to go to the information session about lapband this week. I feel like it's acknowledging failure, that other people can do this without surgery so why am I so weak... but I don't want to be up and down on the diet yo yo for the rest of my life, and I truly think I will be.

7senuf
03-22-2009, 10:11 PM
Hi Guys, my internet not working so I am at my daughters. Meeting kel and jemima was awesome. will post a pic when my internet back on. She not only met me she met my extended family lol.

Have briefed through everyones posts but will say more when i have more time. Daughters boyfriend breathing down back of my neck so he can get back on to whatever he was doing before I turned up. haha.

Take it easy.

amouse
03-23-2009, 06:25 AM
OK THAT IS IT....

We all need to get serious about losing this lard... i want to challenege each of you to a minimum of a 60 minutes of walking this week ...

Split it up however you like.. but 60 minutes is the minimum..
you could do 10 minutes 6 days this week ... 20 minutes 3 times ... its up to you...

But if we are gonna change and get out this circle of self abuse we need to do something good for us..

I dont want excuses and i dont care how busy you are... make time to do something good for yourself... ...

Each week i think we should have a shared goal... and since the scale is moving in the wrong direction or not moving at all.. for all of us then lets get together and break this together..

No more self hate no more food abuse.. no more excuses lets just do it..

Each monday i want us to have a new shared goal for the week ..

PerthChick
03-23-2009, 06:19 PM
Gen whatever you decide to do, whether it's lapband, calorie counting, or walking to the moon, you know we are here for you and will give you all the support in the world.

Intellectually you know how to do this, and when you get yourself going you are unstoppable. But weight loss is all about the tough mental stuff, and about finding a way to believe in yourself. I know you're worth it, and I know that you can do anything you set your mind to :hug:.

Amy you sound frustrated with yourself. I think your challenge is a great idea though, and I hope other people take you up on it :).

I'm having another good week. Even though I was grumpy yesterday and decided I wasn't going to make any special effort I still managed to eat 1510 calories, drink 2L of water and walk over 10,000 steps. It occurred to me last night that this is becoming 'normal' for me.

The big 70kg milestone isn't far away now, and neither is my ultimate goal - if I don't pig out at Easter I am very likely to be in the 60's sometime next month. Who would have ever believed, looking at me two and a half years ago, that I would be standing so close to this massive milestone today? None of my friends had any faith, and I'm not sure that I did either. But I'm nearly there :dizzy:.

pacman12
03-24-2009, 07:14 AM
Ani, how do you always know the exact right thing to say? Thanks.

I had another good day yesterday.
1602 cals with only 1532mg sodium (I'm trying to be careful with sodium)

Did not have a chance to exercise, but didn't feel hungry and did resist the temptation to eat lunch with the boys. I am going to eat my own thing during the week, then Fridays will still have pizza with them for lunch. It's plain pizza, 2-3 slices so will work it into my allowance as it's our Friday tradition.

Realised again worst time for me is evening if I'm sitting bored watching tv, I just eat to pass the time. I am busy with stuff most nights this week so hopefully won't have to stuff my face.

Amy, I am IN. I can DEFINITELY do 1 hr in a week, and I think it would be good for me to start slowly back into it like that.

amouse
03-24-2009, 07:47 PM
Ani im not frustrated with myself at all.. actually im quite happy atm. though im not losing weight my body is definatly changing.. for example im starting to see my collar bones.. lol..

I have taken the pressure off my self quit counting calories and am going by my own body ... no more pressure ..it just does my head in.. and with counting i alwasy eat more then normal to get upto the recomended.... and in doing so my weight hasnt moved since November ... well it went up and back down but that is it...

I quit counting last week and this week im down a whole kilo from last week so i think my own intuition is my way forward for now..

Of course if i start eating crap again.. i will go back to counting.. but im very happy with everything atm.

But i do feel we need to get together as a group and get our toushys moving.. :) lol .. i swam with the kids for 2 hours last night am going to aqua tommorrow morning and plan to get my walking up by monday .. lol .. will walk to school a tonight and friday night .. that will be my hour since its 15 minutes each way .. :) lol .. too easy ... Jetson will be happy he loves going to the school . :)

Gen it sounds like you have a great plan.. you can still have your fun with the boys just not everyday. :) .. hey even they shouldn't eat it everyday skinny or not.. that rubbish can lead to all sorst of health problems... and they should know that.. :)

Ani your are amazing......... so so close.. do you feel like your almost there now in your self... do you feel nearly done???

PerthChick
03-24-2009, 08:38 PM
Ani your are amazing......... so so close.. do you feel like your almost there now in your self... do you feel nearly done???

It's funny Amy. Just in the last two weeks I have begun to feel it: I am so very close, and I can finally see it when I look in the mirror. Something has also changed inside me - at that training course last week they brought out this massive morning tea. And it was gourmet pastries, chocolates, and rather interesting food. I took one look at it (while everyone else was diving in) and the only conscious thought I had was: "I'm sitting on my ar$e at a training course - no chance I could burn that off", and I walked past it without the slightest urge to touch it.

It didn't look like food to me. I saw fat, sugar, more fat, more sugar - nah! nothing to see, move on! The old me would have eaten as much as I could, or felt really deprived if I had "been strong" and avoided it. The new me couldn't have cared less. YAY!

I agree with you that us Aussie Chicks should get our collective ar$es into gear and remember why we are here. Sometimes we make this the Aussie Chicks Excuses board :D, and I can be as guilty of that as anyone.

I would like to call everyone here to a challenge: Let's all lose a kilo in April. Come on girls - WE CAN!

Gen I am really proud of you, and really happy to see you focussing on yourself and your health :carrot:.

pacman12
03-24-2009, 10:05 PM
Well I was going well, but now I'm eating chocolate biscuits...

Got a call this morning that my mum is in hospital with a pleural effusion (fluid in lining of lung). She's been short of breath for a few weeks and just got an xray and ct yesterday. They are going to drain it, but apparently they saw something "suspicious" on the CT in the lung. Mum thinks she has got a cancer. How ironic would that be, 4 months after quitting smoking after 30 years...?

I couldn't stop bursting into tears all day. I am such a mummy's girl, and I literally don't know what I'd do without her. I know it's early and it could just be pneumonia or something, but I am so scared. It's hard being here and not being able to help, or just be there and see mum. Plus, dad was scheduled to go in for a pacemaker on friday but he postponed it.

Miserable being far away with no friends to cry on...

7senuf
03-25-2009, 01:59 AM
hugs to u gen. Hope wrks out. Just quick i am on my mobile. I am up 4 the hour a week. And a kilo next mth. I got on scales this am and up a kilo again. Grrr

PerthChick
03-25-2009, 06:41 PM
Gen :hug:. Nothing anyone can say is going to make you feel better. Even though I'm on the other side of the country to my family, and not the other side of the world, I understand that terrible feeling in your gut when something is going on - you're just so far away.

And your imagination plays tricks on you because you have nothing else to balance it with. Do you have the option to go home to your mum if you need to?

Come on Vonni - don't put on any more kilos. We all want you to win this one!

All is good with my goals - I've had as close to the perfect week as I ever had. In fact if I nail my goals today it will be a 'perfect' week, and tomorrow is my weigh-in… and even me, who is the queen of slow and steady, is vaguely anxious to see that 70 disappear! Normally I wouldn't care what the scales say, but being so close to a milestone I feel impatient now to get there.

Slow down Ani! It isn't going to be the end of the world if it takes a few more weeks!!!

pacman12
03-25-2009, 08:09 PM
Not really - I'm heading home in 4 weeks the day after my final exam for pharm, but I will have to miss the exam if I go earlier, and don't even know if my flights are changeable.

Spoke to mum this morning and feel a bit better, but have to wait for results. I did tell her I love you, which I *never* do, and it just came out so easily that I wonder why I don't do it more often. We are not an "I love you" type family.

smylie
03-26-2009, 12:51 AM
i know what you mean gen, we are not an i love you type family either but lately i have been saying it to my mum, something about having jemima and problems i have make me want to make sure she knows
thinking about you big time......

amy - WOW its almost like where did you put the old amy, you are so pumped i am so so in for 1hour a week
i have actually already done mine this week! i have walked every morning this week except today when i plan to walk to go and get jemima from daycare

i now HAVE to walk and go get her coz i had a car accident and feel like crap, benji had to get car towed to his work and my back hurts and i basically feel sorry for myself and terrible that i hurt benji's car

ani - i think i can definately lose 1kg next month even with easter
bring it on

also can you eat TOO many good veges? i mean even when i am full i like to eat and i was wondering how bad it was to KEEP eating zuccini and squash and celery??

amouse
03-26-2009, 02:18 AM
kel i would say the veggies are a great idea not many cals in them.. but if its just chewing your after why not chew gum??

Yeah Kel you are very right about me.. its so nice to just feel like me again... i have bitten the depression dog on the *** and he has run off yelping.. lol....

I think it has been a on going problem for me since all the mess last year that started at about the same time i stopped losing weight....... funny that... lol and has continued through.. since it was just a snow ball affect of one thing after another after another... for now i can just carry on with what I want..

So much so that im really turning things around... Im fixing my hair... ya know the dark roots... i've had my nails done ... ive volunteered to help out with the kindy .. im going out with my mates to shop and have coffee ... im back to being Me ! I have even enrolled Cameron into scouts which is something he has wanted to do for over a year but i just never got around to since he was too young then for the group he wanted to be in...

Cameron goes on his first camp tomorrow night.. they are sleeping in tents.. going on a night hike to see fairy penguins... and then going to do biking as well .. they are all taking bikes or scooters... it will be so great for him .

should be great...

I have completed my 1 hour of walking and some.... lol Last night Me and Leah went for a 70 minute walk around Camerons scout hall.. It is in a lovely little suburb .. with a duck pond and walking trails... I didnt get to aqua today becuase i had to go into town to get Camerons uniform for camp.. but i spent all of the morning walking around town with my friend then we went to Ikea and spent a hour or so walking round there too ...

I know probably burned off about the same amount in walking from 10-1 then i would of in 40 minutes of aqua so im hapy enough with that.

Gen i wish all the best for your family.. and im glad that you are coming home fairly soon :) will be great tobe back with your family again....

ok where is julia and lindor hiding????????

pacman12
03-26-2009, 06:53 AM
It is cancer - most likely incurable. I just want to get home to my mum. I can't stop crying - figured I may as well get it out of the way now, since I'll have to be the sensible one once I get home.

Sounds so stupid to think "I'm not ready" to lose her - who ever is? I should know that in my line of work **** happens. Of all the people for it to happen to though, this is my worst scenario.

amouse
03-26-2009, 07:26 AM
oh Gen im soo sorry that is the worst news especially since you're so far away.... :(:hug:

PerthChick
03-26-2009, 08:59 AM
Gen that's devastating. I'm so sorry :hug:.

If you need anything, or even just want to chat - don't hesitate to PM me. I feel really sad for you.

amouse
03-26-2009, 06:19 PM
wiegh in day and im down to 110.5 which means i have lost a whopping 1.2 kilos this week .. through just trusting myself and taking the counting pressure off :) ...

yippeee

PerthChick
03-26-2009, 06:35 PM
Look at my ticker!

amouse
03-26-2009, 06:54 PM
We're on a roll ani............................................... ....................... its time to PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i36.tinypic.com/23wntci.jpg

PerthChick
03-26-2009, 07:12 PM
Amy I got a bit carried away with myself there - and didn't mean to make it all about me. Woo hoo for your fantastic loss this week too :carrot:!

It was so exciting to stand on the scales this morning and see a drop of 1.2kg - even more so to see SIXTY nine point six.

It has taken me two years and nine months to get to this point. It could be the slowest weight loss in history, but I don't care. Now my focus is on getting through the next 'phase' of this journey - and that means finding the way to drop the last 3-5kg. I don't know where I will stop, that will depend on how my body feels once I get to 67kg; I'll assess things then.

So my challenge for April is to narrow my focus, make sure I do what I need to lose that ONE kilo, and to keep chipping away.

amouse
03-26-2009, 10:52 PM
Ani i actually think 69 is the biggest thing ani... lol ......... that is a huge milestone........ and dont you worry a bit i was just like you on that cloud nine this morning....

... so are you going to give yourself a little reward for breaking the 70 barrier???????? like a nice new coat for winter ... a new hair colour... or some new shoes........... budget is no excuse since there is always layby.. :) you really should reward yourself.. with something nice that will make you feel good about yourself..... ( these do it for me... lol ) hey or maybe even a cheap flight to see your family... that may be a nice lil reward too and with some place doing $39 flights im sure you could afford that ... :) ....

anyway do something special for yourself you deserve it...

I plan on doing something when i break the 100 mark

i just realsied im only 500 grams off losing 25 kilos.. :) that sure made me smile. :)

barbegirl71
03-27-2009, 02:37 AM
Congraulations Ani well worth the weight (hehe)! Good on you too Amy.

Gen I'm so sorry to hear about your mum. I'm thinking of you. :hug:

barbegirl71
03-27-2009, 02:43 AM
Oh, Amy if your still interested in getting together I am too.

7senuf
03-27-2009, 07:33 AM
gen big loves to u. And that is awesome telling yr mum u love her. That will give her some strength. 4 wks will b here b4 u know it. When u get home take so h time ov 2 spend with her. Must go on mobile again and typing blind cause ran out of

smylie
03-27-2009, 10:26 AM
i was just about to say vonni says hi and has no internet but she said hi anyway

gen - so so sorry to hear that the cancer is most likely terminal.... very sad for you - puts a lot of things in perspective

ani - you ROCK
i am so jealous but i know i can do it!!!! i dont care if i take longer than you did, one day i will look at those scales and they WILL say 69
wow - congratulations - it is awesome awesome awesome

amy - congrats to you too!!!! carrot party for everyone!! but i dont have time to go and get a carrot as benji telling me to help him move something

gotta go
had sizzler tonight and hardly touched the potato skins and cheese toast which is what sizzler is all about so woohoo!

pacman12
03-27-2009, 03:22 PM
Ani - congrats, you are awesome.

I am heading home tomorrow. Work and school were awesome in organizing for me to drop everything and get out immediately. Will let you know what is happening.

PerthChick
03-27-2009, 06:40 PM
Gen I am SO glad you're going home. Please stay in touch with us, and if there's anything you need, don't be too proud to ask.

Kel I KNOW you will be able to achieve everything I have, and more. And in answer to your question about overdosing on vegetables - it would be incredibly hard to do (as long as it isn't potato). I eat at least 300g of vegetables every day, and it hasn't hurt me. Vegies are really filling, and have so many fantastic nutrients - go hard, I say :).

Amy I'm not sure about what reward to give myself. I have already experienced so many rewards through shedding 35kg - but perhaps I'll put some money aside and get a massage. I demand a lot from my body these days and I always have a niggle here and there so a massage would be a real treat.

Barb how are you travelling with your weight loss?

Is Julia back from Fiji yet?

Vonni get your internet back - we miss you!

smylie
03-27-2009, 11:35 PM
i know veges are really filling and i was full but still eating them which i hoped was not going to 'ruin' my good week
it is zucchini and squash in pasta sauce i am pigging out on.... that was just the other night and probably tonight as well
and celery and mushrooms NO POTATO it is evil - i did have a nibble on it at sizzler but didnt eat a whole potato skin i dont think as i was VERY concious of it

gen - ditto what ani said - if you need ANYTHING ask us and together we can make it happen - you are NOT alone

ani - i am so excited that you are 69.6kg it is awesome, can i ask when you will stop?? and then how do you feel about maintenance phase?

i would like to lose 3.3333333333333333333333333kg per month until xmas
totally doable

i did 15mins cross trainer this morning in my pjs knowing i did not have enough motivation to get changed and go for a walk - so that is a BIG step in right direction

i am scared about monday, first proper weigh in since really trying this week and well sneak peak at scales AFTER sizzler last night said i had only lost 300grams so that is not really what i wanted to see as i feel skinnier oh well wont 'worry' til monday
and if it is 300 grams that just means in the next 3 weeks i need to lose 1kg per week to lose 3.3333333333 in a month

amy - what do you feed your kids for lunch? what do you have for lunch?

have a good weekend i am so close to finishing cleaning the study.... i just sold the bookshelf to my evil sister in law so now that is 12 cube shelves i cant put crap in, so i have decluttered heaps
it feels weird
but i know it is for the best

sindy9001
03-28-2009, 12:49 AM
My goal for March is 5 lbs. I think it's possible because I'm doing an elimination diet for 6 weeks starting next Monday. I'm trying to figure out which foods give me trouble.http://photo-collection.co.cc/img/3177/a08b1010ygij/grin.gif

pacman12
03-28-2009, 01:43 AM
Thanks girls :)

amouse
03-28-2009, 10:10 AM
Gen im glad your able to head home :) stay in touch..

Barb I would love to catch up .. when are you free? ;)

Kel lunch ... well i do all sorts for lunch.. the kids have a peanut butter sandwich.. that is there favourite thing.. Leah likes to have salad at lunch time .. I usually when its just her and me home.. cut up a salad and we have that for lunch .. umm when im on my own i generally have some sort of leftovers from the night befores dinner.. Johns not here but i still manage to cook like he is.. lol

Today i had veggis toffu stirfy minus thw noodles.. so really it was just mixed veg and tofu very yummy though..

Something i do also is crack and quickly fry it by stirring it around the bowl .. take it out .. and i add loads of chopped veggies... cabbage. spinach 'carot and zucchini' (grated ) capsicum.. tomato.. garlic.. and a bit of sundried tomato seasoning.. and fry it up in my wok.. and have that withn a small amount of ham thrown in .... yumm .. (kids eat this too )

another fav is tuna on crispbread with cucmber and beetroot... dont know why i just love the flavour.. lol

Ok i love food ....... i also buy mountain bread and make myself taosted wraps.. ... :) yumm.. hehehheh .. ok all this food talk is making me hungry... hehe.

Im not a big fruit eater at all so i eat extra veggies ;) to make up for it.

the all time favourite in this house is my meatballs.. i do the best meatballs.. the kindy kids loved them too when i cooked them there..

its a dinner thing .. but very yummy and healthy ..

i always make extra to keep the kids happy.. then they can have it twice .. :)

Balls ( serves 6 )
500 grams of mince
1 egg
1/4 cup of bread crumb.. i use crushed crackers (allergy again but extra flavour anyway lol)
3 sprigs of rosemary chopped finely
2 teaspoons of massel chicken stock powder
grate 1 carrot + 1 zuchinni (medium sized )
1 teapsoon of both dry garlic and onion
Sauce
2 cans of crushed tomatoes with garlic and basil
1-2 teapoons of massel stock again
1 handfull of chopped spinach very small
4-5 mushrroms.. cut very small

and a dash of oil lightly brown onion and garlic then add zucchinni and carrot and rosemary .. fry in a non stick till veggies are soft .. leave for a few minutes to cool .
while cooling put meat, egg ,breadcrumb add in 2 teaspoons of massel stock. ( i say massel becuase i dont know how strong others are ) in a bowl and mix once cooled add veggies mix..

make your balls ... makes heaps.. lol I have a big pan and manage to get them all in.. your pan has to be flat ...

brown your balls on each side then add the tins of tomatos ... and everything else for the sauce but only one teaspoon of stock .. the balls then cook the rest of the way in the sauce on the stove top... and i use one pan the whole time.. so not too many dishes :) just the pan a mixing bowl and the pasta pot.. :)

taste your sauce to see if you need another spoon of stock or not. :)

oh yeah serve with pasta .. lol

anyway im off to bed

a serve of the balls without pasta.. is

220 cals
7.3 fat
20.8 prot
15.8 carb

and this is witnh jatz crackers in not breadcrumb since no breadcrumb in this country are preseravtive free

anyway bedtime for me..

sorry if i missed anything else. :)

smylie
03-28-2009, 09:09 PM
yum yum and yum
i am going to bookmark this page and make that tomorrow night i just happen to have 500grams of mince in the freezer

guess what
i lost 2.9kg since monday! i weigh in tomorrow but if the scales show worse than 98.6 i am ignoring it (for motivational purposes)
i am just too excited - i can do this and i will
i have been vege and salading and i am not bored of it yet
but i have also been moderating 'treats' etc
so i can and will do this

and amy - 24.5kg lost WOOZERS

smylie
03-29-2009, 08:00 PM
ok today being "official" weigh in day
and yesterday being 2nd birthday party (that served up lots of indian food and stuff) and then mum and dad dinner that was pie i decided to weigh in this morning and admit and be honest with myself and count today's weight

and
i am not disappointed
i weigh 99.5kg today which is TWO KILOS less than last monday
which is awesome
i have been eating and walking (but i have had shakes for brekky coz that is just easier for me at the moment)(when i have lost a bit of this excess weight i am definately going to introduce brekky again as weetbix and banana was working but i am not ready right now)

so woohoo 2kg down
28kg ultimately to go and about 10 until i am under 90kg
slow and steady bring it on

amouse
03-30-2009, 01:32 AM
Great loss kel :) your doing Great...

My weekend has been a bit ummm bad.. lol

Cameron was on camp so i took leah to the movies to see hotel for dogs.. cute movie and no where near as bad as i thought it would be... and then we went to the pub for lunch.. .... i had chicken breast with white wine and avocado... plus salad bar.. lol and a glass of lemonade

and yesterday was a very bad day... we wnet to pick Cameron up from camp. and on the way home we stopped at a farm and bought fresh strawberries.. OMG...... they almost didnt make it home.. and some fresh logen berry jam.. and fresh cream..... lol... we pigged out on strawberries and jam and cream on pikelets... soo not good .. but delicous

then last night since cameron came home sick from camp.. of course i had to go to the chemist and get some athletes foot cream... and we were hungry so i got hot chicken rolls and pasta salad..

I had sepnt the whole afternoon digging up the kids swing set becuase the dog was using the trampoline to escape the garden so the swings had to go to pull the tramp over infront of the shed and well away from the fence i didnt finish till 6 and then cam showed me his foot and nothig was organised for dinner..

... so now today is fresh start day.. i expect to not loose at all this week after such a shocker of a weekend.. it was just a food fest.. lol

No real regrets i had a great time :) other then the hours of hard labour anyway... my soil is like concrete and there was 4 posts dug in over a foot each.. and been there for 7 years or so years i asked the kids if they would rather loose the swings or the dog they said the swings.. which is fine we have a playground dierectly behind our house with swings.

barbegirl71
03-30-2009, 07:07 AM
My mum's in ICU. She had an asthma attack saturday morning and her heart stopped, it took 35 minutes to revive her and now we're waiting to see how much brain damage there is. they keep telling us to prepare for the worst so things don't look very good for her. i'm a mess and i probably wont be on here much but when i know whats going on i'll let you all know.

amouse
03-30-2009, 10:37 AM
oh barb.. im so sorry i hope she pulls through :( :hug:

smylie
03-31-2009, 02:46 AM
omigosh that is awful
my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

LittleKiwi
03-31-2009, 03:32 AM
Barb and Gen, I'm so so sorry to hear about your mothers. My thoughts are with you both :hug:

Kel and Ani, congrats on your losses. Kel 2kg is huge!! Well done :D And way to go Ani for breaking into the 60's, that's awesome :woohoo:

I had a lovely time in Fiji, the weather was gorgeous and it was a worthwhile trip from a work perspective. They fed us with the most delicious food every day and as of this evening at the gym, my weight is 88.5kg.

I've purchased some appetite suppressants for the first time in my life and hope that they will help me to stop eating so much. They're a natural type made from 4 different types of natural fibre that develop into a gel type substance in your stomach making you feel full. Fingers crossed.

barbegirl71
03-31-2009, 06:42 PM
my mum passed away in the early hours of this morning. she faught for 11 hours after they extabated her. i miss her already.

smylie
03-31-2009, 08:03 PM
oh barb i am so so so so so sorry to hear that
how old was your mum?

PerthChick
03-31-2009, 08:30 PM
Barb that's devastating :hug:. There's nothing I can say that would be remotely useful - but please know we are here for you, and if there is anything we can do, or if you need a shoulder - don't hesitate.

LittleKiwi
03-31-2009, 09:37 PM
Oh God. Barb I'm so sorry.

xx

PerthChick
03-31-2009, 09:45 PM
ani - i am so excited that you are 69.6kg it is awesome, can i ask when you will stop?? and then how do you feel about maintenance phase?

Kel I don't know when I will stop. At the moment the plan is to keep chipping away until I get to 67kg, and then make an assessment of where I am at. I am definitely not satisfied that I have done enough yet - I am still carrying a fair bit of fat, especially around my thighs and torso.

But I don't know how much difference another 3kg will make to that, so I'll wait and see.

In terms of maintenance I'm pretty confident (I think it helps that I have taken so long to lose the weight - I have done this for so long it has become second nature). But having said that, I do have a plan. I'm going to continue counting calories and weighing myself every week, because I understand that maintenance will be a challenge.

Julia welcome back! Sounds like Fiji was great - I would love to go there one day.

Vonni where are you? What's happening?

Amy I didn't have the best weekend with food either - but it's past history now.

Gen are you here? How is your mum?

amouse
04-01-2009, 07:04 AM
barb im so sorry :( it was so sudden and just devastating.. please take care of yourself and your family.. our thoughts are with you. :(

barbegirl71
04-01-2009, 07:55 PM
thanks girls i appreciate all of your kind words. she was only 56 and thats way too young for anyone. my grandmother told me god takes the flowers he loves the best. i guess she's finally resting now and she really deserves to. mum had chronic asthma and it just got all to much for her, she told dad just before that she couldn't do it anymore. i'm finding it hard to believe that she's really gone.

PerthChick
04-01-2009, 08:37 PM
Barb have you got a decent support network? Family and friends who are there for you? Your mum was so young - it's not fair :(.

amouse
04-02-2009, 12:04 AM
im mad mad mad.. it appears my platueau is still holding strong despite the loss i had last week ,, im back at 112 again.. i have been seeing 112 since november.. and .. it just sucks.

IM happy my body wants its reset point to be 112 and not the 135 it loved b4.. but it makes me wonder why i should bother making an effort to loose weight when my body doesnt agree with my mind..

.. I really dont know where to go from here ... but i do know some things i need to improve on so this wee i need to ...

I need to sort alot of things out i think.. for instance my sleeping.. 5 hours a night is not enough.. ya know its been over a year since my hubby worked at homne and i still dont sleep well when he is not here..

I need to take my mutli every day

I need to drink more water

Im still gunning for my 1 hour of walking a week.. hope you guys are too ..

and i have just enrolled myself into a 10 week yoga class to do with a couple of my friends .. so im hoping its something i can enjoy.

Today i went to my aqua .. i havent been for a little while becuase my instructer left and i became chicken.. the new one is great too... except she reminds me of jillian micheals.. lol she is hard and fast.. and lets you know if you slack off.. i loved it alot.. superb workout. :) ..

so my plan is pretty much .. walking monday and friday.. swimming tuesday and thursday (aqua thursday too) yoga wednesday .. starting next term.. april 29th... here hoping the extra activity gets my body beleiving what my head beleives.. ...

LittleKiwi
04-02-2009, 12:42 AM
Oh Barb I'm so sorry, 56 is far too young. It's so unfair. :cry:

I've only gotten to the gym once this week and it's not looking good for tonight either. This morning I accidentally headbutted our big metal safe here at work and I've had a terrible headache ever since. Am thinking that it's probably best not to do anything too strenuous while I'm feeling like this.

Some hot soup for dinner and an early night may be in order I think. I can't help but think of Natasha Richardson who had a small bump to the head and then died. Scary.

amouse
04-02-2009, 12:55 AM
yup i agree 56 is way too young :( ..

Julia i think an early night would be good for you.. i dont think i would wont to raise my blood pressure if i had a knock on the head..

7senuf
04-02-2009, 03:26 AM
Hi everyone... YAYYY my internet is up and running. I was starting to have withdrawals.

Barb = I love what your grandmother says. Its beautiful yet to often true. Big hugs to you and your family. :hug:

Gen how is your mum going?

Ani 69kg OMG thats so awesome.

Kel - well, probably just have texted you anything I needed to say lmao

Julia so glad you enjoyed yr trip. I'm envious.

Amy - there is never a BAD weekend. It is only an OFF weekend. I have always heard the experts say not to label food as good or bad. Lets take a lead out of school tuckshops - The Traffic Light.

Green - Have plenty (fruits veges etc low in sat fat, sugars and salts. AMBER - careful selection (foods with low added salt, sugar and fat)
RED - Occassional (softdrinks, cakes n pastries, sugary or high fat stuff)

who have I missed???? Oh blast dunno. Anyhow Hi to all.

I havent been great with eating so no loss for me. A gain if anything.

Some good news though - The hospital offered me a 6 month contract today. Only .2 but I will also do casual work for them. woohoo.

smylie
04-02-2009, 06:24 AM
vonni - yay for good news and yay you are back!

i am feeling full but have not been that "off" today
will see on monday i guess

smylie
04-03-2009, 07:10 AM
i feel like a failure
i had a shockin afternoon yelling at jemima about nothing all arvo
then rang benji so i could work out when to start cooking dinner and then he said he'd be home late so i ranted and raved on
then we had maccas for dinner

smylie
04-03-2009, 06:55 PM
then i stayed up until 2am snacking
wtf

amouse
04-04-2009, 01:49 AM
Kel get up dust off stop feeling angry with yourself and go for a walk.. ..

Vonni that is grteat you are back and had a job offer.. superb.. :)

umm after my big dummy spit about weight coming back i realised a few things like..hmm ive been very tired this week... ive had headaches... im bloated.. i have had absolutly no patiance.. and i have been an absolute biotch.... lol..... so now im just sitting here waiting for aunty flows arrival.. lol .. at least its a valid reason to gain other then being bad.. lol .. i want to bo more postive about life.. im sick of moping and making excuses.. this is it..

comittment 100% wheather i loose gain or stay the same.. stay the course and it will make a difference

PerthChick
04-04-2009, 08:41 PM
I just rang in sick - been feeling off colour for a few days and I just can't face the thought of going to work today.

Kel I agree with Amy. Pick yourself up and move on! I've had a week of eating anything not nailed down, but it stops today.

Amy I'm going to join you in that search for consistency, because I think that's the key to a healthy way of life; not being obsessed with scales or numbers, but being aware of balance and making good, consistent decisions.

amouse
04-05-2009, 01:53 AM
Ani i actually went back on calorie king today sat down and planned what to eat for the day .. before i was eating and putting in and in the end that just annoyed me so today i thought about it planned it and put it in .. so far the only change i have to make in my plan is i had grated carrot in my wrap rather then tomato.. and my plan has come in pretty close to 40 %carb 30% fat and 30% protein.

and after doing a considerable lot of readin into all the diiferent diets and helther ricks/benifits the 40 30 30 seems to be the best for your over rall health .. so im gonna go back to these numbers i was aiming for before..

im not really counting im not going to obcess over the calorie intake.. im just gonna keep an eye on how im doing.. try to keep a healthy balance and go from there..

planning in advance is something i have never done.. and i dont mind sitting down once in the morning to figure it out rather then going to the comp a million times a day to put in everything..

LittleKiwi
04-05-2009, 05:42 PM
I've got an admission to make ... I've started taking appetite suppressants. It's not something I've ever done before and I don't know if they'll work but I've bought a month's supply and am giving them a go to see what happens.

I've noticed a wee bit of a difference so the next step is to get back into doing regular exercise.

Goal for today is to not buy anything to eat and stick to what I've prepared for the day and to go to the gym after work and do weights and an aerobics class.

smylie
04-05-2009, 07:37 PM
julia, dont be ashamed of trying something new like that - they obviously work for some and you need something to kick start you back into where you were at a spot where you WERE losing weight by yourself etc i know how it feels to get lost at the wrong end of the scales and just NEED something to make it go the other way while you re group GOOD LUCK

ani, amy - thanks for the kick in the butt, it was raining so bad i couldnt go for a walk but am really wanting some other kind of exercise available so we are getting rid of the spare bed, i just got rid of the book shelf and the cross trainer is coming back inside

today 98.1kg I LOST 1.4KILOS!!!

amouse
04-05-2009, 09:37 PM
woooohooo kel 1.4 is fantastic......

Julia i agree with kel.. :) dont be scared to try new things :)

LittleKiwi
04-05-2009, 11:12 PM
Woo Kel, awesome effort!!

:carrot::cb::carrot::cb:

7senuf
04-05-2009, 11:36 PM
I feel sick. Bloated and generally exhausted. Havent taken my kelp tabs or mega Bs for a couple days and I dnt know whether that or just sick of stuff.

Going up to hospital later today to sign contract woohoo. And son going to dentist. hardly had sleep on weekend due to abcess. 'normal' painkillers werent working so had to take him up last night for an injection.

Gotta go have snooze
Vonni

smylie
04-06-2009, 07:05 AM
thanks heaps! i am tickled pink with that loss coz i know i could have done better!
vonni - hopefully things settle down for you soon and you can get a routine happening? that could work?
i am so excited about my tour of warwick next week!

LittleKiwi
04-06-2009, 07:43 AM
How exciting Vonni, good luck signing on the dotted line!!

How are you feeling Ani? On the mend I hope :D

I've had an awesome day today diet wise. Went to the gym after work and did weights then 10 minutes run and then started to do my aerobics class. About 3 minutes in, something in my right calf went TWANG!!! I hobbled out and managed half an hour on the bike but I've definitely done some damage.

Came home and iced it and have got an appointment to see a physio tomorrow afternoon.

Boo hiss!

LittleKiwi
04-07-2009, 07:58 AM
Diet today was pretty good.

Went to physio and she said I'm not allowed to run for a bit. BOO HISS! So I cycled and walked at the gym tonight. Boring but better than doing nothing.

barbegirl71
04-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Hi girls. Just wanted to pop in and say hello. Good to see everyone's faring well.

Keep up the good work.

Anyone heard from Gen? I hope she's doing ok with her mum, times like these really make you think about the important things in life.

XX
Barb

smylie
04-08-2009, 12:15 AM
hi barb, how are YOU holding up?

julia - you are awesome still going to the gym when you could perfectly use leg as excuse

me - been mowing the lawn! so proud of me and may also try for a walk as well
going to dinner tomorrow night and friday night and then easter and having family over on easter sunday and benji wants fish and chips friday lunch so lots of challenges ahead, i am confident though i can still pull a weight loss on monday! i want to and i will

7senuf
04-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Go Kel. How on earth will you pull it off with all the dinner partying? lol. No matter We'll have something nice and healthy at the Garden Centre. Though their wedges are to die for lol.

I have locked my scales away and am NOT going to get on them for 2 weeks. Just to see how I go without monitoring and getting depressed. I've worked 3 flat out shifts in the last 7 days and dont eat much those days at all so hopefully with a few more shifts I will see a loss. Though George is arriving this weekend and that ALWAYS makes me gain grrrr

smylie
04-08-2009, 07:27 PM
vonni i'm going to say it before ani does
eating "not much" while your working IS NOT THE WAY TO DO IT!!!
your body will go EEEEEK we are not getting fed so we best hold on to this fat that is already here
so you GOT TO make time to have something to eat
do you like bananas have a banana

and i sneak peaked the scales this morning coz of all the dinner parties coming up and well NOT cool but perhaps my body not digested the roast beef i made last night

smylie
04-08-2009, 08:10 PM
ps
amy - did you say you had a wii fit?
are you still loving it?
do you find it works if you cant get outside for "real" exercise?
am thinking about getting one if someone does the right thing with their kevin rudd money (someone owes us 573 buckeroos)

amouse
04-09-2009, 01:05 AM
hey guys been run off my feet the last few days.. but feel fabulous..

Tuesday i took my friend to sit her L plates.. test.. and she passed ... so we went out for lunch to celebrate ( kid free of course) then went for a walk along the beach. http://images.calorieking.com.au/branding/dc/personal/messages/icons/3.gif It was awesome.. then swimming tuesday night

yesterday was sports day at school..
Leahs first sports day and Camerons first big kid sports day ..

Perfect weather.. I got to play easter bunny while they were setting up.. and then i took the yellow team around the course.. and they are 4 sio everything needed deminstarting.. and since im a good sport.. i was running up and back with them.. .. i even got in there little tiny sack and showed them how to jump... hehehehe.. it was a fabulious day ... after the kindy finished there little sports day we took them back for a class party ... After which i watched the races for Cameron..

Which at the time then.. 130.... it was the last day i could go and get easter eggs for the kids..... ooooops.... so raced down the shops.. got the eggs.. brought them home... then went to the gift store to get mums birthday present .. ( she loves leadlight and i didnt want to take the kids in that shop... lol can you blame me.. ) after that was done.. it was time to get the kids .. but of course we had to go to the shops on the way home becuase i forgot we had ran out of fruit.. uuugghhhh .. i was exhausted...
i sate down for maybe 30 minutes the whole day .. after the kids tea was cooked it was time for Camerons scouts.. so had to take him.. YAWN!!!! lool..

i slept very well last night.. http://images.calorieking.com.au/branding/dc/personal/messages/icons/3.gif

Today was the easter assembly and fancy hat parade.. and then they had an extended playtime so leah stayed to play with Cam.. lol.. so once agin.. i was at the school half the day .. hardly seemed like it was worth leaving at 12.30 when pickup today is 2.00.. lol but we left so we could have a "HEALTHY" lunch today ....

oh and tonight is the easter fireworks... so no rest for the wicked.. and this week i musta been really wicked i tell ya... lol...

though i do love it really http://images.calorieking.com.au/branding/dc/personal/messages/icons/3.gif

amouse
04-09-2009, 01:09 AM
Kel i do have wii fit and i do love it .. and something interesting is if you work at wii fit hard with big movemnts and high energy i burn my cals on the wii then i do on the elliptical..

my avegare heart rate on the elliptical is 140 so0mething and the highest is in the 160s..

on wii fit my hearts rate avereage is in the 160s and the highest i got was 210 .. beats per minute... so to me the wii fit as long as your goiung for it is a fabulous workout.. i just did 30 minutes of the step ..hoola hoop . jog..and boxing stepper... completly kicked my own *** and burned over 450 cals in 30 minutes..

smylie
04-09-2009, 08:51 AM
how long have you had wii fit for?
i mean are you still in honeymoon phase with it?? like novelty??
or is it something if i put my mind and body into can pay off and give me results?

amouse
04-09-2009, 10:08 AM
i got it last september and still love it .. :) and i get on it about 3-4 times a week ...

we went to the easter fire works tonight... :) usually thats an excuse to eat take out food get hot chips and hot cross bun .... guess what i got.... nothing ... oh wait i lie.. i bought a bottle of water... and a pack of crisps for the kids and didnt even eat one.. im good im good.. my friend were all eating.. but not me.. im good.. lol

AND i didnt evn care i didnt feel like i was missing out or nothing.. lately everything has seemed to change im not hinking about food at all . where as b4 i could think abnout it all day.. i can walk through the kitchen and not grab anything other then the water i went in for.. i seem to have turned a real corner .. and my body im sure this week it has shifted in the right direction ...

weigh in in the morning cross everything for me.. anyway off to bed.. im very tired did about 4 hours of walking today all up.. ... yawn nighty night

7senuf
04-09-2009, 05:44 PM
Kel I have a Wii fit. when you come out you can have a go and see if you like it. Prepare to go home with a sore belly from laughing. I love it and the hula hoop makes me laugh and so does the balance one where you get soccer balls kicked at you. Though I end up with more hitting me in the head thatn i kick back lol. I haven been on it much cause the kids always want a go.

I do eat when I work, just not much. Well... compared to other days. I have brekky lunch and tea. No snacks.

PerthChick
04-09-2009, 08:20 PM
How crazy is this? I had my pedometer properly calibrated two days ago - it had become "sluggish" and wasn't recording all my steps. So I went back to Rebel Sport and a very helpful man showed me how to calibrate it. When we tested it, it was really accurate (within 2 steps per hundred, which is pretty good).

So yesterday when I took it off at the end of the day it showed 31,690 steps/23.7km! What? I knew I do a lot of walking during the course of a day at work, but that is just insane!!!

No bloody wonder I'm tired all the time.

amouse
04-10-2009, 01:33 AM
weigh in day im down to 111.2 so a loss of 800 grams.... and this time it better stick around... lol im so sick of 112 i never want to see it again.. so keep everything crossed for me that this is the end of the plateau for me..

Ani that is amazing... 23.7 km in a day... so what brand pedometer do you have and if i got the same one could you help me figure it out now you know how to set it up ???? i think it may be helpful to me too .. :)

its all the little things that make the journey interesting for me.. lol

smylie
04-10-2009, 02:37 AM
wooohoooooooo amy!!!! carrot carrot carrot 800grams i am praying for 800grams this week!!! i need to lose 833grams per week to keep on track i think......

i used wii fit at a friends house last week, straight after i'd been thinking about needing one........ this is only if the rudd money works out for us the way i hope it does

vonni we will be too busy 2nd hand shopping to wii fit, and no chips for me at garden centre........... what else do they have? maybe we just find an awesome kebab shop i love kebabs

smylie
04-10-2009, 02:38 AM
oh and ani - that is amazing how many steps you do a day!!!! you should wear a heart rate monitor too and really see what you do

what do you suggest i try and grow under a mango tree?

amouse
04-10-2009, 08:30 AM
I had a bad *** morning .. i binged.... .. i was blue.. i was feeling really sorry for myself.. my friend rang up to see what i was doing today and i blew her off even though i was feeling desperatly lonely and then headed to the chocolate and chips... uggh ..
My best friend is away on holiday my hubby is away on work and my parents are away on holiday too and i blow off the one person that wants to see me today becuase i was tired.. and my house was a mess.. ( that was pissin me off too )..

OK i need a suggestion of what will give that energy boost i get from chocolate without the calorie boost i get from it????

spent the rest of the day dancing around the house cleaning it.. oh yeah but a word of warning dont be and stupid as me and mop and dance at the same time.. with the window open.. for all the neighbours to see..

there i was singing dancing and mopping my lounge room floor and there was my neighbours looking staright in pointing and laughing... and as they did .. what did i do... ONLY slip on the wet floor and end up on my back... flat on the floor.. i dont know how but in the process i managed to throw half the bucket over myself.. and got up completly drenched.. by this time my neighbours were wetting them selves and headin over to my place to see if i was ok ..http://images.calorieking.com.au/branding/dc/community/forums/smilies/blush4.gifhttp://images.calorieking.com.au/branding/dc/community/forums/smilies/blush4.gifhttp://images.calorieking.com.au/branding/dc/community/forums/smilies/blush4.gifhttp://images.calorieking.com.au/branding/dc/community/forums/smilies/blush4.gifhttp://images.calorieking.com.au/branding/dc/community/forums/smilies/blush4.gif..

I didnt hurt myself.. but it was hilarious and so so so so embarrasing.. http://images.calorieking.com.au/branding/dc/community/forums/smilies/blush4.gif

http://images.calorieking.com.au/branding/dc/community/forums/smilies/laugh5.gifhttp://images.calorieking.com.au/branding/dc/community/forums/smilies/laugh5.gifhttp://images.calorieking.com.au/branding/dc/community/forums/smilies/laugh5.gif

by some miracle i manged to finish the day on 1975 cals.. pheeew... coulda been much worse since i was over 1500 b4 lunch time.. did you know one cadbury creme egg has 185 cals in it.... and i ate 3 of them... lol plus a big bag of chips.. becuase i was hurngry at lunch time but too tired to do anything so i grabbed them.. sat and watched the episode of the biggest loser i missed last night going to the fireworks.. and b4 i knew it i had eaten the lot.. mindless dumb eating.. .

anywa.. tommorw is another day .. im nto mad at myself anymore but would love to know what would give me the pick me up i so desperatly crave some days.. oh and still not aunty here yet.. it like 2 weeks late.. no woender i feel crap

hey if you cant laugh at your self.. then what fun is there.. nighty night

smylie
04-11-2009, 02:23 AM
could you just have a snack choc?? or would an apple do it? yogurt?

thank you SO much for sharing mopping story i laughed and laughed and laughed!!!

not sure what monday weigh in will bring, i have NOT been good but i dont think i am ready to say i have been bad........

amouse
04-11-2009, 03:32 AM
im feeling better no i have calmed down and figured a few things out

i lost 23 in a year and been stuck there ever since,... well actually i cant complain .. i did break that stupid 112 again this week ... and i showed 110.5 earlier in the week well until yesterday anyway... when i was 111.2 ... but there is a reason for it i have found out today .... http://images.calorieking.com.au/branding/dc/personal/messages/icons/6.gif and i couldnt be happier i finally got my period...

2 weeks late i might add and i have had 2 weeks of feeling like crap.. being http://images.calorieking.com.au/branding/dc/personal/messages/icons/9.gify , having no energy , feeling sick in the morning, habving headaches... feeling bloated omg i actually thought i might be preggers again... and i so dont want that hubby did have the snip when Leah was born but never went back to the damn doctor to find out if it worked or not so when ever im late i freak.. i feel like singing.... " IM NOT PREGNANT NO I'M NOT...." lol

so in all this im thrilled becuase i did loose well this week and since weigh in was the day before it started there had to be some fluid issues there too.. lol huh no wonder my mood was low yesterday...

I also realise i havent had a coffee in a couple of days .. today my whole body ached ans it wasn't till i sat down and watched a show on addiction while eating my lunch and it talked about coffee withdrawls i put two and two together.. so after i finished my lunch i made a coffee and now all my soreness is gone.. lol geee wizz i only have one cup a day.... but i definatly need it ...

anyway im over the moon ... cya guys later

7senuf
04-11-2009, 06:55 AM
HAHA Amy that would have been funny to see. I did same thing today only not mop bucket. It was bucket and window washer. Lucky for me noone around to see me go down, but my son heeard it and started laughing from his room. Said "haha mum did u go arse up again?" Hmmm never realised just how much i do.

Kel the garden centre has really nice food and healthy food. They do a pretty mean ceasar salad to if yr into that (i'm not lol). And I've sussed the op shops to. haha so cool. Thats my last day at old house and i told matt i am not going over there that day, whatever is left he can finish cause my friend is comin lol. I nearly have everything done anyway and it will only be the outside need doing. Thats a guy thing haha.

Ani amazing the amount of km you do at work. gosh, i might get a decent one to haha. Yes as amy said what brand is it? we all will get one. Maybe they'll give us discount hehe.

barb are you going ok? Gen how's yr mum? Julia? Hey anyone heard from Lindor?

PerthChick
04-11-2009, 07:45 PM
I have a York Fitness pedometer, and it goes OK as long as you check reasonably often. There's a little knob next to the battery that allows you to calibrate it, and now that I know about it I will check it once a month.

Amy I think you should get one - you'd be surprised how much you walk over the course of a day.

I'm way off track with food - ever since I saw 69.something on the scales I seem to have gone stupid. I'm also very tired, physically, from work and have several niggly injuries. I think it's time for a holiday because I woke up this morning feeling really resentful that I have to go to work over Easter while everyone else I know has a long weekend.

But for now I will just toughen up and get on with trying to lose the next few kilos. It is true that it's harder to lose when you're close to goal, but I just need to find 'stubborn Ani' and get on with it.

So today's goals are:

• Eat no more than 1650 calories - and I don't CARE if it's Easter and there are chocolate easter eggs everywhere - I'm not going to eat them!

• Drink 2.4 litres of water, because I feel dehydrated and my system could do with a decent 'flush'.

• Walk 10,000 steps (well that will happen by the time I have been at work a few hours), and then do it again!

• Find a positive attitude to take to work - at least if I fake it I might find 'happy Ani' somewhere inside me.

• FORGET about stupid, inaccessible women who play with me for their own amusement.

Hey Amy - do you know who has made the finale on The Biggest Loser? I do ;)

smylie
04-12-2009, 07:34 PM
oh ani - yes forget about inaccessable women, that heartache is the last thing you need! especially if they play with you

amy - i am glad you have figured out what was going on, makes it so much easier to keep on track

vonni - i am so looking forward to tomorrow, i have petrol and some money so bring it on! lmao at lukas laughing at you knowing you would have fallen over AGAIN

me - naughty me has put on weight - didnt REALLY think i could lose weight with all my mega food commitments the last 3 days, i think i am actually the same weight but that the last couple of days food is just hanging around if you know what i mean
i dont want to write down the number but will when i get back from holidays as i will be away from my scales until may 4th maybe
BUT my measurements are the same as last week so again i am "happy" with that

7senuf
04-13-2009, 04:55 AM
wooo got nearly everything in new house. only a car load to go then i have to mop old house floors and wipe out kitchen cupboards and clean lounge and rumpus windows. I did walls and windows elsewhere as i emptied bedrooms. I am rushing to finish in the morning early early before Kel comes. woohoo. Kel I will try to dig out those dvd players for your road trip. i THINK matt knows which box they r in. I was so good labelling when i started packing then got peeved with it.

Could have worked 3 days over easter - over $50 an hour and each shift 7.5 hrs grrrr damn moving house. So loving my job to so it isnt all about the money I could have earnt. I like following patients through and its nice to be there when they get to go home. Its like yr lost when turn up for a shift and a whole new lot of patients (or clients as they now like to call them lol). I had a ball last week. The guys in Mens ward are soo soo funny u laugh the whole shift.

Have been not eating junk food this week but not going great cause meals not regular with the moving.

Amy I bet ur relieved. I do tests if late cause i am on pill and relieved when neg but Matt gets sad. He wants another one mine you as if the 7 we have combined aint enough.... sheesh.

Gotta run, haveing a MEAL for tea tonight and i think i hear the pasta sauce bubbling over.

Vonnii

PS Hi everyone xoxoxox

LittleKiwi
04-13-2009, 06:42 PM
Hello everyone

I had a nice relaxing long weekend, nice and quiet. My flatmate went home to Tasmania to visit her family so I have had the house to myself. Did a bit of gardening and lots of relaxing.

Haven't been able to do much in the way of exercise as I'm confined to the bicycle because of my torn muscle. Did 2 sessions on the bike over the weekend and physio this morning is happy with my progress so that's good.

Yesterday I watched a few episodes of "girls of the playboy mansion" and boy, what a way to encourage you to exercise - those girls are HOT :flame: and it made me want to move my booty!

Found a lovely wee car to buy over the weekend so I'm excited about that. It's a tiny wee Nissan March,1 litre, year 2000, 65000kms. With trade in on my hunk of junk I'm getting it for $4600 and I'm happy with that. Just have to wait for the bank to give me some money now!

Hope Gen and Barb are doing okay. I'm thinking of them both.

7senuf
04-14-2009, 05:27 AM
Has awesome lunch with Kel and Jem today. mmmm panini chicken avocado and cheese. Then we gallavanted about the town. Thanks for lovely day Kel.

Hows everyone faring? Sorry havent been on to say much but I have been reading everyones posts. I've been busy moving all over the weekend.... yayy happy easter lol./

amouse
04-14-2009, 09:03 AM
im still in choccy eating mode... ... grrrrr.. but i am working my *** off so not all bad i spose.. would be better to work *** off and not have the crap.. i would be burning off fat not crap.. but eh... one day i will learn .. just has to be the hard way i guess... lol

glad you had a great day vonni :)

julia that car sounds like a great deal.. :) of course piccys will be expected.. :) lol

Kel sorery about the gain.. :( hope you get it off next week

Ani i love the biggest loser please DONT tell me.. i dont wanna know.. lol..

i hope we can all get back on track this week :)
john is home tommorow night so as usual i wont be on much.. :) hope you'll have a good week