Old 02-04-2009, 05:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/175/145

Height: 5"9

Default Looking for a specific TYPE of diet plan/book

Hi all,

It seems like I've been looking for this specific type of plan or book for quite a while, and I can hardly believe that it seems to be so hard to find exactly what I'm looking for. Maybe I've been looking in the wrong places all along!! But surely SOMEBODY has got to know where something like this is: a diet plan that has basic menu plans that repeatedly use up leftovers and also use the same foods over and over in the course of the week.

Because here's what it seems like I see a lot of: weekly diet plans that involve eighteen different separate recipes a day with beef, chicken, orange roughy, salmon, duck, goose, ostrich tongue, albatross, and God knows what else, all of which you are supposed to prepare in the course of a week for one person, and God also only knows what is supposed to happen to the leftovers, because they're never mentioned again! Yes, this is a slight exaggeration, but it looks so discouraging to see this printed out in book after book that it's enough to turn me off of the diet plans before I even start. Where are the plans that have a simple shopping list printed out for each week and have simple menus and a few recipes with all the leftovers used up during the week, instead of lots and lots of separate recipes every day for just one person? They've got to be out there! All advice appreciated.
Anise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:11 PM   #2  
I want the fully monty..

S/C/G: 240/check ticker/170

Height: 6ft

Albatross.

I lol'd.
xdominic89x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Well said, I hate that about diet plans... I went to WW and I like that I can eat whatever I want as long as I stay within my points range. Problem solved! But, if you do get your hands on such a magical book/plan, let us know!
Leeesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I plan my own meals staying within my calorie allotment. That is the beauty of calorie counting, so flexible,
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:05 AM   #5  

Ugh I am looking for something like that too. It is very hard to find something that will work well with me. We aren't exactly millionaires hahaa and cooking 2 meals each night gets costly. . I usually keep my leftovers and eat them for lunch the next day. Or eat them for dinner again. You can also freeze them and use them again at your leisure. I do this alot too. Maybe one week you will have enough frozen stock that u wont even havet o grocery shop for yourself lol. I CANT STAND grocery shopping.

Last edited by raerae009; 02-05-2009 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Cuz I'm a typo queen expect this alot.
raerae009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:06 AM   #6  

Hi! I am new here, and sure wish there was a diet plan like that, but until there is, what I do is make my own menu plan for my whole family (I cook for 4) I use lots of chicken and make up a bunch at one time and then I use it to make grilled chicken salads, fajita's or chicken tacos, chicken salad sandwiches (made with light or ff mayo).....you get the idea....and I do the same thing with lean hamburger, I brown up a bunch and then use it to make tacos, sloppy joes on light buns, spaghetti with meat sauce over whole wheat noodles....etc....That's my dinners....breakfast is the same almost everyday, oatmeal. Lunch is usually soup, or a frozen dinner both with a small salad.....I find if you keep it simple and just plan it's pretty easy...look at the recipes in here and get inspired! Good luck!

KellBell
267/178/??
KellBell1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:45 AM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Umm... basically that is what I do and you could do it with any diet plan. I make large quantities of food and eat the leftovers until its time to make something else.

Also meal plans in diet books are merely suggestions. Some people need the variety. You can repeat your meals as often as you like.

I even think ediets.com will allow you to select the same meals over and over and give you a shopping list based on what you input.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:37 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

LOL, I don't think you're exaggerating. A lot of sample menus ARE like that! It's a pet peeve of mine.

I struggled with the same issues at first. Eventually I figured out how to make up my own menus and use up the food I buy. I know that's not so helpful . One thing that helped was adding tons of veggies to everything, whether called for in a recipe or not. That gets 'em used up

I think Goodhousekeeping has some diets that were designed for one person and used up leftovers - I think there's a Mediterranean one like that.

Also, I often use dinner leftovers for lunch the next day. And don't be afraid to halve recipes, I do it all the time. Some things (like a lot of soups / stews) freeze well, and are great back-ups for nights when you're tired or don't have any fresh produce on hand.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote