Old 02-04-2009, 09:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 219/179/130

Height: 5'3

Default Slowly beginning...

So, I ordered all of the menu plans on ebay and am waiting for it to arrive in the mail. My mom had an old version of the red plan at home though, so I'm giving it a try today. It's interesting because I completely realize that the urge to eat is all in my head! My body isn't hungry but I am so used to eating a certain way that I feel like I need to get more. How long did it take for you to get over that?
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:12 AM   #2  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

LOL - Over it? LOL.

Actually, on a serious note - when I am totally ON the plan, it would take about 3 weeks to not feel hungry or not want other foods. It's like, once you get the bus moving, it picks up speed and coasts. It really is a very good feeling once you get there.

Good luck!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:51 AM   #3  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

I have to agree with Kim.....about 3 weeks before you stop obsessing about food......kinda. It is a life long process of retraining your brain...but it does get easier.......more of a habit. Welcome to our little group of losers
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:20 AM   #4  

I wish I knew the answer to your question. I haven't stopped craving the foods I used to love but I HAVE found that I'm starting to crave good food more of the time. Last night a snack of grapes, black pepper triscuits and laughing cow light cheese actually sounded YUMMY to me!

I've also found that when I do indulge in an old favorite, I don't feel the need to eat and eat and eat it like I used to. We had a birthday party over the weekend for my nephew and someone brought one of those amazing chocolate cakes from Costco. I gave myself half of a piece (which is still big) and then only felt I could eat part of that before I was satisfied- so I did just eat a few bites then stop. I had given myself permission to eat the whole thing but found I didn't NEED to. I was fine with the little taste I got.

Not everyone can do that though. I know that a lot of folks just have to give it up entirely because that need to eat the whole thing and more will return. I think in my case since my body is now getting what it needs most of the time (quality fuel), it craves the quick sugar fix less.
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

bindersbee - black pepper triscuits do sound delicious! I've never had those!

Robin - I had/have the same mentality, its like sometimes I just feel like stuffing... but now I know what I can stuff and what I can't stuff. Take today for instance, I just did takeoff on Monday and Tuesday and today my brain is telling me that I'm starving! I packed my bag and feel like I could eat everything in the bag right now, but I'm pacing myself because I know if I go overboard I will be in the cafeteria later looking for more. So what I do on these days is look for one item to go over on - maybe a veggie (that would be ideal), but most times I will just look for something that is going to be super filling - a bar, a bag of popcorn, etc. And I limit it to that one day. If I find that I am hungry each day for several days in a row I add the bars back in, right now I'm doing plan without bars. Most times by the weekend I've forgotten about the bars and the craving period is over... just stay focused and don't let it get out of hand and you will be fine.
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 219/179/130

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindersbee View Post
I haven't stopped craving the foods I used to love but I HAVE found that I'm starting to crave good food more of the time.
See, that's what is so weird to me! It's not that I'm craving unhealthy foods, but just to eat more of anything. This morning, for instance. I had some grapes, 1/4 cucumber, half of an english muffin with some peanut butter, and skim milk. For some reason afterward I felt like I needed something more. It may be boredom though because I am typically fine when I have school, and today happens to be a snow day.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote