Support Groups - Snarky Senoritas #183

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Snarky Senoritas #183

zinkemomx2
02-03-2009, 12:26 PM
Just getting this one started. Carry on.

zinkemomx2
02-03-2009, 12:28 PM
I was a runner up!!!

I'll be back later. The kids are clamoring for a turn.

zinkemomx2
02-03-2009, 02:39 PM
Food so far is good. I had a fried egg white sandwich in english muffin bread. Thank you Kim for talking about them last night. I had fake bacon instead of pickles though. And no cheese. I love saving all those calories.

Speaking of cheese I did make Heather's raw cashew and tahini cheeze last Monday. I've opened the jar 4-5 times and I cannot get past the tahini smell. I gave part of my tahini to my friend who was out and she hasn't said anything about it being bad. I think I just have an aversion to it for some reason. I still haven't made another batch of hummus. Maybe I'll get to that this week.

Fat Chick B Gone
02-03-2009, 05:30 PM
:joker::jig::moo::dancer::doh::bravo::dance: :judge: :soap::tired::preg::hat:

We just needed a little smiley dance up in here.

Mrs Snark
02-03-2009, 05:54 PM
How many calories do those emoticons have? I may be over my budget.

pintobean
02-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Oh wow, new one started. I have to catch up with the other one. 3 more days and I'll be back to my normal working life.

How's the cake Billie?

I still have to make that cheese.

Random Info for the day: I cannot stand the media most of the time.

Mrs Snark
02-03-2009, 07:29 PM
That is because the media reflects the absolute worst of society back at us. All our greed, stupidity, foolishness, shallowness, psoriasis, paranoia, ... and... and. .. other bad stuff I can't think of the words for right now. It sucks because it is us.

kittycat40
02-03-2009, 07:43 PM
grouchy. overcaloried. too freakin cold rainy snowy to run but must.

must. tomorrow I turn 39.

Mrs Snark
02-03-2009, 07:51 PM
Oooo happy early birthday!

zinkemomx2
02-03-2009, 08:27 PM
:preg:
I think Kim is the only one who has rights to that emoticon. I don't want anything to do with it.

How's the cake Billie?
I took a picture of it but have to dig out my camera cord because my card reader doesn't seem to want to work properly. Anyone want to provide tech support? Or CPR?

I also made a regular size cake for us. I needed something to practice on before I start the real cake. Dumb idea. I know it. The good point is that now the frosting is so thick on ours that I want nothing to do with it. I'll post pics of the shower cake when it is completed.

tomorrow I turn 39. Happy Birthday! :bday2you: :bday2: I ate a piece of cake for you.

Fat Chick B Gone
02-04-2009, 07:28 AM
Happy Birthday Lucy!!!

:balloons::gift:

Fat Chick B Gone
02-04-2009, 07:30 AM
Busy gotta go brave the snow. Didn't get more then a walk in last night. I might just have to accept that I can't fit it much more then 20-30 minutes during the week right now with my work schedule.

Breakfast - Amy's steel cut oats bowl - we'll see how that goes. I don't have high hopes.
lunch - wrap with hummus, soy boy, veggies and a natural soda
snack - apple
dinner - pasta

Mrs Snark
02-04-2009, 07:37 AM
Happy on-time birthday Lucy!!!! :bunny2:

Alrighty Snarky Senoritas,

Does anybody want to do a 1 Week Perfectly on Plan Challenge starting today or tomorrow? I could use the inspiration to stop drinking bottles of wine for dinner.

Anybody in?

GirlyGirlSebas
02-04-2009, 08:06 AM
Happy Birthday, Lucy!

Jo - Yes! I want to do this challenge. I'd like to start tomorrow as I need to make a grocery store run this afternoon.

Hopefulpinkangel
02-04-2009, 09:01 AM
Lucy- Happy Birthday!!! :bday2you:

Jo-I'm in and I'm ready to kick butt!

Heather-20-30 min is better than nothing. :carrot:

Rhonda-How are you doing today?

Billie-Can't wait to see the cake!

I did another round with My Fitness Coach Wii game last night and I'm really liking it. It really proves how out of shape I am. I was laughing last night because one of the moves I was doing (It was my flexibility workout) I couldn't barely do because my legs are so "not skinny" LOL But I thought to myself wow I can't wait until I can do this move the way it supposed to be done! ;)

Also, I had another amazing moment the other day. During my battle with the CPA guy, afterward when I was trying to calm down the first thought that popped into my mind was . . .

I wish I was home so I could get on the elliptical and work out this anger.

W-H-A-T???? :fr: Yep you heard me I thought about exercising to release the stress of the anger. It wasn't until I was home talking to my mom and telling her the story that she asked me if the stress had made me have a bad food day, I HAD NOT EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT EATING THE STRESS AWAY! I know I still have a long way to go in my weight loss journey, but for me to not turn to food without even thinking about it was a HUGE deal. Maybe I just might make it this time. :D

Mrs Snark
02-04-2009, 09:04 AM
That is fantastic Jen, just think of all the healthy behavior habits you are creating right now! Finding a replacement for stress eating is so important!

YAY YOU!!!!!!!!!!

pintobean
02-04-2009, 09:32 AM
Morning Chicas :hug:

Yes I am still at training. It will end soon. My mind is overloaded with information :dizzy:

Jo, I would definitely like to take part in the challenge.

Lucy, A very Happy Birthday girl. I hope you have a wonderful Birthday. :woo:

Jen, really wonderful. It feels great doesn't it? Every small hill you climb you feel so powerful. Keep at it girl!!. :carrot:

Heather, 20-30 mins is great. At least you are doing something.

Food Plan:
B - Breakfast burrito made w/ egg beaters, veggies & turkey sausage
L - Butternut squash soup w/ garlic toast
S - Small salad

kittycat40
02-04-2009, 09:52 AM
Oooo happy early birthday!
Iread this as I hauled my a$$ downstairs to the treadmill while carrying my hand weights. woohoo!!
I think Kim is the only one who has rights to that emoticon. I don't want anything to do with it.
ME neither!!
Happy Birthday! :bday2you: :bday2: I ate a piece of cake for you.
I heard it was tasty! ;)
Happy Birthday Lucy!!!

:balloons::gift:
thank you thank you thanks!!
Happy on-time birthday Lucy!!!! :bunny2:

and again!! more thanks for the wonderful wishes
Alrighty Snarky Senoritas,

Does anybody want to do a 1 Week Perfectly on Plan Challenge starting today or tomorrow? I could use the inspiration to stop drinking bottles of wine for dinner.

Anybody in?

Happy Birthday, Lucy!

loving the love :):):)
[QUOTE=Hopefulpinkangel;2594142]Lucy- Happy Birthday!!! :bday2you:

MUCHAS GRACIAS :D
Also, I had another amazing moment the other day. During my battle with the CPA guy, afterward when I was trying to calm down the first thought that popped into my mind was . . .

I wish I was home so I could get on the elliptical and work out this anger.

W-H-A-T???? :fr: Yep you heard me I thought about exercising to release the stress of the anger. It wasn't until I was home talking to my mom and telling her the story that she asked me if the stress had made me have a bad food day, I HAD NOT EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT EATING THE STRESS AWAY! I know I still have a long way to go in my weight loss journey, but for me to not turn to food without even thinking about it was a HUGE deal. Maybe I just might make it this time. :D

awesome :):):) very cool :cool:
Anjuli, thanks for the very happy bday wishes... I couldn't figure how to multiquote from a sep. page....

Jo, I'm in!!

Fat Chick B Gone
02-05-2009, 06:57 AM
Grumble grumble morning.

:coffee2::coffee2: Okay now I can be social.

I hope everyone is well. I don't see where we're starting the challenge to be POP for a week but I'm starting today. I've been struggling with what happens every "busy season" at work. I work too long, I get tired, I don't have time to cook so I resort to quick and less healthy options, I use being tired as an excuse not to exercise, etc into a downward spiral where I'm having entitlement pasta at 10pm. I worked pretty damn hard last year and I do not want to gain the weight back yet I'm falling into bad habits. So anyway yeah I need to remain accountable. I'm also slacking on water which is stupid, I've never had a problem getting my water in. I'm setting reminders in outlook today to make sure I get it in.

The plan for today is to take puppies on a long walk after work. Tomorrow I will get up early and either run or make it to the gym to workout. I'm just not making it outside to run when it's so cold. I'm okay with that but I've got to do the gym instead.

Food today:
breakfast - green smoothie
snack - apple
lunch - leftover pasta (the part I didn't feel entitled to last night)
dinner - some sort of rice, bean, veggie mix

Fat Chick B Gone
02-05-2009, 07:00 AM
Oh POP for me is
-staying under 2,000 calories if I exercise and under 1,800 if not
-drinking at least 10cups of water
-working out for at least 200 minutes a week (this used to be higher but during busy season I'll give a little more wiggle room). Working out includes fast paced dog walks, runs, yoga, gym machines, whatever as long as heart rate is up

GirlyGirlSebas
02-05-2009, 07:32 AM
Heather - So glad you're getting accountable again. I've decided to do the same.

Today, I see light at the end of the tunnel (knock on wood). Today, I will stop working at 4:30 and get on the treadmill for 1 hour. I will track my food on TDP and not go over 1800 for the day. I can't eat whatever I want, provided it falls within my limit.

zinkemomx2
02-05-2009, 07:40 AM
I think I need to get on board with this. I had entitlement cake for breakfast. What the **** was up with that????

POP for me will be 96 ounces of water and under 1800 calories. Today will be tough thanks to that cake.

ETA that I've been changing my ticker daily for the last month. I am up 1.3 pounds and I refuse to change it until next Monday on weigh in day or it is moving downward.

Hopefulpinkangel
02-05-2009, 07:58 AM
I'm in today too.

POP for me means:

1. staying within my points total for the day
2. drinking at least 72 oz of water
3. exercising at least 15-30 min

I'm tired as heck today because my son keeps coming into bed with us sporadically during the night and I don't sleep well when he's in bed with us. :yawn:

pintobean
02-05-2009, 10:59 AM
Morning Ladies :)

1 more day and I'll be back to my hole of a cube. Did I mention I like this training center? They have a kitchenette with microwave and provide free - coffee, teas, healthy snack bars, diet/regular coke, juices etc and they have a water cooler too. Today I also noticed in one corner they have Weight Watcher points listed for everything they have. I thought it was really nice that they have done that. I bring my own food and water so I only go in there for some coffee or tea depending on my mood. Anyhoo, I thought it's a nice thing that they do that.

Pop for me:
- Do my treadmill when I get home today

Oh I printed a cute calendar (free) for the month of February last night so I can X out every day I work out. I feel visualizing it will keep me motivated.

Drink your water and stay OP ladies. :hug:

pintobean
02-05-2009, 04:29 PM
Heather, what's in the green smoothie?

zinkemomx2
02-05-2009, 05:42 PM
After my high calorie cake for breakfast I must admit I was really afraid I wouldn't be able to keep my calories under 1800. I have 2 clementines left to snack on and a glass of chocolate silk and I came in 28 calories under the wire. I am a few grams shy of protein but I figure that will average out with yesterdays over consumption.

I do need to drink at least another 32 ounces of water tonight but I am sure that won't be a problem.

kittycat40
02-05-2009, 09:43 PM
My food choices were not pop but I'm pretty sure my cals were ok. now.. to stay out of the kitchen...

Fat Chick B Gone
02-06-2009, 07:42 AM
Anj - A green smoothie just has greens added. I just started trying them this week by adding about an ounce of baby spinach to my normal frozen strawberries, banana, soy milk and flax seed smoothie. The color is rather unappetizing to be honest with the spinach and flax seeds but I really don't even taste the greens. I know some people who add up to 2 cups of greens, I'm not sure I'll get there. Basically just a way to get more greens into your day. I did find the smoothie kept me fuller longer.

I was POP yesterday! I even had room for a small glass of red wine. Today plans to be the same. I'm skipping breakfast as I have a doctor's appt. I'm not sure I was even supposed to have my coffee, but well I wouldn't make it in w/o my teeny cup I justified!
So today's plan:
breakfast - teeny *** cup of coffee
snack - apple to be devoured upon leaving the doc.
lunch - wild rice, pearled barley, chickpeas conncoction with grape tomatoes
dinner - veggie and soyboy wrap and corn on the cob

exercise - dog walk and trip to the gym.

Have a good OP day all!

Hopefulpinkangel
02-06-2009, 08:03 AM
I was POP yesterday, but I jumped on the scale today before my WW meeting this afternoon and according to my scale I was up 2 lbs. For the first time I'm feeling discouraged.

suitejudyblueeyes
02-06-2009, 09:40 AM
Today, I see light at the end of the tunnel (knock on wood). Today, I will stop working at 4:30 and get on the treadmill for 1 hour.

Good! But remember our discussions about not burning yourself out by jumping in head first? Listen to your body.... Anything is better than nothing!

I think I need to get on board with this. I had entitlement cake for breakfast. What the **** was up with that????

What entitled you to that cake? In the words of Inigo Montoya, you keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means ;)

Did I mention I like this training center?
Oh I printed a cute calendar (free) for the month of February last night so I can X out every day I work out. I feel visualizing it will keep me motivated.

Glad you're enjoying (enjoyed?) the training place. Nice that they provide for you. The calendar idea is a great one, maybe I'll do that with OP days.

My food choices were not pop but I'm pretty sure my cals were ok. now.. to stay out of the kitchen...

Buy a big roll of Caution tape from Amazon and cordon off your kitchen at night :p

A green smoothie just has greens added.

I really, really want to try this but still haven't. Someone is selling a brand new Magic Bullet on craigslist for 1/3rd of the TV price, I am so tempted to get it. Would make smoothies way easier.

I was POP yesterday, but I jumped on the scale today before my WW meeting this afternoon and according to my scale I was up 2 lbs. For the first time I'm feeling discouraged.

You know where I stand :) Focus on what YOU control. Your food and exercise. Those are the only things you have total control over. You do not control what the scale says from week to week. You're going to have to find a way to come to terms with scale fluctuations if you want to see long-term success. It's tough, but you gotta do it!

Ok. I'm back to it. I need to be back to it. No idea what the scale will say tomorrow at WW, I have really only been back OP since Tuesday. (On the other hand, I have been back OP since Tuesday!) This whole walking to and from work thing is awesome, it's only about 30 mins total (25 if I am walking fast, 20 if I am walking fast and do not get stopped at intersections), but it really makes me feel better. Just a little something to get the blood moving, and absolutely no way I can weasel my way out of it. When the weather is nicer I'll bike.

The weather is supposed to be GORGEOUS this weekend so I think I will strap on the running shoes and see what I can do. I do not expect miracles, but I no longer have access to a treadmill since I've moved so I'm going to have to brave the elements again (which is fine, I like it outside better).

suitejudyblueeyes
02-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Oh, man, I need to invest in a jar of banana peppers for home. They make everything so tasty! I always put them on subs at Subway, and just tossed a few on my lunch salad from store next door. YUM. I think I'm in love.

pintobean
02-06-2009, 01:30 PM
Last day at training :)

Tonight we have to go to my company's post holiday dinner thingy. Some fancy restaurant near the Inner Harbor so will have to dress up little bit. In case, I've never mentioned before I don't like dressing up. I'm a jeans/tshirt kind of person. We've never been to this restaurant so sort of looking forward to it. But also little worried after doing well past week or so now have to eat out. I know I have to be careful. And definitely workout this weekend.

Last night, I got home close to 6:30 pm and I was not happy. Throughout my ride home I kept coming up with excuses as to why I can't do treadmill tonight. I came very close *pinching fingers* to not doing it. Then I said to myself well, I can do 20 mins at least. What's 20 mins out of an entire day? So while still wavering with excuses I was convincing myself to definitely do 20 mins. I got home and Mike was waiting for me all set up to do his workout with me. Oh man! I was so glad he was cuz it helped. I did 25 mins of treadmill last night. I will make up for the rest of it this weekend definitely.

Heather, thanks :) . I have some frozen raspberries so will try it with that. I am not a banana person so will have to come up with something else to add.

Jaime, Oh wonderful you're walking to work. Yes, definitely every bit helps. And I have a magic bullet. It was a gift to us. I don't like it that much and I haven't used it a lot to make smoothies either. But Mike's coworker loves it and she swears by it. So go for it if it's cheaper. I agree banana peppers...yum!! :D

kittycat40
02-06-2009, 02:36 PM
Oh, man, I need to invest in a jar of banana peppers for home. They make everything so tasty! I always put them on subs at Subway, and just tossed a few on my lunch salad from store next door. YUM. I think I'm in love.

you made me :drool:

zinkemomx2
02-06-2009, 06:28 PM
The cake is finished. I skipped lunch which was probably a good thing because I licked my fingers one to many times. I estimated on the high side and even after dinner I still have about 200 calories left for evening snack. I'm thinking either plain popcorn or clementines. I still have at least 1 quart of water to finish but the night is still young.

Fat Chick B Gone
02-07-2009, 08:51 AM
Ohhh I want either a vitamix or a magic bullet. I found smooties are easier with my immersion blender though. This morning's featured Trader Joe's frozen "mangolicious" blend. nom

Anj - How was the party?

I went over my calories by 107 yesterday. Not horrible but not POP. I also didn't get my water in but that was due to a little confusion on my part. The doc's office told me to not drink or eat anything before my appointment. I didn't realize that I could've been drinking my water!!!

Today's plan
break - mango smoothie
lunch - taco salad
dinner -veggie wrap

I'm getting ready to drag the doggies on a morning walk and then go to yoga. I have to go to the office today and going to the movies with a coworker afterwards.

zinkemomx2
02-07-2009, 06:43 PM
I was on plan yesterday. Had 99 calories to spare.

Today I'm still not so sure about. Gotta go start figuring to see if I can eat dinner.:?:

zinkemomx2
02-07-2009, 07:33 PM
I hate eating other peoples food. I dislike estimating calories.

I'm nearly 300 over already and I still need to eat something for dinner. I'm starved.

I guess I'm going for 6/7 days POP. I did drink all my water though.

Fat Chick B Gone
02-08-2009, 08:17 AM
Wooo!!! POP yesterday even with a trip to the movies! I had one Jack and Coke there and waited until I got home to fix my own popcorn. My 75 minute yoga class turned into a 85 minute class. After not being in 3 weeks I'm a little sore today. Drank plenty of water.

Todays plan -
breakfast - tofu scramble
lunch - taco salad
dinner - pizza
snack - banana and popcorn if enough calories left

I'm taking the dogs to the park, cleaning house, dying my hair (gray is showing!), and jogging today. I have to get all that done before friendboy comes over at 7 to watch Burn After Reading.

onthetee
02-08-2009, 05:22 PM
I have not been here much, and I am sorry. RL has been getting the way of my online life. And my exercise. Fortunately, it is supposed to be warm here this week. I am going to be at 9:30 tonight, putting out my running clothes and getting up early to run in the AM.

Made a smoothie that needs more flax oil, probably. Also ordered my cal-mag-D2 this afternoon.

the end.

kittycat40
02-08-2009, 05:53 PM
alrighty, starting 5 pop in a row..... tomorrow. no doubt about it!!!

zinkemomx2
02-08-2009, 08:31 PM
AHHH! I had 3/4 of a post and lost it all.

Thursday - POP
Friday - POP
Saturday - :(
Sunday - POP although I do have a quart of water left to drink. Shouldn't be a problem though.

I forgot to post cake pics. Here they are. I had originally piped the writing in black. I hated it and do not know what I was thinking. After I refroze it I was able to go back and pick the rest of the black out. I forgot to take another picture though. I also need to practice mixing my colors. They were a little more vibrant than I wanted.
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p302/zinkemomx2/diapercakephotos018.jpg
We also did this diaper cake. I've never made one before. It was surprisingly easy though and I think that might be a new standard for any showers I go to in the future.
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p302/zinkemomx2/diapercakephotos002.jpg

onthetee
02-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Z-sweet! Lovely!

Tomorrow--oatmeal for brek
smoothie for snack
mushroom soup for lunch
orange for snack
enchiladas for dinner
entitlement banana

still going to bed early, but not getting up to run. it will be warm after dinner, so I will put it off until it is lovely.

GirlyGirlSebas
02-09-2009, 06:55 AM
Today is OP day #1. We went to Whole Food yesterday and I have plenty of healthy options. Paul has been wearing his Bodybugg for the last few days and is ready to rock and roll.

I've found that it is much easier for us to stay on-plan when we have no money. Since we paid off the credit cards and have a little bit of cushion, I'm finding that we feel the need to pamper ourselves by eating out or having treats. But, I need to keep our summer trips in mind. In June, we're headed to St Augustine for a family reunion and lots of time on the beach. I want to feel somewhat comfortable with baring some skin in a bathing suit. Then, in July, we're headed to New York for a wedding. I'd like to wear a really nice dress and look smoking!

GirlyGirlSebas
02-09-2009, 06:57 AM
Billie, you did a great job with that cake! Very nice!

Fat Chick B Gone
02-09-2009, 07:12 AM
Blarg yesterday was over calories due to poor planning and stupid high metabolism friendboy. We played tennis for about an hour. We haven't played in several months so lots of exercise was had chasing rogue balls around the court. I then convinced him not to eat at McDonalds and that I had plenty of food around the house. We ended up with salads, baked fries, fried plantains and garlic toast. Next time I'll be planning ahead if he's eating over. Oh yeah the chocolate bar I had probably didn't help the calories either. My period seriously needs to get on a regular schedule and soon.

Break - cereal and nanner
lunch - roasted veggie pizza
dinner - pasta or a slight chance of real cooking

pintobean
02-09-2009, 08:53 AM
Morning everyone :)

I'm back to work today. We didn't do much this weekend except catch up on recorded shows. I prepped and made our breakfast and lunches for this week. I have a long weekend coming up so thinking of cooking few things and freeze. So had to do some menu planning for that. We'll be going grocery shopping this week at some point. We have a birthday party to go to this Friday and then Saturday will be eating out too. Not too happy about 2 days in a row eat out.

My company party on Friday was interesting. I didn't know anyone as I haven't been going to other get togethers prior to this. I mingled and got to know few folks. The place they chose was a Brazilian restaurant. I had one Brazilian Cocktail Caipirinha (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caipirinha) and was feeling good throughout the night :D. Yeah, I'm a cheap date :p. In my defense, it was a bit strong. I did decent at the restaurant food wise. Although food was loaded with salt (at least for me). They had all you can eat salad bar which I took advantage off.

Heather, what hair dye brand do you use? I have to do mine too and I wish someone would do it for me. My grays are showing too. I'm looking forward to warmer weather so I can go play tennis. I still think you did great despite the over in calories. You convinced him not to go to Mcdonalds ;).

Rhonda, you can do it girl!! I have a trip in July too and am working on getting in shape before that trip as well. Yay to OP day #1.

Jo, where are you? Hope you're doing well. We haven't heard from you in a while.

Jaime, how was the party?

suitejudyblueeyes
02-09-2009, 09:18 AM
Mornin' -

Had a pretty busy weekend (Saturday at least). Lots of errands, board game meetup, party. Party was fun. Well, after I had a few beers it was good - at first it was pretty awkward as I didn't know anyone except 3 people and those 3 people knew everyone else there, so I was sidelined in a lot of conversation... Which I expected, and I dealt with... I'm just not great around large groups I don't know. We left around 10:30 and went to a gay bar, which was WAY more fun as there was music and dancing. (The other party was poli sci phd people - oooh, exciting.) Sunday was spent recovering... and once I felt I could keep my eyes open, watched West Wing all day. No progress was made on unpacking. Couldn't bring myself to do it.

WI Saturday morning = maintain. Not bad, not good, just there. I will admit - been terribly off plan this weekend, not only because of the beer. Got bingey yesterday. I am afraid to go grocery shopping and bring more food into the house. Ugh.

kittycat40
02-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Hellloooo snarkers!
I am feeling goood right now, having had my second run for the day :)

Yes, suuuuuuper stink, that is correct!

posted food plan in another thread and I'm feeling pretty good about staying very op today. I actually rescheduled a dinner with my friend b/c I wanted one very op day before going to a restaurant. And I suggested a lesser expensive choice than she would have. one where I will have a veggie taco salad w/o the shell. ooh yeah.

Jaime, the scale not moving thing?? not- not good, not bad--- good! come on now.... that really is good! in the face of all the emotional crap in your world??? i repeat-- good!

Anjuli, I looove that cocktail, won't even try to spell it ;)

Heather, as always I am amused by your rendition of life :)

Billie, the cake-- fabu!!

FYI, I use garnier nutrisse for my grays. I used to use the red box but now I am more gray so they (800 number people called from drugstore) told me to switch to the nutrisse (green) box.

let's rock and roll! :):):)

zinkemomx2
02-10-2009, 09:55 AM
Whoohoo! My weight is back down to my 2009 low.

suitejudyblueeyes
02-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Billie! Awesome! Have a carrot. :carrot:

KC - two runs in one day? You are my hero.

Had a good talk with a friend last night - she started back at WW with my encouragement at the start of the year, now she's having to counsel me through my eating ridiculousness. I really need to recommit to tracking my food AND the points values - just tracking what I eat and assuming it adds up correctly is getting me nowhere. After dinner last night I sat down and wrote down what I ate all day, and ended up pretty significantly over my points though I felt on plan for some reason. There is something wrong with my head.

So here I am, recommitting to tracking stuff. I planned out today and have some wiggle room if needed. I need to find my groove again.

zinkemomx2
02-10-2009, 12:59 PM
Billie! Awesome! Have a carrot. :carrot:

I'm sitting down to have another bowl of chili right now. Maybe I'll snack on carrots later.

suitejudyblueeyes
02-10-2009, 01:26 PM
just don't snack on this guy, he appears a little wiry. :carrot:

Had one of those moments where I wanted something sweet just for the taste of something sweet in my mouth, since lunch was a little bland. Left the office under the guise of just going for a little walk. Made it halfway to CVS (where I inevitably would have come away with a giant bag of something or other), turned around. Headed towards a coffee shop (where I would have ended up with a coffee & some kind of baked good), walked by. I debated it with myself and realized I had Altoids at my desk that would pretty much satisfy the mouth thing I was looking for. One good decision down, umpteen million to go.

pintobean
02-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Whoohoo! My weight is back down to my 2009 low.

Yay!! Congrats :)

...Had a good talk with a friend last night - she started back at WW with my encouragement at the start of the year, now she's having to counsel me through my eating ridiculousness. I really need to recommit to tracking my food AND the points values - just tracking what I eat and assuming it adds up correctly is getting me nowhere. After dinner last night I sat down and wrote down what I ate all day, and ended up pretty significantly over my points though I felt on plan for some reason. There is something wrong with my head.

So here I am, recommitting to tracking stuff. I planned out today and have some wiggle room if needed. I need to find my groove again.

woohoo! for recommitting Jaime. That's a big step. I'm sure with each other's support you both will do great. And there's nothing wrong with your head. You've gone thru a lot these past few months. I'm looking at the postive side here...it could have been worse, you could have gained back everything you worked so hard to lose. But you didn't. Take one step at a time and you will succeed no doubt. Look at you already making great choices by not stopping at CVS and the coffee shop. That's awesome! Hang in there girl :hug: you will get your groove back. And if you need us to :kickbutt: we'll be happy to do so. ;)

Fat Chick B Gone
02-10-2009, 02:29 PM
Anj (and others with the stoopid gray hair). I use Nutratint. It's a bit pricier then the Nutriesse (which I used to use) but my hair likes it much much better. It's all natural and not tested on animals (boo hiss Garnier).

Anj - that cocktail sounds nommy
Jaime - You're doing great considering the upheavel in your life. Major props man.
Lucy - Feel free to consider me your one woman comedy act =p. Two runs in one day? You're crazy.
Billie - good job getting back down!

I'm feeling pretty good and back on track. The weather has been so pretty here that it's reminding me I want to look and feel okay in a bathing suit this summer. Probably won't be bikini ready but I want to not feel all self conscious. I'm working on building my social circle a bit also. I was invited to a party Thursday night. I may or may not go depending on the time - I do have to work Friday. Sunday I'm going to a veggie potluck from a meetup group. The thing with me and socializing is that it's great but I treat it as an excuse to go off plan and that's not okay. Also my friends all like to drink as do I. Hellllooooo empty calories. No don't even suggest drinking sparkling water - I'll dump it on your head. I just need to not do the pigging out the day after drinking.

Today's plan -
break - tofu scramble and toast
lunch - pasta with balls
dinner - taco salad

plan was to go to yoga but now I have to make a client phone call at 7:00 which is my yoga class time. I'm going to run instead when I'm done with her.
This client has freebie Diet Dr. Pepper - quick someone remind me that it is really really bad for me. Too late.

zinkemomx2
02-10-2009, 02:33 PM
I debated it with myself and realized I had Altoids at my desk that would pretty much satisfy the mouth thing I was looking for. One good decision down, umpteen million to go.

I have 5-6 different flavors of gum around me at most times just for that reason. Great job!

suitejudyblueeyes
02-10-2009, 03:21 PM
H - know what you mean with the sparkling water suggestions. If social drinking were just about having a glass in your hand, sure - but when you actually just want to go have a good time sparkling water does NADA. Sounds like you have some fun things lined up - go to the party. You'll be glad you did once you're there, but if you have to put an early cap on things that's better than staying at home (unless you have a reason, which is okay too, but no sitting around moping). Besides, I'm sure people will understand, it's a Thursday!

I need good hangover food that is not a hamburger and french fries. When I am hung over the only thing I want is grease. And if I'm going to stay on track AND continue to branch out socially and relive those years I lost by being boring and married, I'm gonna need to fix what I do to myself on Sunday afternoons.

Fat Chick B Gone
02-10-2009, 03:46 PM
I've found homemade fries roasted with a bit of oil and a vegiburger work okay for a hangover. I use more oil on the fries then I normally would and more veginaise, etc. but still better then the McDonalds #2 combo supersized I used to get in college.

pintobean
02-10-2009, 03:47 PM
....I need good hangover food that is not a hamburger and french fries. When I am hung over the only thing I want is grease. And if I'm going to stay on track AND continue to branch out socially and relive those years I lost by being boring and married, I'm gonna need to fix what I do to myself on Sunday afternoons.

How about some scrambled eggs, cheese, toast and some fruit juice? I read it helps. And drinking water definitely :)

GirlyGirlSebas
02-10-2009, 03:50 PM
For the hangover mornings......of long long ago cause I'm oh so boring now!....I would eat a piece of slightly burned toast and a glass of milk with my tylenol. The burned toast would help with any stomach acid....something about the charcoal, I believe. Whatever you do, don't have a big glass of water if you need to drive somewhere or work. ;)

Mrs Snark
02-10-2009, 06:19 PM
Hey gang, sorry to have been missing all the fun. I got very, very sick last week and ended up with some weird sort of pneumonia you get from sucking snot or barf into your lungs accidentally. It's been a real joy. I haven't even been on the computer, Ihaven't been out of bed.

But I'm not dead. Just mostly dead.

zinkemomx2
02-10-2009, 08:29 PM
I am glad you are sorta alive.

Fat Chick B Gone
02-11-2009, 07:14 AM
Jo - I hope you're more alive today.

I did pretty good yesterday. I could have come in way under calories but was hungry after my run and opted for popcorn while watching Desperate Housewives. Still under goal for the day with popcorn.

Today's plan -
breakfast - mangolicious smoothie
snack - pita chips and hummus
lunch - taco salad
dinner - veggie wrap with tofu lin and home baked fries

exercise - walk the poopers and maybe a short jog

Random fact - I have a whitehead on the inside of my ear I can't pop and it's driving me insane rapidly. I may pull a van Gogh.

suitejudyblueeyes
02-11-2009, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the hangover suggestions. That is interesting about the carbon on burned toast... but makes sense, as don't you put a charcoal filter in a fish tank to balance the pH? Ah, Anjuli, going out for super greasy diner breakfast was my other favorite thing. Eggs, bacon, greasy homefries. I might try for the Heather route on the baked fries - or at least some pan-fried potatoes of some kind.

Jo - Go back to bed. It'll be hard for us here without you, but we'll make it.

H - I effing HATE ear zits. They don't happen often but when they do, they hurt like a mother. Ugh.

I am glad to see people showing their beautiful faces around here again. I FINALLY went grocery shopping last night. In fact, I had a pretty productive evening - collapsed my final box in my apartment, too! But there are still piles of things I haven't dealt with... at least none of them are in boxes. Anyway, got a bunch of good stuff at the grocery store and have at least five healthy, interesting dinners to make. I am doing well with cracking down on the measuring/tracking so far. Spent a good five minutes in front of my scale this morning as I measured out everything for breakfast, lunch, and snacks for the day. There is something very pleasing about having THAT level of control over what you're doing. It may drive me crazy soon, but for now I'm still thinking it's fun.

Plan -
B: oatmeal, cranberries, nut fat.
S: yogurt.
L: vegetable soup, crackers with peanut butter (16 grams of it.)
S: apple, 1oz cheese
D: bean and turkey sausage soup, cheese quesadilla.

Getting there.

Mrs Snark
02-11-2009, 09:19 AM
Ear zits are just the worst.

I'm feeling more human this morning and am actually out of the bed moving around. I might even go for a slow walk. The weather is spectacular.

Today's Plan:
Grits and ezekiel toast
Black bean soup, veggies, tortilla
Apple
Channa masala, big salad

vixjean
02-11-2009, 12:05 PM
Zinc - love the cakes.
Jo - I hope you feel better soon.
Jamie - congrats on having a good time, be safe out there, and I love Heather's nummy suggestions.

Hi All,
I had a new low today 156.2, wow I am VERY close to the half way mark. I am trying to hold myself accountable and not to lie to myself.

breakfast - choc milk & celery sticks (3)
breakfast/morning snack - oatmeal
lunch - wendy's chicken salad (modified to save calories)
afternoon snack - ummmm....
dinner - chicken brest with some cheese and green beans
after dinner snack - entitlement bread, marge, & jelly (if calories allow) otherwise an intitlement homemade mocha

I also plan to workout tonight, it will have to be at 9 pm

kittycat40
02-11-2009, 12:53 PM
vixjean- very cool, congrats!

jo- so glad you are present and accounted for. feel better soon!

I second the eggs and cheese on toast as good OP hangover food.

holding on tight, getting into an op groove.

later,
L

zinkemomx2
02-11-2009, 11:03 PM
Not positive that I'll be around between now and Saturday night. It all depends on if I get on the computer at my mom's. I could probably use a few days offline.

I do have plans in place to stay POP while I am there. The hardest part will probably be getting in my water everyday. Poppa has a tendency to steal cups if you set them down. I have my water jug this time around though and might threaten to chop off a hand if I have to.

Enjoy your weekend and STAY ON PLAN!

P.S. Don't forget to drink your water

Fat Chick B Gone
02-12-2009, 07:03 AM
Congrats Vix!! What happened to you on plurk?
Billie - Have a great time!

Today's plan -
breakfast - strawberry smoothie (can you tell it's warmer here? smoothies are back on the menu!!)
lunch - Tofu Lin Sammich and butternut squash soup
Dinner - Probably pasta with broccoli and artichoke hearts
snacks - pita and hummus and an apple

exercise - yoga at the yuppie gym and walking the dogs

Last night's planned veggie wrap truned into a "meat"ball and veggie wrap - zoiks so good.

Mrs Snark
02-12-2009, 07:45 AM
Vix -- Congratulations on the new low! Whoo hoo, that's awesome!

Billie -- have fun and I'm sure you can manage to stay on plan!

Today's plan:
Exercise: A walk if my temp stays down
Oatmeal, apple
Faux hot dogs and baked beans
Orange
Vegetable pad thai

vixjean
02-12-2009, 08:42 AM
Hey all, I had to quit plurking for a while because it was SOOOO addicting. The FH was taking a video one day and I was just STUCK into my laptop, it was kind of sad, and struck a cord with me.

suitejudyblueeyes
02-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Vix - Congrats on the low weight! Will miss you on plurk but I understand. I try to wean myself away evenings & weekends since I'm there all day at work but it's hard to succeed.

L - run with that groove when you find it! Hold on tight!

Billie - Have fun (?) with the 'rents.

H - I was never a fan of the ball-in-bun sandwich phenomenon. Sounds good hypothetically but whenever the idea is actualized it just doesn't appeal. :shrug:

Why, oh why, did I eat when I got home from bowling? I wasn't hungry. I was on the phone with a friend. I had eaten a satisfying dinner, had beer at the bowling alley, and came home and made myself food. Dang it, mind, catch up with the stomach. You two need to get together and get your story straight once in a while.

Salad for lunch today, sweet & sour shrimp (homemade) with broccoli slaw salad asian-style for dinner.

I have had three times as much coffee as I have water so far this morning. You decide if that's because a) I've had so little water, or b) I've had absurd amounts of coffee.

Fat Chick B Gone
02-13-2009, 09:06 AM
Vix - Understood but hope you still pop in here!
Jaime - drinking and food are not a good combo.

Well I didn't go to the party last night. Yoga was an hour and a half and I didn't get home until 8:30. By the time I scarfed down dinner I was just ready for bed. Roomie said it was pretty lame so I don't feel like I missed anything.

Today's plan -
Breakfast - granola with rice milk and banana
Lunch - soy boy sammich and soup
Dinner - tbd either broiled tofu with a mango sauce or "meatball" wrap

exercise - walk the dogs and a short run

kittycat40
02-13-2009, 09:25 AM
yesterday was the kind of day I was trying to avoid by grooving good and hard.
nope.

trying to get back on track. ate 2 tofutti cuties for breakfast, left over cob salad for snack but really extension of breakfast.

will log calories, go for long run today and GET. BACK. ON. WAGON.

you all piqued my curiosity about plurk. is it like facebook on webcam?? I can see potential addiction.

Heather, where can I get that other haircolor? reg drugstore or elsewhere?

Jo, how are your snotlungs?

Jaimie, have the caffeine shakes died down yet?

Billie, hope things are cool at MILs.

later,
L

Mrs Snark
02-13-2009, 09:50 AM
Lucy -- I'm sure you can catch a ride on the wagon again, go get it girl!

Heather -- party schmarty, doesn't sound like you missed much.

Jaime -- snacking when not really hungry is a favorite pasttime for me and a hard habit to break. Hangin there!

I took my snot lungs for a slow, shortish run today -- I can feel the energy in my body stored up and ready to be released. That many days off in a row may have been a very good thing for me overall -- minus the pneumonia part. That was just a temporary glitch. If I'm well enough I'll be doing my own private half mary run in a few days to assuage my pique over missing the official race.

I've been POP food-wise because I've had no real appetite, but that started changing yesterday and I've had to fight the urge to cram in tons of food. I wasn't under-eating while sick, so there is no true reason to want to binge eat, other than that it is my default position in life. Welcome back to normal.

Today's plan
Exercise: Run (done)
Food:
oatmeal, apple
faux hot dogs and baked beans
Pasta with SB, roasted broccoli & asparagus, and nootch
1 square dark chocolate

16 days until I leave for Italy -- w00t!

Fat Chick B Gone
02-14-2009, 11:49 AM
Lucy- I get the hair dye at my "health food" store but I've actually seen it cheaper online and might have to start ordering it that way. He he on the tofutti cuties. I'm the vegan one and it's my roommate that buys them a lot!

I ate a bit too much last night, worried about Darcy, stressed over work, yada yada. Somehow the scales didn't reflect it this AM. Not that I'm taking that as an excuse to overdo it today but it was nice to not have a huge gain after going overboard. It is rather funny(sad?) how much my definition of going overboard has changed. Now it's two extra pieces of bread with buttah and a handful of carob chips. Before well lets just say it would've been a lot more.

Today -
Breakfast - coffee, wasn't hungry til now
Lunch - Im going to do a wrap and some homebaked fries
Dinner - Broiled tofu with a hot mango sauce with rice and steamed mustard greens

Going to walk the dogs here in a bit and then weather permitting tennis later tonight. Also plan on cleaning out my closet and attacking the spare room today.

Also because I hardly ever take pictures and I think everyone needs to see the cuties: http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i56/blakey81/100_0302.jpg

Happy V-Day!

zinkemomx2
02-14-2009, 06:45 PM
I'm back. I did surprisingly well at my mom's. I introduced them to the snobby joes, black bean and butternut tacos, vegetable pizza and quinoa. They did great and admitted that at first they were a little afraid but that everything was surprisingly good. I am curious what the scale will show in the morning.

Hope everyone is having a great Vday with their loved ones.

zinkemomx2
02-15-2009, 09:33 AM
I love the scale.

That is all.

Fat Chick B Gone
02-15-2009, 09:39 AM
No bake cookies are the debbil. That is all.

Today -
breakfast - coffee and eh not sure
lunch - broiled tofu and mango sauce
dinner - pot luck so not sure. keeping calories low until then

need to run, not feeling motivated

zinkemomx2
02-15-2009, 01:42 PM
No bake cookies are the debbil. That is all.

DUH!

Mrs Snark
02-16-2009, 09:36 AM
How did Monday get here so fast?

GirlyGirlSebas
02-16-2009, 09:59 AM
Hi there, friends.

I nursed the family through the flu and haven't caught it myself(knock on wood!) However, we all now have horrible head colds. I'm trying to work this morning, but sinus medicine doesn't make one very intelligent.:dizzy:

The good news.....I maintained this week! :carrot:

Fat Chick B Gone
02-16-2009, 11:03 AM
Hmm after a not great weekend I was still down. I'll take it but no more risks!

Breakfast - tempeh sausage and toast and assored fruit
lunch - chips and bean dip (ate breakfast really late)
dinner - This (http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipes/10808?section=)

Rhonda - feel better!

GirlyGirlSebas
02-16-2009, 11:05 AM
Heather, did I miss something? What is wrong with Darcy?

Fat Chick B Gone
02-16-2009, 06:06 PM
She's has been favoring her hip a lot. She loses her balance some on walks, has trouble getting up off the floor and on to the bed at times. Other days she acts like she's 6 months old. I imagine it's just her getting older but I'm wigged out. We have a vet appt. tomorrow. Good bye extra money this month.

Mrs Snark
02-16-2009, 06:10 PM
How old is she? I've been through this with both my big dogs, and it was very hard to watch.

Fat Chick B Gone
02-16-2009, 06:15 PM
She turns 6 this month which doesn't sound all that old but mastiffs average life is around 8-10 years. :(

Mrs Snark
02-16-2009, 06:29 PM
Yeah, this is the curse of loving big dogs. It really, really sucks.

My male Pyr had some of the same symptoms you describe, and then suddenly one morning he couldn't stand at all. I took him to the vet expecting it to be the end, but we started giving him Rimadyl daily and he rebounded and lived another good quality year. Eventually, the severe arthritis won, but the Rimadyl really extended his life is a great way.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Darcy.

kittycat40
02-16-2009, 06:57 PM
you have a MASTIFF??
I met one recently... the biggest dog I have ever seen!!!!
and very sweet and snuggly :)

GirlyGirlSebas
02-16-2009, 07:52 PM
I'm sorry, Heather. I hope the vet has good news for her.

Fat Chick B Gone
02-17-2009, 08:29 AM
Thanks girls. My mom has talked me off the ledge over the weekend. Her dogs have all ended up with arthritis but she reminded me how well they did with medication. I'll let you know after our appointment today.
Honestly my biggest worry is that something is going to happen to her where she can't move and I cannot move her myself since she's so big. I stress over this quite a bit.

Mrs Snark
02-17-2009, 09:08 AM
Let us know how the appt goes. I'm taking my little kid (Max) to the vet today for his annual and to get his anal glands emptied. Ick.

Fat Chick B Gone
02-17-2009, 09:10 AM
Ha the vet has offered to teach me how to do the anal glands - I will gladly keep paying them to do it.

Mrs Snark
02-17-2009, 09:15 AM
Yeah, I've tried to learn how to do it, but I'm afraid I'll hurt him, his seem tricky. And it is so gross too. I didn't think Darcy would have the problem. This is the first dog I've had that has to get his emptied.

GirlyGirlSebas
02-17-2009, 10:07 AM
I called out sick at work today. I have not done this in a long, long time.

zinkemomx2
02-17-2009, 11:14 AM
Hope all the pups check out fine.

Rhonda - Hope you are either start feeling better or are you just taking a mental health day?

I have good news. I tried on my pair of goal pants. They are a size 16 dress slack. The last time I tried was between Thanksgiving and Christmas and I couldn't get them anywhere near my hips. They were stuck at the top of my thighs. I tried again this morning after DH made a comment about me losing my butt. I got them all the way up to my waist. Obviously it will be a long time before I can even think about doing them up but I am pleased I made it to my waist. Then I dug out my jeans that have been hanging out in my closet. I can wear them all now comfortably. Yippee!

Fat Chick B Gone
02-17-2009, 12:29 PM
Darcy started having to have her anal glands done about 2 years ago. It is far too gross for me to mess with.
Darcy is okay for now - on daily glucosamine and I have pain meds for an as needed basis. She's just bascially an early senior dog at this point and some problems are going to occur.

Rhonda there is nothing wrong with a day off once in a while. Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Zinke - way to go!!

I hope everything is okay with Max today also.

zinkemomx2
02-17-2009, 12:33 PM
Glad to hear about Darcy. Hopefully she will do better for the x-ray next time.

Mrs Snark
02-17-2009, 01:10 PM
I'm glad it was nothing specific with Darcy, yay! Old age does suck. Has she been taking the glucosamine already? I saw no improvement in either of my dogs (or me for that matter) taking that stuff. I'm curious how it will be for you. I've heard other people rave about it. I guess it only works with specific body chemistry or something.

Fat Chick B Gone
02-17-2009, 01:18 PM
Darcy hasn't taken anything before so I guess we'll see how it goes. They're very into alternative remedies at the vet so we also have doggie accupuncture and laser heat therapy as treatment options if it continues to progress. Vet said they've actually had very good results with the accupuncture for arthritis. I've been cracking up picturing Darcy with needles sticking out of her =P

pintobean
02-17-2009, 01:44 PM
Oh glad to know about Darcy :hug:. She and I can trade stories about Glucosamine ;) . Getting old does suck. I take it for my knee. Glucosamine/Chronditin has helped me definitely. My knee is better not 100% but a whole lot better. I hope she feels better after taking it.

Accupuncture for dogs. I'm trying to imagine it :D

suitejudyblueeyes
02-17-2009, 02:22 PM
I was recommended to try acupuncture for my neurotic self mutilating cat. Never did. I read an article the other day about how people complained of less pain when they had needles randomly inserted into their skin, not necessarily at the energy points generally prescribed. That was interesting. Who knows.

I'm feeling pretty good today. Today will be OP day #3. I haven't been POP for 3 days in what feels like a million years.... but more like just since the beginning of Jan when I lost two weeks in a row. Just need to keep up being consistent...

Zinke - awesome on the pants! That's wonderful!

Manick
02-17-2009, 05:21 PM
I've had good results personally with acupuncture, I imagine it might help if it comes to that.

Just stopping by to say eating a fresh grapefruit seems to knock the chocolate craving right out of me!

Zinke, that is exciting progress!

I am totally stalled on the WL front. I will be fat in Mexico, I have faced the fact. A few margaritas and micheladas should help with the whole 'being in public in a bathing suit' thing. :p

zinkemomx2
02-17-2009, 06:41 PM
I will be fat in Mexico, I have faced the fact. A few margaritas and micheladas should help with the whole 'being in public in a bathing suit' thing. :p That's the spirit. Don't let your weight stop you from having a good time.

kittycat40
02-17-2009, 08:09 PM
Hey girls,
Funny that this thread has gone all animal lately. I am currently dog sitting for my neighbor. She has a really sweet ~1yr. old cockapoo. Yogi will be here until this weekend.

I took on this task to remind myself that this household-- read, I- have too much goin' on to start up with a dog right now.

This weekend I really wanted to just go to the pound and get a dog. DH reminded me that I am the one who has listed all the reasons why a dog just does not work at this time. But I really miss having a dog, whaaa whaaa.:(

Anyway, this doggie is my bud and I do love having a pupple in the house :)

Yes, the anal glands... the vet did give me a tutorial back in the day, and I also decided that the visits were well worth it...

Food, life, exercise took a nose dive but I am working on resolving issues in order to keep a lid on the self destruction.

Mannick, Mexico sounds really good and your attitude is awesome --way to go! drink some corona for me!
Billie, you are shining right thru the web...
Jo, I'm not sure-- was your marathon solo or a sponsored one in S. FL?
Heather, do you have three mastiffs??
Jaime, I have heard that prozac is used in cats with good success.

tomorrow is the first morning while taking care of Yogi. It will be a challenge getting out the door at 7a to make my train... wish me luck!

pintobean
02-18-2009, 08:05 AM

Nothing much going on my side. I'm kinda feeling blah for some reason. I hope to come out of it soon. I will be at a training session rest of the day so that sucks.

Food Plan:
B - Oatmeal and coffee
S - 1/2 snack bar
L - PBJ sandwich and grapes
S - ?

Billie, awesome about the pants. Keep it up girl. You're doing great.
Jaime, what did you do for dinner last night?
Manick, have fun in Mexico. You look wonderful. And the WL will happen.
Jo, how are you doing?
Rhonda, hope you're feeling better today :hug:
Lucy, totally understand about everything taking nose dive. Hang in there girl. My weekend wasn't the greatest either.

suitejudyblueeyes
02-18-2009, 09:40 AM
Lucy - I have heard of using kitty prozac but I really don't know if I want to go that route - for one thing it's impossible to get this cat to take medicine and for another, he seems to be relatively happy aside from his neurotic butt-licking. I don't want to project my being uncomfortable with his licking on him and drug him because of that.... you know? Sit on that jar of self destruction, it can't escape as easily when you're sitting on the lid :p

Manick - a few margaritas will help anything ;)

anj - have fun training (i think). i ended up having leftovers for dinner and a potato. that exploded in the microwave.

There's an article in today's NYT Style section - Mark Bittman on non-breakfast food for breakfast. Some of his recipes look fantastic. There is a coconut-oat pilaf, morning pizza, various rice-based ideas... I'd love to branch out in the breakfast department, but I still can't wrap my head around the idea of scallions, chili peppers, and tamari for breakfast.

Here it is:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/18/dining/18mini.html?pagewanted=1&8dpc&_r=2

It got me thinking of that berry & quinoa bowl someone linked to ages ago. I bookmarked it and just found it again - it's a little more like branching out but not quite to the extreme of having endive and olives at 8am. I think I'll go this route first, then ease my way towards more savory dishes... I think I could get behind a nice bowl of polenta with sundried tomatoes in the morning...

Quinoa recipe:
http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/warm-and-nutty-cinnamon-quinoa-recipe.html

Mrs Snark
02-18-2009, 10:04 AM
Arrggh, I just typed a really long post and lost it. I HATE that....

*stomps off*

Mrs Snark
02-18-2009, 10:18 AM
Manick -- honey you are HOT! We've seen the pictures! You are going to have great time in Mexico and look gorgeous while doing it!!

Fat Chick B Gone
02-18-2009, 10:37 AM
Lucy - Nope I just have the Darcy dogg. My roommate has a pit mix that I at times refer to as my own also ;)

Manick - dudette you're smoking and will have to fight the senors off with a pinata stick

Jaime - I love non breakfast food for breakfasts. Granted it's normally leftovers that I eat and not preparing nontraditional things in the AM.

I'm having my every two months blah moment. Partial depressions? Partial just I really don't love my job? Who knows. Anyway took some time off Monday and Tuesday and feeling a little better and way far behind today. Luckily this blah time I didn't feel like eating much so a brief silver lining.

Today -
breakfast - cereal
lunch - pasta
dinner - I don't know, like I said food isn't high priorty right now. Don't be shocked if it's popcorn and soup.

GirlyGirlSebas
02-18-2009, 02:03 PM
Zinke - Congrats on your pants success! I'm sure you'll be wearing them out on a date soon.
Manick - You are a beautiful woman. I'm sure you will have a blast in Mexico.
Jaime - Congratulations on three days OP!
Anjuli and Heather - We all get the blah's sometimes. Hang tough.

Well, I called out sick again today. I caught the flu that my family had last week. High fever, chills, killer headache, sinus congestion, cough.....not a lot of fun. The good news is that I've not been craving the sugar and the scales have gone down a bit. There is always a silver lining!

Manick
02-18-2009, 04:07 PM
You guys are great for my flagging ego :grouphug: thanks! :D

I will re-focus I am sure. I have just stalled since the end of October. Sun will be coming out, spring will be here soon...I will be feeling it and get my butt in gear :cool:

Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on my mood) I know too much now not to be aware of what is going in my mouth at all times.

Fat Chick B Gone
02-19-2009, 06:12 AM
Rhonda - sending you healthy vibes!

So yesterday ended up with premade pad thai for lunch and tofu fingers for dinner and a bite of PB when I got home. Healthy is thy name.

Today -
breakfast - coffee, toast with PB
snack - banana
lunch- sghetti
dinner - something involving lots o'veggies

Hopefully not working until 10pm tonight.

suitejudyblueeyes
02-19-2009, 12:04 PM
TOM showed its face today. Thank god drugs finally kicked in. I think I've decided to go back on the pill when I go to the dr. next week. The benefits far outweigh the risks right now. We'll see if it affects my weight at all when I re-start - I don't remember having any noticable gain when I went on last time so we'll see.

Yesterday some Oreos found their way into my grubby little hands, but I had a serving and no more. Otherwise had a good day. Not concerned about the Oreos. Today will be pretty good - lf muffin, apple, chicken/lentils, tortellini pasta salad w/ton o veg. Not optimisitic about WI due to TOM showing up just now, usually takes a few days for that to balance out. Sucky timing being that this is the longest I've been OP in about a month and it'd be nice to have something to show for it.

Fat Chick B Gone
02-20-2009, 07:46 AM
Hate you have to go back on the pill. I have noticed my cramps are worse off of it and the I want to stab someone/cry at a leaf falling off the tree/hump everything walking down the street mood swings may perhaps be a tad worse off of it also.

Dudettes losing weight is a pain in the *** in case you were not aware. No "real" exercise this week other then puppy walks. Scale moves down over 3lbs. W-T-F? Calories about the same as normal - around 1900 most days and two days around 1650. I'm not complaining it just confuses the **** out of me this weight thing.

Today's plan
breakfast -was supposed to be steel cut oats but that was a fail. They're sitting on the stove mocking me right now so it'll probably be cereal or toast with PB on the way to work

Lunch - the soba noodle, grapefruit, tofu, pb sauce dish I linked to earlier in the week and just actually made last night. I was hesitant as I remembered never being a fan of grapefruit. Aapparenly I'm old now because it was deliciuos!

Dinner - uhhhhhh

Fat Chick B Gone
02-20-2009, 07:51 AM
Also, I have a bizarre craving for pigs in a blanket. Lightlife dogs and..... I guess I could make my own dough. Blah.

Mrs Snark
02-20-2009, 08:12 AM
Heather, I think Pillsbury croissant rolls are vegan? Not sure, there are sites like this this (http://laist.com/2008/05/19/vegan_pigs_in_a_blanket.php) and this (http://www.exploreveg.org/resources/recipes/desserts/simple-vegan-cheese-danish)...

I do see arguments on discussion boards as to whether you can be 100% sure, so I guess it depends on your personal philosophy about it...

pintobean
02-20-2009, 08:24 AM
Hello Ladies

It's Friday and that makes me happy every time :) . Plan for this weekend is basically to chill and prep for breakfast and lunches next week. Thanks Jaime for the Mark Bittman link. I think I'm going to try the polenta pizza this weekend (without the pancetta). I've never had polenta before so it should be interesting. For breakfast, I'm looking for something simple, less messy, some form of protein and also tastes good. Not asking much, am I? :D Well, I'll see what google and my creativity in the kitchen can come up with.

Heather, thanks for the hair color info. I ordered it last week from Amazon. Coloring my hair is on the agenda this weekend. My grays are all clustered in the front and I can't stand looking at it anymore. As for the WL, :woohoo: . It's possible a combination of eating well and stress. You've been working so much this week. You're sooooo close to Onederland :)

Jaime, I just finished with TOM. I am not a happy person when PMS hits me. It sucks you have to go back on pills. But if it will help you then that's a good thing.

Rhonda, hope you're feeling better.

Food Plan:
B - Oatmeal and coffee
S - 1/2 snack bar
L - PBJ sandwich and grapes

Have a great OP day everyone :)

Fat Chick B Gone
02-20-2009, 08:32 AM
The pillsbury ones have datem which I tend to avoid when possible. I'm sure I get it when eating out. We don't have a cub foods :( Maybe I'll check around this weekend and see what's available. I still have some puff pastry in the freezer - puffy pigs in a blanket?

kittycat40
02-20-2009, 08:54 AM
ha! I made real pigs (beef ones) in a blanket (crescent roll outers) just last weekend. thankfully, there were just enough for the kids so dh and I couldn't pig out on them.

I hear you on losing weight being a really big PIA. I am five pounds over my lowest and I've been trying to get back to that. It's proving to be much harder now than it was this summer.. More encouragement to avoid the bounce up this time around.

Jaime, I am on BCP and still have a biatch of a time with pms... I can't even think about life w/o them. I would change prescriptions but that will result in a major hair shed and it's already very thin.... thank you PCOS.

Rhonda, is it gone yet?

Anjuli, let us know if this hair color is significantly nicer to your hair too and then I will try it out also.

Jo, snot lungs emptied?

I am procrastinating b/c it is 23 degrees out there and I am just a procrastinator. ok- going for a run NOW.

TGIF! :):):)

pintobean
02-20-2009, 09:15 AM
Billie, I added some creamer and some chocolate Silk to my coffee and it tasted good with little sugar. But if you're doing vegan you could try the Silk creamer in coffee. I definitely didn't like the Silk French vanilla creamer in coffee but you might. Something different to try if you're trying to get rid of cocoa in morning. You already drink chocolate Silk. Or you could just add choc silk to coffee.

suitejudyblueeyes
02-20-2009, 12:24 PM
Dudettes losing weight is a pain in the *** in case you were not aware. No "real" exercise this week other then puppy walks. Scale moves down over 3lbs. W-T-F? Calories about the same as normal - around 1900 most days and two days around 1650. I'm not complaining it just confuses the **** out of me this weight thing.

I know you're not looking for answers so I won't try to explain it. I know what you mean though. You can do everything right and see nothing at all.... or do everything wrong and find yourself 3lbs lighter.

For breakfast, I'm looking for something simple, less messy, some form of protein and also tastes good.

Have you tried making quiche? I made a quiche on sunday and have been eating it for breakfast this week, it has been phenomenal at keeping me full through most of the morning. The trick is finding a lower-fat one that tastes good.

I am procrastinating b/c it is 23 degrees out there and I am just a procrastinator. ok- going for a run NOW.

Run run run!

I am going to do a radical thing myself here this afternoon......... I am going to run. I'm gonna do it. I'm not kidding around this time. No matter how hard it sucks, I am going to run. I promise.

Been OP this whole week! Now to tackle the dreaded weekend and we'll see if I can make it TWO weeks! Not expecting much on the scale tomorrow due to TOM but we'll see.

Mrs Snark
02-20-2009, 01:32 PM
I know you're not looking for answers so I won't try to explain it. I know what you mean though. You can do everything right and see nothing at all.... or do everything wrong and find yourself 3lbs lighter.

What I know for sure is that you can't do everything wrong and get away with it for very long . I've road-tested that theory for YEARS.

Congrats on your OP week! Whoo hoo! And don't you have fancy new running shoes? They'll love you for putting some mileage on them!

Fat Chick B Gone
02-20-2009, 04:24 PM
Heather, thanks for the hair color info. I ordered it last week from Amazon. Coloring my hair is on the agenda this weekend. My grays are all clustered in the front and I can't stand looking at it anymore.

Mine are almost all at the front too - hate it!

I am procrastinating
Queen of that here. How was the run?

Yeah just venting here, I know it's a process. A big PITA annoying process :devil:

What I know for sure is that you can't do everything wrong and get away with it for very long . I've road-tested that theory for YEARS.

Oh no! I haven't gone off the deep end just haven't had time to make it to the gym. No plans to stop exercising either. I have to look hot for Manick in April :D

So I have now revised my craving to TVP fauxloaf with mashed potatoes, green beans, and corn tonight. I do not know why I'm having so many hokey dinner cravings lately.

pintobean
02-20-2009, 05:40 PM
Jaime, run!! I just finished running/walking on treadmill. And I haven't had quiche except for those mini frozen ones. Thanks for the idea...it's definitely something I can try.

Heather, I had PBJ sandwich cravings this week and guess what I've been eating for lunches all week. PBJ sandwich. It's weird.

zinkemomx2
02-20-2009, 07:06 PM
I've tried the chocolate Silk in my coffee. It was okay but not what I'm looking for. The coffee with coffee mate SF vanilla Caramel is okay. At least it is only 30 calories instead of 140.

Food is great so far today. I have 600 calories left for dinner. I think I'm just going to grab a salad and a Lean Cuisine tonight. A piece of fruit for dinner.

I've started the 100 push up challenge again.

suitejudyblueeyes
02-21-2009, 08:55 AM
Finally, finally had a good scale day - lost 1.4 at my WI this morning. Now let's keep that up, hmm? Get out of these stinking 180's?

I do have spiffy new running shoes, and I have maybe worn them once so far. They don't deserve such poor treatment. I'm going to go put them on... :D

Fat Chick B Gone
02-21-2009, 08:56 AM
Today's plan
breakfast - coffee, toast with EB and hot sauce
Lunch - the grapefruit, soba noodles, veggies, PB sauce dish
Dinner - pizza and beer!

Mrs Snark
02-21-2009, 08:58 AM
I would like to order Heather's lunch and dinner, please.

Is toast with earth balance and hot sauce good? I must admit I've never tried that combination. I've never put any sort of hot sauce on my toast before, what have I been doing with my time?

Fat Chick B Gone
02-21-2009, 09:07 AM
OMG where have you been? Hot sauce on toast is awesome. For me it does require a little buttah also. I guess it's sorta like a wing sauce on toast? You may not want to listen to me though, I also like A-1 and bbq sauce on toast. I literally made A-1 sandwiches to take to school when I was in like 4th grade. See parents, this is why you should pack your kids' lunches.

Good job Jaime!!

zinkemomx2
02-21-2009, 09:15 AM
You go J!

I did my push-ups. Pitiful I tell you. I WILL stick with it this time.

B-Veggie omelet
L-red beans & rice
D-something with the mustard greens I bought yesterday. I've never had them before. Any ideas?

Fat Chick B Gone
02-21-2009, 11:57 AM
Zinke - I made this (http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipes/10805?section=) last weekend, omg so good. You could really do anytype of sauce with the broiled tofu. I really liked the texture broiling gave it and the steamed greens were a nice compliment. I ate some of my greens just thrown into a salad. I imagine they'd be good in stir frys also.

suitejudyblueeyes
02-21-2009, 02:56 PM
Even though I have yet to have tofu I am passionate about, I have been craving it the past couple days. I will take this opportunity to try that recipe - mango and greens and broiled tofu sounds delish! I'm going to sit down and plan the week today so I can grocery shop tomorrow.

Run was short this morning, but it was cold and I am out of shape. I am glad I went though. I sure do miss being out there. Came back in and did a short yoga vid to get a little more activity under my belt for today. Of course, this resulted in me being super hungry at 10:30am so I ate the last of my leftover lentils... Now lunch is overdue so I have to go scrounge for something.

Today's plan:

E: run and yoga! woo!
B: oatmeal, walnuts, cranberries
L: leftover moroccan lentils
D: cheese tortellini and veg
D: soup, toast

suitejudyblueeyes
02-22-2009, 05:05 PM
All's quiet on the western front, apparently.

Just checking in. I am celebrating my first 100% OP weekend in... I can't even remember how long. Of course, I still have 6 or so hours before bed so in theory that could change, but it won't. Went grocery shopping, finished the book I was reading, cooked, cleaned, went for a walk. More homemade pizza for dinner unless I feel like cooking again, but dangit my kitchen is clean now and I'm hesitant to mess it up directly. We'll see.

G-store did not have mustard greens for some unknown reason, so I bought collards to go with the recipe H posted (broiled tofu). Will make this week.

Today's plan/happenings:
B: tortellini primavera (easy, leftovers, weird breakfast I guess)
S: yogurt
L: goat cheese, portabella, and arugula pizza on delicious homemade crust
D: potentially the same thing, if not, polenta with tomato sauce

E: 40 min walk

kittycat40
02-22-2009, 10:10 PM
Hey chicks!

I did go on that run and it did get done! Go go go.
Running absolves so many calorie blunders but not enough for the amounts I am eating.

Whatever happened to the OP challenge? I could use some specific support like that right now.

I would need to check in am, mid am, pm, and later pm. That's the way things are going.

Anyone?

Fat Chick B Gone
02-23-2009, 05:44 AM
Morning girls. I spent the majority of yesterday nursing my self-inflicted pain away with bad tv and movies, pizza and about 10 gallons of water. Today I'm a bloated monster and it ain't pretty.

breakfast - coffee and a banana
lunch- noodles
dinner - we'll see, keeping cals low today to make up a bit for Saturday's drink calories.

GirlyGirlSebas
02-23-2009, 07:41 AM
Good morning, Ladies.

Today is the first day in almost two weeks that I've not felt like poo. I did start taking some leftover antibiotics yesterday, so I think they might be breaking this gunk up. I hope so. I'm anxious to get on the treadmill and lose some inches. The waist band of my jeans is getting uncomfortable again.

pintobean
02-23-2009, 09:17 AM
Hope everyone had a great weekend. It was windy and cold here and it snowed yesterday. All of Saturday was spent in cooking, prepping for the week and cleaning after the mess we made in the kitchen. By the time we were done we realized we'd been on our feet for over 12 hours. And I also did manage to squeeze in my treadmill workout in the morning. I was amazed my legs were still functioning after that. Anyhoo, it was sort of a productive weekend. Of course, now both my freezers are FULL to capacity. Anybody wants to come over for din din?

For the record, I have eaten bread with butter & hot sauce/ketchup too. I preferred it untoasted though. :D

I also colored my hair, Finally! Well, hubby helped. I really like this new hair color. No chemical smell..actually barely any smell. So good. It covered all my grays very well. But I made a mistake of choosing the wrong color shade. I don't know what I was thinking. So now I hate the color my hair turned into. It is almost black. I don't like black hair on me. My natural color is brown (not dark, not light but an obvious brown). Yes, I've colored my hair to shades of red and brown and I've liked that. Now, I look in the mirror and go wtf did I do? I am itching to re-color it. :(

Food Plan:
B - veggie loaded quiche and coffee
S - polenta spinach pizza wannabe (without pancetta)
L - Homemade Chicken tortilla soup and roll

Billie, I've been thinking of going back to that push up challenge too. I might in couple months. For now I just want to be consistent with whatever I am doing.

Jaime, congratulations on your WL and OP weekend. It is very satisfying. And great job on going for your run. You'll be back to your regular running skills in no time. Keep up the good work.

Lucy, awesome job on the run. And we are all here to support. Oh I definitely recommend the Naturtint Permanent Hair Colorant. I used to use Revelon ColorSilk Hair color which was also Amonia free. But I'm going to switch to Naturtint.

Heather, I understand the bloaty feeling all too well. Hang in there girl. You'll be back to normal soon. Coffee and water.

Rhonda, glad you're feeling better. And you can do it!

Have a wonderful OP day :)

kittycat40
02-23-2009, 09:43 AM
Anjuli, once I colored my hair with a product that made my hair magenta. The company told me to use dandruff shampoo and it would take out the color faster... it did.

pintobean
02-23-2009, 09:53 AM
Anjuli, once I colored my hair with a product that made my hair magenta. The company told me to use dandruff shampoo and it would take out the color faster... it did.

hmm...I am tempted. Thanks for the tip :) . I'll give it few days to see how I feel.

kittycat40
02-23-2009, 10:21 AM
Good morning, Ladies.

Today is the first day in almost two weeks that I've not felt like poo. I did start taking some leftover antibiotics yesterday, so I think they might be breaking this gunk up. I hope so. I'm anxious to get on the treadmill and lose some inches. The waist band of my jeans is getting uncomfortable again.

glad you're feeling better. 2 weeks is a long time!

Fat Chick B Gone
02-23-2009, 10:26 AM
Anj sorry about the results. Call the number on the box and see what they say to do and how to go about recoloring it. I had purple hair once -it was not a fun experience.
Rhonda- welcome back to the alive crowd

zinkemomx2
02-23-2009, 01:07 PM
Afternoon ladies. I am feeling much better this morning. I've done 3 loads of laundry and put away two others that had been hanging around. The dishes are finally all caught up. Kids rooms and living room has been straightened and vacuumed. Push ups done.

I want to cut my hair so bad. I might have to post a few pics and get a few suggestions soon.

B - baked sweet potato with small amount of SBL and brown sugar
L - lima bean, mustard green, sesame ginger sauce concoction
D - those red beans and rice I never made and salad.
S - fruit. i haven't had any in two days!!!!

Mrs Snark
02-23-2009, 01:10 PM
Anj, I bet there is a way to lighten it, they help people should give you good recommendations.

suitejudyblueeyes
02-23-2009, 02:24 PM
not sure if the exercise train is stopping in cville tonight, will see what i can do.

plan:
b- oatmeal and stuff (6)
l- pizza (9), apple (1)
s- yogurt (2)
d- polenta, tomato sauce (4), salad (2)
=24/25, have one left to spare.

Fat Chick B Gone
02-23-2009, 03:09 PM
I have had two packages of PB crackers and a thing of pretzels. Right because I needed more sodium laded food. Not calories I'm worried about at this point just gah I'm dumb for not planning ahead.

Fat Chick B Gone
02-24-2009, 07:38 AM
So this is the time of year boys and girls when Heather works 12+ hour days, hates her job and I wants to run away to run a tiki drink hut on an island with Darcy as my busgirl. It's also the time of year when exercise goes by the wayside and I don't have time to cook. When I don't have time to cook I get quickly bored. I'm trying not to cave but lack of sleep and time make me grumpy. ****** fest over- for right now*

Breakfast - coffee and cereal
Lunch - Pasta with boca crumbles
Dinner - rice, tempeh sausage and veggies throw in a pan and cook dish

I MUST run tonight. I have a 5k this Saturday and the next.

zinkemomx2
02-24-2009, 07:52 AM
Run Heather.

I am tired. DD woke up in the middle of the night with an ear infection. I prefer to just let them run their course. IIRC, this is only her second or third and the other ones were found because we were at the doctor for something totally unrelated. I gave her a dose of tylenol and laid down with her. She finally fell back asleep but woke up again an hour later screaming. I told her I would take her to the doctor in the morning but she said she wanted to go RIGHT NOW. It had to have hurt bad for one of my kids to ask for a doctor. Out we went at 12:15 to the ER. I felt like a fool going for something that I see as usually being minor but all the way there she kept saying that the doctor was going to make it all better.

We were in/out in an hour, but it sure did make for a long night. As I'm typing this, she just woke up complaining about the other ear. Poor girl.

pintobean
02-24-2009, 08:38 AM
Morning girls :)

I plan to call the Naturtint folks and see if they can help me with the color situation. Thank you ladies :) . I had to buy new shoes last night (details are on my blog if you're interested). Let's just say the ones I had were not working out well. I had a doctor's appointment yesterday for my elbow and wrist. Nothing earth shattering that some advil and physical therapy can't heal per doctor.

Oh, it is freakin' cold out there today. The kind of cold if your tits were exposed they would freeze. Last night, the wind was brutal. I want my sping weather here.

Heather, running might help relieve some stress. Sorry about the stressful work. A tiki bar sounds fun though :)

Billie, hope DD feels better soon and you get some rest. Poor girl :hug:

Have a wonderful OP day :)

zinkemomx2
02-24-2009, 09:12 AM

Oh, it is freakin' cold out there today. The kind of cold if your tits were exposed they would freeze. Last night, the wind was brutal. I want my sping weather here.

We woke up to -2*. BRRRRRR!

kittycat40
02-24-2009, 08:11 PM
Halloooo!

Heather, I hope you checked the label on your pb crackers. A case of salmonella is not the most fun way to lose weight ;)

Bille, is it warmer yet? Hope dd feels better asap and you all get some quality sleep.

Anjuli, what did the hair peeps say?

Jaime, can you send me some OP vibes? I am working on getting back some of those fabulous habits I only recently had. Now, it's like day zero. But if all goes well, tomorrow I can say, OP#1, complete.

Rhonda, are you still getting better?

Jo, howaya?

alright chicks, gonna make some tea, fold some laundry and sqeeze out a very few reps of hand weight stuff. tomorrow big run planned. leaving house on 6am train. ugh.

Fat Chick B Gone
02-25-2009, 07:46 AM
Lucy you are so busy!

Today's plan -
breakfast couscous with red sauce
lunch - sammich and corn
snack - apple
dinner - actually make rice and barley stirfry since last night I finished up the pigs n a blanket. I did cook the rice last night since I'm STARVING when I get home and can't wait 40 minutes to eat!

suitejudyblueeyes
02-25-2009, 08:53 AM
Lucy - blargh, 6am train? I'll work on sending those OP vibes your way but I am unsure the best way to mail them. USPS? FedEx? DHL? Do they need any special packaging, you think?

So wait... I lost count... whoa, I've been at this OP thing for 10 days in a row already. Neat. :D

ob/gyn appt today which I am not looking forward to even though it's routine. I can think of a million things I'd rather be doing than going to the gyno. I guess I've just always been to student health ob/gyns and they are all sick of seeing all the girls with STDs and UTIs (at least at my college, we had a bit of a reputation) so they were generally rude and brusque. Hopefully this new dr is nicer. We shall see.

Plan:
B: ff muffin (bleh... but best I could do this morning)
L: polenta, shrimp, tomato sauce, apple
S: yogurt
D: potentially the same as lunch, but with big salad. if I do want to cook it'll be broiled tofu & greens & mango.

E: bowling! if that counts.

kittycat40
02-25-2009, 04:30 PM
If one more person asks me if I'm pregnant I might get violent ;)

and to the busyness-- it's unfortunate because I'm one of those who likes to sit and hang out. a hang-er outer, if you will, instead of an always do-er kinda girl.

Fat Chick B Gone
02-25-2009, 08:31 PM
Jaime - You're kicking booty!
Lucy - Dudette, I'm soooo with you on being a hanger-outer. I have spurts of wanting to be go go go but in reality hand me a drink and something to put my feet on.

mmmm dinnner was delish. I really love the one-dish throw crap in a pan meals that turn out so nommy. I also love that I finally bought some chili oil - omg so freaking good.

I have to go do some work again now but I've taken 2 hours off (OH MY CRAZY!). I may only do 10.5hours today.

Tomorrow's meals:
Breakfast - Retry the steel cut oats. If disaster then toast
snack - walnuts
lunch - leftovers
snack - 1/2 grapefruit
dinner - TVP meatloaf and big salad

kittycat40
02-25-2009, 09:24 PM
ooooh-- can a snarky senorita please post that technique for single serving steel cut oats??? I bought two huge cans for my guys and they don't like the texture. Sooo, it's on me :)

zinkemomx2
02-25-2009, 09:32 PM
I bring 1 cup water to a boil and add 1/3 cup oats. Stir, turn off burner, cover, reheat in the morning. This keeps them firm and slightly chewy. My absolute favorite way to eat them is with a smashed up banana, a tablespoon pecans and a sprinkle of chocolate chips. If I am feeling healthier I just dice an apple, sprinkle with cinnamon and cook for a minute or two in the microwave to soften the apple.

Rhonda does hers in the crockpot. I think she uses 1/4 cup oats to 1 cup water. (IMO that turns them into mush more like an instant oatmeal)

My day was just boring. DD's ears are still bothering her. I was hoping to skip the follow up appointment that the ER recommended but I am thinking I might have to take her in Friday to have them checked. We are supposed to get 5-10 inches Thursday night. Blah.

I did do my 100 push ups and 200 sit ups challenge. Go me!

kittycat40
02-25-2009, 10:24 PM
I bring 1 cup water to a boil and add 1/3 cup oats. Stir, turn off burner, cover, reheat in the morning. This keeps them firm and slightly chewy. My absolute favorite way to eat them is with a smashed up banana, a tablespoon pecans and a sprinkle of chocolate chips. If I am feeling healthier I just dice an apple, sprinkle with cinnamon and cook for a minute or two in the microwave to soften the apple.

Rhonda does hers in the crockpot. I think she uses 1/4 cup oats to 1 cup water. (IMO that turns them into mush more like an instant oatmeal)

My day was just boring. DD's ears are still bothering her. I was hoping to skip the follow up appointment that the ER recommended but I am thinking I might have to take her in Friday to have them checked. We are supposed to get 5-10 inches Thursday night. Blah.

I did do my 100 push ups and 200 sit ups challenge. Go me!

Thanks Billie! My parenting, healthwise, is similar to yours. No running to pediatrician, and I do try to avoid those follow ups unless absolutely nec.

My question re:steel cut oats was actually about the single serving prep. Was it ice cube containers or something like that?

ETA-- and GO YOU!! :):):)

zinkemomx2
02-26-2009, 07:20 AM
My bad. I misunderstood. I think Manick and Pinto were freezing in muffin cups. Silicone if I remember the photos clearly. Two 'cups' was about 1 serving.

I've often made 4-5 days worth and just portioned them out and kept them in the fridge. I really need a bigger refrigerator.

pintobean
02-26-2009, 07:56 AM
Man! shoot me if I have to go to any more meetings or trainings. I wish these meetings were not mandatory. Other than that things have been going ok I guess. I've been OP food wise and working out almost regularly. I'm having a tough time on the tready. It seems I am running out of steam after 30 mins and I just want to quit after 30 mins but somehow manage (probably guilt myself) into going to 45-50 mins. Maybe cuz I'd taken a long break from it and now getting back on it is harder. But it's been the same story past couple weeks every time I hit 30 mins I just want to quit. Don't know what is going on? :?:

Lucy, I follow Manick's method similar to how Billie cooks hers. I cook it on stove top with water (1 c oats, 3 c water) for about 3-5 mins covered and let it sit covered overnight. And in the morning I add little water and warm it up so it is easy to stir and pour. Then I pour it into this silicone muffin pan (http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=14758259) and freeze it. After it freezes, I pop them out and bag them and store it in the freezer. When ready to eat I take 2 out and add 1/2 cup milk and microwave it. I am all for convenience :)

Hair color update: I called them and the girl on the phone said to wash my hair couple times and see if it gets lighter. And if not then go ahead and color it to 2 shades lighter depending on the health of my hair...she gave me couple choices for the colors.

Jaime, :woohoo: for staying OP. And I'm glad you finally decided to go see your obgyn :)

Heather, Working 10.5 hours I can't even imagine. Sending you good, calming vibes. Awesome on the chili oil :D. Is that the one with peppers in it?

Billie, what's the sit up challenge? I need to get back to doing push ups. I suck at it. Great job on doing it!!

zinkemomx2
02-26-2009, 09:24 AM
http://www.twohundredsitups.com/index.html

zinkemomx2
02-27-2009, 07:11 AM
I'm up and not particularly looking forward to today. Typically on Fridays Gramma B comes over and I get to sneak out for a few hours. We got dumped on last night with 7-10 inches of new very wet and heavy snow mixed with a little freezing rain. I doubt she is coming over. I really should go out and attempt to start moving some of it so that DH can get back in the driveway after the plow finally goes by.

I've been looking back at my last 2-3 weeks. Total maintenance mode. I've been floating up and down the same 8 ounces and it is definitely time to get back into losing mode.

B-oatmeal, banana
L-stirfry
S-apple
D-???

Fat Chick B Gone
02-27-2009, 07:14 AM
Well I managed to make the steel cut oats w/o major disaster. I really don't like the idea of leaving them sitting over night unrefridgerated (I have issues OK?) so I just cooked them in the AM while having my coffee, showering etc. Not that big of a deal to walk into the kitchen to stir once in a while.

Anj - Glad the hair color is going to workout! Are you going to try this weekend? The oil I got doesn't have chilis but I'm keeping my eye out for that also. I'm also on the hunt for curry leaves. Gah the grocery store really needs to keep everything I want in stock!

Today's meals:
breakfast - rice/barley stirfry leftovers
lunch - fauxloaf and big salad
snack - grapefruit
dinner - ummmmm

zinkemomx2
02-27-2009, 07:53 AM
So the other night I made Jaime's oatmeal with hot cocoa. Very tasty. Then this morning I got the bright idea I could use it instead of the chocolate chips I usually put in with my banana. I took that bright idea one step further and decided that since the banana was sweet enough I could probably use plain cocoa to save even more calories. Ummmm, not so much. Maybe I will make my own cocoa blend to use for hot cocoa and oatmeal.

Heather - Just for you I will do steel cut tonight and put it straight in the fridge instead of leaving it sit out. I will report back tomorrow.

pintobean
02-27-2009, 08:36 AM
I'm having one of those days where I want to hit someone or something. I don't know why? It's not PMS. Anyhoo, I'm glad it's Friday.

For the steel cuts, hubby cooks them on stove top for 45 mins or so and they're done. He doesn't care for stuff I put in mine. I am picky and he is not.

Heather, for now I'm just tempted to leave the hair color as is. I haven't bought a new one yet. I might use Henna this weekend. It depends how motivated I feel. The mess factor that comes with it sometimes is not a great motivator ;) . Curry leaves, do you have a recipe or you just want to try it? I personally don't like curry leaves that much. Assuming you and I are talking about the same leaves, we don't get it here in regular grocery stores. BTW, about the chili pepper in oil if you can't find it let me know I can mail it to you. It's worth it :D

Billie, I've been in maintenance mode for a while. I've been losing the same damn lbs over and over. We can do this :yes: . Thanks for the challenge linky. I started the sit up challenge yesterday. I am not sore for some reason. It's like I feel I will be sore and am waiting for it to happen.

Fat Chick B Gone
02-27-2009, 08:37 AM
Thank you for your food preservation.

I really like them with just a bit of agave and tons of cinnamon.

Fat Chick B Gone
02-27-2009, 08:39 AM
I have a few different recipes I've seen that call for curry leaves and rave about how great they are. I figure it's worth checking out at least once to see. I had a duh huh moment driving into work and there is a "fine foods" grocery right uptown that I'm going to check out for the oil and see what other goodies they have. I think I'll take a break around lunch and walk down there, it's only about 7 blocks away.

zinkemomx2
02-27-2009, 09:22 AM
Billie, I've been in maintenance mode for a while. I've been losing the same damn lbs over and over. We can do this :yes: . Thanks for the challenge linky. I started the sit up challenge yesterday. I am not sore for some reason. It's like I feel I will be sore and am waiting for it to happen.
I keep waiting to be sore too. When I attempted the push up challenge last time I was dying for 2-3 days. Nothing this time. I knew the sit ups wouldn't bother me as I can actually crank out quite a few crunches when I am inclined. I even did some squats the other night while watching TBL. Nothing the next day. :shrug:

I wanted to try and get over to the health food store again. I don't see that happening so I am going to order online. Any suggestions for new stuff for me to try? Or where to order from? I know Barry Farm (I found them through Amazon) had most of what I was looking for before. Any one else order food stuffs online?

Fat Chick B Gone
02-27-2009, 09:31 AM
Gramma B

Just noticed that. My dad's Mom was always Grandma B which of course was pronounced Gramma.

I don't order food or clothes online. I repeat, I have issues.

kittycat40
02-27-2009, 09:32 AM
Lucy - Dudette, I'm soooo with you on being a hanger-outer. I have spurts of wanting to be go go go but in reality hand me a drink and something to put my feet on.

Yes, this is my ideal :)

kittycat40
02-27-2009, 09:46 AM
Hey chicks-

Thanks for the specific oats info.

I'm feeling the TGIF too. Last night I felt so sad and gloomy for no reason at all. I decided it was a very good thing that I was going for a run this am. Those endorphins work wonders for my mood management.

I'm thinking Anj and Billie, that you are in line for a scale whoosh soon.

Don't know anything about curry leaves. But I do know there about one hundred different curries out there. And I know that Caribbeans will not eat it w/o cooking it. My girlfriend was horrified that I just put a few tablespoons of uncooked curry powder into my chicken salad.

Jaime- how was bowling?

onward and forward,
Lucy

zinkemomx2
02-27-2009, 09:48 AM
Just noticed that. My dad's Mom was always Grandma B which of course was pronounced Gramma.

I don't order food or clothes online. I repeat, I have issues.

All my grandparents have always been gramma and grampa.

I would never order clothes online. I have a weird body and EVERYTHING get tried on except socks and undies.

I've been looking for some veggie base or maybe that Not-chikin stuff Anna was telling me about. Again, they probably have it at the health food store but I don't see myself getting there anytime soon. Although we will be in TC the weekend of March 20th. I could drag DH through Oryana's. I bet he would LOVE that.

Funny story. DH complained last night about his weight creeping back up to 200. I asked him if he wanted me to stop packing dessert items in his lunch. He would probably lose his 5-10 pounds in one week with just that change. He didn't believe me when I told him how many calories he was eating. Duh. Two oreos are 150 calories. One fudge covered graham cracker is 110. He would eat at least 8 of each. He was quite surprised to see how many empty calories he was eating.

suitejudyblueeyes
02-27-2009, 11:24 AM
Bowling was a no-go, we didn't have the numbers so we cancelled and will go next week or the week after. I'm kind of tired of it anyhow, I needed the break.

Curry leaves? Never heard of them.

Zinke - education is key. Maybe some gentle nudging in the direction of 'look at the crap you eat' without sounding criticizing or belittling would help him.

Pinto - how's that new treadmill been working out?

I haven't been eating enough lately...... It's been a hard week at work, I've had a couple extracurricular activities keeping me distracted too. Need to focus this coming week on actually eating what I need to. A low week won't kill me but it's not a habit I am interested in keeping up. Tomorrow is WI, we shall see how my 2nd week OP worked out for me. Started back on the pill so we'll see if I get any weight gain/retention from that, though I don't remember it happening last time.

suitejudyblueeyes
02-28-2009, 12:53 PM
Just popping in before going off to hang curtains and work on the painting but here's my news:

I lost 3 freakin' pounds at WI this morning. Talk about a big WOOHOO, I am .2 away from 35 lbs. WOOT.

kittycat40
02-28-2009, 11:14 PM
Just popping in before going off to hang curtains and work on the painting but here's my news:

I lost 3 freakin' pounds at WI this morning. Talk about a big WOOHOO, I am .2 away from 35 lbs. WOOT.

Rock. And. Roll!!!!!!!!! :):):)

Fat Chick B Gone
03-01-2009, 09:21 AM
Morning girls. It's rainy and blah. I had planned on walking the dogs and going for a run but that's a big fail. It's not gently sprinkling, it's a hard cold rain and well I'm just not that dediated. I'm thinking I may have time before I go to lunch with Dad as long as I can find him a gift quickly. Both the gym and the store I want to go to and the gym don't open until noon so we'll see.
Breakfast -
coooookie and coffee
snack -
I'm going to do a big salad since we're not having lunch until 2:30
lunch - pizza
dinner - Ivory Lentil pancages and some veggies

zinkemomx2
03-02-2009, 06:40 AM
Good morning gals.
Today is our first day back to preschool in two weeks. The kids went to bed last night trying to convince me they were still sick and that they wanted to stay home. DH heard them and is now more seriously considering the homeschool option. He only has a few more days to decide because kindergarten round up should be sometime in the next two weeks.

Food has once again been out of control. :nono: But I managed to stay busy enough the last two days organizing the house and cleaning that I think I pulled off a small loss.

I have NO clue what is going to be on the menu for today. I'm going to start with some oatmeal and a banana for breakfast.

pintobean
03-02-2009, 08:28 AM
Morning everyone

Let it snow, let it snow...fun times what can I say? We didn't delay opening at work which is very surprising. Oh well...

Food wise things have been good. Although, this past weekend I wasn't very hungry come dinner time. I don't know what was going on. I had regular stuff and portions throughout the day nothing out of the ordinary and I ended up being pretty low on calories cuz of lack of appetite and eating less for din din. Also, my WL is going sloooow. My calories are good but workout eh. I am trying something different for couple weeks to see if it makes a difference. I am going to workout both morning and evening to see if it makes a difference. My work is 100% sedentary and it doesn't help. Today, I woke up at 4:45 am to do at least 45 mins of cardio. I am not consistent with my workout and it seems this is what is lacking from my routine. So let's see...

Jaime, new treadmill is really great. It is a lot harder to workout on this one than my cheapo one before it. How was the weekend? :woohoo: on the WL.

Billie, is DH now thinking of cutting back on sweets/empty calories? Good luck on the home school thing.

Lucy, how was your weekend?

Heather, did your dad call to reschedule?

kittycat40
03-02-2009, 03:46 PM
Hello from stormy east coast, gals.

I went into work today because I did not want to use my precious personal days. The commute was not too terrible. Do you think my co-workers are aware of fresher air in my vicinity (too much snow for a run ;))?

My weekend foodwise kinda sucked. DH and I went couch shopping and he was a grouchy sonabeetch. So I attacked the candyjars in one of the stores and packed my pockets and bag for the rest of the day. stooooopid and very NOT productive. Things turned around and the experience ended well but I had already started my veer off plan.

Sunday was a family trip to NYC for Museum of Natural History. My kids describe the experience as "all it was, was waiting and elevators." They are not too far off. When my little guy does not need a stroller for these kinds of things it will be better. And we found an unexpected bag of candy from some parade in the stroller. I gave the kids lolly pops and gobbled the choc.s so fast. Dh said, as he got into the car to drive home.."I thought I saw a hershey's in here.... whaaaaaat-- how did you eat them all so fast????"

well, today is back on plan and the start to a new week.
hold tight gang.

zinkemomx2
03-03-2009, 01:35 PM
I had veggie pizza FAIL last night. I was cutting up veggies and cut up WAY to many. Then like a moron decided to put them all on anyways. Needless to say my crust didn't cook properly. I ended up scraping them off and cooking the veggies on the stove while letting the crust finish baking.

But the veggie WIN was that I put pineapple, tomato, carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, onions, mixed peppers, and green beans on it. The pineapple was tidbits and I liked it a LOT more than the crushed we used last time. I've always been a hater of mushrooms. My experiences with them growing up were those nasty slimy things from a can. I bought fresh mushrooms and diced them in 1/4 inch pieces and I can admit they were okay.

Now the big question is what to do with the rest of the package of mushrooms? Can you freeze fresh mushrooms? I can't imagine putting them willingly into anything else I make.

pintobean
03-04-2009, 07:53 AM

It is very cold here today. I am so looking forward to spring.

Doing good here with food and workout. Hubby is helping me with the work out part. Not what you think :p . He wakes me up early so I can get part of my workout done before I leave for work and the 2nd half I do when I get home. Mornings I'm focusing on just treadmill and evenings I'm alternating between strength training, abs and steps on different days. It may sound a lot but it is not considering I don't do 5 or 6 miles on the tready. I'll get there eventually but it's going to be a while. So far it seems to be helping. I am burning more calories which is what I am going for. It's only been 3 days and I want to give it at least couple weeks to see if all of this makes a difference. The good thing is that I am sleeping better I think and waking up less in the middle of the night. And I am going to bed at around 10 pm which is new for me. So keep your fingers crossed for me please.

Billie, I've never frozen raw shrooms. I have frozen cooked though. If you're up for it you can cook the rest. Sometimes, I just saute them till cooked with ginger/garlic, some cayenne or sometimes just garlic/onion and towards the end I pour some wine to deglaze. It comes out great. Or make another pizza and freeze it.

Lucy, I went to work yesterday for the same reason I didn't want to use my vacay days. Hope you're off chocolates for a bit :) . Hang in there!

kittycat40
03-04-2009, 06:11 PM
Billie- do not freeze the mushrooms!! I hope I'm not too late. There are a bunch of things you can do. Tell me if they are still alive...

Anj- yeah, finished the last bit Mon night. Will not be replenising supplies. I had this realization- tell me chicks if it happens to you. When I eat super carby in the evening I wake up with the most distgusting cotton mouth yuck feeling. I takes an extra few minutes of toot brushing to rid myself of it.
This am I was aware of a totally cleaner feeling. I'll keep that in mind.

zinkemomx2
03-04-2009, 10:08 PM
The mushrooms are currently hiding in my fridge in a brown paper bag. The cashier told me that is how I should be storing them. I plan on making sketti tomorrow and tossing a few diced ones in there. What else do you suggest for a former hater?

kittycat40
03-05-2009, 07:38 AM
If you slice them into long thinnish pieces they are the meaty sub in veggie chili. I have an awesome recipe for that. Also you can just put them in a jar with a vinagarette(sp?) and let them sit for a few days. You can (didn, realize you used to hate- is camoflage still required?) saute them with onions and put them on anything. Let me think. I love mushrooms.

Anj- how's that double workout thing going? Pretty impressive girl. You gotya love when dh makes somethings easier ;)

Have a good one gals!

Lucy

zinkemomx2
03-05-2009, 12:55 PM
For now the 'shrooms must be hidden.

I just binged on popcorn. Not sure why. I will journal in a bit to figure it out.

zinkemomx2
03-06-2009, 07:34 AM
Yesterday was a bust and the scale is proving it. BAH!

pintobean
03-06-2009, 08:07 AM
Morning ladies :)

It is Friday :woohoo: . Weather is improving but not my crabbiness.

I am feeling low for some reason :?: and it's been like everything seems negative. You know those days you have where you hate everything about your life? I'm having those kind of moments for past couple weeks I guess could be days. I'm sure it's majorly cuz of my job and that is cascading to the rest of my life. Ugh!

I've been working out every day this past week (morning and evening). So, I am feeling better in that respect. I have been consistent for 5 days and burning more calories. Hubby's been a great help in that department and he is keeping his word that he's going to push me to my limits. Result is that, all the muscles in my body are crying. No pain no gain eh? ;) I'm having difficulty walking up and down the stairs. Did I mention that my bedroom is on the 4th floor of our house? Yeah, not fun! :( And I slipped couple steps yesterday while going down the stairs and banged my head really hard on the wall that I had tears in my eyes. Stoopid socks & muscle ache :mad:. Hubby was worried that I got a concussion. He kept asking me if I was ok? If I saw stars or was feeling dizzy? But I am ok I guess. Besides that I'm doing fine :) .

Tomorrow, I have to go to a baby shower :( . My cousin's wife is due mid April. And I am sure I'll get to hear from family - so, when are you guys going to have one? It's about time blah blah blah crap. Ugh! I hate it.

Stay OP ladies and hope you have a wonderful day ahead of you.

Billie, did you journal? Sorry about the scale.

Fat Chick B Gone
03-06-2009, 09:11 AM
Ack Anj! Sorry about the nogging and the blahs. Sending you cheery vibes :)

Do dah do dah. Warmer weather and sunshine make Heather a happier girl. Managed not to binge even after finding out about the suck that is the CPA exam so woopie de doo. Still up from eating out and what not while out of town but no biggie.

Today:
breakfast - hemp waffles and maple syrup
snack - nanner
lunch - Cherry tomato, carrot and tofu ragout over wild rice
snack - veggies/fruit/whatever they have out at work
dinner - taco salad!

kittycat40
03-06-2009, 10:06 AM
hey gals.
p.m.s. and not gonna see anything for 7 more days.
migraine.

plan- check back later

bummer on 1. scale 2. work and sadness and 3. the cpa suck.

going to run. dammit.

GirlyGirlSebas
03-06-2009, 12:01 PM
Hiya Friends,

Ouch, Anjuli!

So, despite feeling like crude for the last month, I'm not sick afterall. My allergies are flaring up! I have meds and will start medicating today. Hopefully, I'll be feeling better soon.

Last night, I did some research on the body fat percentage accuracy for my Tanita scales. I was happy to find out that the scales are rated highly for accuracy. Their rating is -/+ 5 percent accuracy which is equivalent to the high priced tests at research centers and hospitals. And, studies show that the numbers stay pretty consistent for weekly measurements provided you follow some simple guidelines....measuring later in the day, after voiding, before eating and not right after exercising or showering. So, I've decided to focus more on the body fat % and trying to make that number go down. I've been at the same number for almost 2 years.....50%.:eek: Every once in a while, I'll see a 49 or a 51, but not often. My goal is to see 30%. So, bring on the fat burning suggestions.....HIIT, weight lifting, MUFA's, 8 hours sleep....am I missing anything?

Fat Chick B Gone
03-06-2009, 02:16 PM
Don't eat girl scout cookies?

suitejudyblueeyes
03-06-2009, 03:48 PM
I haven't even used my body fat % function on my scale (I have a Tanita too). Now I'm curious about it. I thought it was pointless as I thought I always heard people talk about how inaccurate they were.

My scale's up a bit as of this morning - but coming off a 3lb loss last week I am not that surprised. It's hard for me to have another down week after something like that. So we'll see. Eating has been off and on anyway - mostly on but had to go out for pizza yesterday for a coworker's birthday and while I made a good choice and had only one piece all that freakin' cheese and grease can't do good things for me. Oh well, c'est la vie you know?

Fat Chick B Gone
03-07-2009, 11:18 AM
Total fail at 5k this morning but motivation to get back into the exercise groove. My time was by far the worst I've done in a race and I had to walk for parts of it which of course pissed me off.
I'm in the office now, going to work until 3, run some errands then sit outside and enjoy the gorgeous weather.

Breakfast - faux bologna sammich and coffee
snack - smoothie
lunch - tomato, tofu, carrot ragout over wild rice
dinner - Mac Daddy with peas, broccoli and sundried tomatoes

I have an urge to go out drinking tonight but trying to fight it. I would like to go to outdoors yoga tomorrow morning and I know that won't happen if I drink. Of course I may not be able to walk tomorrow either due to soreness!

suitejudyblueeyes
03-07-2009, 04:57 PM
H - sorry your 5k was suck. I'm still impressed you went and there's always the next one!

I fully intended to run this morning. My heart was in the right place but I feel like poo today for some unknown reason. If I don't make it this evening, I am definitely on for tomorrow. I think today might be a good day for yoga once the direct sunlight leaves my apt and it cools down a little.

I can't believe I've officially hit 35lbs lost - it's kind of frightening that I'm on my way to 40lbs, and that I'm just 1lb away from halfway done (tentative goal being a total of 72lbs). I don't know why success is scary, but dangit, it is.

Fat Chick B Gone
03-08-2009, 08:24 AM
Losing weight is scary but more then that it's exciting!! Good job Jamie.

Ugh my throat is so sore and I feel congested. I'm not sure if it's from playing in decades old files last week at the client, getting a cold or something else. Still going to try to do yoga or something today.

onthetee
03-08-2009, 08:29 PM
Yeah, i have not been around. No particular reason except cutting computer time down.

I am working on dairy reduction. (Thanks for the tip on the coconut milk yogurt, H!) There are some things that I will not give up, like my broccoli cheese soup. But I can go back to no-mozz pizza; I can get local sheep's milk feta to sprinkle on from sheep who are loved and happy. I need a little cheese of some kind on there for now.

Also, I was just about ready to start morning running again, and DST has killed that. Gah.

GirlyGirlSebas
03-09-2009, 09:14 AM
Jamie - Congratulations on losing 35 lbs! That is awesome.
Heather - Hope the sinus thing is better today.

I still feel like crud, but I'm back on-plan. I can't keep putting this off. My clothes are tighter and I can see the weight gain in the mirror. Today, I'm tracking my calories again and I'll be on the treadmill for at least 30 minutes.

Have a great on-plan day.

zinkemomx2
03-09-2009, 05:37 PM
I tried the mushrooms again.

Tonight for dinner I made a Boca burger with some sauteed onions and a few small mushrooms. I did add a slice of cheese which I haven't been doing lately. I figured I would want something to help cover the taste. I will admit it tasted pretty darn good. I did have to try really hard to not focus on the fact I was eating fungus. It is going to be a big mental thing because I have avoided them for 30+ years.

Overall I will say they were a WIN.

kittycat40
03-13-2009, 08:31 PM
I tried the mushrooms again.

Tonight for dinner I made a Boca burger with some sauteed onions and a few small mushrooms. I did add a slice of cheese which I haven't been doing lately. I figured I would want something to help cover the taste. I will admit it tasted pretty darn good. I did have to try really hard to not focus on the fact I was eating fungus. It is going to be a big mental thing because I have avoided them for 30+ years.

Overall I will say they were a WIN.

You are a wild and crazy woman :)
I've been off in pms/tom drama land. Back now.

:bravo: Billie for getting over your :fr: of shrooms. :):):)

zinkemomx2
03-17-2009, 10:14 AM
Where is everyone??? I know my computer is still being repaired so I won't be back regularly until after the weekend. I do have news to report though. Our road dried up enough to get outside and wog. I made the kids do a mile with me yesterday. We did have to walk for about 1/4 of it because of some leftover ice but I was wogged everything I could slow as a snail.

onthetee
03-17-2009, 09:24 PM
I have hired a trainer and start on Saturday. Four week commitment. Hopefully she will get me started on the path to weight training, since that is where I need the most help. Being the cardio queen is not working.

GirlyGirlSebas
03-18-2009, 09:55 PM
Hi. I've turned into the consumate lurker as I get fatter and fatter.

Billie, I'm so proud of you, you wogger you!
Anna - sounds like a great decision.

onthetee
03-19-2009, 09:45 AM
i was not here as much when i could not exercise, but now that I have recommitted, I am back. My eating never got off track, but every time I got on the treadmill, the demon spawn emerged from the bodies of my children. And the plan to get up early? Time change totally ruined that for me.

So now I have a trainer to whom I will be accountable, and that probably will mean that I have to get up early to do what I have to do.

onthetee
03-20-2009, 08:55 AM
Knowing that I was going to turn in my food logs to the trainer tomorrow, I lost 2.6 pounds this week!:carrot:

Manick
03-20-2009, 10:25 AM
I'm back too...just with the mindful intention to DO something. More later from me, I just have to get back into the groove! I was doing SO well up until the dead of winter...story of my life...and story of every single frickin winter since 2003 or so. OK. Today is the first day of Spring. Winter is over. Ready, set, GO!

pintobean
03-20-2009, 11:57 AM
I am back too. I am dealing with things right now but doing ok so far. Winter blues are the suck!

Anna, Congrats on the loss.

Billie, great job on wogging!! How's your foot?

onthetee
03-20-2009, 01:16 PM
I'm back too...just with the mindful intention to DO something. More later from me, I just have to get back into the groove! I was doing SO well up until the dead of winter...story of my life...and story of every single frickin winter since 2003 or so. OK. Today is the first day of Spring. Winter is over. Ready, set, GO!

I am seriously considering St. John's Wort for next winter.

Mrs Snark
03-20-2009, 02:23 PM
Anna, I am interested to hear how it goes with your trainer, I've always wondered what that would be like! Congrats on the loss! Please share the details of your experience with us!

Now that I've spent two weeks eating bruschetta and drinking wine practically nonstop I really need to get back into a healthy eating groove. I've had no problems maintaining exercise, but I've been downing a couple of bottles of wine and about 6 pounds of bread and 3 pounds of dark chocolate every single day. Sadly, exercise simply will not cover that kind of consumption.

onthetee
03-20-2009, 03:28 PM

Actually, never mind. I just plan to live with Jo from the weekend after T-giving until April.

Manick
03-20-2009, 04:03 PM
I did start back on St. John's Wort and Vitamin D in Jan 2008 when I went off of BC's for good, BC's don't work well with St. John's Wort (also when I found 3FC). I've been taking it since then with a bump up during PMS time & then back down. It has made a remarkable and noticeable difference for me! Winter of 2007 I was literally having a hard time getting out of bed. So, in that regard the last 2 winters have been a big improvement over that year. I see an overall upward trend in my mood and daily activity level over the last 2 years.

Now I just have to get well enough to start back into some consistent walking and running and I am sure I will feel even better. My cousin is getting married Aug 1, and my birthday rolls again around right after that...I am using that as a "reward" trip hanging out there on the horizon for all the hard work I plan to do these next 4 months! I even have the dress I WILL wear hanging up in my closet. It WILL fit on Aug 1. :D

onthetee
03-21-2009, 04:44 PM
The trainer was very nice. She is pregnant right now. I may see if we can barter some doula/training services.

She did a health history and we went over my goals. We talked briefly about nutrition, and we both felt that I had a handle on that, but she offered to look at my stuff and help me tweak as needed. We went over her "rules" (bring water, eat before you come, no make-ups for no-shows).

Then we did my assessment. Weight, BMI, body fat. She said my numbers were probably very off for body fat because they were pretty high. She said that number if often high if you are dehydrated, and we know how I am about drinking water....

She analyzed my gait and said I have upper cross syndrome, mildly: http://www.lifewest.edu/courses/syllabi/uppercrossedsyndrome.pdf
When I walk, my palms face completely behind me. So I need to work on my posture. I knew this was a problem with golfing, but I did not know its name or what happens.

She had me run for 5 minutes, then we tested endurance by having me do the seated-squat against the wall. Major fail. I did 32 push ups (modified). We did a flexibility test, which she said was great for a woman my age.

She is going to work up a routine for me, and we will go over it next week.

Mrs Snark
03-21-2009, 05:11 PM
It will be interesting to see what kind of routine she works up for you. Did she ask your exercise preferences?

onthetee
03-21-2009, 05:30 PM
We talked about that some. I told her now that by the end of the month, the sun would be up in time, and it would be warm enough to run again. She said she would leave the cardio to me as long as I could commit to at least 4x a week. She will give me strength training routine. She did ask if I wanted to build muscle, tone up or had something else I was trying to work on.

zinkemomx2
03-22-2009, 08:39 PM
I'm back from my mini vacation. I definitely need stretchy pants. :( DH and I never go out to eat and we ate out 4 times in 2.5 days. I was able to stay away from meat but I did eat way to much cheese and hardly any veggies. The next two or three days I will be doing my best to do vegan and get my water back up where it belongs.

Mrs Snark
03-23-2009, 07:46 AM
Well, I've decided to start counting on-plan days and have committed to at least 30 100% on plan days before I have anything that remotely resembles bruschetta and wine again.

Hopefully by DAY 30 I'll have that delicious feeling of self-control that I do NOT have right now and will be able to celebrate my 30 days of success with a VERY moderate serving of both bruschetta and wine, which have become my most very favoritest things on planet earth (other than my husband, my dogs, running, and you guys).

Maybe, if I may even dream out loud a little bit here, when I reach DAY 30 I will have broken the spell of bread and wine and will decide to eat a nice big honey crisp apple instead. My body cries as I type that, but I can dream, right?

Today is Day 1 and today's plan is:

Exercise: Was supposed to run, but it is storming outside. 1 hour on the Exercycle.

Food:
Bagel, 1 tbs Smart Balance
Carrot sticks
Pad Thai with Tofu
Apple
Lentil Soup

GirlyGirlSebas
03-23-2009, 09:24 AM
Billie - Did you have fun at least?
Jo - I hope you start feeling the control soon.

I braved the scales this morning and just about had a heart attack! I guess I thought I was the only one on the planet who is immune to the high calories in fast food, restaurant food, ice cream, etc etc etc. I had to stumble into the bathroom twice last night for a dose of antacids for the heartburn and my stomach is rolling this morning. My ankles are swollen, my skin is dry and itchy, and I'm irritable and moody. So, why am I doing this to myself? The food really doesn't even taste good anymore. I'm eating all of this crapola out of habit. I feel like a freakin' coke addict. I've decided to go back on Southbeach. After work today, I need to pick up some grocery items and purge the kitchen. Get your ear plugs ready. You will probably be able to hear the kids screaming when they realize I threw out the Reese's Bryer's Ice Cream and won't be buying anymore.

Have a great on-plan day.

zinkemomx2
03-23-2009, 09:40 AM
I was pleasantly surprised to see the scale was only up 1.7 pounds after my weekend of gorging and drinking. I am sure some of that will melt away once I get my water consumption back where it belongs.

I was gonna do the vegan thing for a few days. I messed that up right off the bat this morning when I made my cocoa. I drank half and poured the rest out. I might just have to give it up since I can't seem to make a suitable replacement.

I'll be back later..............

kittycat40
03-23-2009, 09:46 AM
Hey, some action!!

Hi chicks :)

Manick
03-23-2009, 01:48 PM
Jo, you are becoming a living, breathing example of maintenance:bravo: I have confidence in your 30 day plan.

Rh, you will feel better with cleaner food, hope it helps!

Ok gang, I WALKED today...lungs burning, still coughing, freaking asthma :p...but, it was good. It will get better. Happy Monday.

Food plan today:
Oatmeal/banana
Lentil soup/spinach salad
apple/cinnamon

dinner? the big ? :eek:

onthetee
03-23-2009, 08:12 PM
I have been *nearly* on plan all day. I did finish M's egg salad, which was a little overboard. Thank god, it was loaded with celery and pickles.

I am getting up early tomorrow to run. Gah. I thought I might go tonight, but Chris did not get home until this very moment and M is being a terrorist. Better in the AM after rest.

Guac killed me today.

GirlyGirlSebas
03-24-2009, 07:47 AM
Hiya, Kittycat!
Manick - sorry to hear that the walk was rough, but glad you enjoyed it.
Anna - did you run?

I am drowning in work today. I must make sure not to stress eat. Paul was looking for something to wear to an appointment this morning. He was very discouraged to discover that his shirts are getting too tight. I'm kinda glad this happened today as it has lit a fire under his butt to do this with me again.

Mrs Snark
03-24-2009, 08:01 AM
Day 2. Other than some plain popcorn I ate in the middle of the night because I was wide awake and snacky, I was OP yesterday.

Today's plan:

Exercise: I ran 6.13 miles first thing this morning.

Food:
Bagel, 1 tbs SB
Carrots
Amy's veggie pocket sandwich and soup
Orange
Black bean burrito

Edited to add funny Italy picture. When we were hiking in the Cinque Terre, we came across this helpful board in one of the towns that explained that you should NOT wear heels to hike the cliffs between the towns, you should wear hiking boots (see the picture of heels in the "do not" red circle). It was too funny, because based on what we saw of Italians, they WOULD wear heels to go hiking unless specifically instructed not to do so.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/looky-here/heels.jpg

pintobean
03-24-2009, 08:21 AM

Not much going on here. Life's just blah at the moment. Oh except I ate too much cake and drank too much booze over the weekend. I've been waking up early (between 4:45 - 5 AM) in the morning to do my treadmill and then go to work. Am I nuts? :dizzy: Probably ;) . I think I've mentioned before I'm not a morning person but I'm doing it cuz some things you just got to do and also my cardio will be out of the way. Then I can focus on strength or other stuff in the evening. Once I begin my workout I'm ok it's just the getting started part is harder for me. Jo, I admire you for working out early religiously every morning :) . Eating is going OP I guess. I made some calorie adjustments to my diet. We'll see how it goes along with consistent workout. I'm stalled around the same weight range for a while now and it is getting annoying. So let's see if the changes make a difference.

Manick, woohoo! for walking. I hope you get better soon :hug:

Lucy, you're back :)

Rhonda, how's the GWF working for Paul? Is he recording his meals? Girl, you need to do it for you. Exercise is a great way to release stress. Maybe you can find time to do 20 mins of treadmill today. You can and you will!!

Jo, yay! for the 30 day plan. Definitely keep us posted on the progress. I have full faith in you that you can do it.

Anna, did you get time to run?

kittycat40
03-24-2009, 08:32 PM
Hey gals,
I am trying to post a photo of me taken this past Sat. night. How do you shrink a file to fit as an attachment?
After multiple extremely op days I was an eating machine today. I think it was a variety of factors, nothing super drastic.
As of now I will avoid the box of trader joe's dark chocolate ginger bits and get back to plan tomorrow. I'm thinking super clean for the next few days. --had beer tonight for the first time in ages. But it was red stripe, yum.

Hubbie walked in... must greet with love and kisses :)

GirlyGirlSebas
03-25-2009, 07:53 AM
Hiya. I now have a fridge full of on-plan foods and I have TDP open and ready to track every sip or nip that passes these lips. All of this comes not a moment to soon. The morning report from my scales was dismal. I've gone up another 2 pounds since Monday and my body fat % is now at 52%. I've been hovering at 50% on that thing for almost 2 years.

kittycat40
03-25-2009, 09:34 AM
Hiya. I now have a fridge full of on-plan foods and I have TDP open and ready to track every sip or nip that passes these lips. All of this comes not a moment to soon. The morning report from my scales was dismal. I've gone up another 2 pounds since Monday and my body fat % is now at 52%. I've been hovering at 50% on that thing for almost 2 years.

There's no better way to get back on that wagon :):):)
you. go. girl. :hug:

Fat Chick B Gone
03-25-2009, 03:25 PM
Hey girls. I'm still feeling a bit overwhelmed with the world and of course about 3 weeks behind on everything. I'm not going gonzo with food or binging but I honestly do not have the energy to count calories and log exercise right now. I'm hoping after this weekend I'll have some more energy and feel like getting back into my normal routine. I am walking the doggies tonight! I totally missed a 5k on Saturday due to sheer exhaustion and my brain only being at about 65% of normal still. I couldn't imagine dealing with a longer-term touch and go situation, it's brutal and I'm glad it seems to be over.

Mrs Snark
03-27-2009, 10:33 AM
Today is Day 5.

I feel like crap. I have a cold that I can't kick and I'm definitely in "eat whatever you want it's vacation!" withdrawals. I want to stab everyone and then stab myself.

I don't know what my plan is today (other than whining alot, obviously). So far I've had a bunch of coffee and some toast with too much SB and jelly on it.

onthetee
03-28-2009, 08:57 AM
I meet with the trainer in a little while. Woo hoo.

I have been mostly on plan all week. Things were a little off on Thursday, but not too badly. I have not gotten on the scale this week. I am not getting back on until after my 4 weeks with Angie is up. I want to see a big bang, not a bunch of little bangs.

DH and I are having a rough time right now. That should help my motivation to get out and exercise.

onthetee
03-29-2009, 03:10 PM
Oh dear heavens. that was hard. I can barely hold my arms up to type...

in other news, my cals are too low for the activity that I am going and I have probably shut down my metabolism over the winter. Great for hibernating bears, not great for women who want to lose weight.

She is raising my cals to 1500 a day, which I am not really able to wrap my head around. that may be a stumbling block...

Fat Chick B Gone
03-29-2009, 08:10 PM
Anna you can do it. Jo, hope the cold is gone by now.
I'm spring cleaning. The house is a disaster. It was somewhat before Gabby was in the hospital and now just a wreck. I tackled the kitchen and living room today.
Once that's all done then I'll be back to logging food and exercising. An excuse to delay getting back on plan? Perhaps, but until the house is in order again I know I won't stick to anything.

onthetee
03-29-2009, 08:29 PM
I start in the AM too. DH is going to do what is needed to make sure I get the sleep I need to get up and workout. Cardio tomorrow. Pain Tuesday. Alternate....

Health Mag had a good one-week menu if anyone is interested. I am trying to find it online.

Crap, can't find it.

onthetee
03-29-2009, 08:55 PM
Sharing info from trainer (It might be boring).

I have 8 "fully loaded" exercises that I do. By full-loaded, she means that even if it is an arm exercise, I am in a squat, lunging or in a hinge on a stability ball. Every exercise works on all groups, even if one is the focus.

Cardio is what you would expect. Do it. Do it hard, but not until you are anaerobic.

1500 cals/day

Essential fats, only 10% of intake

60 oz H2O

eat every 3-4 hours

A lot of the things we already know, but now I have it in black and white from an expert, so I feel more serious about it.

I am anxious to see where I will be in four weeks.

Manick
03-30-2009, 02:54 AM
Oh just got Health magazine from work, I will check it out! Thanks. I am interested trainer advice, I will also be interested in your perception of how things are going after a week or two.

Mrs Snark
03-30-2009, 07:34 AM
Day 8.

This crap cold is still hanging on. It's miserable.

Today's Plan:

4 mile run, done, but really wretched.
Orange and 1 slice of toast
Veggi pad thai
carrots
Veggie burger and soup

onthetee
03-30-2009, 11:33 AM
I am so sore today. OMG. I DID get up early, but did not run. I will do that tonight.

Manick
03-30-2009, 02:08 PM
Insomnia is killing my will to exercise in the morning...I don't know how you do it, Jo.

I think sore is the desired outcome when working with a trainer...you know you did something effective.

kittycat40
03-30-2009, 02:13 PM
Day 8.

This crap cold is still hanging on. It's miserable.

Jo, are you counting days op or days with crap cold?? I hope you feel better soooo soon :hug:

Mrs Snark
03-30-2009, 03:56 PM
LOL, Days OP.

Amazingly, this is Day 16 of this cold!!!! KILL ME NOW!

onthetee
03-30-2009, 05:14 PM
Insomnia is killing my will to exercise in the morning...I don't know how you do it, Jo.

I think sore is the desired outcome when working with a trainer...you know you did something effective.

I cannot get to or from the seated position. I just sort of plop. AND I have to run tonight. gah

onthetee
03-30-2009, 06:37 PM
ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow

onthetee
03-30-2009, 07:22 PM
ow

GirlyGirlSebas
03-30-2009, 10:38 PM
Can someone come over and kick my a$$ into gear?

I'm dragging out the journal again. Writing thoughts down sounds so easy, huh? Not. All of this thinking about why I want to overeat and why I shouldn't, etc, etc, is really hard work. Why can't I be addicted to something fun....like bike riding, surfing, belly dancing? :D

zinkemomx2
03-30-2009, 11:00 PM
1500 cals/day
I've been thinking for MONTHS that you probably weren't eating enough. I am sure others will agree.

60 oz H2O
I would shrivel up and die on only 60 oz of H2O. Seriously. If I don't drink at least 80 I feel like crap.

I am anxious to see where I will be in four weeks. I'm excited to see how you do.

Amazingly, this is Day 16 of this cold!!!! KILL ME NOW! I would be ready to shoot myself.

I'm dragging out the journal again. Writing thoughts down sounds so easy, huh? Not. All of this thinking about why I want to overeat and why I shouldn't, etc, etc, is really hard work. Why can't I be addicted to something fun....like bike riding, surfing, belly dancing? :D
You aren't the only one struggling Rhonda. I was doing great so far this year. I like to blame things on the computer dying and not being able to track accurately. That isn't acceptable. There has been no reason for my eating to have went down the tubes the way that it has these last two weeks.

I binged today on a bag of caramel, butter, cheddar popcorn. :nono: Today was boredom. I forgot my crochet stuff and it is way to easy to eat while reading in the van.

The only good part about today was I got a small container of some greek pasta salad from the deli. Penne pasta, olive oil, vinegar, onion, black olives and feta cheese. It was delicious and despite my deep sated hatred for black olives I did not pick out a single one. Imagine that. I ate olives and have not died. :D Like mushrooms they probably won't ever become a favorite but I have realized I don't have to be afraid of them.

Tomorrow we are having pizza for dinner. I was going to do homemade but have decided to make the Kashi veggie one I bought. It has artichoke hearts on it so there is another new food I am trying for the first time. :crossed: I don't keel over dead for all these new foods.

Manick
03-31-2009, 06:29 AM
Well F and S! (Rhymes with muck:mad: and truck:mad:) I lightly sprained my right ankle yesterday walking downtown!!! Stupid petition-gathering people were chasing me and annoying me and would NOT take "NO" for an answer when I was dashing up the sidewalk, late for a meeting. I quit paying attention for just one second and bam! Ankle twisted hard.

I popped arnica pellets IMMEDIATELY and got ice on it so I can actually still walk and I'm in so-so shape, but the sprain has popped out along the the top and side of my right foot and is black and blueish now. Darn, darn, darn! This is my lifelong curse! I cannot tell you how many times I have sprained this ankle. Gah! (And left ankle is even worse historically, but I've also broken that one (on top of many sprains) and had surgery to remove the resultant bone chips, etc:p). I am not sure what this current mishap means for me, I'll have to wait a few days to see how bad it really is and how long it might take for this to heal.

For Anna:

Ow!

So, I found this alternate routine you might want to consider sharing with your trainer:

Potato Sack exercise for improved strength and fitness

I have just come across this exercise, suggested to build muscle strength in the arms and shoulders. It seemed so easy, and I just know you have a pantry full of potatoes, so I thought I'd pass it on. The article suggested doing it three days a week.

Begin by standing on a comfortable surface where you have plenty of room at each side. With a 5lb potato sack in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute, then relax.

Each day, you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer. After a couple of weeks, move up to 10lb potato sacks.

Then 50lb potato sacks and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100lb potato sack in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute.

(As I write this I have to admit that I'm at this level)

After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each of the sacks.

GirlyGirlSebas
03-31-2009, 07:59 AM
After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each of the sacks.

*snicker*

Okay. I have TDP open and ready. I'll be tracking everything from now on....the good, the bad and the ugly.

pintobean
03-31-2009, 08:35 AM
Getting up early this week (so far) to workout - FAIL. I am trying so hard but it is not happening. So, I'll be working out in the evening. I am doing fine food wise but struggling a bit workout wise. I am trying to be consistent but somehow I can't manage past 1-2 weeks. Also, I am not getting enough sleep I believe. I need to force myself to go to bed around 10 but I think the weekend screwed me up. Need some sleep inducing non habit forming safe drugs. Anybody got any ideas?? ;)

Jo, I hope you feel better soon. I would be ready to kill myself too by now. Oh, the other day, when I went to the grocery store I saw a Brushetta Boca burger and I thought here's a solution or compromise for you Jo :D . Unfortunately, it wasn't vegan. BTW is your hubby back?

Manick, I hope your ankle gets better soon. :hug: Are you sleeping better now?

Rhonda, you can do it! Plan and execute. One day at a time and you can achieve your goal. Like Nike says "Just Do It!"

Billie, trying new food is fun and exciting sometimes :) . I've had artichoke hearts only at restaurants. It's good. Hope you're back on track.

Anna, you will feel the pain but it will get better as your body adjusts. I have to agree with Billie, I also thought you were not eating enough. Do share trainer tips or any information with us. I'm sure we're all interested.

onthetee
03-31-2009, 09:14 AM
Ugh. I did not get up to go to the gym this morning. Meara twitched from 3 AM until she woke. I put a pillow between us so that I could still feel a seizure if she had one, but not every little twitch. What did she do? go perpendicular so that her twitchy little feet were still on me.

Every twitch she makes is like an adrenaline load for me. It seemed to have a cumulative effect. By 6 AM, I was exhausted, but jittery. Like a caffeine hangover.

So, now they have to go to the kid room at the gym. I hate it. They don't love it, but it is only 1/2 an hour.

Also, I got pistachios yesterday. I love love love them. And this morning I read that they are at risk for salmonella. bummer.

onthetee
03-31-2009, 09:19 AM

Only you.....

Well F and S! (Rhymes with muck:mad: and truck:mad:) I lightly sprained my right ankle yesterday walking downtown!!! Stupid petition-gathering people were chasing me and annoying me and would NOT take "NO" for an answer when I was dashing up the sidewalk, late for a meeting. I quit paying attention for just one second and bam! Ankle twisted hard.

That is sucktastic. I am so sorry. I am an expert ankle taper, and I would come stabilize it if I could.

Next time, just sign the freaking petition!

Fat Chick B Gone
03-31-2009, 09:41 AM
Anna I need to get a trainer but my budget doesn't allow for it right now. Maybe over the summer. I'm jealous but not of your pain. Hope you get a nap today.

Manick - I hate pushy people and would have taken one down with me in spite.

I'm starting to track calories again finally after about a month off. I was being super anal - weighing every single thing that crossed my lips but I'm going to be a bit looser with it this time. The thought of weighing and tracking every single thing seems about as likely as me running a marathon this weekend so going with the guestimate method for now and will have a slightly lower calorie goal to make up for human error in estimates.

Workouts start tomorrow (I have errands and cleaning to finish tonight). Meal planning will resume.... when I'm ready to think that far ahead.

onthetee
03-31-2009, 10:55 AM
Anna I need to get a trainer but my budget doesn't allow for it right now.

This is a special offer. I plan to save to do it twice a year.

being super anal
*snicker* I am in junior high

ow