Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 09:04 AM   #16  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

That is fantastic Jen, just think of all the healthy behavior habits you are creating right now! Finding a replacement for stress eating is so important!

YAY YOU!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2009, 09:32 AM   #17  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Smile

Morning Chicas

Yes I am still at training. It will end soon. My mind is overloaded with information

Jo, I would definitely like to take part in the challenge.

Lucy, A very Happy Birthday girl. I hope you have a wonderful Birthday.

Jen, really wonderful. It feels great doesn't it? Every small hill you climb you feel so powerful. Keep at it girl!!.

Heather, 20-30 mins is great. At least you are doing something.

Food Plan:
B - Breakfast burrito made w/ egg beaters, veggies & turkey sausage
L - Butternut squash soup w/ garlic toast
S - Small salad
Old 02-04-2009, 09:52 AM   #18  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
Oooo happy early birthday!
Iread this as I hauled my a$$ downstairs to the treadmill while carrying my hand weights. woohoo!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinkemomx2 View Post
I think Kim is the only one who has rights to that emoticon. I don't want anything to do with it.
ME neither!!
Happy Birthday! I ate a piece of cake for you.
I heard it was tasty!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Chick B Gone View Post
Happy Birthday Lucy!!!

thank you thank you thanks!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
Happy on-time birthday Lucy!!!!

and again!! more thanks for the wonderful wishes
Alrighty Snarky Senoritas,

Does anybody want to do a 1 Week Perfectly on Plan Challenge starting today or tomorrow? I could use the inspiration to stop drinking bottles of wine for dinner.

Anybody in?
[QUOTE=GirlyGirlSebas;2594055]Happy Birthday, Lucy!

loving the love
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefulpinkangel View Post
Lucy- Happy Birthday!!!

MUCHAS GRACIAS
Also, I had another amazing moment the other day. During my battle with the CPA guy, afterward when I was trying to calm down the first thought that popped into my mind was . . .

I wish I was home so I could get on the elliptical and work out this anger.

W-H-A-T???? Yep you heard me I thought about exercising to release the stress of the anger. It wasn't until I was home talking to my mom and telling her the story that she asked me if the stress had made me have a bad food day, I HAD NOT EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT EATING THE STRESS AWAY! I know I still have a long way to go in my weight loss journey, but for me to not turn to food without even thinking about it was a HUGE deal. Maybe I just might make it this time.
awesome very cool
Anjuli, thanks for the very happy bday wishes... I couldn't figure how to multiquote from a sep. page....

Jo, I'm in!!
Old 02-05-2009, 06:57 AM   #19  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Grumble grumble morning.

Okay now I can be social.

I hope everyone is well. I don't see where we're starting the challenge to be POP for a week but I'm starting today. I've been struggling with what happens every "busy season" at work. I work too long, I get tired, I don't have time to cook so I resort to quick and less healthy options, I use being tired as an excuse not to exercise, etc into a downward spiral where I'm having entitlement pasta at 10pm. I worked pretty damn hard last year and I do not want to gain the weight back yet I'm falling into bad habits. So anyway yeah I need to remain accountable. I'm also slacking on water which is stupid, I've never had a problem getting my water in. I'm setting reminders in outlook today to make sure I get it in.

The plan for today is to take puppies on a long walk after work. Tomorrow I will get up early and either run or make it to the gym to workout. I'm just not making it outside to run when it's so cold. I'm okay with that but I've got to do the gym instead.

Food today:
breakfast - green smoothie
snack - apple
lunch - leftover pasta (the part I didn't feel entitled to last night)
dinner - some sort of rice, bean, veggie mix
Old 02-05-2009, 07:00 AM   #20  

Oh POP for me is
-staying under 2,000 calories if I exercise and under 1,800 if not
-drinking at least 10cups of water
-working out for at least 200 minutes a week (this used to be higher but during busy season I'll give a little more wiggle room). Working out includes fast paced dog walks, runs, yoga, gym machines, whatever as long as heart rate is up
Old 02-05-2009, 07:32 AM   #21  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Heather - So glad you're getting accountable again. I've decided to do the same.

Today, I see light at the end of the tunnel (knock on wood). Today, I will stop working at 4:30 and get on the treadmill for 1 hour. I will track my food on TDP and not go over 1800 for the day. I can't eat whatever I want, provided it falls within my limit.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:40 AM   #22  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

I think I need to get on board with this. I had entitlement cake for breakfast. What the **** was up with that????

POP for me will be 96 ounces of water and under 1800 calories. Today will be tough thanks to that cake.

ETA that I've been changing my ticker daily for the last month. I am up 1.3 pounds and I refuse to change it until next Monday on weigh in day or it is moving downward.

Last edited by zinkemomx2; 02-05-2009 at 07:42 AM.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:58 AM   #23  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

I'm in today too.

POP for me means:

1. staying within my points total for the day
2. drinking at least 72 oz of water
3. exercising at least 15-30 min

I'm tired as heck today because my son keeps coming into bed with us sporadically during the night and I don't sleep well when he's in bed with us.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:59 AM   #24  
NROL4W-Stage 5

Smile

Morning Ladies

1 more day and I'll be back to my hole of a cube. Did I mention I like this training center? They have a kitchenette with microwave and provide free - coffee, teas, healthy snack bars, diet/regular coke, juices etc and they have a water cooler too. Today I also noticed in one corner they have Weight Watcher points listed for everything they have. I thought it was really nice that they have done that. I bring my own food and water so I only go in there for some coffee or tea depending on my mood. Anyhoo, I thought it's a nice thing that they do that.

Pop for me:
- Do my treadmill when I get home today

Oh I printed a cute calendar (free) for the month of February last night so I can X out every day I work out. I feel visualizing it will keep me motivated.

Drink your water and stay OP ladies.

Last edited by pintobean; 02-05-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:29 PM   #25  
NROL4W-Stage 5

Heather, what's in the green smoothie?
Old 02-05-2009, 05:42 PM   #26  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

After my high calorie cake for breakfast I must admit I was really afraid I wouldn't be able to keep my calories under 1800. I have 2 clementines left to snack on and a glass of chocolate silk and I came in 28 calories under the wire. I am a few grams shy of protein but I figure that will average out with yesterdays over consumption.

I do need to drink at least another 32 ounces of water tonight but I am sure that won't be a problem.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:43 PM   #27  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

My food choices were not pop but I'm pretty sure my cals were ok. now.. to stay out of the kitchen...
Old 02-06-2009, 07:42 AM   #28  

Anj - A green smoothie just has greens added. I just started trying them this week by adding about an ounce of baby spinach to my normal frozen strawberries, banana, soy milk and flax seed smoothie. The color is rather unappetizing to be honest with the spinach and flax seeds but I really don't even taste the greens. I know some people who add up to 2 cups of greens, I'm not sure I'll get there. Basically just a way to get more greens into your day. I did find the smoothie kept me fuller longer.

I was POP yesterday! I even had room for a small glass of red wine. Today plans to be the same. I'm skipping breakfast as I have a doctor's appt. I'm not sure I was even supposed to have my coffee, but well I wouldn't make it in w/o my teeny cup I justified!
So today's plan:
breakfast - teeny *** cup of coffee
snack - apple to be devoured upon leaving the doc.
lunch - wild rice, pearled barley, chickpeas conncoction with grape tomatoes
dinner - veggie and soyboy wrap and corn on the cob

exercise - dog walk and trip to the gym.

Have a good OP day all!
Old 02-06-2009, 08:03 AM   #29  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

I was POP yesterday, but I jumped on the scale today before my WW meeting this afternoon and according to my scale I was up 2 lbs. For the first time I'm feeling discouraged.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:40 AM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Today, I see light at the end of the tunnel (knock on wood). Today, I will stop working at 4:30 and get on the treadmill for 1 hour.
Good! But remember our discussions about not burning yourself out by jumping in head first? Listen to your body.... Anything is better than nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinkemomx2 View Post
I think I need to get on board with this. I had entitlement cake for breakfast. What the **** was up with that????
What entitled you to that cake? In the words of Inigo Montoya, you keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintobean View Post
Did I mention I like this training center?
Oh I printed a cute calendar (free) for the month of February last night so I can X out every day I work out. I feel visualizing it will keep me motivated.
Glad you're enjoying (enjoyed?) the training place. Nice that they provide for you. The calendar idea is a great one, maybe I'll do that with OP days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycat40 View Post
My food choices were not pop but I'm pretty sure my cals were ok. now.. to stay out of the kitchen...
Buy a big roll of Caution tape from Amazon and cordon off your kitchen at night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Chick B Gone View Post
A green smoothie just has greens added.
I really, really want to try this but still haven't. Someone is selling a brand new Magic Bullet on craigslist for 1/3rd of the TV price, I am so tempted to get it. Would make smoothies way easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefulpinkangel View Post
I was POP yesterday, but I jumped on the scale today before my WW meeting this afternoon and according to my scale I was up 2 lbs. For the first time I'm feeling discouraged.
You know where I stand Focus on what YOU control. Your food and exercise. Those are the only things you have total control over. You do not control what the scale says from week to week. You're going to have to find a way to come to terms with scale fluctuations if you want to see long-term success. It's tough, but you gotta do it!

Ok. I'm back to it. I need to be back to it. No idea what the scale will say tomorrow at WW, I have really only been back OP since Tuesday. (On the other hand, I have been back OP since Tuesday!) This whole walking to and from work thing is awesome, it's only about 30 mins total (25 if I am walking fast, 20 if I am walking fast and do not get stopped at intersections), but it really makes me feel better. Just a little something to get the blood moving, and absolutely no way I can weasel my way out of it. When the weather is nicer I'll bike.

The weather is supposed to be GORGEOUS this weekend so I think I will strap on the running shoes and see what I can do. I do not expect miracles, but I no longer have access to a treadmill since I've moved so I'm going to have to brave the elements again (which is fine, I like it outside better).

Last edited by suitejudyblueeyes; 02-06-2009 at 09:44 AM.
Closed Thread