Old 02-03-2009, 12:19 PM   #1  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

Default MRC questions

Hey!

I have visited the MRC website and didnt get too much information other than you lose and average of 2-5 lbs per week. That sounds good, but is it true? What all does the plan entail? About how much does it cost? I would like to get some of your input on it before I call them up for a consultation. Any info you can provide will help.

Thanks!
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:25 PM   #2  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorgirl6 View Post
Hey!

I have visited the MRC website and didnt get too much information other than you lose and average of 2-5 lbs per week. That sounds good, but is it true? What all does the plan entail? About how much does it cost? I would like to get some of your input on it before I call them up for a consultation. Any info you can provide will help.

Thanks!
Yes, the 2-5 lbs/week is true assuming you stick with the program. It's a structured eating plan, low carb (or low glycemic), low fat, low calorie, lots of veggies, a fair amount of protein. If you need structure and accountability it's a great plan, and the plan includes a year of maintenance, and they give you a plan for maintenance eating for life (of course it's up to you to stick close to that plan). You get a list of "allowed" foods and a food plan for planning each meal. It is NOT inexpensive, and they make their money by selling vitamins, minerals, protein drinks, etc for a higher price than you'd pay elsewhere. But you aren't required to buy anything from them but the protein drinks. It's hard to say exactly how much it costs, depends on what you buy from them.

Last edited by Meemo; 02-03-2009 at 07:26 PM.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 216/184/137

Height: 5'1"

It's great as long as you are willing to stick with a VERY strict diet plan. I love the structure, it works well for me and there are very few 'grey' areas. That being said, it is tough to cut caffeine and alcohol out completely.
sessa555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:06 AM   #4  
Tired & disgusted...

S/C/G: 280/279/180-160

Height: 5'6"

i don't drink alcohol that much but on the occasion that i want to, I WANT TO. *sigh* it'll be worth it when i'm drop dead sexy

i'm probably doing it the cheapest way possible myself by doing only 2 drinks per day and getting my multi and flax from other sources *the multi's i've been lucky enough to get for free* they were running a special when i signed up that i don't know if they're still going to have $99 for six weeks plus the drinks. at the least you need 2 boxes per week and full price they're $12 each but they run different deals 5 for $50 and 10 for $90 to help you save money that way and that's how i've been buying them. i only bought in for 6 weeks cuz that's all i had at the time but i can re-sign for another 6 weeks at the same $99 and just continue to do that till i get to my goal or run out of money. Stabilization and maintenance is gonna be $129 for 6 weeks & 12 months which breaks down to $10 per month.

i REALLY feel that the cost is worth it because it's working. i NEED the structure myself personally. i've failed at weight watchers due to lack of instruction in portion size etc and lack of interest to read that 200 pg book of what is how many points. i had too many choices which can feel liberating but also turned into my biggest trap. the structure of being given a list, you can have these foods and this much of them is what is REALLY working for me. there are enough options on the list to not be eating chicken all the time but some of them require you to be a little adventurous *seriously, gator is on the list... wth?*

my friend who did this a couple years ago actually showed me all her paperwork and explained a LOT about it before i ever decided to join so i hope all that information helps. - best part is... IT'S WORKING FOR ME!
ford4life69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/see tracker/185

Height: 5'8"

i lost an avg of 4 lbs per week. it's expensive but it's worth it.
HighMaintenance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/see tracker/185

Height: 5'8"

Old 02-15-2009, 07:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 266/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighMaintenance View Post
Old 02-15-2009, 10:04 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/160

Height: 5'7"

I have a question...I'm starting my second week and have felt really good after the first couple days of feeling kind of sleeping/listless getting completely off caffeine.

My question is: beginning 3 days ago, I started feeling some dizziness. I have been eating strictly on plan and have taken the supplements (4 each day) plus the recommended pills (MRC6, All day weight loss, flax seed oil, total woman). Always getting my water is too. Can anyone tell me why I'm feeling light headed / dizzy? Also, i checked my blood sugar and it is fine, so that's not the problem...
CindyLooHoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:26 PM   #9  
Yes I can!

S/C/G: 208/203/156

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Hello All,

Hope you all are having a blessed day! I have a quick question...I just started the program and I am on the yellow menu for Days 1-4. It states beef only once...now does that mean once in that four days or once that week? Also, does bison count as beef? Sorry this is my first time ever dieting! Thanks to all those who respond!
Marys Gonna Do It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:53 PM   #10  
Yes I can!

S/C/G: 208/203/156

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Cindy Loo, I feel dizzy too, in spurts! Its normal...your body is adjusting at such a fast rate for the ketosis. You more than likely are knocking down your daily carb count dramatically which can do it, maybe eating less protein than you use too, etc. It passes. Stay hydrated, take your vitamins, the fiberfill drinks help when you get hungry in between. Like I notice I get more hungry in between lunch and dinner, so that is when I have one. It helps! Hopefully this helps! I am no dietician but I know this has been working for me. I'm on day 5 and first-time dieter, but with this regime I have managed to lose 7 lbs.! So, something must be working! YAY!!!
Marys Gonna Do It is offline   Reply With Quote