Weight Loss Support - Okay all you lurkers!!

View Full Version : Okay all you lurkers!!

FreeSpirit
02-03-2009, 12:56 AM
Time to come out!

I post on and off... I'm more of a lurker than a poster, and I want to make an effort to start posting more.

So, any other lurkers out there ready to start contributing more with me?

kestrel
02-03-2009, 01:03 AM
I lurk more than I post, too. And whenever I feel my motivation slipping, I come back and lurk some more. :)

RedPorcupine
02-03-2009, 03:01 AM
*remains in the shadows*

*rustles behind the garbage*

Americaninuk
02-03-2009, 03:53 AM
i post some, but i lurk way more often:)

WVUFan86
02-03-2009, 08:19 AM
I read more than I post too :)

Ruthxxx
02-03-2009, 08:35 AM
Hey! Just post, Chickies. You'll be adding to the great support on this site.

kaebea
02-03-2009, 09:06 AM
how do you lurkers do it?
i have to restrain myself from commenting on everything!

Heffalump
02-03-2009, 09:13 AM
Eeek - get out of my brain, lovelypurple! :D

Seriously. I've been back for about two weeks, mostly lurking while I'm getting back on track. But you're right, it's time to be more active again. If I learned anything in the past year (apart from the many practical and eye-opening advice I got here) it's I need to be here. At 3FC. This is my number one support and it's time to make full use of it again and try to give something back in the process. :hug:

srmb60
02-03-2009, 09:43 AM
How are we supposed to get to know you and help, if we don't even know you're there?!?

POST!

anitra416
02-03-2009, 10:09 AM
....crawling out of the shadows...:o

I've been lurking awhile, yesterday I made my first post on the featherweights board. I receive so much inspiration from the chicks here that I figured I had to try to add my voice to support others too!

krock614
02-03-2009, 10:44 AM
I do read more than I post. I have been posting more lately though. I just feel everyone has so much better advice than me. Oh well I'll get over it.

FreeSpirit
02-03-2009, 11:35 AM
Look at how much weight we've all lost! There's no reason why we shouldn't post. We obviously know how to do this, so we should be there to offer advice to those who are just learning.

Lets challenge ourselves to post at least 5 times every time we log in. The games in the General Chat don't count, either! :lol:

urockmom
02-03-2009, 11:44 AM
Ok, Melissa. I accept your challenge. 5 posts every time we log in. Let's go....

srmb60
02-03-2009, 11:55 AM
You can post little victories, great food and exercise ideas, a pat on the back for someone who is doing well, a little sympathy for someone who isn't :( , questions, tips ... The possibilities are endless. Like the threadkiller thread.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163268

corazonas
02-03-2009, 11:58 AM
hahaha i saw this thread and though "i'm the opposite! i'm brand new and you can't shut me up!" :P

saef
02-03-2009, 12:02 PM
Challenge accepted. I feel like I owe "back taxes" on this, actually, so maybe I'll try to do more than five posts per visit.

Hummus
02-03-2009, 12:03 PM
I saw this site a few years ago and just ruffled through the posts without commenting...

I'm trying now though! *comes out into the sunlight and blinks in confusion*

kestrel
02-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Hey lovelypurple, looking at your location and your progress pics (you in your DH's cammies), we're probably not too far apart. :D

Slashnl
02-03-2009, 04:20 PM
I'm not a total lurker, but I read way more than I post (except for one thread in the general chatter section). It is funny, I actually read this earlier and didn't post. I got to thinking about it and I have been saying the same thing that I need to post and be more supportive to others who have been supportive to me. So, I'll take the challenge, too.

MrsWolf
02-03-2009, 05:29 PM
Who you calling a lurker?!

Oh, right. :wave:

Anyway, I always feel like there is so many smart people on these boards that I would just end up saying "Yeah! What she said" all the time.

But, I will try to do better. Promise. :yes:

Zen Pharmacy
02-03-2009, 05:32 PM
Eh, I like to lurk.

I mean, I have lots of sarcasm that can be taken the wrong way when being read on the internet ;>

So I post if I have something serious to contribute. Because a lot of times it can come across as me being snippy instead of trying to be funny.

Lori Bell
02-03-2009, 05:52 PM
Eh, I like to lurk.

I mean, I have lots of sarcasm that can be taken the wrong way when being read on the internet ;>

So I post if I have something serious to contribute. Because a lot of times it can come across as me being snippy instead of trying to be funny.

Shut up!!!!!!

:D I have that problem too!!! I just resently discovered that the more I use these little emo-smilies :hug: the more I'm understood...;)

I have seriously made people upset when I was just trying to be funny. :ziplip:

Mickeypnd
02-03-2009, 05:57 PM
lol.. my sarcasm is taken the wrong way on and off the internet.
=]
and I lurk. . . its my thing.
=] Im not nearly as witty as some of the people on here. and I feel bad if I ruin an thread. lol.

mandalinn82
02-03-2009, 06:11 PM
The emo-smilies really do help convey meaning more clearly...I use them all the time.

I love when people come out of lurkdom. People contribute so much, and they'd probably don't they had so much to say and add until they try! I know I didn't...I lurked for a long time, jumped in, and now you can't shut me up!

kittycat40
02-03-2009, 06:21 PM
Lori, you look soooo hot! :) great new photo :)

FreeSpirit
02-03-2009, 06:25 PM
Who you calling a lurker?!

Oh, right. :wave:

Anyway, I always feel like there is so many smart people on these boards that I would just end up saying "Yeah! What she said" all the time.

But, I will try to do better. Promise. :yes:

It's okay to just agree with what others have said. It can really help the OP when they see multiple people saying the same thing... it's kind of like, "Hey, if this has worked for so many people... maybe it'll work for me, too!"

sm177
02-03-2009, 07:29 PM
I'm a horrible lurker! I spend an insane amount of time on here but rarely actually post. There's this one message board I've been on for nearly 6 years and have posted less than 10 times, yet check it daily! It's strange because in real life I'm sooo social and have tons of friends but in the internet world I'm so shy. But I'm really trying to post more! You guys have given me so much support and I'm really trying to be there for all of you as well.

srmb60
02-04-2009, 01:04 AM
It's actually pretty interesting to read why folks don't post.

Slashnl
02-04-2009, 02:37 PM
Ok, this is harder than I thought.
Anyone else having trouble making the 5 posts per day?

Forgot to add: You know, I used to post so much more when I first joined the site. But when I gained back weight I had already lost, I started to feel that I really don't have much to say. Loss of confidence, I guess. I also find that I add a disclaimer at the end of any advice I give... "not that I'm an expert at losing weight, obviously". Hmm. Makes me think I need to get rid of the negative thoughts.

2ndChance09
02-04-2009, 02:52 PM
how do you lurkers do it?
i have to restrain myself from commenting on everything!

Same here lol.

daniela
02-04-2009, 03:24 PM
I lurked when I found the site, then I posted, then I hit a rough patch and went back to lurking. I'm trying to get back out there :)

I do love this site and I think I miss out not participating enough. What's funny is that I'm a jabber jaw in real life.

Sunrose
02-04-2009, 04:17 PM
I've been a member for YEARS and hardly ever post. It's not because I'm not here! I'm here quite often! Although I have been posting a little more lately. :D

The main reason I don't post is because I am sort of shy in general, and I am afraid of being misunderstood. Just like in real life, I don't like to have people mad at me.

I have problems! :dizzy:

Salacious
02-04-2009, 04:38 PM
Oh man, I am so guilty of hard-core lurking too.

I probably spend more time on this site than I do studying, it's just addictive.

But I agree with the rest of the lurkers. I'll try to post more myself.

FreeSpirit
02-04-2009, 04:51 PM
Ok, this is harder than I thought.
Anyone else having trouble making the 5 posts per day?

Forgot to add: You know, I used to post so much more when I first joined the site. But when I gained back weight I had already lost, I started to feel that I really don't have much to say. Loss of confidence, I guess. I also find that I add a disclaimer at the end of any advice I give... "not that I'm an expert at losing weight, obviously". Hmm. Makes me think I need to get rid of the negative thoughts.

I'm trying, though I have to make a conscious effort to post and not just read and run, haha!

You opinion is worth it, even if you have gained weight back. So many of us have and it's nice to know that someone else has gone through it. Plus, you have the experience of knowing what you could have changed to make it so that you didn't.

bnorah
02-04-2009, 05:15 PM
I don't post much, but I'm trying to do better. And I have seen many post a lot, but that's ok! Keep on keepin on people! :carrot: for everyone!!