Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 02-02-2009, 07:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 350/350/170

Height: 5'9"

Default needing serious advice!

okay, so i am in a wedding in march. the 14th actually. when i ordered my dress it was the beginning of december. i was on a great diet and exercise kick and had lost 26 pounds and at least 15 inches. i was three different sizes when placing the order, my bust were a 22, my waist a 20, and my hips a 24. we ordered the middle size. well, today i went to pick up my dress and it is tight through the hips! i had loosened up a little bit through the holidays with the diet and exercise, but not too much. then i found out at the beginning of january that i am pregnant and b/c of a prior m/c and being nervous about that i stopped exercising. i haven't been eating the greatest, but it hasn't been horrible. now i am sooo stressed about this dress. i know it can be altered, but i am terrified that it won't fit come march. so, i need advice on what types of exercise you would recommend. i am planning on starting my walking dvd again tomorrow and am ordering two pregnancy dvd's tonight from amazon. with my eating i am planning on trying to do all fruits, veggies, lean proteins, and whole grains (and of course some dairy). please send some good thoughts and wishes my way for a dress that somehow fits come march!
jmb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/188/120

Height: 5'4"

Listen to yourself...you seem to already have this under control by checking into dvd's ... and you know that the dress can be altered. If you got it from David's Bridal - they will exchange the dress for a different size - at not add'l cost - as long as the size is available. If you got it from somewhere, see if that store will do the same...

Congratulations on your pregnancy...I'm sure all will work out fine!

I know you asked for exercises but I hope the info I gave ya helps!
chunckymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 350/350/170

Height: 5'9"

yea, i know, i'm just flipping out right now i didn't get it from david's bridal. we got them from a little local place. they have to order them from the company. when i ordered it in dec. i had to place a rush delivery just to get it by feb. so there is no time to order a new one. i should have just ordered the 24 in anticipation that something might happen! oh hindsite is 20/20!! i know it will all work out in the end.
jmb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:41 PM   #4  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

Height: 5'6"

I am also in a wedding in March (the 28th). Since I am the maid of honor, I got to pick my dress. We found this great strapless dress that was form fitting in the middle and beautiful. I had lost 50 lbs and was going strong. That afternoon I found out I am pregnant! We figured that I would be about 4 months along by the time the big day comes and rushed back down to David's Bridal to change dresses and sizes. The 24 I ordered had fit perfectly, but who knows by the time the end of March comes! I chose a form fitting top and flowing waist dress, just in case there is a slight baby bump by then. Now I will need some alterations, b/c I actually haven't gained anything so far, but I am holding off as long as I can. So, I definitely feel you on this one. My sister got her dress and realized she needs to lose about 10 lbs to get into it the way she wants. She has time though. Good luck to us all!!! Good fitting dresses to all!
blueyedlvrgirl is offline   Reply With Quote