100 lb. Club - The Daily Plate

View Full Version : The Daily Plate

lindalou0510
02-02-2009, 05:17 PM
I just discovered this fabulous website!

Does anyone here have a paid membership? I'm just wondering if it's worth it to upgrade, or keep it as the free version!

Thanks for everyone's help on this forum! You guys rock! :carrot:

Redflame
02-02-2009, 05:43 PM
I just went onto Daily Plate today, I have used Sparkpeople for a long time, and I really like it. SO far I am not that impressed with Daily plate, but I will try it out for at least a week (we always like what we are familiar with!)

lindalou0510
02-02-2009, 06:02 PM
True that!

I tried SparkPeople and didn't like it! We'll see how The Daily Plate works! Thanks! :D

TraceyElaine
02-02-2009, 06:18 PM
I use fitday.com but I hear alot of people use The Daily Plate and like it.

Smiling_Sara
02-02-2009, 06:35 PM
I use TDP. Anyone interested can add me as a friend. My name is the same there as it is here. BornToFly :)

lottie63
02-02-2009, 07:18 PM
I'm a paid member and it's totally worth it!!!! As someone else said 30$ on tdp is better than 30$ on junk food.

jademarlene
02-02-2009, 07:47 PM
I'm a paid member and it's totally worth it!!!! As someone else said 30$ on tdp is better than 30$ on junk food.

Lottie,

What do you get extra on the paid plan?

rodeogirl
02-02-2009, 11:30 PM
I use TDP and love it. I don't pay for anything extra and so far it does everything I'm looking for.

lottie63
02-02-2009, 11:31 PM
Lottie,

What do you get extra on the paid plan?

You get a ticker, a custom nutrition label (which is worth it just for that!) it REALLY keeps me on track as far as how healthy I'm eating since it tracks everything, esp sodium, I"m not sure if you know this or not but those percentages at the bottom of the screen that tell you your percentages for stuff, they are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so if that is not what you're eating, it's really not doing you any good. but with the custom nutrition label it tells you all the stuff based on YOUR calorie goals.

Also, there is the 'week at a glance' where you can see a menu of everything you've eaten in the last week, and you can just drag and drop it form the menu over on to the "I ate ___ today" menu instead of searching for everythign little thing.

It also tracks all of your daily plates FOR EV AR. it stores them all. the free version does not do that. You can also track all your measurements along with weight. (I have lost 6 inches off my waist since september!) :D

Some other stuff too prolly, but I can't think of it off the top of my head. but the custom nutrition label, totally work 30$ for six months. That is like, nothing, for all that you get.

Thin4Good
02-03-2009, 10:35 AM
Paid TDP sounds a lot like Spark People. Is it different?

FB
02-03-2009, 10:44 AM
I'm a paid member of TDP too, Lottie about covered the perks.

Spark People is a little different, more gimmicky in my opinion - as in fun gimmicks. It looked like there were more bells and whistles with points and kudos, so if you enjoy that sort of thing, find it motivating, it may be a good choice.

I would have enjoyed it when I was first starting out, but was using Fitday at the time. When I discovered TDP and it's ease of use compared to Fitday I was overjoyed and stuck with it.

hautbois
02-03-2009, 11:28 AM
I use Sparkpeople. I use to use FD. Now I'm heading over to TDP to see if I like that one better.

lottie63
02-03-2009, 11:38 AM
I don't now have never used sparkpeople.

Smiling_Sara
02-03-2009, 01:22 PM
Curious, Do you have to have a pd acct to add friends?

lottie63
02-03-2009, 01:36 PM
Curious, Do you have to have a pd acct to add friends?

Nope

Redflame
02-03-2009, 03:10 PM
Yeah, the paid FD sounds just like Sparks. I love Sparks because I can look back and view big pictures........for example I can print out reports and throw them at my doctor when he says I am not keeping track of my nutrition. Throw about 3 weeks of reports at him and he pretty much shuts up.......other than "Your magnesium is low" He can see my calories, fat, protien, calcium, iron, etc. He has been screaming at me about iron, and I have been telling him I am eating iron rich foods, now he can clearly see what I have.

lalique
02-03-2009, 09:44 PM
lottie turned me on to thedailyplate (thanks lottie! :D )
I'm still learning & trying to figure it out.. I used fitday a few times in the past, but so far I love thedailyplate much much more! :)

KCMom
02-03-2009, 09:49 PM
I'm a Gold member on TDP. I'm taking Alli, so I really like the paid feature that allows me to see the fat grams consumed in each meal instead of just a running daily total. If I hadn't started Alli, I would have continued with the free membership and it would have meet my needs just fine.

I used TDP before without being a paid member, and I thought it was much better than FitDay. The foods database is much larger, and I like being able to add a frequent meal to the My Saved Meals area for quick retrieval.

xJox
02-03-2009, 10:13 PM
I LOVE TDP. Ive been using it for a long time.

redreine
02-03-2009, 10:57 PM
I use Sparkpeople. I use to use FD. Now I'm heading over to TDP to see if I like that one better.

:)SAME HERE!:p

HVEECK
02-04-2009, 02:24 AM
I've been using the daily plate for about a month now, and love it. Not a paid member, and it does what I need it to do. It's much easier to track calories with TDP (in my opinion) I dont know how people did this before we had the internet, LOL

rodeogirl
02-04-2009, 02:35 AM
I thought counting calories would be such a pain that I was really against it but someone here mentioned TDP and now calorie counting is a big reason why I managed to lose 30 pounds.

lindalou0510
02-04-2009, 10:27 AM
I'm on day 3 of using TDP and I really love it! It's very simple! Thanks for everyone's input!

I totally agree, how did anyone do any of this stuff before the internet? We are spoiled for sure!